Sony

Sony

4.1/5 (634 ratings)

About Sony

Sony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: May 6, 2022

After purchasing a new TV we realized after some time has passed (6 months after purchase) that there is a dead pixel. We contact Sony and to our surprise, they provided no repair or replacement warranty option. We are very disappointed with the service, and we will not be buying a sony product in the future. We expect a company like Sony to step up and provide a much better service and customer communication, especially for a product that is only 6 months old.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I purchased the lens and a few months later and only having used it a handful of times in between I was on a walk camera in hand and half of the lens just randomly fell to the ground. Earlier that same day I had noticed the lens wasn't hitting in focus, but thought hmm odd. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Nope - that was the first sign that something was off about it. I never hit it on anything or dropped it on accident and it was always stored in a padded camera bag. There are no markings and it's clear that it fell off due to a defect and manufacturing error yet when I brought it to Sony they said "the warranty that we provide only covers any malfunction with the unit knowing the unit will be without any Physical damage at the moment of sale" ... and "Every time we package a unit, every unit goes through a verification process to make sure was built correctly." If the lens was built correctly then why did it fall in half at random after only a few uses.

This was an expensive purchase and they are not willing to offer a replacement or repair. I brought it to my local camera repair shop and they said because it's in 2 pieces on Sony will repair it. So now it's a very expensive paper weight as nobody is able to fix it and Sony customer services has been awful. Very disappointed.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I purchased a sony brand headphone, but the hinge broke and couldn’t exchange or return as the warranty expired. I searched on the internet , and found 10’s of videos about this specific headphone having a defect. The hinge has a manufacturing problem. I sent 8 letters to headquarters here in the states. I was offered a lousy discount if I buy a new product. I sent 2 more letters to Japan this time (Hiroki Totoki and Kenichiro Yoshida – CEO). Today I was notified that Sony Engineers admit that this model has a defect (finally!) but still they will not fix or replace the broken headphone. I was offered a 15% discount if I buy a new one. Even if they offer me a 50% discount at this point I will never invest 1 single dollar on any sony product. A company this large admits that their product has a defect, but cannot fix or replace the product. No more Sony brand products. Ever. Period.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

All three headphones sets did not work correctly when I receive them. After numerous conversations with technical support I did get the third set to work for two weeks, and now it turns off my music every five seconds. The main problems Are:

Noise canceling automatically turns off after five minutes from the factory and some models don’t offer any way to change that.
    Microphone erroneously causes noise canceling to turn off very frequently when you’re simply mowing the grass.

Swiping features are extremely inconsistent and often cause you to change songs when you’re hoping to change volume.

Sony will not give me my money back, so I am now in this routine of resetting the headphones at the charging station every time I use them. This is possibly The worst product experience I have ever had. I have only been successful in enjoying my headphones while mowing the grass twice in the past year!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Purchased from Target on 12/5/2020 for $90.00 + Tax. Product replaces an older Sony DVD player which gave good service for 10 years. Unlike the older model, this one has a port for a thumb drive (music/photos, etc.) and several common, built-in apps (Netflix, You Tube and several more). Not hard to connect. Displays beautifully on huge TV. After over a year of use, my wife and I are very pleased.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I got Sony wireless headphones from my kids for my birthday a couple years ago. I use these only when I travel on a plane, which is typically 1-2 per year. Thus I've been using these just a few times clearly. I also am a person who takes care of his belongings. Last time the headphones were not working well. I wanted to use them with the audio cable to save on battery on my iphone. Audio jack (on the headphones) were problematic - going from a lot of crackling, to sound on one side only to no sound, but impossible to get it working properly. No way to call Sony of course (I didn't expect either), and chat version led me to having to send it in for repair, which would be about $100. I'm better off buying new ones.

Headphones of a couple years old, very well taken care of, not working anymore and I'm the one on the creek without a paddle... Sorry, I just won't be buying Sony anymore - period. No TV, not anything. Reason - IF you have a problem, you have no way of getting across and get them to understand they might have a product issue. My son has some Beats which give superior sound quality - I'll get them a try. Sorry Sony - you lost me forever as a customer due to how your customer service is set up.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I bought a speaker and only had it for a 3 weeks and then it stopped working completely, I contacted Sony and sent it in for repairs only to be told it’s not covered under warranty. It was the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Shitty company with ** products. Have the GTKXB72 speaker. Have not even had a month yet and it's on its way to the repair shop for second time with same issue and Sony says that my WARRANTY only covers repairs not replacement. Will NEVER BUY anything that's a Sony brand again. Also customer service people are very rude. Do not waste your money on buying anything Sony.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I'm selling my ps4 and switching to xbox, I really like Sony's Playstation 4 console and it's really fun to play on and with friends but I think it's stupid how difficult it is just to create an account, and you can rarely ever use guest because you can only use guest accounts offline, and also 2fa is being stupid because I can't turn it off and without the code I can't play anything online or watch netflix or youtube, and because of that I can't sign into the ps app either, and no one will get a hold of me, I tried calling customer service, and every month it seems like you have to repeatedly sign back into psn, it's just not worth all the Hassle.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I ordered very expensive WH-1000XM4 headphone from Sony and I received a defective one so they offered me a replacement. Now, it's been many days I haven't received the replacement and yesterday I got an update that the package was delivered. When I spoke with the courier service provider (Purolator) they said that the driver delivered the package.

After speaking with Sony customer service as well as Purolator customer service I came to know that no one is taking the responsibilities of the lost or stolen package and Sony did not bother to request a signature of the recipient for such an expensive package. I have been struggling to get the replacement device which somehow disappeared.

I spent nearly $500 for a headphone and I did not get any headphone. On top of that I got a pathetic response from the Sony Customer Service people that it's not their responsibility that the package got lost. My simple question was that why didn't they ship the package with the requirement of receiver's signature or choose a responsible courier service. I have been back and forth with Sony and they clearly refused to refund me or gave me the replacement device. I lost $500 and did not get what I paid for. It's a big shame on a company like Sony.

Sony Company Information