Sony
4.03/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sony

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sony Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I'm making this review about Sony Playstation and everything involved (ps store, games). I bought this console since the first day, the best platform to play, completely satisfied and never had an issue, excellent customer support and also a very good quality console. Always updating system and features which is good. Cannot wait to get the PS5 from day 1 just like my ps4. Very happy customer right here.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Sony is a reputable company that sells great quality items, I've been purchasing don't merchandise for years, I've never had a problem with any of the items I've bought from them, and they've all lasted a long time without messing up, which to me says alot about the company you're dealing with, I would absolutely recommend Sony to other's, because you do get what you pay for, and Sony products are one of the best????, but that's just my opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Sony always delivers great reliable products. Some TV features are outdated, like the smart TV menu for example but you cannot beat the picture quality. There is also a price premium for the Sony name, but to me I've always found their TVs to be worth it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Better view would have more future and good song for family to get together and watch the game cowboys play. The big the better now it well be movie night with the kids. The better deal the better for me to have extra cash in my pocket...

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I got my PS4 Slim this month, and without a doubt it is great. Cheap, portable, energy efficient and etc. However, in terms of NETFLIX, now given its state of portability, it should allow the consumers to watch titles offline, at least for the PS4 Slim model.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Rare for me to post a bad review, but you should know that you will have zero phone support if you purchase a camera from Sony. I recently purchased some high end cameras and lenses from Sony, and I have a lens mount issue with their G Master 70-200mm lens on an A7 body (a $5,900.00 combination). I have some rotational play on the lens, and I have been trying to get an answer from Sony if this obvious defect is normal. I called Sony, and spoke with somebody who is obviously out of the Country, and it was a terrible connection. Had to call 3 times before getting a good connection. They could not help as they only document problems, and they gave me a number for Precision Camera.

Precision camera, a third party, does all the repair work for Sony in the USA, and they are also unable to answer a simple question that I have. They tell you to pack up your gear and send it to them to evaluate, and then charge you a fee if they determine nothing is wrong. Seriously, why can't I speak with somebody who is knowledgeable for simple questions after spending more than 12K on all my Sony gear? Canon and Nikon have never treated me this way, and that is why all my Sony gear is going back this week.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Sony LED Product is Very Poor and he makes a Rubbish product. After Warranty, Product is damaged. This is a fake company and the product is defective. The life of product is Under Warranty, then the product is damaged.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sony is a renowned brand that is using their name to sell equipment at a high price, however when trying to get in touch with their Customer Service after the product is defect they are treating you as a consumer ready to spend more money on their products and do not acknowledge any issue on their end. My main board gave up not even 2 years after the purchase of a 50 inch Smart TV. This happened all of the sudden with no warning signs. Paying close to $900 dollars for a TV that has a life expectancy of less than 2 years is not what you would call a good investment.

Chatting with the customer service over a year ago, they were pretty sexist and not taking my wife seriously and brushed her off saying that she should drive the TV to a service center more than an hour away from the city we are living in and have it repaired at our costs. Our friends had a similar issue with a TV that was bought shortly after and told us that their TV gave up not too long ago and were wondering what our experience was since they did get someone out to change the board without any questions asked. Neither of us had an extended warranty and Sony recognized that the issue with our friends TV was a known issue for these type of TV's and boards they were using.

I decided to contact them again after our friends experience but I got a rep asking me if I went through all the troubleshooting to factory reset the TV.. on a TV that does not even turn on. No matter in what way I told him, he insisted me to go through those troubleshooting steps. After which he told me that this was outside of the warranty and there was nothing he could do to help and that he was going to set me up with their paid repair services.

This was totally unexpected from a big company such as Sony and this type of service with no empathy or recognition of defect material is not what they built their name on. Reliability, taking ownership of those errors and satisfying customers was one of their go to's and what made Sony such a great company, but it seems that consumerism has taken the better of it. I will never pay $900 for a TV where I will be able to pay $400 for the same type of TV with a different brand.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I'm reviewing their channel "Crackle". It is hard to watch with all the freezing and double playing of scenes. Too bad because I really wanted to like it since it's free. So if they could clean up their stream I'd recommend it. I enjoyed the show "RAKE"!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Sony is a company that I grew up with. Especially since I am often gaming. However, with their current consoles I am often locked out of being able to use their services because of constant updates. I have very limited time, so it's quite bothersome when I have to wait half and hour to hour for it to download updates and then install.

Sony Company Information