Sony

Sony

4.0/5 (341 ratings)

About Sony

Sony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I bought the above listed sound bar, and I spent the money to buy the subwoofer and the surround sound speakers to go with it. About one month into having the system I started having connectivity issues with the Surrounds and the subwoofer connecting and disconnecting with the main unit or rather the main sound bar so what I ended up doing, is troubleshooting the unit with all the information that Sony provided online but that did not fix the problem. I then contacted Sony directly via telephone and I still couldn’t get the thing to work properly. So Sony recommended that I sent it to United radio which is their contracted repair company in Syracuse New York and they could not replicate and/or fix the problem.

I explained to United radio that the unit needed to be used for a particular duration of time to replicate the problem that I was having. Regardless of my attempts to get them to properly field test it, they sent it back to me. I now have this unit again in my home and it’s still doing the same thing it was doing before I sent it off to United radio in regards to the Surrounds and the subwoofer disconnecting from the main unit.

I just called Sony and they told me I would have to send it off to United radio again. I feel that this is poor customer service because if I’ve already boxed up a whole system in three separate boxes, sent it off to their repair center and had it sent back to me all after not even having the system for four months. I should have the opportunity to at least get another sound bar a different model number, but Sony will not do that for me. It's very disappointing and in all honesty it will probably be the last product I buy with Sony and over the years I’ve purchased a lot of items from them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Stopped working after being used for several times and wouldn't charge. It was exchanged as was still under warranty but the same thing happened again and it wouldn't charge or turn on. The 6-8 hrs battery life was more like 1-2 hrs from day 1, even on a full charge. Poor product and even poorer customer service.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

My girlfriend bought me headphones for Christmas, Since day 1 had issues with them but resetting usually solved it. Now they won't charge at all and without a receipt they won't honor the warranty. Who gives receipts with gifts? Waste of money, go with BOSE Headphones instead, never had issues with them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I sent my $900 sound bar in for service under warranty. When I received the sound bar back it was damaged during shipping. Sony refuses to replace Or repair of the sound bar and wants to charge me $136 for the repair. Do not deal with this company.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I had purchased earphones from Sony which didn't work after few months, but since there was a warranty for 1 year they replaced it with a new one. It was not difficult to get a new one. I give it a 3 star.

Original review: May 6, 2022

After purchasing a new TV we realized after some time has passed (6 months after purchase) that there is a dead pixel. We contact Sony and to our surprise, they provided no repair or replacement warranty option. We are very disappointed with the service, and we will not be buying a sony product in the future. We expect a company like Sony to step up and provide a much better service and customer communication, especially for a product that is only 6 months old.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I purchased the lens and a few months later and only having used it a handful of times in between I was on a walk camera in hand and half of the lens just randomly fell to the ground. Earlier that same day I had noticed the lens wasn't hitting in focus, but thought hmm odd. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Nope - that was the first sign that something was off about it. I never hit it on anything or dropped it on accident and it was always stored in a padded camera bag. There are no markings and it's clear that it fell off due to a defect and manufacturing error yet when I brought it to Sony they said "the warranty that we provide only covers any malfunction with the unit knowing the unit will be without any Physical damage at the moment of sale" ... and "Every time we package a unit, every unit goes through a verification process to make sure was built correctly." If the lens was built correctly then why did it fall in half at random after only a few uses.

This was an expensive purchase and they are not willing to offer a replacement or repair. I brought it to my local camera repair shop and they said because it's in 2 pieces on Sony will repair it. So now it's a very expensive paper weight as nobody is able to fix it and Sony customer services has been awful. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I purchased a sony brand headphone, but the hinge broke and couldn’t exchange or return as the warranty expired. I searched on the internet , and found 10’s of videos about this specific headphone having a defect. The hinge has a manufacturing problem. I sent 8 letters to headquarters here in the states. I was offered a lousy discount if I buy a new product. I sent 2 more letters to Japan this time (Hiroki Totoki and Kenichiro Yoshida – CEO). Today I was notified that Sony Engineers admit that this model has a defect (finally!) but still they will not fix or replace the broken headphone. I was offered a 15% discount if I buy a new one. Even if they offer me a 50% discount at this point I will never invest 1 single dollar on any sony product. A company this large admits that their product has a defect, but cannot fix or replace the product. No more Sony brand products. Ever. Period.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

All three headphones sets did not work correctly when I receive them. After numerous conversations with technical support I did get the third set to work for two weeks, and now it turns off my music every five seconds. The main problems Are:

Noise canceling automatically turns off after five minutes from the factory and some models don’t offer any way to change that.
    Microphone erroneously causes noise canceling to turn off very frequently when you’re simply mowing the grass.

Swiping features are extremely inconsistent and often cause you to change songs when you’re hoping to change volume.

Sony will not give me my money back, so I am now in this routine of resetting the headphones at the charging station every time I use them. This is possibly The worst product experience I have ever had. I have only been successful in enjoying my headphones while mowing the grass twice in the past year!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Purchased from Target on 12/5/2020 for $90.00 + Tax. Product replaces an older Sony DVD player which gave good service for 10 years. Unlike the older model, this one has a port for a thumb drive (music/photos, etc.) and several common, built-in apps (Netflix, You Tube and several more). Not hard to connect. Displays beautifully on huge TV. After over a year of use, my wife and I are very pleased.

Sony Company Information