4.6(188)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About BraunAbility

BraunAbility provides mobility solutions for people with special needs. The company offers wheelchair-accessible vans, wheelchair lifts, vehicle transfer seats, securement systems and other mobility aids to help individuals with disabilities get around more easily.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Multiple lift styles are available
  • Dealers around the nation
  • Trained service department for maintenance and repair
  • All lifts have a manual backup in case of power failure
Cons
  • Many features are upgrades that cost more
  • Must be installed by an authorized BraunAbility dealer
  • Must take the lift in for regular service

Stars Rating

• 79%
  • 11%
  • 6%
  • 1%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?
    Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

My muffler began failing just before the warranty expired but family health issues kept me from dealing with it right away. Also, it started as a fairly small rattle so it was tolerable for the time being. Once I had time to have it looked at by my muffler shop, they pointed out that it seemed to be a custom muffler so I later brought it up with the Braun dealer. They contacted Braun and were told that the muffler and repair would be covered by warranty because they knew the mufflers were an issue. After not hearing from Superior Van for a while, I called them and they said Braun changed their mind and they would not cover it. Eventually I reached out to Braun myself and got in touch with Brittany who was very pleasant and professional. She heard my complaints and made it right

Eric,

We are happy to hear our team member was able to assist you and that your concern has been resolved! We very much appreciate having you as our customer!

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2022

I have had a BraunAbility adapted Chrysler Pacifica since 2021. It is set up so that I can drive from my wheelchair. I like this feature but absolutely hate the process required to allow someone else to drive since there is no way to simply move the passenger seat across. Recently, my son drove us and by accident bent the plug on the passenger seat while dragging it into the house. About a week later, I began getting scary dashboard messages indicating engine malfunctions. To make a very long story short, it took nearly a month and over $2,000 to find out that the broken plug sent the Pacifica's computer system into insane malfunctioning. The replacement part wasn't sent to Drivemaster (where the work was finally being done after two failed attempts by regular mechanics) until a week after issue was diagnosed for reasons I will never know.

I am upset that I was never told about the sensitivity between adaptations for mobility and the workings of the van. I'm upset that the warranty was voided completely because we had damaged the plug. I'm upset that it took so long to finally get my freedom back. BraunAbility's near monopoly in this area, should give them a greater sense of responsibility to people with mobility impairments. Clearly, it does not.

Ms. Abigail,

We are sorry to hear of your experience, but happy to see an authorized BraunAbility dealer was able to get your issue resolved. BraunAbility recommends working with our network of dealers for any of your mobility concerns because they have technicians trained and certified to repair the product.

A BraunAbility case manager has reached out to you directly through email and is currently looking further into your concerns.

Again, we are sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for any inconveniences this has caused you.

BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Reviewed July 22, 2022

Thank you Tracy for a fantastic conversion van, It will be great for both scooter and power chair. And I can drive again!. She was very patient to make sure I could enter and exit the van. I had to have a couple parts repeated and it was so easy to understand.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffReliability

Reviewed June 24, 2022

I purchased Toyota Sienna in 2022 that was converted with funding from OOD with handcontrols, easy lock, and foldout ramp 2021. I purchased the van. This was new conversion products by Braun. anyone who has engaged in the process of working with state/federal agency on getting a van conversion knows it's a journey in and of itself and it can take 2 years...

In may 2022, less than one year since receiving the van conversion, the ramp began failing. Van was taken to local dealer, Mobility Works Dayton Ohio who then said it was a flawed Braunability ramp module. And of course a part needed to be ordered. Problem solved they told me. Covered under warranty but I still purchased the $250 6 months maintenance check to make sure everything else ok.

A month later, this week, Wednesday afternoon June 22, 2022 again ramp began to fail. Today I learn from both my "National" Braunability "Case Manager" Carrie and local dealer Mobility Works Jeff (Tech) and Mike (manager) that the ramp is still not fixed and needs another "new" part replaced. Again...Mobility Works does not have the part and it needs to be ordered and "sometime" next week it will be fixed. Everyone tells me they are doing the "best" they can.

In the meantime, my options are no vehicle or drive the van knowing that the ramp will fail BUT..I am told by technician all I have to do is Pull and/or push the fold out ramp and it will work. Context is everything, I am 3 and half feet tall, with severe osteopenia and the reason I got a van conversion was because my body is not able to do excessive physical exertion. It is Friday, I have a medical appointment in Chicago on Tuesday and no idea how this will ever be resolved, No rental, no good options and a lot of money and effort invested in the process of getting what I thought and what I was promised was reliability and freedom of movement. It is not ok to treat disability community like this..Future buyers beware....Proceed with caution...The money involved in this conversion business and poor quality control makes me sick to my stomach...

