2.53/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

48 Harry's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

I ordered a trial set and mystery gift on Feb. 19. I was sent tracking information for my package on Feb. 20. They estimated it would be delivered Feb. 27-Mar. 4. It is Mar. 18 and I still haven't received it. I emailed the help@harrys.com asking for a refund. They gave me a generic reply saying they can see my package is on the way. I however have no proof that my package is actually coming. It's a scam.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I loved the razors and loved the product but 6 months in suddenly they are charging and not shipping. I have contacted their support twice and they are not responding... I am canceling... Don't know if they were hacked or went under.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 6, 2019

Sorry Harry's - good idea and service but I found the razor somewhat flimsy and the blades don't look like they will last very long compared to the main brands. The Gel is just OK. I Will stick to Gillette Fusion and Body Shop's Shaving Cream which are of a much higher quality and give a cleaner shave and a far superior shaving experience.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I ordered this autoship for razors in the middle of February. Today is March 5th and still no package. When I track it, it says that the package has been in Hebron KY for the past 10 days. I think I'll be canceling this because I got an email saying my next shipment will be March 10. That's 5 days away and I STILL haven't received the first package.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Overall, I don't mind the shave I get from the blades. Given, my facial hair is somewhat soft and shaves easily. HOWEVER, the precision trimmer blade on the upper edge regularly cuts the bejeezus out of me. Never had this issue with a razor before, but I can't use it anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Bought this razor and extra blades at Target for my husband for a little gift. He used it once and won’t use it again. He said it dragged and pulled and didn’t give a close shave. He said they spent more on the packaging than the blades. (He’s right, because I bought it based on it being on the end aisle and looking so appealing to the eye.) We’ll just stick with Schick Hydro 5 disposable razors. They work great.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When I first saw the advertisement on this product I decided to go for it. When I started shaving first I heard the sound of the blades against my face. It was like sandpaper. It was pulling not gliding along. I was not impressed with this product and be careful. It will nick you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I love the weight and feel of the handle and blade. The curve and pivot movement. However the blades are poor quality stainless. I left it in the shower on a shelf as I do all of my razors and it didn’t take long to rust. Unfortunate.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I decided to give Harry’s a try for me and my daughter. The issues we had were too many. We had problems with not getting a close enough shave in every spot. Sometimes we’d have patches where there was still hair, but the rest was smooth. And I can’t even count all of the times we both nicked ourselves with these razors. They don’t glide as smoothly as other razors I’ve used. Also, this is the first razor that I’ve ever had that has developed rust spots on the blades just from me leaving it in the shower. (And I have always left my razors in the shower.) Due to this, I was replacing my blades more frequently than I should’ve had to. Overall we were disappointed with this product. We tried to stick with their products, but we ultimately canceled and will not be going back.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've given Harry's Shave Club a try and it was not a happy experience. When I used the razor for the first time, the shaving cartridge fell out of the handle 8 times in the course of shaving my face. I contacted support and was told that was NOT normal and a new razor was sent. It worked only a very little bit better and I had to resort to wrapping plumber's pipe thread tape around the insertable part of the handle in order to get a tighter fit to the cartridge! STILL the blades fall off with a bit of resistance! The handle should have some sort of "lock" or latch that securely attaches the blades to the handle, just as Gillette does, and Dollar Shave Club too if I understand their design. I've cancelled my Harry's account and will give Dollar Shave a try.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I love this product! I shave my face every morning and the blades last me at least three weeks. I've been using Gillette previously. I feel that Harry's is better. Very, very smooth shave. I like their Post-Shave Baum as well.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased one for myself and one for my son, he is a first time shaver. They are a complete waste of money. The blades went dull after the first shave, they do not cut close and watch out they will cut you with all the blades, had to get my leg glued due to a slip of the handle... :( No safety features, also they were rusted the first use. My son has horrible razor burn and had the same problem with his blades. The cost and design along with the commercial are why I thought they would be great.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was excited to try Harry's.

The commercials made me want to try the premium shaving experience they described.

Getting used to dragging what seems like a small sled of blades across my skin took time to get used to - and often didn't feel as close as the disposable razors I had been using. My 5 O'Clock shadow seemed to start a few hours early.

After a month and a half, I have cut myself with the sideburn trimmer more than once while shaving under my chin. The last time so bad, I am not sure if it will leave a scar (cutting my chin with the snap-back from the "sled").

I have cancelled by subscription. I liked the shave gel a lot, and was hoping to like the convenience of the every two month restock I had selected. But these are the worst cuts I have had in more that 30 years of shaving.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I tried Harry's Razor starter kit recently. Worst razor I’ve used in over 50 years of shaving. Can’t shave up tight to my sideburns, and doesn’t get nearly as close or as comfortable a shave as my old disposables. Very raw shaving the neck/chin area and high possibility of cuts. Blades don't last, very expensive system. My Schick disposables are so superior and cost so much less. I’m on my last blade and will say Good Riddance to Harry’s.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I received the sample pack ($3) that included the Winston handle, 2 blades and a small shave gel. I don't shave daily and have a goatee, so I'm only shaving my cheeks and neck. Superior shave, as good or better than the Gillette I had been using for years. The blades last me forever it seems. I just received another order today and now have enough blades and gel to last a year. I will have to change my delivery plan. A great deal. The only thing I would warn against is the trim blade on the reverse side of the blade head. It only took me one try to figure out that it's a bad idea. But the cuts healed.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I so wanted them to be good but they're crap. The commercials for Harry's razors really draw you in. They just seem like two normal dudes trying to fight back against big razor companies and big prices. I was so excited to try their product and support their company. However, once you get past the seductive packaging you're left with a product that's total crap. The razor drags so much it is impossible to get a good shave. It's actually painful using their razors. I threw mine in the garbage after the first use and returned the extra razors that I had bought. Total bummer!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Packaging is nice...maybe too nice, in other words spend your money where it counts Harry's. Handle is sturdy and ergonomic but needs much more substantial stippling. It's way too slippery especially if you shave in the shower. Trimmer blade, yikes! I've severely cut my face more than a dozen times with the trimmer blade because it does not have a guard on it. When you pull the razor up and over your chin area you really have to concentrate on not letting the razor slip. When it does, you're going to cut yourself from the tension backlash.

