1.49/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a window & door company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

192 Andersen Windows Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am 70 yrs old and disabled. I need 8 sashes for my home. I called Andersen to find out how to go about getting the correct sashes. They were able to provide them to me, but the price was quite high. They assured me that the best price was going to be from them, the manufacturer. I was only able to afford 4 sashes because of price. I found out a few days later that Home Depot sold the same product for less than half the price. Andersen won't let me cancel order without a huge restocking fee. They lied to me. Now I can't repair all my windows and they are laughing at me all the way to the bank. Completely unethical and possibly illegal business practices.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I've been trying to order grid inserts for months. In the beginning, I got no communication from the company unless I initiated it and now lately they will not even respond to emails. They are blaming a recent system update on order not being placed which I find totally bull since the system upgrade (email 10/17/17) happened recently and the order was emailed 9/26/17. My advice is to not order from Andersen until they can find employees who actually have customer service skills.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Live on new acreage in the country. Very few mature trees protecting us. Purchased a fairly new home here but the windows leaked. Decided to replace the leaky windows approximately "3 years" ago. Purchased "A-series" double-hung windows from Eddie, at Marcus Lumber, Marcus, Iowa. Had some of the windows installed by Chris **. Excellent installation and workmanship. Half of the windows leaked (4 windows and patio door leak, interesting... Other 4 do not leak.) Called Marcus Lumber and no one returned our calls. Called Andersen Windows and it took forever (i.e., 30-45 min. hold) to get through and when you finally got through they'd transfer you, only to hold, again! The representatives were difficult to work with (e.g., they required us to explain details that were difficult as we are not window experts. Their customer service representatives were very short with us.)

Took about a month and they sent technicians out to tweak things on the windows. Their name (no relation) was (** -- Brad & Wayne). Really decent guys who tried hard to find ways to stop leaks. The window technicians (Brad & Wayne) reported that our windows were installed properly with excellent workmanship. The windows still leaked. I called the window technicians (Brad & Wayne) back and they came again two more times trying to tweak things. The windows still leaked.

My husband went "into" Marcus Lumber to complain. The representative said they would check with Andersen Windows but they didn't know because "Andersen Windows is difficult to deal with." Marcus Lumber didn't get back to us... ever. I took the initiative and called Marcus Lumber (Tom) back about 4 months later explaining what had happened. They promised that they'd take care of it as soon as possible. Months passed. Two men from (I think both from Marcus Lumber? Maybe Andersen reps?) came and inspected our windows. Three months passed and we didn't hear back.

I took the initiative again, and called Marcus Lumber and told Tom that he'd be hearing from me every week until something further was done. Tom is always pleasant and empathetic. Tom said he needed to get a hold of Dennis (**?) in Sioux Falls, SD. Tom would call and email Dennis and weeks would pass. Finally he emailed Dennis and copied me. This morning the window technicians (Brad & Wayne) are at my house as I write. I ask, “What can be done? Can we get different windows? These are defective.” Wayne explains: "Mostly we make improvements in the field."

I want to remind you this has been going on for three years! Andersen Windows has not yet stood behind any warranty. Please, I urge you not to buy any A-Series double-hung windows from Andersen. They are defective! They leak! Andersen Windows customer service is absolutely horrible. They have difficulty working with the retailers. The ball gets dropped. The retailers are nice to you -- even when you call every week -- but nothing gets accomplished and it's slow as molasses. You have to take the time and make assertive initiatives or nothing will get fixed. This is one of the worst spends (decisions) we've made.