Ms. Julie,

We’re truly sorry to hear about your experience with your 2018 BraunAbility Toyota. We never want for any of our customers to have an experience like you’ve had. We understand that the vehicles we manufacture are your source to get anywhere and everywhere you go. Unfortunately, our products are manmade and therefore, occasionally there are concerns with them. BraunAbility always stands behind the products that we manufacture and we will support you and work with MobilityWorks to ensure all the concerns are resolved with your vehicle.

If you change your mind about the rental vehicle that was offered on Friday by our national case manager, we’ll be happy to look to find you an option.

Once again, we’re truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Installation & Setup

Reviewed March 11, 2022

My BraunAbility 2021 Toyota had multiple pieces of interior trim misaligned. Very sloppy fit and finish, contrary to Braunability’s quality marketing claims. To their credit, these pieces were replaced and properly re-installed. The passenger side Braunability lower door extension did not meet up with the weatherstripping, leaving a hole to the outside, with resultant road noise. Braun screwed a small piece of metal to their door extension to close up the hole. There is something wrong with the engineering design of the door opening/door extension that caused this problem, the screwed on piece of metal fixes the problem by patching it up. I guess this is the result of their “55,000 engineering design hours” that they advertise.

Braunability also kindly replaced the weatherstripping which was poorly installed. So they have made a reasonable effort at correction, but buyer beware of the poor quality of their work. Now I have noticed that some of their lowered floor steel has already begun to show surface rust after 3 months of use. Appears the paint has been poorly/thinly applied. So that will be the next issue I have to deal with. I get considerable road noise through the sliding doors doors, especially on the passenger side. It is not horrible, but disappointing considering Braunability claims of “quiet drive” and “improved” Toyota door seal. Overall, not a confidence inspiring experience with my new Toyota conversion.

Steven,

We are truly sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your BraunAbility Toyota. We understand that your vehicle was not delivered to you with the quality you expect from BraunAbility. This is why we brought your vehicle back to the factory and did everything possible to resolve your concerns. We will continue to do our best to provide the best quality product that we can and hope that you are satisfied with the work performed on your vehicle. We do value you as a customer and want for you to be happy with your BraunAbility vehicle.

Sincerely,

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2022

More flexibility in interior color options. Need to have an option for a small console for drinks. Current drink holders severely impact access & transfers. I hope to have a console designed in the near future and will send you photos when that happens.

Pinned

Robert, we appreciate your feedback and find it very valuable! We would be happy to have your photos reviewed if you care to share them!

Reviewed May 17, 2021

We are very happy with our vehicle. It has made such a difference in caring for our youngest son who is 10 years old and W/C dependent. Our dealer Mobility Express, and our sales (Paul) and service (Daniel and Josh) staff have been amazing! Our only issue is ongoing issues with the A/C, but we are confident that our dealer along with Braun Mobility will resolve any and all issues.

Brigitte,

We are very happy to hear you are happy with your vehicle and that it has made a difference in caring for your son! Mobility Express and BraunAbility appreciate having you as our customer!

A BraunAbility Case Manager is working closely with your mobility dealer, as well as, our vehicle support team to resolve the issue. We assure you Mobility Express and BraunAbility want to resolve the issue.

Reviewed May 6, 2021

When we received the car the seats were used and old dirty. I paid $4,485 for used seats and This is some of the crappest work I have ever seen. BAD WORK, unstained, Money throw up a HOGs **! Bill **.

Mr. William,

We are sorry to hear of your seat concerns with your recently purchased used vehicle. We can see that you spoke to a BraunAbility Case Manager yesterday. Since the conversation yesterday, we’ve been able to confirm with the selling dealer that the transfer seats on your used 2016 Dodge, are in fact the correct transfer seats. They explained that there was a delivery inspection performed prior to your purchase on 4/29 and that you seemed satisfied and signed the document at that time. Has something changed since then?

Your satisfaction is very important to both BraunAbility and our dealer network. After speaking about your situation to our selling dealer, they said they’d be happy to schedule further training for you with the transfer seats and provide a detail on the vehicle if you’re not satisfied with the cleanliness of the interior. We will be happy to discuss this further and help in any way that we can. I believe you’ll be hearing from your selling dealer today so they can help get all of your concerns resolved.

BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Reviewed March 17, 2021

This is my story. February 15, 2019 I got a infection called cellulitis. By March 28, 2019 the infection took my left leg. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to rehab first week of April 2019. Healing and rehab learning how to walk again. June 21, 2019 I'm going home doing my rehab in Columbus Mt. 14 miles away things are going good. 4 months later I get the infection back. January 2, 2020 back in the hospital another surgery. 6 days in the hospital. 6 more weeks of rehab and antibiotic. Going home February 13, 2020.

Now my right knee is a problem. Need a replacement. Doctors really don't want to touch me because of my infection that I had I'm a risk. I found a doctor that will do it. It's going to take some time. Things that I have to do anyway about my able to drive again. I was locked down in my apartment for 1 year and 6 months because of covid and needing knee replacement I went on Youtube. Found Braun Ability. They transformed my 2005 Tahoe so I could drive again. I can't say enough about them. They are part of my family now. WILLARDS garage installed the Braun ability equipment. They did a great work. To the day I have been driving for 12 days. This is March 17, 2021. Going to for appointment. Do you what to know why? Because I can have a nice day. Thanks again.

