Find the Best Hearing Aids in Kansas City
Top 8 Kansas City Hearing Aid Stores and Audiologists
|American Hearing + Audiology||Read Expert Review|
Provides one-hour hearing evaluations with an audiologist. Offers free trials and price matching. Sells and services Phonak, ReSound, Starkey, Oticon and Lyric aids.
|Associated Audiologists||Read Expert Review|
Provides comprehensive hearing evaluations. Supplies Bluetooth- and smartphone-capable aids. Prices start at $675 per ear.
|Focus Hearing||Read Expert Review|
Provides comprehensive hearing evaluations. Furnishes rechargeable hearing aids and Bluetooth- and smartphone-compatible devices. Offers free or reduced-cost VA services.
|HearCare Hearing||Read Expert Review|
Provides a free initial hearing consultation with board-certified hearing aid specialists. Offers a variety of ReSound and Starkey hearing aids. Performs repairs and cleaning services on all brands and styles.
|Hearing & Balance Specialists of Kansas City||Read Expert Review|
Provides custom treatment plans from its team of audiologists. Offers smartphone- and Bluetooth-compatible devices with multiple style options. Handles repair services and regular maintenance.
|HearUSA Kansas City||Read Expert Review|
Offers free hearing screening plus a $25 gift card. Sells more than 250 hearing aid models.
|Neighborhood Hearing Aid Center||Read Expert Review|
Offers free hearing tests and risk-free trials. Sells Widex, Starkey, Unitron, Phonak, ReSound and Signia hearing aids. Provides warranties and repair services.
|Southwestern Hearing Centers||Read Expert Review|
Offers free hearing tests and 30-day money-back guarantees. Provides repair services, with many repairs done in-office for free. Beats any lower price by 10%.
Around 19% of adults in Kansas and Missouri have some degree of hearing loss caused by aging, disease or injury. Hearing aids counteract these effects and help people of different ages hear the world around them when they're at work, school or in social settings.
How much do hearing aids cost in Kansas City?
Most hearing aids cost between $1,000 and $4,000 per ear, with the final price varying depending on the included features. Basic models may suit your needs if you use the aid infrequently or have a relatively sedentary lifestyle, while those who are active or highly social benefit from the advanced features of more expensive hearing aids.
Some upgrades include:
- Invisible profiles
- Bluetooth capability
- Smartphone connectivity
- Fall detection and health monitoring
- Rechargeable batteries
- Digital amplifiers for a more natural sound
How can I pay for hearing aids in Kansas City?
If you’re unable to afford a hearing aid, there are several organizations in Kansas City that provide financial assistance. Assistive Technology for Kansans offers short-term loaner devices and low-interest loans to pay for hearing aids through their K-Loan program. Kansas-area Sertoma Clubs offer refurbished hearing aids to elderly residents. Heartspring offers assistance with hearing tests and assistive devices for children.
Hearing aid providers may offer discounts and payment plans, so ask about these options during your consultation. Medicare and private insurance don’t usually cover the cost of hearing aids, but you should review your plan’s coverage for more information. You can also apply for financing through a medical lender.
Kansas City hearing aids FAQ
- Does Medicare cover hearing aids in Kansas City?
- Original Medicare does not cover hearing aids in Kansas City, but some Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans might. There are also financial assistance programs through organizations like Assistive Technology for Kansans or local Sertoma Clubs.
- Where do I get a hearing test in Kansas City?
- Some companies work off of your previous hearing experience to make a recommendation, but most audiologists require you to complete a comprehensive hearing evaluation. Businesses usually offer this service in their office, but you can also have your hearing tested at local hospitals like Saint Luke’s Hospital or North Kansas City Hospital.
- Where do I get a hearing aid fitting in Kansas City?
- Audiologists fit and tune your hearing aid during a fitting appointment. Some companies send you multiple sizes, which eliminates the need for a fitting appointment.
- Where can I donate my hearing aids in Kansas City?
- The Hearing Aid Project has a collection center in Kansas City, and you can mail used hearing aids to the Starkey Foundation.
- Do hearing aids come with a warranty in Kansas City?
- Most hearing aids come with a warranty of one to three years. These warranties cover repair services performed directly by the manufacturer. Some warranties also provide one-time coverage for hearing aids that are lost or damaged beyond repair.
- Are hearing amplifiers the same as hearing aids?
