2.19/5

56 Harry's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I received the sample pack ($3) that included the Winston handle, 2 blades and a small shave gel. I don't shave daily and have a goatee, so I'm only shaving my cheeks and neck. Superior shave, as good or better than the Gillette I had been using for years. The blades last me forever it seems. I just received another order today and now have enough blades and gel to last a year. I will have to change my delivery plan. A great deal. The only thing I would warn against is the trim blade on the reverse side of the blade head. It only took me one try to figure out that it's a bad idea. But the cuts healed.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have been shaving my head and face for many years. I have used single blade safety razors all the way to 5 blade razors. I have never been really satisfied with any razor until I tried Harry's Razors. The first thing I noticed is that the shaver is easy to get the razor attached. I've used some in the past that I had to place just right to get the blade on. I've had some fall off while shaving. Not with Harry's click it on and it stays put. The next thing I noticed is that the blade seems to be absolutely flush with my skin. I am getting a closer shave with less pressure and going back over. I love this shaver and highly recommend it to everyone wanting a close smooth shave.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I wasn't liking the shave I was getting with another brand. And I tried Harry's Razors because of a deal I saw online with them. After 3 months I still like my shave so I've stayed with them. I like that they send me new razors every month for a low cost or when I request. I currently have my account set to have them mailed every two months as I don't go through them that fast so having additional options helps. However I would like a razor with more blades, maybe 5 so I can get a closer shave. I would also like a better gel strip on the top to keep my face smooth. These options would help keep me as a customer.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have enjoyed the razors and never had an issue with them. I like how you can also send them to Target to buy the first set. The blades keep their sharpness for weekend and it can be hard to tell when to replace them. I've recommended the brand to people because it's well worth the cost. People I've recommended them to also enjoy how well they perform on a daily basis. However, the blade can come off the handle a bit too easily and the catch should lock in place a little better. There should also be a discount for recommending them to people who buy them, perhaps a code they can put in?

Original review: June 13, 2018

These razors are so great and perfect! It makes my skin feel so soft and super silk smooth. The razors are durable & easy to use. If you are looking for a great product this is the one to use. You won't be disappointed. Razors do their job, though they should improve their razors by making them a better quality which doesn't cut your skin. The other razor brands did not fit my need as it had my skin feeling rough and also cutting deep into my skin. They were not the ideal of a perfect razor. They were also not double bladed only single which takes longer to get hair off. But my experience with Harry's Razors was overall amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: May 24, 2019

Initially I found that Harry's razors were very good. I was getting several shaves per blade. Indeed I had to increase the period of delivery as I was collecting so many blades. However it seems that the razor blades that I receive now are becoming duller quicker and therefore I am using more blades. Could this be that the initial razor blades were premium blades and now I am getting inferior razor blades?

Original review: May 19, 2019

I bought Harry's from Target. I bought the razor two blades and an 8 count refill all together. It has been two months and I have used all of them due to the fact that they are rusting almost immediately. This is less than a blade a week use. Coming from using Gillette their blades while more expensive stayed sharp and could last a month. Not just three days before they start rusting. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Disposables are a better shave and value than these.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The stuff arrived. However i was charged for 2 starting packs and replacement razors. I have only received the one starting pack. What are the steps to cancel immediately since I have been charge 3 times for the process of 1 shipment. I am done with Harry's. My friend signed up for Dollar Shave. Got his stuff a week before me with every thing there promptly.

Original review: April 27, 2019

At 63 years old, I have been shaving for years. Bought Harry’s razor and blades about 2 months ago. This razor has brought more blood during that 2 months than all of my other years of shaving combined. I am very disappointed in the quality and design of this product.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have tried Harry's razor for about six weeks including the after shave balm. From the start I found that the shave was not as smooth as Gillette or Lidl's razors and the balm burned slightly when applied. Over the last few shaves I have developed what I call 'razor burn' where my facial beard shave area became inflamed, sore and itchy. At present this area of outer dermis is dead - white and flaking off. I have cancelled my subscription to Harry's and will be returning to Gillette and/or Lidl's.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was excited to try Harry's because the cost was affordable. But as they say, you get what you pay for. I have only used it a handful of times and overtime I use the razor I knick myself. I have been shaving my legs for 31 years and have never kicked myself as much as I have with this razor. Also, the first blade I used, within a few weeks the blade already had rust on it. So back to Gillette we go! Glad I didn't let my husband use this razor on his face.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I tried Harry's razors because of the low cost and found you get what you pay for. I have been shaving regularly for over 50 years and generally use Gillette razors now. I have tough whiskers (like a wire brush) and I can get a decent shave with the premium brands and even shave against the grain for an extra close shave if I want to. I always shave after washing my face or a shower, and use good quality shaving soap.

