Sony

Sony

4.1/5 (635 ratings)

About Sony

Sony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Firstly it took 5 tries to accomplish this on Sony customer support. Well somebody hacked into my Sony account and ripped of games for a second time, last time they refunded it. This time and mind you, I caught it the same day, they said it was already downloaded so they were powerless to refund it. How much money does Sony have that they can't afford to refund a $40 game. Or is it that they are so powerful that they don't give a crap if they lose one or ten or a thousand customers because they have a billion more. I hate these companies. I believe they should e boycotted to teach them a lesson for once. Down with Sony and the rest of these multibillion dollar companies that are too powerless to refund $40 to an unemployed ex customer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I had purchased Blu Ray N9200 system on 26-June - 2017. Around March April I have registered complaint (you will get record in your system) regarding WIFI Box of the above system is not working, But later on because of lock down I am unable to drop this box in your service station, Later on again I have registered complaint for the same after lock down & dropped WIFI box to nearby Service centre of SONY (in Kothrud Pune), JOB no is – **. But still after 3, 4 months I don't get Box replaced or repaired, got feedback spare parts are not available, Also got offer for replacement for System with new but which is I feel, why should I invest again approx. 40K again with very less discount for this short period (only approx. 2 years I used this system).

As I already invest approx. 60 K while buying the system, this is not worth offer, Also Currently I could found on Sony website same system is still available for selling. Also in Physical retail Shops it's available, so why could I don’t get its spare parts for repair or BOX itself to be repair??? This is really a worst response I am getting from SONY which is reliable & brand name in market,

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I have a Sony digital camera that can be used with or without a memory stick. After taking pictures they load onto my laptop, for better viewing, via a data cord from the camera to the laptop, like a thumb drive or by moving the memory stick from the camera to the laptop. I like the lightweight camera and use it for taking nature shots when I'm ocean kayaking. I also use it as a scanner to take photos of documents and send them as attachments. Its small size and rugged construction allows me to put it in my dig kit and use it to document archaeological field work. The battery is exceptional and has never failed me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Camera is very reliable and durable. I have owned it for about 6 years and still work like new. Picture quality is beautiful. Very easy to use for a beginner like me. There is no going wrong with the camera.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I am a professional Photographer recently upgraded from Nikon DSLR to Sony Mirrorless a7r iii and I am super impressed with the quality and focus points specifically. The color profiles on camera are amazing along with the fast shutter speed. My main reason for the convert was the weight and Sony did not disappoint. It's significantly lighter than my previous DSLR and for my second camera I have decided to keep my sony Crop sensor mirrorless.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

It is the best camera with tech of all camera and this to operate an and well give you the better quality and top the pic of 55. One of the fact is the lens you can all of The Minolta camera lens and the weight is right on and the is the fastest.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Sony has done a great job of packing larger quality sensors into smaller sized cameras, then allowing you to collect downsampled footage (except in extreme S&Q modes) in 4k and 1080p. Overall just a fantastic ecosystem of cameras, which work surprisingly well with each other. From the Sony RX0 action cameras to the Sony FS line of super-35 camcorders, I have been thoroughly impressed by the quality of footage that can be captured on Sony mirrorless cameras.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I recently had my nephew over to my house to spend time with my kids. While he was playing Fortnite and accidentally purchased $80 worth of V bucks. When I contacted customer service they stated their return policy does not allow for returns on vbucks even though I requested the refund 30 minutes after the transaction. I will not be buying any more Sony products. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

This is my son's account. Keep in mind that he is disabled with autism. He tried to resolve the problem himself but they were giving him the run around. I stepped in and made the call to customer service. I explained that my sons account was hacked and I guess the hacker put some inappropriate pictures on the account so they temporarily suspended the account until December 24th. So on the 24th we tried to recover the account but it had been permanently suspended now. In speaking with people on the phone and live chatting online they said the account can’t be recovered once it’s permanently suspended and the thousands of dollars worth of video games and movies can not be retrieved and put on another new account. What kills me is they have no empathy for my autistic son.

