Basco Shower Doors

Basco Shower Doors
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Basco Shower Doors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basco Shower Doors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basco?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I purchased a 36x80 Celesta FRAMELESS 3/8 inch glass shower screen for the reason that it is FRAMELESS. However, after installing the shower screen, I noticed it included a support bar that goes across the top of the shower. I called to understand what the support bar was for as there are NO pictures of this when you're looking at the shower screen online. I was told shower screens wider than 36" require a support bar. Had I been informed about this or saw it online, I would have downsized. I'm so disappointed in the lack of forthcoming information online and from the supplier.

Original review: July 27, 2020

These doors pass each other which doesn't allow the handles to be installed on the side that make sense. To start the water, we have to grab the glass to slide open because the only place for the grab handle is on the inside. Likewise to get out of the shower. The handle to slide open is on the outside. The installer (who was very expensive-cost more than the door itself) said it's a design flaw. Because the doors pass each other, the handles had to be put on those sides. Glad I could attach pictures to this.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I purchased three Basco shower doors and while removing the last of the three units individual glass panels from box 9 (right side up) it exploded and glass ripped my shirt and glass implanted itself into my legs. Have approached Lowe's regarding this matter and they have no warranty on special orders and are reaching out to Basco regarding this as I have already drilled holes into the bathtub and frame is in place. Dangerous and traumatic experience and from the reviews I am reading - it appears this company is terrible both in product design and customer service.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Looks are amazing. Design is horrible. Instructions are horrible. Technical support is even more horrible. Very poor design on the shower bar and door handles. They are press on fit with a gasket. They do not press on easily. I had to use soap to get them on and one of the gaskets ripped. Instructions do not help. I contacted tech support and they had nothing more to add. I will have to modify some things myself to make things work right. I'll be going back to Delta shower doors. Their design is much better. I would expect more from an American made company. I paid a lot and got little in return.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have been reading reviews of the shower door suddenly shattering and I think I might have figured out why. While taking a shower, I heard a noise like something fell but did not see anything. I realized the shower door itself fell - shifted down. The nylon spacer that is on the lower pin of the door failed - it broke and fell out, letting the door slip down. If the door had been in an different position, it might have fallen out and broken. The piece is small, and might be hard to find in a pile of shattered glass. Luckily for me, the door stayed mostly in place. I have had this door for 3 year with regular daily use by 2 adults.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Installed 1.5 weeks ago (Basco Semi-frameless Shower door Roto) and only used for past week. When getting out of the shower, while sliding door open, it totally shattered on me. Thankfully no shards/slivers in my eyes, but over 50 small cuts, few pretty significant. Double thankful it didn’t happen to my partner on blood thinners. :-(. So waiting to hear from installer and Basco. (I did register the product after the install.) I am horrified that they can sell anything that can cause such injury. Am very afraid to even touch the other slider door, and what’s to say a replacement won’t do the same damage?!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

The Shower Door in Massapequa - Robert and Dan came to my home to install a shower door and they did an excellent job. They were very professional and efficient. They were very clean and left my bathroom as clean as it was when they started the job. The glass doors are beautifully made and look great in the bathroom.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I wish I had found this site before ordering my shower doors 18 months ago. At least then I would have known about all the nifty “undocumented features” of this company’s products. Within a few months of my landlord installing the doors (he’s a licensed contractor who knows his stuff), I was showering when a large piece of metal fell into the tub and one of the doors popped out of its track. I was terrified it was going to fall and so I cut that shower short. My landlord fixed the issue and once again reminded me he’d cautioned against the frameless model because he doesn’t believe they’re safe. For a second time, I didn’t listen, because I thought they were “pretty.”

Yesterday, going about what I thought would be my usual morning routine (lather, rinse, repeat), the door closest to me (NOT the one my landlord previously fixed) imploded into a million sharp, jagged pieces. I hadn’t touched it. A lot of the glass landed on the bathroom floor but the heat within the enclosure pulled the majority of the glass inward, at high speed. So, I’m up to my ankles in broken glass, bleeding from at least two dozen small cuts, with no obvious escape route that doesn’t involve being sliced and diced beyond recognition. Thankfully, I was able to reach outside the shower, grab the bath mat, shake off most of the glass, and lay it atop the pile of shards, all without moving my feet which would have led to more serious injury. I reviewed their warranty policy but I simply can’t see replacing a product that has failed twice in 18 months (and once spectacularly so). Has anyone gotten satisfaction from this company?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a very expensive glass enclosure from Basco that was treated with aqua glide glass protectant. The product is terrible I would have been better off getting builders grade glass and treating it with Rainex. This company will not stand behind their claims. I have spoken to numerous customer service people. It was supposed to be low maintenance and not get water spots. It's been the worst glass. Looks spotted after just one shower.

The rep came out twice and told me that you have to dry the glass with a towel after each shower. Who dries their shower after each time they use it? Not to mention the glass is 8 ft. Tall. You aren't allowed to use a squeegee. That will take the finish off, you can't use regular cleaners we have to use a cleaner made by them. You can only get the cleaner by ordering it from the company. I am so dissatisfied that I asked them to take it out and refund my money. The rep actually insulted me more than once saying that I don't clean it. I had cleaned it that day! Never use this company. They try every excuse in the book!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I purchased a shower enclosement with 2 doors, they were oil rubbed bronze. I have had the unit about 3 years. After the 2nd year the paint started to peel on the frame, and not just a little, all of the frame. The unit was not cheap in cost just in the quality. Beware before you deal with this company.

Basco Shower Doors Company Information