1.16/5
Based on 140 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

187 Sony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

In Feb 2018 I started to have problems with my sound system, so I called up Sony to resolve the problem. I was told it just needed a reset which means unplugging everything waiting 2 minutes then plug everything back in. I did this for about 1 1/2 months. It was still shutting off so I would have to reset it every week. I got tired of having to move stuff around so I called Sony again. They had me send in my sound system to be fixed. No problem, They fixed it and sent it back.

Within a week it was doing the same thing (shutting the sound off). So I called again and I had to send it back to be fixed again. July 2, United Radio called me and told me that the unit couldn't be fixed and Sony would contact me in a few days to send me a replacement. It is now July 17th. I had to call Sony and they are still screwing with me. Now they say that they have to talk to United Radio before they will do anything. By the way my sound system hasn't been mailed back and they are not sending me a new one even though I have a warranty. I just I have to try and at least get my money back.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Sony it seems is the worst provider of information by robot answers. I am trying to register my new Sony a7iii and a model number is required, what I purchased is not the right answer so I add ILCE-7M3K/BC. That is rejected as not the model number. So I ask and ask what is the model number? Which model the answer? I try combinations of a7iii ILCE-7M3K/BC and all are rejected as incorrect. I try every alphanumeric listed using what is on the camera and new camera box and the supplied information booklet. I wanted to register my new camera before I tried again to add date and raw etc., having used Nikon for years I have been spoiled. Sony is a brick wall for failed questions. My 50 years of experience is of no use. I do not fathom how a model number can be a problem, but unless I find it, I cannot register the camera.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 15, 2018

After purchasing a new Sony camera from a distributor I was assured I would receive a fifty pounds cashback. When I read the requirement that I should post my bank details on the net I wrote to the Surrey Sony office by signed for letter with proof of purchase and a photocopy of the camera product number informing them that I was not prepared to risk my personal details on the Internet. No reply. A second letter was sent. Signed for. Followed by two more, I then received a letter from a Mr. ** to say that the office had received no mail from me.

I checked the tracking on my letters to them and each one was stated delivered plus the signatures of the staff. I then sent copies of all correspondence to them and I received an Email asking me to telephone them which I would not do. I was then resigned to accept the fact that I would not receive the cashback, especially after reading the Sony cashback forum and all the complaints therein. As a last resort and with the intention of letting Sony know of the lies and unprofessional conduct of their Surrey office I sent all correspondence to Mr. Hirai Sony Senior Executive at Minato Japan on 2/05/18 but no reply.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Wish I could leave less than a star. WORST customer service I have ever received. They had my phone for nearly 3 weeks, I kept calling every few days asking what was going on and was told by 2 separate people that 'my phone was being looked at, they had identified the problem and were repairing it', they got confused about when they received it claiming that it arrived a week later than it did, then I got an email (finally!!) saying that they were sending it back to me! Yay it must have been repaired - surely they'd say if it hadn't (you'd think). Then it arrived back unrepaired.

I called up and spoke to people, who continually ignored the point about lack of (and in fact MIS-) communication, were almost purposefully unhelpful and rude. I have been only using Xperia phones for over 10 years now. Never again. Absolute ** who need to learn how to treat customers and keep people up to date on events. Worst customer service ever. Rubbish battery on the phone too and the earphone socket never worked from new.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I purchased a Sony Bravia 49” TV in October 2017. Three months later the remote control didn’t work to the white light under the TV therefore I couldn’t change stations or volume on the TV. I called Sony, then European electronics, I had to wait 2 weeks for a serviceman. He changed something in the back of the TV, saying it was now fixed. 3 months later the same problem! Another 3 months later exactly the same problem! Sony now saying as the TV is fixed, I cannot get a refund. It’s not that the TV is now fixed - it is that it happened three times in less than 12 months! This is a faulty TV! Extremely BAD service from Sony. I do not recommend their aftercare service. Do not buy a Sony, is my advice. I am taking this further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: April 21, 2018

In 4 month ago we bought a 55 inch Sony from [Best Buy] with one year warranty, after few days we started to notice two white spots, after once in while the white spots became longer until we have half picture, we called Best Buy, we was advised to contact Sony which we did. A female voice responded, she asked us to do few things with the original remote control, nothing happened. Then she told us the TV is defective, they will replace it, just wait for an e-mail & follow the instructions. We received the e-mail and what they asked us to do... To take 3 photos, 1st photo the TV showing its four corners, 2nd photo the serial number on the back of the TV which was hold on the wall by a bracket, it was very difficult to take the number, 3rd photo of the receipt, attaching them to an e-mail and to wait 4 working days, we did but we didn't hear from them!

