1.25/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

253 Andersen Windows Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We are in need of new windows here in our 30 year old home in Freedom NH. Then one day recently we received a mailer saying that we could receive a neighborhood discount, so I called and set up an appointment. We only wanted to replace what we could afford and we decided on replacing 5 windows. He would just do that. He insisted on measuring every window in the house even though there are only 2 sizes. Well all said and done when he showed us his iPad with the total we almost fell over. SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. I said, "Sorry for wasting your..." It took him two hours to give us the quote. The windows were impressive but do not think they're worth the price of a new automobile. That quote was for 4 double hung and a box window replacing an existing dual double hung. We just wanted a price for the windows when he showed up but no, had to do the spiel so he wasted two hours. Very nice gentleman.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Andersen windows came with the house when we bought it. I thought that was a plus. Until the windows started breaking without anyone touching them. Three of my windows broke this way. The inside glass shatters in a peculiar fashion. There are a couple of circles in the middle, in a number 8 shape, and rays going toward the edges. Only inside glass breaks, outside one is intact.

After researching this issue, I found that Andersen knows about this issue, and in some cases have sent repairmen to people's houses to repair broken windows, and TEST THE OTHER WINDOWS IN THE HOUSE. The test procedure goes like this: they measure the distance between two panes of glass, and if it's less than 6mm, they repair it by drilling a hole in the side of the window to release air from outside into the space between the two panes of glass. After a while, the glass straightens, and the space between panes goes back to normal 10-15mm, at which point the hole drilled in the side of the window is plugged, finishing the repair. So to summarize: the glass breaks because it is pulled inwards by the low pressure between the two glass panes. The fact that my windows broke when it was very cold outside is consistent with low pressure causing the breakage.

Let's get back to my issue, present day: in my case, the Andersen customer service rep Makayla and supervisor Amanda told me that because my windows are 31 years old, they are out of warranty, and they will not cover any costs. They were happy to provide me a quote for replacement parts of $815! Outrageous! If Andersen was such a reputable company, they would fix their faulty products. Instead they kept repeating: "out of warranty period", e.g. "our ** are covered". It may be legally correct, but it's definitely not customer friendly.

At this time I mentioned that Andersen sent repairmen to other people's house, and outlined the testing and repair procedure I described above. The supervisor told me "That is an old procedure, we wouldn't do that these days, we would replace the whole window. But your windows are out of warranty..." So yes, they know about the problem. Now I expect the rest of my windows throughout the house to break. We have 18 of them. I WILL DEFINITELY NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANDERSEN EVER AGAIN. Buyer beware!

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Recently completed an addition to my home and spent $10,000 on a storm door, 2 windows and a french door with window panel. The storm door #23839 didn't have a mechanism for the door to close properly. Looks like I have to buy that separately. That was $548 plus tax... My bigger issue is a $4312 french door 400 series. I didn't understand the standard door handle is an ugly tribeca white. Had I known that I would have asked for a metallic finish door handle.

I am now stuck with an ugly white door handle that doesn't match the finishing anywhere in the build-out. Andersen is telling me I have to spend $500 on a new door handle and I am stuck with the white tribeca handle. I am sorry, but for $4300 something more should be done for me. My family recently spent $25k on Andersen Windows for another home. I won't be using Andersen again and I will be needing more windows in the next year. Sorry, Andersen - you make a good product and your prices are premium but are lacking in customer service and you clearly don't care about taking care of a customer.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We are building a new home. We bought the E series windows. They are supposed to be the best. We have spent a great deal of money for the Windows and doors. First the expensive front door was the wrong size. Took an extra 8 weeks to get a new one. We have a very large window was not mulled together when shipped. The window had no installation instructions. No one not even Andersen window techs knew how to mull together and install. They sent three guys to my house that didn't have a clue. They were there 10 hours and installed the window incorrectly. So the trim for the window was destroyed and had to order it for the third time.

