Sony
4.00/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sony

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sony Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I bought my Sony earphones about one year ago in order to use them for training or just sitting listen to music and talk on the phone conveniently while I am taking the bus etc.. Well at the Sony store they market them as perfect for these uses because of the MBN sounds system and because of it supposed to be comfortable for running. Eventually, I was disappointed when I found out that you can't hear anything through the earphones while taking the bus or train. While you run or do a workout - it just keeps falling from your ears.

But I said fine.. Maybe it's just my mistake I didn't check it before that this product won't serve my demands, I mean the sound is good and I can still enjoy from it. But now after one year - it just died, stop working for good - we are talking about Sony product here that wasn't cheap. I think it just a shame and will never purchase a Sony product again. (I was trying to talk to customer service if you had a doubt but with no practical help of course).

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I will not buy a Sony TV ever again. Every time there is an update of any sort, big or small, none of the apps will work on the tv, can’t change the input, and can’t get the apps screen to even come up. Sometimes I can’t even get the tv to turn off without completely unplugging it. I’ve tried doing a power cycle reboot, going through the setup process again (which is a big mistake because it will find my network, but for some reason won’t connect), turning on and off, everything! The only thing that gets my tv working again is a complete factory reset so I can use the apps, which is the only thing I use... no cable/satellite.

The only reason I bought this tv, was because it was on sale. Normally I would buy a Vizio, which is very similar to a Sony since they have many of the same parts. I’ve never had a problem with any of my Vizio TVs. This is the only Sony tv I have ever owned. I’ve had it for over a year and this happens with every update. Will never buy another Sony TV.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Bought this product on Black Friday. In April it froze on the load screen, followed their instructions on how to reboot. No luck they had me return it and they sent a replacement. It too did the same thing. Now Sony says it out of warranty and they won’t replace it. This product clearly is designed to malfunction after warranty runs out! Do not buy this product. Sony customer service is as much garbage as their products!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Sony discontinued apps for older TVs so basically buy new to get what you had. I will never buy one again. Also I bought a surround system with soundbar and it's terrible sound no matter how you set it up. It seems to be going the same way as gaming consoles, by the time you buy it it's out of date then Sony stop supporting the older model forcing you to buy again. Sorry but I would rather sacrifice a little to gain more. So bye bye Sony.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Their "1 YEAR WARRANTY" Apparently only applies to Canada even though on the physical warranty it clearly says Canada & US. This is very misleading and upsetting to us the Consumer. And I wouldn't be writing this review if it was only a one time thing, this has happened on multiple occasions with Family, friends and myself included, with different Sony Products throughout the years, That just stopped working Within a year of Purchase. Examples: TVs, soundbar, headphones, tablets, PS3/PS4. I have personally lost well into the thousands in Sony products. And to make up for this lack of quality the least they can do is honor the WARRANTY that comes with their Products, But they don't. They just want your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: July 6, 2019

The customer care lady that I talked to was very rude and arrogant. She straightforward DENIED to help me. I just wanted to raise my valid concern and she said "sorry I won't help you, please put your mom on the phone". Well my mom isn't here and I need help, so you are supposed to help me. THAT'S YOUR JOB!

Original review: June 2, 2019

Streaming Service needs updating and revamping.

Several items I am unhappy with:

1) Freezing screens - (we have no problems with our other streaming channels such as HULU freezing).
      2) Constantly having to reactivate the subscription which requires I go get a laptop and log into my account. Very bothersome!!!!
      3) Navigation is poor - having to click too many times to try and find things and no dates on repetitive shows I am recording on DVR portion of streaming service.

4) Customer Satisfaction is not a priority with this company. Otherwise, they would have more than just an FAQ. They would have a real place to report bugs and leave ideas to better the service.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a Sony XBR 65X900E 65-inch TV from a retail store for $1600.00. Today the TV suffered a catastrophic failure and I attempted to get warranty work done or a replacement from the retail store. On arrival they told me it was two months out of warranty and they couldn't help me. I then called Sony direct and advised them of the problem. SONY REFUSED TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. Apparently BUSINESS is so good for Sony they don't care about their customers anymore. Needless to say I will never buy another Sony product again and I encourage everyone who reads this post to do the same. DON'T BUY FROM SONY !!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

Buy a sound bar 6 months ago, subwoofer just stop working (does not even light up). Ask the repair service, after a month of waiting I get the subwoofer after having an email that this one had been repaired. To realize that it came back to me completely destroyed. Start with the support of the repair company that sends me back to support Sony. To end up being told by the support of Sony that it's not their problem. No more buying Sony product!!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I paid 3600 dollars for this TV in 2015. Now the TV has a long vertical line which would require a completely new panel according to my repairman. He told me that this is common with Sony and their quality has gone downhill. I always had Sony TVs but they have lost me and my entire family for life now. I had to call their service line three times to get someone to email me their trouble guide, which did nothing. The only certified service center in Colorado was in Colorado Springs. This does not make sense if you have lots of problems and most of the people live near Denver.

Sony Company Information