We kept sending emails and make phone calls... Until one day a rude mean person called, accusing us that we broke the screen, I asked him, "Please let me talk another person." He refused, then I asked, "Can I talk to a supervisor," he refused too and he hanged up, letting me confused what I did wrong? Sony use to be my favorite brand, now it is the worst company on earth, then we bought a 55 inch Samsung from Costco, today we hired a professional to put it on the wall, it is working so far so good, cross your fingers, is there a nice person can advice me what to do? Many thanks in advance...

Original review: April 5, 2018

Bought these headphones (Model MDRAS410AP) 1/10/18. They were used only while at the gym. Monday they were fine, Tuesday one of the posts holding the earbud was gone. I have no idea how this happened, but I do know I did nothing to damage them. Called Sony and was told they were "damaged" and not covered by warranty. It appears they make the determination as to what is damaged and I have no say. If I had damaged them I would not have called. My concern that the product may have been poorly made had no impact.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Playstations can fill your room with smoke and reset the houses breakers, have almost had my home burn down because of Sony products. You call customer service to not speak to someone 9/10 times and if you do they just say “we're sorry”. Would give less than 1 star if possible.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Bought SONY HTCT800 Soundbar. Sounded good, but broke after 3 months. SONY insisted on having it repaired, rather than replacing. Pain in the ** to troubleshoot, remove from system, ship for repair, and wait 1 month. Got it back with new motherboard. Lasted 4 months then stopped working with same problem. Sony again refused to replace it, and insisted that I send it for repair. Terrible, rude customer service. Pain in the ** again, and another month lost. Warranty is running out, and I don't expect it to last much past warranty. DO NOT BUY SONY!!!

Original review: March 20, 2018

Sony just updated my Sony Bravia tv. Now it will not connect to the internet. No Netflix or anything else. When you contact support they turn you over to a ** who will guide you through the new technological maze for money. They break their tv's for filthy money! It is fraud! Never Sony. Never again.

Original review: March 6, 2018

S3700 Blu-Ray with built in WIFI and Customer Support - Unable to get Blu-Ray to connect to internet. Called support line, 4 times, at 30 to 45 min. wait each time for support personnel to answer. 1st call, support was unable to hear me and would call me back at the call number he requested. No return call. 2nd call, she walked me through powering off Blu-ray then setup steps, call dropped. No return call. 3rd call, after call answered immediate call drop. No callback. Problem is still not resolved, I will be returning the product to the store and purchasing another brand.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

The first time I played a PlayStation was 1996. Since I got my own console a couple of years later, PlayStation has been my console of choice. I have owned every iteration of PlayStation since, despite most of my friends switching over to Xbox, because Sony always treated me right and I preferred the exclusives PlayStation had to offer. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and X, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot…these were (until very recently) the games that kept me coming back. Whenever I had an issue or a question, Sony was easy to contact and treated me like the loyal customer I have been all these years. This all changed last week. I had opted out of auto-renewal for PlayStation Plus twice during 2017, as Plus is a gift I often receive for Christmas. I received a PlayStation Plus code for Christmas last year, to keep my membership running until 12/25/2018.

I input the code, continued using Plus, and thought all was well. At the end of January, I checked my credit card statement and found that I had been charged $59.99 for another year of Plus on Christmas day (which appears on the statement due early February). PlayStation, simply put, would not refund the charge. I then contacted my credit card company and disputed the $59.99, re-entered the PlayStation Plus code I received for Christmas, and thought the inconvenience to be resolved. Upon waking up Wednesday morning (01/31/2018), I received a message stating my PlayStation account had been banned. On my way to work I called Sony customer service, thinking there had been a mistake (I have had a PlayStation account since the service was originally created on PS3 and had never taken any action for which I should receive discipline).

