2.9/5 (38 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Top Andersen Windows Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Our experience with Andersen and their track record over a number of years made me choose them… The nice thing is that I can do a customization based on where I'm putting a specif...

Verified

We picked double-hung windows from Andersen Windows as part of a renovation of the whole house. The contractor ordered them from a store that he works with and he put them in when...

Andersen Window types

Andersen Windows manufactures and sells multiple window styles, including:

• Awnings
  • Bay & bow
  • Single-hung
  • Double-hung
  • Casement
  • Specialty shapes

The company also offers window options and accessories, including energy-efficient windows, smart home windows, blinds, shades and window hardware.

Andersen Windows installation

Andersen Windows does not provide installation services. Instead, customers can install the windows themselves using Andersen Windows’ online instruction manuals or utilize the services of a local contractor.

While do-it-yourself installations are possible, it is recommended that customers partner with a local contractor to ensure the process is in compliance with all town and state codes in their area.

Andersen Windows prices

The cost of Andersen Windows’ products is based on the style of window and the means of purchase. For instance, custom-shaped windows are more expensive than standard single- or double-hung windows.

In addition, purchasing products directly from the manufacturer typically costs less than ordering through a certified Andersen Windows retailer. If you plan to have a professional install your new windows, factor the cost of labor into your total price.

Andersen Windows FAQ

How much do Andersen patio doors cost?
The cost of your Andersen patio door will vary based on the style and quality you choose. The customizable E-Series hinged patio door is among the highest at around $4,400 to $7,000 with installation. The 100-Series Fibrex patio door ranges from $1,000 to $1,800 without installation.
Where can I buy Andersen windows?
Andersen Windows' products are available for purchase around the United States at certified retailers. Search for a retailer near you on the Andersen Windows website.
Are Andersen Windows good?
Yes. Andersen Windows is known for using quality materials, including the Fibrex composite material made from thermoplastic PVC polymer and reclaimed wood fibers. This blend is two times stronger than vinyl, according to the company. The company’s multiple warranty options also factor into its reputation for quality products and service.
Are Andersen windows good quality?
Yes, Andersen Windows use high-quality materials, including its Fibrex material, wood, vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass.
Do Andersen windows have a lifetime warranty?
Specific Andersen Windows products, such as the vinyl windows and patio doors, come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Can Andersen windows be repaired?
Yes, Andersen Windows can be repaired.
How much do Andersen Windows cost?
Andersen Windows range from approximately $250 to $550 or more, depending on the window type and frame material.

Are Andersen Windows worth it?

Andersen Windows is a well-known manufacturer of residential windows and doors. Its products can be found at retailers across the country, making it easy to order locally or direct from the manufacturer. In addition to the company’s reasonable prices, the materials used are high-quality and include warranty options. Homeowners searching for quality windows and doors will likely find Andersen Windows meets or exceeds their expectations.

Andersen Windows Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

We had Renewal by Andersen come out as well as a local window company. Renewal by Andersen was just a little too pricey for us so we went with the local company and they happened to use the Andersen Window products. We had piecemealed a bay window together that wasn't a bay window in two of the rooms so we replaced those. So far, they seem like pretty good products. When it was in the late fall, the windows opened beautifully. The only thing that we've noticed is that it does still pool a pretty good amount of condensation and the humidity in the house isn't super high. We're a little concerned and we're going to contact the local company about it.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I've had a couple of small issues, but the installer has been helping me with that. One lock broke and popped off so they're gonna replace that. Also, two of the window panes broke very quickly. When we moved to this house, half of the house had Andersen Windows that were probably placed in 2001 and half the house didn't. What we had replaced were the ones that hadn't been replaced. But the panes have changed. They used to have a hole drilled into the window itself. Now, they just sit in there and I’m finding that frustrating. They’re not as good as the old panes. They ordered new panes for me and they replaced those. They’ve been super nice, very communicative, and very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The reps were fantastic. They were very professional and did a great job. The timeline was a bit protracted though. They said there were some supply chain issues, and they had some difficulty obtaining part of the window. But they told us how long it was going to take and their estimate was accurate so there wasn't a problem with that. We appreciate the estimate being accurate. We had a custom window put in and it was an odd space. The house is a hundred years old and Andersen needed to match the rest of the windows so it's almost like a custom project. So far, the window looks fantastic. The installation was great so we're happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We went with Renewal by Andersen, assuming that that was part of Andersen. We had a window that needed to be renewed. We had terrible experience. A man came, he looked at it, and he went on the computer. The price jumped up, which wound up being four times the amount. There had been breakage to the large window in the middle and I needed it itemized so I can put it into a claim with my insurance company. The man said they do not do that. Their windows are so good that people pay straight out and don't go through insurance. It was insane and that comment made no sense. People do not portray themselves in business that way.

Instead of giving up on Andersen, I called again and this time it was just the Andersen number. I got somebody who was very informational about the difference between that company and the other Andersen company I was talking to and gave me the name of someone. We called him and we explained what we wanted. He said he needed to come and look at our window. A week later, he still hadn't called us back to make an appointment. I called him and he said, "I work on $30,000 jobs. I don't have really time to do a window like that." That was unacceptable for a business.

