2. Homeowners
  3. Windows and Doors

4.1/5 (60 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Andersen Windows Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Resolution response: Sept. 22, 2021

Upon viewing my initial review I was contacted by Andersen corporate office and said that the window should not of been in question and will be replaced. They contact at Home Depot immediately who in turn contacted me and they will be out tomorrow to remedy the situation. I was caught off guard with this one as I have never had a problem with Andersen before. The confusion came with one person telling me it was under warranty and would be ordered and then somebody else overriding that decision three days later. I greatly appreciate them taking responsibility and providing resolution to the problem in a timely manner.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Purchased two storm doors and they were installed at the end of June 2020. August 2020 I noticed the glass on the back door following out of gasket creating about a quarter inch gap. In a recorded call to Home Depot and Andersen they both told me it was under warranty and Andersen would replace it. Several days later I received an email saying it was not under warranty and I would have to pay. They are calling the window a component which is under one year warranty and not structure which is five years. The main purpose of the storm door is the WINDOW! I sent an email to the CEO of Anderson and I’ve had no response. Even if they want to consider the window a component and a one-year warranty who is going to be happy when they find out one month after the warranty the product fails and they won’t support you. No I would not buy from Anderson again and I would not recommend them.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for writing in. Andersen was able to find your case and a representative will be reaching out on the issues. If you have further questions please contact us at 855-337-8825, hours are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm Central.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

The timeframe we were given was 8 to 10 weeks, but Andersen Windows delivered on the low end of that. We replaced two three-panel sliding doors and one big picture window. They were much more expensive than what had been installed previously, but the quality is much better. The finishes are all good. The installers did a fantastic job, and the windows are functioning very well.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Mike was a great guy and he did a great job. I knew I needed windows, chatted through what they would be and what it would cost and what my options were.

The installers were very professional. The installation took longer to get, but that was expected. My windows open, close, and I can see through them. Everything I was looking for in a window. Andersen Windows is the best.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We have Andersen at a different house and we really like them. This time, I had double hungs installed. I’m very happy with them. The quality is very good. I've got different windows from different manufacturers in the rest of the house and I like these better.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I have all new Andersen Series 400 windows, storm damage and the quality is great. I'm happy with my experience.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Our experience with Andersen went very smoothly. They came back when they said they would. The windows are terrific, they solved our problem. My wife does massage in that room and she's just tickled with it every time. It’s a great experience. We liked the warranty, too.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

When the Andersen windows are shut and they're locked, you can't hear anything. There's no wind, the noise from outside is blocked. They're really good windows. The other thing I liked about the windows is that the exterior is very weather resistant. The harsh sun and the wind in Colorado make it really hard on windows. Then, on the inside, with the wood finish, because of the way manufacturing is delayed right now, we ordered them with a pre-color or pre-stain. But they were able to get the windows and they weren't finished, which I was fine with that because the contractor that installed them has a staining team. The staining team came out and took care of everything and matched them to the color that my mom wanted, and they did a really good job. Everything turned out well.

They also told me everything that they were going to be doing. They had a little bit of a challenge 'cause it's a log home, so it wasn't the standard installation like you just rip them out and put new ones in. They had to do a little bit of additional work. But they told me exactly when they were going to start and they got done ahead of time. They also did a phenomenal job cleaning up.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

We're up in high elevation so the Low-E Sun package was attractive to us because we've heard other manufacturers don't hold up an elevation. So far, the finished product was good. Our contractor helped us look at all the windows and there were five windows that they had to replace once they installed on the glass. We had 50 windows and 10% of them had a defect. But now, everything's fine. ​The one drawback is we also got an Andersen door and getting any attention to the door has been extremely slow from the manufacturing side. Andersen has been extremely poor on that.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

We had the 400 series installed and the installation was fantastic.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Brett and his team at 1st Choice were fantastic. We’re super happy with the end result. The windows look great and Brett was really good about talking with us about what was going on with supply chain being slow and coordinating when his crew would be there.

Andersen Windows Company Information