I was informed by the first agent I spoke with that I had been banned for disputing the $59.99 auto-renewal charge. I explained that I had opted out of auto-renewal and the charge was not authorized. The agent acknowledged this, and then stated that regardless it is against the terms of service to dispute any charge taken by PlayStation, and that the charge would have to be repaid for the ban to be lifted. I asked to speak to a supervisor and explained my history with the company, and that I wasn’t asking for a free year; I explained that I had already input a PlayStation Plus code and was simply looking for a refund for the unauthorized charge that was taken. The supervisor wasn’t helpful, and I asked to speak to a second supervisor.

I again explained the situation and my loyalty to PlayStation, and was told that this loyalty “didn’t matter” and that simply put, I had violated the terms of service and that the $59.99 would have to be paid to have access to even the year that had been paid for when I entered the PlayStation Plus code. At this point I felt betrayed and was completely irate. I had just gotten to work, so I decided to sit on it for a bit, and late in the day decided to reach out via chat to see if maybe another agent would better serve me. The agent could not, so I decided to pay the charge for now and call to argue later over possible compensation. At this point I was informed that I could not pay the charge; instead, I would have to drive to a store and purchase PlayStation Network cash cards to cover the $59.99, input them into a link he would email me, and wait 24 hours for the ban to be lifted.

Shocked and appalled that Sony wouldn’t even allow me to pay the charge that should be reimbursed in the first place, I grudgingly gave up, and agreed to proceed with this process. After work, I drove to Wal-Mart to buy the cards needed. I checked my email, and no email was ever sent. I also realized that PlayStation Network cash cards were only sold in $25, $50, and $100 denominations. I called and sat on hold for 15 minutes in Wal-Mart at 7 pm, and after speaking with the agent realized I would have to spend $75 on cards to reactivate the account. The agent assured me he would send me the link, and once I input the cards the account would be unbanned within 24 hours. The email, which I received when I got home, confirmed the 24 turnaround time. I input the cards and submitted them, then tried to erase this whole situation from my mind for the rest of the night.

The following night, just after 8 pm, I logged into my PlayStation account, and I was still banned. At this point I was in complete disbelief. My disbelief grew exponentially when I went to play one of my games offline and realized that every game I had ever purchased through PlayStation was locked. I had spent at least $1,000 in games throughout the years and yet somehow PlayStation was able to prevent me from playing any of them, despite the charge leading to this had been unauthorized, despite my attempt to pay the charge I didn’t owe, and despite having purchased $75 of PlayStation cash cards and waiting a 24 hour period. I frankly do not understand how a company can treat any customer this way, especially one who has been with the company for the majority of his life.

Even further, I do not understand how A) PlayStation can take an unauthorized charge, state it is non-refundable, and ban the account for disputing it, and B) lock every single game that was purchased because of it. Again, these are games I have already paid for! After 21 years of using PlayStation, I will be moving on from them once my subscription is up on 12/25/2018 unless Sony/PlayStation decides to contact me and work out a resolution (which among any financial compensation will need to include an apology). I encourage anyone reading this to share the story so that others do not fall victim to a company that not only mistreats the customers that keep them afloat, but also very realistically could be operating outside the law. Thank you for reading, and I hope this story will help inform your game purchasing decisions in the future.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Approximately 5 years ago, I purchased a Sony Receiver (Model 5700ES). At the time, I was hesitant to do so. Not only because I had never spent such a large sum of money on a piece of Stereo Equipment, but also because there are so many different options, reviews and opinions. Recently, that Sony receiver went into "Protector Mode" and essentially stopped working. At first, I was very disappointed after spending what I perceived as a lot of money on the product. Then, while shopping for a new receiver, I was notified of Sony's 5 year warranty. With only limited time left before the expiration of the 5 Year Warranty, I contact Sony's Customer Service. My experience could not have been better. It was easy, helpful, and all of my issues and concerns were resolved beyond my expectations. So much in fact that I felt compelled to write this and other reviews.

