Andersen Windows

Compare Window & Door Companies

Research top Window & Door Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Problems with 200 Series Narrowline Andersen Gliding Door - I am a general contractor who's been in the business for nearly 30 years. This review is in reference to a kitchen remodel that was completed in August 2017. I made the suggestion to remove a 25 yr. old 5' French door and small bay window and replace both with a 3 panel, 12' sliding glass door. Other windows in the house were 20 year old Andersen Windows with the customer having no complaint issues with them. The door was purchased ($6,800) through a local lumber yard. It came delivered within 3 weeks of ordering. So far so good...

I assumed it would be a 3 panel unit with a continuous 12' sill and header (like Pella's) but it was 2 units. One being a standard 2 panel 8' slider. The other was a 4' fixed unit. The 2 units needed to be "mold" together with screws and silicone. Oh speaking of silicone (see pics) horrible sealant job! I can see sill/header leak problems eventually occurring at the joint where the 2 units meet. Interior trim issues were numerous. Gaps at joints, wood strips miscut, no pre-drilled holes for hardware or foot lock, and finally the retractable screen.

I've never seen so many parts and non-informative installation instructions. To adjust the tension on the screen, you need to physically remove the entire screen housing! What a flimsy, expensive excuse for a screen. I contacted Andersen for service on the retractable screen, the service guy said I should give it a good coat of WD-40 and that would fix the screen from gaping when opened or closed. I have a one word suggestion for all of you homeowners out there P E L L A !

The sales person (Doug) measured 3 rooms, only 2 rooms were done. I ordered 4 windows only, 3 were ordered due to financing. Amount financed would have been $3,929. Douglas **. One room not done still cost me $4,911. After inquiring about the other room and window I was told it would cost me over a $1000.00.

I purchased 17 replacement windows for my home in February 2006 and spent over $21,000. It has been 11 years and the weather stripping on 3 of the south facing windows is falling off. They said they have had problems with that but won't cover it under warranty because the warranty is only 10 years. Also 5 or 6 of the window cranks are completely stripped and won't open or close.

I purchased these because I thought they were the best out there. When I went to their store in Roseville, MN they put me on the phone with one of their service managers. After I threatened to call the Attorney General he agreed to give me the weather stripping and window cranks but I have to install them myself. The lady at the front counter was rude and arrogant and smelled like she had been smoking cigarettes all day. I would not recommend these windows or this company to anyone and will tell all of my neighbors and 1000 plus Facebook friends not to buy their windows.

We ordered Andersen Windows for our new house on July 14. We were told they would be delivered by August 14. We are now being told that our order was not processed correctly in their system and our windows will not be delivered until September 11. This is holding back our entire building process as we cannot get electricity/HVAC etc. into the house until it is weatherproof. Our plywood is getting soaked every time it rains and we are also going to be paying more since our framers will have to return in four weeks with all their equipment to install the windows. Andersen admitted to the mistake but is doing nothing to expedite our order. It is beyond frustrating.

Oh boy... wish I had read the previous reviews prior to getting involved with Renewal by Andersen!!! I have been very interested in purchasing new replacement windows for my home for a very long time. My home was rebuilt in 2000 because my home of 35 yrs. was destroyed in the May 3, 1999 F5 tornado. The builder installed vinyl windows throughout my home. 3 to 4 yrs. ago all of the windows began failing. They are double paned windows and all of the seals began breaking and allowing condensation to form inside the windows. You cannot get to this area to clean it.

Additionally, about half of the windows are forming mold on the inside of the glass. I've been seeing the Fibrex windows advertised and was very interested in what the commercials had to say about them. I received a flyer in the mail from Renewal by Andersen advertising a huge sale, so decided to have them come out to obtain more information. The "so-called MANAGER" that came out, in my opinion, is a TOP-NOTCH SHYSTER!!! Lots of fast double-talk. HE did not sell me on the windows as I was already sold on them.

