2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.33/5

Harry's sells low-priced razors and shaving necessities. While it does sell products at retail locations, the company is best known for its online services. Customers can order its products from the website and opt in to a subscription service that sends replacement products on a set schedule.

BOTTOM LINE

Harry’s offers an affordable option to brand-name razors, shaving accessories and cleansing products. Customers can purchase Harry’s products individually or in sets, and an auto-refill option lets you always have sharp blades.

PROS

• Auto-refill plan
  • Variety of products available
  • Very affordable
  • High-quality blades

CONS

• No auto-refill for cleansing products
  • Not recommended for shaving heads

Top Harry's Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

A friend told me about the company so I figured I would give them a try. The razor blades work great and now I would not use any other brand. The razors are sharp but smooth. ... The price is also very fair for the products that you receive.

I am a big fan of Harry's. Harry's razors have the best price I've seen so far. Also, the service is excellent. I've been a customer for many years, and have not had any issues. I appreciate the quality of products offered by Harry's.

What is Harry’s?

Harry’s is a men’s grooming company that sells affordable razors and cleansing products. Harry's has two options for razors: the Truman razor and the Winston razor. Both come with five German-designed blades, a precision trimmer, a flex hinge and a lubricating strip.

The Truman is a basic razor with a textured rubberized handle and a weighted core, while the Winston is made of die-cast zinc and polished chrome with an ergonomic shape and rubberized grip. Customers can purchase razors by themselves or in sets. The sets include extra cartridges, a safety case, shave gel and your chosen razor.

Harry’s also carries a wide variety of personal care products to go with its razors. Other products available from Harry’s include:

• Shave kits (with a Truman razor)
    • Shave and shower kits (with a Truman razor)
    • Replacement cartridges
    • Taming cream
    • Toiletry bag
    • Travel kits
    • Travel blade cover

If you opt into automatic refills, you can choose how often to receive new blades. Options include every two, three and five months.

How much do Harry’s razors cost?

The main goal of Harry’s is to offer shaving products at an honest price. The Truman and Winston razors are $9 and $20, respectively. The Truman set costs $15, and the Winston set is $25. A pack of eight refill razor cartridges is $16, but you can save 6% by subscribing to the auto-refill option.

Face and hair care products range from $7 to $12, and shower products are between $3 and $15. Travel kits range between $30 and $35, while the toiletry bag itself costs $20.

Harry’s FAQ

Is Harry's owned by Gillette?
    Gillette doesn't own Harry's. Schick tried to purchase Harry's razor brand, but the Federal Trade Commission blocked the purchase. Schick ultimately abandoned the purchase.
    Are Harry's shavers any good?
    Shaving is a pretty personal experience. Skin sensitivity, face shape and even the pressure you use all affect your shave quality. Many customers praise the razors for their price and sharpness, but some people report skin irritation.
    How often should you change Harry's blades?
    The life span of your blades varies based on how often you shave and how well you take care of your razor. Harry’s website says its blades last between six and eight shaves, but you can change them when you feel they've become dull.
    Are Harry’s razors good for shaving your head?
    Harry’s razors are only designed for the face. While it does have a pivoting head, it doesn’t have a fully flexible head with side-to-side movement.
    Where can I buy Harry's razors?
    Harry’s is available in several retail locations, including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Kroeger, Wegmans and more. You can also order from Harry’s website and sign up for recurring shipments.

Are Harry’s razors good?

Harry's razors come at a price that's pretty hard to pass up. The kits make it easy to test the product without committing too much if you don't end up liking it. Overall, Harry's is worth a shot. With the added benefit of face and shower products, you can affordably cover nearly all of your self-care needs. Harry's has the products you need for a smooth and comfortable shave from beginning to end.