We still have some of Andersen A-Series windows in our garage. My husband cannot stomach installing more of these windows. Soon... he'll be using my hair dryer and that plastic stuff you buy at ACE Hardware to put on the windows to keep the cold Midwest wind out of our home. Our electric bills remain high. My windows look tacky and you have to look through a plastic film to see out. Our request would be to receive new and improved double-hung windows or maybe casements if their double hungs are still defective -- which they might still be. For your own sake, do not buy or work with any Andersen Window retailer. You will regret it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My house was built in 2007 and the doors were purchased from Andersen. In 2012 the lock mechanism on the door handle broke and was replaced under warranty. Now in 2017 the same part has again broken and warranty is denied because the original part purchase has exceeded 10 years. The fact that this same part is defective and has to be replaced again after just 5 years is not considered. Repairs will have to be made at my expense for a faulty product that the manufacturer will not stand behind.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have never had a worst experience with a company. After an hour and a half on the phone they provided me with zero information, refused to help in any way after spending over 2000 dollars on a window. I am completely disgusted with them. Their complete inattention was so frustrating I could not believe it. I would never buy another thing from them ever and other people should not either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Had 1 window quoted and it was 2000.00 for 1 without grids in the window and 2500.00 with grids. If you buy 4 about 8000.00. That’s highway robbery to the average working man! Andersen is supposedly the best out there but to do my whole house probably would be 30,000 bucks! Come on now! That’s irate!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

My husband and I had bought a home that had some Andersen windows installed so we thought we would continue replacing the old windows from this company. We had a front window replaced, a patio door with a matching handle and hinges, and they exam the existing windows for any defects for free. We were so happy with the great service! We began making payments but noticed a few months later our balance owed was now double? I attempted to get some information from numerous people and phone numbers for a total of seventeen months. I gave up for a long time because I have been battling with some health issues. We still make our payments on time and now we are trying to get a statement of work done from renewal by Andersen Windows once again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My husband and I placed an order for a $2500 oak Anderson window July 21, 2017 from Mentor Lumber and we worked with Tim ** to purchase the window. The window was delivered on time, we briefly inspected the window for gashes and dings in the wood and accepted the delivery but noted that there were sizable gaps in the corners that were not flush as they should have been. Mentor Lumber was notified of this and a service tech was sent to our house 1 week later. He informed us that all gaps could be corrected for with new stops. We waited another 4 weeks for the new window stops to be delivered and installed. We were still dissatisfied with gaps and the way the screens were fitting in the window. We were told by Tim ** that he would come out to our house to inspect the defects.

In late August Tim came out to our house and told us the gaps in were unacceptable and the frames in fact did not fit the windows. We were told once more to wait another 4 weeks for different parts to be ordered and were reassured that everything would fit properly. It is October 6 - we were supposed to receive a phone call this week regarding parts and/or update regarding what was being done to correct this issue. We have heard nothing and phone calls have been unreturned. Our window that was delivered July 21, 2017 is still sitting uncorrected by Mentor Lumber & Anderson Window on October 6, 2017. This is unacceptable. My husband and I will be contacting the company to have the window uninstalled. When paying $2500 for 1 window you have expectations. These expectations have continued to go unmet since July 21, 2017 to date.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The storm door is acceptable. I bought it from Home Depot. However the Andersen online chat person said that there was no difference between the inside and outside of the panel. Using this information I had solar protective film applied to the panel. However there is a difference, there is a lip on the inside of the panel and the door panel now has the film on the outside where it is not supposed to be.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Called number to verify if they had a showroom due to overly aggressive and lying sales rep. I gave them my phone number due to sales rep lying about installation for a neighbor. ** actually tried to hack my Google Account short time later. DO NOT approach this company in any way. I was nice when I called and explained why I was hesitant to give out other numbers. She still tried to play a very dangerous game. Employees who act out like this are a danger to the community at large and the tone is set from the top. There are other quality window companies in the national market. Don't bother with this one.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Problems with 200 Series Narrowline Andersen Gliding Door - I am a general contractor who's been in the business for nearly 30 years. This review is in reference to a kitchen remodel that was completed in August 2017. I made the suggestion to remove a 25 yr. old 5' French door and small bay window and replace both with a 3 panel, 12' sliding glass door. Other windows in the house were 20 year old Andersen Windows with the customer having no complaint issues with them. The door was purchased ($6,800) through a local lumber yard. It came delivered within 3 weeks of ordering. So far so good...

