Basco Shower Doors
  • 1 star
Based on 11 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Basco Shower Doors

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 20, 2017

14 Basco Shower Doors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I wish I had found this site before ordering my shower doors 18 months ago. At least then I would have known about all the nifty “undocumented features” of this company’s products. Within a few months of my landlord installing the doors (he’s a licensed contractor who knows his stuff), I was showering when a large piece of metal fell into the tub and one of the doors popped out of its track. I was terrified it was going to fall and so I cut that shower short. My landlord fixed the issue and once again reminded me he’d cautioned against the frameless model because he doesn’t believe they’re safe. For a second time, I didn’t listen, because I thought they were “pretty.”

Yesterday, going about what I thought would be my usual morning routine (lather, rinse, repeat), the door closest to me (NOT the one my landlord previously fixed) imploded into a million sharp, jagged pieces. I hadn’t touched it. A lot of the glass landed on the bathroom floor but the heat within the enclosure pulled the majority of the glass inward, at high speed. So, I’m up to my ankles in broken glass, bleeding from at least two dozen small cuts, with no obvious escape route that doesn’t involve being sliced and diced beyond recognition. Thankfully, I was able to reach outside the shower, grab the bath mat, shake off most of the glass, and lay it atop the pile of shards, all without moving my feet which would have led to more serious injury. I reviewed their warranty policy but I simply can’t see replacing a product that has failed twice in 18 months (and once spectacularly so). Has anyone gotten satisfaction from this company?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a very expensive glass enclosure from Basco that was treated with aqua glide glass protectant. The product is terrible I would have been better off getting builders grade glass and treating it with Rainex. This company will not stand behind their claims. I have spoken to numerous customer service people. It was supposed to be low maintenance and not get water spots. It's been the worst glass. Looks spotted after just one shower.

The rep came out twice and told me that you have to dry the glass with a towel after each shower. Who dries their shower after each time they use it? Not to mention the glass is 8 ft. Tall. You aren't allowed to use a squeegee. That will take the finish off, you can't use regular cleaners we have to use a cleaner made by them. You can only get the cleaner by ordering it from the company. I am so dissatisfied that I asked them to take it out and refund my money. The rep actually insulted me more than once saying that I don't clean it. I had cleaned it that day! Never use this company. They try every excuse in the book!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I purchased a shower enclosement with 2 doors, they were oil rubbed bronze. I have had the unit about 3 years. After the 2nd year the paint started to peel on the frame, and not just a little, all of the frame. The unit was not cheap in cost just in the quality. Beware before you deal with this company.

Original review: June 6, 2016

Just had the shower door installed and it looks good but I think there are design flaws. The doors seem flimsy and you have to guide the door into a rubber slot on the frame to keep water from leaking out. There seems to be too much movement front to back with the two doors.

Original review: May 31, 2016

Ordered 2 doors at 500 each. Was suppose to have in two weeks but instead I got one in three weeks and then had to wait another week on the second one. When I went and picked the second one up and got it home called my contractor to come and install for the second time. There was no part pack to install it with. Called Lowe's. They told me to call and they would ship it right out but when I called they informed me I would have to pay unless Lowe's ordered so I called Lowe's back and they were calling to have it overnighted on Thursday which I still haven't got it and today is Tuesday.

So Lowe's calls back. They conveniently have closed down for inventory and just came back to work and will mail it today but will not overnight so I am still waiting. Poorest customer service I have ever dealt with. Oh yea and could not mail it to me. It had to go to Lowe's and I have to drive back about 45 minutes to get it. I can promise you Bosco will never get my business again. Poor, poor excuse for a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Basco?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I am a designer and my first purchase was for one single medicine cabinet. I have had more problems getting this shipped and delivered than all the other products on the project combined. Rude, inflexible, refuses to ship unless signed for which is virtually impossible for me as I travel from project to project and cannot wait in one place all day for an unspecified day and time of delivery. Signed authorization to leave and taking complete responsibility for receipt is not good enough for them.

