2. Homeowners
  3. Lighting Stores

3.9/5 (225 ratings)

About Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware is a hardware retailer with more than 5,000 stores across the globe. Customers can shop from many different top brands to find what they need for home maintenance and repair. Many Ace hardware stores are independently owned and operated.

Ace Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I just purchased the Living Accents 3 pc Bistro Set from Ace Hardware. I was excited when I was notified that the order was in a day sooner than I was told it would arrive. I went and picked it up, took it home to put it together, but I could not because there was no hardware or directions to assemble it within the box. I contacted Ace Hardware's customer service and was told I would have to contact the manufacturer. I would think that Ace Hardware would stand behind the products it sells and try to make this right and contact the manufacturer on my, their customer's, behalf. I have shopped at local Ace Hardware stores for 20+ years, but that was my last purchase at Ace Hardware, the nonchalant attitude of the customer service department will make it necessary for me to spend my money elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Years ago I was introduced to woodworking and won the Industrial Arts Medallion Award and every sense I’ve had a passion in creating wood projects. I happen to go into Ace and was extremely pleased with the quality of lumber they carried. After my purchase I couldn’t wait to get started of building a pine clothing chest and was amazed how well it came out. When family saw it the orders started coming in. Three days later going back to Ace for more lumber the clerk noticed that I back and after sharing the photos of the project they too wanted a chest made. So with my new found friends at Ace I look forward to shopping there. Being at home durning this pandemic it make it easier to go right in and they know what I’m there for.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I was recently in the store to buy an air conditioner as it's hot in Portland, Oregon right now there is a head advisory and it's over 100. I am over 65 years old and even though I couldn't afford to buy it I had to because of health worries. I was not told NOT ONCE that there was no returns. My sister had a spare air conditioner she wasnt using and knowing my financial predicament gave me hers. I lugged the air conditoner back to the store UNOPENED box in perfect condition. As soon as I got in the door the same lady was only too happy to tell me I could not return it.

I said "oh yes I can" (as I was sure she was wrong). She said "do you have your receipt" and I said yes and she could not WAIT TO SHOW ME on the reciept where it said all sales final. WHY didnt she do that for me with the same excitement when she sold it to me!! Yes, it was the same lady! It's 100 degrees and I had to lug that air conditioner back out to my car. SHE DIDNT even offer to have anyone help me. I told her I will NEVER do business with your store again and I MEAN it. I am splashing this on every social network I can so I can warn others of this awful treatment!! That's how you treat your elders in your community???

Original review: July 18, 2020

Their staff knows where everything is located and will take you to the location. Their sale prices are great. Don't forget to ask for your 10% senior discount. They usually have everything that you need.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I find the ACE hardware stores much more accessible than the big box stores. In many cases they are locally owned and managed. The staff are often super knowledgeable and come up with solutions to problems I have not thought of in addition to having the needed items to accomplish the task available.

Original review: July 16, 2020

So I come from a very very small town and the ONLY hardware store we had was (Bigari’s) Ace Hardware and I could always find whatever I needed. Plus the staff is always so helpful and the store is always kept neat and clean. Highly recommend this store!

Original review: July 15, 2020

Ace Hardware is a National chain but our stores feel like neighborhood stores. The selections are good and staff very helpful. The garden section is particularly nice with a wide variety and staff that will help you with best garden choices.

Original review: July 14, 2020

This Neighborhood store is close to home with caring, honest knowledgeable employees. Even has a full line of pet care and foods And competitive pricing and saving us gas money and time. The store is kept neat and clean.

Original review: July 13, 2020

The Wilsonville Ace (Oregon) had really bad customer service. Other Ace's are great, so we drive long distances to get to the other Ace Hardwares when we need something. It's starting to be a hassle though.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Ace always has some of the more unusual and hard to find items, whether it's in their Park Road, Cornelius, or Sunset Beach store. The Park Road store in Charlotte probably has the largest collection of cabinet handles! Staff in every store are always eager to assist you with finding things.

Ace Hardware Company Information