1.14/5
Based on 126 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Sony

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 8, 2017

173 Sony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Sony practices predatory billing. I bought 1 month online access only as I could only use 3 weeks. I did not see or agree to any auto billing. 3 days after the single month of service ended, I returned home. I found that my card had been charged again. I immediately tried to get Sony to cancel and refund and was unable to communicate with them due to constant very long hold times. I disputed the charge and they lost the chargeback dispute. A year later I buy a video game and I cannot use it due to it requires online access through Sony. I try to log in expecting to have to buy access but my account is banned. Sony wants to be paid for the month they billed against my card without permission and for the dispute they already lost!

Again I tried to contact Sony. I waited through over 200 clients in front of me. Nearly an hour later I get tech support. We passed the issue back and forth politely about 10 times but the end answer from the Sony rep was tough. "You have to pay for something you did not get or be permanently banned." Well guess what? It is about what's right and what's not. I returned the video game. I will never buy anything with the Sony name on it again. Being that I have spent over $7,000 on Sony brands in the past 6 years and would have spent at least $3,000 in the next 6 years, Sony has now lost at least a few hundred in net profits over a $9.99 bill that they unjustly billed against me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

CMTX5CD Micro Stereo System - Great little music device BUT there is no illumination for any of the controls. I have to keep a small flashlight near the unit so I can see where to adjust the volume or any other setting. Thank goodness there is a small light to indicate where the power button is located. Everything else is found by fumbling in the dark. Too bad cause otherwise very happy with the sound it produces -- just can't see a damn thing on the control panel.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: June 24, 2017

I pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation store, but it was the wrong version of the product I wanted to order (they have various different versions - standard, deluxe, super deluxe, etc). I just wanted a different version of the game I pre-ordered but Sony refused to let me do the change. The game doesn't even come out for another 2 months. I have not used this product at all. It's currently impossible for me to use the product, but Sony still won't let me change to the version of the product I wanted. There's a slight difference in price but I offered to accept the difference in the form of a store credit, and still Sony refused. It's ridiculous that I can't get a refund for a product I don't even own yet! This is one of the most consumer unfriendly practices I can imagine. And the killer is they WOULD allow this exchange to happen if I were a UK customer. As to why they have such a ridiculous policy ONLY in the US can't possibly be described as fair.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I was buying Trine Bundle on PSN at a discounted price on the day the sale ended. I had the item in my cart and was adding a credit card putting in the information when the screen froze and I had to exit the store. I went back into the store to checkout and the price had changed. I immediately called customer support and they took a long time to respond, then when I was on the line the representative just kept repeating they couldn't help me, blatantly said it was my fault for not buying the item sooner, and refused to let me complete my purchase at the discounted price.

I spoke with several managers who admitted that they could change the price, or offer a discount or coupon or add funds to my wallet but that they wouldn't. They just kept repeating, "We can't do that." Very unhelpful. It's like if you're giving your credit card and there's a glitch on the store's end then you are expected to pay more because their system froze on me. Very bad experience.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Sony is the worst product and after customer service I ever seen, my headphone start to break after few months!!! Ask for a replacement they refused it, if I have advice don't buy SONY product period.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: March 9, 2017

