3.9/5 (285 ratings)

About Starkey Hearing Aids

Starkey is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded by Bill Austin in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. Led today by President and CEO Brandon Sawalich, Starkey is the only American-owned provider of hearing technologies. The company has more than 5,000 employees, operates 29 facilities and does business in more than 100 markets worldwide.

Pros

• State-of-the-art technology
  • Thrive Hearing Control app
  • Styles for all levels of hearing loss

Cons

• Not always covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Starkey Hearing Technologies develops hearing aids under three brand names. Starkey manufactures 10 different styles of hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss.

Starkey Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I like the versatility. Has ability to change for restaurant and auditorium. Level of sound is also helpful in adjusting sound volumes. The hearing aid also adjusts to listening on the phone as well.

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Starkey hearing aids! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the technology.

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Good hearing aids for the price. Mine are the basic ones & they do the job. The batteries only last about 6 days before changing. Sound quality is good however background noise often overpowers voice.

Hi David,

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Starkey in the canal hearing aid has been my choice for over twenty years. I have a significant identical loss from an illness at birth. I am able to hear very well and haven't had any problems with product quality or ease of use. The company has a very good warranty on their product and service well. I will return for my next set!

Hi Judith,

It is wonderful to hear about your loyalty to Starkey hearing aids! Thank you!

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Easy to care for. I have the rechargeable devices. The right ear device has "red" on it to ensure the correct ear. I clean daily with tissue. The recharging box is compact and can take with me if I travel. They fit well and I am very pleased with them.

Hi Sharon,

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Hearing aids are a pain, especially with a mask and glasses. However, Starkey is the very best aid even under these circumstances. Service has been fantastic, quick, competent, friendly and professional. They are easily adjustable via phone, can be set to hear phone conversions and TV. Very happy all the way around.

Hi R.J.,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you are happy with your Starkey Hearing Aids.

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Got its digital profound deaf hearing aids. Sounds quality is great. Needs service almost annually due to humidity and sweat despite using dryer and uv device daily. Digital hearing aid turns out to be more sensitive to humidity than analog hearing aid (every 3 years to service).

Hi Rafael,

We appreciate you sharing your Starkey hearing aid feedback with us, thank you!

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

The initial cost of the hearing aid wasn't bad, compared to some on the market. I've been able to pick up more of a conversation and feel more confident since I began wearing the device. Average battery life is three days if the common name brands are avoided and a quality version is used.

Hi Richard,

Starkey

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

My husband and I both have Starkey hearing aids. We are happy to be able to hear conversation so much better. Customer service is outstanding. We particularly enjoy the rechargeable batteries, preventing us from having to replace tiny batteries every so many days.

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave this positive feedback! We are happy to hear you and your husband are happy with your Starkey hearing aids.

Starkey

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Couldn’t be happier with them. I was pleasantly surprised how well they work and all the features they have. I should have gotten them a long time ago. It was good to have such great insurance. They didn’t cost me anything!

Hi James,

Thank you for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with your Starkey hearing aids.

Starkey

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Actually, my hearing aid person only recommends Starkey to his clients. He is one of their best sales people. He is very conscientious, helpful and honest. He always gets Starkey to help his clients and they do come through to help at no charge. I wear Starkey hearing aids for five years and recommend them. They are also easy to use.

Hi Maxine,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Starkey

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

This might be a little long, but hope it will explain the situation and maybe come up with a solution. I got a set of Starkey Hearing Aids about 10 years ago. They were CIC and I believe analog. During the three-year warranty period, both of them were in for repair 3 or 4 times each. Then I got a set of Miracle-Ear CIC. For the 3-year warranty period, 1 was sent in for repair one time. Last year I was accepted by the VA for their hearing aid program. I received a set of Picasso CIC at the end of October 2020. At the end of December both had quit working and they were sent in for repair. When I got them back, the left is ok, but the right one would not turn on for a minute or so when closing the battery cover.

Now after a couple of weeks, after it comes on it will go off in about two minutes. If I take it out of my ear, it will turn back on in one minute. Put it in my ear, and the cycle starts over. My guess is it is body heat related. Another then that I don’t understand is the wax guards. With my old set, I was replacing them every week, With the new ones I am having to replace them almost every day. With the Miracle-Ear, I replaced them maybe twice a month.

