3.9/5 (264 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Apartments.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Apartments.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apartments.com?

Original review: March 6, 2021

When you look for an apartment you would expect that in the days we have been facing that you would be able to live peacefully. NO, thanks to deceptive reviews and advertisement posted in Apartments.Com man are deceived into renting an apartment only a month later to chased out by the residents as well as management doing nothing about the issues. Someone on the upper level thinks it is funny and has the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to disturb other people.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I wholeheartedly love the site because it put me at ease, all while, in the comfort of my home. The thoroughness of how everything is laid out is phenomenal. Knowing that I can go to the actual site with a clear plan in mind helps out a lot.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I've used before, was very happy, very detailed. Has lots of areas to view, has prices. Has photos, shows surrounding grounds, has shopping locations, schools locations. Tells you about each rooms, has size. I like the fact you can actually see inside.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2021

Update: the company rep contacted me about this issue. He assured me there was no data breach of any kind. He did try and convince me to not be worried about my information. He was very pleasant and understanding. They did get the scammer and his multiple listings that he had listed. The listing were taken down. I am just ok with the information part not being breached and very happy that they got the scammer!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Apartments.com site does not comply with safe or good business practice. My wife and I were looking for a home to rent and we were contacted by an individual who claimed to be an owner of a house. Well that wasn't the exact truth. He was a scammer. I notified apartments.com and they sent me an email, yes he's a scammer and we deleted that ad. I've requested a phone call to find out how deep his collection of info was. I've gotten NO response from them. This is a security breach and potential identity theft. They don't care less is what I'm taking away from this by their failure to call and communicate with us for resolution of this issue. I would not register with this site! There is very lax security protocols being used by this company! Also my wife's phone is being blown up by spam calls since this has occurred!! Beware!! It's all bad with this company!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Their search features can be confusing and it seems to always connect me with places that are not pet friendly, or have high move-in costs. The places I have looked at through Apartments.com, have been nice, but the system seems to not pay attention to shopper's needs.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

My wife and I have lived here for 2 years and are very happy here. Maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner and the maintenance staff here is pretty darn good. Hats off to Chris who did an awesome job on our bathroom. Thank you Chris. The office staff is always polite and courteous and attentive to our needs. Rents are affordable and the property is, for the most part kept clean. We believe in being clean courteous neighbors and hope all neighbors share the same sentiment...

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Searching for apartments is exhausting enough. My work schedule is hectic during the week and the only time I have is on the weekends to see apartments in person. Of course, the apartments advertised are way smaller when you see them in person, which is why I tour them before paying ridiculous amounts of money for a hole in the wall... anyways. The complexes needs to advertise their standard AND renovated apartments along with separate pricing lists for each layout. I am so fed up with the big bright beautiful apartments that they advertise at affordable prices. I schedule appointments only to get there, and they tell me it’s ONLY the renovated unit. Which are rented out at close to max rent amount for the layout. THEN, they tell you.. If you want the prices advertised online, we can show you those units... which is a rundown hole in the wall and not actually worth the prices at all.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I have tried to post 5 of my properties which have been up for rent at one time or another. I can use Zillow, CraigsList and a few other sites with no issues. Apartments.com refuses to post my rentals, and when trying to contact them, I just get passed around and no one can give me a good reason who they will not post the rental. I'd never recommend them. They get the fee from you, and then they do not care. You're better off with Zillow.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Turns out apartments.com only cares about apartment complexes and posts good reviews only which makes the place have undeserved good rating. I've just submitted a review and it was deleted with no explanation.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Buyer beware. This is not a reputable website. The company's (Apartments.com) only goal is to assist the owner in renting their units, and has no regard for potential tenants who want honest information that the rental companies themselves will not provide. In other words, only positive reviews are allowed, any negative will be deleted so you cannot trust what you are reading. I'd recommend Zillow which we are now using.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Renter beware. Save all your receipts and document any agreements! The landlord will lie and claim you owe past due debt at the end even if he never mention it before. At times he gives sticky notes or small pieces of paper as a receipt, so keep everything. He is unorganized and very forgetful. Maintenance- The landlord is the maintenance and attempts to fix issues cheaply. He uses quick fix solutions from Home Depot/Lowe's. Broken water heater wasn’t fixed until two weeks later. He forgot he gave us a discount on rent because of it and is now claiming we missed a payment. The balcony holds large pools of water. Pest- Put it all in writing and send it to him. Record how long it takes for action to be taken. Look along the floor perimeter for opening to have them sealed. This is how the pest travel through the apartment. Pest control comes once a month and sprays only the kitchen. Pests I've encountered below:

