3.46/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

31 Harry's Razors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Purchased Harry's shave kit at Walmart. The box looks SO COOL! But...the razor and CHEAP and pulls like crazy. And, (for the first time in a decade) I cut the heck out of my face and sliced the edge of my nose to the point that I nearly needed stitches. JUNK!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I received a mailer that states "redeem your trial at harrys.com/mover." First off, there is no such link, secondly it's a scam. They are actually offering anything free as it appears to be on the mailer. When you go to their site they want to charge you for the "trial" offer plus shipping charges on top of it! I won't be buying a product from such deceptive marketing scams.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2018

Finally I spoke with normal person who was able to explain why my package return twice. The Post Office was in strike. Also that person from Harry's office renew my order and finally got my package. The reason why I order Harry's product because it's like old times very good product

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I ordered twice Harry's product in Canada and never received package. Basic on tracking number, package was returned to the sender. Then you have to call for refund otherwise nobody will call you. Terrible! Thank you Harry's for having good employees...

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have been shaving my head and face for many years. I have used single blade safety razors all the way to 5 blade razors. I have never been really satisfied with any razor until I tried Harry's Razors. The first thing I noticed is that the shaver is easy to get the razor attached. I've used some in the past that I had to place just right to get the blade on. I've had some fall off while shaving. Not with Harry's click it on and it stays put. The next thing I noticed is that the blade seems to be absolutely flush with my skin. I am getting a closer shave with less pressure and going back over. I love this shaver and highly recommend it to everyone wanting a close smooth shave.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I bought the men's razor and extra blades at Target. I wanted to try for myself. I have been using the Harry's 5 blade razor for a few weeks now and will be switching back to my Schick Hydro 3 blade. I found 5 blades to be too large to get around my face and crevices. It's like using a cement trowel. The strip of lubricant on the blade is minimal. I found the blade tugs on my beard and I shave after a shower in the morning so my beard is hydrated. I will be going back to my 3 Blade Schick with a better lubricant strip. I now consider the plastic Harry's to really be a travel or disposable type razor and at least for me not for everyday use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's Razors?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I just got a sample which I ordered. The blade tugged and pulled on my beard. The handle is pretty but it's slippery as hell when it's wet. They also sent me a shaving gel which is very average. I'll stick to my Mach3 Turbo and Cremo shave cream.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Harry's Razors are a good value. I get 4-5 shaves out of one razor cartridge and my skin looks great. After 2 years using a Winston handle the plastic connector broke and came out of the handle. Harry's sent a new one free and no questions asked. I highly recommend trying this brand.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have literally never had a razor blade dull so fast. I tried two different razors and multiple blade refills thinking the first was defective. Nope. 2 shaves in, the blade is dull. I’ll go back to buying my razors at the grocery store.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I liked the way the razor shaved, it really did work wonderful, but after ONE use, the blades were rusted. I even kept the protective cover on it. I’ve never had a razor rust like this one did. I’m very disappointed and I won’t be buying anymore.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I tried Harry’s Razor because of its lower price. Unfortunately I got what I paid for: a blade so far inferior to Gillette blades that a first shave with Harry’s felt like a Gillette blade I’d used for several weeks. It was rough and pulled against my face. Also impossible to trim close to nose. I’d rather pay the price for a far superior Gillette blade. Also I’m missing something with the claims about an ergonomic handle. I found Harry’s handle to be more awkward than ergonomic.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I subscribed to an auto ship of blades only and was billed for and received a bar of soap, in addition to the razors! How did that happen? Notification of the additional item came at 10:21 PM, 2 days after the shipment left the warehouse! Not happy with additional products being shipped and charged to my account, so I just cancelled my subscription and will purchase and pay for only those items I need, at a retail location. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be supporting Harry’s and the business practices they have in place... If I ship the soap back, will they pay for the return and credit my account? Probably not. I realize it’s a nominal amount and ask only because of principle.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I love that they are effective and work just as well as what is supposed to be the most innovative razors on the market. Harry's Razors doesn't have all these crazy claims about being innovative or the most complex but a simple razor for men who just want a decent shave without all of the other hassles. I am so happy Harry's have more than this razor but this service. It is really great to not have to leave my home and get a great quality razor.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I wasn't liking the shave I was getting with another brand. And I tried Harry's Razors because of a deal I saw online with them. After 3 months I still like my shave so I've stayed with them. I like that they send me new razors every month for a low cost or when I request. I currently have my account set to have them mailed every two months as I don't go through them that fast so having additional options helps. However I would like a razor with more blades, maybe 5 so I can get a closer shave. I would also like a better gel strip on the top to keep my face smooth. These options would help keep me as a customer.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I chose Harry's Razors because of Hollywood Handbook ads. The ads were funny and they support one of my favorite podcasts. I appreciate companies that support my favorite things. I really like how well it works. Delivery is fast and accurate too. The razors are great quality and keep stubble off my face without issues.

Original review: June 30, 2018

They have nice quality to get the great overall look of the style of the individual. The best style of the best pick. I love what they do as far as price and quality. The most important thing is the quality to go through and reinvent it. I love the quality of the blade.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Easy to order and decent product to use. I did not feel as though the value on this product matched that of say a Gillette razor; however, I did want to try this product since it seemed that very many people were talking about it. There were also many advertisements on the radio shows I listen to on a regular basis.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I began using Harry's years ago when I was looking for a razor with a better price. Gillette is a good razor, but way too expensive. I am very happy with Harry's. There is a trimmer blade on the back, which makes the blade much more useful. I am a big fan of Harry's. Harry's razors have the best price I've seen so far. Also, the service is excellent. I've been a customer for many years, and have not had any issues. I appreciate the quality of products offered by Harry's.