I assumed it would be a 3 panel unit with a continuous 12' sill and header (like Pella's) but it was 2 units. One being a standard 2 panel 8' slider. The other was a 4' fixed unit. The 2 units needed to be "mold" together with screws and silicone. Oh speaking of silicone (see pics) horrible sealant job! I can see sill/header leak problems eventually occurring at the joint where the 2 units meet. Interior trim issues were numerous. Gaps at joints, wood strips miscut, no pre-drilled holes for hardware or foot lock, and finally the retractable screen.

I've never seen so many parts and non-informative installation instructions. To adjust the tension on the screen, you need to physically remove the entire screen housing! What a flimsy, expensive excuse for a screen. I contacted Andersen for service on the retractable screen, the service guy said I should give it a good coat of WD-40 and that would fix the screen from gaping when opened or closed. I have a one word suggestion for all of you homeowners out there P E L L A !

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The sales person (Doug) measured 3 rooms, only 2 rooms were done. I ordered 4 windows only, 3 were ordered due to financing. Amount financed would have been $3,929. Douglas **. One room not done still cost me $4,911. After inquiring about the other room and window I was told it would cost me over a $1000.00.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I purchased 17 replacement windows for my home in February 2006 and spent over $21,000. It has been 11 years and the weather stripping on 3 of the south facing windows is falling off. They said they have had problems with that but won't cover it under warranty because the warranty is only 10 years. Also 5 or 6 of the window cranks are completely stripped and won't open or close.

I purchased these because I thought they were the best out there. When I went to their store in Roseville, MN they put me on the phone with one of their service managers. After I threatened to call the Attorney General he agreed to give me the weather stripping and window cranks but I have to install them myself. The lady at the front counter was rude and arrogant and smelled like she had been smoking cigarettes all day. I would not recommend these windows or this company to anyone and will tell all of my neighbors and 1000 plus Facebook friends not to buy their windows.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We ordered Andersen Windows for our new house on July 14. We were told they would be delivered by August 14. We are now being told that our order was not processed correctly in their system and our windows will not be delivered until September 11. This is holding back our entire building process as we cannot get electricity/HVAC etc. into the house until it is weatherproof. Our plywood is getting soaked every time it rains and we are also going to be paying more since our framers will have to return in four weeks with all their equipment to install the windows. Andersen admitted to the mistake but is doing nothing to expedite our order. It is beyond frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Oh boy... wish I had read the previous reviews prior to getting involved with Renewal by Andersen!!! I have been very interested in purchasing new replacement windows for my home for a very long time. My home was rebuilt in 2000 because my home of 35 yrs. was destroyed in the May 3, 1999 F5 tornado. The builder installed vinyl windows throughout my home. 3 to 4 yrs. ago all of the windows began failing. They are double paned windows and all of the seals began breaking and allowing condensation to form inside the windows. You cannot get to this area to clean it.

Additionally, about half of the windows are forming mold on the inside of the glass. I've been seeing the Fibrex windows advertised and was very interested in what the commercials had to say about them. I received a flyer in the mail from Renewal by Andersen advertising a huge sale, so decided to have them come out to obtain more information. The "so-called MANAGER" that came out, in my opinion, is a TOP-NOTCH SHYSTER!!! Lots of fast double-talk. HE did not sell me on the windows as I was already sold on them.

Now for the issue we are having: He met with me and my husband and informed us that the cost for the windows would be $25,266.00 (yikes). He stated, and I quote, "you are so lucky that I am the one that came to your home because I am a manager and I can offer you a deal that nobody else can offer you"... (He made that statement twice.) He emphatically stated that they would take care of the financing themselves and he offered us a 10 year loan at 1.8%. Our payments were to be $270/month at a fixed rate. So, unfortunately, we jumped on that and signed paperwork.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: We received the loan information from "their" bank on 8/24 (deadline to cancel the agreement was only 3 days after signing the agreement, which would have been on 8/23 - how convenient for them!). The bank information states that the windows are indeed $25,266 but... the interest on the loan is not the 1.8% this so-called manager stated but rather 6.99%!!! So this brings the total cost of the windows to a great big whopping $37,665.37!!!

