3.6/5 (42 ratings)

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Top Andersen Windows Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Verified

Our experience with Andersen and their track record over a number of years made me choose them… The nice thing is that I can do a customization based on where I'm putting a specif...

Verified

We picked double-hung windows from Andersen Windows as part of a renovation of the whole house. The contractor ordered them from a store that he works with and he put them in when...

Andersen Window types

Andersen Windows manufactures and sells multiple window styles, including:

• Awnings
  • Bay & bow
  • Single-hung
  • Double-hung
  • Casement
  • Specialty shapes

The company also offers window options and accessories, including energy-efficient windows, smart home windows, blinds, shades and window hardware.

Andersen Windows installation

Andersen Windows does not provide installation services. Instead, customers can install the windows themselves using Andersen Windows’ online instruction manuals or utilize the services of a local contractor.

While do-it-yourself installations are possible, it is recommended that customers partner with a local contractor to ensure the process is in compliance with all town and state codes in their area.

Andersen Windows prices

The cost of Andersen Windows’ products is based on the style of window and the means of purchase. For instance, custom-shaped windows are more expensive than standard single- or double-hung windows.

In addition, purchasing products directly from the manufacturer typically costs less than ordering through a certified Andersen Windows retailer. If you plan to have a professional install your new windows, factor the cost of labor into your total price.

Andersen Windows FAQ

How much do Andersen patio doors cost?
The cost of your Andersen patio door will vary based on the style and quality you choose. The customizable E-Series hinged patio door is among the highest at around $4,400 to $7,000 with installation. The 100-Series Fibrex patio door ranges from $1,000 to $1,800 without installation.
Where can I buy Andersen windows?
Andersen Windows' products are available for purchase around the United States at certified retailers. Search for a retailer near you on the Andersen Windows website.
Are Andersen Windows good?
Yes. Andersen Windows is known for using quality materials, including the Fibrex composite material made from thermoplastic PVC polymer and reclaimed wood fibers. This blend is two times stronger than vinyl, according to the company. The company’s multiple warranty options also factor into its reputation for quality products and service.
Are Andersen windows good quality?
Yes, Andersen Windows use high-quality materials, including its Fibrex material, wood, vinyl, aluminum and fiberglass.
Do Andersen windows have a lifetime warranty?
Specific Andersen Windows products, such as the vinyl windows and patio doors, come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Can Andersen windows be repaired?
Yes, Andersen Windows can be repaired.
How much do Andersen Windows cost?
Andersen Windows range from approximately $250 to $550 or more, depending on the window type and frame material.

Are Andersen Windows worth it?

Andersen Windows is a well-known manufacturer of residential windows and doors. Its products can be found at retailers across the country, making it easy to order locally or direct from the manufacturer. In addition to the company’s reasonable prices, the materials used are high-quality and include warranty options. Homeowners searching for quality windows and doors will likely find Andersen Windows meets or exceeds their expectations.

Andersen Windows Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

When I met with the contractor, I was super impressed by his experience, approach and qualifications. Price-wise, it was very similar to Pella but I was more comfortable having a stronger direct relationship with the contractor. The windows are amazing. I love them. We've gotten so many compliments in our neighborhood of how good they look. The window of the sliding piece is more narrow, so there's more window than with the vinyl. We didn't think about this, but the windows look so much larger because there's more glass because they're wood. I was super happy with the installation. It ended up being more expensive than I thought it would be. But I'm happy to spend the extra money for the wood. I'm happy with the quality.

The biggest issues that I had were related to supply chain. Once we ordered the windows, it took six months to get the windows in. When the contractor came to install the windows, they opened the first one up and found out that Andersen had sent the wrong windows. We have a 4-inch exterior wall and the windows that were sent were for a 6-inch exterior wall. There were a couple of different options for how to deal with that. One of the options was to return a $20,000 worth of windows to Andersen and have Andersen remake them.

