3.4/5 (51 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Andersen Windows

Andersen Windows offers windows and doors in a variety of types, series and materials. Andersen’s products are ENERGY STAR-certified and have warranty options available. You can request quotes and find Andersen Windows dealers through the company’s website.

Pros

• Various warranty options
  • ENERGY STAR windows sold
  • Numerous window and door types

Cons

• Warranty durations are limited
  • Popular products are pricey

Bottom Line

Andersen Windows products are a good choice for homeowners looking for affordable window and door options with a warranty. Self-installation is available, but partnering with a professional is recommended for all products.

Andersen Windows Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Andersen Windows?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I have an Andersen Bay window that was installed in 1991-according to Andersen the warranty on the glass is only good for 20 years yet their website claims a lifetime warranty. They offered to sell me replacement sashes which I would have to get installed at my expense. I have to replace the window at great expense and no significant help from them.

Andersen Windows response

Hi Lynn, Your Andersen windows are 12 years outside the 20 year manufacturer warranty. We have attached a copy of the warranty from our website for your review. Replacement sashes would not be sent out at no cost. Andersen's warranty does not cover the cost of re-installation of replacement parts or units.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

The grids and sash of the windows arrived broken, but it was resolved quickly. The quality has been great so far.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

We had Renewal by Andersen come out as well as a local window company. Renewal by Andersen was just a little too pricey for us so we went with the local company and they happened to use the Andersen Window products. We had piecemealed a bay window together that wasn't a bay window in two of the rooms so we replaced those. So far, they seem like pretty good products. When it was in the late fall, the windows opened beautifully. The only thing that we've noticed is that it does still pool a pretty good amount of condensation and the humidity in the house isn't super high. We're a little concerned and we're going to contact the local company about it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

They have a better price point for what I was doing. I had a fine experience with them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Ricky did everything for us and gave us a quote. He showed us the differences in the types of windows and we got the ones that were full custom. Andersen gave us an original timeline, and it took about two months longer than that just because of how many people were ordering windows at the time and getting them installed. The crew of three guys installed everything from the outside and didn't make a mess. We got 19 windows replaced. It's a fantastic product and easy install. Everything was a pretty seamless experience.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The actual installation of the storm door seemed relatively easy because the person who was installing it wa a local carpenter and he was an authorized Andersen installation person. So he knew the product. There was a little bit of a delay in getting the item. But I pretty much expected that. I was prepared for a relatively long wait. But so far, so good. We're pleased with the performance.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Building a new home for 2022. Need 4 large bay windows and two large picture windows. Called for assistance since no one is responding to the online contact form (which on their website asks if you wish to be contacted by email or phone). If you select email only, no one responds. So what's that point of asking the question on the website. Called the 800 number listed on Andersen's website. Talked with a Julie. She basically scolded me since I requested to be contacted by email and not a phone call and she hung up on me.

Called back again, talked with a Holly. She was also not too forthcoming in giving me information about the windows. I just need the dimensions since I am building a custom home and the builder is asking for the type of windows sizes so they can add them to the floor plan. That's it. Real simple. She could not answer my questions and is sending me back to my builder. Which in this case, it doesn't work this way since I am dealing with multiple builders on this Earth Home. This is a very, very expensive project and a one of a kind customized home.

I've worked in customer support for over 20 years and was just shocked by the treatment of a customer who is asking questions and looking for help. I guess it's all about the sales and not customer satisfaction. Poor business model, especially during a pandemic. So Andersen Windows, how many thousands of dollars did you just lose today with this consumer. I am moving on to a competitor who will treat me professionally and invest in me and my dream. Goodbye. Will never order windows from this company ever again.

