Sony

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I contacted customer service about a defective Blu-ray player, (BDP-S6500 purchased less than a year ago), yesterday and got horrible customer service. I have been a loyal Sony customer for years, but after this experience, I am no longer. I called to get a replacement on my Blu-ray player as the first time I unplugged the machine to move it, the little plastic piece on the back of the power supply came out. I was told by April, C7C0 that this was not covered as I must have done physical damage to the machine. I tried to explain to her that all I did was unplug it once, so this must be a defect in this machine.

She said that Sony doesn't ever produce defective products (which is a lie as QC cannot catch every defect) and that the machine was in good working order when I bought it so this couldn't be a defect. I again tried to explain that there was no way for me to know that this piece was defective when I purchase the Blu-ray, as you can't see that there is anything wrong with it until you plugged it in and tried to remove the cord once. I asked to speak to a supervisor or anyone else that may be able to assist me (I offered to send pictures to prove that machine was not physically damaged) and was told that supervisors never talked to customers. I asked for the address to HQ so I could send a certified letter with pictures and was told that they don't give out the address. I urge everyone to not buy Sony products as they do not stand behind them.

I bought this video projector vlp-hw30es 3 years ago and noticed that the focus dial did not go past the point of clear when turning back and forth. I had shipped it to New York for 85. And they fixed it which means it was a defect from the start. But they also discovered the bulb with only 970 hours was flickering. So I called Sony and they said basically TOO BAD. SPEND 500 DOLLARS FOR A NEW BULB. I have bought many Sony products but never again.

Sony Smart TV Model RC55 - We purchased this TV in April of 2016. Warranty was for 1 year, purchased a second warranty as well. We set up the TV, it took 5 to 7 minutes to come on, then it kept going on and off and on and off. I had gotten hold of someone who did a test on the original TV in April and said it was not working right but after that nothing. After talking to him I could not get back to where he was again. We called Customer Service number which takes you to the Philippines, Columbia, one lady said she was off shore, they go through the same process over and over and over and over and over. They refuse to escalate you because they say they can handle your problem, they all ask the same questions. Your personal information, confirm everything, they go offline and say "can you give me 2 minutes to go find your file", they come back and ask for another two minutes.

They then tell you that they will have to have someone call you back but it will be 24 hours. I was given you the same number 877-899-7669. You go through the same thing as above with the same result, someone will call you back in 24 hours. I went though this from April until October, I cannot even tell you how many times. They leave a message with a name and the same number as above. About two weeks ago I finally got escalated to John. They will call you back by telephone before you are awake in the morning. I had people rude and hang up and people who said they were escalating and that they would wait 30 seconds then I had to wait on the line myself. The line cut off and I had to start the same circus routine all over again calling 877-899-7669, getting nowhere. I finally screamed at someone to get me to the proper person.

After 6 plus months of not even using the TV we had packed it away until we got a replacement. In September they called me and said I would not get another TV in exchange they would send me a new adapter. 3 weeks later they called and said they could not send the adapter and were sending out a re conditioned TV. I said "NO. NO. I will not accept a reconditioned TV." I was finally escalated the call and I worked through email to have a new TV sent to me. He wanted a charge card number. I said "NO, I have not been able to use this TV." He asked for a Credit Card number in order to send me a replacement TV. I said "why do you need a credit card number. The TV is paid for and I am not responsible for shipping a new TV." He then said "I had to send this TV back and when they knew it was on the way they would send the new one."

I said "no I will receive the new one then send the broken one back by Purolator, after I received the new on and when I got the shipping label for the broken one." This is despicable service. This company should not be in business. Sony could hire Canadian people who need work and have a phone number where one could contact the person you previously talked to. I now have a replacement TV but they keep calling because I want the year's warranty on the replacement as I never used it. I was told I could only have 3 months. Now I am trying to contact someone about this, they called me this morning before I was out of bed. I have been two hours trying to get back to them as they give me the same contact number and it's the same merry go round again. They now say it will be 24 hours.