I have a malfunctioning Sony Bravia 900C (65"). Specifically I have massive light bleed. These TVs have been shown to have this problem and production was halted because of this issue. When I contacted Sony they first said, "It's normal." Sorry but a 2500.00 TV shouldn't be leaking white light to the screen. They then offered me a brand new 930E. The problem is that TV is 500.00 more. I told them, "The 930D would be fine" but they don't have them in stock. So I would have to come up with more money for a new TV that I don't have. Sony told me, "Either accept this offer" or they will restate their internal experts insist my TV is operating normal. This is the worse customer service I've ever seen.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Please indulge me while I rant... I purchased a Sony Bravia smart tv in 2015. For the last 4 months I have had nothing but trouble with it, with very little satisfaction from Sony I bought with the TV (warranty is barely up). I also bought a Sony blu-ray player 2016, which I had to return, because it was incompatible with my soundbar. Which I bought less than 2 years ago. Sony sucks, buyers beware!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Purchased Blu-Ray Disc DVD player about 2 years ago - that probably works fine, at least for DVDs. Just got around to try and hook up Netflix and have lost my remote. So went to contact Sony. Extremely difficult to follow the links to get to help - when I did, realized it was off-shore as the dialect very difficult to understand (short and crisp) and was simply led back into the online quagmire. Seems CService and/or providing company feedback is intentionally designed to prevent it from happening. I rate businesses by their support - i.e., Apple is great. So is Brother. Always able to reach someone and 99% the problem is courteously solved. Now I know I will not purchase any Sony product regardless of how good it might be rated - and I imagine I'm not the only one.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

SELP1650 Camera - 2 months ago I purchased a Sony camera and today the small lens has stopped being recognized by the camera. I've tried all the steps I could honestly think of and even those I found online as suggestions. Nothing has helped. In addition to this, I have tried calling THIS COMPANY'S support center. Spoke to some representative name Sam with an ID **. This person, after just taking my name and model of my camera, placed me on a 6 minute hold, to then come back to me and tell me that he "needed to transfer me to another department". I requested to speak to a supervisor and I was advised that I could not, since he was not allowed to transfer me to a supervisor.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I bought my first Sony TV in 1971. In 2014 I bought my last one. I have a 60" Bravia "Smart" TV that is really stupid thanks to Sony. It stopped loading YouTube videos recently and it has taken about a month to get to the bottom of the problem and it wasn't Sony who told me reason and the situation. It was a really intelligent TV-Tech man in the business who did NOT work for Sony. Sony TV's do not interface well with YouTube and in fact everything sold before 2013 is just out of luck. My TV worked as it was a later model, although it was cumbersome and clumsily slow when using the internet and it is even directly wired to my ISP and has the correct and updated software. Sony representatives NEVER explained the real situation to me, they just wanted me to waste my time and frustration doing troubleshooting that was futile and worthless. It's called "** in the wind" where I come from.

Yesterday I spent over 7 hours either on the phone with or trying to converse with Sony "chat" tech support. Words cannot describe my frustration at the utter apathy and lack of caring for customers spit out in my direction. The "chat" session I resorted to after I was told a tech rep would call me back at my phone number and never did to help me solve my problem. The representatives I actually talked with on the phone had no command whatsoever of the English language and could not possibly understand my clearly spoken American English words and sentences. I asked them who told them they could speak English and none of them answered.

Prior to the "chat" I had done everything I could find in the way of troubleshooting on the TV from the internet, Sony website, Operating Instructions booklet, etc. Then the "chat" tech guided me through the same steps I had already done so many times before. I repeated ALL of them at least three times and nothing changed, nothing was fixed. The "chat" rep told me he would be able to fix my problem and he would work with me until it was done. Well after about 2 hours of the "chat" (which would have taken about 15 minutes maximum if by phone), the problem was not fixed. And he deliberately did the last reset to factory test after all the 2 hours was almost complete so that he could use the excuse while the TV was searching for channels and "might take as much as 50 minutes" to just drop the "chat".