Pinned

Thank you, Mr. Michael, for sharing your story and for the very kind review. We are extremely happy to hear our product has helped you regain your independence!

CoveragePriceStaffReliability

Reviewed March 11, 2021

While we have had a pretty good experience with dealing with Braun as a company, we have had a horrendous experience with their product. We bought a 2010 Braun Honda Entervan in 2013 with 11k miles. It was our first side entry lowered floor minivan and it unfortunately will most certainly be our last. Here is a list of some of the major issues:
    1. Within a month or so of buying it, the main ramp motor died.. Thankfully a warranty replacement but still, a $2k item that went on a van with not even 12k miles on it.
    2. Center door roller failure - 15 k miles - worn out after 15k miles!
    3. The ramp side sliding door jammed and fell off the van causing extensive paint damage. $3-4k cost to us to repair between body & paint work, a new door motor, various replacement sensors & labor. Van was out of commission 2 months! Oh yeah, the cost of a vehicle to drive while the Honda was out.
    4. A year or so ago due to water in the sub-floor, the main braun wiring harness had to be replaced and the entire floor of the van had to come apart. The mobility power door operator went bad due to the wiring. The main ramp motor again went bad. We negotiated with Braun on this one and in the end they thankfully wound up covering the cost. I think the estimated cost was 4k + between parts and labor (we never saw the end cost of the bill).

5. The current issue - the door track supports on both doors completely rotted out. Getting an estimate for new pans on both the driver and passenger side. The doors are unusable as they are (I had to rig up something just to get them to close). Probably looking at least at 1-2k or more.

In a northeast climate these vans will only last 10 years at the most. As much as I hate leasing and car payments (we don't do loans / debt) if I had to I would seriously consider leasing one as they are not really designed to be bought and held onto for a decade or two. They are plagued by repair issue after issue and they ultimately fall apart into a pile of rust. I would have never sprung for the better Honda drivetrain had I known the conversion was going to crumble away and that it was going to be so unreliable.

Braun as a company has been ok to work with. They were gracious enough to handle our last round of major issues. The concept is a great one. But to buy one of these knowing what I know now? No way. I would gladly pay more for a better engineered car that is designed to last. Let's face it, these vans are huge investments. It's not something most people just go and buy a new one every 5 years. For those of us that maintain our vehicles well in expectation that they'll last 15-20 years.. I'd gladly pay more for better materials (stainless steel, etc) if that will help the van last much longer and be a more reliable vehicle.

Our other Honda we own now is a 19 year old Honda Odyssey with 165k miles.. It has some typical old age issues but nothing remotely like what we are going through with our 2010 Braun Honda with only 53k miles on it. I'm really tired of dealing with this vehicle. I hope it can last another 5 or so years but I don't have any faith in this van. The only person who is more disappointed than me is my wife who needs the van due to her disability who can't drive it because of all its problems and no longer trusts it. What will we get next in perhaps 5-10 years? Some sort of sprinter / econoline / full-size van with no body modifications and a bolt-in lift. Sorry Braun, I wanted to give a better review.. But for those of us that watch our pennies and want a reliable mobility vehicle that will last - this is not a good product to buy.

Mr. James,

We sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We can see from our case history that our team has worked with your wife previously and has made warranty exceptions to help with repairs due to the experience that you’ve encountered with your 2010 BraunAbility Honda. As you know, the weather conditions in the northeast can be extremely harsh, but I can assure you that BraunAbility is constantly making improvements to our products. We’re certain that if you asked around, you’d find that your case is the definite exception and that is why we’ve worked with your family in the past to try to make things right and help with repairs even though the vehicle was out of warranty.

Our team will be happy to investigate your current situation further if you’d like. If you’d like for us to work with a BraunAbility dealer to have your current concerns evaluated, please let us know. We’ll start a case and reach out to you directly. It’s important to us that our customers have the best possible experience and we do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

Great customer service, fast response, kept in touch the whole time van was being worked on. Clean facility, went over everything in the van, and we had to demonstrate what we learned before we left which was great. Will recommend to other special needs families.

Pinned

Timothy, we are happy to hear about your purchasing experience and appreciate the kind review! Our Customer Experience Group, as well as, your mobility dealer will be available to assist you throughout your years of ownership. We appreciate you choosing BraunAbility for your mobility needs!

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2021

Purchased a wheelchair van, have tried to buy an extended warranty for the last 3 months & all I get is the runaround. They say they will call me Bach & never do. I've talked to sales, sup & manager.

Mr. Ronald,

We are truly sorry that we weren’t able to help you with an extended warranty. As discussed, our dealer did try to find you one, but due to the age of your vehicle, we do not have an extended service contract available. Our extended service contract providers only provide offerings for vehicles under 10 years old.