Now for the issue we are having: He met with me and my husband and informed us that the cost for the windows would be $25,266.00 (yikes). He stated, and I quote, "you are so lucky that I am the one that came to your home because I am a manager and I can offer you a deal that nobody else can offer you"... (He made that statement twice.) He emphatically stated that they would take care of the financing themselves and he offered us a 10 year loan at 1.8%. Our payments were to be $270/month at a fixed rate. So, unfortunately, we jumped on that and signed paperwork.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: We received the loan information from "their" bank on 8/24 (deadline to cancel the agreement was only 3 days after signing the agreement, which would have been on 8/23 - how convenient for them!). The bank information states that the windows are indeed $25,266 but... the interest on the loan is not the 1.8% this so-called manager stated but rather 6.99%!!! So this brings the total cost of the windows to a great big whopping $37,665.37!!!

I almost fainted when I read that!!! My husband attempted to call this so-called manager. Line was busy. Husband called back, got an answering machine. Husband left a message for a return call to us. Never got it. Husband called the bank/finance company and got nowhere. They needed an "account number" to look up the information, but there is no account number on any of our paperwork. Husband called the office of Renewal by Andersen, and the "manager" was not in. Nor did they know when to expect him. Husband told the man on the phone what the problem was, and the man on the other end of the phone stated "there's no way we could offer a 1.8% interest rate!!!"

So, bright and early this coming Monday morning (this is Saturday night) my husband and I are going to personally drive to this Renewal by Andersen office to try and get this mess straightened out. Luckily we have not signed anything that shows this 6.99% interest rate. AND... after reading the reviews about this company, I just want out of this mess.

My husband and I are both retired and we also both have part-time jobs to help make ends meet. There is no way we would have signed up for this type of cost to us. The interest rate alone is a total of $12,399.37!!! One would have to be a fool to agree to something this outrageous!!! I will follow up with another review after we meet with them on Monday morning. At this point in time, my advice to anyone reading these reviews is to RUN, DON'T. WALK FROM ANDERSEN AS fast as you can!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

We paid for window replacements in December, 2016 and had our windows replaced in January. The windows seemed good enough but not a single window screen fit the new windows. The installers noted this and took the window screens back with them in January. Thus began a tale of incompetence which is hard to believe. On three occasions, representatives from the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania branch came out to "measure" the windows. After the first visit, we waited an intolerable 6 - 8 weeks for the modified screens to be delivered. Incredibly, not one screen fit when the representative came out to install them and one questions whether they did anything to rebuild the screens! Before he left the technician supposedly "measured" the windows and again took them back to the company.

After waiting another 6 - 8 weeks another installer came out with the "rebuilt" screens and remarkably not one screen fit. This installer seemingly took accurate measurements and again requested that the screens be modified for the new measurements. The screens were to be delivered some 6 weeks later only they were incredibly "left off" the delivery truck thus delaying delivery by another period of weeks. For an organization of this size, it is unheard of that such incompetence should exist. I would never recommend Renewal By Andersen to any acquaintance of mine and their policy of handling all problems from installation to service is completely fallacious.

Out of 5 1.0 out of 5. My Frenchwood slider door panels delaminated at the bottom like everyone else. The best they could do is give me 50% off and I could get them cheaper somewhere else. I'm a contractor and won't ever use a Andersen product ever again. I can't understand, they know about this problem and haven't fixed the problem yet!!!!

We had a poor experience with Renewal by Andersen - actually, we continue to deal with it since their project is not yet complete, even after one month since install. Overall, the casement windows from the inside out look good, though they have to return for minor cosmetic touch ups, which they have agreed to do but with no date agreed upon yet. Our real problem is with the outside appearance. The install team removed the existing J-track but did not replace. This left an unsightly dark stain around the top of the window. The Renewal by Andersen team have come out 3 times to verify our concerns but each time they leave after stating that J-track was not part of the install. If it was, we should have asked. Though we never heard of a J-track until after the project.