I have never got them wet. I take them out in loud noisy environments. At night the battery covers are opened and put in a hearing aid dryer. Every time I have had my ears checked they comment on the small amount of wax I have. Have nothing against the Starkey company. Years ago, when I lived in Eden Prairie, MN, I worked for a computer company and installed a lot of equipment at Starkey. Will have the bad one sent in again, and let’s see what happens.

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your patience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry to hear about your experience with multiple repairs you have had to go through. We do encourage you to keep working with your hearing professional, who is best suited to help during times of adjustment or other unforeseen recurring issues. We know the professions who fit Starkey hearing aids are the best in the business and will welcome the challenge to make sure you are satisfied with your hearing devices.

It does sound as if you are currently awaiting the most recent repair and we hope that will be the last.

However, if you haven't already reached out directly to us. We'd like to see if we can share some recommendations for the issues you are having, contact us at 1-800-721-3573 or information@starkey.com.

Starkey Hearing

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

The devices seem to focus on ambient noises to the exclusion of voices nearby when in busy environments. They nicely amplify the TV but I can just turn it up when not wearing them. Crinkle sounds like chip bags are so loud they hurt.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the feedback, and I’m sorry for your experience. If you would like to have us dig deeper into your account with the product to understand better the changes between the hearing device of your past and the current model, please email with the serial numbers. I would love to get your permission to consult with your Audiologist about your case. If you like this idea, please let me know, and I will provide you with a contact email. I do hope you are hearing better and staying safe.

Starkey

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I'm very pleased with my Starkey hearing aids. My audiologist sequenced the full programming during three visits over a span of 5 weeks. I experienced no feelings of discomfort or negative sensation. I am surprised at the light weight of the units. I don't feel them at all; neither the speaker in the ear or the microphone unit behind the ear. A completely positive and productive experience all around.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you for the excellent review, David!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I originally ordered the in the ear hearing aids since I had this type before and liked them, but when I received the new ones they were much larger and very uncomfortable. My Doctor and I requested to return them and receive the new around the ear type which are very comfortable and easy to use. I am very pleased with the new ones and your staff.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Wonderful, Daniel! Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and happy to hear you are pleased.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

The Thrive Beta app is less than stellar. It seem not to work about half the time. The TV setting could be better. Other than that I am well pleased. When I sent an email they were very quick to respond.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Robyn!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Got over the ear the ear model. Found them annoying as hell, what with my eyeglasses, long hair due to Covid restrictions and mask wearing. Opted for in ear model and find them much better for me, but the left one quit working after a week. Seeing doc today get have it fixed.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Happy to hear the in-ear models were much more comfortable for you. Were you able to resolve the issues with your left device at your appointment? I know audiologists that fit Starkey hearing aids are always up to the challenge to make sure their patients are satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

This is my second Starkey hearing aid and I like the features it offers. My current one is rechargeable and I'm a little disappointed in the battery life. My older Starkey used batteries and seemed to last longer. But overall love the product.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Stephen! I hope you will find this useful: Tips to maximize battery life - https://www.starkey.com/blog/articles/2017/11/Hearing-aid-batteries-longer-life-tips

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

This is my first experience with HA’s, the Audiologist was pushing Starkey, now I wonder if there was an sales incentive to get me in these. It took three tries to get a pair that worked. I should have stopped then. Finally I had a working pair until starkey sent a software update. I called starkey to find out if there was something I needed to do. After talking to customer service for a few minutes I was told that the check I wrote for my HA’s was not made out to starkey so don’t ask them! My audiologist was shocked, she called got it fixed. Now with last update it drains my phone battery in about 4 hours. Can’t call starkey, audiologist doesn’t have a fix, a lot of money to not be able to get help. Disappointment doesn’t describe how I feel toward this company.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’m sorry to hear about your recent experience.

To begin, we would like to learn more about the situation. Can you share the day you had called Starkey regarding the check? We would like to see how we can make things right, please contact us at (800) 721-3573 or email information@starkey.com. We look forward to addressing your concerns and ensuring that you are satisfied with the experience and your devices.