I almost fainted when I read that!!! My husband attempted to call this so-called manager. Line was busy. Husband called back, got an answering machine. Husband left a message for a return call to us. Never got it. Husband called the bank/finance company and got nowhere. They needed an "account number" to look up the information, but there is no account number on any of our paperwork. Husband called the office of Renewal by Andersen, and the "manager" was not in. Nor did they know when to expect him. Husband told the man on the phone what the problem was, and the man on the other end of the phone stated "there's no way we could offer a 1.8% interest rate!!!"

So, bright and early this coming Monday morning (this is Saturday night) my husband and I are going to personally drive to this Renewal by Andersen office to try and get this mess straightened out. Luckily we have not signed anything that shows this 6.99% interest rate. AND... after reading the reviews about this company, I just want out of this mess.

My husband and I are both retired and we also both have part-time jobs to help make ends meet. There is no way we would have signed up for this type of cost to us. The interest rate alone is a total of $12,399.37!!! One would have to be a fool to agree to something this outrageous!!! I will follow up with another review after we meet with them on Monday morning. At this point in time, my advice to anyone reading these reviews is to RUN, DON'T. WALK FROM ANDERSEN AS fast as you can!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

We paid for window replacements in December, 2016 and had our windows replaced in January. The windows seemed good enough but not a single window screen fit the new windows. The installers noted this and took the window screens back with them in January. Thus began a tale of incompetence which is hard to believe. On three occasions, representatives from the Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania branch came out to "measure" the windows. After the first visit, we waited an intolerable 6 - 8 weeks for the modified screens to be delivered. Incredibly, not one screen fit when the representative came out to install them and one questions whether they did anything to rebuild the screens! Before he left the technician supposedly "measured" the windows and again took them back to the company.

After waiting another 6 - 8 weeks another installer came out with the "rebuilt" screens and remarkably not one screen fit. This installer seemingly took accurate measurements and again requested that the screens be modified for the new measurements. The screens were to be delivered some 6 weeks later only they were incredibly "left off" the delivery truck thus delaying delivery by another period of weeks. For an organization of this size, it is unheard of that such incompetence should exist. I would never recommend Renewal By Andersen to any acquaintance of mine and their policy of handling all problems from installation to service is completely fallacious.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Out of 5 1.0 out of 5. My Frenchwood slider door panels delaminated at the bottom like everyone else. The best they could do is give me 50% off and I could get them cheaper somewhere else. I'm a contractor and won't ever use a Andersen product ever again. I can't understand, they know about this problem and haven't fixed the problem yet!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We had a poor experience with Renewal by Andersen - actually, we continue to deal with it since their project is not yet complete, even after one month since install. Overall, the casement windows from the inside out look good, though they have to return for minor cosmetic touch ups, which they have agreed to do but with no date agreed upon yet. Our real problem is with the outside appearance. The install team removed the existing J-track but did not replace. This left an unsightly dark stain around the top of the window. The Renewal by Andersen team have come out 3 times to verify our concerns but each time they leave after stating that J-track was not part of the install. If it was, we should have asked. Though we never heard of a J-track until after the project.

Since Renewal by Andersen is not backing their project, we will have to hire a local contractor to complete the project. Amazing that we invested significant $s because we trusted the Renewal by Andersen experience only to be stiffed in the end and forced to go out and seek another contractor to finish the project. Recommend that you don't use Renewal by Andersen. You are better off going to Home Depot and purchasing similar quality windows and hiring a local contractor that stands by his/her work.

Original review: July 25, 2017

A casement bezel part of a lock needed replacement. I ordered the part. I was sent a plastic part instead of one like the original metal. I have had very good experience with Andersen Windows in the past. If this is the current Andersen product, I shall rethink buying their products.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Replacement Window Runaround: We purchased an Andersen 3000 series Universal Self-storing Aluminum Storm Door. While cutting grass a rock flew up & broke the stationary window in our storm door. I called Andersen Window & Storm doors on July 7, 2017 at 2:45 pm EST to order a replacement window. The agent was nice & placed my order. He stated it would take 10 business days to receive product. As of July 22nd, I haven't received my replacement. I then contacted Andersen in order to get tracking number. They tracked it for me & informed me that the window has a damage report on it as of July 13th as it arrived in Greensboro, NC. I contacted UPS & he stated an email was sent to Andersen Claims Dept on July 13th. I called Andersen back & they claim they never received it.

