Best Hearing Aids in Chicago, IL
More than 30 million Americans suffer hearing loss at some point in their lives, but many can increase their quality of life by using hearing aids tailored to their condition. When shopping for hearing aids, it's crucial to find an expert audiologist and a device that matches your lifestyle. We researched the best hearing aids in Chicago to help.
Top 9 Chicago Hearing Aid Stores and Audiologists
|Chicago Hearing Care||Read Expert Review|
Provides comprehensive hearing evaluations. Offers hearing evaluations based on case history and a battery of examinations. Performs acoustic reflex testing and tympanometry, among other tests.
|Chicago Hearing Services||Read Expert Review|
Focuses on personalized care. Creates an individualized hearing wellness plan for each patient. Provides convenient hours and emergency care.
|Chicagoland Hearing Health Center||Read Expert Review|
Leading hearing care provider and hearing aid center. Has 23 convenient locations across Chicago. Utilizes Starkey Hearing Technologies, a leader in hearing aid manufacturing.
|Connect Hearing Chicago||Read Expert Review|
Provides free hearing evaluation and consultation with hearing care professionals. Offers hearing aid fittings and a free two-week trial and adaptation period. Complimentary three-year warranty on devices.
|Hearing Health Center Chicago||Read Expert Review|
Provides a range of services, including baseline hearing check-ups, earwax removal and diagnostic hearing tests. Offers balance and dizziness evaluations. Performs tinnitus consultation and treatment.
|Hearing World||Read Expert Review|
Sells hearing equipment at competitive prices. Employs highly qualified professionals. Provides effective options from top manufacturers.
|HearUSA Chicago||Read Expert Review|
Offers free hearing screening on your first visit. Provides evaluations and recommendations about treatment solutions. Stocks more than 250 different hearing aid models.
|Personal Sound Hearing Aid Center||Read Expert Review|
Stocks a wide selection of hearing aids. Provides hearing aids, adjustments and accessories. Offers free consultations by appointment only.
|SoniK Hearing Care Services||Read Expert Review|
Performs a variety of services for hearing loss, including profound hearing loss. Provides a free hearing screening and 75-day trial. Offers treatments for hearing loss, tinnitus or other balance disorders.
While more often affecting the elderly, hearing loss is not limited to a specific age group. Children, teens and young adults also suffer from issues with hearing. In Cook County alone, 150,000 people have been diagnosed as deaf or having severe hearing loss. Many people who have difficulties hearing turn to hearing aids to improve their quality of life.
How much do hearing aids cost in Chicago?
The cost of hearing aids in Chicago runs from $499 to $4,000 per ear. Less visible and more sophisticated devices equipped with the latest technology cost a few thousand dollars each.
Although all hearing aid models primarily work the same way, some of the more advanced models utilize technology such as:
- Environment-specific volume
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- Smaller, invisible design
- Smartphone connectivity
Beyond price, a hearing aid should be chosen according to your lifestyle, the severity of your condition and personal preferences.
How can I pay for hearing aids in Chicago?
Most insurance carriers do not cover hearing aids. However, there are organizations in the Chicago area that provide financial assistance for residents with hearing loss.
- The Lions of Illinois Hearing Aid Bank (HAB) offers donated hearing aids to those who can't afford them and are not eligible for state assistance.
- Chicago Hearing Society (CHS) provides several programs for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
Another smart step is to ask providers about military and AARP discounts as well as any other form of financial aid or payment plan.
Chicago hearing aids FAQ
- Where do I get a hearing aid fitting in Chicago?
- Many audiologists in Chicago perform hearing aid fittings, but some companies do not require an official hearing fitting because they send different sizing options for customers. Ask the customer service representative of your selected provider if a fitting is necessary.
- Does Medicare cover hearing aids in Illinois?
- Medicare does not cover hearing aids in Illinois. However, there are financial assistance programs and payment plans that residents can take advantage of, such as the Chicago Hearing Society and the Lions of Illinois Hearing Aid Bank.
- Can I donate my hearing aids in Chicago?
- Chicago residents can donate hearing aids at the Chicago Hearing Society and Lions Club International. These donations are upgraded, refurbished and given to people with hearing loss.
- Where do I get a hearing test in Chicago?
- Several audiologists in the Chicago area provide hearing tests — some are even complimentary. However, some companies do not require an official hearing test. These providers help customers choose the best product for their needs by asking about their hearing experiences and evaluating their conditions.
Hearing loss resources in Chicago
Besides consulting with medical professionals, Chicago residents have other hearing loss services available locally. These services include nonprofit and governmental organizations that provide different types of help to people affected by hearing loss.
- The Illinois Association of the Deaf (IAD) advocates for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- The Illinois School for the Deaf Outreach Program offers services to children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- The Illinois Service Resource Center (ISRC) provides behavior support for students who are deaf or hard of hearing. It also offers training, on-site assistance and resources for parents and educators who work with the deaf or hard of hearing.
- The Chicago Lighthouse (CLH) offers vocational and educational services to children, youth and adults who have multiple impairments, including hearing issues.