It took over three months for the window trim and window to be installed by someone we hired. We bought these Windows from 84 Lumber. Their rep is Stephen **. He promised great service and a great product. We got neither. Then we were contacted by Arthur **. He promised we would be compensated for all the trouble. But never heard back from him. My husband finally contacted him only for him to say and I quote "I overstepped my bounds and cannot do anything for you." Buyer Beware!!! Do Not Buy Andersen Windows.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Stop sending your terrible door to door sales people who look like they just got out of jail. I was considering checking into Andersen Windows until your idiot salesman basically talked me out of it then got confrontational while at my front door. I will NEVER buy from Andersen now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Being a house builder, and constructing my new home, I installed "A" Series double hung and casement windows. Upon installation, as the temperature drops below 20 degrees, moisture starts to build on the glass in the nighttime hours and when the sun rises in the morning and the temperature rises the moisture will start to dissipate. I notice that on my Southside exposure, the moisture will diminish faster than the windows on the North side. I contacted my lumber yard and had a rep from Andersen visit my home. Upon seeing the moisture on the windows, he claimed "this was normal". Further questioning about my casements being tighter than double hungs, why should moisture appear? Why is it my Therma-Tru doors with windows that are adjacent to casement windows have no moisture buildup?

So three years later, no satisfaction or answers from Andersen, and am now experiencing paint lifting from my interior sashes. Recently at a product show where Andersen was a participant, I had a lengthy conversation with the Andersen Salesperson and at that time he admitted that Andersen was having trouble with the coating on their glass which creates the insulating factor for the glass. So I ask myself, "Now What?" After spending all of this money on 16 units. As a builder I can no longer recommend Andersen.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We went with Andersen Windows because they promise high end product, seamless delivery and installation. Their sales, factory, and installers are all one company. If this is the case then why are we getting the runaround because they messed up on the size of the door? Very high price, product is comparable to what we got from Window World in the past, customer service is very POOR. In the future, we would never use them again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Had four new windows installed in Feb. 2018. In October 2018, I noticed condensation on the bottom of all four windows: two windows were box bays with cranks, one sliding window and one fixed window. I called Anderson and set up an appointment and explained my issue. The caller stated that this is normal??? I said not for what I paid for this things!

Anderson came to inspect the windows and stated this is “normal!” This can't be normal... where cold air and warm air meet condensate forms. Anderson then stated that the bottom (where the condensate forms) of the window is colder hence the reason for the condensate! Apparently Anderson window are not well insulated because now the condensate will start to rot the veneer. Anderson handed us a brochure “Understanding Condensation.” The brochure covered a few things but nothing that fits my situation.

The closest example was a glass with ice water “sweating” or condensating... which is where warm air meets cold air... hence condensation forms!!! No different than my windows... warm air is escaping, windows poorly insulated/installed and Anderson will not recognize they have faulty products and have not backed the warranty of their products! SAVE YOURSELF MONEY... GO WITH AN INEXPENSIVE BRAND... WHEN THE WINDOW FAILS YOU WON’T BE OUT OF TOO MUCH MONEY!!! Of course Anderson did nothing but hand us a pamphlet.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Paid Anderson $1,000 in August for a down-payment on one window, and 3 months later they STILL have not installed it. Numerous no shows, installation cancellations, excuses, non-returned calls. It’s now mid-November in Boston, freezing weather, and we still don’t have the window we paid for last summer. Winter is here, it’s 29 degrees, and it will be very difficult to cut a huge hole in our house now to install this window. Horrible customer service, terrible scheduling department, over-priced, disorganized.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I ordered 5 replacement screens. All 5 fit, however, 3 had the crossbar at wrong position. I called and was told needed "cottage window" screens. Cost $186.19 to return the incorrect. It would almost have been cheaper to throw the new screens away! DO NOT use online ordering! Make sure you call the 800 number and talk to a representative. Save yourself lots of money and lots of time and frustration. The Online process should warn a customer of multiple configurations and warn them that they will have to pay full UPS costs to have them returned. Very disappointed with Andersen on this matter.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We paid a bunch of money for six windows and a three-panel door. It took four trips to do the install and the door was not very good. I do not recommend anyone ever pay for their replacement windows. You can find a cheaper price with the same or better quality. I paid for one-stop shopping, thinking I would have no problems with scheduling or install. This was not the case. They came four times for six windows and a door. It took two months of my time to stain and finish the windows, if you don’t mind months of staining and finishing the trim maybe they are for you. Otherwise shop elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I ordered a window sash from Andersen on Wednesday 8/15 and was told I would receive it in “10-15 business days”. The end of that period was Thursday 9/6. I have since called them periodically as recounted below. Friday 9/7. The window was still not picked up by UPS. Wednesday 9/12. The window, which was supposedly just waiting to be picked up, was given an “extra inspection” and was due to reach me “early to mid next week”, which would be around 9/19.