Mind you, both companies had our phone number. Neither one bothered to inform us or even send a replacement window for the replacement. I'm pissed... I then was informed by Andersen that they couldn't send window until Monday, 22nd & we may or may not receive it by Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Again, mind you that will be 20 days waiting on this replacement, replacements window that cost me over $80... what customer service, right? I pretty much done their work!!! Corporate office call or should I say COMPLAINT will be placed Monday MORNING!!! THANKS ANDERSEN OR I SHOULD SAY NO THANKS ANDERSEN!!!

Original review: July 15, 2017

We purchased our home in 2013 in the foothills of Colorado. The home was built in 1981 with probably one of the only Andersen windows available at the time, a vinyl clad window. Interesting to us is the fact that many of the homes back in Ohio had these very same windows and doors. The back of the house faces south so the southern windows have taken a beating at 7500 feet (wide temperature swings, variable weather from day to day, lots of sunshine)! All of the windows (fixed pane, casement and awning) worked just fine and the vinyl has held up reasonably well. In spite of this we decided we would price replacement windows for the entire home.

We had a Marvin rep. provide us with an onsite estimate for the top of the line extruded aluminum clad window and then we looked at the newer Andersen E-Series (Andersen purchased Eagle). We were very impressed with both but decided we could postpone the expense. Shortly after we moved in, a crank broke on one of the awning windows and Andersen's customer service was amazing in helping us to find a replacement part on a 36 year old window! We fixed the window easily with the replacement part. Unfortunately, an epic golf ball size hail storm hit us on May 8, 2017. Several windows broke and the vinyl cladding on many windows was shattered. Our insurance will cover replacement of a like-type window for the damaged windows. We plan to upgrade to aluminum clad and are now back to thinking about Andersen E-Series.

Someone also recommended that we look at Kolbe windows. We may also take another look at the Marvin aluminum clad windows. We are struggling with the fact that these Andersen's have lasted 36 years and their customer service has been tremendous!!! All of my comments about Andersen Windows pertain to Andersen Co. NOT Renewal By Andersen which is a separate company. Renewal By Andersen is a company that reminds me of ambulance chasers and from everything I have read the quality isn't the same as my windows. I am having a hard time finding reviews online for the Andersen E-Series windows although some locals highly recommend them. Others in my community are very happy with their Marvin windows. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I built a new house with about 40 windows and doors all Andersen. Most had seal failure within ten years the terratone vinyl frames. Cracked the sent epoxy and paint to cover it up. Looks horrible. The French patio doors had vinyl peeling off the outside due to glue failure. Their customer service representative Rannae ** was the worst person to have represent the company. She knew the company screwed up my replacement frame that was sent due to the old one cracking. They sent a frame for 2x4 walls and not 2x6 walls and refused to send the extension jambs. I would have fired her on the spot. My son just bought a new Andersen patio door for his house that he will be returning due to my experience. I will never buy Andersen windows again.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My 1988 Andersen casement window screens were old and could use replacement. I have seen the TruScene upgrades and made the mistake of ordering a set via Home Depot. I did that because they are cheaper that way. I still think the set that I received one week later came from China. I suspect UPS took the time to gently bend the frames and knee jerk the top of the cardboard. This did not affect the careless assembly of the screen from Anderson. The screens were almost 1/4 inch narrow at the middle which means they would not latch properly. They go back Friday. In fairness to the careless workmanship the materials they are using is flimsy compared to the 1988 frames.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I used the 100 series on a new home in Sedona, AZ. The sliding 8' doors are so heavy they require two hands to move. The dark bronze exterior causes the plastic trim pieces to slip down causing the sliding screen to jam and eventually break the wheels. A west facing casement window warped, it has a 1" bow in the middle. The plastic seal along the edge warps. Anderson sent out a tech, he worked on some of the problems but they are reoccurring due to the poor engineering and design. There are some excellent window manufacturers, Anderson is not one of them.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I have had my Andersen Patio Door Series 100 Sliding Glass Door for about 10 months. The weatherstripping is coming out and the locking mechanism has become very hard to operate. I contacted Andersen today and their position is that while parts are covered by the warranty, labor to fix the door is not. They said they will send me the parts, and also email me a "how to" video, and I can fix it myself. Alternatively, they will arrange for a technician for $200.