He had reminded me all during the 2 hour session that I needed to continue to respond to him every 5 minutes so that he could stay connected to me. I explained to him that the "chat" was cumbersome and clumsy, a time waster and that I had to get his instructions, write them down and go to the room with my TV to implement them. He really could care less. His name was IVAN he said. He suggested I contact the "chat" section later after the TV had reset. Of course that would mean another wait, explaining my reason for calling, verifications, etc. BEFORE I even got into the meat of the matter and problem. So he skipped out on me. What a lying SOB, what a POS. What a lying crappy company, Sony. I am done with anything having the name of Sony on it. I am sure they will never miss me and I sure will not miss them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I am now in my 15th day of waiting for my XBR65X930d television to be serviced. After only 4 months and 3 weeks of owning this $3,000 tv, I was unable to turn on the t.v. I called Sony and was told I had a defective ac adapter. After waiting a week for the part, I found that the diagnosis was incorrect and the new adapter did nothing. Called Sony again and they issued an order for repairs via WWTS. Was told that I would receive a call from the repair service within 3-5 days. I am in the 5th day and no communication. However, I did receive an email at 1:00 a.m. this morning indicating a service delay, but no communication as to why.

I have no problems communicating with Sony Support, but after talking to them 3 times, I now know that the first line of contact has no information that will help me. They are just reading from a computer monitor and cannot answer any questions that I ask. When I asked to speak with a supervisor they will not forward the call. I need help. I purchased the t.v. from Best Buy in Indianapolis, Indiana on July 27, 2015 and it was delivered and wall hung by their Geek Squad on July 29, 2015. William ** and Ann **. What can I do at this point?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I found Sony to be very, very, very poor with their phone customer service. I've rang 3 times now and the first time they said they didn't have the time to help, so they sent me an email. Then when I went to act on the email, the information was very limited and I rang back to get their help and they still couldn't help and referred me elsewhere. When I couldn't get the right help elsewhere because of the specific settings I needed from Sony, once it hit 6 pm, the gentleman hung up midway through the call with no "bye" or anything and when I called straight back it went straight to message bank saying their office was now closed. I'm not very happy with them at all. Probably the worst service I have come across over the phone.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I just read another review of a person going through the same issue I'm having with a Sony Bravia tv. I've had to go through multiple layers of troubleshooting and they keep telling me that I need to schedule a service technician but they do everything to try to continue troubleshooting. This has gone on for over a week. They then escalate my call and I'm put on a long hold and I never reach anybody. My original call was just within the 1 year warranty but they are dragging feet putting me beyond 1 year. Their service is horrible and I will not buy another Sony unit. I feel like they are trying to avoid repairing my tv.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I am uncertain how ConsumerAffairs reviews complaints and make determinations to investigate or find reasonable solutions for consumers. I hope this site and my complaint is not just another distressed consumer, venting along with others. I do wonder at which point, does someone do something about validating complaints that are seemingly numerous.

Sony, Sony Visual Products Inc. has acted deceptively by Selling BRAVIA units specifically large units KDL70R550A but not limited to units manufactured during 2013 with known defects that fall into the KDL models. The Issue: 5 blinking lights. Television does not Power on. Others seem to have Blinking lights relating the led panel issues. There are concerning complaints online via Sony Community and CA along with Google search, as many clients including myself, are left with dead television units after minimal usage.

Upon contacting Sony, we go thru a very clever process to troubleshoot in attempts of resetting the unit. I was told to visit sony.com to further the troubleshooting process and encouraged to utilize their resources. It takes approximately 3-4 phone calls to obtain an escalation ticket. Upon pressing the agent, what the issue was, I wanted to know how Sony deals with this specific problem. The agent advised I hire a technician to diagnose the issue and to email escalation department the complaint with diagnosis for resolution.

On December 3, 2016, I hired and paid for Geeksquad to assess the issue. The technician advised the issue as led strings inside the panel are bad and Sony had discontinued the replacement part. In order to have the unit repaired, you are told by their authorized vendor the cost is 5495.96 for replacement panel. Geeksquad/BestBuy no longer has the panel in which it was discontinued by the manufacturer in 2014 at $3250.59.

It's more troubling to see numerous complaints, same issues, minimum usage, some clients within a year of purchase, and Sony does not feel in any way, shape or form, accountable in resolving or having an option to repair at a reasonable, sensible price. Instead, clients are patronized by reminding them they are out of warranty, thus making it impossible, Illogical to buy inflated parts to fix an already expensive purchase. Further troubling the matter, is manipulating my complaint as if it's our fault while minimizing a complaint that is /was a known issue. The online Sony.com community board demonstrates Sony backend technical team responding to clients by addressing the 5 blinking light complaints.