Thursday 9/20: UPS broke the window. I was told it would have to be made again. There was no possibility of a price accommodation for my troubles. However, when I spoke with a supervisor named “Adaliz”, I was told it would be "expedited" and reach me within a week. Wednesday 9/26: I spoke with another supervisor, “Nicole”. I was told that the factory declined the expediting and that the window was due to leave factory on 10/9.

Tuesday 10/9: I was told that the window was manufactured on Friday 10/5 and that I should receive it by the end of week or Monday. Monday 10/15: The window was still waiting to be loaded on a truck. Thursday 10/18: The window was still waiting to be loaded on a truck. The person I spoke to said that he would email the loading dock to make sure it got on the truck soon. I was told it was getting "extra packaging care" because of the prior breakage. I was told I would be emailed a tracking # so that I could monitor its delivery.

Friday 10/19: The window arrived with no email notification. Several of the packing straps were dangling off the package. When I unpacked it, I found that a screw and bolt were both damaged, making it unable to be installed. I will be contacting them on Monday to find out what they plan to do to actually get me the item for which I was charged back on September 13 but which they seem to be unable to successfully build, track, or ship.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My Andersen 3000 w/ Retractable Screen Storm Door on my home is a bit older but not outdated by any means. The upper ventilating glass panel cracked then shattered all over my front staircase randomly one day. Fun times shop vac-ing glass shards out of your flower beds and sidewalk crevices. Got online to order a replacement glass panel for the door. Using the serial number they specifically requested in searching for the correct parts. Nowhere on that website was there a note stating that my door was no longer made, thus I would also need to purchase a new retractable screen for it as well. So I simply ordered the glass panel assuming it would be a direct replacement.

Get the product (1.5 weeks later), after 3 hours of shoddy PDF instructions and Youtube videos, get the old glass frame out and the new one in. Only to find out it will not match up with the retractable screen. I call Andersen this time - and get a partial English speaking representative on the other line who literally repeated what I had explained to her 5 times, telling me that I would now need to drill holes into this new glass panel to make my old screen fit it. WAIT WHAT? NO - Even had I drilled holes - this screen would not have worked with this new panel.

Absolutely not the answer. I demanded a USA representative in which I was given one. He listened to the problem and agreed that I would in fact need a new retractable screen that is meant to be in party with the glass pane as they are a pair. I was furious. I said I didnt want to wait another 1.5 weeks for a screen AND pay $50 for one AFTER the fact. Had their website noted that non-fully-compatible parts would shipped with my older door, I would have been able to order them both at the same time. That rep apologized and said he would ship me a no cost replacement screen right away.

Great I thought. Well, 10 days later - no screen. I call Andersen. They shipped it to my billing address, and not the shipping address. Which was 5 hours drive away from the home that needed the part. Furious again, I asked what was going to be done now as I have now waited almost a month with a half functioning storm door. Once again, the rep stated they would ship me a replacement screen pronto. It's 2 days later and I have yet to see a shipping label created. WAY TO SUCK, Andersen. If this hurricane season blows the door off its hinges - I will never again buy from Andersen again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