Starkey Hearing

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

The Live 2400 are the second set of Starkey hearing aids I have purchased. The first set was amazing and I never had an issue. My hearing and needs changed so I had to upgrade. Since my first set was so reliable I decided to stick with Starkey. Unfortunately I have had nothing but issues with this Starkey product. They stopped working within the first 6 months. They have been sent back to the manufacturer twice and now I am going through batteries every 3 to 4 hours. The rapid loss in hearing ability is affecting life and job. When they are working properly, these are fantastic and I can't say enough good things about the product and company. Sadly, I think this particular model seems to be a lemon.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for the feedback, and I’m sorry for your experience. I don’t have enough information to research your particular hearing aid repair history, however I have seen incredible results in the last two years with the Livio product line. If you would like to have us dig deeper into your account with the product to understand better the changes between the hearing device of your past and the current model, please email with the serial numbers. I would love to get your permission to consult with your Audiologist about your case. If you like this idea, please let me know, and I will provide you with a contact email. I do hope you are hearing better and staying safe.

Starkey

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I’ve been wearing hearing aids since I was 35 years old. I’m now 63 so I’ve had several pairs of hearing aids. All Starkey. The Halo 2 that I have now are constantly not connecting with my phone through the Thrive app provided by Starkey. I have sent them back for repairs multiple times. And they say the problem is with my iPhone. I’ve gone from an IPhone 6S up to an iPhone X and still the same problem! My aids are still under warranty. My audiologist admitted that Starkey knows there is a problem with the Halos and IPhone connectivity. So I asked about an upgrade to the Livio (I used them for 2 weeks and they NEVER had any issues connecting with my iPhone.). I wanted to upgrade but my audiologists only offered a discount off of the full price of a pair of Livio. So I would have to pay $4000 plus tax to upgrade even though my Halos are still under warranty.

Starkey does Nothing to help their users even though they know there is an issue with their hearing aids. I use my phone to book clients, explain procedures and most of the time my aids won’t connect. Don’t buy from Starkey, their customer support is awful! They just send you back to your audiologists and they can’t help you because of Starkey’s design flaws!

Hi Libby,

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We’re sorry to hear about your experience with Bluetooth and we will use your feedback to improve our products and service.

If you haven't already directly reached out to us. We'd like to see if we can help with the problems you are having, so please contact us at 1-800-721-3573 or mobile_support@starkey.com at your earliest convenience. We also welcome any questions, feedback, or suggestions you might have.

In the meantime - the following are tips for addressing connection difficulties such as this:

a) Do you have other Apple devices in your area using the same Wi-Fi and have the same iCloud account? If you do turn the Bluetooth off on those devices. Apple has a feature call Handoff that lets other devices connect to the hearing aids.

b) If you have the hearing aids paired to another device, turn that device Bluetooth off.

- When you experience the hearing aid not being found by the Thrive app, toggle off Bluetooth for a few seconds, then back on. The majority of the time, it will get discovered by the app.

- There are times when the Thrive app will not find the hearing aid, and you will need to power cycle the hearing aid(s).

- If you make calls using Wi-Fi from home, please see if you are using the 5GHz band, not the 2.4GHz.

- Turn off ‘Control Nearby Devices’ under iOS Settings>Accessibility>Hearing Devices

Starkey Hearing

Original review: June 30, 2020

I originally purchased in the canal aids. Starkey couldn't keep them working. They replaced them with behind the ear models. They were just as unreliable. They were sent in many times for repair. Now out of warranty for 2 months had 1 quit working sent it to Century Hearing Aid repair and couldn't be fix. Was told the circuit board is fried. 3 year old aid that is useless.

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We regret to hear you’ve had a poor experience. We know Starkey Hearing Professionals are always up to the challenge to make sure their patients are satisfied. We are happy to conference with your Audiologist during your next appointment to review the repair history and options for addressing your concerns. Please contact us at information@starkey.com.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback.

Resolution response: July 8, 2020

Resolve.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Well, my story started 12yrs back when I developed sudden hearing loss in both ears. I used to use a Bernafon BTE, then promoted to Bernafon ITC. But due to their huge size, they were always a concern for me. Then I learned about Soundlens IQ 11 and purchased one (not pair) for left ear for 2400USD in 2010 from Kuwait (was working there). I was happy for a while because it was invisible, but that is it. After I came back India, my audiologist convinced me to get another for right ear, so another 2800USD in 2013 (IQ9 and more costlier than my old IQ 11). I don't why so much variation in prices. So both of them are dragged for 4/5 years.