I looked up the Ontario number and contacted an office there. They put me through to someone who is on vacation until the end of October. I did not understand the number he gave me or maybe I got it wrong but I now have a message in to Michelle in Ontario to call back. We will see what happens. I still have to arrange to send the problem TV back. I have been a customer service person all my life this is something that could have taken a couple of calls and less than 1 hour to fix. Sony pays these people .50 for nothing. Why don't they just give them donations and have a proper customer service department in the country where their office is. I will NEVER buy anything SONY again. I have 3 Sony TVs and other products but this will be the very last. I want to get in on a class action suit but need to contact the person who is setting it up. He did not leave a contact number.

I called Sony for help as my DVD player would not read any disk five minutes after I had just watched a movie. I called customer service and they could not help me?? What do these people get paid for? Not only was it outsourced tech support and the lady could barely understand English, but I had absolutely NO resolution to my issue and was directed to the website where I STILL have no REAL answer about what the issue is. This is a new player. It had only been used one other time and now it doesn't? SONY products were more of a piece of junk than I realized. NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT AGAIN!! AND... don't call for help people! That is NOT the job of SONY customer support.

My issue is rather minor compared to the ones I've read, but my horrible experience with Sony is the same. I purchased some Sony earbuds from Target for $13 and after a day they stopped working. So I emailed Sony and was told they needed a model number. Who keeps packaging and a receipt for a $13 item that initially worked? So I sent them a link to the item on the Target website. I was then told I had to CALL some other department so they could TALK me through some troubleshooting steps. FOR EARBUDS. Are you kidding me?

So, for giggles, I called and was told to unplug the earbuds from my computer and plug them back in to "fix" the issue, which, of course, was a complete joke. I was then told that it was my computer that was defective, not their earbuds. So I asked why do my other earbuds (not Sony) work, and was told, "Well, if you have working earbuds then what's your problem?" SERIOUSLY??? Unreal. I sent another email saying that for a company that earns $70+ billion in revenues every year to not assist a customer with a $13 item is ridiculous and that I would NEVER purchase another Sony product again. I also told them that I would ensure that everyone I know knows about this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Recently I visited Lohagad fort pune and due to heavy rain my SONY C3 is not able to charge but sometime it will. So I planned to visit SONY support center. Sony support center take my mobile and says to me that "call us tomorrow. If problem is minor then it will resolved and you can take your phone tomorrow itself." So I called next day and someone from support center said that estimation of your is there. So I asked what estimation? So he said to me 8700 rs. I was shocked and said why? So support person said motherboard, camera and back panel so I said I don't want to change my back panel and camera. And if motherboard is not working then how it will charge few times. So shocking lines said by Sony support center is "WE ARE NOT REPAIR PARTIALLY". I said "what you are saying my front camera is working fine just some fluid are there on top of the camera and my back panel is ok." I totally shocked after listen all this.

I planned to take my phone back. There is nowhere written that "we cannot do partial repair". I invested 350 rs as a service charge that is totally waste of money. I took my phone back and show it to local mobile repair center. I told about moisture and all so he told me that wait for half hour and charge is 300 rs. I said ok. After 20 minute I got my phone with proper working. So if your phone have warranty then go to the Sony support center. If not then don't go because these people replace the things in the place of repair. SONY SUPPORT CENTER LOCAL MOBILE REPAIR CENTER. Service charge: 300 and that all 350. Estimation 8700.

Total 8700 + 250 = 8950.

They have had my tablet for repair for almost a month and still no word, no nothing. I call and get the Domincan Republic. They are no help at all. To compare, I sent my Microsoft Surface in for repair and had it back in 4 days. 4 days! Sony isn't even out of bed at 4 days. No wonder their laptop business went under. I'm surprised they're still in business. If it wasn't for their movie business they probably would be. I just spent an hour on the phone traveling through voice attendant hell trying to get to someone at corporate headquarters. Finally hung up in disgust. Sony, hands down, is the worst company I've ever dealt with and will NEVER buy anything from them again. I'm going to give it one more week. Then I'm going to send an email about this experience to every single officer in the company, US and Japan. Then I'm going to file a small claim in court for a stolen tablet.

