1.37/5
  • 1 star
Based on 62 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Andersen Windows

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

201 Andersen Windows Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Installed Series 600 windows in 2015 in a new construction home. Fighting condensation problems inside of the window edges when the temperature drops below 25. I keep the inside humidity about 40% according to National healthy conditions. Andersen says 25% so the windows will not condensate. This 25% is unhealthy humidity. Every time I call Andersen Windows it falls on deaf ears. My argument is with today’s technology why do Andersen Windows still use aluminum seal between the panes is of glass. Aluminum is the best conductor of thermal transfers there is. What cools quicker in your fridge!!! Aluminum can of beverage or a glass bottle. I have called for a representative several times to my residence. Still waiting since 2015. To you buyers that even thinking of Andersen Windows. Do your research.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We purchased thousands of dollars worth of windows from Andersen Windows. After installation and all protective sheeting removed we noticed several large scratches on the windows and they are all in between the panes, which proves we didn’t do it. The screens don’t fit correctly leaving gaps where bugs come in and one of the latches also doesn’t work. They gave us another set of screens which also don’t fit and don’t know what else to say.

They inspected the scratches and said they would replace the glass in 2 of the 7 damaged windows but didnt think it was necessary to fix the other 5. These are large picture windows and we see these scratches all the time. Our concern is them not sealing properly after they pulled the glass out and put the new glass in and the damage they will do pulling the wood trim off to get to the glass. These are 5 & 6 ft windows and the scratches extend halfway through some of them. They admitted it must have happened in the factory but that’s all they would do. Nothing has been settled and it’s been a year now. Very disappointed in a company that is supposed to be so good and won’t back their product.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I don't need replacement windows and I don't want 30 emails a day telling me that I do. Tried unsubscribing to no avail. Tried contacting them directly to no avail. In the unlikely event I will ever need new or replacement windows, I will never use this company because of their invasive emails.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Built our home in 1992, installed Andersen windows throughout. The double-panel windows fixed are custom made and are not functioning due to the panes closing in on each other. A technician came out and drilled holes in the outer pane and supposedly fixed the window by “pulling” it out or releasing it and silicon filled the hole. Not a single window is repaired. We were scammed by Andersen when we need every defective outer pane replaced.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We bought a spec home in Michigan, four years ago. It was a higher end home, so we thought it was pretty well built. A bit surprised that our windows did not tilt in for cleaning. After a year or two I called the builder about our bedroom being cold and condensation and ice on our windows, which was then causing mold to form. I was forwarded to Andersen, with not much success.

Over the last 4 years my wife’s cough has gotten worse and my daughters room runs 5-7 degrees colder than the rest of our house, so she is always sick too. I used to live in Maine and never had problems like this. After multiple attempts to contact the builder, supplier and window manufacturer, with no luck, we finally had to spend $32k to replace all our windows and slider. Once my realtor got involved, it did actually get the builder and supplier out, but both said not their issue.

The windows didn’t stop the heat from a heat lamp from coming thru, so they said the gases were gone. Which would explain the cold and why it is so hot during the summer. There also is not a good latch, so we could push up and down on the window when they were closed, so thus not a good seal on the back of the window stopping hot or cold air from coming in. So that probably explains the condensation. The frame was also not insulated with filler, so the top window sat outside of our wall, so air might have been able to come around through the frame. Overall amazed that we just replaced all or our windows in a 4 year old house. I always thought of Andersen as a good brand. I don’t feel that way anymore. I’ll probably never buy an Andersen window again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We had Andersen install two replacement picture windows 11 days ago. Cost $12,000. That's not a typo. They put something like $200 into their bid for stucco repair and paint to make the exterior good again from the damage caused by pulling out the old windows. You and I both know that $200 won't prime and paint a bird house unless you do it yourself. So, we declined to use their stucco guy and used our own. They are also window and exterior trim installers as well as flashing and roofing experts. They told us that the windows are installed incorrectly. Andersen put them in too low, so that now they have created a standing trough where water will collect at the bottom of the windows; they didn't install them flush to the weather bead, in fact they are about an inch behind it, and you can see that the windows run out from one side to the other; they are not even parallel to the framing.