Since Renewal by Andersen is not backing their project, we will have to hire a local contractor to complete the project. Amazing that we invested significant $s because we trusted the Renewal by Andersen experience only to be stiffed in the end and forced to go out and seek another contractor to finish the project. Recommend that you don't use Renewal by Andersen. You are better off going to Home Depot and purchasing similar quality windows and hiring a local contractor that stands by his/her work.

A casement bezel part of a lock needed replacement. I ordered the part. I was sent a plastic part instead of one like the original metal. I have had very good experience with Andersen Windows in the past. If this is the current Andersen product, I shall rethink buying their products.

Replacement Window Runaround: We purchased an Andersen 3000 series Universal Self-storing Aluminum Storm Door. While cutting grass a rock flew up & broke the stationary window in our storm door. I called Andersen Window & Storm doors on July 7, 2017 at 2:45 pm EST to order a replacement window. The agent was nice & placed my order. He stated it would take 10 business days to receive product. As of July 22nd, I haven't received my replacement. I then contacted Andersen in order to get tracking number. They tracked it for me & informed me that the window has a damage report on it as of July 13th as it arrived in Greensboro, NC. I contacted UPS & he stated an email was sent to Andersen Claims Dept on July 13th. I called Andersen back & they claim they never received it.

Mind you, both companies had our phone number. Neither one bothered to inform us or even send a replacement window for the replacement. I'm pissed... I then was informed by Andersen that they couldn't send window until Monday, 22nd & we may or may not receive it by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Again, mind you that will be 20 days waiting on this replacement, replacements window that cost me over $80... what customer service, right? I pretty much done their work!!! Corporate office call or should I say COMPLAINT will be placed Monday MORNING!!! THANKS ANDERSEN OR I SHOULD SAY NO THANKS ANDERSEN!!!

We purchased our home in 2013 in the foothills of Colorado. The home was built in 1981 with probably one of the only Andersen windows available at the time, a vinyl clad window. Interesting to us is the fact that many of the homes back in Ohio had these very same windows and doors. The back of the house faces south so the southern windows have taken a beating at 7500 feet (wide temperature swings, variable weather from day to day, lots of sunshine)! All of the windows (fixed pane, casement and awning) worked just fine and the vinyl has held up reasonably well. In spite of this we decided we would price replacement windows for the entire home.

We had a Marvin rep. provide us with an onsite estimate for the top of the line extruded aluminum clad window and then we looked at the newer Andersen E-Series (Andersen purchased Eagle). We were very impressed with both but decided we could postpone the expense. Shortly after we moved in, a crank broke on one of the awning windows and Andersen's customer service was amazing in helping us to find a replacement part on a 36 year old window! We fixed the window easily with the replacement part. Unfortunately, an epic golf ball size hail storm hit us on May 8, 2017. Several windows broke and the vinyl cladding on many windows was shattered. Our insurance will cover replacement of a like-type window for the damaged windows. We plan to upgrade to aluminum clad and are now back to thinking about Andersen E-Series.

Someone also recommended that we look at Kolbe windows. We may also take another look at the Marvin aluminum clad windows. We are struggling with the fact that these Andersen's have lasted 36 years and their customer service has been tremendous!!! All of my comments about Andersen Windows pertain to Andersen Co. NOT Renewal By Andersen which is a separate company. Renewal By Andersen is a company that reminds me of ambulance chasers and from everything I have read the quality isn't the same as my windows. I am having a hard time finding reviews online for the Andersen E-Series windows although some locals highly recommend them. Others in my community are very happy with their Marvin windows. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I built a new house with about 40 windows and doors all Andersen. Most had seal failure within ten years the terratone vinyl frames. Cracked the sent epoxy and paint to cover it up. Looks horrible. The French patio doors had vinyl peeling off the outside due to glue failure. Their customer service representative Rannae ** was the worst person to have represent the company. She knew the company screwed up my replacement frame that was sent due to the old one cracking. They sent a frame for 2x4 walls and not 2x6 walls and refused to send the extension jambs. I would have fired her on the spot. My son just bought a new Andersen patio door for his house that he will be returning due to my experience. I will never buy Andersen windows again.

