1.82/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Harry's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Harry's Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I'd been using Gillette blades for 20+ year and the past 5 years for free (thanks to a case of blades gifted to me by a friend in the business). Gillette blades are awesome but, when I ran out, i figured I would try Harry's because they seem to be priced at what blades should be. Maybe it's because I don't have a super-tough beard and because I shave every day, but when I use Harry's as part of my morning routine – which includes Art of Shaving oil, shave cream, and after-shave balm – I get a shave as close and smooth as Gillette. What's more, I kind of like the less rigid, more flexible blade head – and the lighter handle is great. Seems to me that everyone has a different face, a different way they shave, and different sensibilities – but I think I'm going to stay with Harry's for the foreseeable future. Especially since Gillette on started bringing their blade prices down when Dollar Shave Club, Harry's et al came on the scene.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have been more than happy with the blades and they seem to last longer than the Gillette I used before. An improvement would be allow a release for the blades from the Handle. I find the shave to be as good or better than the Gillette and the shave is smooth leaving no stubble. The Shave Gel is smooth, I ran out a while ago and used my previous gel and couldn't wait to get my shipment with the Harry's Gel.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is definitely NOT a paid plant. I'll admit I have pretty good skin. I've never got razor burn or cuts or anything, but the problem I've had with every razor I've used is even if I shave up or dry it's never or barely a close enough shave. Until now. I just tried the trial last night and I was shocked. Not a single piece of stubble. I use shave gel already so I was pleased with the shave gel. I got the face lotion in the mystery box and after an hour of it being on I am very pleased with how my face feels. Bottom line for me: best razor I've ever used. And that's coming from a Gillette guy.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I love this product! I shave my face every morning and the blades last me at least three weeks. I've been using Gillette previously. I feel that Harry's is better. Very, very smooth shave. I like their Post-Shave Baum as well.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

After the initial launch of Harry's products and for approximately a two year period The razors were very high-quality. However after that as a redesign aging the trimmer blade the razor simply do not stay sharp. After a couple of shaves they pull the hair more than cut them, and don't even think about sharing with a woman, they wear out even faster!! TOTAL GARBAGE!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harry's?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Gillette Mach 4 blades have always worked the best for me, I've tried almost all the blades you can find in regular stores. When Harry's came out, I liked the look and the packaging, and how they bragged to be as good as all the top brands, not to mention a significantly cheaper price. After going through about a dozen blades, I am just done with them. Gillette's higher end blades would last me around a month, Harry's blades hurt my face on the very first shave, that's how dull they are. They look nice, they feel good in your hand, the trimmer works pretty well, but the blades are just too dull. In the end, i just cant recommend them unless you are someone with a light beard and doesn't have to shave regularly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was a member of Harrys and I signed up for the CORE Membership which is supposed to give you an extra 10% off minimum on all orders. Well what they don't tell you is the blades that they already discount by $1 is included in this discount even though they were the same price before I signed up for the CORE discount. In addition even if that was the case $1 off a $16 shipment of blades is not 10%. Every time I call they give me the runaround. DO NOT put yourself through the hassle.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

OK, I gave into the advertising and bought a set. It does give a close shave, and it should, with 5 blades it is like shaving 5 times. The large head is a little hard to manage around the face, mouth and mustache. The main complaint is the handle to blade fit, the handle sits at a 90 degree angle to the face. This is not good. Wonder why no other shaver does this? Because it is not a good design. I did 10 shaves with the two blades and threw it all away. Back to Gillette.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I like Harry's and use them in a pinch but they have cut me each time and usually only in a rounded area. I stopped using Harry's and I am trying once again to see if it will give a closer shave. Before I stopped because I kept getting cut and not a close shave so I tried Dollar SHAVE CLUB AND THEY HAVE NEVER CUT ME and the shave is close. I will always use Dollar Shave Club but I wanted to see if Harry's has changed and unfortunately they are still the same. I get cut and not a close shave. I will try again next week and focus and see if I can shave without getting cut. FOR THE PRICE, I THINK IT IS A GOOD DEAL.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I received an email last year and wanted to decrease my order, but the link in the email they send you does not work. I complained and they modified my order, and told me they would fix the link. I just got another email as my shipment was about to go out, and of course, the link did not work. I just cancelled because this is ILLEGAL and now the world will know - stay away from the thieving goings-on at Harry's.

Harry's Company Information