I am quite sure that their stucco repairman would have tried to cover this all up with stucco and caulk, which would have had to be removed once water started coming into the wall cavity. It is worse than a weekend DIY job by a first-timer. I should have listened to my best judgment because the neighbors across the street also had a botched job by Andersen and after 18 months of haggling reached a settlement with them, but with an NDA (non-disclosure agreement), meaning they agreed to not talk about the settlement. Andersen somehow gets by on reputation, but their work is incompetent.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

This review comes as a result of another day of condensation on our 3-year-old A-Series windows. Each morning from November till early May we have to wipe the condensation from our windows. The door are Therma-Tru and they are completely dry. The Andersen Window Co. says the humidity in the home is the issue. We have gone to great lengths to measure humidity and control it to eliminate the problem but guess what. Same ** different day. It’s just frustrating that Andersen will spend millions to explain the issues that arise from too much humidity on their site but won't do anything to fix the windows we purchased. A contractor we know told us they heard at a trade show that the glass in the windows is defective... But it seems we are just people that work hard for our money so we don't matter. No one will listen if it going to cost time and money to fix the issue.

I am a painter by trade and I have painted windows for 20 years and have never seen new windows perform so poorly as these A-Series do. What a shame that a window can look so good but perform so poorly. Every day we wake to condensation on every window in the house and must spent 30 to 45 minutes wiping the moisture away. Fear of mold and rot makes this process a permanent part of our day. Imagine buying windows that were made for historic New England that can't live up to their name. Shame on Andersen Windows for taking advantage of hardworking people. By the way the humidity in our house today is 51% which is well within the limits that are recommended. Funny thing is that's where it is all the time but it’s humidity that's causing the problem.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have a rental property and my own home. Both properties have had issues with front doors and patio doors. Andersen blames issues on installers even though both properties were installed by two different certified Andersen contractors. They assume no responsibilities for a subpar product. Please do not purchase anything from this way overrated company that does not stand by its product.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have had no experience with Renewal by Andersen and have no need for windows, but I have repeatedly unsubscribed to their barrage of daily unsolicited emails. I even emailed the company directly and told them that their constant emails were overloading my mailbox and to please stopped. That slowed it down for a few weeks. But now we're back again to daily blasts and when I travel I miss critical emails because my mailbox is full. Is there no privacy statute that prevents this harassment?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am 70 yrs old and disabled. I need 8 sashes for my home. I called Andersen to find out how to go about getting the correct sashes. They were able to provide them to me, but the price was quite high. They assured me that the best price was going to be from them, the manufacturer. I was only able to afford 4 sashes because of price. I found out a few days later that Home Depot sold the same product for less than half the price. Andersen won't let me cancel order without a huge restocking fee. They lied to me. Now I can't repair all my windows and they are laughing at me all the way to the bank. Completely unethical and possibly illegal business practices.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I've been trying to order grid inserts for months. In the beginning, I got no communication from the company unless I initiated it and now lately they will not even respond to emails. They are blaming a recent system update on order not being placed which I find totally bull since the system upgrade (email 10/17/17) happened recently and the order was emailed 9/26/17. My advice is to not order from Andersen until they can find employees who actually have customer service skills.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Live on new acreage in the country. Very few mature trees protecting us. Purchased a fairly new home here but the windows leaked. Decided to replace the leaky windows approximately "3 years" ago. Purchased "A-series" double-hung windows from Eddie, at Marcus Lumber, Marcus, Iowa. Had some of the windows installed by Chris **. Excellent installation and workmanship. Half of the windows leaked (4 windows and patio door leak, interesting... Other 4 do not leak.) Called Marcus Lumber and no one returned our calls. Called Andersen Windows and it took forever (i.e., 30-45 min. hold) to get through and when you finally got through they'd transfer you, only to hold, again! The representatives were difficult to work with (e.g., they required us to explain details that were difficult as we are not window experts. Their customer service representatives were very short with us.)

Took about a month and they sent technicians out to tweak things on the windows. Their name (no relation) was (** -- Brad & Wayne). Really decent guys who tried hard to find ways to stop leaks. The window technicians (Brad & Wayne) reported that our windows were installed properly with excellent workmanship. The windows still leaked. I called the window technicians (Brad & Wayne) back and they came again two more times trying to tweak things. The windows still leaked.

My husband went "into" Marcus Lumber to complain. The representative said they would check with Andersen Windows but they didn't know because "Andersen Windows is difficult to deal with." Marcus Lumber didn't get back to us... ever. I took the initiative and called Marcus Lumber (Tom) back about 4 months later explaining what had happened. They promised that they'd take care of it as soon as possible. Months passed. Two men from (I think both from Marcus Lumber? Maybe Andersen reps?) came and inspected our windows. Three months passed and we didn't hear back.