My 1988 Andersen casement window screens were old and could use replacement. I have seen the TruScene upgrades and made the mistake of ordering a set via Home Depot. I did that because they are cheaper that way. I still think the set that I received one week later came from China. I suspect UPS took the time to gently bend the frames and knee jerk the top of the cardboard. This did not affect the careless assembly of the screen from Anderson. The screens were almost 1/4 inch narrow at the middle which means they would not latch properly. They go back Friday. In fairness to the careless workmanship the materials they are using is flimsy compared to the 1988 frames.

I used the 100 series on a new home in Sedona, AZ. The sliding 8' doors are so heavy they require two hands to move. The dark bronze exterior causes the plastic trim pieces to slip down causing the sliding screen to jam and eventually break the wheels. A west facing casement window warped, it has a 1" bow in the middle. The plastic seal along the edge warps. Anderson sent out a tech, he worked on some of the problems but they are reoccurring due to the poor engineering and design. There are some excellent window manufacturers, Anderson is not one of them.

I have had my Andersen Patio Door Series 100 Sliding Glass Door for about 10 months. The weatherstripping is coming out and the locking mechanism has become very hard to operate. I contacted Andersen today and their position is that while parts are covered by the warranty, labor to fix the door is not. They said they will send me the parts, and also email me a "how to" video, and I can fix it myself. Alternatively, they will arrange for a technician for $200.

They do NOT cover labor costs at all, even when the customer has had the product for less than a year. I would have expected them to honor their product, and provide any necessary labor costs if within the first year. But they said they never warranty labor. Seems strange when the product is relatively new, and the problem is due to a deficiency in their product. Just be aware they don't fully stand behind their product.

I recently purchased an Andersen Door with insect Screen. The lock they sent with the door had a problem with the tumbler. The snap in plastic retainer system is flawed that's used to keep the glass/Insect screen on the door. They are flimsy and they do not stay in the grooves to keep the glass window or the screen door secure. Andersen should use the metal screw fasteners. The plastic retainers are cheaper to manufacture however, it affects the final outcome which is poor. All customer service will do is send you all the same equipment that is useless. Now I have a door that doesn't secure the insect screen nor does it secure the storm glass. Now I'm left to "Jerry Rig" the door every season to get the results I want... Bad Bad Product...

Consumer Increased Rating!

Oh Boy. Don't even know where to start. All I could say is their product is cheap quality and their warranty is a complete joke. I spent 30k on windows And patio doors. Less than a year it's all falling apart. Window seals are failing due to exposure to direct sunlight and Andersen advised me that is not covered under warranty. Issues with locks, issues with rollers... Complete crap...

Canadian and American sales reps came in to see me. We had a great meeting. Lots of samples, pictures and videos. Huge price tag... Was shocked at first. Then the discounts kicked in. So I went for it. 4 windows and a sliding door. The second measuring guy came to verify sizes. 6 weeks later they were installed by two guys. The inside framework done to perfection. Beautiful. The Guys were awesome. It took all day. This will be my window go to company from here on in. Windows and door are awesome.

Never! Again never buy Andersen Windows, basically rotted due to a design failure. When the two sashes come together on gliding windows, there is a foam gasket on the bottom of the seal which holds water and over time the wood wicks it up causing severe rot! 6 windows, 12 panels ruined in 8 years. Customer service is ridiculous... total of four different reps, on phone for a total of 3 hours over a 2 week period, multiple emails... Andersen deserves 0 stars. Buy Pella.

Our builder used Anderson Windows in our 2012 Inverness Home. The seal failed on one of their windows. They are charging us $20 to ship the window to our house and $350 to install. Pretty good scam if you ask me. Kind of kills any incentive to produce a quality product. Shame to take advantage of retirees. I wish them the best karma available.