I bought 8 movies from them back in 2011. When you buy a movie it is supposed to be yours for good. 5 years after I go try to look for it again, and it is still there, except it asks me to buy it again. I call them to ask them what's going on, and they tell me that the license between then Sony, and the merchant Sports Illustrated, expired at some point, and when the license re-initiated is like starting it all over again. However how is that an excuse? If you buy, not rent a movie, 3, 4, 5 years from now, it should still be your movie. They straight up stole my money with false promises.

They also like to advertise the PlayStation Vita on their system and make them look they are console releases so people make the mistake and buy them thinking they will work with their console, the actual console they use to buy them, but then when they download they say it won't work with the console, so when you call them for a refund all they say is all purchases are final, meaning again they straight up steal people's money shamelessly.

My mom bought a DVD player from Sony and never used it so she gave it to me. When I opened the box, there was no remote. I called Sony nicely asking them to send me a remote. They were extremely rude and difficult and refused to give me a remote, and said that I had to purchase one, even though it is supposed to come with one. I asked to speak to someone else and they refused and hung up. I called back twice and had the same feedback and all three times they were rude and ignorant. I am never using Sony again.

Purchased 3 Sony D-EJ011 players for my kids. I called the Sony 1800 number to find a place that I could maybe get 1 of them fixed that had the eye that stopped working yesterday. The first rep just took my name and phone and was in the process of looking when somehow I was connected back to the main menu. I went back through the prompts and back to another rep who wanted to start back over with name, phone number, zip. Then I was asked for my address and other such which I don't understand why that is needed when the zip was given. I just want to find a repair place to see if it is worth fixing. Which is sad to have to do in the first place as it is just over a year old. I asked to speak with his superior and he would not get one for me as he did not have all my info "plugged" into his system... really???

Sony does not need to know info about me to give me a repair number. And the reps are so off track that they can't transfer me to a superior if they can't follow their data entry protocol. It is like dealing with a robot. Does anyone in office management ever listen to a phone call to see how terrible a customer is treated and how much time they take with questions that are irrelevant to the situation. I just need a local phone number for repair. It will most likely be too much to fix anyway. Too bad in our day and age things are so disposable and consumers' hard earned money buys faulty products and manufacturers don't even care if their products only last right out of warranty.

A person should always use precaution purchasing audio products from Sony. I purchased a 3 yr ex-warranty on my walkman in 2013 for 14.99. I recently filed a claim on 1/31/16, they are acting as if they don't me. They promised to email me shipping labels within 24-48 hrs for repair/exchange, I never receive them yet. I'm tired of calling and begging. This company simply has no ethics or morals.

Charged $638.93 on one credit card, and $547.89 on another card the same day. Charges were not his or authorized. After several attempts to correct the charges, they were denied. Complaint letter send in December, no reply.

Sony prides themselves on customer service however when I purchase a stereo receiver STR-DH750 with remote there was no operators manual for the remote. Sony insists there should have been one in the box and that the only way for me to get one would be to buy one for approx. $26.00. The retailer I purchase this unit from advised that Sony is known for not including the manuals for the remotes. Sony was going to look into this issue and get back with me. They never DID.

I completed and mailed my consumer warranty card to Sony however they did not have it on file. I used their online question and answer service by posting 2 questions which according to the site I would receive an answer in 24/48 hours. After approx 5 days I finally got an answer. 7 mins after I spoke with customer service and the answer was of no use to me without the remote operators manual. I will never again purchase a Sony product and will encourage others not to also. That's all they had to do was mail me the 36 page manual.