Now new city and new audiologist. Finally there was scam from Starkey that INR 3,00,000 (3975USD) hearing aid selling for INR 50,000(~665USD). And my audiologist just sat on throat to purchase new one. She'll advertise like super cheap, better hearing quality and blah blah blah. My old Starkey hearing aid were getting worn out, so thought to upgrade them and purchased a pair.

First problem is that susceptible Model number. I was using Soundlens IQ 11 and IQ 9, now this is Soundlens Synergy 2400, note IQ is missing. So that made more confusion whether Starkey is selling cheap product under a different Model number. And believe me till today my audiologist wouldn't explain where is IQ model, all she'll say IQ is obsolete model, Synergy is new model. If it is obsolete why IQ is still displayed on Starkey website? Moving on, the day I received these new hearing aids, I could feel there is a lot of amplification, but voice quality is compromised. Then she told me another theory that it will take time to adjust. Making simple phone calls were so impossible using those hearing aids. So paid a huge amount, got brand new hearing aid and all you got is disappointment.

I refused to accept the hearing aid as those were unusable during office hours, so we did 3 times back and forth from Starkey to my audiologist. Mind it new ones!!! And finally we called Starkey folk to the place where I bought, but he is of no use. Since Starkey employee itself gave up, all I had option to buy it forcefully. I was lucky that I had not paid the full amount. Just for sake of the audiologist and her genuine trying to fix it, I decided to buy only one and refused to buy the other one. That went on another drama where she forced me that customized hearing aids cannot be returned, which is another lie. I learned from another audiologist that all hearing aids comes money back warranty for 10/15 days. So after a series of heated argument, she asked me to pay INR 7,000 for shelling and return it.

Unfortunately, my old IQ 9 gave up after a week and had to purchase the one I had returned. She lied to me again, and charged 7K for return + 50K for hearing aid + 7K for shelling), so literally I purchased the same hearing aid that I returned with additional 7K. After spending so much, these Starkey Synergy 2400 would always need a repair in every 6 months now. They would just shut off without any reason at any fine day. I remember that horrible day when I was returning from another country, both of the hearing aids were just dead in the same morning and I had a flight to catch. I just did an oversea travel without any hearing aid with immigrations and check-ins to be done :(.

Now I get a very common reason that "humidity" is the real culprit and dumped me a dehumidifier for hearing aids for few grands again. Note I never had humidity problem in IQ 11 and IQ 9 hearing aid. To summarize, after spending nearly 8000USD (so far) with Starkey, I am using my 2nd hearing aid which is 10 yrs old and that costed my around 300USD. So take away from my story and for Starkey is:

1. Hearing aids are not fashions, they are costly and dependable devices. Please stop selling cheap products with huge discounts for sake looting people.
2. There are a huge number of model numbers in Starkey, stop confusing customers and your selling partners.
3. Do a quality check for your selling vendors.
4. My new hearing aids have gone at least 3 times repair within 2 yrs of purchase. Repair it properly, don't just wait for hearing aids to go out warranty and charge a huge amount to customers after that.

5. While making an IIC product, didn’t you know that humidity could be a problem and place right parts for them? Starkey Synergy 2400 IS “NOT AT ALL” WEATHER FRIENDLY, STOP MANUFACTURING THEM IN INDIA.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I’ve had Starkey hearing aids for about 7 or 8 years and they’re great. I upgraded to the Livio aids about three years ago, which was a worthwhile change. I tend not to use all of the various adjustments that are available, limiting them to a regular setting, a setting I call “restaurant” which is for noisy environments, and a setting I call “car” to deal with feedback when I’m in the enclosed space of my car (it is set to go on automatically when I’m moving faster than 10 mph, so I don’t have to adjust anything when I’m in my car). I have not noticed any problems with my hearing aids, but I’ll see my hearing provider next week for a hearing checkup and may upgrade if the hearing provider thinks the newer aids may be even better than my current Starkey Livio.