My wife and I studied replacement gliding doors for months before deciding to go with an Andersen E-Series (Eagle) LH Gliding Door. When it arrived, the screen door was bent inside the carton, there were multiple deep scratches on the extruded aluminum exterior, and the stile on the interior of the moving panel had black marks under the paint, that could be seen through the paint finish. It was like a dark spot on the wall that gets primed with a defective primer, and the "holiday" shows right through the finish coat of paint.

The moving panel was ordered with a keyed lock that was not installed on the door when it arrived. Andersen sent us a replacement screen door that was shipped on a wooden contraption that would carry a riding lawn tractor, and it too revealed scratches on the powder coat finish right out of the box. They tell us that there is "No way" something like this could ever leave the Andersen factory, and we say, "Pure bologna." They don't want to spend any money to resolve this, nor do they wish to do anything about it. We remember the old Eagle Window Company and they made a legendary product. We remember the original Andersen factory that was located in Kentucky too. We will also remember that Andersen has now sunk to the lowest level they can go. We will never buy or recommend another Andersen product, ever!

I hope that at least one person reads this and doesn't buy from these guys. I would be embarrassed to call myself a company. Not once, not twice, but 3 times these guys let me down!! Lifetime guarantee. Ya right. They use every technique in the book, from "that wasn't us who gave you that guarantee" to "you should just upgrade". Seriously. Please don't buy from these guys. They are a disgrace to the business world. Don't believe anything they say. Windows may be good but no warranty or guarantee.

I purchased RBA 7 windows and three doors in January and was told it would be 6-8 weeks for delivery and installation. I was called several times to update the delivery and installation availability. We finally settled on March 25 to install 2 very large picture windows, side double-hung for each, a French door, a back entry door, front entry door and kitchen window. All in all--roughly $32,000. I went with RBA because they "said" they had their own installers, and the discounts were hefty. They would have to tear out the old casings on everything and reconstruct new casings and sills, etc. It would be a hefty job.

They arrived the week prior to remove the old french door and enclose the opening (there was rot in the sills from the old door leaking and RBA built a wonderful base, frame, etc. for the new door). They were quick and efficient and cleaned up beautifully. The next week they came on time to rip out the old casings and windows and doors and began rebuilding and installing the new windows, doors and casing and trim work. They started around 8 am and by 3 pm with 5 guys, they were down to just the picture windows/double-hung, and the front door. The kitchen window, the french door and the backdoor were exquisitely installed and trimmed--just beautiful. But I could tell they were rushing to get the job done on the rest of the windows and doors. The front door did not lock properly and they "locked it so that no one could enter until their installation manager could take a look at it" the next week.

Honestly, from that point on, I knew I was in for a long haul with their customer service reps, installer contacts, and order reps. It turned out that the door was installed incorrectly. They had to bring out the door sales rep (the door is not at RBA product, although they sell it), and I was "assured" that I would not have to be the go-between to get this door installed and functioning ($5000 entry door). It took four trips to get the door functioning.

Let me tell you about the picture windows and the double-hung... it is now May 31 and they are still not installed fully and correctly. The factory is so busy because RBA oversold their product during the last 6 months, that the factory cannot keep up with the delivery and the quality demands of their product. The grills on the picture windows (prairie-style) do not fit and are not attached properly by the installers (who confess they don't look at the quality of their product, they just install). The lower sashes on the double-hung are crooked and the grilles are also misaligned. RBA has taken a long time to get new sashes and when they arrived, none were correct, and one even had a one-inch glob of paint/dirt on the sash--all of it passing the quality inspection at the factory!!

I am still waiting for the new sashes. It has been 10 days (and a holiday) since they ordered the new ones and I have heard nothing from the company. I had to call the order service rep and when she did not respond to my calls, I called the installation manager. I was told he would find out what is going on--I then received a call from the order rep who said the sashes are still not in and even though there is a "rush" on them, she is not sure when they will be delivered.

I have also tried to get the name of the president of RBA so I can give him (her?) the complaint (and praise), but the company will not give out that information. I will keep trying. There are so many customer service/installation issues, that I will not EVER use RBA again. Too bad, too. I still have windows on the house to replace and window and door on the garage to replace.