- Unlike hearing aids, hearing amplifiers typically aren’t used by those with hearing loss. These devices are often used by those without hearing problems to amplify sounds like television volume.
Hearing loss resources in Kansas City
There are a variety of resources available for Kansas City residents with hearing loss, such as:
- The Kansas Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is a state agency that provides resources and advocacy for those with hearing loss.
- The Missouri Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is a local organization that offers leadership, education, advocacy and resources to Missouri residents who have hearing loss.
- The Whole Person is a nonprofit organization that connects those with hearing loss and other disabilities to resources they need to thrive.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Kansas City hearing aid company information
Associated Audiologists’ employees are doctoral-level audiologists with expertise in hearing evaluations and hearing aids. The company carries basic and high-tech models and has options starting at only $675 per ear. It also provides an online quiz to determine if you should see an audiologist. Associated Audiologists is a certified member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Address: 8350 N. St. Clair Ave., Ste. 175, Kansas City, MO 64151
- Phone: (816) 442-7831
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: hearingyourbest.com
Schedule a free hearing evaluation at American Hearing + Audiology to try a hearing aid with the company's free trial. Its comprehensive hearing evaluation tests use a variety of techniques to get accurate results, after which an audiologist fits you for a hearing aid and teaches you how to use your new device. The office has a price-match guarantee, and all hearing aids include a manufacturer’s warranty. The company performs regular cleanings, tuneups and hearing aid repairs.
- Address: 5516 NE Antioch Road, Kansas City, MO 64119
- Phone: (816) 326-2988
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: americanhearing.us
Southwestern Hearing Centers carries multiple styles and brands to match Kansas City residents with the best hearing aid for their budget and comfort. All hearing aids come with a 30-day risk-free trial to ensure you’re satisfied with your purchase. If you find a lower price somewhere else, Southwestern Hearing Centers beats it by 10%. The company offers repair services, and many repairs are done for free within a day.
- Address: 6318 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64514
- Phone: (816) 584-1074
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: southwesternhearing.com
Get a free initial consultation from HearCare Hearing and find the ReSound or Starkey hearing aid that’s ideal for your lifestyle, budget and hearing level. The office has two local offices and offers education and counseling services to Kansas City residents. It also repairs and cleans all brands and models of hearing aids.
- Address: 22120 Midland Drive, Ste. 3, Shawnee, KS 66226
- Phone: (913) 667-3588
- Hours: M, W, F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: hearcarekc.com
Neighborhood Hearing Aid Center performs free hearing tests to help you determine if you would benefit from a hearing aid. The company fits you with a device from one of the several brands it carries, and you can evaluate if the recommended model is right for you during a risk-free trial. The company also offers free care services, including cleanings, adjustments and reprogramming, during the one- to three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Address: 10801 W. 87th St., Ste. 300, Overland Park, KS 66214
- Phone: (913) 438-3000
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 4pm
- Website: kanhear.com
Focus Hearing carries six major brands and provides an option for every budget and technology preference. During your comprehensive hearing evaluation, the office creates a personalized solution. The company also offers a risk-free trial that lets you can fully adjust to your new hearing aid.
- Address: 10990 Quivira Road, Ste. 120, Overland Park, KS 66210
- Phone: (913) 754-2144
- Hours: M & T: 9am - 5pm; W - F: 9am - 4pm
- Website: myfocushearing.com
The audiologists at Hearing & Balancing Specialists of Kansas City offer custom, comprehensive care for all degrees of hearing loss. It stocks multiple styles of hearing aids to match your budget and comfort. The company’s devices have premium technology options, including Bluetooth compatibility and rechargeable batteries. The company also provides repair services and routine maintenance for all major brands.
- Address: 458 NE 291 Highway, Lee's Summit, MO 64086
- Phone: (816) 507-8885
- Hours: M: 8am - 7pm; T - Th: 8am - 5pm; F: 8am - 12pm
- Website: hearingandbalancekc.com
Contact HearUSA for a free hearing screening to find out if a hearing aid can improve your ability to hear and communicate. The company offers more than 250 hearing aid models and has something for every budget and preference. Check online for special offers, including gift cards with a hearing screening. You can also take an instant hearing evaluation to determine if you’re experiencing hearing loss.
- Address: 1001 NW Chipman Road, Ste. 117, Lee's Summit, MO 64081
- Phone: (816) 554-3777
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: hearusa.com