Mice
Nutes
Roaches
Spiders

Sinapede

Amenities- What amenities?! Bath tub was painted white so each time you use it you’ll gave small sheets of plastic paint on you. The fridge leaks water, a towel must be kept under it. The toilet leaks water, a bowl must be kept under it. The bathroom sink leaks water, a bowl must be kept under it. Stove underside is filthy with built up food and grime on the surface. The air conditioner stopped working. Most likely because there is no filter in it. There's also openings where light shines through the wall near the air conditioner.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I've submitted several reviews of columns at Peachtree corners apt, Peachtree corners, GA 30092. My honest reviews are blocked every time. I moved here because they had decent reviews on their website. I will never use Apartments.com again. People depend on honest reviews from current & former residents when searching for somewhere to live. Safe, Clean, peaceful living is a necessity for some of us.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I gave my apartment an honest one-star but Apartments.com would not let me submit it. There's no way Providence of Northlake has a 5-star average. They run a halfway house, homeless women's program on the premises. You can tell who's in the program because they have placards in the window. The people throw stuff down from their porches on to the porches and grounds below. They scream at each other across the parking lot. They smoke weed. They sit on the porches and stare at you and your company when you go in and out. They are not allowed to live near the pool area or the leasing office. So if you rent there you will have a better existence. But don't rent near the back!

Additionally, the gate stays broken for weeks at a time. We have had to pay for "electric" in common spaces that we have not had access to use because of Covid. There is a recurring problem with roaches and gnats/fruit flies. The rent constantly increases. I started at 1017 and now pay over 1400. You have to pay water as part of your rent. So even when it is astronomical and you know it’s incorrect, you cannot dispute your water bill separately from your rent.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

They were great in beginning but my son lost his job with the coronavirus and they will not work with you in any way. They don’t hesitate to add more charges. I have tried to be as transparent as possible and very upfront and honest but they don’t care! They won’t give as much as an hour. It’s terrible! I’m disabled and in process of selling my medical equipment (wheelchair and walker) to be able to pay. All I can say is I hope their mothers are proud of how their children turned out.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

The only thing great about this place is the maintenance team, they're quick, they're friendly. They should be the ones running the office. The staff at the office are rude, and unsympathetic about things they should take responsibility for. Like finding out I have roaches in my apartment two months after moving in. This post is for those people who understand what real customer service is. You will not find that here at Mission Ranch Apartments in the office staff.

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2020

Now I am seeing my review on Glenwood Garden Apartment in Apartments.com. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I found the Glenwood Garden Apartments through Apartments.com. My review is getting erased more than once in Apartments.com. Initially, I thought it's technical issue but looks like intentionally it is getting erased after reading a few other reviews on ConsumerAffairs about Apartments.com on erasing reviews. My Review on Glenwood Garden Apartments: Great Property but be cautious to get email proof on Move-in Bonus!!! Presently we are living in Glendwood Garden Apartments for the past 6 months and we like this property and locality. Also, maintenance is good and the property manager is a nice person.

The only reason to give rating 3 is that we didn't get a move-in bonus 2k which was promised when we took an apartment tour but later denied by saying reason there is no email proof and our unit is not eligible for the move-in bonus. We visited 3 units and all 3 units were eligible for a bonus. Not sure, it was said by mistake but we are 100% sure as we asked a couple of times about the move-in bonus on the tour and that also one important factor on our decision to select Glenwood. Other than my experience with the move-in bonus, we are happy to stay at Glenwood Garden Apartments and would have given 4 stars. I recommend this apartment but please make sure you get email proof or written in lease agreement about a move-in bonus if it is mentioned during the apartment tour.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The most disgusting service received from bunch ** management members; The management are running this scam to rip off all residents by showing a clean demo, once the victim signs 14 documents, then the customer gets the rotten noisy unit that no one likes. The management has been so unhelpful, rude and extremely disgusting in how they have dealt with the entire situation. I am furious and disappointed.

Original review: July 1, 2020

On Apartments.com website I have reviewed Wesley St.Claire Apartments in Lawrenceville, GA which has been erased more than once. Why cannot people write honest reviews on Apartments.com? Are they getting paid for writing fake reviews and not allowing honest reviews?? Here is my review about Wesley St. Claire Apartments:

Roaches, roaches and roaches. This place is roach infested and our apartment had roaches everywhere. They would send pest control people but even after sprays roaches would return the very next day. There was mold issue in the bathroom maintenance never fixed it. We had to throw all the groceries and several personal items including furniture. (Because we didn't want to carry roach eggs with us). After moving office staff wants us to pay for utilities we didn't use and stove drip pans replacement costs ($35?) in spite of providing a brand new set.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I could not be more disappointed with Venterra. They are borderline **. The management crew here are like robots and give really vapid responses when you show dissatisfaction with their absurd rules and actions: "WE will take it into consideration" and "I couldn't tell you but I will find out" (then never respond with their "findings"); They took over in January, right at the beginning of the pandemic and unfortunately for us residents, are still using that as a crutch. Then they sent out some email that was very demeaning to us as rent paying adults -----"...