We wish that there was more that we could do for you and do value you as a BraunAbility customer.

Sales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2020

Great experience, very professional and helpful. Very fast and experienced sales and service reps. We will continue to use your services as long as we have your equipment in our fleet. also very cost effective...Thanks for your help,

Mike

Pinned

Thank you, Mike! We try really hard to provide a great experience for each of our customers! We look forward to assisting you again!

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2020

We have had a great experience with getting help from Braunability during the decision making process. Customer support over the phone and Matthew via email have both been very helpful, informative, detailed and timely. We are also impressed with our vehicle purchase, the 2020 Toyota Sienna powered side entry fold out ramp. Plenty of space for wheel chair turn around in the 2nd row as well as large cargo area in the trunk. The spare tire hidden under the trunk floor is especially appreciated. The solid fit and finish of the conversion as well as the good ride quality and low noise level with the conversion will provide us with many years of enjoyment and reliable transportation. I highly recommend Braunability.

Pinned

Joan, we are very happy to hear our Product Specialist was able to provide you with all the information needed to choose the conversion that best suits you! Thank you for the kind words and review! We appreciate you choosing BraunAbility for your mobility needs!

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2020

Had excellent contact with national company as well as local agency. Extremely attentive to my personal circumstances as I evaluated my options concerning vehicles. The local people were personable and patient as we completed the transaction and prepared the vehicle for me. This is my second transaction with your local agency. Each was of a more significant nature -- and was more satisfying. Thank you!

Pinned

Rusty, we are very happy to hear that both of your experiences with our national and local levels of the company met all of your purchasing needs! We very much appreciate the kind rating and feedback!

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2020

I have never been more pleased with the service I received from Carrie **. She called me back within an hour of me leaving a message. She said she would open a case, review my email and render a decision. She did that in less than 24 hours. And I believe the decision was correct. Carrie was amazing! ALL customer-facing reps should be like her!

Pinned

Rhonda, we are extremely happy our representative exceeded your expectations and you were happy with the decision that was made!

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2020

I encountered a problem when I brought our BraunAbility Sienna van to Toyota for a fuel pump recall. The service dept was under the impression that the recall was not covered since the gas tank was change during the conversion. This caused a delay in the service. I called Braun and Tristen solved our issue immediately. Quick, professional services with a smile!

Pinned

Anna, we are happy the case manager was able to quickly address your recall concern! Thank you for taking to the time to write about your experience!

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

I called Braun customer service using a phone number found on website. After zero wait time I was connected to Carrie **. Carrie was very pleasant and patient with me as I described my needs and was quick to offer a solution. Thank you!

Pinned

We are happy to hear you received a quick solution, Brett!! Thank you for the kind rating!!

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2020

This has been a rough season for our family. I had to figure out how to get a van for my young husband and still make sure the needs of my young kids were met too. Sam put us at ease, made the whole shopping experience easy, painless and might I even say joy filled in an expectedly stressful season. I can’t say enough!!!

Pinned

We are extremely happy to hear that your mobility consultant was able to provide you and your family exceptional support during difficult times!

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2020

The conversion of my brand new Sienna chassis appears to be well done - it is certainly more refined than the conversion for my previous minivan. I look forward to using the improved features in the months ahead! Hope BraunAbility will consider electric minivan conversions going forward!

Pinned

Thanks for the great review, Mark!! The BraunAbility team is thrilled you're so happy with your new conversion and appreciates the product idea!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2020

I concern about safety for mini van (BraunAbility makes ADA mini van VERY lowered BODY sitting). I like Honda Odyssey 2019 EXL or, Toyota Sienna, but body sits VERY low. It hits speed bumps. I have brand new car, 2019 HONDA ODESSEY. EXL modified BraunAbility and still repair free warranty. United ACCESS told avoid speed bump, but the other day I went to AZ National GUARD (ID check points). There were many speed bumps, unavoidable. I feel unsafe this car, and asking to trade in or offer cash, by either manufacturer or GM (United Access).

My disability does not need side lamp yet, I rather concern hitting speed bumps with brand new car poorly because of sit lowered often and break or block gas filling tank, ac won't work. And door does not level as original HONDA told (has occurred before) some other components. I contacted NHTSA.gov this case, and it could be lemon law by manufacture. But I concern if sales manager can exchange or great cash offer, I can look for an other new car.

Pinned

10/14/20 A BraunAbility case manager will be calling you today to discuss these concerns.

11/25/2020 Mia, we are happy to hear United Access was able to assist you with a vehicle more suitable for your current needs.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2020

I was looking for information on my Chair topper, and Alex was able to easily provide my with a user manual. Quickly, and knew what I was talking about even when I did not. And he did it in one contact. Unfortunately he is unable to sell me the parts needed for repair, but did suggest a few local dealers. Great service. Good products, would recommend to anyone.