We purchased our storm door from the Home Depot. After using for at least 5 plus years as our primary source of ingress and egress into our house, the hinges started to fail. I spent some time on the Andersen website and was pleased to find that by just proving the serial number, my door and related parts came right up. I was all set to order the failed part when I read that they offered lifetime warranty. I called Customer Service and after only a few minutes, Dan told me that the hinges were covered and that they would send me a replacement hinge. Turns out it's the entire hinge assembly. Expected it to take a week or so but got the part in 2 days. Unlike some of the other reviews I've read that only complained about poor service, I thought that a positive experience should be rewarded with a good review. Only 4 stars because I felt that the part shouldn't have really failed.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I installed new 400 series casement windows this summer. Low E with sun block. The first was one lock broke before I finished putting all the hardware on. Two other locks very tight. No big deal right. They have no warranty on workmanship. So once you sign for them you better know how to fix yourself. Another almost every morning through the summer, they would fog up on outside at night you could not see out? I do not know if all window manufactures are like this. I will not buy another ANDERSEN WINDOW AGAIN. So if you're buying windows I would check if they cover labor?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered Anderson Windows, they are very expensive so I expected that all the work would be done properly. The sales person said that a vinyl outside would be superior to wood and would match exactly our current windows (our home is 100 years old). The installers were surprised that we were using vinyl since they said they would not match the rest of the house and called the salesperson as I was not available. He said to just use vinyl anyway.

When I returned and saw how bad it looked not only did the vinyl not match but the seams did not connect and it was bent on the top overall it looked really bad. We did not have them do vinyl on the other windows and they removed the vinyl and put in wood however they did not match the look of the other windows and have yet to come out and complete the job. One of their Managers named Mitch called to say their crew said it was complete and they have still not completed the work. The installers are obviously not skilled carpenters - very disappointing to pay too much and still not have to job completed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased Andersen windows for my home remodel project. As part of that project we purchased 2 dual paned bow windows. These were quite expensive but we loved them. Several years later one window got moisture inside it, since it was still under warranty we contacted Andersen. They sent us a replacement window unit but did not offer to install. We contacted Andersen dealers and found none that would do the install. We contacted Renewal By Andersen but they also would not install.

This is only one section of 5 in the bow unit not an entire window replacement, sending us a replacement section with no option to install is not what our expectations were. We still have not been able to get this window section installed, our warranty has expired and now the replacement section is still sitting gathering dust and our window is just getting more moisture inside it with no way to clean. With all their positive advertising they just don't stand up to the hype. Given the chance I would not pick them as a window choice.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We have 10 Andersen windows in our house, which we paid a lot of money for! The screen is one huge panel with two flimsy clips at the bottom which rust and bend. These are a mother's nightmare. My cards pop them open easily and jump out of the house, once almost falling from a second story window. Now I have small children and it’s a terrifying issue. I called Andersen today and brought it to their attention as a design flaw that creates a safety issue. They told me they have a little warning tag at the bottom that protects their ** (they didn’t say that in those words) and that they are insect screens only.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We had a custom built home constructed in 2005. One of the double pane accent windows fogged up after 6 years. Andersen said they would replace window but we would have to pay installation cost. Installation cost quotes was expensive. Never would I have Andersen Windows again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We ordered a door which took two months to deliver to Home Depot. After getting it home found that the frame was the wrong size and color. Us and Home Depot had to prove to them it was wrong then another month delay and they sent another frame. This time part of the frame was not for this door. It took much arguing to get a supervisor to listen to us and after another month sent the right part of the frame. The door is finally in after 4 months. The quality is poor. I can only assume their factory doesn’t have a no drug policy. The latching mechanism is junk and unless you close AND lock the door it won’t stay shut.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Unfortunately this was a horror story from day one with delays poor workmanship lazy work crews and Anderson’s lack of quality control. It was finally made right with the second crew they sent out but the whole experience was such a hassle and time consuming effort that I cannot recommend this company even though we like the windows and believe they will last the twenty years. Anderson says they will. I only because Anderson does not manufacture its own windows. The double pane windows are ordered by Anderson from a subcontractor in Minnesota. You can order your own windows and hire a contractor to install them for half the price we paid to Anderson. So save some money and don’t put your hard earned dollars in Anderson’s pockets. They are a rip off!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I was in need of new windows in my home and decided to get an estimate from an individual from Andersen Renewal who was going door-to-door setting up times for someone to meet with homeowners. I told this person that I only wanted an estimate and will not be buying until I am through getting estimates from several other companies. He said this would be no problem and he set up a time for a salesman to come to my house. When the salesman came he made a lot of small talk trying to be like some long lost friend. I didn’t want to be rude but I just wanted an estimate so that I could get on with my day. The salesman began his pitch and went on and on as to why I should not buy vinyl windows. He must have talked for about an hour, and 85% of his sales pitch was talking about how bad vinyl was; the remaining time he talked about how great Andersen Renewal was.