I have repeatedly tried to get service for my Sony STR DN1050. The receiver no longer sends out an HDMI signal. I have made 3 calls and done esupport twice. They had me repeat a number of tests three or 4 times over, then they forwarded me to "tier 2 support". Nobody wants to admit it's a hardware issue and the need to have me send it back for repair. When I asked for it be sent back the guy told me it only had a one year warranty. I had to pull out my hard copy of the warranty that said two years before he would admit it was still covered. So far have wasted 3 hours with these folks and got nowhere. Their strategy seems to be to tire you out so you give up. I guess they get no bonus if they ever provide service? Meanwhile receiver still dead.

I purchased this TV from Best Buy in January 2015 at the full retail price of $2799. Intermittently, I have been having problems with the TV losing the WiFi connection or not being able to connect. I finally called Sony technical support to wit they did a variety of remote things to the TV which all resulted in a temporary fix. Now, whenever I turn on the TV, I have to go through the reconnect to WiFi process. Sony also had me unplug the TV (error code 1106), change settings, etc. all doing nothing to correct the problem of connectivity. It is not my WiFi service as the 40" Samsung HDTV operates flawlessly in the bedroom using the same WiFi connection.

It's really ridiculous and now the TV is out of warranty and I am screwed. Sony used their archaic Opera operating system which is compatible with nothing and supports nothing (no flash player to watch internet TV programming). If there is not an app, you can't watch it. For example Netflix, if you try to open it with the browser it will not work. Sony has apparently realized this is a horrible issue and now the new XBRs have Android. Sony knowing sold us a substandard operating system on an otherwise world class TV with no way to upgrade or change browsers. Shame on you Sony.

I bought a home audio system, the bluetooth wouldn't works, so I tried the store where I bought it and they said to contact Sony. Only the only help you can get from Sony is a terrible chat service when the representative knows NOTHING about the product or bluetooth. HORRIBLE.

I called SONY TV. I will Give 1/10 Star (worst than worst than worst.) (Don't Call sony, Don't waste your money and time, Don't Buy any SONY TV Products.) While unpacking my finger lightly touch screen, Screen has lines. I called SONY customer service center. They told me "please send pictures." I sent then they told me, "we are not refund anything because you are not under warranty."

I send My purchase receipt, then next day I called SONY Customer service. They told me "we exchange your TV" and they take my personal Information and tell me a specific date for exchange. The very Next day they called me "we don't cover your TV." I ask that not fair. "Yesterday only you guys promised to exchange TV." Then It went customer relation department. They they suggest me please go to following "Electronic Laboratory" authorized dealers. They said they will pay diagnosis report money. After diagnosis their Authorized photos they said "we are not refund your money or exchange TV." Part information Part #: 1-811-859-11. THIS TV HAS A DEFECTIVE LCD PANEL.

Sony does not even deserve one star rating; it should be minus five Star. I sent my Sony Vaio Duo 11 SVD112290S Ultrabook for repair on Sept 24, 2015, over two months ago. I heard nothing back from Sony; so, I started calling them to find out what was going on with my repair. First, I could not connect to the right department, since, their phone answering system and customer service send you on a merry-go-round; it's a long time to find the right place.

After reaching the warranty rep. (who was sitting in Philippines), he told me that Sony had no idea when the part would arrive, so, I cannot have my laptop back until they receive the part. It could take one month, two months... who knows! The second time, the rep. elevated my issue to critical in order to speed up the repair process; nothing happened. The third time, the rep. suggested that I could get my money back, but the customer relations will decide what the amount of refund will be. He said that someone from customer relations should call me within 1 to 4 business days to let me know the results; again, I did not hear anything from Sony.

After a week, I called again today. The first rep. that I spoke to, she repeated the same answer, in response to my various comments and questions, either she was high or on autopilot. The second rep. told me that he would escalate my case again, and I should receive a call from Sony Customer Relations tomorrow or the next day. I asked for the contact number for the Sony Customer Relations, but nobody had their number, including the Sony support staff.