Original review: June 27, 2018

A friend told me about the company so I figured I would give them a try. The razor blades work great and now I would not use any other brand. The razors are sharp but smooth and last a good bit of time between changing. The ordering system that they have set up is very easy to use as well and I have never had a problem with any order that I placed. The price is also very fair for the products that you receive.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Gillette is the best product all over the world. This awesome product last longer than other shave product produce other country. I love this product since it's the best product I ever I try. Made in USA, it create a new jobs in American and help the economy.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I was given a great, low, low priced introductory offer to try the razor and so I took advantage of it. I am so glad I did and I loved the price. Harry's is a beautiful great razor and I like that it is a high quality, well made razor. I love the bright orange color too! It is so easy to spot in my medicine cabinet and stands out from the other dull items.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I tried Harry's Razors because it was new and is now available online and in store at Target. The brand is slick and aesthetically pleasing. I like the design and the accessories or products that go with the razor such as shaving creams and balms. The handle of the blades is ergonomic and very comfortable to hold while shaving. However, the razor quality needs improvements. I find it tugs on the hairs after only one or two uses. Other brands that are more expensive the razor last so much longer that it proves more inexpensive in the long run. Harry's need to recognize this and correct the design of the blades. The products with the exception of the blades are generally very high quality.

Original review: June 22, 2018

They offered a great price incentive. Harry's provides a weighted razor handle with a choice of the color and extra blades. They are sharp blades and last for 3 to 5 shaves depending on thickness of your beard. Harry's Razors are excellent quality for the price added to convenience of home delivery. The extra blades that comes with the weighted handle is an added bonus. Harry's razors are an excellent choice.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have enjoyed the razors and never had an issue with them. I like how you can also send them to Target to buy the first set. The blades keep their sharpness for weekend and it can be hard to tell when to replace them. I've recommended the brand to people because it's well worth the cost. People I've recommended them to also enjoy how well they perform on a daily basis. However, the blade can come off the handle a bit too easily and the catch should lock in place a little better. There should also be a discount for recommending them to people who buy them, perhaps a code they can put in?

Original review: June 19, 2018

Was offered a free trial. They ship to your house so it is convenient and the quality is good. Great shave for large areas but need to improve detail and smaller shaving jobs. Very good price and innovative quality. I liked it very much but just not as good as what I use now. If it were to improve, I would definitely use it.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The coloring of the razor had initially caught my eye. There was a deal on these razors at Target. With there being a sale, I thought I'd give them a try as I was about to hit the time that I needed to buy new blades. Overall, it is cheaper than the other brands I typically purchase. I normally go with either Gillette or Schick. However, the quality of Harry's blades isn't quite as good as either Gillette or Schick. I did not get nearly as good of a shave as I do from the other two brands I mentioned. Disappointed.

Original review: June 17, 2018

They are good razors. Very sharp, sharp to the point that I was almost cutting my skin. Didn't dull as easily. No give to the handle, so harder to maneuver around body areas. I ended up dropping this brand after a while and going back to a more flexible brand. As a female, it is easier to shave legs when the razor has more give to it to allow for easier maneuverability. Also, I would like a more flexible handle, make it easier to find, not as pricey for just refills. Limited selection in the product, could have more of a selection to match varying consumer needs.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The free handle is well-designed. The replacement blades are less expensive when shipped to me versus buying a competing product at my local Walmart store or online. Harry's Razors get the job done without requiring any design improvements. I wish the handles could use all the different types of blades instead of a specific type of cartridge, though. I have tried Harry's Razors, Dollar Shave Club and Gillette On Demand via trial memberships to earn SB and to stock up on high quality, inexpensive razors and replacement blades.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Harry's prices are great and they deliver their products right to my home. Their delivery options are the best available and it saves me a great deal of time during the week and month. More delivery options would mean more sales to the company too. However, I would improve their selection of products. This company needs to grow its product line in order to offer their customers a more complete line of shaving products and accessories. I think more products would bring more customers to them. Nevertheless, I have had a great experience so far with the company.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was tired of spending high prices for low quality blades so I tried Harry's razor and loved the experience for half the price of other brands. It's an affordable brand that gives a clean shave. I like using the trim edger on the backside of the blade to touch up certain areas of the face. The blade doesn't dull easily and can be used many times. But the handle where you attached the replacement blade could be longer. When attaching the replacement blade there needs to be a clear way to release the old replacement blade.

Original review: June 13, 2018

These razors are so great and perfect! It makes my skin feel so soft and super silk smooth. The razors are durable & easy to use. If you are looking for a great product this is the one to use. You won't be disappointed. Razors do their job, though they should improve their razors by making them a better quality which doesn't cut your skin. The other razor brands did not fit my need as it had my skin feeling rough and also cutting deep into my skin. They were not the ideal of a perfect razor. They were also not double bladed only single which takes longer to get hair off. But my experience with Harry's Razors was overall amazing.

Harry's Razors Company Information