3.9/5 (258 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Apartments.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Apartments.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: May 28, 2022

I've left negative reviews on Apartments.com for 3 different apartment complexes where I live. I'd had HORRIBLE experiences and I'm trying to warn others. But every single time that I leave my reviews on apartments.com, they keep removing them. I've asked them why they keep removing my reviews and they are giving me the run around. Saying that it can take up to 10 days for reviews to be posted on their website. One apartment complex, I left a review on them over 2 years ago, and it's still not on their website. I don't know if they are getting paid to remove negative reviews or what, but there are no negative reviews on their website for any of the apartment complexes where I live at, for any apartment complex, not just the ones I want to leave negative reviews about. So obviously, their reviews can't be trusted!!!! They even show high ratings for apartments that have no reviews at all. This website can't be trusted at all!!!!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I tried to review my apartment and it would not post the review - error msg stated 'we had problem with..'. I went back and tried to review all over but the Review space was grayed out. I could not even get in. Leads me to believe that if you pay Apartments.com, they can prevent bad ratings on your apartment from being posted.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Once you give them your email address, expect mass amounts of endless, unrelenting spam. Unsubscribe does nothing, and the only recourse is to block their domain altogether. Absolutely infuriating and scummy. If you value your sanity, use Zillow or something instead.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

We have been COZY.com customers for over 3 years with 36 units. Cozy worked very well for our needs. Aparments.com purchased Cozy and our units were moved. They postponed the move a number of times- and in the end, I wish they had waited longer. The user interface for landlords to apartments.com is HORRIBLE. There’s no flow through the screens to enter property information leases or tenant info. It’s seems that a inexperienced programmer layer out the interface. We find ourselves lost in the application and the waiting times for properties to pop up is unacceptable. In calling apartments.com, the support staff is knowledgeable, but the tool is poor at best. It’s needs some serious rewrite. STEER CLEAR OF THIS APP UNTIL THEY FIX IT. SO SORRY WE LOST COZY.COM. We currently looking at other options as this IS SO PAINFUL.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I was managing my rentals very smoothly through Cozy.co then Apartments.com bought them out and transitioned my properties. Things were fine until I had to list properties. In a nutshell, renters are having a lot of difficulties with the app. My payments disappear and I look like a fool because I can't fix the problems. I'd advise you to invest your time somewhere else.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Our lease recently ended at this appt complex. To our surprise, we are being billed for a new carpet due to "unacceptable" wear and tear. We do have two dogs and we paid all appropriate dues and fees/deposits for having two dogs. The wear and tear that we had is more than what they would "accept" - I guess this is where this becomes a semantics issue. Please be AWARE of the deceptive tactics and explanations/justifications used by this management to fleece you of your deposit. Their solution is to give you "your deposit back" and bill you for the whole carpet - how wonderful. They will definitely tell you "sorry you feel that way" but will still bill you for a new carpet. PS: when we moved in there, the carpet was NOT new. I guess this is how you do business! Bravo. Very unfortunate situation when you blindside your tenants like that. PLEASE BE CAREFUL and do your research.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I tried to post two apartments for rent on apartments.com. First, the app did not recognize the address, when it clearly shows up in Google maps, and always has. I contacted their support, and then they sent me a long list of questions for the property listing. Among others, they requested proof of ownership. Really, you want me to send a deed? After fruitlessly going back and forth with apartments.com for two weeks, I already had twenty calls from Craigslist alone. Apartments.com deserves less than one star, rock bottom, the most incompetent site I dealt with.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I tried listing my condo for rent through Apartments.com but did not get any replies. I did have someone reach out to me from different source, but when I directed them to apply through this site, it took several attempts for them to load their information. Once the application was in, I could not view it. I called several numbers, including my "person representative" but was continually disconnected or got no reply at all. I am not sure what service I really paid for, as I gained absolutely nothing from their company & have concerns that applicants are loading personal information on a website that never seems to be functioning properly.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I've been self-managing our properties on Cozy.co from the beginning and it's been a great experience thus far. It took a long time to research the platform we wanted to use and decided that Cozy was the best. I was hesitant about the transition from Cozy to Apartments.com and for good reason. It doesn't work. I can't upload documents and have wasted hours of my time (huge $$'s) trying to call and wait for a response ad resolution, nothing. Calling, waiting, nothing. I will be transitioning all my properties over to a new platform and advise you do research.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I've had a pleasure doing business with Cozy.co managing my rental properties for years till for some unknown reason they decided to merge or be purchased by this completely incompetent and brainless website called "Apartments.com". Their website had to be designed by some dumb college dropouts or complete **! Nothing works! Stay away!

Apartments.com Company Information