When I purchased my current hearing aids, I experimented with the AI model, but decided they weren’t useful for me because I do a fair amount of exercise and perspire enough that the perspiration always kills the batteries. Accordingly, I would not get any accurate reading of my exercise level since the batteries would die just shortly into my exercise sessions. If I were to pick my biggest complaint about the hearing aids (which may be true of all hearing aids), it’s that I can’t use them while I exercise because the perspiration gets to the batteries and they stop functioning. I, therefore, unfortunately, don’t use them in my group exercise classes (all, of course, on hold during the Covid-19 lockdowns).

I would like to use my hearing aids to better hear the TV I have in my home exercise room, but the perspiration always causes the batteries to stop working in the middle of a workout. I don’t know if rechargeable hearing aids will be better or worse for exercise. My main concern is that the perspiration will destroy the hearing aids. Anyway, I think Starkey makes a terrific hearing aid, but would prefer one that wasn’t quickly affected by perspiration.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for sharing your Starkey hearing aid experience with us! We appreciate your valuable feedback to help us make improvements to our products and service.

Starkey

Original review: June 11, 2020

Starkey has a program called hearing now. It is a program to help people who can't afford hearing aids. I applied for it. Starkey gave me a pair of free hearing aid Which was very nice of them. But I didn't know they only had a 90 day warranty. They broke in a 120 days. I can't afford to fix them So I'm kind of stuck. I do have to say they are better and what I had and I can hear Out of them.

Hi Mr. Ennis,

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I’m sorry to let you know that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Hear Now program has suspended operations. We do not know when the activities will reopen. Please check the Foundation website at starkeyhearingfoundation.org – click on Hear Now – for updates.

Regarding your devices, until the Hear Now program resumes operation, we recommend reaching out to local nonprofits like the Lions Club, Religious organizations, and city services for help with the cost. If you choose to go to an independent practice, many will accept payment plans.

Thank you for using the Hear Now Service, and we hope you are staying safe and healthy.

Starkey

Original review: May 28, 2020

I have owned these aids for 4 years. From the very beginning I had issues with them, every time I answered my cell phone the aids would cut off making it very difficult to hear with my only good ear partly because the hearing aid was in my ear and second it would make sounds like it was trying to connect. For 2 years I tried to get STARKEY to correct this issue their response was there was nothing wrong with the aids, and that they had never heard of the issue I was having.

After 2 years they finally admitted that there was an issue with my aids and replaced one. This did not fix the issue it was still the same. They the tried to fix both of them but on return nothing had changed. They still had the same problem. This was extremely frustrating, first because I use the phone to talk with my clients, second because in order for me to talk on the phone I had to take the aid out of my ear so at least I could hear something all while driving. To this day I still do this at no time where the aids corrected it took them two years of complaining before they even recognized there might be a problem. I was finally told that it was my iPhone and there was nothing more they could do. I paid big dollars as you know for aids that have NEVER worked as they should.

Dear Mr. Kennard,

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We’re sorry to hear about your frustrations and we will use your feedback to improve our products and service.

I wanted to share some thoughts that may help with your connectivity issues. a) You can do a simple test to figure out if the root cause is your phone by unpairing the hearing aids from your phone and pair it to another iPhone in your household. Then, test the results of the new connection. b) The other option is to change the microphone setting for streaming to mute. c) You can also create a new memory and use it as your streaming memory and not the default. d) Lastly, you can remove the TruLink App and test the hearing aids.

We acknowledge that none of these suggestions will erase the past. In the future, we welcome you to contact mobile support to see if we can help with connectivity issues you may have, so please contact us at 1-800-721-3573 or mobile_support@starkey.com.

Thank you!

Starkey

Original review: April 1, 2020

I have been using Starkey Halo 2 2400 for past one and half year, my pair has been replaced twice by the company due to technical fault as it was under warranty, no complaints about the quality of sound it offers. Again only few months back, as Mr ** from patiala has also discussed his review that receiver part broke. Same case happened with my device it detached where one part of receiver was inserted into the other, but the seller Simran Hearing Ludhiana said that company has charged Rs 3830 for repairing the product as it doesn’t cover under warranty though I told him it's not broken, it has detached from its own part. In the end I had to pay 3800 to get my unit repaired When starkey co knows that unit was not broken it was detached by itself why it charged for the service. I just want the explanation by the company, I also have bill of repair with me.