In conclusion, I ordered my Sony ultrabook at the end of May 2014 and spent about $3,000 for the laptop, accessories, and extra 2-year warranty. I wanted a reliable computer that would last a few years, since I have my own very small business, and need my laptop for work. I have a very tight budget and limited resources; so, I cannot just buy another one without knowing what Sony will do for me. I was forced to borrow a 2009 Apple Pro. (very very very slow) from my friend until I resolve my issue. I do not know what to do anymore. So, my struggle continues. This has been very stressful and upsetting process for me. I hope I will not have a heart attack because of Sony's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad customer support.

I bought Sony headphones at Walmart today thinking they were the next best thing to Apple EarPods because everyone know that Apple has really nice headphones. But it turned out that they were sold out so me knowing that Sony makes PlayStation and television I thought they were going to be the next best thing. To my disappointment, they are literally the worst headphones I've had. They do get loud but the quality doesn't compare to any of the headphones I've had prior. What I'm most upset about is the money I paid for these and they aren't even worth it. I'm going to return them and never consider Sony as a first or second choice again.

After contacting Sony regarding an alarm clock radio's charging feature not properly working and still under warranty, they required that I send them the defective product to their McAllen, TX site and they would send me an identical replacement or similar product. A month went by with no contact, so I called them to check on the status. As a result of my call, they told me they didn't have a replacement. They could only offer me $79 (the amount I purchased it for). I explained I would then like to have my original product returned to me as all the other features on the clock radio still worked. Sony told me they couldn't do that either. Problem is to replace the product at today's cost is now double what I paid for it 10 months ago and should not be at my additional cost.

For Sony, a multi-billion dollar company to replace it is just a drop in the bucket. I would NOT have sent in my clock radio had they not lied and told me there was a replacement! I have made 9 calls and they are all answered by representatives in Central America or Philippines. I'm disgusted at how they've handled my calls. Representatives are rude and will not escalate my calls to upper management, nor return my calls. At this time, I've contacted the Federal Trade Commission, the Texas Attorney General and the local BBB. A Class Action lawsuit can be filed if others are willing to assist me. We need to let Sony know they cannot treat customers this way.

Originally called because I was having issues with the remote, not responding while watching a streaming service like Netflix and Amazon. Didn't always have a problem, but go progressively worse over a couple of months and I could always fix it by unplugging the power. I explained this to the representative and they had me reset the system, update software, check the internet speed, change the DNS and network settings. Fine, I'll try all that and give it a shot. Still didn't fix the issue, but figured I could live with it.

A few weeks after the initial problem, the picture started to flicker when I turned it on after it had previously been turned off. Again, the only way to resolve this is to unplug the power. I called back and got the same runaround. Check your internet settings, reset the system, check the internet speed... This is clearly not an internet issue! After frustratingly telling them that this has nothing to do with the issue, I was transferred to another department. I had to explain the issues again! Isn't this in your notes?! After explaining the issue, I was told they would contact me in 24 hours. Didn't happen...

One week later, I called back, had to explain the issue again even though I had a reference number! How many times do I have to explain the same issue?! They tried to coach me through the same process, but didn't have patience for them to tell me to reset the system, check the internet speed, etc. I blatantly told them that has nothing to do with what's going on. They finally told me that it could be a hardware issue. Really!? I couldn't have guessed...

Finally, some progress! They then told me I'd need to send in the unit to get repaired. OK, I explained this a major part of my system and asked, how long is this going to take? 7-10 business days they said. In my frustration, I said Best Buy can fix this faster and hung up. In hindsight, I should have asked to speak to his manager. I think the most frustrating part of the whole story is, our friend had issues with the same system and they sent him a new one before he had to send his old one back.

I purchased online game play at 129.00 and they charged me twice and refused to give a refund.

