Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.63/5

Apartments.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Apartments.com website will not let you write a bad review of an apartment complex. I have tried twice and it has been rejected. I even worked my review around other bad reviews on the site but it was regretted. I have lived at this complex for 15 years and since a new management company has taken over the apartments have gone down hill.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

This apartment complex market their homes as luxury apartments, and they are way far from being luxury. They have small and narrow units, not well designed, and there is no enough room for your belongings. You literally get half a kitchen which is no good for your cookware, and your dining ware. In the bed room you get two small closets; the size of the coat closet by your foyer which will never take all your clothes.

The plumbing here is a huge problem, they have lead pipes that need to be replaced and of course they are not going to do it. You go in to the shower and you see black stuff coming down into the water once you turn your shower head on. I reported this problem several times, and nothing has been done about it. I even contacted Prince William County about the water quality as I was so concerned about it, and nothing has been done. The management lied to me about it, and said that everything was normal. The building is infested with roaches and for more than six weeks I couldn't use my kitchen because of the treatment. It is a horrible place, senseless management who just cares about collecting money, but never spending money on maintenance and enhancing the quality of living for residents. Staff is unfriendly and can be really rude, even the manager himself has an attitude. Please try to avoid renting here, you will be trapped.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Apartments.com is receiving money from property companies, that in turn, influence the "star rating" of such properties. This is obvious when you take into account the amount of reviews and then calculate the average rating yourself.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I own an apartment building. We have over 150, 5 star reviews. Apartments.com shows old pictures not relevant whatsoever after our total overhaul of the building. The review posts are questionable reviews because they never seem to express what our hundreds of other tenants are saying. I called this company at which time they said I can pay them in order to take control of the challenge that they are in fact creating! Seems to me that type of behavior is blackmail. Basically, they will continue to show old, outdated, irrelevant, bad "legitimate" reviews unless I subscribe to their business. Not going to be a part of that. Yet they get top placement on Google searches?! Not pleased with this.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I lived in Grand Lowry Lofts for 5 years and with the change in ownership and management issues, I didn't feel safe and paid out my lease in order to move to a safer building. There were homeless people wandering around the inside of the building at all hours of the day and night because locked entrances were broken and tenants were told that "it isn't in the budget to do repairs". I tried to post a review on Apartments.com and was told that not all reviews were posted. I spoke with several other folks who moved or are still living at Grand Lowry Lofts in Denver Colorado and they had the same experience. Apartments.com is paid by owners to only post positive reviews many years old and dated. I think it is simply a way to get money from owners to line their pockets and not about helping people find a good safe apartment. I would advise people to use other websites with more integrity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My wife and I have recently moved into an apartment called Advenir on Addison on Addison Rd in Dallas Tx. We used Apartments.com to find the apartment, and we trusted the reviews and ratings they had. After we moved in, we found out that the review and rating Apartments.com gave Advenir were greatly exaggerated too and the apartment we moved into had a lot of issues, some of which the Advenir management refuses to fix.

I left a bad review for Advenir now four times on Apartments.com, and none of them show up on their site. I contacted Apartments.com and sent them what I was trying to post. They returned a message with suggestions, so I revised my review to reflect the changes they recommended, but it was still negative. The reviews still haven't been posted. I contacted Apartments.com again explaining to them that we moved into a dump based on their review. I told them that I felt they were hiding bad reviews on behalf of Advenir, and due to this action, my family and I are now living in an apartment that the management refuses to make repairs to. Use a site different than Apartments.com, and if you choose to use Apartments.com, don't trust their reviews. Check apartmentratings.com for reviews.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I am exhausted from the follow up and countless issues with Messina and management. Since April 2019 I can’t tell you how many emails calls and meeting I have had. Ac issues since the first week I moved in, weekends days no ac. My pets in a 90 plus degree apartment many times. They come to door no notice. Enter garage when clearly in writing not allowed access unless I’m present and had a email confirming the date. Incompetent management, not pet friendly, beach friendly. Nowhere to gain outside water access for your car. A bucket plant. Nothing. They are quick to threaten fees on you. This fee. That fee. If I could charge them a 25.00 fee for all their errors I would be well off.

I was not provided same forms as other tenants when asked for nor specials for move in as advertised. I have be treated so poorly. Feel violated. The asst manager and others I’m sure talks about the tenants to others and her roommate. It is a circus and although I never planned to move 4 times in 4 mos. I am out of here and yes they are the reason I moved 4 times, countless letdowns on move in date and now I must go as I cannot allow the do this to me anymore and upper management TIG Management and Portrait Construction Inc representatives.

I recommend you take a witness with you at all times when speaking with them if you do have issues. Never felt so violated and disrespected in a business transaction in my life. Admission of guilt but when the Portrait employee VP did not get the response he wanted from me his attitude changed and disrespected me in so many ways, wasted my time when I asked for that not to happen. Save your money and time. Do not recommend at all.

Original review: July 19, 2019

This website intentionally buried my somewhat negative review on my apartment complex's listing on a newly created 2nd page, leaving a "positive" review (which was written in the exact syntax all of the leasing agents speak in, curiously) at the top of the 1st page. This suspiciously written positive review is the only positive review (out of FIVE reviews) on my complex's listing. Yet they still refer to my complex as "five star." They also removed 20 to 25 negative reviews on a sister complex (owned and run by the same management company as my complex) overnight! I saw it happen. My daughter was thinking about moving there, saw the negative reviews and told me about them. The next day when I went to read them, they were all gone. Every single one of them! A little note was added: "Be the first to review this complex!" I can only suppose that if apartment owners pay Apartments.com enough, they call the shots on what is left on their sites.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I haven't followed up on any apartments listed on this website yet, so I can only speak from the search results I'm finding. I usually find very limited results, most of which are astronomically expensive. I was confused by not being able to find apartments for less than $1,400 monthly, so I tried a quick search on Zillow. Zillow produced more results that were in my price range, and more options in general. I would not recommend apartments.com for those of us who can't afford $1,800 for a one bedroom.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Every single time that I make a call to one of their agents, I end up being promised a call back which I never end up receiving. I have been left hanging over 5 times now. I have called them claiming my dissatisfaction, only to be met with the same level of unaccountability every single time.

Apartments.com Company Information