Pinned

We are glad to hear you received great service, Edward!!! Thank you for the kind feedback and recommendations!

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2020

Big thank you to Carrie ** for sending out the black badging for my Pacifica. She granted my request. Now it matches the Chrysler badging! Very satisfied with how my Pacifica came out. I receive compliments all the time. However, I'm having an issue refueling and my local dealer can't figure it out. I'm hoping it gets resolved soon.

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear you are satisfied with the looks of your vehicle, Brian, but sorry to hear there is currently a mechanical concern. One of our case managers will be reaching out to speak with you and will assist with getting the concern resolved.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2020

We needed to know the total weight of our Braun handicap van for shipping purposes. We are moving from MI to AZ. Tristen went to great lengths to get this information. She was professional, thoughtful, caring and concerned. She understood exactly what we needed and was able to find the answer. Her demeanor was extremely pleasant and she made us feel welcome and valuable. We are Braun customers and really appreciate you!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing! Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic our team met that mark! We look forward to assisting you again!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2020

I contacted customer service about a ground clearance issue. Very quickly I was contacted back. I was offered a solution, a lift kit for the front end of my Chrysler Pacifica. It was very quickly install by the dealer. The whole problem was resolved in a matter of days. The follow-up from customer service has been excellent.

Pinned

We are proud of our Customer Experience Group and are so happy to hear your concerns were quickly resolved by your mobility dealer. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Tim!

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2020

I have called service a few times but no one was able to address my questions as thoroughly and thoughtfully as Tristen. She was patient and called me back when she was able to research my problem. Very grateful for the effort!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, Jitka!!

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2020

Kolar Toyota didn't have the instructions yet on how to replace the fuel pump on a modified van. I called BraunAbility and spoke with Alex. He contacted Kolar and gave them the needed information. He called me back to let me know I could schedule an appointment. The fuel pump was replaced yesterday with no problems. I no longer need the van, because my husband passed away in May. I can sell it now, because the fuel pump has been replaced. Thank you so much. Kathleen

Pinned

Our Customer Experience Group was happy to help assist with your Toyota dealer and the Toyota safety recall. We are saddened to hear of your recent loss, Kathleen. If you would like to post the items you have for sale on our Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/braunability/, please feel free to do so.

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2020

Online chat was friendly and easy. We just received a minibus with a Braun lift and we needed the service manual for it. The website listed all types of manuals for the model number I entered, so I started a chat session. Alex was very helpful in emailing me the correct service manual for our lift.

Pinned

We are happy to hear our chat service was friendly and easy to use, David! Thank you for the feedback!!

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2020

My husband passed away and he was so happy having the chair topper. It made everything much easier for him. Now that he is gone I would like to make someone else happy owning the car with the chair topper by selling it to them. I took good care of the car and the chair topper. It worked beautifully and still does.

Pinned

We are deeply sorry for your loss, Paulette. We see you recently spoke with a BraunAbility Customer Experience Group case manager and was provided suggestions for possible ways to sell the vehicle with the Chairtopper installed. As our case manager suggested, feel free to post the items you have for sale on our Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/braunability/ If you have any further questions or need additional dealer information, please feel free to contact our case manager again to assist you. Our Customer Experience Group contact number is 800-488-0359.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupProcess

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2020

My airbag light was on in my 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan. I called Braun and they helped me set up an appointment with my dealership. The airbag light was fixed in a couple of hours. Great service throughout the process.

Pinned

Thank you for the kind rating, Jose! We are so happy the issue has been resolved!

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

When the Toyota dealer refused to service the recall, your agent called them and told them how to do it. Will see if it worked. Have made a new appointment for Sept 15th. SHE WAS RIGHT ON AND VERY HELPFUL. ALSO CALLED BACK TO SEE IF THEY HAD CALLED ME..WHICH THEY HADN'T.

Linda,

Our Customer Experience Group is always happy to help! If you need further assistance with the recall, please let us know and we be happy to call the Toyota dealer again.

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

Managed CSRs in a fortune 500 company for 25 years. I know a good csr when I hear one. She had: Outstanding voice skills. An amazing enthusiastic attitude, you can hear her infectious smile. A sincere desire to assist consumers. Great command of product knowledge. Great delivery even when the answer was "no", lovely empathy. Perfect follow through. You are lucky to have such an asset,. I would love to have had her and a hundred just like her on my team. Use her as a trainer, she is a perfect role model.

Pinned

We appreciate your kind review, V! Our Customer Experinece Group strives to assist our customers the best way that they can!

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2020

I had located a selection of docs on the BraunAbility website but wasn't sure which were applicable to our units. I simply called the toll free number and Alex took my info and I had the correct manuals in short order. I respect a company that takes care of end users so well. Many thanks again.