I was beginning to get annoyed with the long sales pitch and asked if I could please just see one of the Andersen windows. The salesman said that he needed to get through his sales pitch first. Finally after another 15 minutes he put the case containing the window on the counter and opened it. (After all that time before he’d show me a window, I felt like there should’ve been a bright light and stars shining around some unusually stupendous casement when he finally showed it; however, it was just a window.) I then said, "Can you please let me know what these would cost." He took a quick look at a couple of my windows and said “we will definitely keep this under $50,000.”

I only have 13 double hung windows in my house so this comment was a big red flag. After much more talking, he said that it will be $20,000 but if I bought right then, it would be $19,000. I told him that as I said before, I am not buying today so I guess that means it would cost me $20,000. He pushed and pushed trying to get me to buy and said that I should at least replace the two bad ones that he looked at. I once again told him that I am not buying at this point and asked that he just give me his estimate in writing. He got upset and said that he would send an estimate in the mail. He never did send one, but it really didn’t matter because I wasn’t about to pay that kind of money. In my opinion Andersen Renewal is grossly overpriced as their product is not worth the money they are asking, and their sales pitch is absurd and long. I did end up getting vinyl windows at less than one third the quote they gave me and I’m very happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

When ordering anything make sure you ask for someone from the USA??? They ship calls out to make it cheaper on them. Then the person does not even understand what you want to order. I was told ten days that the storm door window be at my place. It was a replacement window that broke during a storm and cut me in many places. Had to go ER to get treated. But the window took 16 days to get. They kept passing the buck saying I misunderstood them. They never call back and update you even if you ask them to. I never buy or replace a window from this company. It cost me 82.00 for window and 550 security deposit fit to getting the window late. I lost my security deposit on old apartment. All they said is, "I’m sorry we can’t do anything." This is a crappy way to do business.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I had these doors installed about 10 years ago in my LI home. After 3 years the metal part in the center on the outside started rusting and peeling. I contacted Andersen. They sent me a replacement part which would necessitate the whole door to be taken apart at a considerable labor cost. So much for the warranty. You get a replacement part but the labor to fix is your bill. 10 years later, the door won't even close properly. I got the kit to adjust the windows and it worked for some years but not now. I feel Andersen warranty is a joke since it only covers cheap parts but not the labor to replace which is the expensive component. Amazingly, there are some older Andersen windows in my home, which apart from seal in double glass which gave up, are still functional. They may be OK for windows but I would think twice about the french doors given the many issues I had within three years of installation.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased three Andersen windows that were very expensive after hearing all of the great things the salesmen tell you. What they do not tell you is that the aluminum frames on the outside of the house are very weak and to not stand up to small hail storms. My frames were dented by pea size hail. The company wants $1036 to replace the frames and two screens. That is nearly 25% of the cost of the entire project. The frames on the rest of my home have been there for 14 years and they were not damaged. I wish I had gone with a different company when I needed to have three windows replaced.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

$3000 for a set of French doors where the handle locking mechanism will not last longer than 2 years, not interested in having to purchase a new lock set for this door every two years. I should have purchased the Pella door. Piss poor for $3000.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Screen doors which are part of slider do not slide. I have spent hours on the phone with dealer and Andersen customer service. They have basically ignored that they guarantee their products. Guarantee is a joke!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Was just give a quote for $48,000 for 3 patio doors. ($16,000 each) by Renewal by Andersen. After all "great" discounts including 5% if you buy it now, still $13,000 each. Granted the patio doors are 12 foot wide (4 panels), but charging $13,000 for a sliding door, they must be the doors to heaven?

