2. Miscellaneous

3.9/5 (132 ratings)

About Harry's

Harry's sells low-priced razors and shaving necessities. While it does sell products at retail locations, the company is best known for its online services. Customers can order its products from the website and opt in to a subscription service that sends replacement products on a set schedule.

Pros

• Auto-refill plan
  • Variety of products available
  • Very affordable
  • High-quality blades

Cons

• No auto-refill for cleansing products
  • Not recommended for shaving heads

Bottom Line

Harry’s offers an affordable option to brand-name razors, shaving accessories and cleansing products. Customers can purchase Harry’s products individually or in sets, and an auto-refill option lets you always have sharp blades.

Top Harry's Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

A friend told me about the company so I figured I would give them a try. The razor blades work great and now I would not use any other brand. The razors are sharp but smooth. ... ...

Verified

I am a big fan of Harry's. Harry's razors have the best price I've seen so far. Also, the service is excellent. I've been a customer for many years, and have not had any issues. I...

What is Harry’s?

Harry’s is a men’s grooming company that sells affordable razors and cleansing products. Harry's has two options for razors: the Truman razor and the Winston razor. Both come with five German-designed blades, a precision trimmer, a flex hinge and a lubricating strip.

The Truman is a basic razor with a textured rubberized handle and a weighted core, while the Winston is made of die-cast zinc and polished chrome with an ergonomic shape and rubberized grip. Customers can purchase razors by themselves or in sets. The sets include extra cartridges, a safety case, shave gel and your chosen razor.

Harry’s also carries a wide variety of personal care products to go with its razors. Other products available from Harry’s include:

• Shave kits (with a Truman razor)
  • Shave and shower kits (with a Truman razor)
  • Replacement cartridges
  • Taming cream
  • Toiletry bag
  • Travel kits
  • Travel blade cover

If you opt into automatic refills, you can choose how often to receive new blades. Options include every two, three and five months.

How much do Harry’s razors cost?

The main goal of Harry’s is to offer shaving products at an honest price. The Truman and Winston razors are $9 and $20, respectively. The Truman set costs $15, and the Winston set is $25. A pack of eight refill razor cartridges is $16, but you can save 6% by subscribing to the auto-refill option.

Face and hair care products range from $7 to $12, and shower products are between $3 and $15. Travel kits range between $30 and $35, while the toiletry bag itself costs $20.

Harry’s FAQ

Is Harry's owned by Gillette?
Gillette doesn't own Harry's. Schick tried to purchase Harry's razor brand, but the Federal Trade Commission blocked the purchase. Schick ultimately abandoned the purchase.
Are Harry's shavers any good?
Shaving is a pretty personal experience. Skin sensitivity, face shape and even the pressure you use all affect your shave quality. Many customers praise the razors for their price and sharpness, but some people report skin irritation.
How often should you change Harry's blades?
The life span of your blades varies based on how often you shave and how well you take care of your razor. Harry’s website says its blades last between six and eight shaves, but you can change them when you feel they've become dull.
Are Harry’s razors good for shaving your head?
Harry’s razors are only designed for the face. While it does have a pivoting head, it doesn’t have a fully flexible head with side-to-side movement.
Where can I buy Harry's razors?
Harry’s is available in several retail locations, including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Kroeger, Wegmans and more. You can also order from Harry’s website and sign up for recurring shipments.

Are Harry’s razors good?

Harry's razors come at a price that's pretty hard to pass up. The kits make it easy to test the product without committing too much if you don't end up liking it. Overall, Harry's is worth a shot. With the added benefit of face and shower products, you can affordably cover nearly all of your self-care needs. Harry's has the products you need for a smooth and comfortable shave from beginning to end.

Harry's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: April 29, 2021

Been using Harry’s blades for around 3 yrs. At first I was very pleased with the shave and the price. However about 6 months ago I thought to myself that “these blades don’t seem to be lasting long.” So I bought a Gillette Fusion Mega Pak from my local wholesale club. Lo and behold....I did not know what I was missing. I’ve not done a mathematical analysis, but I don’t need to. I can say with certainty three things:

- One Fusion blade will outlast at least two and maybe three of Harry’s.
- A dull Fusion is about 100 times more comfortable than a dull Harry’s.

- Cost per shave is MUCH lower with the Fusion.

End of story.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Everything was good except to that I didn't receive the color of razor I ordered. Was giving as a gift and didn't want two of the same color since I was giving them to people that live in the same home.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The razor is a poor substitute for the Gillette blades I've used to decades. That's almost acceptable given the price difference but if I wanted a poor shave for less money, the supermarket already has plenty of choices... some cheaper than Harry's. But the worst is the shave gel. In the days of Covid, wearing a mask after shaving with the gel is like being smothered by a satin pillow in a French **. Threw my set in the trash.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Have been using over a year - so glad you can but refills at Meijer and Target now. High quality blade lasts me 2 weeks daily shave with heavy beard. Sure beats Gillette and Schick on price and quality - wife loves hers too.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

These blades belong at the butcher slaughterhouse.. dont do it!! They need to improve on the weight of the head. Cheap plastic razor head. Not what I expected out of this.. This product needs to focus on the quality. Not quantity!! For the dollar.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

After years of ordering razor blade cartridges from Harry’s this company turned to be a fraudulent scammer. They will take your online order but actually never ship. Weeks later when you try to find out what happened to the delivery, Harry’s comes up with million excuses and requests for address confirmation. You’ll never receive your order. Save yourself money and aggravation and buy your blades somewhere else.

Original review: July 8, 2020

They tell you it’s a “trial” then charge you for a membership and started kit. Then you cancel because the razors feel like cheap disposables and they charge you again for a membership fee because you didn’t cancel both the orders and membership. Better off and cheaper buying at the local store.

Original review: June 15, 2020

This razor is cheaply made! The head doesn't stay connected to the handle. The damn thing falls off the handle every damn time! Yeah the colors are better but Dollar Shave Club has better quality. Get your ** together!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Bottomline is the blades don't last. By the 3rd shave, there is irritation. The big brands last 5 to 7 days for about a quarter more with less irritation. I was skeptical of the fancy packaging of Harry's. I really wanted to like the product. I do enjoy the soap.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I am an old marketing guy so I understand the power of advertising and market saturation with TV, radio and print ads. I've seen tons of them for Harry's Razor. I have helped many companies achieve great success but only those products that I tested and believed in. Slick ads, cool packaging and ad buy saturation might get you to 1st base and a good possibility of stealing 2nd.

I bought a Harry's Razor and extra blades at Walgreens a few days ago. I used it for the first time yesterday morning and it was not a good experience... Dullest blade I've ever shaved with. I've used Gillette and Schick blades for weeks and they stayed sharper than the Harry's blade right out of the box. Used it again with a new blade this morning... Same result and 10 minutes ago I tossed it all in the garbage. One more lesson that product performance is the only thing that makes a good product succeed.

Harry's Company Information