I contacted Renewal by Andersen for a price quote as I needed a few replacement windows in my home. The salesperson arrived on time, was friendly and professional. But after his sales pitch of the windows another sales pitch came that left me feeling very uncomfortable. It was regarding how the windows would be paid for as his sales pitch was this great offer of 0 percent finance if the windows were paid off within a year of the signed contract. I am old enough to know nothing is free and if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. As I did a bit of checking on this offer so my salesperson was correct in the fact it was 0 percent loan if paid off within a year but miss the payoff by even one day your interest payment will skyrocket to 23 percent interest. While this may seem simple just by making the payoff on time there are a few snags that may undermine your credit.

This type of loan stands as credit owed until paid off and could limit a person on any additional loans they may require within the one year period of free financing. Renewal by Andersen pays GreenSky Credit a transaction fee for instant credit which you guessed it gets passed along to you in the form of a higher cost of your window replacement. GreenSky Credit is just a broker bringing bank financing to merchants so they are able to make a sale at your home immediately as once your sales rep is done with his pitch they make it a point to make the sale before leaving knowing it increases the odds of getting the job. GreenSky Credit is the biggest winner in this as they make a profit by financing homeowner project for merchants like Renewal by Andersen and then they are paid again by the banks they deal with for bringing in new secured loans so who do you think ends up paying all these costs?

The answer is the homeowner as even if you pay the 0 percent cost of your windows within a year Renewal by Andersen overcharged to make up for the cost of the transaction fee charges to them by using GreenSky Credit. As a consumer the more middle men you have in any project rack up unnecessary charges as with Renewal by Andersen. They have a middle man in the financing plus since they are only a franchise business they also have a markup on the labor as this is done by many different separate window installation companies. So dealing direct with a smaller window company would give you a much better cost along with more control over your project. While Renewal by Andersen may sell a good quality product the financing side and who makes out is pretty shady and that's how this company lost me as a potential customer.

Salesmen Tony and Francis showed up at my house and blabbered for the next 90 minutes. Despite my telling them that I wasn't interested in financing or having additional windows measured for replacement - They pressed. They sent no less than 3 incorrect/incomplete contracts. When we refused to sign the poorly written contracts, They pressed. The fast and furious texts/emails became so obnoxious, that I had to block RBA emails and texts. These reps bulldoze clients with high-pressure sales tactics. We got a bid from a local contractor for 40% the cost that RBA had quoted. The moral here - When a salesman says: "We're not here to give you a high pressured sales pitch" - That's EXACTLY where you will find yourself. Avoid this vendor and save yourself the time and stress of greedy salesmen.

There are very strong pros and cons with working with Renewal by Andersen in Denver, CO. The pros are that the windows are extremely high quality and the installers are outstanding. The cons are that you get what you pay for-- they're not cheap. And, you have to deal with their sales pitch. This company is one of those that comes out to the house and all financially responsible people have to be there. And you have to make a decision before they leave. I HATE that type of sales. BUT our salesperson was very nice and helpful, and we are very happy with the outcome of the beautiful windows. So, my advice to you is to do your research before you make the appointment and be prepared to make a decision. The quality of both the windows and the installer's workmanship was well worth the price.

When Chris (salesman) showed up, to begin with he was late. We asked for a estimate/quote. He sat down at the table. Told me each window was going to be $1700. Never gave me any other options, never measured any window or length of our home for siding. Not once did he show me a picture let alone let me look at a brochure. I finally got brochure as he was leaving and I asked for it. When this appt. was made their company knew my husband could not attend the meeting, they seemed to have no problem with it, after all they sent salesman out. During our conversation he asked me if I was up to signing a multimillion $ contract with my husband not being here. I said "No, most married couples don't make that big of a decision without talking to each other." I called my husband and he talked to the man. Once again Chris asked my husband if he was willing to allow me to sign a multimillion $ contract. He said "No."