Andersen has some people representing them that are not up to working for the benefit of the company. But I still wanted Andersen. I called the number back and told the rep what happened. She said she was going to report that to somebody. She then gave me another number and this time, I was really apprehensive. But I called this number and the people were wonderful. A woman came to our house three times to answer our questions before they wound up doing the job. The day they were supposed to put the window in, the crew came and she stayed on the site the whole time as a helper. She had two workers that were working on the window and they did a lovely job. Once again, Andersen shined through somehow.

Overall, we wound up waiting a while for the window but that's understandable in today's world. I love the Andersen Windows. I would tell others, "Be aware. If you have trouble, just keep calling back until you get a company that you feel comfortable with, which is what we did. And I'm glad because I'm happy with the whole thing."

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Jason and the Sightline Builders, Inc team, stepped up to the plate with our new door installation. We purchased a home that has four existing Andersen standard and sliding doors. Your team contacted sightline Builders as an authorized installer. Jason came out, measured our existing doors, matching the same model. With the new door ordered, Jason installed two of the three new Yale keyless locks. With our door finally received from Anderson, our installation date set, we were excited to get this door installed. Unfortunately, the Sightline Builders didn't order the door correctly, assuming we had the same door frame as the others. This door was from before the initial remodel twenty years ago.

Jason readily admitted his mistake and went above and beyond making the installation right. A new door frame had to be built along with a matching threshold. The amount of detail that Jason and the team did to make it right exceeded our expectations. Jason installed the new door and locks perfectly with professionally done drywall, stucco, caulking, and finishes. All that is left is for us to paint! We highly recommend Jason and Sightline Builders, Inc. for going above and beyond to complete our project!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Warranty are worth garbage. Warranty for storm door is only for original owner. They are not transferrable to new owners of the house. Even if in the mortgage all warranties were transferred to new homeowners. Terrible customer service. Stuck with leaking doors. I was also told the doors are "not waterproof".

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. While installing a storm door helps to reduce the amount of air or water that reaches your entry door, it is important to keep in mind that your storm door is intended to reduce the amount of exposure your entry door has to the outside elements and may not prevent all water or air from reaching your entry door.

Andersen Storm Doors do not carry a transferable warranty.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

For those who plan to purchase hardware for an older Andersen storm door, save your $. I spoke with 2 phone reps who "ASSURED" me the door hardware I was ordering would fit after I provided the serial number from the door. It didn't. I tried to get Andersen to email me a return shipping label since both reps I spoke with during the ordering process "ASSURED" me the parts would fit. The rep I spoke with in regard to the return process blamed me stating, "I was the one that gave them the serial #". During the conversation there was mention that their parts had been modified / updated...which is likely the reason they wouldn't fit my door. Long story short, I not only will pay for return shipping but also a .24 cent restocking fee.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the incorrect part number being sent to you. We have processed a refund for your parts and have sent out the appropriate trim set for your Andersen Storm Door as a goodwill.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Andersen are sold as a long lasting window. After purchase, you need to replace screens, replace weather stripping, fix astragals from time to time. In my experience with my multifamily and single family units, I have found that the support to supply parts is just nonexistent. I would never never use Andersen windows in any new or renovation project and stick with a more reliable partner, or a less expensive one where the replacement cost was less an issue. Their quality of material is also not that good; pine does not hold up very well.

Andersen Windows response

William, we are sorry to hear about your issues you are having with Andersen product. Please contact us at 855-337-8825, hours are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm Central. We would like to further assist you, thank you.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I have a home full of Andersen windows, and they are great, until you need replacement parts. The ordering website is good, but the parts they send are not the same as the original. I waited 6 months for a front door screen. It was poorly made, and bent when it arrived. Called about a replacement window screen. Paid $175.00 for a screen that doesn’t fit properly. They refused my return. Ordered a second. It has taken so long my credit card has expired and I still don’t have it. My Grandfather worked for Andersen for 30 years and he would roll over in his grave if he heard about this.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience with Andersen Windows & Doors and are committed to making this right. A full refund for the TruScreen screen has been processed. Your second screen order is being processed as a no-charge goodwill and will be shipped to your home.

Resolution response: July 6, 2022

I recently contacted Andersen Windows in regards to my windows exterior vinyl peeling, I understood the warranty was 10years and this issue is happening at 11 years. Andersen Windows would not honor the replacements under warranty and the initial cost was beyond our capacity as I’am retired and on fixed income.

I was disappointed when no other option was available and I submitted a review of my frustrations, within two days I received a response from Andersen with a contact number for service and was offered a substantial discount to resolve the issue which I accepted. Thank you Andersen Windows for your generosity and understanding of old folk and fixed income especially in these hard times.

Sincerely,

Mike.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Built our home in 2010, used Andersen exclusively, 11 years later the exterior vinyl is cracking and peeling on the sashes, called Andersen, sorry warranty is up. Replacement sashes $2004.37 that’s without installation cost. Andersen offered no help or a solution. Can’t paint over it and can’t remove the vinyl either. The wood sash is starting to show signs of water damage thru the cracks in the vinyl. This is our forever home as my wife and I are retired and on SSI. Replacement windows appears to be the only option at this time and definitely not Andersen windows.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that your product failed out of the warranty period. Please call our service department at 855-337-8825 to see if we can assist you further. Thank you.

Andersen Windows Company Information