2. Miscellaneous

Sony

4.1/5 (456 ratings)

About Sony

Sony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I have a Sony digital camera that can be used with or without a memory stick. After taking pictures they load onto my laptop, for better viewing, via a data cord from the camera to the laptop, like a thumb drive or by moving the memory stick from the camera to the laptop. I like the lightweight camera and use it for taking nature shots when I'm ocean kayaking. I also use it as a scanner to take photos of documents and send them as attachments. Its small size and rugged construction allows me to put it in my dig kit and use it to document archaeological field work. The battery is exceptional and has never failed me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I am a professional Photographer recently upgraded from Nikon DSLR to Sony Mirrorless a7r iii and I am super impressed with the quality and focus points specifically. The color profiles on camera are amazing along with the fast shutter speed. My main reason for the convert was the weight and Sony did not disappoint. It's significantly lighter than my previous DSLR and for my second camera I have decided to keep my sony Crop sensor mirrorless.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

It is the best camera with tech of all camera and this to operate an and well give you the better quality and top the pic of 55. One of the fact is the lens you can all of The Minolta camera lens and the weight is right on and the is the fastest.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Sony has done a great job of packing larger quality sensors into smaller sized cameras, then allowing you to collect downsampled footage (except in extreme S&Q modes) in 4k and 1080p. Overall just a fantastic ecosystem of cameras, which work surprisingly well with each other. From the Sony RX0 action cameras to the Sony FS line of super-35 camcorders, I have been thoroughly impressed by the quality of footage that can be captured on Sony mirrorless cameras.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have had my Sony phone for over 2 years and I still love it, very reliable and fast, they have great support, a superb camera. I don't have anything negative to say about my Sony phone. If you want a superb phone buy Sony.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Shitty company with ** products. Have the GTKXB72 speaker. Have not even had a month yet and it's on its way to the repair shop for second time with same issue and Sony says that my WARRANTY only covers repairs not replacement. Will NEVER BUY anything that's a Sony brand again. Also customer service people are very rude. Do not waste your money on buying anything Sony.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I'm selling my ps4 and switching to xbox, I really like Sony's Playstation 4 console and it's really fun to play on and with friends but I think it's stupid how difficult it is just to create an account, and you can rarely ever use guest because you can only use guest accounts offline, and also 2fa is being stupid because I can't turn it off and without the code I can't play anything online or watch netflix or youtube, and because of that I can't sign into the ps app either, and no one will get a hold of me, I tried calling customer service, and every month it seems like you have to repeatedly sign back into psn, it's just not worth all the Hassle.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I ordered very expensive WH-1000XM4 headphone from Sony and I received a defective one so they offered me a replacement. Now, it's been many days I haven't received the replacement and yesterday I got an update that the package was delivered. When I spoke with the courier service provider (Purolator) they said that the driver delivered the package.

After speaking with Sony customer service as well as Purolator customer service I came to know that no one is taking the responsibilities of the lost or stolen package and Sony did not bother to request a signature of the recipient for such an expensive package. I have been struggling to get the replacement device which somehow disappeared.

I spent nearly $500 for a headphone and I did not get any headphone. On top of that I got a pathetic response from the Sony Customer Service people that it's not their responsibility that the package got lost. My simple question was that why didn't they ship the package with the requirement of receiver's signature or choose a responsible courier service. I have been back and forth with Sony and they clearly refused to refund me or gave me the replacement device. I lost $500 and did not get what I paid for. It's a big shame on a company like Sony.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Firstly it took 5 tries to accomplish this on Sony customer support. Well somebody hacked into my Sony account and ripped of games for a second time, last time they refunded it. This time and mind you, I caught it the same day, they said it was already downloaded so they were powerless to refund it. How much money does Sony have that they can't afford to refund a $40 game. Or is it that they are so powerful that they don't give a crap if they lose one or ten or a thousand customers because they have a billion more. I hate these companies. I believe they should e boycotted to teach them a lesson for once. Down with Sony and the rest of these multibillion dollar companies that are too powerless to refund $40 to an unemployed ex customer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I had purchased Blu Ray N9200 system on 26-June - 2017. Around March April I have registered complaint (you will get record in your system) regarding WIFI Box of the above system is not working, But later on because of lock down I am unable to drop this box in your service station, Later on again I have registered complaint for the same after lock down & dropped WIFI box to nearby Service centre of SONY (in Kothrud Pune), JOB no is – **. But still after 3, 4 months I don't get Box replaced or repaired, got feedback spare parts are not available, Also got offer for replacement for System with new but which is I feel, why should I invest again approx. 40K again with very less discount for this short period (only approx. 2 years I used this system).

As I already invest approx. 60 K while buying the system, this is not worth offer, Also Currently I could found on Sony website same system is still available for selling. Also in Physical retail Shops it's available, so why could I don’t get its spare parts for repair or BOX itself to be repair??? This is really a worst response I am getting from SONY which is reliable & brand name in market,

Sony Company Information