- The Illinois Telecommunications Access Corporation (ITAC) provides free telephone equipment to people who are hard of hearing, deaf or deaf-blind.
Chicago hearing aid company information
Chicago Hearing Care provides patients with an extensive array of services, including hearing evaluations, tinnitus assessment and management, pediatric hearing tests and professional ear cleaning. It also offers hearing aids, hearing aid batteries, earmolds, earplugs and hearing protection for various devices. The company accepts Medicare, Aetna, BlueCross/BlueShield, Humana and UnitedHealthCare.
- Address: 401 E. Ontario St., Chicago, IL 60611
- Phone: (312) 643-0782
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: chicagohearingcare.com
Chicago Hearing Services offers a personalized approach to every patient. It begins with a hearing evaluation, which enables the company's staff to design a customized hearing wellness plan for each patient. Chicago Hearing Services also provides hearing devices, hearing aid repairs, hearing aid adjustments, aural rehabilitation, custom earplugs, a full range of diagnostic testing and ear wax removal.
- Address: 5600 W. Addison St., Ste. 502, Chicago, IL 60634
- Phone: (773) 685-9202
- Hours: M - W: 8:30am - 5:30pm; F: 8:30am - 5:30pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: chicagohearingservices.net
Hearing Health Center is a chain of clinics in the Chicago area that offers numerous hearing aid services and hearing protection. It helps customers choose the right style and offers flexible leasing and financing plans starting as low as $149 a month with a $500 initial deposit. The price covers top-of-the-line hearing aids, replacement with a new pair every three years, manufacturer-covered repair warranty and lifetime cleanings, service and batteries.
- Address: 142 E. Ontario St., Ste. 1100, Chicago, IL 60611; Multiple locations
- Phone: (312) 263-7171
- Hours: M - T: 8am - 5pm; W - Th: 8am - 7pm; F: 8am - 4pm
- Website: hearinghealthcenter.com
Chicagoland Hearing Health Center provides a variety of hearing services, including hearing loss testing and treatment, help with hearing aids and tinnitus relief. The company utilizes Starkey Hearing Technologies' Audibel brand, which is recognized as a premier provider of hearing healthcare. Chicagoland Hearing Health Center also services all hearing aid brands.
- Address: 939 W. North Ave., Ste. 750, Chicago, IL 60642; Multiple locations
- Phone: (847) 563-4967
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: chicagolandhearing.com
SoniK Hearing Care Services offers cerumen removal, custom earmolds and earplugs, diagnostic audiologic evaluations, hearing aid evaluation and selection, hearing aid dispensing and fitting, hearing aid repairs, musician's earplugs and other services. The company also performs hearing evaluations, fittings and tinnitus evaluations and management. SoniK Hearing Care Services accepts most insurances. It is also a part of several networks, including Truhearing, Hear in America, Hearing Care Solutions and Hear.com.
- Address: 8 S. Michigan Ave., Ste. 2212, Chicago, IL 60603
- Phone: (312) 346-1136
- Hours: M & T: 9am - 5pm; W & Th: 8am - 6pm; F: 9am - 3pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: sonikhearing.com
Headquartered in the Chicago area, Connect Hearing provides a network of convenient neighborhood hearing care centers for free hearing evaluations and professional consultations. The company makes all recommendations based upon your individual hearing needs and lifestyle. Patients can qualify for a two-week free device trial with complete assistance from Connect Hearing.
- Address: 111 N. Wabash Ave., Ste. 1618, Chicago, IL 60602; Multiple locations
- Phone: (312) 251-0100
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 4:30pm
- Website: connecthearing.com
HearUSA contracts with a variety of third-party payers, benefit sponsors, employer groups, managed care programs, health plans and unions to provide hearing care benefits to its members. With more than 4,600 hearing care providers across the U.S., HearUSA and its Hearing Care Network provide a comprehensive support program.
- Address: 1945 W. Wilson Ave., Ste. 6108, Chicago, IL 60640; Multiple locations
- Phone: (773) 271-2036
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: hearusa.com
Hearing World focuses on personalized care and provides all kinds of services to ensure that its hearing aids operate correctly. It offers hearing aid repairs and hearing aid fittings. Hearing World offers customers extensive lines of medical equipment and innovative medical features. Among the hearing aid brands provided by Hearing World are Oticon, Phonak, Signa/Siemens, Starkey, Resound and Widex.
- Address: 1136 S. Delano Court, Ste. B201, Chicago, IL 60605; Multiple locations
- Phone: (312) 535-0102
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: hearingworldllc.com
Personal Sound Hearing Aid Center specializes in selling and servicing custom-fitted hearing aids designed and manufactured for its customers. It also sells and provides service for non-custom hearing aids. The center sells earmolds, earplugs, batteries, TV and telephone devices, cases and dehumidifiers. It repairs all hearing aid makes and models with same-day service for most problems.
- Address: 6652 W. Archer Ave. Chicago, IL 60638
- Phone: (773) 229-1212
- Hours: M, Th: 2pm - 5pm; T, F: 11am - 5pm
- Website: personalsound.com