Regards, Tom

Tom,

We are happy to be of service to you! Please call again if you ever need assistance, it will be our pleasure to help you!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2020

This is our 3rd BraunAbility conversion, and we will NEVER use another company! The quality of the conversion is excellent, and any necessary service has always been handled quickly and effectively. 2010 Toyota, 2014 Honda and now 2020 Toyota—the new van is so solid and drives beautifully! Thank you BraunAbility for continuing on with founder Ralph Braun‘s legacy!!

Pinned

Thank you for choosing BraunAbility for your mobility needs! We appreciate your loyalty and are pleased to hear about your wonderful experience with our products!

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2020

Carrie ** answered my questions about lift capacity and kindly sent me an email with the owner's manual attachment. Excellent customer service! She was so kind. You just don't get good customer service Carrie provided very often. Thank You Carrie. :)

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear you received excellent service!

Reviewed July 31, 2020

A very capable enhancement to my van. It enables me to transport my daughter even when wheelchair capable transportation is limited. I look forward to fully use the capabilities to get my daughter to church and doctor appointments. I am disappointed that the rear seat is not removable.

Pinned

We appreciate the feedback and will provide this to our design team.

Reviewed April 27, 2020

I am concerned with the lack of grab handles to move from my wheelchair to the seat, no way to lock wheelchair in place by a system that is accessible without the help of someone else and no way to use the emergency brake. Missing paperwork for rebate promised.

Forest,

Thank you for reaching out to BraunAbility. A representative from our customer experience group will reach out to you in the next 24 hours.

Reviewed March 26, 2020

I bought a Honda Odyssey Braunability two days ago. When I got it home I found I was unable to strap my daughter into the center tie down area. The shoulder strap goes straight over her neck. There is no place in the center of the van to place her that the shoulder strap will not choke her. Customer service was no help, I was told to contact my dealer and Q'Straint about the issue and Q'Straint told me to contact Honda. The dealer had no idea how to help me. Customer service acted like I did not know how to strap the wheelchair in properly. I have a $68,000 van that at the moment I cannot use to transport my daughter.

Pinned

3/27/2020 We are researching your concern and an agent will reach out to you in the next business day.

8/3/2020 Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work together to come up with a solution that meets your needs.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed March 25, 2020

Have taken the van and lift into your dealership located at 6836 N Sam Houston Parkway Wesr, Houston, Tx 77064 4, yes 4 occasions for lift & van repairs. Repairs are not Done correctly as yet, 3-25-20, & I have had to make ANOTHER appointment for Tuesday, 3-31-20, at 10.00 AM!!! Why can I not get decent repairs done the first time? The account is in Patricia **’s name

Pinned

A customer service agent will be sending you an email to gather more information.

4/23/2020 I'm glad that you took the lift to our dealer and the concerns have been resolved.

Reviewed March 7, 2020

Thank you very much for the two $50 American Express cards. It was certainly nice speaking with people who could understand my request. Your representative was easy to understand and I was understandable to her. Your public relations is much better than SiriusXM Radio. You are quite kind in solving my problem with SiriusXM Radio. Thank you very much.

Pinned

James, Thank you for the lovely review! BraunAbility's Customer Expedience Group thrives on serving wonderful customers like yourself. Please know we are always here to help in anyway we can. Thank you for being a valued BraunAbility family member.

Reviewed March 4, 2020

United Access in Kansas City was fabulous to work with initially. Brett ** was nothing but professional and helpful. He went above and beyond and I'm sad that we couldn't find a vehicle to buy from there. Because of the online abilities, I was able to work with Calvin ** from Superior Van and Mobility and find a car that will work. They will deliver it to me from Omaha tomorrow. Superior Van was wonderful to work with as well. I also contacted Matt Steininger directly from Braunability for help determining the conversion type before buying. He was also extremely welcome. We currently own a 2007 Dodge with a Braunability conversion and have been extremely happy with the van for more than 11 years and 120,000+ miles. We were happy to continue our long term relationship with Braunability converted vehicles.

Pinned

We are glad to hear that everyone was so helpful in your process of buying a new vehicle. I am also happy to hear that you are continuing your relationship with BraunAbility, and I hope this vehicle brings you just as much happiness as your last BraunAbility vehicle did!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2020

The purchase experience was made very easy by Van Product Inc in Raleigh NC. Chad ** took the extra time to ensure all my needs were addressed and met during the purchase process. Chad is an excellent representative of not only Van Product Inc, but Braunability as well. I look forward to many year of enjoyment in my new vehicle.

John,

We are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience at the dealership. We wish you many years of enjoyment in your new BraunAbility vehicle!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2020

Very good business. Braun vans have good quality. This is our second Braun van. Looked at other manufacturers and did not like features. Plus the local Braun business which deals in all manufacturers did state what I already knew, that Braun and Honda or Toyota is good in quality and resale value.

Pinned

Hello Jeffrey, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so lucky to have you as a loyal BraunAbility family member. Your valuable review will help many people as they search for a wheelchair accessible vehicle. Thank you again.