A concluded offer by email The panel is a major component in the function and cost of the TV. And factors into the cost of repair and since I'm out of warranty, I'm offered to buy a New T.V. and pay $1500.00 plus tax, plus the already paid fee for diagnostic as remedy to my complaint. Am I supposed to feel Sorry for Sony, that improvements to fix, replace components and enhancements, should be at my expense? With it's a too bad for me attitude?

Sony is a reputable brand and it is implied that the life of the unit goes way beyond the norm. I've never in my years had to throw away a $2300.00 television unit, not to mention one that didn't work. By Sony Standards, it's expressed that parts are made available for up to 7 years. I've compiled data from Sony.net shareholder release in which the President of Sony for FY 2013 & 2014 discloses enhancements for their Television division specifically acknowledging Panel improvements.

Yet Sony may now fall into this Statute of criminal and deceptive practice, and not limited to Florida statute Title XLVI, CRIMES, FRAUDULENT PRACTICES Section 817.53: "False charges for radio and television repairs and parts; penalty (1) It is unlawful for a person to knowingly charge for any services which are not actually performed in repairing a radio or television set, or to knowingly charge for any parts which are not actually furnished, or to knowingly misinform a customer concerning what is wrong with his or her radio or television set, or to knowingly and fraudulently substitute parts when such substitution has no relation to the repairing or servicing of the radio or television set. (2)Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

It's not clear what one must say or do to action this without having to file a formal complaint with courts. A company like Sony will risk the bet that consumers will not retain attorneys and peruse enduring litigation. Something is seriously wrong here, very, very wrong. I hope to hear from you as I and many others seem to be at a dead end with Sony.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I contacted customer service about a defective Blu-ray player, (BDP-S6500 purchased less than a year ago), yesterday and got horrible customer service. I have been a loyal Sony customer for years, but after this experience, I am no longer. I called to get a replacement on my Blu-ray player as the first time I unplugged the machine to move it, the little plastic piece on the back of the power supply came out. I was told by April, C7C0 that this was not covered as I must have done physical damage to the machine. I tried to explain to her that all I did was unplug it once, so this must be a defect in this machine.

She said that Sony doesn't ever produce defective products (which is a lie as QC cannot catch every defect) and that the machine was in good working order when I bought it so this couldn't be a defect. I again tried to explain that there was no way for me to know that this piece was defective when I purchase the Blu-ray, as you can't see that there is anything wrong with it until you plugged it in and tried to remove the cord once. I asked to speak to a supervisor or anyone else that may be able to assist me (I offered to send pictures to prove that machine was not physically damaged) and was told that supervisors never talked to customers. I asked for the address to HQ so I could send a certified letter with pictures and was told that they don't give out the address. I urge everyone to not buy Sony products as they do not stand behind them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I bought this video projector vlp-hw30es 3 years ago and noticed that the focus dial did not go past the point of clear when turning back and forth. I had shipped it to New York for 85. And they fixed it which means it was a defect from the start. But they also discovered the bulb with only 970 hours was flickering. So I called Sony and they said basically TOO BAD. SPEND 500 DOLLARS FOR A NEW BULB. I have bought many Sony products but never again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

Sony Smart TV Model RC55 - We purchased this TV in April of 2016. Warranty was for 1 year, purchased a second warranty as well. We set up the TV, it took 5 to 7 minutes to come on, then it kept going on and off and on and off. I had gotten hold of someone who did a test on the original TV in April and said it was not working right but after that nothing. After talking to him I could not get back to where he was again. We called Customer Service number which takes you to the Philippines, Columbia, one lady said she was off shore, they go through the same process over and over and over and over and over. They refuse to escalate you because they say they can handle your problem, they all ask the same questions. Your personal information, confirm everything, they go offline and say "can you give me 2 minutes to go find your file", they come back and ask for another two minutes.

