2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Apartments.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Not sure why my reviews for Apartment.com has been erased. However I was leaving a honest review of the apartments I am currently staying in. Friendship crossing apartments Washington DC SW. These apartments are trash, slum landlords. I have been dealing with pest infestation- spiders, cockroaches, roaches, grasshoppers etc. Mold the humidity is under 10 makes it difficult to breath. I been reporting issues since moving into this unit. They always come unnoticed. No notice at all. Caught them in the act today and informed them they are being recorded. They hire cheap people to come in and cover up issues instead of getting this fix. I have been to court and because they have money they can get the courts to throw out issues. Beware. Make sure any low reviews you see about this apartment listen and think carefully because I’ve made a mistake.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

As a Real Estate Broker, the most important aspect of trying to list and rent an apartment for an owner or property management company, is TIME. Unfortunately, apartments.com is one of the worst sites I've ever attempted to use. Every single listing is flagged as Invalid Address, even when I know an address is accurate because I've worked with the owner over 10 years. Zillow, Trulia and Hotpads are frankly, SUPERIOR in user experience. I have to imagine other Brokers go through the same issue. In one instance, I spent 2 days trying to put up a listing; address invalid and then the "captcha" failed to allow a check mark to be put in on another listing that didn't have the "invalid address" issue.

Customer service is always friendly and easily accessed by phone, but the tools to solve the problem, are all but non-existent and I don't blame those answering the phone, I blame the company who it appears, do not really have offer their customer service agents, a resolution. Point in case, they verified the address was accurate, but had no way to override their own system - end result, NO RESOLUTION just out of luck trying to get that business done on their site. BROKERS BEWARE and renters should know you are "missing" half the market because these issues are RAMPANT on the part of most Brokers' trying to list.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The Lanai is a very nice quiet little complex that is conveniently located right off Veterans Blvd. It is clean, safe and well maintained. It has a nice pool area and it is just a 1/2 block from the Mardi Gras and St Patrick Day Parades. I would certainly recommend this location as a great place to live.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Slumlord/Stonelock Properties. The landlord is a slumlord. The apartments have leaks in the ceilings that don't get fix. They have mice that the slumlord does not have exterminators come in to spray the apartment. We have no heat. In March there was no heat or hot water for 5 days.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have lived here for 8 months. In that time I have experienced two separate occasions in the summer when I had no electricity in the building for more than 24 hours. I had one occasion when I did not have water for up to a week. Since I moved in they have reduced the cleaning staff so that dog feces stayed on the floor of the penthouse hallway for a week even after I notified the front desk and leasing office through maintenance requests. Since I moved in they have turned 30 apartments into hotel rooms they rent through Sonders for less than 100 a night which has brought undesirable people into the building. To top it off I had coach roaches falling from the ceiling on thanksgiving day onto my dinner table due to a hole in the roof.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Apartments.com website will not let you write a bad review of an apartment complex. I have tried twice and it has been rejected. I even worked my review around other bad reviews on the site but it was regretted. I have lived at this complex for 15 years and since a new management company has taken over the apartments have gone down hill.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

This apartment complex market their homes as luxury apartments, and they are way far from being luxury. They have small and narrow units, not well designed, and there is no enough room for your belongings. You literally get half a kitchen which is no good for your cookware, and your dining ware. In the bed room you get two small closets; the size of the coat closet by your foyer which will never take all your clothes.

The plumbing here is a huge problem, they have lead pipes that need to be replaced and of course they are not going to do it. You go in to the shower and you see black stuff coming down into the water once you turn your shower head on. I reported this problem several times, and nothing has been done about it. I even contacted Prince William County about the water quality as I was so concerned about it, and nothing has been done. The management lied to me about it, and said that everything was normal. The building is infested with roaches and for more than six weeks I couldn't use my kitchen because of the treatment. It is a horrible place, senseless management who just cares about collecting money, but never spending money on maintenance and enhancing the quality of living for residents. Staff is unfriendly and can be really rude, even the manager himself has an attitude. Please try to avoid renting here, you will be trapped.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Apartments.com is receiving money from property companies, that in turn, influence the "star rating" of such properties. This is obvious when you take into account the amount of reviews and then calculate the average rating yourself.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I own an apartment building. We have over 150, 5 star reviews. Apartments.com shows old pictures not relevant whatsoever after our total overhaul of the building. The review posts are questionable reviews because they never seem to express what our hundreds of other tenants are saying. I called this company at which time they said I can pay them in order to take control of the challenge that they are in fact creating! Seems to me that type of behavior is blackmail. Basically, they will continue to show old, outdated, irrelevant, bad "legitimate" reviews unless I subscribe to their business. Not going to be a part of that. Yet they get top placement on Google searches?! Not pleased with this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I lived in Grand Lowry Lofts for 5 years and with the change in ownership and management issues, I didn't feel safe and paid out my lease in order to move to a safer building. There were homeless people wandering around the inside of the building at all hours of the day and night because locked entrances were broken and tenants were told that "it isn't in the budget to do repairs". I tried to post a review on Apartments.com and was told that not all reviews were posted. I spoke with several other folks who moved or are still living at Grand Lowry Lofts in Denver Colorado and they had the same experience. Apartments.com is paid by owners to only post positive reviews many years old and dated. I think it is simply a way to get money from owners to line their pockets and not about helping people find a good safe apartment. I would advise people to use other websites with more integrity.

Not sure about Apartments.com?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Real Estate Websites for you.

Apartments.com Company Information