Original review: March 25, 2020

It's the little details that matter: my Starkey hearing aids actually stay in my ears. I don't have to constantly be vigilant. I had lost several sets of Phonak hearing aids -- they just fell out of my ears. In my opinion, sound is crisper with the Starkey product than with the Phonak hearing aids.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for sharing your Starkey Hearing Aid experience with us!

Starkey

Original review: March 20, 2020

My very first RH unit was defective. Caused some communication issues with my audiologist. Have had them for 5 years, both units have been replace or repaired at least 5 times. I am told that they do not work well when used in the proscribed manner, ie behind the ear, well not when you sweat. Got impression they thought it was my fault that I sweat. Nice when they work but they are less than a quality product. Contacted Starkey and was told company does not address consumer issues, that I needed to go to the place I bought them. The place I bought them just shrugged and said sorry. When I asked for details of what was wrong and or what repairs was told this information not available. So to sum up $6,000 buys you units that might last a year if you are lucky. No concern for consumer, no attempt to address issues. I am looking for new hearings they will not be Starkey.

Hi, Mr. Konar,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m sorry to read that your Behind-The-Ear devices needed to come in for repair over the past five years. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and repair service. We recommend a hearing device have a clear and check by a licensed professional every 3-5 months to help minimize the need for regular repair. If your hearing professional wasn’t offering this service, we are happy to help find a professional in your area that will be up to the challenge to make sure you are hearing your best.

A hearing aid is one of the few consumer devices that works 16-hour days every day in all kinds of weather. Moisture is hard on zinc-air batteries. There are some accessories that help dry out hearing aids at the end of the day, such as dry-aid kits – did your audiologist offer one to you? The best way to reduce the number of issues related to sweating is by using dry-aid kits and cleaning the batteries.

Please take care and be well.

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Starkey Hearing Aids were my third set of aids and an upgrade to what I originally purchased several years before. Looking back, it is disappointing to me that I have never even met the audiologist at the clinic where I purchased my Starkey aids. A tech did the testing, fitting, and troubleshooting. While the tech was very congenial and making every attempt to improve the performance of my aids and phone app, the hearing aids have never come close to meeting my needs. The one aspect that has been effective is phone use, but even one on one conversation continues to be challenging and I am isolated in small group gatherings.

It is also disappointing that there is not more support available online. An audiologist outside of Houston has been very helpful and returned my aids to the production site on two occasions for revamping. Some improvement was noted, but it was not significant enough to improve communication. Something that has been frustrating, is that the app that is accessed on my Iphone, periodically changes without notice making it less than user friendly. I am currently considering reinvesting in new aids that provide a trial period before making a final purchase - something Starkey did not provide at the time of my original purchase.

Hi Theodore,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The Hearing Health Professional is essential for a successful hearing journey and we are sorry to hear about your current experience. Would you like us to reach out to your Hearing Health Professional to alert them to your current concerns? We do need the office to be part of the solution. We know the hearing professionals that work with Starkey products are always up to the challenge to make sure their patients are satisfied with the devices they fit.

Starkey

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My mom who is 85 applied for your hearing aid program. She was denied as not qualifying due to income. Her income was way below the requirements; however, I sent her money for the Starkey Foundation Application fee and they count that as income. They counted her selling off her clothes as income on eBay even though she is selling at a loss just to eat. She was diagnosed with cancer and wanted just to hear in her final years. What a disgrace. I am disabled and wish I could find her and pay for hearing aids from a company that truly cares. This company does not. I posted my message on Facebook and they never responded. In fact, they hid the comments and then removed my ability to post on facebook. A company like this is not one that people should want to do business with. The Foundation is part of the company.

Dear Mr. Cohen,

We can understand your disappointment with the decision not to provide your mother with hearing aids at no charge. The Hear Now Foundation is a wonderful organization that is flooded with requests from all over the country. If you feel your mother’s evaluation was not fair, we encourage you to discuss it with a representative so you can have a clear understanding of their definition of financial qualification. In the meantime, there are some other options to consider that may help fund this need such as: The Lion’s Club, places of worship, and the Sertoma Club. Also, the American Hearing Benefits program provides discounts on hearing aids: www.americanhearingbenefits.com

Starkey Hearing Aids Company Information

1967
6700 Washington Avenue S.
Eden Prairie