Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.8/5 (259 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Apartments.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Apartments.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I've used before, was very happy, very detailed. Has lots of areas to view, has prices. Has photos, shows surrounding grounds, has shopping locations, schools locations. Tells you about each rooms, has size. I like the fact you can actually see inside.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2021

Update: the company rep contacted me about this issue. He assured me there was no data breach of any kind. He did try and convince me to not be worried about my information. He was very pleasant and understanding. They did get the scammer and his multiple listings that he had listed. The listing were taken down. I am just ok with the information part not being breached and very happy that they got the scammer!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Apartments.com site does not comply with safe or good business practice. My wife and I were looking for a home to rent and we were contacted by an individual who claimed to be an owner of a house. Well that wasn't the exact truth. He was a scammer. I notified apartments.com and they sent me an email, yes he's a scammer and we deleted that ad. I've requested a phone call to find out how deep his collection of info was. I've gotten NO response from them. This is a security breach and potential identity theft. They don't care less is what I'm taking away from this by their failure to call and communicate with us for resolution of this issue. I would not register with this site! There is very lax security protocols being used by this company! Also my wife's phone is being blown up by spam calls since this has occurred!! Beware!! It's all bad with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Their search features can be confusing and it seems to always connect me with places that are not pet friendly, or have high move-in costs. The places I have looked at through Apartments.com, have been nice, but the system seems to not pay attention to shopper's needs.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

My wife and I have lived here for 2 years and are very happy here. Maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner and the maintenance staff here is pretty darn good. Hats off to Chris who did an awesome job on our bathroom. Thank you Chris. The office staff is always polite and courteous and attentive to our needs. Rents are affordable and the property is, for the most part kept clean. We believe in being clean courteous neighbors and hope all neighbors share the same sentiment...

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Searching for apartments is exhausting enough. My work schedule is hectic during the week and the only time I have is on the weekends to see apartments in person. Of course, the apartments advertised are way smaller when you see them in person, which is why I tour them before paying ridiculous amounts of money for a hole in the wall... anyways. The complexes needs to advertise their standard AND renovated apartments along with separate pricing lists for each layout. I am so fed up with the big bright beautiful apartments that they advertise at affordable prices. I schedule appointments only to get there, and they tell me it’s ONLY the renovated unit. Which are rented out at close to max rent amount for the layout. THEN, they tell you.. If you want the prices advertised online, we can show you those units... which is a rundown hole in the wall and not actually worth the prices at all.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I have tried to post 5 of my properties which have been up for rent at one time or another. I can use Zillow, CraigsList and a few other sites with no issues. Apartments.com refuses to post my rentals, and when trying to contact them, I just get passed around and no one can give me a good reason who they will not post the rental. I'd never recommend them. They get the fee from you, and then they do not care. You're better off with Zillow.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Turns out apartments.com only cares about apartment complexes and posts good reviews only which makes the place have undeserved good rating. I've just submitted a review and it was deleted with no explanation.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Buyer beware. This is not a reputable website. The company's (Apartments.com) only goal is to assist the owner in renting their units, and has no regard for potential tenants who want honest information that the rental companies themselves will not provide. In other words, only positive reviews are allowed, any negative will be deleted so you cannot trust what you are reading. I'd recommend Zillow which we are now using.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Renter beware. Save all your receipts and document any agreements! The landlord will lie and claim you owe past due debt at the end even if he never mention it before. At times he gives sticky notes or small pieces of paper as a receipt, so keep everything. He is unorganized and very forgetful. Maintenance- The landlord is the maintenance and attempts to fix issues cheaply. He uses quick fix solutions from Home Depot/Lowe's. Broken water heater wasn’t fixed until two weeks later. He forgot he gave us a discount on rent because of it and is now claiming we missed a payment. The balcony holds large pools of water. Pest- Put it all in writing and send it to him. Record how long it takes for action to be taken. Look along the floor perimeter for opening to have them sealed. This is how the pest travel through the apartment. Pest control comes once a month and sprays only the kitchen. Pests I've encountered below:

Mice
Nutes
Roaches
Spiders

Sinapede

Amenities- What amenities?! Bath tub was painted white so each time you use it you’ll gave small sheets of plastic paint on you. The fridge leaks water, a towel must be kept under it. The toilet leaks water, a bowl must be kept under it. The bathroom sink leaks water, a bowl must be kept under it. Stove underside is filthy with built up food and grime on the surface. The air conditioner stopped working. Most likely because there is no filter in it. There's also openings where light shines through the wall near the air conditioner.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I've submitted several reviews of columns at Peachtree corners apt, Peachtree corners, GA 30092. My honest reviews are blocked every time. I moved here because they had decent reviews on their website. I will never use Apartments.com again. People depend on honest reviews from current & former residents when searching for somewhere to live. Safe, Clean, peaceful living is a necessity for some of us.

Apartments.com Company Information