I am a single mom and have no money to replace these games or movies. I couldn’t even celebrate Christmas this year cause lack of money. My medical expenses are just too high. No extra money. I can’t believe a company as big as Sony would punish a disabled autistic kid. It breaks my heart to see my son so upset over this. Especially since he wasn’t the person who was at fault. The hacker is to blame but PlayStation support can care less about that. Any parents who see this review I would suggest maybe trying Xbox. They maybe more autistic friendly with disabled kids.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I have had my Sony phone for over 2 years and I still love it, very reliable and fast, they have great support, a superb camera. I don't have anything negative to say about my Sony phone. If you want a superb phone buy Sony.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I have owned 5 Sony DVD players over the past 2 years. After 3 months each would start failing. First it would stop playing BluRay and then eventually it would not play any DVD. My current one freezes the screen.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I’m not one that cares to write reviews. I usually just take it on the chin and Move On but this experience with Sony like many other peoples was the worst experience I’ve ever had, all the stuff you read in the one star reviews is absolutely true. I’ve gone through three TVs. They were brand new. Screen burn happened in the lower corner and pixels burned out within weeks of owning the TV. One TV could not be updated. It would not connect to the Internet. I paid for a warranty. That’s a total scam but luckily I bought it from Best Buy and disputed the sale against them. They would not refund my purchase but they gave me a new TV that has already burned out and has missing pixels and won’t update and I purchased this TV in 2020. It’s brand new.

I prefer to play on Xbox. People say negative things about Xbox but in reality it’s just better in every way except for some Japanese exclusives that you might like which I’ve become soured on over the years repetitive gameplay. All of their games tend to be the same remakes year after year which is fine. Everyone does it but their customer service is absolute garbage. Good luck getting a refund on PlayStation network. Apparently they’ll ban your account if you ask for a refund. What a bunch of psychos and don’t expect to actually talk to someone from Sony you will be third partied out to another company that has nothing to do with Sony, warranties won’t be fulfilled. At least they never work for me.

I try to give this company the best faith I can. I submitted a pre-order for PlayStation 5 from GameStop- today was supposed to be the day but I guess they released it early last night without telling me so now I have no way to get my pre-ordered PlayStation 5 on the day that it was supposed to be announced. I will never buy a single product from Sony for the rest of my life. No matter how good it is, how good the game is, how good the system is, it doesn’t make up for how horrible of a company they are.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Nearly new (2 uses in good conditions). Sony Alpha lens had dust inside. Shipped it to Precision Camera Repair. Insured it myself ($54) because it wasn't covered. Received it back with a different piece of dust or a scratch inside, not insured and no signature required. There were specks of dust on the surface of the lens as well. They said it had been returned to factory specifications (within just hours, apparently since they received it and shipped it back on May 12). Calling Sony to try and have it exchanged since Precision Camera Repair obviously can't get the job done. Sony is requiring us to ship the lens back to the same location for repair... ?!?! And there is no one to call for help. BUY A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER'S LENS, or at least buy a prot.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I spent close to $2,000 for this camera. Sent it in for repair the beginning of January. Backorder for part 2 months. Poor customer Service. I am leaving for a trip to India, and they're saying I won't get it back until the end of February. John in support told me... I'm basically SOL. It was repaired once while still under warranty. I'm trying to see if there's any way Sony can expedite this. When I asked John to speak with a Supervisor, he told me he doesn't have one & he can't transfer me to anyone. Would not give me a phone number to speak with anyone, said I need to e-mail them... which I have. I will NEVER buy another Sony Product. HORRIBLE customer service. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

After having a known and common technical problem with a Sony Xperia phone, we contacted them per manufacturer warranty instructions. Once on the line we were told we would have to do a complete factory reset before we would be allowed to take our phone in for services. Not only did this make the issues on the phone worse (we can no longer use the device now as it is in a looped reset mode) but we were told after the reset that the manufacturer warranty did not cover our phone at all. So not only did the Sony technician make it worse, we were left high and dry after following his "required" steps to service the phone. Absolutely terrible service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I sent my ILCE a6000 in for repair to PCR, a third party company Sony sends their repairs to. SONY then emailed me back saying that "the camera was beyond economical to repair". To my surprise, SONY offered me "a replacement for a brand new unit of the SAME model for the amount of $165.00 USD". I immediately called Sony and made the payment. A couple of days later, my package arrived from sony and to my surprise, they sent me a camera body WITHOUT LENS. The camera was also NOT NEW because there were fingerprints all over the camera...

