2. Elder Care
  3. Wheelchair lifts

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.43/5

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: March 17, 2021

This is my story. February 15, 2019 I got a infection called cellulitis. By March 28, 2019 the infection took my left leg. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to rehab first week of April 2019. Healing and rehab learning how to walk again. June 21, 2019 I'm going home doing my rehab in Columbus Mt. 14 miles away things are going good. 4 months later I get the infection back. January 2, 2020 back in the hospital another surgery. 6 days in the hospital. 6 more weeks of rehab and antibiotic. Going home February 13, 2020.

Now my right knee is a problem. Need a replacement. Doctors really don't want to touch me because of my infection that I had I'm a risk. I found a doctor that will do it. It's going to take some time. Things that I have to do anyway about my able to drive again. I was locked down in my apartment for 1 year and 6 months because of covid and needing knee replacement I went on Youtube. Found Braun Ability. They transformed my 2005 Tahoe so I could drive again. I can't say enough about them. They are part of my family now. WILLARDS garage installed the Braun ability equipment. They did a great work. To the day I have been driving for 12 days. This is March 17, 2021. Going to for appointment. Do you what to know why? Because I can have a nice day. Thanks again.

BraunAbility response

Thank you, Mr. Michael, for sharing your story and for the very kind review. We are extremely happy to hear our product has helped you regain your independence!

Get buying tips about Wheelchair lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

We have had a great experience with getting help from Braunability during the decision making process. Customer support over the phone and Matthew via email have both been very helpful, informative, detailed and timely. We are also impressed with our vehicle purchase, the 2020 Toyota Sienna powered side entry fold out ramp. Plenty of space for wheel chair turn around in the 2nd row as well as large cargo area in the trunk. The spare tire hidden under the trunk floor is especially appreciated. The solid fit and finish of the conversion as well as the good ride quality and low noise level with the conversion will provide us with many years of enjoyment and reliable transportation. I highly recommend Braunability.

BraunAbility response

Joan, we are very happy to hear our Product Specialist was able to provide you with all the information needed to choose the conversion that best suits you! Thank you for the kind words and review! We appreciate you choosing BraunAbility for your mobility needs!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Big thank you to Carrie ** for sending out the black badging for my Pacifica. She granted my request. Now it matches the Chrysler badging! Very satisfied with how my Pacifica came out. I receive compliments all the time. However, I'm having an issue refueling and my local dealer can't figure it out. I'm hoping it gets resolved soon.

BraunAbility response

We are thrilled to hear you are satisfied with the looks of your vehicle, Brian, but sorry to hear there is currently a mechanical concern. One of our case managers will be reaching out to speak with you and will assist with getting the concern resolved.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Kolar Toyota didn't have the instructions yet on how to replace the fuel pump on a modified van. I called BraunAbility and spoke with Alex. He contacted Kolar and gave them the needed information. He called me back to let me know I could schedule an appointment. The fuel pump was replaced yesterday with no problems. I no longer need the van, because my husband passed away in May. I can sell it now, because the fuel pump has been replaced. Thank you so much. Kathleen

BraunAbility response

Our Customer Experience Group was happy to help assist with your Toyota dealer and the Toyota safety recall. We are saddened to hear of your recent loss, Kathleen. If you would like to post the items you have for sale on our Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/braunability/, please feel free to do so.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My husband passed away and he was so happy having the chair topper. It made everything much easier for him. Now that he is gone I would like to make someone else happy owning the car with the chair topper by selling it to them. I took good care of the car and the chair topper. It worked beautifully and still does.

BraunAbility response

We are deeply sorry for your loss, Paulette. We see you recently spoke with a BraunAbility Customer Experience Group case manager and was provided suggestions for possible ways to sell the vehicle with the Chairtopper installed. As our case manager suggested, feel free to post the items you have for sale on our Facebook Page- https://www.facebook.com/braunability/ If you have any further questions or need additional dealer information, please feel free to contact our case manager again to assist you. Our Customer Experience Group contact number is 800-488-0359.

