2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Andersen Windows Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

PROS

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

CONS

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Top Andersen Windows Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Our experience with Andersen and their track record over a number of years made me choose them… The nice thing is that I can do a customization based on where I'm putting a specific door, what I wanted to do and how I want it to be finished. … Their customer service is great.

We picked double-hung windows from Andersen Windows as part of a renovation of the whole house. The contractor ordered them from a store that he works with and he put them in when we were ready… They’re easy to clean and easy to use. I would definitely recommend it.

Andersen Window types

Andersen Windows manufactures and sells multiple window styles, including:

• Awnings
  • Bay & bow
  • Single-hung
  • Double-hung
  • Casement
  • Specialty shapes

The company also offers window options and accessories, including energy-efficient windows, smart home windows, blinds, shades and window hardware.

Andersen Windows installation

Andersen Windows does not provide installation services. Instead, customers can install the windows themselves using Andersen Windows’ online instruction manuals or utilize the services of a local contractor.

While do-it-yourself installations are possible, it is recommended that customers partner with a local contractor to ensure the process is in compliance with all town and state codes in their area.

Andersen Windows prices

The cost of Andersen Windows’ products is based on the style of window and the means of purchase. For instance, custom-shaped windows are more expensive than standard single- or double-hung windows.

In addition, purchasing products directly from the manufacturer typically costs less than ordering through a certified Andersen Windows retailer. If you plan to have a professional install your new windows, factor the cost of labor into your total price.

Andersen Windows FAQ

How much do Andersen patio doors cost?
The cost of your Andersen patio door will vary based on the style and quality you choose. The customizable E-Series hinged patio door is among the highest at around $4,400 to $7,000 with installation. The 100-Series Fibrex patio door ranges from $1,000 to $1,800 without installation.
Where can I buy Andersen windows?
Andersen Windows' products are available for purchase around the United States at certified retailers. Search for a retailer near you on the Andersen Windows website.
Are Andersen Windows good?
Yes. Andersen Windows is known for using quality materials, including the Fibrex composite material made from thermoplastic PVC polymer and reclaimed wood fibers. This blend is two times stronger than vinyl, according to the company. The company’s multiple warranty options also factor into its reputation for quality products and service.
Are Andersen windows good quality?
Yes, Andersen Windows use high-quality materials, including its Fibrex material, wood, vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass.
Do Andersen windows have a lifetime warranty?
Specific Andersen Windows products, such as the vinyl windows and patio doors, come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Can Andersen windows be repaired?
Yes, Andersen Windows can be repaired.
How much do Andersen Windows cost?
Andersen Windows range from approximately $250 to $550 or more, depending on the window type and frame material.

Are Andersen Windows worth it?

Andersen Windows is a well-known manufacturer of residential windows and doors. Its products can be found at retailers across the country, making it easy to order locally or direct from the manufacturer. In addition to the company’s reasonable prices, the materials used are high-quality and include warranty options. Homeowners searching for quality windows and doors will likely find Andersen Windows meets or exceeds their expectations.

Andersen Windows Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had a lot of experience with Andersen. When I initially bought my house, I put in all my own windows so Andersen Windows was the logical choice when I went to replace them. I bought it from Home Depot and installed the sliding patio door. What you had to buy was a little confusing. Instead of you buying a kit, you kinda bought things a la carte. You buy the three pieces, then you bought the two others and then you had to buy another piece. At the Home Depot that I went to, I was told I needed this, this, and this, but I didn't. And there was a fourth piece that I had to go run out and buy because it wasn't apparent to me that I needed the part. It didn't come with any handle, which was the dumbest thing. And that was not even talked about. I was also kinda taken back that Andersen didn't include hardware anymore. And the hardware was extremely expensive.

We love the quality of the windows. I stepped up a little bit to the 400 Series and I'm very, very happy with its very warm door. We had the original one in the dining room and it was much colder. The new one is much better insulated and has the blinds inside it. We also love its wood finish. I love the door. However, I would not go for their lowest quality. I'd go for middle or top of the line. There's a huge difference between their economy brands.

I also had Andersen come in on my original windows because the gas had been depleted within the windows. They were reflecting over time and it just naturally happened. The windows went concave and became powerful lenses that refracted sunlight onto the ground and burned things. It actually melted a garbage can. Andersen came, measured the panes and every single window and replaced a whole bunch of them.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

The builder installed our Andersen in 86 when they were building the house. I'm in manufacturing, so I wanted to buy the best. If things have been built right, they are not out of square. They function over the years. They were the first ones that had that reflecting liner that did not allow certain ultraviolet, and it was high-tech. We had to special order them when we got them, and we were like the first.