After calling Sony, I was quickly speaking with an actual customer service representative that listened to my problems. I was then transferred to a Technician to discuss my issue and was given helpful advice. I was then quickly sent an email confirming my service repair and sent a shipping label. Within a few days of shipping my receiver to the repair center, I was notified that the required parts were back-ordered. Initially, I was disappointed, but then I received a telephone call from Sony Customer Service and was advised that Sony was going to ship to me a BRAND NEW Sony AVR.

I am by no means an Audiophile (a want to be at best) or an electrical or sound engineer. I do, however, love music, and I wanted a high-quality receiver to power/drive my speakers and home theater. If you do enough research on the internet, you will undoubtedly read reviews that suggest that there is better quality stereo equipment than the Sony receiver I purchased. I am here (voluntarily) to tell you that YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER CUSTOMER CARE/SERVICE anywhere. I will continue to purchase and stand behind Sony. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND SONY to anyone looking for quality stereo equipment and a company that will stand behind its products.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

So I had my PS4 sent out to Sony for repair because it was giving me problems with error codes and would work. It took more than I week for them to send it back, I got my confirmation email that my unit was on its way and when it got here I received an empty box that had minimum tape on one side and looked like it had been opened prior to getting to me, I have no idea what happened to my ps4 and after contacting sony they seem to feel the same way. So now according to them I have to wait 16 to 17 days before I hear back from them about what happened and as of right now I'm just here with no Ps4 and not knowing what is going on. Unacceptable and they can forget about me buying any more sony products or suggesting people I know to buy them. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Sony practices predatory billing. I bought 1 month online access only as I could only use 3 weeks. I did not see or agree to any auto billing. 3 days after the single month of service ended, I returned home. I found that my card had been charged again. I immediately tried to get Sony to cancel and refund and was unable to communicate with them due to constant very long hold times. I disputed the charge and they lost the chargeback dispute. A year later I buy a video game and I cannot use it due to it requires online access through Sony. I try to log in expecting to have to buy access but my account is banned. Sony wants to be paid for the month they billed against my card without permission and for the dispute they already lost!

Again I tried to contact Sony. I waited through over 200 clients in front of me. Nearly an hour later I get tech support. We passed the issue back and forth politely about 10 times but the end answer from the Sony rep was tough. "You have to pay for something you did not get or be permanently banned." Well guess what? It is about what's right and what's not. I returned the video game. I will never buy anything with the Sony name on it again. Being that I have spent over $7,000 on Sony brands in the past 6 years and would have spent at least $3,000 in the next 6 years, Sony has now lost at least a few hundred in net profits over a $9.99 bill that they unjustly billed against me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

CMTX5CD Micro Stereo System - Great little music device BUT there is no illumination for any of the controls. I have to keep a small flashlight near the unit so I can see where to adjust the volume or any other setting. Thank goodness there is a small light to indicate where the power button is located. Everything else is found by fumbling in the dark. Too bad cause otherwise very happy with the sound it produces -- just can't see a damn thing on the control panel.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I pre-ordered a game on the PlayStation store, but it was the wrong version of the product I wanted to order (they have various different versions - standard, deluxe, super deluxe, etc). I just wanted a different version of the game I pre-ordered but Sony refused to let me do the change. The game doesn't even come out for another 2 months. I have not used this product at all. It's currently impossible for me to use the product, but Sony still won't let me change to the version of the product I wanted. There's a slight difference in price but I offered to accept the difference in the form of a store credit, and still Sony refused. It's ridiculous that I can't get a refund for a product I don't even own yet! This is one of the most consumer unfriendly practices I can imagine. And the killer is they WOULD allow this exchange to happen if I were a UK customer. As to why they have such a ridiculous policy ONLY in the US can't possibly be described as fair.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I was buying Trine Bundle on PSN at a discounted price on the day the sale ended. I had the item in my cart and was adding a credit card putting in the information when the screen froze and I had to exit the store. I went back into the store to checkout and the price had changed. I immediately called customer support and they took a long time to respond, then when I was on the line the representative just kept repeating they couldn't help me, blatantly said it was my fault for not buying the item sooner, and refused to let me complete my purchase at the discounted price.