I'm Rvanidran from Chennai. Purchased a Sony LED TV on 3/1/15 (sony KLV-32R482B), product:18621301, Serial no: 3325833. I mainly purchased it for some of new features like screen mirroring, wifi direct etc, but they delivered a defective product and wifi, screen mirroring options are not working and moreover TV itself has some problems and when contacted Sony service centre, Service ppl come and checked the TV and told that they need to replace the hardware and fix few board issues. No one would like their brand new TV to be problematic. And now it has been months and I have called them SEVERAL NUMBER OF TIMES but the service people are not paying heed to the service or replacement request. I'm planning to lodge a complaint in consumer court on this issue. I'm truly dissatisfied with Sony service and would not suggest anyone to go for Sony product in future.

I have just ended a phone call with technical support agent, Mark EE# ** (from your El Salvador Call Center), who repeatedly spoke over me, would not transfer me to a Technical Support Supervisor despite repeated requests, and as a resolution to my non-working pair of headphones purchased this year, only offered me a 15% discount on another pair. Mark also advised he was unable to provide the name of the supervisor and that the supervisor's job was only to make sure he handled his calls well and that he could not pass along my call over to his supervisor and that his supervisor would provide me any recourse - really?!? I am infuriated by this horrendous technical support conversation. I was advised that there are no options to repair headphones and that they generally replace them.

However in my case, since it was 1 1/2 months out of the 90-day warranty window he could offer me 15% off. I asked if it made any sense for me to purchase another pair of headphones that did not last 4 months without working properly. Sony should really stand behind their products, as ensuring a product is working within 90 days of purchase is a bit ridiculous. Secondly, their support team should be better skilled at the basics of handling service calls by not talking over a customer (he had the nerve to say I was doing the same thing when I called him out that he was speaking over me and I admit that I did, however it was due to his not letting me finish speaking multiple times - ridiculous), escalating to a supervisor when requested, and certainly not make assumptions as to what I would want to speak to a supervisor about. I am truly embarrassed for Sony.

We just purchased a brand new 65 inch sony flat screen from Best Buy. The tv is about 45 days old from the date of purchase. We have had a problem, while watching either cable or a DVD for no reason the screen will turn green and have vertical lines making a loud buzzing noise. Have talked to numerous people about the problem at Sony and all they say is unplug this, plug in that, reboot this, download that. Still a problem and WOULD NOT recommend anyone to BUY the new 4k SONY TV. Still waiting on solution to problem.

Purchased at Best Buy. After several months and very light use, the USB connection began to malfunction. When using it to play MP3 songs contained on a flash drive, music would cut off during playback, then start the next selection. Sometimes it would operate properly for several cuts, then the issue would begin all over again. Contacting Sony customer care, I was told the unit had been discontinued in 2011, yet Best Buy was still selling it as current merchandise. I was met with resistance from the Sony representative, claiming I couldn't have possibly purchased the unit in 2015, just several months prior. Followed by complete uncertainty as to how to resolve the issue and finally, getting to the point of authorizing return for warranty repair.

The steps necessary to return a defective piece of electronics to Sony was a nightmare which involved multiple calls and paperwork. Finally, I received authorization only to experience a whopping $32.00 charge in order to ship the unit back. Shipping under warranty should be paid by Sony; not the customer. Needless to say, as a former loyal Sony electronics customer, this represents my final purchase of any Sony product. Learning the hard way, the manufacturer barely stands behind its products and makes the customer feel like a criminal in the process of warranty service. Sony might want to check with Bose for the proper way to handle customer service.

What has happened to the great Sony? I have purchased two products from them in the past 2 years, both of them were defective.

1. Sony Vaio computer- purchased product with a defective motherboard. This issue took 3 months to correct. The Vaio warranty is not handled by Sony, it is outsourced. Instead of swapping the unit, Sony (warranty company) made two attempts to repair the unit that were unsuccessful. The unit was then sent to Texas for three weeks. Crazy. Surely the company spent more than a new laptop would cost them in failed attempts and employee time. The unit is working, however it does not work 100% of the time. We have grown tired and have decided to accept the poor performance vs. the process to correct the issue. Thought - Sony's new practice to sell products, outsource customer relations to companies who wear out the customer with poor service is not a good one. This will be the last Vaio.