Andersen Windows response

Jim, I'm sorry for your experience. Our sizing documents can be found on our website at: https://www.andersenwindows.com/support/sizing/. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact our corporate office at 855-337-8825.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Purchased an expensive patio door from Andersen which has a scar at eye level inside the window pane. It's at eye level. Sent pictures back through the retailer which they required. Refuse to come look at it to see how bad it looks. This is not acceptable for a product in this price range. In addition the door lock is very difficult to lock - their response was to send me an article by email. They have a local service guy - doesn't make sense that they refuse to look at it or the door lock. For their price points and service advertisements, they do not deliver.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. The attached photo of your glass' spacer bar is normal and not considered a manufacturing defect and is standard in the window and door manufacturing industry. Andersen's warranty does not cover labor for panel adjustments. Andersen can assist with videos and written guides to assist.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I got 10 different windows and some sliding glass doors, double-wides that go from the floor to the ceiling. I love my new windows and they look so great. I'd highly recommend Andersen Windows.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

There was a little delay on the screens but it was only a couple of weeks. I'm 100% satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Purchased 2 casement new construction 400 series windows. One window has 3 operators the other has 2. Each operator's base has one of two brass screws missing. Contacted company. Received 5 screws in the mail today for owner to install. Lack of attention to detail on the production line or company determined only 1 screw is needed,?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I've had a couple of small issues, but the installer has been helping me with that. One lock broke and popped off so they're gonna replace that. Also, two of the window panes broke very quickly. When we moved to this house, half of the house had Andersen Windows that were probably placed in 2001 and half the house didn't. What we had replaced were the ones that hadn't been replaced. But the panes have changed. They used to have a hole drilled into the window itself. Now, they just sit in there and I’m finding that frustrating. They’re not as good as the old panes. They ordered new panes for me and they replaced those. They’ve been super nice, very communicative, and very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The reps were fantastic. They were very professional and did a great job. The timeline was a bit protracted though. They said there were some supply chain issues, and they had some difficulty obtaining part of the window. But they told us how long it was going to take and their estimate was accurate so there wasn't a problem with that. We appreciate the estimate being accurate. We had a custom window put in and it was an odd space. The house is a hundred years old and Andersen needed to match the rest of the windows so it's almost like a custom project. So far, the window looks fantastic. The installation was great so we're happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The installation by my contractor was great and the windows are wonderful. The quality is fabulous. It's doing exactly what I need it to do. It matches the rest of the windows in my house. But we're still waiting on the mosquito screen to come in, which I know is backordered.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

My husband and I purchased $3036.15 in replacement sashes for our Andersen windows that are 25 years old. We were very happy with the quality of the old windows. The new sashes are 1 year and 9 days old and are falling apart. The weather strips on the outside of the windows are coming off and all Andersen is willing to do is send us a tube of glue and some new weather strips. This is unacceptable. The quality good quality of Andersen is no longer there and they have terrible customer service.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. Andersen has set up a service job to address your manufacturing concerns. Andersen will address issues in the manufacturing process and will send out replacement parts to resolve those issues. If you have additional concerns, please reach out at 855-337-8825. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We went with Renewal by Andersen, assuming that that was part of Andersen. We had a window that needed to be renewed. We had terrible experience. A man came, he looked at it, and he went on the computer. The price jumped up, which wound up being four times the amount. There had been breakage to the large window in the middle and I needed it itemized so I can put it into a claim with my insurance company. The man said they do not do that. Their windows are so good that people pay straight out and don't go through insurance. It was insane and that comment made no sense. People do not portray themselves in business that way.

Instead of giving up on Andersen, I called again and this time it was just the Andersen number. I got somebody who was very informational about the difference between that company and the other Andersen company I was talking to and gave me the name of someone. We called him and we explained what we wanted. He said he needed to come and look at our window. A week later, he still hadn't called us back to make an appointment. I called him and he said, "I work on $30,000 jobs. I don't have really time to do a window like that." That was unacceptable for a business.

Andersen has some people representing them that are not up to working for the benefit of the company. But I still wanted Andersen. I called the number back and told the rep what happened. She said she was going to report that to somebody. She then gave me another number and this time, I was really apprehensive. But I called this number and the people were wonderful. A woman came to our house three times to answer our questions before they wound up doing the job. The day they were supposed to put the window in, the crew came and she stayed on the site the whole time as a helper. She had two workers that were working on the window and they did a lovely job. Once again, Andersen shined through somehow.