I took the initiative again, and called Marcus Lumber and told Tom that he'd be hearing from me every week until something further was done. Tom is always pleasant and empathetic. Tom said he needed to get a hold of Dennis (**?) in Sioux Falls, SD. Tom would call and email Dennis and weeks would pass. Finally he emailed Dennis and copied me. This morning the window technicians (Brad & Wayne) are at my house as I write. I ask, “What can be done? Can we get different windows? These are defective.” Wayne explains: "Mostly we make improvements in the field."

I want to remind you this has been going on for three years! Andersen Windows has not yet stood behind any warranty. Please, I urge you not to buy any A-Series double-hung windows from Andersen. They are defective! They leak! Andersen Windows customer service is absolutely horrible. They have difficulty working with the retailers. The ball gets dropped. The retailers are nice to you -- even when you call every week -- but nothing gets accomplished and it's slow as molasses. You have to take the time and make assertive initiatives or nothing will get fixed. This is one of the worst spends (decisions) we've made.

We still have some of Andersen A-Series windows in our garage. My husband cannot stomach installing more of these windows. Soon... he'll be using my hair dryer and that plastic stuff you buy at ACE Hardware to put on the windows to keep the cold Midwest wind out of our home. Our electric bills remain high. My windows look tacky and you have to look through a plastic film to see out. Our request would be to receive new and improved double-hung windows or maybe casements if their double hungs are still defective -- which they might still be. For your own sake, do not buy or work with any Andersen Window retailer. You will regret it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My house was built in 2007 and the doors were purchased from Andersen. In 2012 the lock mechanism on the door handle broke and was replaced under warranty. Now in 2017 the same part has again broken and warranty is denied because the original part purchase has exceeded 10 years. The fact that this same part is defective and has to be replaced again after just 5 years is not considered. Repairs will have to be made at my expense for a faulty product that the manufacturer will not stand behind.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have never had a worst experience with a company. After an hour and a half on the phone they provided me with zero information, refused to help in any way after spending over 2000 dollars on a window. I am completely disgusted with them. Their complete inattention was so frustrating I could not believe it. I would never buy another thing from them ever and other people should not either.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Had 1 window quoted and it was 2000.00 for 1 without grids in the window and 2500.00 with grids. If you buy 4 about 8000.00. That’s highway robbery to the average working man! Andersen is supposedly the best out there but to do my whole house probably would be 30,000 bucks! Come on now! That’s irate!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My husband and I had bought a home that had some Andersen windows installed so we thought we would continue replacing the old windows from this company. We had a front window replaced, a patio door with a matching handle and hinges, and they exam the existing windows for any defects for free. We were so happy with the great service! We began making payments but noticed a few months later our balance owed was now double? I attempted to get some information from numerous people and phone numbers for a total of seventeen months. I gave up for a long time because I have been battling with some health issues. We still make our payments on time and now we are trying to get a statement of work done from renewal by Andersen Windows once again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My husband and I placed an order for a $2500 oak Anderson window July 21, 2017 from Mentor Lumber and we worked with Tim ** to purchase the window. The window was delivered on time, we briefly inspected the window for gashes and dings in the wood and accepted the delivery but noted that there were sizable gaps in the corners that were not flush as they should have been. Mentor Lumber was notified of this and a service tech was sent to our house 1 week later. He informed us that all gaps could be corrected for with new stops. We waited another 4 weeks for the new window stops to be delivered and installed. We were still dissatisfied with gaps and the way the screens were fitting in the window. We were told by Tim ** that he would come out to our house to inspect the defects.

