2. Miscellaneous

Sony

4.1/5 (556 ratings)

About Sony

Sony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I had purchased Blu Ray N9200 system on 26-June - 2017. Around March April I have registered complaint (you will get record in your system) regarding WIFI Box of the above system is not working, But later on because of lock down I am unable to drop this box in your service station, Later on again I have registered complaint for the same after lock down & dropped WIFI box to nearby Service centre of SONY (in Kothrud Pune), JOB no is – **. But still after 3, 4 months I don't get Box replaced or repaired, got feedback spare parts are not available, Also got offer for replacement for System with new but which is I feel, why should I invest again approx. 40K again with very less discount for this short period (only approx. 2 years I used this system).

As I already invest approx. 60 K while buying the system, this is not worth offer, Also Currently I could found on Sony website same system is still available for selling. Also in Physical retail Shops it's available, so why could I don’t get its spare parts for repair or BOX itself to be repair??? This is really a worst response I am getting from SONY which is reliable & brand name in market,

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Camera is very reliable and durable. I have owned it for about 6 years and still work like new. Picture quality is beautiful. Very easy to use for a beginner like me. There is no going wrong with the camera.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I recently had my nephew over to my house to spend time with my kids. While he was playing Fortnite and accidentally purchased $80 worth of V bucks. When I contacted customer service they stated their return policy does not allow for returns on vbucks even though I requested the refund 30 minutes after the transaction. I will not be buying any more Sony products. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

This is my son's account. Keep in mind that he is disabled with autism. He tried to resolve the problem himself but they were giving him the run around. I stepped in and made the call to customer service. I explained that my sons account was hacked and I guess the hacker put some inappropriate pictures on the account so they temporarily suspended the account until December 24th. So on the 24th we tried to recover the account but it had been permanently suspended now. In speaking with people on the phone and live chatting online they said the account can’t be recovered once it’s permanently suspended and the thousands of dollars worth of video games and movies can not be retrieved and put on another new account. What kills me is they have no empathy for my autistic son.

I am a single mom and have no money to replace these games or movies. I couldn’t even celebrate Christmas this year cause lack of money. My medical expenses are just too high. No extra money. I can’t believe a company as big as Sony would punish a disabled autistic kid. It breaks my heart to see my son so upset over this. Especially since he wasn’t the person who was at fault. The hacker is to blame but PlayStation support can care less about that. Any parents who see this review I would suggest maybe trying Xbox. They maybe more autistic friendly with disabled kids.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I have owned 5 Sony DVD players over the past 2 years. After 3 months each would start failing. First it would stop playing BluRay and then eventually it would not play any DVD. My current one freezes the screen.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I’m not one that cares to write reviews. I usually just take it on the chin and Move On but this experience with Sony like many other peoples was the worst experience I’ve ever had, all the stuff you read in the one star reviews is absolutely true. I’ve gone through three TVs. They were brand new. Screen burn happened in the lower corner and pixels burned out within weeks of owning the TV. One TV could not be updated. It would not connect to the Internet. I paid for a warranty. That’s a total scam but luckily I bought it from Best Buy and disputed the sale against them. They would not refund my purchase but they gave me a new TV that has already burned out and has missing pixels and won’t update and I purchased this TV in 2020. It’s brand new.

I prefer to play on Xbox. People say negative things about Xbox but in reality it’s just better in every way except for some Japanese exclusives that you might like which I’ve become soured on over the years repetitive gameplay. All of their games tend to be the same remakes year after year which is fine. Everyone does it but their customer service is absolute garbage. Good luck getting a refund on PlayStation network. Apparently they’ll ban your account if you ask for a refund. What a bunch of psychos and don’t expect to actually talk to someone from Sony you will be third partied out to another company that has nothing to do with Sony, warranties won’t be fulfilled. At least they never work for me.