Frustrated, I called sony looking for answers. Sony told me they needed to investigate with PCR where my lens were and that they would send me my OLD/BROKEN lens back. I informed Sony that I do NOT want my lens back since they are broken (and thus why I sent them for repair in the first place) and that I want the NEW lens that I rightfully paid for! Sony promised me they would call me the next day with answers. It has been NINE DAYS IN A ROW that I have been calling Sony for answers.

In those NINE DAYS I have been laughed at and even called a LIAR. Sony literally accused me of lying "that I never sent in lens" and "that my camera never came with lens". I then sent them not only a confirmation email from PCR that they received lens with my camera, but I also sent sony my original receipt from Best Buy that my camera did in fact come with lens, and still, Sony has done NOTHING! They did not apologize for accusing me of lying. They did not send me new lens. They did not even send me back my old broken lens. They are THIEVES! They took my money and sent me back HALF OF A CAMERA.

I have been calling sony EVERY SINGLE DAY for NINE DAYS now and LITERALLY all they keep telling me every single day is that "they wish they could provide me with more information but I have to wait 2-3 days and they will call me", yet no one calls me. No one emails me. No one has been contacting me. I have been calling sony every single day and they will not transfer me to management. They will not help me. They laugh at me. They accused me of being a liar, and have even made me convinced that this was all a scam. I cannot believe that I have been receiving such horrible customer service.

It took them two minutes to take my money, but it's taking them (so far and counting) WEEKS to just send me my lens that I PAID FOR! This has been SUCH A DISASTER! I have called Sony kindly begging for answers, yelling, crying. You name it. I have tried it. They stole my money and I do not think I will ever get my camera. Sony should be ashamed of how they address problems customers are having. This has been the worst experience of my life and I am simply ready to just GIVE UP! I will NEVER purchase another sony product again! PCR & SONY do not communicate well between each other. STAY AWAY! I wish I would have never accepted that offer and put that $165 towards a new camera! Such a scam!!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Rare for me to post a bad review, but you should know that you will have zero phone support if you purchase a camera from Sony. I recently purchased some high end cameras and lenses from Sony, and I have a lens mount issue with their G Master 70-200mm lens on an A7 body (a $5,900.00 combination). I have some rotational play on the lens, and I have been trying to get an answer from Sony if this obvious defect is normal. I called Sony, and spoke with somebody who is obviously out of the Country, and it was a terrible connection. Had to call 3 times before getting a good connection. They could not help as they only document problems, and they gave me a number for Precision Camera.

Precision camera, a third party, does all the repair work for Sony in the USA, and they are also unable to answer a simple question that I have. They tell you to pack up your gear and send it to them to evaluate, and then charge you a fee if they determine nothing is wrong. Seriously, why can't I speak with somebody who is knowledgeable for simple questions after spending more than 12K on all my Sony gear? Canon and Nikon have never treated me this way, and that is why all my Sony gear is going back this week.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Sony LED Product is Very Poor and he makes a Rubbish product. After Warranty, Product is damaged. This is a fake company and the product is defective. The life of product is Under Warranty, then the product is damaged.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Sony is a renowned brand that is using their name to sell equipment at a high price, however when trying to get in touch with their Customer Service after the product is defect they are treating you as a consumer ready to spend more money on their products and do not acknowledge any issue on their end. My main board gave up not even 2 years after the purchase of a 50 inch Smart TV. This happened all of the sudden with no warning signs. Paying close to $900 dollars for a TV that has a life expectancy of less than 2 years is not what you would call a good investment.

Chatting with the customer service over a year ago, they were pretty sexist and not taking my wife seriously and brushed her off saying that she should drive the TV to a service center more than an hour away from the city we are living in and have it repaired at our costs. Our friends had a similar issue with a TV that was bought shortly after and told us that their TV gave up not too long ago and were wondering what our experience was since they did get someone out to change the board without any questions asked. Neither of us had an extended warranty and Sony recognized that the issue with our friends TV was a known issue for these type of TV's and boards they were using.