Original review: July 7, 2018

So disappointing, horrible company, horrible product. I purchased a new home 14 years ago. 9 years later after buying the house my windows were falling apart, at the bottom of the sash, exterior portion. I called Anderson Windows, they transferred me several times and eventually I found out that the windows only carry a 10 year warranty. They told me I was out of luck because the windows were now 10 years old. I told them I only had the brand new house with brand new Anderson Windows for 9 years, they told me the windows must have been in the warehouse for 2 years.

After quite a bit of annoying conversation I told them I would contact an attorney about this at which point they transferred my call again and a nasty lady came on and seemingly taking notes asking me again about the situation. She said she would get back to me but never did. Since that time I have had several bottom sashes completely rot out. There is no other alternative but to purchase an entire new window for $250, while just the bottom sash needs replacement and I am certain I am not the only one with this problem as they now refer you to local companies, rude companies, greedy companies, charging thousands of dollars for this service, you can't talk to Anderson about this anymore.

Fortunately I'm a pretty good carpenter and have a miter saw. I have been able to fabricate this part, quite easily out of a nice piece of oak, some paint and some good glue. There is definitely planned obsolescence here and there should be some sort of recall by the government, required. They knowingly (10 year warranty shortened to 8 years), fabricate the window out of a very, very soft wood then cover it with a thin vinyl, the vinyl does not block moisture, it just looks nice and shiny when new.

Furthermore the hardware is breaking inside the window, a 10 cent piece but you have to purchase the entire lifting mechanism for to get to the 10 cent piece and quite a sum of money. Now, one by one, the sashes are rotting and the hardware is breaking all around the house. I have 27 of these windows and it would cost me roughly $10,000 to replace all the windows over the next few years.

It is noteworthy that my mother has a house almost 100 years old, in the city, which still has the original windows. Sure she has them painted every 15 years or so but they are still strong and will last another 100 years without any doubt. So, why would anybody, especially Anderson, make a window that would last less than 10 years? I think we all know the answer. Never again Anderson Windows or products. If I ever buy a house and it has Anderson Windows, I will not buy that house. Hope this helps people.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The salespeople are con artist and the prices are inflated. I received a bill for services not yet performed and this was not discussed with me. When I called I was told that the bill was for the down payment. I was never told that I was going to be billed for the down payment, in fact I asked the sales person about the down payment and was made to believe that it was not necessary.

I would have paid the down payment instead of being billed at 6.66%. I can still pay this off and avoid the interest charges. However, the point is that I should have been given the option and I was not. Also, the guy who arrived at my home to measure removed molding and did not put it back properly. I was supposed to come and measure, this had nothing to do with removal of molding. I will watch anyone very closely who comes into my home moving forward. Stay away from Andersen Windows, they are con artist and a ripoff. Maybe branches are okay, but the branch that I dealt with was in Middletown, NY.

Andersen Windows expert review by Joseph Truini

The Andersen Corporation is the largest door and window manufacturer in the United States. The company has been in business since 1903.

• Wide product offering: Andersen designs and manufacturers an extensive line of high-performance, energy-efficient windows and doors. It has four brands: Andersen vinyl-clad wood windows and patio doors; Renewal by Andersen, a line of low-maintenance replacement windows; Silver Line vinyl windows and patio doors; and American Craftsman vinyl windows and doors, which are sold exclusive through Home Depot.

• Sells internationally: Andersen sells windows in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America as well as in the United States.

• Large online library: Customers can read about how to choose the right products, how to install them and more on the company's website.

• Trains installers: Consumers must contract separately with third parties for installation, and Andersen offers certification in installing its products. The only exception is for Renewal replacement windows, which are installed by Andersen’s own group of highly trained contractors.

• Lots of options: Owners who want to create a custom look can easily mix and match shapes, materials and sizes from the large catalog of available windows.

• Online parts store: Owners who want to repair or replace windows and doors can find and purchase parts online through this company's website.

• Best for: Andersen Windows are best for homeowners, do-it-yourselfers, condo owners, landlords, business owners, and anyone interested in energy-efficient, well-built windows and doors.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Andersen Windows Company Information