2. Homeowners
  3. Lighting Stores

3.9/5 (222 ratings)

About Ace Hardware

Ace Hardware is a hardware retailer with more than 5,000 stores across the globe. Customers can shop from many different top brands to find what they need for home maintenance and repair. Many Ace hardware stores are independently owned and operated.

Ace Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?

Original review: July 11, 2020

Awesome Customer Service, their Employees knowledgable in everything I have ever needed help with, if one doesn't know they have another step in! Installing plumbing, electrical, home renovations, paint & painting, re-drilling a chair (incorrectly bored holes) & to installing the part to finish screwing together in assembling them, insulating windows for winter / summer. Which glue or adhesive to use, bug & yard spray, lawn & garden ANYTHING! Washers & parts for toilet & sinks..etc. they are the BEST ❣ beginning to end, One time I purchased some of the parts elsewhere & found it was the wrong ones, they got me straightened out & walked me thru the installation!! AWESOME STORE & SERVICE❣ I have used them for 26 years❣❣

Original review: July 10, 2020

Ace is a hybrid of the old fashioned corner hardware store and a modern warehouse store, with one big exception: Customer service. Their employees are knowledgeable and friendly. They know where items are located in the store and will take the time to answer questions about how to use a product or which product is right for the job. Frequent sales and reward cards are also a bonus. Smaller sizes stores are also easy to get in and out of. I like my neighborhood Ace and the manager knows me and greets me when I walk in. I recommend Ace Hardware. It's a friendly place.

Original review: July 9, 2020

My local Ace Hardware is a family-owned business. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. While I've bought many items there (from Benjamin Moore paint to a Stihl electric saw); it is their garden department I like the best. I've found heirloom seeds, organic fertilizer, hand tools and a wheelbarrow. They also sell topsoil and healthy plants. I can have keys made there, can purchase a gift item (bird houses, chimes, etc.), find plumbing and lighting fixtures. The store is clean, well lit and even boasts of housing a small post office.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I shop mostly at Home Depot because it is so close to my house, but I've found that when I want to purchase larger items that Ace Hardware has better customer service. They are smaller and are more willing to earn the trust of the customer. I can also take my (chainsaw and e-mower) back to Ace for servicing. I appreciate the extra steps they take to make sure that I am a satisfied customer.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I went to my local Ace hardware with a plumbing problem. The employee, Uncle Willie, wanted me. He not only helped me select the right parts, he show me how to correctly install them. He said if I had any problems please come back for help. He was so helpful that when I needed glass cut to install in my front door he was right there. Big shout out to my local Ace Hardware.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have always been so pleased by the customer service and the mom and pop owned feel of any Ace hardware in any city I have lived. Their employees go above and beyond to help you with what you need, even if it means sending you to a competitor because they don’t have what you’re looking for.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Local hardware and they help when needed. They will order items not in stock. Prices are somewhat higher than on line, but you can see what you are buying. I buy local when I can. I have to drive about 15 miles but I go into town to get food anyway.

Original review: July 4, 2020

Helpful, courteous and quick! Those are some of the words I describe the service I got from Ace Hardware. I went in for a store pick up and I went in and they were more than ready to help me with my pickup order! Thank you!

Original review: July 3, 2020

Every Ace Hardware location I’ve ever shopped in has always been well stocked. The staff is always very accommodating & helpful. Most items are fairly priced. I like the small hardware store feel compared to a larger store.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I went to the Ace Hardware in Fluvanna Va. Masks are mandated here, yet no one was wearing them. After getting several unfriendly stares, and no offer of help from the staff in finding my item, I left.

Ace Hardware Company Information