Chris said they like both spouses to be home when they come out. At the end as he was leaving I explained my husband is very knowledgeable and when they come back out on a Sunday when we was both available my husband likes to get to the point and not waste time. The salesman said "you need to remind him we are driving 2 hours to your house and on a Sunday"... The more I thought about it, I can't do business with a company like this. Plus they don't sell windows with shades built in them. The only siding they sell is steel. Not my cup of tea. Anyone else that goes thru this company I wish them the best of luck. I am sure there are other salesmen that work there that are a lot better at their jobs.

Recently we had the glass window of our EMCO Andersen Storm Door broken. I ordered the replacement online - everything seemed easy. I paid and was sent a confirming email. The email from Andersencorp.com said that my order would be processed in 1-4 business days and shipped by UPS with the same time frame. After a week of no confirmation of processing, I called. The customer service representative said that there was a problem with their website and it was sending out INCORRECT information. It takes 2 weeks to process an order, not 1-4 days. It turns out that he was correct. The replacement window arrives 2.5 weeks later and after we get it out of the box, it should be a 30-second installation except it is not.

The window requires four notches be cut in the frame in order for it to be locked into the door. The notches were not cut. The window was useless as is. I called customer service again. The representative was apologetic and said we did not have to return the window thereby avoiding a return fee (Nice of them not to charge me again for their mistake) and that the correct window would now be ordered and sent out. The only problem is that it is on the same time frame as the original order. No offer to expedite things. So it is now taking 5+ weeks to get this replacement window when the original email stated 2 weeks maximum.

To top it off, our dog got out of the house because one of the kids (A small kid) forgot to close the house door completely! We had 6 people searching the neighborhood for her for over 30 minutes. Luckily, she was found and is safely back home. A potential disaster for our family that was totally unnecessary if the company had lived up to its original commitment in the confirming email. As of today, we are still waiting for this window.

Spent a ton of money on 1 door and 1 window. One part on the door was selling off the next day! We were told everything would be stained, it wasn't! A huge pain in the butt and poor quality for paying top price!

We had the builder purchase 60 Andersen windows and 3 sliding doors after reading reviews and recommendations 26 years ago. Since that time we had a number of casement windows fail creating a haze between the glass panes. We had someone come out and check them and we were told that the windows were warped causing the gas to escape. Of course they were out of warranty. We had one large casement window cracked several years ago during the winter. I called customer service and was told that we were out of warranty.

They offered a slight discount for that replacement. And now, while sleeping at 4am we heard a loud popping noise in our bathroom, one of the clear Andersen side windows to the large picture window cracked into many small pieces. It did not look like anything hit it. It was the inside pane. The temperature outside was about 41 degrees. I have to wonder which window will be next. I would never recommend Andersen Windows to anyone.

Expert Review

Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.    More about Joseph→

The Andersen Corporation is the largest door and window manufacturer in the United States. The company has been in business since 1903.

• Wide product offering: Andersen designs and manufacturers an extensive line of high-performance, energy-efficient windows and doors. It has four brands: Andersen vinyl-clad wood windows and patio doors; Renewal by Andersen, a line of low-maintenance replacement windows; Silver Line vinyl windows and patio doors; and American Craftsman vinyl windows and doors, which are sold exclusive through Home Depot.
  • Sells internationally: Andersen sells windows in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America as well as in the United States.
  • Large online library: Customers can read about how to choose the right products, how to install them and more on the company's website.
  • Trains installers: Consumers must contract separately with third parties for installation, and Andersen offers certification in installing its products. The only exception is for Renewal replacement windows, which are installed by Andersen’s own group of highly trained contractors.
  • Lots of options: Owners who want to create a custom look can easily mix and match shapes, materials and sizes from the large catalog of available windows.
  • Online parts store: Owners who want to repair or replace windows and doors can find and purchase parts online through this company's website.
  • Best for Andersen Windows are best for homeowners, do-it-yourselfers, condo owners, landlords, business owners, and anyone interested in energy-efficient, well-built windows and doors.

Compare Windows & Doors