In late August Tim came out to our house and told us the gaps in were unacceptable and the frames in fact did not fit the windows. We were told once more to wait another 4 weeks for different parts to be ordered and were reassured that everything would fit properly. It is October 6 - we were supposed to receive a phone call this week regarding parts and/or update regarding what was being done to correct this issue. We have heard nothing and phone calls have been unreturned. Our window that was delivered July 21, 2017 is still sitting uncorrected by Mentor Lumber & Anderson Window on October 6, 2017. This is unacceptable. My husband and I will be contacting the company to have the window uninstalled. When paying $2500 for 1 window you have expectations. These expectations have continued to go unmet since July 21, 2017 to date.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The storm door is acceptable. I bought it from Home Depot. However the Andersen online chat person said that there was no difference between the inside and outside of the panel. Using this information I had solar protective film applied to the panel. However there is a difference, there is a lip on the inside of the panel and the door panel now has the film on the outside where it is not supposed to be.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Called number to verify if they had a showroom due to overly aggressive and lying sales rep. I gave them my phone number due to sales rep lying about installation for a neighbor. ** actually tried to hack my Google Account short time later. DO NOT approach this company in any way. I was nice when I called and explained why I was hesitant to give out other numbers. She still tried to play a very dangerous game. Employees who act out like this are a danger to the community at large and the tone is set from the top. There are other quality window companies in the national market. Don't bother with this one.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Problems with 200 Series Narrowline Andersen Gliding Door - I am a general contractor who's been in the business for nearly 30 years. This review is in reference to a kitchen remodel that was completed in August 2017. I made the suggestion to remove a 25 yr. old 5' French door and small bay window and replace both with a 3 panel, 12' sliding glass door. Other windows in the house were 20 year old Andersen Windows with the customer having no complaint issues with them. The door was purchased ($6,800) through a local lumber yard. It came delivered within 3 weeks of ordering. So far so good...

I assumed it would be a 3 panel unit with a continuous 12' sill and header (like Pella's) but it was 2 units. One being a standard 2 panel 8' slider. The other was a 4' fixed unit. The 2 units needed to be "mold" together with screws and silicone. Oh speaking of silicone (see pics) horrible sealant job! I can see sill/header leak problems eventually occurring at the joint where the 2 units meet. Interior trim issues were numerous. Gaps at joints, wood strips miscut, no pre-drilled holes for hardware or foot lock, and finally the retractable screen.

I've never seen so many parts and non-informative installation instructions. To adjust the tension on the screen, you need to physically remove the entire screen housing! What a flimsy, expensive excuse for a screen. I contacted Andersen for service on the retractable screen, the service guy said I should give it a good coat of WD-40 and that would fix the screen from gaping when opened or closed. I have a one word suggestion for all of you homeowners out there P E L L A !

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The sales person (Doug) measured 3 rooms, only 2 rooms were done. I ordered 4 windows only, 3 were ordered due to financing. Amount financed would have been $3,929. Douglas **. One room not done still cost me $4,911. After inquiring about the other room and window I was told it would cost me over a $1000.00.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I purchased 17 replacement windows for my home in February 2006 and spent over $21,000. It has been 11 years and the weather stripping on 3 of the south facing windows is falling off. They said they have had problems with that but won't cover it under warranty because the warranty is only 10 years. Also 5 or 6 of the window cranks are completely stripped and won't open or close.

I purchased these because I thought they were the best out there. When I went to their store in Roseville, MN they put me on the phone with one of their service managers. After I threatened to call the Attorney General he agreed to give me the weather stripping and window cranks but I have to install them myself. The lady at the front counter was rude and arrogant and smelled like she had been smoking cigarettes all day. I would not recommend these windows or this company to anyone and will tell all of my neighbors and 1000 plus Facebook friends not to buy their windows.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We ordered Andersen Windows for our new house on July 14. We were told they would be delivered by August 14. We are now being told that our order was not processed correctly in their system and our windows will not be delivered until September 11. This is holding back our entire building process as we cannot get electricity/HVAC etc. into the house until it is weatherproof. Our plywood is getting soaked every time it rains and we are also going to be paying more since our framers will have to return in four weeks with all their equipment to install the windows. Andersen admitted to the mistake but is doing nothing to expedite our order. It is beyond frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Oh boy... wish I had read the previous reviews prior to getting involved with Renewal by Andersen!!! I have been very interested in purchasing new replacement windows for my home for a very long time. My home was rebuilt in 2000 because my home of 35 yrs. was destroyed in the May 3, 1999 F5 tornado. The builder installed vinyl windows throughout my home. 3 to 4 yrs. ago all of the windows began failing. They are double paned windows and all of the seals began breaking and allowing condensation to form inside the windows. You cannot get to this area to clean it.

Additionally, about half of the windows are forming mold on the inside of the glass. I've been seeing the Fibrex windows advertised and was very interested in what the commercials had to say about them. I received a flyer in the mail from Renewal by Andersen advertising a huge sale, so decided to have them come out to obtain more information. The "so-called MANAGER" that came out, in my opinion, is a TOP-NOTCH SHYSTER!!! Lots of fast double-talk. HE did not sell me on the windows as I was already sold on them.