Finally, quiet hours will be observed in our community from 9pm to 9am every day. All common areas should be vacated during this time period, with no congregating or visiting permitted"---- RIDICULOUS to try to tell us when we can and cannot be visited or visit one another! They also stopped the pest control which is necessary (essential service) so we were unable to request pest control but we were still charged for that. I travel a lot and end up coming home and finding roaches almost every week!

The laundry room hours are pretty awful if you have a job, as they close it at 6 and then on Sundays is closed also. They changed that up without much notice so surprise! I walk down there at 7 30 which is about 30 minutes after I have arrived home on Saturday and find this notification tacked to the door. While other apartment complexes around us have already opened up the tenant amenities end of May, We were made to wait for our pool and gym to re-open after the 20th of June. Not only did they open it way late, but they gave us crappy hours so basically if you want to use the gym, or swim a lap or 2 in the pool after your 9-5 job, you are SOL like me because they close it at 6! (and one property they run in Alpharetta has a pool open until 10, so why not same here?) Aside from this, they are terrible at communicating and they shoot first then ask questions later, or in this instance, email of a week later to tell us what is about to take place!

I remember I was out of the country when they decided to email that in 2 days they would have tree work started along the front of certain building and that any vehicles not moved by the night before would be towed at our expense! I was OUT OF THE COUNTRY and my keys were in my possession while the spare was at my place, and the time difference was such that I basically read the email the night prior to this taking place. So my auto was going to be towed within hours and I had no recourse. Thankfully, I had a mate in Atlanta who used to work for a AAA and he jimmied my door open and basically waited until a spot cleared across so he and another mate could push my auto to another spot! This was super stressful while on work trip.

Many of the residents here are talking about all this, and they are not happy. Neither am I and neither will you be. There are tons more issues that I find not necessary to enumerate in this already long review. Don't rent from VENTERRA. This place is just a great loft building managed very poorly. I have breached my lease and will take my hard earned money to a complex where reviews show the residents are happy and treated with respect, not like little kids

Original review: June 17, 2020

The staff and new manager are horrible! They are more worried about small incidents that cause no harm while people are being shot and cars set on fire! They discriminate against people of color and sexual orientation! The new manager is rude and disrespectful to everyone thinking she is better than everyone else. Rarely does she come out of her office unless to yell at someone. Yet if you tell her you don't feel safe all she says is they are looking into it yet 6 months later and more violence and property damage nothing has been done at all! No one feels safe in their own apartment and they do nothing about the law being broke but threaten to kick out residents who do nothing wrong!

Original review: May 15, 2020

My review re 12000 Edgewater Drive Lakewood OH keeps getting deleted. I relied on Apartments.com when I searched for this apartment and will thus consider Apartments.com liable for a portion of the damages if it is substantiated that you routinely delete negative reviews in collusion with the apartment management companies. 12000 Edgewater Drive Lakewood OH: Management engages in fraud. I terminated a lease 7 months early with management's written agreement I would pay a 2 month penalty. I relied on this assurance to vacate the apartment. They subsequently charged me for the entire 7 months after the fact and refused to respond to all inquiries.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Apartments.com has listings in "Rent Controlled" cities like Oakland - and lists the address... So scammer can go to apt.com and steal the listing - then re-post on Craigslist - at a greatly reduced rent - like less than 50% - which has happened to me. Then some naive persons who imagined they can get a beautiful apt in the most favored area of Oakland for $900/mo - when one cannot even rent a room for that amount. Some scammed people came here - went through the security and up and down the 3 stories - putting their faces against the windows and banging on the doors - totally terrifying my tenants!

Apt.com puts the address on the listing - and then sends frequently - daily emails - pressing owners like me to do "all" screening and completing of Rent Agreement online... No one in a "rent controlled" city would do this. Oakland has areas so bad - that I call "kill zones" - where owners are desperate to rent - and will do anything to rent.... I tried to give this feedback to Apt.com and the risk to which I and my tenants and my property were put into.. And they just "blew me off" and told me I could remove my listing - but the woman - on the recorded line - Sean ** at 11:45 a.m. EST on April 7 - refused to transfer me to a "decision maker" who could evaluate my feedback - and she refused to accept the link to the offending listing on CL - to help evaluated the risk.

Apt.com can do what they do and still hide the actual address of the listing - in the first run - until there is a "conversation" bank and forth - with the prospect.... But the supposed customer service rep - all recorded - refused to get me to a decision maker to relay the feedback - and just tried to get me to delete my listing. I finally hung up - after nearly an hour go around - being hung up on and having to call back and go through hanging on hold again and again. When she said that she would have such a decision maker call immediately - but no such person has called and it has been over 45 min because Apt.com - cares more for making money than for the security of their clients in rent controlled cities. I am going to copy this complaint and mail to the Chief Exec Officer of Apartments.com - because I do not believe that my feedback was passed on to any decision maker. I was just turned away.