We weren't super excited about that because it'd taken six months to get the windows in the first place. What we ended up doing was the contractor was able to put the windows in, but they had to redo all of the framing on the interior and exterior and they needed to get a certain part from Andersen. We decided that would be the better way and he negotiated with Andersen, that Anderson would pick up the extra labor material cost for redoing all the trim. It took three months to get the part in that they needed. It took nine months to get the windows in from the time that we ordered them.

It worked out and I put a lot of that to our contractor. I'm doing additional work and the fact that he was authorized by Andersen with the extended warranty was a big deal for me. He was great in terms of trying to make the best out of a potentially very bad situation. It took less time than it would have taken to redo the order with the right windows. It ended up saving Andersen some money because they would have taken a huge hit and loss had they had to redo the whole order. I appreciate the contractor to think out of the box and find a solution. I've recommended Andersen and this contractor to a bunch of neighbors.

Get buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

My family has always had Andersen Windows. I'm from Minnesota, so I'm familiar with the brand. And we've replaced a few of our windows in our house over the years and have been impressed with the quality. So, we just wanted to replace the rest with Andersen windows as well. Some were fixed and some opened. Who we ordered the window replacement through, Windows by Jeff, gave us a six-month time window. And that's what it took. They were extremely hardworking. Had strong attention to detail. They were so good at what they do. That's why we felt comfortable going back to them. And they did an amazing job. Compared to all of the home projects we've done, they have been the best to work with. I would recommend Andersen Windows. The products hold up, and you won't be disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

My husband has got Andersen Windows in his house from over 30 years ago. But we got one window that needs to be fixed and we just had the sliding doors put in. We were going to wait till it gets warmer out because there are two blinds pinched inside the sliding door and it looks like they're gonna drip water off the blind. So we got the blinds inside the door. The guy put them in and I called him and he said they could come out and just put that in. It’s not a problem. But we weren't going to have him come back out and do it because he just put them in and it was cold. I told him I wanted to wait until it's a little warmer. He said I could call whenever I want and I can wait till summer. He was a nice guy and I was very happy with him.

The sliding door is the only thing I got in and I love it. I like the choices that I had of the doors. There were have a lot. And I liked the colors. I need two windows redone in the house, which will be Andersen this summer. My blinds are inside the house and can collect dirt and dust, and I'm an asthmatic. I love having them in the window.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I've always liked Andersen Windows. So, when they offered an impact window and we decided to upgrade our house, we chose to go with it instead of having those little tarps things that go over your windows or wood over your windows during a hurricane. I called up Ford Lumber from Alabama because they supply the impact windows. The tech came out. And I asked him the different windows and he was obviously sold on Andersen because he sells a lot of them. He also offered other things. But we chose the Andersen because of the reputation.

The installation crew was great. But we waited a long time for the Andersen Windows. Also, a lot of the stuff was damaged when they arrived. There are three items that were damaged, one being we have a four-unit sliding door. And inside, they're double windows. I thought it wasn’t cleaned off until I realized it was. It was damp, marked in the inside of the windows, between one of the windows. That on one of the sliders, and there are two sashes. Different windows, but two lower sashes.

Once they were all in, they're beautiful. There are many things we paid, and we paid a fortune for these windows. We had the things that were damaged prior to arriving to us pre-painted. So, we have the inside white and the outside was another color. But two pieces of trim were the natural wood. They were never painted. We're still waiting on those to come in. I'm looking at our sliders have these two unfinished pieces of regular color wood on either side. More than what I thought should have happened with Andersen. Andersen is known for the quality. And we paid a lot more than my sister did. We could have had that to save. It's still an impact window. Our impact window is not rated any higher than hers. It's just that it was an Andersen window. We know what we hear about them. But that lacked.

We started this whole thing in the early part of this year and we still are not done. And we're getting ready to go into 2023. There's no reason for the alarm system guys to add what they need to to the ones that are missing now until Andersen is totally done. We're missing a door that has to be replaced and two sashes. So, it's three windows that we can have alarmed. So, we would not have them come all the way out here and pay them to come out because it would have cost us, and just for us to tell them, “Hey. And by the way, we have three things that are going to be replaced, so you get come out again.”