Now for the issue we are having: He met with me and my husband and informed us that the cost for the windows would be $25,266.00 (yikes). He stated, and I quote, "you are so lucky that I am the one that came to your home because I am a manager and I can offer you a deal that nobody else can offer you"... (He made that statement twice.) He emphatically stated that they would take care of the financing themselves and he offered us a 10 year loan at 1.8%. Our payments were to be $270/month at a fixed rate. So, unfortunately, we jumped on that and signed paperwork.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: We received the loan information from "their" bank on 8/24 (deadline to cancel the agreement was only 3 days after signing the agreement, which would have been on 8/23 - how convenient for them!). The bank information states that the windows are indeed $25,266 but... the interest on the loan is not the 1.8% this so-called manager stated but rather 6.99%!!! So this brings the total cost of the windows to a great big whopping $37,665.37!!!

I almost fainted when I read that!!! My husband attempted to call this so-called manager. Line was busy. Husband called back, got an answering machine. Husband left a message for a return call to us. Never got it. Husband called the bank/finance company and got nowhere. They needed an "account number" to look up the information, but there is no account number on any of our paperwork. Husband called the office of Renewal by Andersen, and the "manager" was not in. Nor did they know when to expect him. Husband told the man on the phone what the problem was, and the man on the other end of the phone stated "there's no way we could offer a 1.8% interest rate!!!"

So, bright and early this coming Monday morning (this is Saturday night) my husband and I are going to personally drive to this Renewal by Andersen office to try and get this mess straightened out. Luckily we have not signed anything that shows this 6.99% interest rate. AND... after reading the reviews about this company, I just want out of this mess.

My husband and I are both retired and we also both have part-time jobs to help make ends meet. There is no way we would have signed up for this type of cost to us. The interest rate alone is a total of $12,399.37!!! One would have to be a fool to agree to something this outrageous!!! I will follow up with another review after we meet with them on Monday morning. At this point in time, my advice to anyone reading these reviews is to RUN, DON'T. WALK FROM ANDERSEN AS fast as you can!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

We paid for window replacements in December, 2016 and had our windows replaced in January. The windows seemed good enough but not a single window screen fit the new windows. The installers noted this and took the window screens back with them in January. Thus began a tale of incompetence which is hard to believe. On three occasions, representatives from the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania branch came out to "measure" the windows. After the first visit, we waited an intolerable 6 - 8 weeks for the modified screens to be delivered. Incredibly, not one screen fit when the representative came out to install them and one questions whether they did anything to rebuild the screens! Before he left the technician supposedly "measured" the windows and again took them back to the company.

After waiting another 6 - 8 weeks another installer came out with the "rebuilt" screens and remarkably not one screen fit. This installer seemingly took accurate measurements and again requested that the screens be modified for the new measurements. The screens were to be delivered some 6 weeks later only they were incredibly "left off" the delivery truck thus delaying delivery by another period of weeks. For an organization of this size, it is unheard of that such incompetence should exist. I would never recommend Renewal By Andersen to any acquaintance of mine and their policy of handling all problems from installation to service is completely fallacious.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Out of 5 1.0 out of 5. My Frenchwood slider door panels delaminated at the bottom like everyone else. The best they could do is give me 50% off and I could get them cheaper somewhere else. I'm a contractor and won't ever use a Andersen product ever again. I can't understand, they know about this problem and haven't fixed the problem yet!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We had a poor experience with Renewal by Andersen - actually, we continue to deal with it since their project is not yet complete, even after one month since install. Overall, the casement windows from the inside out look good, though they have to return for minor cosmetic touch ups, which they have agreed to do but with no date agreed upon yet. Our real problem is with the outside appearance. The install team removed the existing J-track but did not replace. This left an unsightly dark stain around the top of the window. The Renewal by Andersen team have come out 3 times to verify our concerns but each time they leave after stating that J-track was not part of the install. If it was, we should have asked. Though we never heard of a J-track until after the project.

Since Renewal by Andersen is not backing their project, we will have to hire a local contractor to complete the project. Amazing that we invested significant $s because we trusted the Renewal by Andersen experience only to be stiffed in the end and forced to go out and seek another contractor to finish the project. Recommend that you don't use Renewal by Andersen. You are better off going to Home Depot and purchasing similar quality windows and hiring a local contractor that stands by his/her work.