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2020

In October of 2019, we brought a used 2011 Toyota Sienna with your conversion ramp built in. No problems with it, I am still getting used to all the buttons that control the doors, etc. I know where to get help if needed. Thus you can take me off your E-mail list.

Pinned

Hi Dennis! Thank you for your purchase of a BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vehicle last October. I am happy to hear that the vehicle is serving you well. As requested I have removed you from our email list.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased a 2020 Toyota Sienna with a Braun ramp. I love it. I have rented vans in the past with a different brand ramp and I immediately could tell the Braun modifications were better quality. I can use the fob independently and the door and ramp are smooth. The ramp is near silent while driving.

Pinned

Hi Carla, we are thrilled that you are enjoying your 2020 Toyota Sienna! Thank you so much for your review. Reviews like yours help guide people to BraunAbility, which in turn gives us the ability to change even more lives.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2020

We have only had the car a few weeks. It meets all our expectations. We needed to replace a vehicle that was totaled and decided to get a wheelchair friendly vehicle. We spent many weeks researching the best choice and decided on a side load vehicle. Bobby ** of Koons Mobility Center in Annapolis, MD gave us additional information and had the vehicle in stock. We are happy with the purchase.

Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. Glad you had a great shopping experience with your mobility dealer. Enjoy!

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2020

Had a great experience with Mobility Works in Greenville South Carolina. They were friendly, helpful, made sure I was able to get back and forth to their showroom, offered to send a car to pick me up, contacted me all hours of the day just to make sure I was happy. This is the kind of people I like to work with. Thank-you MobilityWorks.

Gary,

Ease of Use

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2020

My first Odyssey with a folding in-cabin ramp performed well from 2015 until 2020 and was performing perfectly when I traded it in for a 2020 Odyssey Ex-L (Navigation) with in-floor ramp and up-to-date safety features. The 2015 Odyssey's electronics and ramp performed reliably; the modification was beautifully executed, and the cabin looked perfect. As great as the fit and finish and interior work were on the 2015, they exceeded expectations on the 2020. The mobility features are easy to access; the ride is excellent (smooth and quiet) even though the floor has been dropped. Our dealer -- MobilityWorks in Gray, Maine, particularly Tammy Southerland, our sales representative and JC (John) WIlliams, general manager, also exceeded expectations in helping us to configure our vehicle to meet our specific needs.

Pinned

Adrienne, I am glad that you had an excellent experience with the purchase of your BraunAbility vehicle. Our goal is to help make life a moving experience for our customers.

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2020

My purchase experience has been very good. My van is still being adapted for steering and lock downs for my wheelchair so I can’t comment yet on the vehicle. I expect it to be fine since, while my current van is not from Braun, my first Braun adapted vehicle was a full size van with a lift which I had to come to Winimac Indiana for a fitting in 1978.

Saul,

Thank you for being a loyal BraunAbility customer! We hope you enjoy your new van once the aftermarket equipment is complete.

Verified purchase
    Anthony increased rating by 4 stars.
    After a positive interaction with BraunAbility, Anthony increased their star rating.

Original Review: Dec. 30, 2019

Bought a brand new Chrysler Pacifica from a local dealer in December 2018. It has less than 8,000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times for electrical issues that are a safety hazard and still is not fixed and able to driven. Requesting another vehicle through Dealer but wanted to warn other potential new buyers of issues. The dealership is saying everything is fixed and working but when I inspect it there are still malfunctions. When you spend this kind of money on a modified car you want it to work when needed and our has not worked when needed.

Pinned

A case manager will reach out to you in the next business day. Thank you.

Mr. Daprile, I believe we have come to an resolution to this situation. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2019

My 2014 Toyota Sienna needed four or five hinge replacements and it was costing me time and money. I sent Terry see a complaint/self advocacy letter which she respected enough to do the right thing and see if we couldn’t fix this.

Mark,

We are glad to hear that Terri was able to assist you with your concerns. We will share this review with her and her supervisor.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2019

Toyota dealership said they couldn't do a recall by NHTSA because it was a handicapped van. Carrie ** contacted the dealership and explained how that was incorrect along with setting up the appointment. She's your #1 employee as far as I'm concerned. Thanks Carrie. Mark.

Mark,

Thank you for sending the nice review regarding Carrie. We are glad that she was able to assist you in getting the Toyota recall completed.

Dennis increased rating by 4 stars.
    Price
    After a positive interaction with BraunAbility, Dennis increased their star rating.

Original Review: Dec. 13, 2019

I bought my Braunmobility converted Toyota Sienna new in 2009. Recently I discover that the undercarriage is so rusted out that a Braun dealer told me they wouldn’t raise it beyond 3-4 feet on a lift for fear the frame would collapse. I saw photos of the rust myself and was shocked at the significance of the damage. I subsequently took it to my mechanic and he told me the rust was so bad that that the van was dangerous to drive.