We contacted Ford Lumber and they said, “We're doing the best we can do. Andersen hasn't gotten them to us.” So, this is a bit disheartening considering we've already paid. When they got done in October, we paid 100%. Everybody is paid. We could have said, “We're not gonna for this door and those two windows because they're wrong. They're bad.” I paid 100% to everybody because they were installed. But we have not gotten our product. My husband is disappointed and he has made it known to everybody that he wants his house alarmed. We have no security in our house right now.

Andersen is not the only one that costs us money. So did Ford Lumber. We know how business is. We didn’t 100% to Andersen Windows. Part of our payment was for Ford Lumber's part. That's their job. So, for I can't reach out to Ford Lumber and have to jump hoops and ask Andersen Windows to do their thing. Ford Lumber is doing what they're supposed to. I would love to contact Andersen, but I'm afraid I'm going to jump over somebody, and I don't want to get Ford Lumber upset.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I chose Andersen because they're almost the best of the windows. I ordered them and they're fine, except two of the doors were put in incorrectly, and last winter, I had snow inside the house. I waited. Finally, they fixed one door, but they also have to take off all the trim around the sliding glass doors so they can be put in properly, which wasn't done. Andersen's coming next Thursday, and the trim is coming off. I've been waiting for a repair of the Andersen door for over a year, and I'm up to my eyeballs with this, but it's not Andersen's fault. It's the contractor. However, I know they have to be very tactful because they like my contractor and he buys a lot of Andersen products.

I have a lot of windows as well, and I have no fault with them. Everything that was put in properly works properly. In fact, I got Andersen windows with the construction, and then I was having a porch converted to a room. It was very well done. However, I didn't know and I wasn't asked if I'd like the lip to lift the windows up, so I didn't even think about it. The windows that I didn't need to replace were Andersen and they had the lip. The new windows arrived without any lip and they were very hard to open, practically impossible, because there's no place to put my hand. I bought those in addition to and had those installed on here. I'm not crazy about them because they show, and I can't have windows that I can't open. That was the whole point.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

I bought several replacement windows from Andersen and they're good quality. They're expensive but overall, I feel positive about it. Also, the people that I ended up dealing with were fine.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

It was an awesome and easy experience with Andersen. They set up, came out and measured. I like the fact that they measured each window and made the window fit that opening. It wasn't like a generic window. I had 12 windows altogether. I put 10 in, which took a day, and then two which took less than a day. My house was built before 1920. Some of the windows didn't open. I had the old rope and weight inside. Some of them broke off. When it'd be windy out, 25 miles, my windows will rattle. But, the first night they put them in, there was a fire truck that pulled up outside and I never heard it. That's how sealed up the house is. It would have woken me up before.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We have a new construction home, and we used Andersen Windows in it. They're great windows, and the installation was perfect. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I've had Andersen Windows in the past and I’ve been happy with them. I recently put all new windows in the home and a sliding glass door. My guys were excellent. I know them from Baltimore. And I sent them to a Delaware property that I own. I use them for clients as well. And they're always trustworthy. Their prices are reasonable for the quality. When they took my sliding glass door out, they noticed that I had a rotted seal. And instead of just putting the new door in, they went to the hardware store. They got lumber. They refortified it before installing the door. So, they go beyond and above. My products' quality is good. Their durability is lengthy. And it's easy to order replacement parts or screens if you need them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I purchased an Andersen 3000 storm door and installation through Home Depot. Everything was great until yesterday, exactly 1 week later, the screen and glass slid out of the frame to the bottom of the door on its own. The door self closes so it wasn’t slammed, just poor quality control or poor craftsmanship. I assumed Andersen was the best, I should’ve came here and seen that 1 star reviews almost equal 5 star reviews. Had I done my research, I’d probably have gone elsewhere.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. Andersen's warranty covers issues in the manufacturing process. For further support, would you please call 1-855-337-8825 when you're near your door? Thank you.

Andersen Windows Company Information