Overall, we wound up waiting a while for the window but that's understandable in today's world. I love the Andersen Windows. I would tell others, "Be aware. If you have trouble, just keep calling back until you get a company that you feel comfortable with, which is what we did. And I'm glad because I'm happy with the whole thing."

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Our window from Andersen is in an awkward placement. It was above sliding doors, but other than that, it is fine.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I needed a single-pane window that was 6 feet tall by 12 feet wide. The installers came in when they said they were going to. They did well. The quality is great. Andersen did a good job. Use them.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The size isn't always right. If things go wrong, Andersen can fix it. They have a good contracting network. The timeline was out of their rep's control. It's just product unavailability. But I found him to be pleasant. We got it done and it works great. The techs were nice and professional. They cleaned up well and the quality work was good. I had a sliding door installed and I was very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Andersen quality speaks for itself. We had a great installation experience. We live on the water and the wind is unbelievable. We had a strong storm soon after the install was completed and didn't have any wind whistle or water intrusion. Our door screen is on backorder and should be delivered in a couple of months, but that's a factory issue, not the fault of the installer.

Resolution response: Nov. 2, 2021

Andersen Windows gave me a refund for the part I ordered. I still believe the door frame should have been built stronger to accommodate the wear the screws placed on the opening and closing of the handle. Thank you for the refund.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

My storm door handle mechanism failed due to the durability of the frame. The frame is supposed to be covered lifetime. After many phone calls without a solution from Andersen we are still left with a malfunctioning door. We are are very disappointed in their response and will no longer purchase their products. I have recommended Andersen to my family but I will no longer do that. They would not even offer to replace the frame for us. They placed all the blame on us! WARNING…their warranty is false.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your review. The lifetime warranty of the door's frame is considered hinges and latch rails. The panel the hardware sits in is not lifetime. The door panel had been modified for larger screws. Andersen does not have an alternate screw pack to accommodate those changes. This is not considered a manufacturing defect, which is what Andersen covers under the warranty.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The purchasing process with Andersen Windows took a bit of a wait for them to get us in but ultimately, it got done. We had double-pane windows installed and the quality seems good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

We are home builders. We built our custom home this year 2021. We had decided on Andersen 100 series windows & gliding doors because Andersen advertises they are superior and they back their products. We were going back and forth on installing Milgard Trinsic, Marvin windows or Andersen Windows. I researched for months as we had specific needs, black interior & black exterior were a must. We went with the Andersen 100 series because we thought they were better than vinyl due to Andersen proclaiming they are superior on quality & longevity.

Unfortunately we have had a couple major manufacturer's defects and Andersen’s warranty process is a joke. They are claiming it is not a warranty issue because the door is within their 1/8” tolerance. Our gliding door is warping and bowing at the bottom. It is pushing into the house when it is cold at night. Then when it heats up the door moves back out. The door has separated from the drywall, baseboard & stucco. The door has a huge gap at the top center letting weather, bugs & dust into our home. The operation is tough and noisy. This door was $2,000 and it is junk. The outside trim pieces are warping also and separating from the frame. Our casement window leaks water when it rains. And several other windows also have warping trim pieces separating from the frame. Our house is 5 months new.

Andersen Windows Warranty is really not a warranty it’s a gimmick. They do not cover any labor. They do not cover what seems like anything. I have been getting the run around for months. I will never use an Andersen product again. I will never recommend an Andersen product either. I am so disappointed that we built our Modern Custom Home using Andersen Windows. The windows have really devalued our home. Now we are left having to buy Milgard products and paying to have these manufacturers defective Andersen Windows replaced at our expense. Buyer Beware. Andersen Windows does not back its products! I highly recommend going with Milgard or even Plygem as their products are better and their warranty & customer service is superior to Andersen Windows!