They then tell you that they will have to have someone call you back but it will be 24 hours. I was given you the same number 877-899-7669. You go through the same thing as above with the same result, someone will call you back in 24 hours. I went though this from April until October, I cannot even tell you how many times. They leave a message with a name and the same number as above. About two weeks ago I finally got escalated to John. They will call you back by telephone before you are awake in the morning. I had people rude and hang up and people who said they were escalating and that they would wait 30 seconds then I had to wait on the line myself. The line cut off and I had to start the same circus routine all over again calling 877-899-7669, getting nowhere. I finally screamed at someone to get me to the proper person.

After 6 plus months of not even using the TV we had packed it away until we got a replacement. In September they called me and said I would not get another TV in exchange they would send me a new adapter. 3 weeks later they called and said they could not send the adapter and were sending out a re conditioned TV. I said "NO. NO. I will not accept a reconditioned TV." I was finally escalated the call and I worked through email to have a new TV sent to me. He wanted a charge card number. I said "NO, I have not been able to use this TV." He asked for a Credit Card number in order to send me a replacement TV. I said "why do you need a credit card number. The TV is paid for and I am not responsible for shipping a new TV." He then said "I had to send this TV back and when they knew it was on the way they would send the new one."

I said "no I will receive the new one then send the broken one back by Purolator, after I received the new on and when I got the shipping label for the broken one." This is despicable service. This company should not be in business. Sony could hire Canadian people who need work and have a phone number where one could contact the person you previously talked to. I now have a replacement TV but they keep calling because I want the year's warranty on the replacement as I never used it. I was told I could only have 3 months. Now I am trying to contact someone about this, they called me this morning before I was out of bed. I have been two hours trying to get back to them as they give me the same contact number and it's the same merry go round again. They now say it will be 24 hours.

I looked up the Ontario number and contacted an office there. They put me through to someone who is on vacation until the end of October. I did not understand the number he gave me or maybe I got it wrong but I now have a message in to Michelle in Ontario to call back. We will see what happens. I still have to arrange to send the problem TV back. I have been a customer service person all my life this is something that could have taken a couple of calls and less than 1 hour to fix. Sony pays these people .50 for nothing. Why don't they just give them donations and have a proper customer service department in the country where their office is. I will NEVER buy anything SONY again. I have 3 Sony TVs and other products but this will be the very last. I want to get in on a class action suit but need to contact the person who is setting it up. He did not leave a contact number.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I called Sony for help as my DVD player would not read any disk five minutes after I had just watched a movie. I called customer service and they could not help me?? What do these people get paid for? Not only was it outsourced tech support and the lady could barely understand English, but I had absolutely NO resolution to my issue and was directed to the website where I STILL have no REAL answer about what the issue is. This is a new player. It had only been used one other time and now it doesn't? SONY products were more of a piece of junk than I realized. NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT AGAIN!! AND... don't call for help people! That is NOT the job of SONY customer support.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

My issue is rather minor compared to the ones I've read, but my horrible experience with Sony is the same. I purchased some Sony earbuds from Target for $13 and after a day they stopped working. So I emailed Sony and was told they needed a model number. Who keeps packaging and a receipt for a $13 item that initially worked? So I sent them a link to the item on the Target website. I was then told I had to CALL some other department so they could TALK me through some troubleshooting steps. FOR EARBUDS. Are you kidding me?

So, for giggles, I called and was told to unplug the earbuds from my computer and plug them back in to "fix" the issue, which, of course, was a complete joke. I was then told that it was my computer that was defective, not their earbuds. So I asked why do my other earbuds (not Sony) work, and was told, "Well, if you have working earbuds then what's your problem?" SERIOUSLY??? Unreal. I sent another email saying that for a company that earns $70+ billion in revenues every year to not assist a customer with a $13 item is ridiculous and that I would NEVER purchase another Sony product again. I also told them that I would ensure that everyone I know knows about this issue.