Original review: July 25, 2017

A casement bezel part of a lock needed replacement. I ordered the part. I was sent a plastic part instead of one like the original metal. I have had very good experience with Andersen Windows in the past. If this is the current Andersen product, I shall rethink buying their products.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Replacement Window Runaround: We purchased an Andersen 3000 series Universal Self-storing Aluminum Storm Door. While cutting grass a rock flew up & broke the stationary window in our storm door. I called Andersen Window & Storm doors on July 7, 2017 at 2:45 pm EST to order a replacement window. The agent was nice & placed my order. He stated it would take 10 business days to receive product. As of July 22nd, I haven't received my replacement. I then contacted Andersen in order to get tracking number. They tracked it for me & informed me that the window has a damage report on it as of July 13th as it arrived in Greensboro, NC. I contacted UPS & he stated an email was sent to Andersen Claims Dept on July 13th. I called Andersen back & they claim they never received it.

Mind you, both companies had our phone number. Neither one bothered to inform us or even send a replacement window for the replacement. I'm pissed... I then was informed by Andersen that they couldn't send window until Monday, 22nd & we may or may not receive it by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Again, mind you that will be 20 days waiting on this replacement, replacements window that cost me over $80... what customer service, right? I pretty much done their work!!! Corporate office call or should I say COMPLAINT will be placed Monday MORNING!!! THANKS ANDERSEN OR I SHOULD SAY NO THANKS ANDERSEN!!!

Original review: July 15, 2017

We purchased our home in 2013 in the foothills of Colorado. The home was built in 1981 with probably one of the only Andersen windows available at the time, a vinyl clad window. Interesting to us is the fact that many of the homes back in Ohio had these very same windows and doors. The back of the house faces south so the southern windows have taken a beating at 7500 feet (wide temperature swings, variable weather from day to day, lots of sunshine)! All of the windows (fixed pane, casement and awning) worked just fine and the vinyl has held up reasonably well. In spite of this we decided we would price replacement windows for the entire home.

We had a Marvin rep. provide us with an onsite estimate for the top of the line extruded aluminum clad window and then we looked at the newer Andersen E-Series (Andersen purchased Eagle). We were very impressed with both but decided we could postpone the expense. Shortly after we moved in, a crank broke on one of the awning windows and Andersen's customer service was amazing in helping us to find a replacement part on a 36 year old window! We fixed the window easily with the replacement part. Unfortunately, an epic golf ball size hail storm hit us on May 8, 2017. Several windows broke and the vinyl cladding on many windows was shattered. Our insurance will cover replacement of a like-type window for the damaged windows. We plan to upgrade to aluminum clad and are now back to thinking about Andersen E-Series.

Someone also recommended that we look at Kolbe windows. We may also take another look at the Marvin aluminum clad windows. We are struggling with the fact that these Andersen's have lasted 36 years and their customer service has been tremendous!!! All of my comments about Andersen Windows pertain to Andersen Co. NOT Renewal By Andersen which is a separate company. Renewal By Andersen is a company that reminds me of ambulance chasers and from everything I have read the quality isn't the same as my windows. I am having a hard time finding reviews online for the Andersen E-Series windows although some locals highly recommend them. Others in my community are very happy with their Marvin windows. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Andersen Windows expert review by Joseph Truini

The Andersen Corporation is the largest door and window manufacturer in the United States. The company has been in business since 1903.

• Wide product offering: Andersen designs and manufacturers an extensive line of high-performance, energy-efficient windows and doors. It has four brands: Andersen vinyl-clad wood windows and patio doors; Renewal by Andersen, a line of low-maintenance replacement windows; Silver Line vinyl windows and patio doors; and American Craftsman vinyl windows and doors, which are sold exclusive through Home Depot.

• Sells internationally: Andersen sells windows in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America as well as in the United States.

• Large online library: Customers can read about how to choose the right products, how to install them and more on the company's website.

• Trains installers: Consumers must contract separately with third parties for installation, and Andersen offers certification in installing its products. The only exception is for Renewal replacement windows, which are installed by Andersen’s own group of highly trained contractors.

• Lots of options: Owners who want to create a custom look can easily mix and match shapes, materials and sizes from the large catalog of available windows.

• Online parts store: Owners who want to repair or replace windows and doors can find and purchase parts online through this company's website.

• Best for: Andersen Windows are best for homeowners, do-it-yourselfers, condo owners, landlords, business owners, and anyone interested in energy-efficient, well-built windows and doors.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Andersen Windows Company Information

1903
Bayport
MN
www.andersenwindows.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use