Would rather they not put a trimmer blade on the razor or make a guard. Finally and this is the biggest issue, the blades. For all their German engineering and manufacturing boasting, they just don't give you a close shave nor do they last very long. I shave a minimum 7 times a week and can get 2-3 weeks out of a Fusion or a Hydro. After about the third shave with Harry's, you can feel the pull. Takes twice as long as you have to continually go over each area. Yes, they are more expensive but you get a better shave, they last longer and no chance of cutting yourself. Nice idea Harry's but your claims and product fall short.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Purchased Harry's shave kit at Walmart. The box looks SO COOL! But...the razor and CHEAP and pulls like crazy. And, (for the first time in a decade) I cut the heck out of my face and sliced the edge of my nose to the point that I nearly needed stitches. JUNK!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I received a mailer that states "redeem your trial at harrys.com/mover." First off, there is no such link, secondly it's a scam. They are actually offering anything free as it appears to be on the mailer. When you go to their site they want to charge you for the "trial" offer plus shipping charges on top of it! I won't be buying a product from such deceptive marketing scams.

Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2018

Finally I spoke with normal person who was able to explain why my package return twice. The Post Office was in strike. Also that person from Harry's office renew my order and finally got my package. The reason why I order Harry's product because it's like old times very good product

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I ordered twice Harry's product in Canada and never received package. Basic on tracking number, package was returned to the sender. Then you have to call for refund otherwise nobody will call you. Terrible! Thank you Harry's for having good employees...

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have been shaving my head and face for many years. I have used single blade safety razors all the way to 5 blade razors. I have never been really satisfied with any razor until I tried Harry's Razors. The first thing I noticed is that the shaver is easy to get the razor attached. I've used some in the past that I had to place just right to get the blade on. I've had some fall off while shaving. Not with Harry's click it on and it stays put. The next thing I noticed is that the blade seems to be absolutely flush with my skin. I am getting a closer shave with less pressure and going back over. I love this shaver and highly recommend it to everyone wanting a close smooth shave.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought the men's razor and extra blades at Target. I wanted to try for myself. I have been using the Harry's 5 blade razor for a few weeks now and will be switching back to my Schick Hydro 3 blade. I found 5 blades to be too large to get around my face and crevices. It's like using a cement trowel. The strip of lubricant on the blade is minimal. I found the blade tugs on my beard and I shave after a shower in the morning so my beard is hydrated. I will be going back to my 3 Blade Schick with a better lubricant strip. I now consider the plastic Harry's to really be a travel or disposable type razor and at least for me not for everyday use.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I just got a sample which I ordered. The blade tugged and pulled on my beard. The handle is pretty but it's slippery as hell when it's wet. They also sent me a shaving gel which is very average. I'll stick to my Mach3 Turbo and Cremo shave cream.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Harry's Razors are a good value. I get 4-5 shaves out of one razor cartridge and my skin looks great. After 2 years using a Winston handle the plastic connector broke and came out of the handle. Harry's sent a new one free and no questions asked. I highly recommend trying this brand.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have literally never had a razor blade dull so fast. I tried two different razors and multiple blade refills thinking the first was defective. Nope. 2 shaves in, the blade is dull. I’ll go back to buying my razors at the grocery store.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I liked the way the razor shaved, it really did work wonderful, but after ONE use, the blades were rusted. I even kept the protective cover on it. I’ve never had a razor rust like this one did. I’m very disappointed and I won’t be buying anymore.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I tried Harry’s Razor because of its lower price. Unfortunately I got what I paid for: a blade so far inferior to Gillette blades that a first shave with Harry’s felt like a Gillette blade I’d used for several weeks. It was rough and pulled against my face. Also impossible to trim close to nose. I’d rather pay the price for a far superior Gillette blade. Also I’m missing something with the claims about an ergonomic handle. I found Harry’s handle to be more awkward than ergonomic.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I subscribed to an auto ship of blades only and was billed for and received a bar of soap, in addition to the razors! How did that happen? Notification of the additional item came at 10:21 PM, 2 days after the shipment left the warehouse! Not happy with additional products being shipped and charged to my account, so I just cancelled my subscription and will purchase and pay for only those items I need, at a retail location. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be supporting Harry’s and the business practices they have in place... If I ship the soap back, will they pay for the return and credit my account? Probably not. I realize it’s a nominal amount and ask only because of principle.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I love that they are effective and work just as well as what is supposed to be the most innovative razors on the market. Harry's Razors doesn't have all these crazy claims about being innovative or the most complex but a simple razor for men who just want a decent shave without all of the other hassles. I am so happy Harry's have more than this razor but this service. It is really great to not have to leave my home and get a great quality razor.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I wasn't liking the shave I was getting with another brand. And I tried Harry's Razors because of a deal I saw online with them. After 3 months I still like my shave so I've stayed with them. I like that they send me new razors every month for a low cost or when I request. I currently have my account set to have them mailed every two months as I don't go through them that fast so having additional options helps. However I would like a razor with more blades, maybe 5 so I can get a closer shave. I would also like a better gel strip on the top to keep my face smooth. These options would help keep me as a customer.

Harry's Company Information