Original review: July 11, 2016

Recently I visited Lohagad fort pune and due to heavy rain my SONY C3 is not able to charge but sometime it will. So I planned to visit SONY support center. Sony support center take my mobile and says to me that "call us tomorrow. If problem is minor then it will resolved and you can take your phone tomorrow itself." So I called next day and someone from support center said that estimation of your is there. So I asked what estimation? So he said to me 8700 rs. I was shocked and said why? So support person said motherboard, camera and back panel so I said I don't want to change my back panel and camera. And if motherboard is not working then how it will charge few times. So shocking lines said by Sony support center is "WE ARE NOT REPAIR PARTIALLY". I said "what you are saying my front camera is working fine just some fluid are there on top of the camera and my back panel is ok." I totally shocked after listen all this.

I planned to take my phone back. There is nowhere written that "we cannot do partial repair". I invested 350 rs as a service charge that is totally waste of money. I took my phone back and show it to local mobile repair center. I told about moisture and all so he told me that wait for half hour and charge is 300 rs. I said ok. After 20 minute I got my phone with proper working. So if your phone have warranty then go to the Sony support center. If not then don't go because these people replace the things in the place of repair. SONY SUPPORT CENTER LOCAL MOBILE REPAIR CENTER. Service charge: 300 and that all 350. Estimation 8700.

Total 8700 + 250 = 8950.

Original review: June 2, 2016

They have had my tablet for repair for almost a month and still no word, no nothing. I call and get the Domincan Republic. They are no help at all. To compare, I sent my Microsoft Surface in for repair and had it back in 4 days. 4 days! Sony isn't even out of bed at 4 days. No wonder their laptop business went under. I'm surprised they're still in business. If it wasn't for their movie business they probably would be. I just spent an hour on the phone traveling through voice attendant hell trying to get to someone at corporate headquarters. Finally hung up in disgust. Sony, hands down, is the worst company I've ever dealt with and will NEVER buy anything from them again. I'm going to give it one more week. Then I'm going to send an email about this experience to every single officer in the company, US and Japan. Then I'm going to file a small claim in court for a stolen tablet.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I bought 8 movies from them back in 2011. When you buy a movie it is supposed to be yours for good. 5 years after I go try to look for it again, and it is still there, except it asks me to buy it again. I call them to ask them what's going on, and they tell me that the license between then Sony, and the merchant Sports Illustrated, expired at some point, and when the license re-initiated is like starting it all over again. However how is that an excuse? If you buy, not rent a movie, 3, 4, 5 years from now, it should still be your movie. They straight up stole my money with false promises.

They also like to advertise the PlayStation Vita on their system and make them look they are console releases so people make the mistake and buy them thinking they will work with their console, the actual console they use to buy them, but then when they download they say it won't work with the console, so when you call them for a refund all they say is all purchases are final, meaning again they straight up steal people's money shamelessly.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

My mom bought a DVD player from Sony and never used it so she gave it to me. When I opened the box, there was no remote. I called Sony nicely asking them to send me a remote. They were extremely rude and difficult and refused to give me a remote, and said that I had to purchase one, even though it is supposed to come with one. I asked to speak to someone else and they refused and hung up. I called back twice and had the same feedback and all three times they were rude and ignorant. I am never using Sony again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

Purchased 3 Sony D-EJ011 players for my kids. I called the Sony 1800 number to find a place that I could maybe get 1 of them fixed that had the eye that stopped working yesterday. The first rep just took my name and phone and was in the process of looking when somehow I was connected back to the main menu. I went back through the prompts and back to another rep who wanted to start back over with name, phone number, zip. Then I was asked for my address and other such which I don't understand why that is needed when the zip was given. I just want to find a repair place to see if it is worth fixing. Which is sad to have to do in the first place as it is just over a year old. I asked to speak with his superior and he would not get one for me as he did not have all my info "plugged" into his system... really???