We are up on a hot side of a hill facing north. I've had it where it is still windy, where the windows start to swing, they start to oscillate from the air pressure against them. It is a good product. When things have been built right, they are not out of square. They function over the years. A couple of the strings broke and you can buy a kit to rebuild it, like the sash weight mechanism. I have had these for many years and they must be a good company. I'm an Andersen advocate. There are those house flipper people and they just put in the cheapest crap they can find, and that can be dangerous.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I used to build homes up north and I’ve used Andersen there. I got my casement windows at a good price from Home Depot, where they had a sale going on. I like that they are composite fiberglass. Being in Texas, I didn’t want vinyl or wood. And the U-factor is better than a lot, especially, at the price. One of the windows, however, was not closing properly. I had to put some pressure on the outside to get it to close. And once it closed, it adjusted itself. I left it closed for about a month, and when I reopened it, it has been working fine since. But I’ve had two issues with it. One is that the cranks are a little difficult sometimes. Also, the sleeves that go over the locking lever like to pop out. I never called Andersen about that because they pop back in, and it’s just a matter of fixing it myself which is not a big deal, but it’s one of those that could be done better.

Still, I would recommend Andersen. They were pretty responsive. At first, I had a little problem with Home Depot when I had the problem with the one locking. But I insisted, and they finally reached out to Andersen. A guy was scheduled to come see me, but by the time he would’ve gotten here, the window had fixed itself. So I just canceled the meeting with them. And it has been a good window. In the past, I’ve used other brands, like Pella, and a lot of people down here are using the Ply Gem, which is a contractor-grade window. And I just didn’t want them. This is our forever home, so I want to put a good window in.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I had friends who were very insistent that I get Andersen and not another one. They said they were better, so that was why I got them. The windows are of very good quality. I discovered that windows are very expensive and it doesn’t matter what brand. You think you’re gonna spend so much money, and you end up spending a lot more. So, I felt the Andersen Windows were fairly priced. I had my own contractor install the windows and he was very good. He was the one that kinda pushed me to get the Andersen. He has worked with them before, and he liked them for installation.

I would recommend Andersen. After I got the windows, one of the screens was ripped. I had ordered them through Home Depot, so I went back to Home Depot with the screen, and they just handed me one off the shelf. Come to find out the Andersen screen was custom, so it didn’t really fit. It was a mess at Home Depot. I said I was going to call Andersen and I did. Andersen sent me out a new screen, and it worked out very well. They took care of it in no time. I called them several times on different things, and they’ve been very helpful too.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We quoted Marvin and we quoted Pella, and we ended up getting Andersen from a lumber yard and then having our own contractor come and put them in. We got 22 windows and it was the best deal for us. It took about eight weeks for all the windows and then the installation was about two weeks, but it was delayed because of rain. Still, we love the windows. We also had a manufacturer defect in one of our windows and Andersen came out and fixed it pretty quickly, and they did a nice job. They came out within a couple of days of the time that we had the problem. They had to order some parts, and then they came and fixed it when the parts came in a week later.

My only one concern is that when we open them, if we’re not paying attention or if we don’t realize it, they go all the way up to the top and they can hit the top. The first time I went to open a window, I opened it and I pushed it all the way up, and then the lock hit the top and it made a dent in the wood. Maybe there should be some kind of stopper from Andersen so that people don’t damage their own windows by opening them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We have many windows in this house. The Andersen windows installed when we built many years ago have screens that fit. We recently had two new 400 series windows installed which have unacceptable gaps between the screen frame and the casement. I would be embarrassed to sell these to people. Had I known my very expensive new windows would have inferior screens, and that the business who sold them to me would not take this seriously, I would have made a different selection.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. The screen can be gently flexed to close the gap on the frame. If you would like to discuss this with our service team, please call at 855-337-8825.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We purchased the midview storm door 400 Emco. We had a previous Emco door which was very good. They are under Andersen now. The door is very poorly constructed. The interior side is pieced together. Very sharp edges protruding. Molding around window loose. Tried dealing with customer service. Unfortunately they are outsourced. Could not understand person. Dealing with email, she couldn't get my name correct. But most importantly the issues were not taken care of. Basically I was told to live with the door and to sand and take care of the sharp edges myself. I would not buy this door nor recommend to others. I submitted pictures as evidence to them. Went and bought a Larson door. What a difference! Higher quality and well manufactured door.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for expressing your concern. If we can be of assistance, please call our corporate service department at 855-337-8825.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

