1.72/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Harry's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Harry's Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is definitely NOT a paid plant. I'll admit I have pretty good skin. I've never got razor burn or cuts or anything, but the problem I've had with every razor I've used is even if I shave up or dry it's never or barely a close enough shave. Until now. I just tried the trial last night and I was shocked. Not a single piece of stubble. I use shave gel already so I was pleased with the shave gel. I got the face lotion in the mystery box and after an hour of it being on I am very pleased with how my face feels. Bottom line for me: best razor I've ever used. And that's coming from a Gillette guy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I love this product! I shave my face every morning and the blades last me at least three weeks. I've been using Gillette previously. I feel that Harry's is better. Very, very smooth shave. I like their Post-Shave Baum as well.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I received the sample pack ($3) that included the Winston handle, 2 blades and a small shave gel. I don't shave daily and have a goatee, so I'm only shaving my cheeks and neck. Superior shave, as good or better than the Gillette I had been using for years. The blades last me forever it seems. I just received another order today and now have enough blades and gel to last a year. I will have to change my delivery plan. A great deal. The only thing I would warn against is the trim blade on the reverse side of the blade head. It only took me one try to figure out that it's a bad idea. But the cuts healed.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have been shaving my head and face for many years. I have used single blade safety razors all the way to 5 blade razors. I have never been really satisfied with any razor until I tried Harry's Razors. The first thing I noticed is that the shaver is easy to get the razor attached. I've used some in the past that I had to place just right to get the blade on. I've had some fall off while shaving. Not with Harry's click it on and it stays put. The next thing I noticed is that the blade seems to be absolutely flush with my skin. I am getting a closer shave with less pressure and going back over. I love this shaver and highly recommend it to everyone wanting a close smooth shave.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Had a 2-plus-month-old Schick Hydro blade. I didn't want to brave the crowds at Wal-Mart for some new razor blades, so I went with the trendy (read: lazy) way and ordered online. Harry's sold me over Dollar Shave Club with their "Engineered in Germany, Made in America" marketing slogan. I should've read the reviews. I opted for their $8 starter pack plus a $10 mystery box. Spoiler alert: their $10 mystery box is just three bars of soap that smell like m̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶c̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶t̶e̶r̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶g̶e̶ Axe Body Spray.

I got my box of stuff yesterday. I admit I dig the olive green razor handle, but in a bit of foreshadowing it's now just sitting in my grooming box as a bathroom ornament. Pulled out the shave gel, razor, and bars of soap, then gave it all a try last night. I washed my face then applied the gel as instructed. The gel also smelled like Axe Body Spray. Kinda off-putting when it's all you can smell. It's like my nostrils had been penetrated by date **. I let it soak in for a couple of minutes then started shaving. The 'moisture strip' on the razor felt more like a Goodyear than lubrication. The razor itself was rough across my skin and the moisture strip rubbed across my face. I figured I was doing something wrong. Surely the shave couldn't be that bad, so I'd try it again.

I tried it again tonight. I now have a rash from razor burn. Thanks, Harry's. My neck and chin look like herpes. If I would've looked a little harder, I would've realized that Gillette and Schick now have order plans that are cheaper. And both offer better razors from their disposable single blade razors. Not even joking. Harry's is that terrible. I'm going back to my 2-month-old razor tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll sharpen my kitchen knife before going back to my Harry's razors. My new Schick razors can't come fast enough. FWIW, I don't see this company being business too long. Can't offer a low-quality product for a high price and expect people to keep buying after the trend wears off. Harry's will soon go the way of Jamz, Zubaz, and Crystal Pepsi.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

First of all I’m a Gillette man until they went full tilt tranny. So I tried the sample box recommended by Dan Bongino. Oh my god my month old Gillette razor is 10 x better than this so called razor. The positive reviews have to be paid plants. DO NOT WASTE your money even on a trial box. They are not worth even the shipping. As another reviewer stated a dull axe blade would be better. And I don’t have a tough beard.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Worst razor I’ve ever used in 35 years. Could do a better good with a dull axe. I never write reviews for anything but I saw these five star reviewers (obviously planted by the company) and felt compelled to give people the straight dope.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This is the absolute truth. I personally purchased three razors and three 8 pack blades from Walmart and additional two razors and 8 pack from Harry's. I even called up and complained. Got nowhere total. Waste 150 dollars.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

A Gillette user for over 50 years, I was still in search of the perfect shave. So I went for the advertising hype and bought the starter set and 8 extra blades thinking I was set for almost a year--getting a month per blade with Gillette. After about five shaves, the Harry's blade began to drag and scrape. I made it two weeks and changed blades. Again the blades didn't last. After a month I kissed the Harry's product good-bye and went back to the trusty Gillette. Much smoother and fewer nicks. Tip: Flush the razor with high pressure warm water and towel dry to get longer life. Lesson relearned: You get what you pay for.

Original review: July 25, 2019

We are in Kauai and used to mail and products delivered a day or two longer than normal. I placed my order July 5 and here it is July 24 and not yet here. Asked them about it and they explained they are sorry but have not yet placed noticed on their site it could take many weeks to reach Hawaii but I can also I could order from a couple big box retailers. (And the two they mentioned get products to us in 3 days max.) It really is a great product but that is a totally unacceptable explanation. A vital component in their chain of "Order to Customer Door" organization is totally missing.

Harry's Company Information