Basco Shower Doors

Basco Shower Doors

4.1/5 (126 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Basco Shower Doors

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Basco Shower Doors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basco Shower Doors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basco?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Ordered sliding glass doors. Installed all framing, follow directions to the “T”. Went to hang shower door on hinges. Door was up for about 10 minutes then shattered without anyone touching it. Called Basco, they said they had a few other instances but would send us new door. Put new door up, it hung for 20 minutes…then shattered again. Read numerous reviews on here and elsewhere about tempered glass shattering if there's a bubble or edge defects.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Glass door completely shattered when installing. Pieces of glass everywhere, small cuts all over arms, glass in the drain, vents, sink, all over. We will likely be finding pieces for a long time. Basco continued to tell me the glass was safe because it was tempered, but that does not mean that the tempered glass would not break. Do not buy.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2021

This has been a real experience!! I ordered a shower door thru Home Depot. 1st one came after 3 weeks and was shattered, so ordered 2nd, it came with wrong handle and a short track so it was caulked, looking terrible, what a bad experience!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I purchased a 36x80 Celesta FRAMELESS 3/8 inch glass shower screen for the reason that it is FRAMELESS. However, after installing the shower screen, I noticed it included a support bar that goes across the top of the shower. I called to understand what the support bar was for as there are NO pictures of this when you're looking at the shower screen online. I was told shower screens wider than 36" require a support bar. Had I been informed about this or saw it online, I would have downsized. I'm so disappointed in the lack of forthcoming information online and from the supplier.

Original review: July 27, 2020

These doors pass each other which doesn't allow the handles to be installed on the side that make sense. To start the water, we have to grab the glass to slide open because the only place for the grab handle is on the inside. Likewise to get out of the shower. The handle to slide open is on the outside. The installer (who was very expensive-cost more than the door itself) said it's a design flaw. Because the doors pass each other, the handles had to be put on those sides. Glad I could attach pictures to this.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I purchased three Basco shower doors and while removing the last of the three units individual glass panels from box 9 (right side up) it exploded and glass ripped my shirt and glass implanted itself into my legs. Have approached Lowe's regarding this matter and they have no warranty on special orders and are reaching out to Basco regarding this as I have already drilled holes into the bathtub and frame is in place. Dangerous and traumatic experience and from the reviews I am reading - it appears this company is terrible both in product design and customer service.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Looks are amazing. Design is horrible. Instructions are horrible. Technical support is even more horrible. Very poor design on the shower bar and door handles. They are press on fit with a gasket. They do not press on easily. I had to use soap to get them on and one of the gaskets ripped. Instructions do not help. I contacted tech support and they had nothing more to add. I will have to modify some things myself to make things work right. I'll be going back to Delta shower doors. Their design is much better. I would expect more from an American made company. I paid a lot and got little in return.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have been reading reviews of the shower door suddenly shattering and I think I might have figured out why. While taking a shower, I heard a noise like something fell but did not see anything. I realized the shower door itself fell - shifted down. The nylon spacer that is on the lower pin of the door failed - it broke and fell out, letting the door slip down. If the door had been in an different position, it might have fallen out and broken. The piece is small, and might be hard to find in a pile of shattered glass. Luckily for me, the door stayed mostly in place. I have had this door for 3 year with regular daily use by 2 adults.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Installed 1.5 weeks ago (Basco Semi-frameless Shower door Roto) and only used for past week. When getting out of the shower, while sliding door open, it totally shattered on me. Thankfully no shards/slivers in my eyes, but over 50 small cuts, few pretty significant. Double thankful it didn’t happen to my partner on blood thinners. :-(. So waiting to hear from installer and Basco. (I did register the product after the install.) I am horrified that they can sell anything that can cause such injury. Am very afraid to even touch the other slider door, and what’s to say a replacement won’t do the same damage?!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

The Shower Door in Massapequa - Robert and Dan came to my home to install a shower door and they did an excellent job. They were very professional and efficient. They were very clean and left my bathroom as clean as it was when they started the job. The glass doors are beautifully made and look great in the bathroom.

Basco Shower Doors Company Information