Starkey Hearing Aids
2.00/5

Need a good hearing aid?

Starkey Hearing Aids

Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Founded in 1967, the company is recognized for its innovative design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital hearing systems. The company develops, manufactures and distributes hearing aids via three distinct brands – Audibel, NuEar and its original brand, Starkey. As the only American-owned and American-operated provider of hearing technologies, Starkey Hearing Technologies is proud to support veterans and active military service personnel with the best in American innovation, including a suite of revolutionary hearing technologies and other resources. Starkey Hearing Technologies currently employs more than 5,000 people, operates 24 facilities and conducts business in more than 100 markets worldwide.

Need a good hearing aid?

67 Starkey Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My hearing loss is mild and most limited to high frequency sounds which is normal in elderly people. In the 6 months that I've had these aids the only problem I encountered was when I took them off the charger for 4 weeks, per the instructions. When I returned, one aid would not charge. Many of the problems I read about are most likely the result of faulty calibration by the audiologist. Any hearing aid is only as good as the person setting the tonal frequencies and patterns. This may require several visits. But when it's right, it's good.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

My husband has had these hearing aids since April 18, 2019. They have been nothing but trouble from day one. I should have known to walk away when we were pressured to make the decision before walking out the door or lose the promotion that was being offered. I was looking forward to not being so frustrated when it came to communicating with my husband. Instead the frustration has skyrocketed. It appears he hears me less and the pronunciation is not as clear to him. I can be sitting in a different room and hear the feedback he is experiencing with his hearing aids.

We also purchased a new iPhone for his hearing aids to work with since it was cheaper and had more features than the app would for his android phone. I have watched him try to adjust his hearing aids as they cut out, turn off, crackle and cause feedback. As we stood in front of the microwave he had no clue the timer on the microwave was sounding. Even after several trips to the audiologist we are no further ahead than day one. 30 day return policy is not enough time when you have this much trouble with the product. I would never recommend this product or company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Purchased this aid in 2017. (Z series i110.) It cost $2,800. Not worth the money. Have had it adjusted several times. Speaking on phone, even using a Caption phone, is very unsatisfactory. Would never buy another Starkey, or recommend one.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Have had Livio 2400 rechargeable for 2 mo. Returned 1st set after a month. Short battery life, random shut down of left side. Replaced units same issues and same SN. Returned again with same issues. Received units had same SN and same issues again. Each time I was told by local hearing professional that the units were replaced and Livio keeps same SN to not confuse the customer.... something stinks.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My Star Key rechargeables have been a disappointment thus far. Advertised as keeping a charge for 30 hours, mine have gone to zero % in half that time. So then they (mainly the left one), must be recharged and I’m without hearing help. If I had a battery powered HA, I could switch to a new battery and have my hearing back! I plan to either find out if the ones I have are faulty, or trade them for the battery powered ones.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback and for making us aware of your experience. We would like to learn more and see how we can make things right, please contact us at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com. We look forward to addressing your concerns and ensuring that you are a satisfied customer. Sincerely, Starkey Hearing

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starkey Hearing Technologies?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have Menieres disease and have consequently lost hearing in my right ear. I spent two years to save up money to buy the Starkey crops hearing aides at my audiologist's recommendation. On the day I went to pick them up, the battery door would not close. The audiologist sent them back and I was issued a new pair. They are horrible though. They click, cut out, and create a loud tints like ringing in my good ear. I feel more deaf wearing them than I do not wearing them. I was so hopeful that my world would open up to me again once I got these and they have been nothing but a waste of money.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Hi Amy, Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. We would like to learn more and see how we can make things right, please contact us at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com. We look forward to addressing your concerns and ensuring that you are a satisfied customer. Sincerely, Starkey Hearing

Original review: June 19, 2019

My VA audiologist talked me into trying these and I have had nothing but issues with them. Since I have had them they have been sent back numerous times for the volume intermittently going to full volume. Now once again they are doing the same issue and it is happening with more frequency. Also when I got them back the last time I could hear beeps and squeaks and now I can't. The VA won't let me go back to in ear aids like I had until the 3 year warranty runs out. You can bet I will be going back to the in ear aids at that time. Only have to wait till October.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I purchased Starkey Livio 2400 a month ago. The first pair was returned after two weeks and replaced because they were defective. The second pair has the exact same problems. Randomly shutting off at least daily and sometimes multiple times/day and static and clicking, disconnecting from Bluetooth. The charge life is abysmal, barely lasting 14-16 hours. My AuD says I am the third person she works with in the past month having these issues. Steer clear of these hearing aids. The quality is lacking for the $ being charged.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you, for taking the time for making us aware that you were having difficulties with your devices and service. We’re extremely sorry to hear about your experience. We will use your feedback to improve our products and the service you experienced. We would like to learn more about the service you received and see how we can make things right. Please contact us for assistance at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My husband & I each purchased a pair of “Starkey’s best” (and most expensive) hearing aids. I lost one of mine, & it was replaced through insurance coverage. About 6 months later, one of my husband’s quit working, & it was returned to the Starkey factory for repair. Starkey would not return it, saying that was the one they sent a replacement for. It absolutely was NOT! What a mess we had. Our retailer agreed, saying Starkey had a record of issuing us 6 serial numbers initially. They also made some errors, but said Starkey refused to listen or make it right. The vendor's solution was to give my husband a pair of Signia demos. Wow! How can we trust Starkey again? They still have a hearing aid that belongs to my husband.

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you, for taking the time to make us aware that you were having difficulties with your devices and service. We’re extremely sorry to hear about your experience. We will use your feedback to improve the service you experienced. We would like to learn more about the service you received and see how we can make things right. Please contact us for assistance at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I purchased Starkey In Canal Hearing Aids from an ENT in Lake Mary, Florida. I selected them because I have rather small ear canals and Starkey molds their products for a nice fit. The pair worked great for about a month or so. Then I accidentally got one wet and it had to be repaired (this is when I learned that I had to spend $30 to have quick return). It came back and worked fine for about another month or so. Then the problems began. First, the sound fluctuated. I returned to the ENT and adjustments were made. A few weeks later, the left hearing aid lost volume and it was sent for repair. This repair lasted about a month or so and back it went for more repairs.

After several more repairs, I realized that it seemed that my hearing was getting worse so I took the pair back to the ENT's office for a volume adjustment. After testing them, the audiologist discovered that NEITHER were working!!! Having been through all the problems and repairs with me, she decided not to return mine but rather to request a new pair from Starkey since she realized that mine were nonfunctioning. So, excitedly, I waited for the new pair. I got them about a month ago and they worked great. However, last night the left one stopped working. Unfortunately, I am going to be stuck with this product until I find one that I can deal with.

As far as I am concerned, Starkey should change their company name to "Sanitation" Hearing Aids since they manufacture TRASH. Having now had 2 pairs of Starkey hearing aids, I fully understand why Starkey gives you 45 days to try them since 45 days is about all they work until they need repairs! So, I spent $3,600 for a pair of Starkey hearing aids and I feel I would have gotten more for my money had I flushed it down the toilet!

Starkey Hearing Aids response

Thank you, for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback and for making us aware that you were having difficulties with your devices and service. We’re extremely sorry to hear about your experience. We will use your feedback to improve our products and the service you experienced. We would like to learn more about the service you received and see how we can make things right. Please contact us for assistance at (888) 251-9340 or email us at information@starkey.com.

Starkey Hearing Aids Company Information

Starkey Hearing Technologies
      1967
      6700 Washington Avenue S.
      Eden Prairie