2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5

Apartments.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Buyer beware. This is not a reputable website. The company's (Apartments.com) only goal is to assist the owner in renting their units, and has no regard for potential tenants who want honest information that the rental companies themselves will not provide. In other words, only positive reviews are allowed, any negative will be deleted so you cannot trust what you are reading. I'd recommend Zillow which we are now using.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Renter beware. Save all your receipts and document any agreements! The landlord will lie and claim you owe past due debt at the end even if he never mention it before. At times he gives sticky notes or small pieces of paper as a receipt, so keep everything. He is unorganized and very forgetful. Maintenance- The landlord is the maintenance and attempts to fix issues cheaply. He uses quick fix solutions from Home Depot/Lowe's. Broken water heater wasn’t fixed until two weeks later. He forgot he gave us a discount on rent because of it and is now claiming we missed a payment. The balcony holds large pools of water. Pest- Put it all in writing and send it to him. Record how long it takes for action to be taken. Look along the floor perimeter for opening to have them sealed. This is how the pest travel through the apartment. Pest control comes once a month and sprays only the kitchen. Pests I've encountered below:

Mice
    Nutes
    Roaches
    Spiders

Sinapede

Amenities- What amenities?! Bath tub was painted white so each time you use it you’ll gave small sheets of plastic paint on you. The fridge leaks water, a towel must be kept under it. The toilet leaks water, a bowl must be kept under it. The bathroom sink leaks water, a bowl must be kept under it. Stove underside is filthy with built up food and grime on the surface. The air conditioner stopped working. Most likely because there is no filter in it. There's also openings where light shines through the wall near the air conditioner.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I've submitted several reviews of columns at Peachtree corners apt, Peachtree corners, GA 30092. My honest reviews are blocked every time. I moved here because they had decent reviews on their website. I will never use Apartments.com again. People depend on honest reviews from current & former residents when searching for somewhere to live. Safe, Clean, peaceful living is a necessity for some of us.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I gave my apartment an honest one-star but Apartments.com would not let me submit it. There's no way Providence of Northlake has a 5-star average. They run a halfway house, homeless women's program on the premises. You can tell who's in the program because they have placards in the window. The people throw stuff down from their porches on to the porches and grounds below. They scream at each other across the parking lot. They smoke weed. They sit on the porches and stare at you and your company when you go in and out. They are not allowed to live near the pool area or the leasing office. So if you rent there you will have a better existence. But don't rent near the back!

Additionally, the gate stays broken for weeks at a time. We have had to pay for "electric" in common spaces that we have not had access to use because of Covid. There is a recurring problem with roaches and gnats/fruit flies. The rent constantly increases. I started at 1017 and now pay over 1400. You have to pay water as part of your rent. So even when it is astronomical and you know it’s incorrect, you cannot dispute your water bill separately from your rent.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

They were great in beginning but my son lost his job with the coronavirus and they will not work with you in any way. They don’t hesitate to add more charges. I have tried to be as transparent as possible and very upfront and honest but they don’t care! They won’t give as much as an hour. It’s terrible! I’m disabled and in process of selling my medical equipment (wheelchair and walker) to be able to pay. All I can say is I hope their mothers are proud of how their children turned out.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

The only thing great about this place is the maintenance team, they're quick, they're friendly. They should be the ones running the office. The staff at the office are rude, and unsympathetic about things they should take responsibility for. Like finding out I have roaches in my apartment two months after moving in. This post is for those people who understand what real customer service is. You will not find that here at Mission Ranch Apartments in the office staff.

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2020

Now I am seeing my review on Glenwood Garden Apartment in Apartments.com. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I found the Glenwood Garden Apartments through Apartments.com. My review is getting erased more than once in Apartments.com. Initially, I thought it's technical issue but looks like intentionally it is getting erased after reading a few other reviews on ConsumerAffairs about Apartments.com on erasing reviews. My Review on Glenwood Garden Apartments: Great Property but be cautious to get email proof on Move-in Bonus!!! Presently we are living in Glendwood Garden Apartments for the past 6 months and we like this property and locality. Also, maintenance is good and the property manager is a nice person.