I spoke with several managers who admitted that they could change the price, or offer a discount or coupon or add funds to my wallet but that they wouldn't. They just kept repeating, "We can't do that." Very unhelpful. It's like if you're giving your credit card and there's a glitch on the store's end then you are expected to pay more because their system froze on me. Very bad experience.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I am an owner of Sony projector LSPX-W1 bought April 2016 for US$ 48,000.00 .They promised me in the feature a firmware update for HDMi 2.00 and HDR. Now they came out with the VPL-VZ1000Es, half the price with same technique but already improved with HDMI 2.00, HDR ,and lens shift. Which is missing in my projector. I have written Sony a few times, end last year and this year. And they have no answer. Once again Sony can you sent a firmware update for this projector the LSPX-W1, I think must be no problem for you, and will make the few owners happy.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Sony is the worst product and after customer service I ever seen, my headphone start to break after few months!!! Ask for a replacement they refused it, if I have advice don't buy SONY product period.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Please indulge me while I rant... I purchased a Sony Bravia smart tv in 2015. For the last 4 months I have had nothing but trouble with it, with very little satisfaction from Sony I bought with the TV (warranty is barely up). I also bought a Sony blu-ray player 2016, which I had to return, because it was incompatible with my soundbar. Which I bought less than 2 years ago. Sony sucks, buyers beware!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Purchased Blu-Ray Disc DVD player about 2 years ago - that probably works fine, at least for DVDs. Just got around to try and hook up Netflix and have lost my remote. So went to contact Sony. Extremely difficult to follow the links to get to help - when I did, realized it was off-shore as the dialect very difficult to understand (short and crisp) and was simply led back into the online quagmire. Seems CService and/or providing company feedback is intentionally designed to prevent it from happening. I rate businesses by their support - i.e., Apple is great. So is Brother. Always able to reach someone and 99% the problem is courteously solved. Now I know I will not purchase any Sony product regardless of how good it might be rated - and I imagine I'm not the only one.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

SELP1650 Camera - 2 months ago I purchased a Sony camera and today the small lens has stopped being recognized by the camera. I've tried all the steps I could honestly think of and even those I found online as suggestions. Nothing has helped. In addition to this, I have tried calling THIS COMPANY'S support center. Spoke to some representative name Sam with an ID **. This person, after just taking my name and model of my camera, placed me on a 6 minute hold, to then come back to me and tell me that he "needed to transfer me to another department". I requested to speak to a supervisor and I was advised that I could not, since he was not allowed to transfer me to a supervisor.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I bought my first Sony TV in 1971. In 2014 I bought my last one. I have a 60" Bravia "Smart" TV that is really stupid thanks to Sony. It stopped loading YouTube videos recently and it has taken about a month to get to the bottom of the problem and it wasn't Sony who told me reason and the situation. It was a really intelligent TV-Tech man in the business who did NOT work for Sony. Sony TV's do not interface well with YouTube and in fact everything sold before 2013 is just out of luck. My TV worked as it was a later model, although it was cumbersome and clumsily slow when using the internet and it is even directly wired to my ISP and has the correct and updated software. Sony representatives NEVER explained the real situation to me, they just wanted me to waste my time and frustration doing troubleshooting that was futile and worthless. It's called "** in the wind" where I come from.

Yesterday I spent over 7 hours either on the phone with or trying to converse with Sony "chat" tech support. Words cannot describe my frustration at the utter apathy and lack of caring for customers spit out in my direction. The "chat" session I resorted to after I was told a tech rep would call me back at my phone number and never did to help me solve my problem. The representatives I actually talked with on the phone had no command whatsoever of the English language and could not possibly understand my clearly spoken American English words and sentences. I asked them who told them they could speak English and none of them answered.

