Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.7/5 (240 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Apartments.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Apartments.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I wholeheartedly love the site because it put me at ease, all while, in the comfort of my home. The thoroughness of how everything is laid out is phenomenal. Knowing that I can go to the actual site with a clear plan in mind helps out a lot.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I've used before, was very happy, very detailed. Has lots of areas to view, has prices. Has photos, shows surrounding grounds, has shopping locations, schools locations. Tells you about each rooms, has size. I like the fact you can actually see inside.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

My wife and I have lived here for 2 years and are very happy here. Maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner and the maintenance staff here is pretty darn good. Hats off to Chris who did an awesome job on our bathroom. Thank you Chris. The office staff is always polite and courteous and attentive to our needs. Rents are affordable and the property is, for the most part kept clean. We believe in being clean courteous neighbors and hope all neighbors share the same sentiment...

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Once you give them your email address, expect mass amounts of endless, unrelenting spam. Unsubscribe does nothing, and the only recourse is to block their domain altogether. Absolutely infuriating and scummy. If you value your sanity, use Zillow or something instead.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

We have been COZY.com customers for over 3 years with 36 units. Cozy worked very well for our needs. Aparments.com purchased Cozy and our units were moved. They postponed the move a number of times- and in the end, I wish they had waited longer. The user interface for landlords to apartments.com is HORRIBLE. There’s no flow through the screens to enter property information leases or tenant info. It’s seems that a inexperienced programmer layer out the interface. We find ourselves lost in the application and the waiting times for properties to pop up is unacceptable. In calling apartments.com, the support staff is knowledgeable, but the tool is poor at best. It’s needs some serious rewrite. STEER CLEAR OF THIS APP UNTIL THEY FIX IT. SO SORRY WE LOST COZY.COM. We currently looking at other options as this IS SO PAINFUL.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was managing my rentals very smoothly through Cozy.co then Apartments.com bought them out and transitioned my properties. Things were fine until I had to list properties. In a nutshell, renters are having a lot of difficulties with the app. My payments disappear and I look like a fool because I can't fix the problems. I'd advise you to invest your time somewhere else.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Our lease recently ended at this appt complex. To our surprise, we are being billed for a new carpet due to "unacceptable" wear and tear. We do have two dogs and we paid all appropriate dues and fees/deposits for having two dogs. The wear and tear that we had is more than what they would "accept" - I guess this is where this becomes a semantics issue. Please be AWARE of the deceptive tactics and explanations/justifications used by this management to fleece you of your deposit. Their solution is to give you "your deposit back" and bill you for the whole carpet - how wonderful. They will definitely tell you "sorry you feel that way" but will still bill you for a new carpet. PS: when we moved in there, the carpet was NOT new. I guess this is how you do business! Bravo. Very unfortunate situation when you blindside your tenants like that. PLEASE BE CAREFUL and do your research.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I tried to post two apartments for rent on apartments.com. First, the app did not recognize the address, when it clearly shows up in Google maps, and always has. I contacted their support, and then they sent me a long list of questions for the property listing. Among others, they requested proof of ownership. Really, you want me to send a deed? After fruitlessly going back and forth with apartments.com for two weeks, I already had twenty calls from Craigslist alone. Apartments.com deserves less than one star, rock bottom, the most incompetent site I dealt with.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I tried listing my condo for rent through Apartments.com but did not get any replies. I did have someone reach out to me from different source, but when I directed them to apply through this site, it took several attempts for them to load their information. Once the application was in, I could not view it. I called several numbers, including my "person representative" but was continually disconnected or got no reply at all. I am not sure what service I really paid for, as I gained absolutely nothing from their company & have concerns that applicants are loading personal information on a website that never seems to be functioning properly.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I've been self-managing our properties on Cozy.co from the beginning and it's been a great experience thus far. It took a long time to research the platform we wanted to use and decided that Cozy was the best. I was hesitant about the transition from Cozy to Apartments.com and for good reason. It doesn't work. I can't upload documents and have wasted hours of my time (huge $$'s) trying to call and wait for a response ad resolution, nothing. Calling, waiting, nothing. I will be transitioning all my properties over to a new platform and advise you do research.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I've had a pleasure doing business with Cozy.co managing my rental properties for years till for some unknown reason they decided to merge or be purchased by this completely incompetent and brainless website called "Apartments.com". Their website had to be designed by some dumb college dropouts or complete **! Nothing works! Stay away!

Original review: March 6, 2021

When you look for an apartment you would expect that in the days we have been facing that you would be able to live peacefully. NO, thanks to deceptive reviews and advertisement posted in Apartments.Com man are deceived into renting an apartment only a month later to chased out by the residents as well as management doing nothing about the issues. Someone on the upper level thinks it is funny and has the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to disturb other people.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2021

Update: the company rep contacted me about this issue. He assured me there was no data breach of any kind. He did try and convince me to not be worried about my information. He was very pleasant and understanding. They did get the scammer and his multiple listings that he had listed. The listing were taken down. I am just ok with the information part not being breached and very happy that they got the scammer!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Apartments.com site does not comply with safe or good business practice. My wife and I were looking for a home to rent and we were contacted by an individual who claimed to be an owner of a house. Well that wasn't the exact truth. He was a scammer. I notified apartments.com and they sent me an email, yes he's a scammer and we deleted that ad. I've requested a phone call to find out how deep his collection of info was. I've gotten NO response from them. This is a security breach and potential identity theft. They don't care less is what I'm taking away from this by their failure to call and communicate with us for resolution of this issue. I would not register with this site! There is very lax security protocols being used by this company! Also my wife's phone is being blown up by spam calls since this has occurred!! Beware!! It's all bad with this company!!

Apartments.com Company Information