3.9/5 (57 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Top Andersen Windows Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Our experience with Andersen and their track record over a number of years made me choose them… The nice thing is that I can do a customization based on where I'm putting a specif...

Verified

We picked double-hung windows from Andersen Windows as part of a renovation of the whole house. The contractor ordered them from a store that he works with and he put them in when...

Andersen Window types

Andersen Windows manufactures and sells multiple window styles, including:

• Awnings
  • Bay & bow
  • Single-hung
  • Double-hung
  • Casement
  • Specialty shapes

The company also offers window options and accessories, including energy-efficient windows, smart home windows, blinds, shades and window hardware.

Andersen Windows installation

Andersen Windows does not provide installation services. Instead, customers can install the windows themselves using Andersen Windows’ online instruction manuals or utilize the services of a local contractor.

While do-it-yourself installations are possible, it is recommended that customers partner with a local contractor to ensure the process is in compliance with all town and state codes in their area.

Andersen Windows prices

The cost of Andersen Windows’ products is based on the style of window and the means of purchase. For instance, custom-shaped windows are more expensive than standard single- or double-hung windows.

In addition, purchasing products directly from the manufacturer typically costs less than ordering through a certified Andersen Windows retailer. If you plan to have a professional install your new windows, factor the cost of labor into your total price.

Andersen Windows FAQ

How much do Andersen patio doors cost?
The cost of your Andersen patio door will vary based on the style and quality you choose. The customizable E-Series hinged patio door is among the highest at around $4,400 to $7,000 with installation. The 100-Series Fibrex patio door ranges from $1,000 to $1,800 without installation.
Where can I buy Andersen windows?
Andersen Windows' products are available for purchase around the United States at certified retailers. Search for a retailer near you on the Andersen Windows website.
Are Andersen Windows good?
Yes. Andersen Windows is known for using quality materials, including the Fibrex composite material made from thermoplastic PVC polymer and reclaimed wood fibers. This blend is two times stronger than vinyl, according to the company. The company’s multiple warranty options also factor into its reputation for quality products and service.
Are Andersen windows good quality?
Yes, Andersen Windows use high-quality materials, including its Fibrex material, wood, vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass.
Do Andersen windows have a lifetime warranty?
Specific Andersen Windows products, such as the vinyl windows and patio doors, come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Can Andersen windows be repaired?
Yes, Andersen Windows can be repaired.
How much do Andersen Windows cost?
Andersen Windows range from approximately $250 to $550 or more, depending on the window type and frame material.

Are Andersen Windows worth it?

Andersen Windows is a well-known manufacturer of residential windows and doors. Its products can be found at retailers across the country, making it easy to order locally or direct from the manufacturer. In addition to the company’s reasonable prices, the materials used are high-quality and include warranty options. Homeowners searching for quality windows and doors will likely find Andersen Windows meets or exceeds their expectations.

Andersen Windows Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I've had a couple of small issues, but the installer has been helping me with that. One lock broke and popped off so they're gonna replace that. Also, two of the window panes broke very quickly. When we moved to this house, half of the house had Andersen Windows that were probably placed in 2001 and half the house didn't. What we had replaced were the ones that hadn't been replaced. But the panes have changed. They used to have a hole drilled into the window itself. Now, they just sit in there and I’m finding that frustrating. They’re not as good as the old panes. They ordered new panes for me and they replaced those. They’ve been super nice, very communicative, and very helpful.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We went with Renewal by Andersen, assuming that that was part of Andersen. We had a window that needed to be renewed. We had terrible experience. A man came, he looked at it, and he went on the computer. The price jumped up, which wound up being four times the amount. There had been breakage to the large window in the middle and I needed it itemized so I can put it into a claim with my insurance company. The man said they do not do that. Their windows are so good that people pay straight out and don't go through insurance. It was insane and that comment made no sense. People do not portray themselves in business that way.

Instead of giving up on Andersen, I called again and this time it was just the Andersen number. I got somebody who was very informational about the difference between that company and the other Andersen company I was talking to and gave me the name of someone. We called him and we explained what we wanted. He said he needed to come and look at our window. A week later, he still hadn't called us back to make an appointment. I called him and he said, "I work on $30,000 jobs. I don't have really time to do a window like that." That was unacceptable for a business.

Andersen has some people representing them that are not up to working for the benefit of the company. But I still wanted Andersen. I called the number back and told the rep what happened. She said she was going to report that to somebody. She then gave me another number and this time, I was really apprehensive. But I called this number and the people were wonderful. A woman came to our house three times to answer our questions before they wound up doing the job. The day they were supposed to put the window in, the crew came and she stayed on the site the whole time as a helper. She had two workers that were working on the window and they did a lovely job. Once again, Andersen shined through somehow.