Sony does not need to know info about me to give me a repair number. And the reps are so off track that they can't transfer me to a superior if they can't follow their data entry protocol. It is like dealing with a robot. Does anyone in office management ever listen to a phone call to see how terrible a customer is treated and how much time they take with questions that are irrelevant to the situation. I just need a local phone number for repair. It will most likely be too much to fix anyway. Too bad in our day and age things are so disposable and consumers' hard earned money buys faulty products and manufacturers don't even care if their products only last right out of warranty.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

A person should always use precaution purchasing audio products from Sony. I purchased a 3 yr ex-warranty on my walkman in 2013 for 14.99. I recently filed a claim on 1/31/16, they are acting as if they don't me. They promised to email me shipping labels within 24-48 hrs for repair/exchange, I never receive them yet. I'm tired of calling and begging. This company simply has no ethics or morals.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Charged $638.93 on one credit card, and $547.89 on another card the same day. Charges were not his or authorized. After several attempts to correct the charges, they were denied. Complaint letter send in December, no reply.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2016

Sony prides themselves on customer service however when I purchase a stereo receiver STR-DH750 with remote there was no operators manual for the remote. Sony insists there should have been one in the box and that the only way for me to get one would be to buy one for approx. $26.00. The retailer I purchase this unit from advised that Sony is known for not including the manuals for the remotes. Sony was going to look into this issue and get back with me. They never DID.

I completed and mailed my consumer warranty card to Sony however they did not have it on file. I used their online question and answer service by posting 2 questions which according to the site I would receive an answer in 24/48 hours. After approx 5 days I finally got an answer. 7 mins after I spoke with customer service and the answer was of no use to me without the remote operators manual. I will never again purchase a Sony product and will encourage others not to also. That's all they had to do was mail me the 36 page manual.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2016

I have repeatedly tried to get service for my Sony STR DN1050. The receiver no longer sends out an HDMI signal. I have made 3 calls and done esupport twice. They had me repeat a number of tests three or 4 times over, then they forwarded me to "tier 2 support". Nobody wants to admit it's a hardware issue and the need to have me send it back for repair. When I asked for it be sent back the guy told me it only had a one year warranty. I had to pull out my hard copy of the warranty that said two years before he would admit it was still covered. So far have wasted 3 hours with these folks and got nowhere. Their strategy seems to be to tire you out so you give up. I guess they get no bonus if they ever provide service? Meanwhile receiver still dead.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I purchased this TV from Best Buy in January 2015 at the full retail price of $2799. Intermittently, I have been having problems with the TV losing the WiFi connection or not being able to connect. I finally called Sony technical support to wit they did a variety of remote things to the TV which all resulted in a temporary fix. Now, whenever I turn on the TV, I have to go through the reconnect to WiFi process. Sony also had me unplug the TV (error code 1106), change settings, etc. all doing nothing to correct the problem of connectivity. It is not my WiFi service as the 40" Samsung HDTV operates flawlessly in the bedroom using the same WiFi connection.

It's really ridiculous and now the TV is out of warranty and I am screwed. Sony used their archaic Opera operating system which is compatible with nothing and supports nothing (no flash player to watch internet TV programming). If there is not an app, you can't watch it. For example Netflix, if you try to open it with the browser it will not work. Sony has apparently realized this is a horrible issue and now the new XBRs have Android. Sony knowing sold us a substandard operating system on an otherwise world class TV with no way to upgrade or change browsers. Shame on you Sony.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

I bought a home audio system, the bluetooth wouldn't works, so I tried the store where I bought it and they said to contact Sony. Only the only help you can get from Sony is a terrible chat service when the representative knows NOTHING about the product or bluetooth. HORRIBLE.

Sony Company Information