2. Sony MDR V-6 Headphone. Probably one of the best designed headphones introduced in the 1990's. This unit is still available on Sony.com and my unit was purchased with a valid warranty. Out of the box, the left ear driver was unable to produce sound. I called Sony support, received return information and shipped the product to McAllen Tx. I heard nothing regarding the unit being received by the McAllen facility, so I called two weeks in to the process. The unit was not found, then I was told it was found, but under a different exchange confirmation #. Ok. I was told the warehouse was having problems and had lost all of the paperwork, receipt and return information. Wow. Ok.

We got it straight before we disconnected the call. I was told the new unit would be shipping and I would have it in 10 days. Nothing happened. I called back after 30 days and was told the unit could not be shipped because it was not available. I was offered a cheaper unit - not the MDR-V6. I can find the MDR V-6 online at Sony.com. I was told it was not in any warehouse and had been discontinued as it was a 1997 model. I agreed to the lower priced product offered by Sony, not happy about it.

I was called (second call) again and asked the same question by Sony Customer Care. We went through the details again. For a third time I was called by customer support. I was informed I was receiving a refund. I responded to the call informing Customer Care a solution had been reached, twice. I informed my rep. the original headphones were still available on Sony.com.... As of now the situation has not been resolved. It has been escalated to the National Customer Relations Team, an internal department located somewhere unknown to my service representative. The call center I spoke with is located in the Philippines.

In the 1990's I made a point to purchase Sony products. I had and still have Sony audio, TV, cordless phone and car stereo products. No problems. What has happened to Sony? I understand things happen and life is not perfect. Sony's reaction to these issues is beyond my imagination. Disappointed and saddened.

They don't even deserve a 1/2 star. I've never experienced such bad service by such a recognizable brand before in my life. I received a 70" 4k TV as a wedding gift last October of 2014 and we're only June and the TV is displaying a red vertical line across the middle of the screen. At first I thought, "Luckily it's a Sony and I have an 18 month warranty." Little did I know that the company that I so looked up to was going to beat into submission. After calling them up and trying for hours to speak to the right person, I finally had someone on the phone that made it seem like he was going to help me. He gave me the option of a refund or a refurbished TV.

Since the TV was a wedding gift and tracking that receipt would be difficult and embarrassing, my only option left was to get stuck with a refurbished TV. I argued my case that I didn't think that was fair and that all I wanted was a new one. They finally agreed. I asked them to confirm if they had it in stock and they did. They required me to supply them with my credit card information in case the defective TV wasn't there to be picked up once they deliver the new one.

Sony gave me a confirmation number for the delivery and said it would arrive with a shipping company called Ceba within 5/7 business days. After not receiving any notice by the 7th business day I called them up to see what was going on. They said they were still reviewing my case and they will get back to me in 48 business hours but since it was Friday, I needed to wait until Tuesday. They still never replied. Is this a joke? They are like the Bernie Madoff of electronics.

Sony service very bad at Kadapa. They did not respond properly timely. For adapter problem they are taking 20 days time to replace. Don't purchase Sony products as my feeling they very poor for after sale service.

My phone bought in the month of Oct 2014 and now it's about 8 months. I was using the phone and was in good condition and all of a sudden the touch screen didn't work. Tried switching off the phone to check if it has hanged but end of the day didn't work. We had taken the phone to the Indiranagar service center in Bangalore and had to wait for about 2 hours just to hand over the phone for service and collect a acknowledgment. And we got a call after a day saying that the phone cannot be covered under warranty as it is a software issue and demands Rs 6000/- just to rectify the same.

They claim that the phone should have been dropped down and that's the reason why it's not working. If the phone was dropped it should have been a hardware issue and not a software issue. How do we prove that the phone wasn't dropped and was taken care well? But this instance occurred naturally while using in normal conditions. What does the warranty stand for? When it doesn't cover any errors of the phone. Pathetic service.

Sony Company Profile