Overall, we wound up waiting a while for the window but that's understandable in today's world. I love the Andersen Windows. I would tell others, "Be aware. If you have trouble, just keep calling back until you get a company that you feel comfortable with, which is what we did. And I'm glad because I'm happy with the whole thing."

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Jason and the Sightline Builders, Inc team, stepped up to the plate with our new door installation. We purchased a home that has four existing Andersen standard and sliding doors. Your team contacted sightline Builders as an authorized installer. Jason came out, measured our existing doors, matching the same model. With the new door ordered, Jason installed two of the three new Yale keyless locks. With our door finally received from Anderson, our installation date set, we were excited to get this door installed. Unfortunately, the Sightline Builders didn't order the door correctly, assuming we had the same door frame as the others. This door was from before the initial remodel twenty years ago.

Jason readily admitted his mistake and went above and beyond making the installation right. A new door frame had to be built along with a matching threshold. The amount of detail that Jason and the team did to make it right exceeded our expectations. Jason installed the new door and locks perfectly with professionally done drywall, stucco, caulking, and finishes. All that is left is for us to paint! We highly recommend Jason and Sightline Builders, Inc. for going above and beyond to complete our project!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I was redoing our kitchen and remodeling the floorplan and Ultimate Remodelers in Lombard, Illinois, the contractor that I worked with, recommended the Andersen brand. There were so many options. I was able to look at different options between a bay window or a standard window, and then the custom sizing of the windows was really quick as well. The kitchen window was put in a week and a half after I ordered and it was installed in one day. The handles that were on the new window seem to have had an issue though. They broke off on both sides. There's a weird little metal piece that's different in them. It’s different from the original Andersen windows that I had with the house. I reached out to Ultimate Remodelers about that issue earlier today, and they said they're going to try to take a look at it. For right now, we just got one window, but I'm happy with the brand and in the future, I’ll probably get more windows done.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

When the Andersen windows are shut and they're locked, you can't hear anything. There's no wind, the noise from outside is blocked. They're really good windows. The other thing I liked about the windows is that the exterior is very weather resistant. The harsh sun and the wind in Colorado make it really hard on windows. Then, on the inside, with the wood finish, because of the way manufacturing is delayed right now, we ordered them with a pre-color or pre-stain. But they were able to get the windows and they weren't finished, which I was fine with that because the contractor that installed them has a staining team. The staining team came out and took care of everything and matched them to the color that my mom wanted, and they did a really good job. Everything turned out well.

They also told me everything that they were going to be doing. They had a little bit of a challenge 'cause it's a log home, so it wasn't the standard installation like you just rip them out and put new ones in. They had to do a little bit of additional work. But they told me exactly when they were going to start and they got done ahead of time. They also did a phenomenal job cleaning up.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I waited nearly a year for the window due to supply chain issues. Within the first month or two of using the retractable screen the window to which it was attached partially detached. I called and was told that they would not fix, but that I would have to fix it. They then sent me a new screen. My problem was not with the screen, but rather the attachment to the window. Contacted them again and now they are sending me a replacement window as well, but STILL refuse to send someone to repair their defective product. I wish I could bill them for my time and labor on this.

Andersen Windows response

Hi Jim, Thank you for your review. Andersen's warranty covers issues in manufacturing and replacement parts may be covered under warranty. Our warranty does not cover labor to install. To view our warranties online please visit our website at: https://www.andersenwindows.com/support/warranty/ Thank you!

Original review: April 22, 2022

I have never liked how the windows fold out for cleaning. But we are seeing unusual rotting in the windows that are only 15 years old. I would never have these windows installed again. The windows are the E series.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that your product failed out of the warranty period. Please call our service department at 855-337-8825 to see if we can assist you further. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I have an Andersen Bay window that was installed in 1991-according to Andersen the warranty on the glass is only good for 20 years yet their website claims a lifetime warranty. They offered to sell me replacement sashes which I would have to get installed at my expense. I have to replace the window at great expense and no significant help from them.

Andersen Windows response

Hi Lynn, Your Andersen windows are 12 years outside the 20 year manufacturer warranty. We have attached a copy of the warranty from our website for your review. Replacement sashes would not be sent out at no cost. Andersen's warranty does not cover the cost of re-installation of replacement parts or units.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

The grids and sash of the windows arrived broken, but it was resolved quickly. The quality has been great so far.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

We had Renewal by Andersen come out as well as a local window company. Renewal by Andersen was just a little too pricey for us so we went with the local company and they happened to use the Andersen Window products. We had piecemealed a bay window together that wasn't a bay window in two of the rooms so we replaced those. So far, they seem like pretty good products. When it was in the late fall, the windows opened beautifully. The only thing that we've noticed is that it does still pool a pretty good amount of condensation and the humidity in the house isn't super high. We're a little concerned and we're going to contact the local company about it.

Andersen Windows Company Information