2. Miscellaneous

Sony

Sony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Sony Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I'm making this review about Sony Playstation and everything involved (ps store, games). I bought this console since the first day, the best platform to play, completely satisfied and never had an issue, excellent customer support and also a very good quality console. Always updating system and features which is good. Cannot wait to get the PS5 from day 1 just like my ps4. Very happy customer right here.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Sony is a reputable company that sells great quality items, I've been purchasing don't merchandise for years, I've never had a problem with any of the items I've bought from them, and they've all lasted a long time without messing up, which to me says alot about the company you're dealing with, I would absolutely recommend Sony to other's, because you do get what you pay for, and Sony products are one of the best????, but that's just my opinion.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Sony always delivers great reliable products. Some TV features are outdated, like the smart TV menu for example but you cannot beat the picture quality. There is also a price premium for the Sony name, but to me I've always found their TVs to be worth it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Better view would have more future and good song for family to get together and watch the game cowboys play. The big the better now it well be movie night with the kids. The better deal the better for me to have extra cash in my pocket...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Sony always provides a quality product and great resources for consumers. Sony provides the latest in technology and always improving their products. This is a long trusted name in electronics. They just do not wear out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

After having a known and common technical problem with a Sony Xperia phone, we contacted them per manufacturer warranty instructions. Once on the line we were told we would have to do a complete factory reset before we would be allowed to take our phone in for services. Not only did this make the issues on the phone worse (we can no longer use the device now as it is in a looped reset mode) but we were told after the reset that the manufacturer warranty did not cover our phone at all. So not only did the Sony technician make it worse, we were left high and dry after following his "required" steps to service the phone. Absolutely terrible service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I sent my ILCE a6000 in for repair to PCR, a third party company Sony sends their repairs to. SONY then emailed me back saying that "the camera was beyond economical to repair". To my surprise, SONY offered me "a replacement for a brand new unit of the SAME model for the amount of $165.00 USD". I immediately called Sony and made the payment. A couple of days later, my package arrived from sony and to my surprise, they sent me a camera body WITHOUT LENS. The camera was also NOT NEW because there were fingerprints all over the camera...

Frustrated, I called sony looking for answers. Sony told me they needed to investigate with PCR where my lens were and that they would send me my OLD/BROKEN lens back. I informed Sony that I do NOT want my lens back since they are broken (and thus why I sent them for repair in the first place) and that I want the NEW lens that I rightfully paid for! Sony promised me they would call me the next day with answers. It has been NINE DAYS IN A ROW that I have been calling Sony for answers.

In those NINE DAYS I have been laughed at and even called a LIAR. Sony literally accused me of lying "that I never sent in lens" and "that my camera never came with lens". I then sent them not only a confirmation email from PCR that they received lens with my camera, but I also sent sony my original receipt from Best Buy that my camera did in fact come with lens, and still, Sony has done NOTHING! They did not apologize for accusing me of lying. They did not send me new lens. They did not even send me back my old broken lens. They are THIEVES! They took my money and sent me back HALF OF A CAMERA.

I have been calling sony EVERY SINGLE DAY for NINE DAYS now and LITERALLY all they keep telling me every single day is that "they wish they could provide me with more information but I have to wait 2-3 days and they will call me", yet no one calls me. No one emails me. No one has been contacting me. I have been calling sony every single day and they will not transfer me to management. They will not help me. They laugh at me. They accused me of being a liar, and have even made me convinced that this was all a scam. I cannot believe that I have been receiving such horrible customer service.

It took them two minutes to take my money, but it's taking them (so far and counting) WEEKS to just send me my lens that I PAID FOR! This has been SUCH A DISASTER! I have called Sony kindly begging for answers, yelling, crying. You name it. I have tried it. They stole my money and I do not think I will ever get my camera. Sony should be ashamed of how they address problems customers are having. This has been the worst experience of my life and I am simply ready to just GIVE UP! I will NEVER purchase another sony product again! PCR & SONY do not communicate well between each other. STAY AWAY! I wish I would have never accepted that offer and put that $165 towards a new camera! Such a scam!!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Rare for me to post a bad review, but you should know that you will have zero phone support if you purchase a camera from Sony. I recently purchased some high end cameras and lenses from Sony, and I have a lens mount issue with their G Master 70-200mm lens on an A7 body (a $5,900.00 combination). I have some rotational play on the lens, and I have been trying to get an answer from Sony if this obvious defect is normal. I called Sony, and spoke with somebody who is obviously out of the Country, and it was a terrible connection. Had to call 3 times before getting a good connection. They could not help as they only document problems, and they gave me a number for Precision Camera.

Precision camera, a third party, does all the repair work for Sony in the USA, and they are also unable to answer a simple question that I have. They tell you to pack up your gear and send it to them to evaluate, and then charge you a fee if they determine nothing is wrong. Seriously, why can't I speak with somebody who is knowledgeable for simple questions after spending more than 12K on all my Sony gear? Canon and Nikon have never treated me this way, and that is why all my Sony gear is going back this week.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Sony LED Product is Very Poor and he makes a Rubbish product. After Warranty, Product is damaged. This is a fake company and the product is defective. The life of product is Under Warranty, then the product is damaged.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sony is a renowned brand that is using their name to sell equipment at a high price, however when trying to get in touch with their Customer Service after the product is defect they are treating you as a consumer ready to spend more money on their products and do not acknowledge any issue on their end. My main board gave up not even 2 years after the purchase of a 50 inch Smart TV. This happened all of the sudden with no warning signs. Paying close to $900 dollars for a TV that has a life expectancy of less than 2 years is not what you would call a good investment.

Chatting with the customer service over a year ago, they were pretty sexist and not taking my wife seriously and brushed her off saying that she should drive the TV to a service center more than an hour away from the city we are living in and have it repaired at our costs. Our friends had a similar issue with a TV that was bought shortly after and told us that their TV gave up not too long ago and were wondering what our experience was since they did get someone out to change the board without any questions asked. Neither of us had an extended warranty and Sony recognized that the issue with our friends TV was a known issue for these type of TV's and boards they were using.

I decided to contact them again after our friends experience but I got a rep asking me if I went through all the troubleshooting to factory reset the TV.. on a TV that does not even turn on. No matter in what way I told him, he insisted me to go through those troubleshooting steps. After which he told me that this was outside of the warranty and there was nothing he could do to help and that he was going to set me up with their paid repair services.

This was totally unexpected from a big company such as Sony and this type of service with no empathy or recognition of defect material is not what they built their name on. Reliability, taking ownership of those errors and satisfying customers was one of their go to's and what made Sony such a great company, but it seems that consumerism has taken the better of it. I will never pay $900 for a TV where I will be able to pay $400 for the same type of TV with a different brand.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Sony Company Information