Prior to the "chat" I had done everything I could find in the way of troubleshooting on the TV from the internet, Sony website, Operating Instructions booklet, etc. Then the "chat" tech guided me through the same steps I had already done so many times before. I repeated ALL of them at least three times and nothing changed, nothing was fixed. The "chat" rep told me he would be able to fix my problem and he would work with me until it was done. Well after about 2 hours of the "chat" (which would have taken about 15 minutes maximum if by phone), the problem was not fixed. And he deliberately did the last reset to factory test after all the 2 hours was almost complete so that he could use the excuse while the TV was searching for channels and "might take as much as 50 minutes" to just drop the "chat".

He had reminded me all during the 2 hour session that I needed to continue to respond to him every 5 minutes so that he could stay connected to me. I explained to him that the "chat" was cumbersome and clumsy, a time waster and that I had to get his instructions, write them down and go to the room with my TV to implement them. He really could care less. His name was IVAN he said. He suggested I contact the "chat" section later after the TV had reset. Of course that would mean another wait, explaining my reason for calling, verifications, etc. BEFORE I even got into the meat of the matter and problem. So he skipped out on me. What a lying SOB, what a POS. What a lying crappy company, Sony. I am done with anything having the name of Sony on it. I am sure they will never miss me and I sure will not miss them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I am now in my 15th day of waiting for my XBR65X930d television to be serviced. After only 4 months and 3 weeks of owning this $3,000 tv, I was unable to turn on the t.v. I called Sony and was told I had a defective ac adapter. After waiting a week for the part, I found that the diagnosis was incorrect and the new adapter did nothing. Called Sony again and they issued an order for repairs via WWTS. Was told that I would receive a call from the repair service within 3-5 days. I am in the 5th day and no communication. However, I did receive an email at 1:00 a.m. this morning indicating a service delay, but no communication as to why.

I have no problems communicating with Sony Support, but after talking to them 3 times, I now know that the first line of contact has no information that will help me. They are just reading from a computer monitor and cannot answer any questions that I ask. When I asked to speak with a supervisor they will not forward the call. I need help. I purchased the t.v. from Best Buy in Indianapolis, Indiana on July 27, 2015 and it was delivered and wall hung by their Geek Squad on July 29, 2015. William ** and Ann **. What can I do at this point?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I found Sony to be very, very, very poor with their phone customer service. I've rang 3 times now and the first time they said they didn't have the time to help, so they sent me an email. Then when I went to act on the email, the information was very limited and I rang back to get their help and they still couldn't help and referred me elsewhere. When I couldn't get the right help elsewhere because of the specific settings I needed from Sony, once it hit 6 pm, the gentleman hung up midway through the call with no "bye" or anything and when I called straight back it went straight to message bank saying their office was now closed. I'm not very happy with them at all. Probably the worst service I have come across over the phone.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I just read another review of a person going through the same issue I'm having with a Sony Bravia tv. I've had to go through multiple layers of troubleshooting and they keep telling me that I need to schedule a service technician but they do everything to try to continue troubleshooting. This has gone on for over a week. They then escalate my call and I'm put on a long hold and I never reach anybody. My original call was just within the 1 year warranty but they are dragging feet putting me beyond 1 year. Their service is horrible and I will not buy another Sony unit. I feel like they are trying to avoid repairing my tv.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I am uncertain how ConsumerAffairs reviews complaints and make determinations to investigate or find reasonable solutions for consumers. I hope this site and my complaint is not just another distressed consumer, venting along with others. I do wonder at which point, does someone do something about validating complaints that are seemingly numerous.

Sony, Sony Visual Products Inc. has acted deceptively by Selling BRAVIA units specifically large units KDL70R550A but not limited to units manufactured during 2013 with known defects that fall into the KDL models. The Issue: 5 blinking lights. Television does not Power on. Others seem to have Blinking lights relating the led panel issues. There are concerning complaints online via Sony Community and CA along with Google search, as many clients including myself, are left with dead television units after minimal usage.

Upon contacting Sony, we go thru a very clever process to troubleshoot in attempts of resetting the unit. I was told to visit sony.com to further the troubleshooting process and encouraged to utilize their resources. It takes approximately 3-4 phone calls to obtain an escalation ticket. Upon pressing the agent, what the issue was, I wanted to know how Sony deals with this specific problem. The agent advised I hire a technician to diagnose the issue and to email escalation department the complaint with diagnosis for resolution.