Andersen Windows response

Hi Dawn, Thank you for your message. We were able to locate a file for you and are currently following up with the correct department regarding your concerns. If you have any questions or need further assistance please feel free to contact us at 855-337-8825. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

My house was built in 2009. Sure the windows looked great upon installation. So would a window made from tissue paper. It's now 2021 and we have to replace them all. Every window in my house has to be replaced. Andersen came out a few years after installation and repainted all of the exterior frames because the finished failed miserably. But, what they were really doing was buying time to kick the can past the 10 year warranty. Every sill is warped. Every. Single. One. When the sill warps (bows upward), the window doesn't sit flush on the bottom and as such, nothing seals or aligns anymore.

So, now I own a home on the coast of Maine loaded with Andersen top-of-the-line windows and every winter I pump peel-and-stick silicone around the seams to keep out the draft. Some of the windows are so bad that you couldn't hold a candle near them in the winter wind. It would blow out from the draft. We contacted the builder and he was very upset. He lost his shirt on Andersen garbage and will not install another one. You are paying for a label. If Andersen replaced all of them for free - it would be a tough decision. They suck that bad.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact our headquarters at 855-337-8825, hours are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm Central. Please be by the windows when calling so we can further assist.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

We had the guys come out and put in the Andersen window. It looks great. The guys did a good job with the installation. Overall, it took a couple of months and it was simple and straightforward.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Jason and the Sightline Builders, Inc team, stepped up to the plate with our new door installation. We purchased a home that has four existing Andersen standard and sliding doors. Your team contacted sightline Builders as an authorized installer. Jason came out, measured our existing doors, matching the same model. With the new door ordered, Jason installed two of the three new Yale keyless locks. With our door finally received from Anderson, our installation date set, we were excited to get this door installed. Unfortunately, the Sightline Builders didn't order the door correctly, assuming we had the same door frame as the others. This door was from before the initial remodel twenty years ago.

Jason readily admitted his mistake and went above and beyond making the installation right. A new door frame had to be built along with a matching threshold. The amount of detail that Jason and the team did to make it right exceeded our expectations. Jason installed the new door and locks perfectly with professionally done drywall, stucco, caulking, and finishes. All that is left is for us to paint! We highly recommend Jason and Sightline Builders, Inc. for going above and beyond to complete our project!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I purchased a 15ft Anderson 400 series doorwall. The material is very cheap -- even the handles fall apart due to poor screws. The worst part is that Anderson customer service is useless. They cannot get replacement parts -- the first time they sent a french door part and then again put the part of on backorder. Why do they continue to sell doors when the repairs parts are on backorder. A $8,000 doorwall should not be falling apart.

Andersen Windows response

Thank you for your message. Andersen is currently experiencing longer than usual lead times on orders and select parts. We apologize for this temporary inconvenience. Thank you for your patience as we work to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

As part of our kitchen renovation, we needed a new window roughed in and installed in a 50's rambler. Our contractor was Three Rivers and man are they great. I thought I was detail oriented until I met these guys. From Window selection to install, the whole process was seamless and perfect. I would highly recommend Shawn and his crews to anyone considering this type of work.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I was redoing our kitchen and remodeling the floorplan and Ultimate Remodelers in Lombard, Illinois, the contractor that I worked with, recommended the Andersen brand. There were so many options. I was able to look at different options between a bay window or a standard window, and then the custom sizing of the windows was really quick as well. The kitchen window was put in a week and a half after I ordered and it was installed in one day. The handles that were on the new window seem to have had an issue though. They broke off on both sides. There's a weird little metal piece that's different in them. It’s different from the original Andersen windows that I had with the house. I reached out to Ultimate Remodelers about that issue earlier today, and they said they're going to try to take a look at it. For right now, we just got one window, but I'm happy with the brand and in the future, I’ll probably get more windows done.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I got the windows from Andersen that just pop into the frames that were existing. The installation was perfect. The reps measured exactly when they said they would and it was done when they said it would be finished. So far, the quality has been great. The windows are very easy to use and easy to clean. It’s a little too expensive but they’re great windows and I'm very happy.

Andersen Windows Company Information