The only reason to give rating 3 is that we didn't get a move-in bonus 2k which was promised when we took an apartment tour but later denied by saying reason there is no email proof and our unit is not eligible for the move-in bonus. We visited 3 units and all 3 units were eligible for a bonus. Not sure, it was said by mistake but we are 100% sure as we asked a couple of times about the move-in bonus on the tour and that also one important factor on our decision to select Glenwood. Other than my experience with the move-in bonus, we are happy to stay at Glenwood Garden Apartments and would have given 4 stars. I recommend this apartment but please make sure you get email proof or written in lease agreement about a move-in bonus if it is mentioned during the apartment tour.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The most disgusting service received from bunch ** management members; The management are running this scam to rip off all residents by showing a clean demo, once the victim signs 14 documents, then the customer gets the rotten noisy unit that no one likes. The management has been so unhelpful, rude and extremely disgusting in how they have dealt with the entire situation. I am furious and disappointed.

Original review: July 1, 2020

On Apartments.com website I have reviewed Wesley St.Claire Apartments in Lawrenceville, GA which has been erased more than once. Why cannot people write honest reviews on Apartments.com? Are they getting paid for writing fake reviews and not allowing honest reviews?? Here is my review about Wesley St. Claire Apartments:

Roaches, roaches and roaches. This place is roach infested and our apartment had roaches everywhere. They would send pest control people but even after sprays roaches would return the very next day. There was mold issue in the bathroom maintenance never fixed it. We had to throw all the groceries and several personal items including furniture. (Because we didn't want to carry roach eggs with us). After moving office staff wants us to pay for utilities we didn't use and stove drip pans replacement costs ($35?) in spite of providing a brand new set.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I could not be more disappointed with Venterra. They are borderline **. The management crew here are like robots and give really vapid responses when you show dissatisfaction with their absurd rules and actions: "WE will take it into consideration" and "I couldn't tell you but I will find out" (then never respond with their "findings"); They took over in January, right at the beginning of the pandemic and unfortunately for us residents, are still using that as a crutch. Then they sent out some email that was very demeaning to us as rent paying adults -----"...

Finally, quiet hours will be observed in our community from 9pm to 9am every day. All common areas should be vacated during this time period, with no congregating or visiting permitted"---- RIDICULOUS to try to tell us when we can and cannot be visited or visit one another! They also stopped the pest control which is necessary (essential service) so we were unable to request pest control but we were still charged for that. I travel a lot and end up coming home and finding roaches almost every week!

The laundry room hours are pretty awful if you have a job, as they close it at 6 and then on Sundays is closed also. They changed that up without much notice so surprise! I walk down there at 7 30 which is about 30 minutes after I have arrived home on Saturday and find this notification tacked to the door. While other apartment complexes around us have already opened up the tenant amenities end of May, We were made to wait for our pool and gym to re-open after the 20th of June. Not only did they open it way late, but they gave us crappy hours so basically if you want to use the gym, or swim a lap or 2 in the pool after your 9-5 job, you are SOL like me because they close it at 6! (and one property they run in Alpharetta has a pool open until 10, so why not same here?) Aside from this, they are terrible at communicating and they shoot first then ask questions later, or in this instance, email of a week later to tell us what is about to take place!

I remember I was out of the country when they decided to email that in 2 days they would have tree work started along the front of certain building and that any vehicles not moved by the night before would be towed at our expense! I was OUT OF THE COUNTRY and my keys were in my possession while the spare was at my place, and the time difference was such that I basically read the email the night prior to this taking place. So my auto was going to be towed within hours and I had no recourse. Thankfully, I had a mate in Atlanta who used to work for a AAA and he jimmied my door open and basically waited until a spot cleared across so he and another mate could push my auto to another spot! This was super stressful while on work trip.

Many of the residents here are talking about all this, and they are not happy. Neither am I and neither will you be. There are tons more issues that I find not necessary to enumerate in this already long review. Don't rent from VENTERRA. This place is just a great loft building managed very poorly. I have breached my lease and will take my hard earned money to a complex where reviews show the residents are happy and treated with respect, not like little kids

Apartments.com Company Information