On 8/11 I called about a door hinge rail and was told lookup the serial number and go online to order it. If I ordered early the first day would count as part of the 1-4 day process and even with that, it should ship in 1-2 days. On early 8/12 I ordered (order # **) the part # 38577 door hinge rail. On Monday 8/17 I checked online and my order was still in process. I called and got a foreign man who told me that it takes 11 days and forget about the 1-2 day thing. I asked for a supervisor and was given a story, put on hold for 45 min and then hung up on. On 8/14 (7 days after ordering...) it's still in process not even shipped. I called again and got nowhere but spoke to a supervisor who was useless as all support has been. It's now 8/20 and still in process! Can't get to speak to someone in US as I get put on hold then hung up on after a long wait every time I requested. I have no storm door on my house and this poor service with foreign product help is just wrong.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. After reviewing your order we see your part arriving to you on August 26th. Andersen's production facility was hit with a derecho that delayed shipment. We will review your calls and use them as training opportunities for future communications with Andersen.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

We built a new cabin in Northern Wisconsin in 2018. We purchased the E-series windows because they have blinds between the window panes. We had a similar product that we loved from another company in 2 previous houses so we were eager to try Andersen's "new and improved" version. The windows were placed in the fall. The blinds arrived bent and the strings that raise/lower the blinds for one window broke immediately. They came to straighten the blinds but you can still tell where they were bent.

During the winter all the windows had condensation half way up. We have not had that problem with new windows in any of three houses in the last 20 years, same climate. The Andersen rep told us it was because we had high humidity due to the new construction. We are in northern Wisconsin. High humidity in the winter does not occur! But we patiently waited through a second winter. No improvement. One of the windows cracked and they did replace it. Now there is mildew along all the casements. My husband took them all down and cleaned them. Andersen's customer service reps are very nice but the company will not replace the windows. They state the E-series is being re-engineered and they admit there are faults with them. They will not give us any other product to replace these. And recently another string used to raise/lower the blinds has broken.

Our area is experiencing a gnat infestation. These windows are so open at the bottom that these gnats crawl in under the windows. We vacuum the window sills every morning because they are covered with gnats! So unless you like condensation, broken blinds, mildew and gnats inside your house I don't recommend purchasing the E-series windows. Other companies have better products and I wish we had used ones we were happy with in the past, even if we had to get service from a greater distance.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. Condensation on the interior of the glass is caused by high humidity in the home; this is not considered a manufacturing issue that would be covered under warranty. If your blinds are broken or malfunctioning, or to learn more about managing condensation, please call at 855-335-8825 for further assistance.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I bought 4 x Andersen E Series Eagle patio doors. 3 of them are 8-foot patio doors. 2 of the doors get stuck when the outside temperature hits over 90 directly under the sun. When It cools outside and temperature goes down, the doors open fine. I bought these during my remodeling in early 2019. I noticed the problem during the hot July month and I called Andersen. They sent over a contractor in August 2019 who said that the patio doors were not installed properly and he was showing me all sort of ways to prove why it was not installed properly.

I am an experienced home builder and this guy could not explain what not installing properly has to do with doors getting stuck when outside temperature goes over 90. His only explanation was the metal base frame expands and retracts under the heat and because the patio doors were not installed properly, when the metal frame bends, the doors get stock to it.

By the way, this metal he is talking about is made from steal and it is not possible to bend by not installing a door properly. I let it go until this summer 2020 and again the door get stock once July temperatures hit over 90 during the peak of the day. I took video of door getting stuck and opening properly both during cool and hot outside temperature. On top of that, one of the doors, the glass broke without any reason. I called Andersen and they would not take responsibility for it and I had to pay about $700+ to have a new glass sent to me. I passed on the $2000 to have it replaced by them since again, I am an experience home builder. I am going to continue documenting this issue and call Andersen again. This thing is diffidently going to go to court if they don't take responsibility for it.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. Andersen's products are designed for all climates throughout the United States. Andersen covers issues in manufacturing for ten years non-glass components and twenty years on glass for manufacturing defects. Andersen sent a service provider in 2019 and found nothing that would be covered under the limited warranty. Please contact our Consumer Support at 855-337-8825 if you have further questions.

Andersen Windows Company Information