I gave the Harry's razor a long trial. The razor is OK, but not good for under the nose or other tight spots - too big and awkward. The trimmer blade is just dangerous - I cut myself more than a few times with it. A shave with the grain gives mediocre results for me, always with a few cuts. Shaving against the grain caused considerable irritation and lots more cuts. As I said, I gave it a good trial of a couple of weeks but was consistently irritated and cut by this thing. With a Gillette Mach 3 I can do a quick shave with just a wet face if I'm in a hurry and not have a single cut. I'd probably lose too much blood if I tried that with Harry's razor. Bottom line - inexpensive but not worth it. I suppose if you have soft or sparse whiskers it might work but not if you have whiskers that require a good blade. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I got the starter kit on Saturday. Was excited to give Harry's a try on Sunday. At 51, I consider myself an experienced shaver. I can't remember the last time I even knicked myself. The razor, well it sucks. The razor did more than knick, it cut/sliced the side of my face under my sideburn. Thanks but no thanks!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I ordered a trial set and mystery gift on Feb. 19. I was sent tracking information for my package on Feb. 20. They estimated it would be delivered Feb. 27-Mar. 4. It is Mar. 18 and I still haven't received it. I emailed the help@harrys.com asking for a refund. They gave me a generic reply saying they can see my package is on the way. I however have no proof that my package is actually coming. It's a scam.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I loved the razors and loved the product but 6 months in suddenly they are charging and not shipping. I have contacted their support twice and they are not responding... I am canceling... Don't know if they were hacked or went under.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Sorry Harry's - good idea and service but I found the razor somewhat flimsy and the blades don't look like they will last very long compared to the main brands. The Gel is just OK. I Will stick to Gillette Fusion and Body Shop's Shaving Cream which are of a much higher quality and give a cleaner shave and a far superior shaving experience.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I ordered this autoship for razors in the middle of February. Today is March 5th and still no package. When I track it, it says that the package has been in Hebron KY for the past 10 days. I think I'll be canceling this because I got an email saying my next shipment will be March 10. That's 5 days away and I STILL haven't received the first package.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Overall, I don't mind the shave I get from the blades. Given, my facial hair is somewhat soft and shaves easily. HOWEVER, the precision trimmer blade on the upper edge regularly cuts the bejeezus out of me. Never had this issue with a razor before, but I can't use it anymore.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Bought this razor and extra blades at Target for my husband for a little gift. He used it once and won’t use it again. He said it dragged and pulled and didn’t give a close shave. He said they spent more on the packaging than the blades. (He’s right, because I bought it based on it being on the end aisle and looking so appealing to the eye.) We’ll just stick with Schick Hydro 5 disposable razors. They work great.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