They do NOT cover labor costs at all, even when the customer has had the product for less than a year. I would have expected them to honor their product, and provide any necessary labor costs if within the first year. But they said they never warranty labor. Seems strange when the product is relatively new, and the problem is due to a deficiency in their product. Just be aware they don't fully stand behind their product.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I recently purchased an Andersen Door with insect Screen. The lock they sent with the door had a problem with the tumbler. The snap in plastic retainer system is flawed that's used to keep the glass/Insect screen on the door. They are flimsy and they do not stay in the grooves to keep the glass window or the screen door secure. Andersen should use the metal screw fasteners. The plastic retainers are cheaper to manufacture however, it affects the final outcome which is poor. All customer service will do is send you all the same equipment that is useless. Now I have a door that doesn't secure the insect screen nor does it secure the storm glass. Now I'm left to "Jerry Rig" the door every season to get the results I want... Bad Bad Product...

Original review: June 29, 2017

Oh Boy. Don't even know where to start. All I could say is their product is cheap quality and their warranty is a complete joke. I spent 30k on windows And patio doors. Less than a year it's all falling apart. Window seals are failing due to exposure to direct sunlight and Andersen advised me that is not covered under warranty. Issues with locks, issues with rollers... Complete crap...

Original review: June 28, 2017

Canadian and American sales reps came in to see me. We had a great meeting. Lots of samples, pictures and videos. Huge price tag... Was shocked at first. Then the discounts kicked in. So I went for it. 4 windows and a sliding door. The second measuring guy came to verify sizes. 6 weeks later they were installed by two guys. The inside framework done to perfection. Beautiful. The Guys were awesome. It took all day. This will be my window go to company from here on in. Windows and door are awesome.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Never! Again never buy Andersen Windows, basically rotted due to a design failure. When the two sashes come together on gliding windows, there is a foam gasket on the bottom of the seal which holds water and over time the wood wicks it up causing severe rot! 6 windows, 12 panels ruined in 8 years. Customer service is ridiculous... total of four different reps, on phone for a total of 3 hours over a 2 week period, multiple emails... Andersen deserves 0 stars. Buy Pella.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Our builder used Anderson Windows in our 2012 Inverness Home. The seal failed on one of their windows. They are charging us $20 to ship the window to our house and $350 to install. Pretty good scam if you ask me. Kind of kills any incentive to produce a quality product. Shame to take advantage of retirees. I wish them the best karma available.

Andersen Windows expert review by Joseph Truini

The Andersen Corporation is the largest door and window manufacturer in the United States. The company has been in business since 1903.

• Wide product offering: Andersen designs and manufacturers an extensive line of high-performance, energy-efficient windows and doors. It has four brands: Andersen vinyl-clad wood windows and patio doors; Renewal by Andersen, a line of low-maintenance replacement windows; Silver Line vinyl windows and patio doors; and American Craftsman vinyl windows and doors, which are sold exclusive through Home Depot.

• Sells internationally: Andersen sells windows in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America as well as in the United States.

• Large online library: Customers can read about how to choose the right products, how to install them and more on the company's website.

• Trains installers: Consumers must contract separately with third parties for installation, and Andersen offers certification in installing its products. The only exception is for Renewal replacement windows, which are installed by Andersen’s own group of highly trained contractors.

• Lots of options: Owners who want to create a custom look can easily mix and match shapes, materials and sizes from the large catalog of available windows.

• Online parts store: Owners who want to repair or replace windows and doors can find and purchase parts online through this company's website.

• Best for: Andersen Windows are best for homeowners, do-it-yourselfers, condo owners, landlords, business owners, and anyone interested in energy-efficient, well-built windows and doors.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Andersen Windows Company Information