I've received shipments of lumber, hardware, vanities, plumbing supplies, and a million other things without having to be there to sign but this company obviously has an inflated opinion of the value of its products. And, it's taking them weeks to get it out the door; I have explained that this one item is holding us up from completing the framing and sheet rocking of one bathroom. The owner refuses to get on the phone. How rude.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

After almost having my shower completed, the last thing was the door to be installed. Not even a week later, and my glass door shattered into a million pieces leaving my husband with cuts on his hands and feet. We both were shocked and my husband went to Lowe's to order another one at hopefully no cost to us. I'm now petrified that it might happen again. Will keep you updated.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

Our first Basco shower door was installed as the last item in a 6 month 2 bathroom total renovation. The frameless door leaked. Basco Customer Service replied it was never designed not to leak!! Their rep then agreed to replace it. The 2nd door was delivered and about to be installed, then it was found not to be what we had ordered (supplier's error, not Basco's). The third door was delivered and installed, but the door came out of its frame and the hinges were loose, the combination dropping the door down from its frame. It is now not usable and can't be fixed. We're getting a refund and going to a different door manufacturer and installer. After nine months, our shower is still not done!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

In October 2014, my granddaughter was taking a shower and the one side of the door shattered into slivers of glass. Her feet, face, and arms had numerous small bleeding cuts. She never touched the door when it shattered. I have no idea what caused the door to shatter. Basco denied a problem with the 4500 shower door. I paid $340 for a replacement door in October. I still do not have the shower door. Their customer service has been less than cooperative in working with Lowes.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2015

Excellent shower enclosure but terrible follow up service to remedy an installation problem. Bought an expensive Celeste shower enclosure 16 months ago to replace our 8 year old troublefree "builders quality" enclosure. Basco professional technicians installed my 3/8" thick enclosure to their specifications. The weight of the door and/or their improper installation has caused the fixed pane to pull away from the wall resulting in the door being misaligned and not closing correctly.

I called Basco to setup a service call to repair this obvious installation deficiency. Unbelievably I was told it would be $130 just to get a guy out to look at it. Are you kidding me? I invest thousands of dollars into what I thought was the best shower enclosure on the market. In little more than a year it's falling down and Basco won't fix it. Basco's inability to back their product 100% is mind boggling. I should have kept my my old troublefree enclosure. A really good product but zero customer support, I would expect far better.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2012

During a 500 room upgrade and renovation project at a major local hotel, the frameless sliding Basco 4500 door was specified. Over the course of approximately 3 months, nearly 10% of these doors shattered at various times. Some during installation, some during post-installation operation, and some simply when being cleaned. One person has already suffered serious enough injuries to be treated at a hospital.

The hotel client is rightfully requiring that all these doors be replaced before a guest gets seriously hurt. To date, Basco is claiming there is nothing wrong with the doors and is offering literally no help in resolving the situation. Unless you consider pointing fingers at everyone involved except themselves. Help.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2010

My husband was showering, the Basco Shower door imploded. I heard this big loud bang and went into the bathroom to check on him. He was standing there with bleeding hands and feet covered in glass. For no reason what so ever it blew up. The entire bathroom was covered with glass. Very traumatizing! Glass everywhere! Cuts on hands and feet. Basco said they would replace the door, but I am afraid to use glass again. Door cost 1400.

Original review: July 23, 2010

Last night, both my husband and I showered and went to bed an hour later. This morning, when I awoke, I found the bathroom floor covered with glass. One of the shower doors had shattered. I called the Basco representative, who said this happens on rare occasions and that they would replace the door.

We asked that they replace both doors and the representative said he would look into doing that, needing to consult with his supervisor. We decided to look online to see if this had happened to others. Fortunately, no one was injured but we are apprehensive about installing new doors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2009

For the third time in a row, after three different installers, and after one severe incident where major cuts were sustained, frameless glass shower doors from the Basco Corp shattered. There appears to be a serious manufacturing default with this glass or in the design application of the hardware. Cuts requiring butterfly bandages and stitches were necessary after the door didn't "spider" but shattered, sending glass shards all over the bathroom, and into the shower pan where one was standing barefooted. Terrible.

Basco Shower Doors Company Information