When I first saw the advertisement on this product I decided to go for it. When I started shaving first I heard the sound of the blades against my face. It was like sandpaper. It was pulling not gliding along. I was not impressed with this product and be careful. It will nick you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I love the weight and feel of the handle and blade. The curve and pivot movement. However the blades are poor quality stainless. I left it in the shower on a shelf as I do all of my razors and it didn’t take long to rust. Unfortunate.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I decided to give Harry’s a try for me and my daughter. The issues we had were too many. We had problems with not getting a close enough shave in every spot. Sometimes we’d have patches where there was still hair, but the rest was smooth. And I can’t even count all of the times we both nicked ourselves with these razors. They don’t glide as smoothly as other razors I’ve used. Also, this is the first razor that I’ve ever had that has developed rust spots on the blades just from me leaving it in the shower. (And I have always left my razors in the shower.) Due to this, I was replacing my blades more frequently than I should’ve had to. Overall we were disappointed with this product. We tried to stick with their products, but we ultimately canceled and will not be going back.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've given Harry's Shave Club a try and it was not a happy experience. When I used the razor for the first time, the shaving cartridge fell out of the handle 8 times in the course of shaving my face. I contacted support and was told that was NOT normal and a new razor was sent. It worked only a very little bit better and I had to resort to wrapping plumber's pipe thread tape around the insertable part of the handle in order to get a tighter fit to the cartridge! STILL the blades fall off with a bit of resistance! The handle should have some sort of "lock" or latch that securely attaches the blades to the handle, just as Gillette does, and Dollar Shave Club too if I understand their design. I've cancelled my Harry's account and will give Dollar Shave a try.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I love this product! I shave my face every morning and the blades last me at least three weeks. I've been using Gillette previously. I feel that Harry's is better. Very, very smooth shave. I like their Post-Shave Baum as well.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased one for myself and one for my son, he is a first time shaver. They are a complete waste of money. The blades went dull after the first shave, they do not cut close and watch out they will cut you with all the blades, had to get my leg glued due to a slip of the handle... :( No safety features, also they were rusted the first use. My son has horrible razor burn and had the same problem with his blades. The cost and design along with the commercial are why I thought they would be great.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was excited to try Harry's.

The commercials made me want to try the premium shaving experience they described.

Getting used to dragging what seems like a small sled of blades across my skin took time to get used to - and often didn't feel as close as the disposable razors I had been using. My 5 O'Clock shadow seemed to start a few hours early.

After a month and a half, I have cut myself with the sideburn trimmer more than once while shaving under my chin. The last time so bad, I am not sure if it will leave a scar (cutting my chin with the snap-back from the "sled").

I have cancelled by subscription. I liked the shave gel a lot, and was hoping to like the convenience of the every two month restock I had selected. But these are the worst cuts I have had in more that 30 years of shaving.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I tried Harry's Razor starter kit recently. Worst razor I’ve used in over 50 years of shaving. Can’t shave up tight to my sideburns, and doesn’t get nearly as close or as comfortable a shave as my old disposables. Very raw shaving the neck/chin area and high possibility of cuts. Blades don't last, very expensive system. My Schick disposables are so superior and cost so much less. I’m on my last blade and will say Good Riddance to Harry’s.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I so wanted them to be good but they're crap. The commercials for Harry's razors really draw you in. They just seem like two normal dudes trying to fight back against big razor companies and big prices. I was so excited to try their product and support their company. However, once you get past the seductive packaging you're left with a product that's total crap. The razor drags so much it is impossible to get a good shave. It's actually painful using their razors. I threw mine in the garbage after the first use and returned the extra razors that I had bought. Total bummer!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Packaging is nice...maybe too nice, in other words spend your money where it counts Harry's. Handle is sturdy and ergonomic but needs much more substantial stippling. It's way too slippery especially if you shave in the shower. Trimmer blade, yikes! I've severely cut my face more than a dozen times with the trimmer blade because it does not have a guard on it. When you pull the razor up and over your chin area you really have to concentrate on not letting the razor slip. When it does, you're going to cut yourself from the tension backlash.

Would rather they not put a trimmer blade on the razor or make a guard. Finally and this is the biggest issue, the blades. For all their German engineering and manufacturing boasting, they just don't give you a close shave nor do they last very long. I shave a minimum 7 times a week and can get 2-3 weeks out of a Fusion or a Hydro. After about the third shave with Harry's, you can feel the pull. Takes twice as long as you have to continually go over each area. Yes, they are more expensive but you get a better shave, they last longer and no chance of cutting yourself. Nice idea Harry's but your claims and product fall short.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Purchased Harry's shave kit at Walmart. The box looks SO COOL! But...the razor and CHEAP and pulls like crazy. And, (for the first time in a decade) I cut the heck out of my face and sliced the edge of my nose to the point that I nearly needed stitches. JUNK!

Harry's Company Information