I decided to contact them again after our friends experience but I got a rep asking me if I went through all the troubleshooting to factory reset the TV.. on a TV that does not even turn on. No matter in what way I told him, he insisted me to go through those troubleshooting steps. After which he told me that this was outside of the warranty and there was nothing he could do to help and that he was going to set me up with their paid repair services.

This was totally unexpected from a big company such as Sony and this type of service with no empathy or recognition of defect material is not what they built their name on. Reliability, taking ownership of those errors and satisfying customers was one of their go to's and what made Sony such a great company, but it seems that consumerism has taken the better of it. I will never pay $900 for a TV where I will be able to pay $400 for the same type of TV with a different brand.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I'm reviewing their channel "Crackle". It is hard to watch with all the freezing and double playing of scenes. Too bad because I really wanted to like it since it's free. So if they could clean up their stream I'd recommend it. I enjoyed the show "RAKE"!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Sony is a company that I grew up with. Especially since I am often gaming. However, with their current consoles I am often locked out of being able to use their services because of constant updates. I have very limited time, so it's quite bothersome when I have to wait half and hour to hour for it to download updates and then install.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

We bought a new Sony Bravia LED TV in 2017 June. It's two years and suddenly it's not working, means tv is not starting at all, and I registered online complaint and service person came and he took his fees and told bring it to office... What kind of service are they providing.. How can a international brand behave like this, and what does it mean if it doesn't work within 2 years. Worst experience I had with a Sony.. Hopeless brand.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Horrible TV and customer service. Does not stream well. Turns on at odd hours by itself. Buffers, buffers, buffers all the time. Had it replaced once and new one was the same. Replaced it with Samsung and there's a world of difference.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I'm making this review about Sony Playstation and everything involved (ps store, games). I bought this console since the first day, the best platform to play, completely satisfied and never had an issue, excellent customer support and also a very good quality console. Always updating system and features which is good. Cannot wait to get the PS5 from day 1 just like my ps4. Very happy customer right here.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Sony is a reputable company that sells great quality items, I've been purchasing don't merchandise for years, I've never had a problem with any of the items I've bought from them, and they've all lasted a long time without messing up, which to me says alot about the company you're dealing with, I would absolutely recommend Sony to other's, because you do get what you pay for, and Sony products are one of the best????, but that's just my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Sony always delivers great reliable products. Some TV features are outdated, like the smart TV menu for example but you cannot beat the picture quality. There is also a price premium for the Sony name, but to me I've always found their TVs to be worth it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Better view would have more future and good song for family to get together and watch the game cowboys play. The big the better now it well be movie night with the kids. The better deal the better for me to have extra cash in my pocket...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Sony always provides a quality product and great resources for consumers. Sony provides the latest in technology and always improving their products. This is a long trusted name in electronics. They just do not wear out.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I bought my Sony earphones about one year ago in order to use them for training or just sitting listen to music and talk on the phone conveniently while I am taking the bus etc.. Well at the Sony store they market them as perfect for these uses because of the MBN sounds system and because of it supposed to be comfortable for running. Eventually, I was disappointed when I found out that you can't hear anything through the earphones while taking the bus or train. While you run or do a workout - it just keeps falling from your ears.

But I said fine.. Maybe it's just my mistake I didn't check it before that this product won't serve my demands, I mean the sound is good and I can still enjoy from it. But now after one year - it just died, stop working for good - we are talking about Sony product here that wasn't cheap. I think it just a shame and will never purchase a Sony product again. (I was trying to talk to customer service if you had a doubt but with no practical help of course).

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I will not buy a Sony TV ever again. Every time there is an update of any sort, big or small, none of the apps will work on the tv, can’t change the input, and can’t get the apps screen to even come up. Sometimes I can’t even get the tv to turn off without completely unplugging it. I’ve tried doing a power cycle reboot, going through the setup process again (which is a big mistake because it will find my network, but for some reason won’t connect), turning on and off, everything! The only thing that gets my tv working again is a complete factory reset so I can use the apps, which is the only thing I use... no cable/satellite.

The only reason I bought this tv, was because it was on sale. Normally I would buy a Vizio, which is very similar to a Sony since they have many of the same parts. I’ve never had a problem with any of my Vizio TVs. This is the only Sony tv I have ever owned. I’ve had it for over a year and this happens with every update. Will never buy another Sony TV.

Sony Company Information