I try to give this company the best faith I can. I submitted a pre-order for PlayStation 5 from GameStop- today was supposed to be the day but I guess they released it early last night without telling me so now I have no way to get my pre-ordered PlayStation 5 on the day that it was supposed to be announced. I will never buy a single product from Sony for the rest of my life. No matter how good it is, how good the game is, how good the system is, it doesn’t make up for how horrible of a company they are.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Nearly new (2 uses in good conditions). Sony Alpha lens had dust inside. Shipped it to Precision Camera Repair. Insured it myself ($54) because it wasn't covered. Received it back with a different piece of dust or a scratch inside, not insured and no signature required. There were specks of dust on the surface of the lens as well. They said it had been returned to factory specifications (within just hours, apparently since they received it and shipped it back on May 12). Calling Sony to try and have it exchanged since Precision Camera Repair obviously can't get the job done. Sony is requiring us to ship the lens back to the same location for repair... ?!?! And there is no one to call for help. BUY A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURER'S LENS, or at least buy a prot.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I spent close to $2,000 for this camera. Sent it in for repair the beginning of January. Backorder for part 2 months. Poor customer Service. I am leaving for a trip to India, and they're saying I won't get it back until the end of February. John in support told me... I'm basically SOL. It was repaired once while still under warranty. I'm trying to see if there's any way Sony can expedite this. When I asked John to speak with a Supervisor, he told me he doesn't have one & he can't transfer me to anyone. Would not give me a phone number to speak with anyone, said I need to e-mail them... which I have. I will NEVER buy another Sony Product. HORRIBLE customer service. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

After having a known and common technical problem with a Sony Xperia phone, we contacted them per manufacturer warranty instructions. Once on the line we were told we would have to do a complete factory reset before we would be allowed to take our phone in for services. Not only did this make the issues on the phone worse (we can no longer use the device now as it is in a looped reset mode) but we were told after the reset that the manufacturer warranty did not cover our phone at all. So not only did the Sony technician make it worse, we were left high and dry after following his "required" steps to service the phone. Absolutely terrible service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I sent my ILCE a6000 in for repair to PCR, a third party company Sony sends their repairs to. SONY then emailed me back saying that "the camera was beyond economical to repair". To my surprise, SONY offered me "a replacement for a brand new unit of the SAME model for the amount of $165.00 USD". I immediately called Sony and made the payment. A couple of days later, my package arrived from sony and to my surprise, they sent me a camera body WITHOUT LENS. The camera was also NOT NEW because there were fingerprints all over the camera...

Frustrated, I called sony looking for answers. Sony told me they needed to investigate with PCR where my lens were and that they would send me my OLD/BROKEN lens back. I informed Sony that I do NOT want my lens back since they are broken (and thus why I sent them for repair in the first place) and that I want the NEW lens that I rightfully paid for! Sony promised me they would call me the next day with answers. It has been NINE DAYS IN A ROW that I have been calling Sony for answers.

In those NINE DAYS I have been laughed at and even called a LIAR. Sony literally accused me of lying "that I never sent in lens" and "that my camera never came with lens". I then sent them not only a confirmation email from PCR that they received lens with my camera, but I also sent sony my original receipt from Best Buy that my camera did in fact come with lens, and still, Sony has done NOTHING! They did not apologize for accusing me of lying. They did not send me new lens. They did not even send me back my old broken lens. They are THIEVES! They took my money and sent me back HALF OF A CAMERA.

I have been calling sony EVERY SINGLE DAY for NINE DAYS now and LITERALLY all they keep telling me every single day is that "they wish they could provide me with more information but I have to wait 2-3 days and they will call me", yet no one calls me. No one emails me. No one has been contacting me. I have been calling sony every single day and they will not transfer me to management. They will not help me. They laugh at me. They accused me of being a liar, and have even made me convinced that this was all a scam. I cannot believe that I have been receiving such horrible customer service.

It took them two minutes to take my money, but it's taking them (so far and counting) WEEKS to just send me my lens that I PAID FOR! This has been SUCH A DISASTER! I have called Sony kindly begging for answers, yelling, crying. You name it. I have tried it. They stole my money and I do not think I will ever get my camera. Sony should be ashamed of how they address problems customers are having. This has been the worst experience of my life and I am simply ready to just GIVE UP! I will NEVER purchase another sony product again! PCR & SONY do not communicate well between each other. STAY AWAY! I wish I would have never accepted that offer and put that $165 towards a new camera! Such a scam!!!!

Sony Company Information