2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.79/5

Harry’s is a men’s shaving company that offers products for skin care and hair health. Its products include shaving supplies, face care supplies, shower supplies and hair products. Harry’s also offers full shave sets for men who want to reset their shaving routines.

Harry's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: April 4, 2020

I just bought a Harry’s razor from Target. Wanted to try it before but didn’t want to pay shipping and handling or set up a subscription like the website wants you to do. For the reason stated above they got a 4 star rating. Compared to the Mach 4 this blade set up does just as good of a job at less cost. I have the type of facial hair that once you shave it looks like it came right back so trust me I’ve tried every razor out there. Mach 4 was my go to but I will say this - for 9.99 you get a shaver and an extra blade and a case to help dry and protect your current blade for the price of 1 mach4. Harry’s razor comes with a fine touch blade at the top just like all the others. I will say the positioning of this is not in the normal place as other razors spacing is off a bit. With that being said I took a little bit more off my side burns than I was hoping to but the angle on the finishing touch blade is better and gives you a cleaner trim.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

First off, men's face razors are not meant for shaving women's bodies; it's been said time and time again. Nuff on that. I just bought a Harry's razor today, got it home and read some horrible reviews. I didn't even want to try it because I have a lot of round features (chin, jaw-line, around mouth). I have used a Mach 3 for as long as I can remember having to shave everyday in the military, so about 22 years. I was actually afraid of the 5 blades, it definitely didn't feel right against my face. However, it only took one pass (with shaving cream) to remove my stubble. I didn't have to press down like, I have never pressed down on any razor, you'll remove skin that way. Granted it's only been one day, but I will see just how many shaves I can get with 1 razor and provide an update. For now I am happy I'm not paying $15 for refills for the moment.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Had I read the reviews here I very likely would not have ordered this product, which would have been a shame. I was, reviews or not, very skeptical, since I have been an enthusiastic buyer of Gillette products for years. But what the heck, Harry’s pretty much offering you to try for free, and so I eventually ceded to the temptation to place the order (after seeing the ad about 280 times).

I have very sensitive skin, and can’t shave every day. I’m not especially prone to cuts, but have to be careful. I am quite frankly amazed by this product. It delivered the closest shave with the least effort I have experienced, including with Gillette’s vibrating (and annoying, but very effective) razor. It feels good in the hand, I appreciated the greater flexibility of the blades, and experienced no irritation. I have no clue whatsoever about what some of the reviewers are referring to.

Dull blades? No, I have experienced those from competitors and these are as sharp as a razor can get. Perhaps they are not ideal for women, I don’t know, although I have seen some very positive reviews from women, as well. Perhaps they are not perfect for everyone’s face - I don’t know that any product is. But in terms of sheer observations or assessment I can’t square most of these negative reports at all with my own experience. I can’t of course say anyone is “wrong,” but readers have the right to an alternative view.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I'd been using Gillette blades for 20+ year and the past 5 years for free (thanks to a case of blades gifted to me by a friend in the business). Gillette blades are awesome but, when I ran out, i figured I would try Harry's because they seem to be priced at what blades should be. Maybe it's because I don't have a super-tough beard and because I shave every day, but when I use Harry's as part of my morning routine – which includes Art of Shaving oil, shave cream, and after-shave balm – I get a shave as close and smooth as Gillette. What's more, I kind of like the less rigid, more flexible blade head – and the lighter handle is great. Seems to me that everyone has a different face, a different way they shave, and different sensibilities – but I think I'm going to stay with Harry's for the foreseeable future. Especially since Gillette on started bringing their blade prices down when Dollar Shave Club, Harry's et al came on the scene.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is definitely NOT a paid plant. I'll admit I have pretty good skin. I've never got razor burn or cuts or anything, but the problem I've had with every razor I've used is even if I shave up or dry it's never or barely a close enough shave. Until now. I just tried the trial last night and I was shocked. Not a single piece of stubble. I use shave gel already so I was pleased with the shave gel. I got the face lotion in the mystery box and after an hour of it being on I am very pleased with how my face feels. Bottom line for me: best razor I've ever used. And that's coming from a Gillette guy.

Original review: July 8, 2020

They tell you it’s a “trial” then charge you for a membership and started kit. Then you cancel because the razors feel like cheap disposables and they charge you again for a membership fee because you didn’t cancel both the orders and membership. Better off and cheaper buying at the local store.

Original review: June 15, 2020

This razor is cheaply made! The head doesn't stay connected to the handle. The damn thing falls off the handle every damn time! Yeah the colors are better but Dollar Shave Club has better quality. Get your ** together!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Bottomline is the blades don't last. By the 3rd shave, there is irritation. The big brands last 5 to 7 days for about a quarter more with less irritation. I was skeptical of the fancy packaging of Harry's. I really wanted to like the product. I do enjoy the soap.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I am an old marketing guy so I understand the power of advertising and market saturation with TV, radio and print ads. I've seen tons of them for Harry's Razor. I have helped many companies achieve great success but only those products that I tested and believed in. Slick ads, cool packaging and ad buy saturation might get you to 1st base and a good possibility of stealing 2nd.

I bought a Harry's Razor and extra blades at Walgreens a few days ago. I used it for the first time yesterday morning and it was not a good experience... Dullest blade I've ever shaved with. I've used Gillette and Schick blades for weeks and they stayed sharper than the Harry's blade right out of the box. Used it again with a new blade this morning... Same result and 10 minutes ago I tossed it all in the garbage. One more lesson that product performance is the only thing that makes a good product succeed.

Original review: May 4, 2020

5 blade trial cartridge- not worth it. A 3 blade Bic offers a better smoother less irritating shave for lots less. A subscription would be more "salt in the wound". With no money back guarantee Harry's made out, I'm just "out".

Harry's Company Information