3.56/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 3, 2017

9 Apartments.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I was looking for an apartment as close to my college campus as possible within my price range. I was kind of on short notice since it was for the upcoming semester, so I was not successful in my search and decided to end up staying on campus for another semester. The tools on this website are pretty helpful though! The tools specifically for pricing and distance were really easy to use. The website design is also easy to navigate and not stressful even though the process itself is and certain features were difficult to find. I disliked the lack of selection and variety, but this could also be due to the specifications I wished for the apartments to meet. It was generally a pleasant and easy experience.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Apartments.com was ok. I was just browsing to get cost of living ideas. Had a decent amount of apartments and gave the basic information that I wanted. The rest of the information was extra and I did not really pay attention as it was not needed for my search criteria. It did provide that as I would have expected from such a site. If I needed more information it may have been different.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The website is efficient. I used Apartments.com when looking into buying an apartment for my family and I. I did a lot of research but figured out that buying an apartment at the location I was looking at, at the time, was not the best option for my family. I can tell that having a tool to research apartments specifically is very useful which was what I was interested on at the time. I remember that the website contained many important information about real estate.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I like that you got to view the places ahead of time, and see the condition of the apartments, and more info on the location. You also get to see the style of kitchen and fridge ahead of time and if they have hardwood floors. It gave information like pictures and prices, size of apartments and info on amenities like refrigerator, stove, pictures of bathroom, if they were pet friendly apartments and if they are looking for couples, or single people. I would like to know info like is there a window in every room and the downfalls of the apartments like next to actual trains passing right next the house and excessive noise or if there is major construction in the process nearby and parking. Also, would like to know more about the negatives, like owner doesn’t provide extermination services because these are deal breakers for me.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Very good overall. I was looking for an apartment for rent with a specific price point in mind, within a 25-mile radius. I was able to find many places that could have met my needs and I ended up finding my current apartment on the website. I like the variety of filters it gave as an option, it was very helpful for narrowing down my searches. I also liked that I could look online or on my phone and save past searches. However, I was specifically looking for places that included utilities and it either didn't provide that filter, or it was not very efficient at filtering this information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The website was useful but didn't find a apartment. They showed a lot of different nice apartments but none that were good for my family and me. Also I received called from people that wanted to help me find a apartment which was very nice. The only thing I didn't like about the website was too many options when it came to the prices and sometimes it was confusing to find certain things. Hopefully someday soon I'll find one that'll be perfect.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Apartments.com is Good, actually found an apartment to live in right out of college. I needed to live in a certain location and it helped me find what I was looking for. I was working in Ann Arbor and wanted to stay close to my current husband's work locations since he is self employed. The website lists everything needed to know, amenities, locations. I was able to search by location to find something in a nice area. Anyone that can use the internet should be able to find what they are looking for.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Good. Easy to navigate. Useful information that helped me navigate the specific area I wanted to be in and exactly what price everything was per month. They also helped me find contact information, and ratings from other residents.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The website was fine. We were able to apply and schedule showings. Mostly large complexes that keep the same ads in all the time but would like more smaller, independent units. It was easy to search specific locations and dollar amounts. I liked that. The information was fairly comprehensive but there wasn't much variety in types of units. It was okay and I was satisfied.

Apartments.com Company Information