Harry's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Have been using over a year - so glad you can but refills at Meijer and Target now. High quality blade lasts me 2 weeks daily shave with heavy beard. Sure beats Gillette and Schick on price and quality - wife loves hers too.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I just bought a Harry’s razor from Target. Wanted to try it before but didn’t want to pay shipping and handling or set up a subscription like the website wants you to do. For the reason stated above they got a 4 star rating. Compared to the Mach 4 this blade set up does just as good of a job at less cost. I have the type of facial hair that once you shave it looks like it came right back so trust me I’ve tried every razor out there. Mach 4 was my go to but I will say this - for 9.99 you get a shaver and an extra blade and a case to help dry and protect your current blade for the price of 1 mach4. Harry’s razor comes with a fine touch blade at the top just like all the others. I will say the positioning of this is not in the normal place as other razors spacing is off a bit. With that being said I took a little bit more off my side burns than I was hoping to but the angle on the finishing touch blade is better and gives you a cleaner trim.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

First off, men's face razors are not meant for shaving women's bodies; it's been said time and time again. Nuff on that. I just bought a Harry's razor today, got it home and read some horrible reviews. I didn't even want to try it because I have a lot of round features (chin, jaw-line, around mouth). I have used a Mach 3 for as long as I can remember having to shave everyday in the military, so about 22 years. I was actually afraid of the 5 blades, it definitely didn't feel right against my face. However, it only took one pass (with shaving cream) to remove my stubble. I didn't have to press down like, I have never pressed down on any razor, you'll remove skin that way. Granted it's only been one day, but I will see just how many shaves I can get with 1 razor and provide an update. For now I am happy I'm not paying $15 for refills for the moment.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Had I read the reviews here I very likely would not have ordered this product, which would have been a shame. I was, reviews or not, very skeptical, since I have been an enthusiastic buyer of Gillette products for years. But what the heck, Harry’s pretty much offering you to try for free, and so I eventually ceded to the temptation to place the order (after seeing the ad about 280 times).

I have very sensitive skin, and can’t shave every day. I’m not especially prone to cuts, but have to be careful. I am quite frankly amazed by this product. It delivered the closest shave with the least effort I have experienced, including with Gillette’s vibrating (and annoying, but very effective) razor. It feels good in the hand, I appreciated the greater flexibility of the blades, and experienced no irritation. I have no clue whatsoever about what some of the reviewers are referring to.

Dull blades? No, I have experienced those from competitors and these are as sharp as a razor can get. Perhaps they are not ideal for women, I don’t know, although I have seen some very positive reviews from women, as well. Perhaps they are not perfect for everyone’s face - I don’t know that any product is. But in terms of sheer observations or assessment I can’t square most of these negative reports at all with my own experience. I can’t of course say anyone is “wrong,” but readers have the right to an alternative view.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The razor is a poor substitute for the Gillette blades I've used to decades. That's almost acceptable given the price difference but if I wanted a poor shave for less money, the supermarket already has plenty of choices... some cheaper than Harry's. But the worst is the shave gel. In the days of Covid, wearing a mask after shaving with the gel is like being smothered by a satin pillow in a French **. Threw my set in the trash.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

These blades belong at the butcher slaughterhouse.. dont do it!! They need to improve on the weight of the head. Cheap plastic razor head. Not what I expected out of this.. This product needs to focus on the quality. Not quantity!! For the dollar.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

After years of ordering razor blade cartridges from Harry’s this company turned to be a fraudulent scammer. They will take your online order but actually never ship. Weeks later when you try to find out what happened to the delivery, Harry’s comes up with million excuses and requests for address confirmation. You’ll never receive your order. Save yourself money and aggravation and buy your blades somewhere else.

Original review: July 8, 2020

They tell you it’s a “trial” then charge you for a membership and started kit. Then you cancel because the razors feel like cheap disposables and they charge you again for a membership fee because you didn’t cancel both the orders and membership. Better off and cheaper buying at the local store.

Original review: June 15, 2020

This razor is cheaply made! The head doesn't stay connected to the handle. The damn thing falls off the handle every damn time! Yeah the colors are better but Dollar Shave Club has better quality. Get your ** together!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Bottomline is the blades don't last. By the 3rd shave, there is irritation. The big brands last 5 to 7 days for about a quarter more with less irritation. I was skeptical of the fancy packaging of Harry's. I really wanted to like the product. I do enjoy the soap.

Harry's Company Information