On December 3, 2016, I hired and paid for Geeksquad to assess the issue. The technician advised the issue as led strings inside the panel are bad and Sony had discontinued the replacement part. In order to have the unit repaired, you are told by their authorized vendor the cost is 5495.96 for replacement panel. Geeksquad/BestBuy no longer has the panel in which it was discontinued by the manufacturer in 2014 at $3250.59.

It's more troubling to see numerous complaints, same issues, minimum usage, some clients within a year of purchase, and Sony does not feel in any way, shape or form, accountable in resolving or having an option to repair at a reasonable, sensible price. Instead, clients are patronized by reminding them they are out of warranty, thus making it impossible, Illogical to buy inflated parts to fix an already expensive purchase. Further troubling the matter, is manipulating my complaint as if it's our fault while minimizing a complaint that is /was a known issue. The online Sony.com community board demonstrates Sony backend technical team responding to clients by addressing the 5 blinking light complaints.

A concluded offer by email The panel is a major component in the function and cost of the TV. And factors into the cost of repair and since I'm out of warranty, I'm offered to buy a New T.V. and pay $1500.00 plus tax, plus the already paid fee for diagnostic as remedy to my complaint. Am I supposed to feel Sorry for Sony, that improvements to fix, replace components and enhancements, should be at my expense? With it's a too bad for me attitude?

Sony is a reputable brand and it is implied that the life of the unit goes way beyond the norm. I've never in my years had to throw away a $2300.00 television unit, not to mention one that didn't work. By Sony Standards, it's expressed that parts are made available for up to 7 years. I've compiled data from Sony.net shareholder release in which the President of Sony for FY 2013 & 2014 discloses enhancements for their Television division specifically acknowledging Panel improvements.

Yet Sony may now fall into this Statute of criminal and deceptive practice, and not limited to Florida statute Title XLVI, CRIMES, FRAUDULENT PRACTICES Section 817.53: "False charges for radio and television repairs and parts; penalty (1) It is unlawful for a person to knowingly charge for any services which are not actually performed in repairing a radio or television set, or to knowingly charge for any parts which are not actually furnished, or to knowingly misinform a customer concerning what is wrong with his or her radio or television set, or to knowingly and fraudulently substitute parts when such substitution has no relation to the repairing or servicing of the radio or television set. (2)Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

It's not clear what one must say or do to action this without having to file a formal complaint with courts. A company like Sony will risk the bet that consumers will not retain attorneys and peruse enduring litigation. Something is seriously wrong here, very, very wrong. I hope to hear from you as I and many others seem to be at a dead end with Sony.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I contacted customer service about a defective Blu-ray player, (BDP-S6500 purchased less than a year ago), yesterday and got horrible customer service. I have been a loyal Sony customer for years, but after this experience, I am no longer. I called to get a replacement on my Blu-ray player as the first time I unplugged the machine to move it, the little plastic piece on the back of the power supply came out. I was told by April, C7C0 that this was not covered as I must have done physical damage to the machine. I tried to explain to her that all I did was unplug it once, so this must be a defect in this machine.

She said that Sony doesn't ever produce defective products (which is a lie as QC cannot catch every defect) and that the machine was in good working order when I bought it so this couldn't be a defect. I again tried to explain that there was no way for me to know that this piece was defective when I purchase the Blu-ray, as you can't see that there is anything wrong with it until you plugged it in and tried to remove the cord once. I asked to speak to a supervisor or anyone else that may be able to assist me (I offered to send pictures to prove that machine was not physically damaged) and was told that supervisors never talked to customers. I asked for the address to HQ so I could send a certified letter with pictures and was told that they don't give out the address. I urge everyone to not buy Sony products as they do not stand behind them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I bought this video projector vlp-hw30es 3 years ago and noticed that the focus dial did not go past the point of clear when turning back and forth. I had shipped it to New York for 85. And they fixed it which means it was a defect from the start. But they also discovered the bulb with only 970 hours was flickering. So I called Sony and they said basically TOO BAD. SPEND 500 DOLLARS FOR A NEW BULB. I have bought many Sony products but never again.

Sony Company Information