Original review: March 19, 2020

My sons recently put a deposit down on an apartment in Greensburg Pennsylvania, with a company called Toll House Apartments, in anticipation of renting their first apartment. It's located at 124 Toll House Road Greensburg, Pennsylvania 15601. Unfortunately, because of the National Disaster Emergency, the college they worked for closed down, and they now find themselves unemployed. They are unable to move in as planned next month.

When we went to address Tracy, one of the office staff, about our concerns of getting the security deposit back, she was beyond rude, to the point where she said, "we don't have a corporate office." She refused to return the deposit, stating it is "company policy" that they don't do that. Personally, I find this despicable, and it's not the right thing to do, especially right now in this country's time of great need. We need to stick together and help each other, not turn people away with ignorance and greed. I just wanted to put this out on social media to allow people to know what kind of company they are dealing with before somebody else is robbed of vital resources that should be returned.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Five stars is not enough to show how happy I am with Camden Old Creek, especially in regards to the Leasing Consultant Jose. I originally was interested in Camden because they have many locations where I am from in Texas, but that is not why I ultimately chose to live here. The staff made me feel at home, even though I am on the other side of the country! Amy has always been a great help and you'll be in great hands if you work with her, but the spotlight this time needs to be shined on Jose.

I am writing this review because my husband and I have lived here for over a year, and now has come the time to renew. We were curious about other floor plans and originally only asked to tour one unit, but ended up having Jose show us not one, not two, but three different units! I am a very picky person and Jose was so patient as he listened to all my needs and wants. If you are looking for a place to call home that will treat you like family, look no further! Camden Old Creek is calling! Also don't forget to ask for Jose!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Not sure why my reviews for Apartment.com has been erased. However I was leaving a honest review of the apartments I am currently staying in. Friendship crossing apartments Washington DC SW. These apartments are trash, slum landlords. I have been dealing with pest infestation- spiders, cockroaches, roaches, grasshoppers etc. Mold the humidity is under 10 makes it difficult to breath. I been reporting issues since moving into this unit. They always come unnoticed. No notice at all. Caught them in the act today and informed them they are being recorded. They hire cheap people to come in and cover up issues instead of getting this fix. I have been to court and because they have money they can get the courts to throw out issues. Beware. Make sure any low reviews you see about this apartment listen and think carefully because I’ve made a mistake.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

As a Real Estate Broker, the most important aspect of trying to list and rent an apartment for an owner or property management company, is TIME. Unfortunately, apartments.com is one of the worst sites I've ever attempted to use. Every single listing is flagged as Invalid Address, even when I know an address is accurate because I've worked with the owner over 10 years. Zillow, Trulia and Hotpads are frankly, SUPERIOR in user experience. I have to imagine other Brokers go through the same issue. In one instance, I spent 2 days trying to put up a listing; address invalid and then the "captcha" failed to allow a check mark to be put in on another listing that didn't have the "invalid address" issue.

Customer service is always friendly and easily accessed by phone, but the tools to solve the problem, are all but non-existent and I don't blame those answering the phone, I blame the company who it appears, do not really have offer their customer service agents, a resolution. Point in case, they verified the address was accurate, but had no way to override their own system - end result, NO RESOLUTION just out of luck trying to get that business done on their site. BROKERS BEWARE and renters should know you are "missing" half the market because these issues are RAMPANT on the part of most Brokers' trying to list.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The Lanai is a very nice quiet little complex that is conveniently located right off Veterans Blvd. It is clean, safe and well maintained. It has a nice pool area and it is just a 1/2 block from the Mardi Gras and St Patrick Day Parades. I would certainly recommend this location as a great place to live.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Slumlord/Stonelock Properties. The landlord is a slumlord. The apartments have leaks in the ceilings that don't get fix. They have mice that the slumlord does not have exterminators come in to spray the apartment. We have no heat. In March there was no heat or hot water for 5 days.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have lived here for 8 months. In that time I have experienced two separate occasions in the summer when I had no electricity in the building for more than 24 hours. I had one occasion when I did not have water for up to a week. Since I moved in they have reduced the cleaning staff so that dog feces stayed on the floor of the penthouse hallway for a week even after I notified the front desk and leasing office through maintenance requests. Since I moved in they have turned 30 apartments into hotel rooms they rent through Sonders for less than 100 a night which has brought undesirable people into the building. To top it off I had coach roaches falling from the ceiling on thanksgiving day onto my dinner table due to a hole in the roof.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Apartments.com website will not let you write a bad review of an apartment complex. I have tried twice and it has been rejected. I even worked my review around other bad reviews on the site but it was regretted. I have lived at this complex for 15 years and since a new management company has taken over the apartments have gone down hill.

Apartments.com Company Information