When expressing my overwhelming astonishment - and devastation (van’s costing $60,000 + with early rust issues!) on how a nearly 10-year old garaged van with only 48000 miles on it could be so rusted out they told me that they’d seen it happen to a lot of Braun vans, particularly to ones built in 2008-10 but that they’d seen undercarriage rust - though not to the extent found in my van - in vans built through 2017. Indeed, when I when to look at a used 2017 Toyota sienna on their lot, it had rust developing already on undercarriage and body near the ramp-side door.

I’m devastated by this news and the fact that the dealer could only give me $3,000 for my van saying it would cost them in excess of $20,000 to fix. These van are exceedingly expensive and sold to folks - like myself - who don’t have the financial means to buy ones costing over $60000-$70,000 for a new one or -unless you want a van with over 100,000 miles on it for $25,000 to $30,000. And what the incentive of buying used vans when their lifespan is so ridiculously short, no matter how they're cared for.

Pinned

12/16/19 A representative will reach out to you in the next business day.

4/23/2020 Mr. Obergell, I am glad that we were able to come to a agreement to resolve this concern. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2019

Braun has great vehicles and customer support. That said, I was just scammed out of hundreds of dollars for a carpet installation. It’s my fault because I trusted them to give me a quote over the phone instead of a hard copy. I wound up paying $1500 for two small sections of carpet on the floor. A quote of $1200 was for ALL OF THE CARPET, FRONT TO BACK. When I took the van in, the technician said I just needed the floor area replaced. I told the CSR that instead of ALL OF THE CARPET, they would only be replacing the forward floor section and to adjust the cost accordingly. THEY AGREED and once again, I trusted them (my fault). Suffice it to say, I had to pay for it all.

Pinned

A case manager will reach out to you in the next business day to talk to you.

Mr. Conyea, A case manager tried reaching out to you several times to gather more information. We have been unable to reach you.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2019

I strongly recommend NOT buying a BraunAbility van! Before you even consider it please read my story: We purchased a 2010 Honda Odyssey with a Braunability conversion. It has been a slowly evolving nightmare from the beginning. First off the lowered chassis that Braun has developed is a horror to handle on the road and consistently scrapes against speed bumps and irregular road surfaces. Worse The installation was not properly done from the beginning so we have had nothing but problems over the last 9 years that went from bad to worse to a nightmare and Braun would not cooperate in any way to correct the improper installment by their company.

We took our van back to the dealer about a month after we bought it and were told that the electrical installation (Braunability) was the strangest they'd ever seen, but somehow they managed to 'reset' the computer and it worked again. That was short-lived and we consistently had problems with the operation of the lift throughout our 9 years of ownership. The worst happened 2 years ago when the lift ceased to operate at all and slowly the electrical system of the car began to be affected. What the dealer found 5 thousand dollars later was that there had been a leak of rain & snow water into the 'rocker' area where the conversion electrical system hooked into the Honda electrical system.

Apparently Braunability had not properly sealed off the area and the constant water leaks caused the electrical system to rot out. We had to have the whole system redone at a cost of 5 thousand dollars. The car had to be completely taken apart and rewired. In the interim, the lift stopped working again 4 months after all of these repairs because the lift shifted and the dealer Bussani in Bethpage NY claim someone must have run over the lift because the lift has shifted and all the mechanics have been pulled out! There have been no accidents or any other incidents that would have caused this to happen unless when the van was reassembled the techs didn't install the unit properly and over time this problem evolved. I am deeply disappointed in the lack of support we got from Braunability on this matter. They were informed that the original conversion was a disaster but chose to not honor their reputation and do the right thing.

Pinned

A case manager will reach out to you within the next two business days to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2019

This is my second Braun vehicle purchase and I love this new 2019 Braun Chrysler Pacifica even better than I like my 2015 town and country. Your quality of work is superior. Your attention to detail is impeccable. This shows me that your employees care about their work. This vehicle transports my Daughter and I am glad it's in a Braun vehicle.

Pinned

Joseph, thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you love your new BraunAbility vehicle, and hope you continue to enjoy it.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2019

Phase 2 went out of their way to meet our needs and that supportive atmosphere is why I've rated them 5-Star. The only area for improvement, I would say, is the lack of some communications which left me wondering what was happening at times. Specifically, after intensively watching the mail box nearly two weeks for the insurance check to cover the conversion costs, I called my insurance rep and alerted her nothing had been paid. She told me she had paid Phase 2 a week earlier. Phase 2 did not tell me they had been paid until I asked them about it. Likewise, I was not advised Braunability Financial had paid Phase 2 until we were told we could pick up the vehicle and I asked if we would get a check to bring to them or if Phase 2 would be paid directly. Phase 2 still gets 5-stars as far as I am concerned. Even so, I'm simply suggesting that this area of communication could be improved.

Pinned

Mel, thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you had a good overall experience, and I hope you continue to enjoy your BraunAbility vehicle.

Profile pic of the author.
    Verified purchase
    Dennis increased rating by 3 stars.
    Installation & SetupStaff