2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.91/5

Harry's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

First off, men's face razors are not meant for shaving women's bodies; it's been said time and time again. Nuff on that. I just bought a Harry's razor today, got it home and read some horrible reviews. I didn't even want to try it because I have a lot of round features (chin, jaw-line, around mouth). I have used a Mach 3 for as long as I can remember having to shave everyday in the military, so about 22 years. I was actually afraid of the 5 blades, it definitely didn't feel right against my face. However, it only took one pass (with shaving cream) to remove my stubble. I didn't have to press down like, I have never pressed down on any razor, you'll remove skin that way. Granted it's only been one day, but I will see just how many shaves I can get with 1 razor and provide an update. For now I am happy I'm not paying $15 for refills for the moment.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Had I read the reviews here I very likely would not have ordered this product, which would have been a shame. I was, reviews or not, very skeptical, since I have been an enthusiastic buyer of Gillette products for years. But what the heck, Harry’s pretty much offering you to try for free, and so I eventually ceded to the temptation to place the order (after seeing the ad about 280 times).

I have very sensitive skin, and can’t shave every day. I’m not especially prone to cuts, but have to be careful. I am quite frankly amazed by this product. It delivered the closest shave with the least effort I have experienced, including with Gillette’s vibrating (and annoying, but very effective) razor. It feels good in the hand, I appreciated the greater flexibility of the blades, and experienced no irritation. I have no clue whatsoever about what some of the reviewers are referring to.

Dull blades? No, I have experienced those from competitors and these are as sharp as a razor can get. Perhaps they are not ideal for women, I don’t know, although I have seen some very positive reviews from women, as well. Perhaps they are not perfect for everyone’s face - I don’t know that any product is. But in terms of sheer observations or assessment I can’t square most of these negative reports at all with my own experience. I can’t of course say anyone is “wrong,” but readers have the right to an alternative view.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I'd been using Gillette blades for 20+ year and the past 5 years for free (thanks to a case of blades gifted to me by a friend in the business). Gillette blades are awesome but, when I ran out, i figured I would try Harry's because they seem to be priced at what blades should be. Maybe it's because I don't have a super-tough beard and because I shave every day, but when I use Harry's as part of my morning routine – which includes Art of Shaving oil, shave cream, and after-shave balm – I get a shave as close and smooth as Gillette. What's more, I kind of like the less rigid, more flexible blade head – and the lighter handle is great. Seems to me that everyone has a different face, a different way they shave, and different sensibilities – but I think I'm going to stay with Harry's for the foreseeable future. Especially since Gillette on started bringing their blade prices down when Dollar Shave Club, Harry's et al came on the scene.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have been more than happy with the blades and they seem to last longer than the Gillette I used before. An improvement would be allow a release for the blades from the Handle. I find the shave to be as good or better than the Gillette and the shave is smooth leaving no stubble. The Shave Gel is smooth, I ran out a while ago and used my previous gel and couldn't wait to get my shipment with the Harry's Gel.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is definitely NOT a paid plant. I'll admit I have pretty good skin. I've never got razor burn or cuts or anything, but the problem I've had with every razor I've used is even if I shave up or dry it's never or barely a close enough shave. Until now. I just tried the trial last night and I was shocked. Not a single piece of stubble. I use shave gel already so I was pleased with the shave gel. I got the face lotion in the mystery box and after an hour of it being on I am very pleased with how my face feels. Bottom line for me: best razor I've ever used. And that's coming from a Gillette guy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Just ordered my first pack of razor blades. And they had a US$10 mystery gift offer. Just for the heck of it, decided to get it. To my utter shock, what I got was a US$1 razor stand, which I would never use. And to add insult to injury, I was charged tax on this piece of crap. Don't fall for the marketing gimmicks.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Do not waste your money on these razors! They are truly the worst I’ve ever tried! I have not had razor burn since the 80’s when I tried a disposable free razor from a hotel when I forgot my own! These are garbage!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

REDEEM YOUR TRIAL OFFER AT; HARRYS A $13.00 VALUE, ALL YOURS. (Trial set includes: Truman razor, Shave Gel, and Travel Cover) "Not True". This offer is contingent on a purchase. By luring the consumer with an offer like this they manage to up their ranking online. It's deceiving and unappreciated, a total turn off. Now I'm uninterested in trying your product and your marketing has backfired.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Terrible! Handle is so slippery that getting a firm grip is difficult. So lightweight that it doesn't achieve a close shave. Blades are NOT very sharp and don't last very long... 3 shaves. Starts pulling hairs out and leaving bumps. MORE COSTLY IN THE LONG RUN THAN A QUALITY RAZOR because of having to buy new razors so often. We have gone back to Mach 3, as the razor head lasts for 2 months, has an excellent grip, and has weight to it leaving a very close shave.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I love the feel of the Gillette Fusion razors, but don’t like the price. I bought a Harry’s razor, handle & blade, at Meijer's. They were on sale, and seemed like a good alternative. However, even a brand new blade felt like dragging a cheese grater across my face. Not even close to the smoothness of the Gillette Fusion. It was a waste of money.

Harry's Company Information