Original review: March 11, 2021

While we have had a pretty good experience with dealing with Braun as a company, we have had a horrendous experience with their product. We bought a 2010 Braun Honda Entervan in 2013 with 11k miles. It was our first side entry lowered floor minivan and it unfortunately will most certainly be our last. Here is a list of some of the major issues:

1. Within a month or so of buying it, the main ramp motor died.. Thankfully a warranty replacement but still, a $2k item that went on a van with not even 12k miles on it.
    2. Center door roller failure - 15 k miles - worn out after 15k miles!
    3. The ramp side sliding door jammed and fell off the van causing extensive paint damage. $3-4k cost to us to repair between body & paint work, a new door motor, various replacement sensors & labor. Van was out of commission 2 months! Oh yeah, the cost of a vehicle to drive while the Honda was out.
    4. A year or so ago due to water in the sub-floor, the main braun wiring harness had to be replaced and the entire floor of the van had to come apart. The mobility power door operator went bad due to the wiring. The main ramp motor again went bad. We negotiated with Braun on this one and in the end they thankfully wound up covering the cost. I think the estimated cost was 4k + between parts and labor (we never saw the end cost of the bill).

5. The current issue - the door track supports on both doors completely rotted out. Getting an estimate for new pans on both the driver and passenger side. The doors are unusable as they are (I had to rig up something just to get them to close). Probably looking at least at 1-2k or more.

In a northeast climate these vans will only last 10 years at the most. As much as I hate leasing and car payments (we don't do loans / debt) if I had to I would seriously consider leasing one as they are not really designed to be bought and held onto for a decade or two. They are plagued by repair issue after issue and they ultimately fall apart into a pile of rust. I would have never sprung for the better Honda drivetrain had I known the conversion was going to crumble away and that it was going to be so unreliable.

Braun as a company has been ok to work with. They were gracious enough to handle our last round of major issues. The concept is a great one. But to buy one of these knowing what I know now? No way. I would gladly pay more for a better engineered car that is designed to last. Let's face it, these vans are huge investments. It's not something most people just go and buy a new one every 5 years. For those of us that maintain our vehicles well in expectation that they'll last 15-20 years.. I'd gladly pay more for better materials (stainless steel, etc) if that will help the van last much longer and be a more reliable vehicle.

Our other Honda we own now is a 19 year old Honda Odyssey with 165k miles.. It has some typical old age issues but nothing remotely like what we are going through with our 2010 Braun Honda with only 53k miles on it. I'm really tired of dealing with this vehicle. I hope it can last another 5 or so years but I don't have any faith in this van. The only person who is more disappointed than me is my wife who needs the van due to her disability who can't drive it because of all its problems and no longer trusts it. What will we get next in perhaps 5-10 years? Some sort of sprinter / econoline / full-size van with no body modifications and a bolt-in lift. Sorry Braun, I wanted to give a better review.. But for those of us that watch our pennies and want a reliable mobility vehicle that will last - this is not a good product to buy.

Mr. James,

We sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We can see from our case history that our team has worked with your wife previously and has made warranty exceptions to help with repairs due to the experience that you’ve encountered with your 2010 BraunAbility Honda. As you know, the weather conditions in the northeast can be extremely harsh, but I can assure you that BraunAbility is constantly making improvements to our products. We’re certain that if you asked around, you’d find that your case is the definite exception and that is why we’ve worked with your family in the past to try to make things right and help with repairs even though the vehicle was out of warranty.

Our team will be happy to investigate your current situation further if you’d like. If you’d like for us to work with a BraunAbility dealer to have your current concerns evaluated, please let us know. We’ll start a case and reach out to you directly. It’s important to us that our customers have the best possible experience and we do appreciate your feedback.

The BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Great customer service, fast response, kept in touch the whole time van was being worked on. Clean facility, went over everything in the van, and we had to demonstrate what we learned before we left which was great. Will recommend to other special needs families.

BraunAbility response

Timothy, we are happy to hear about your purchasing experience and appreciate the kind review! Our Customer Experience Group, as well as, your mobility dealer will be available to assist you throughout your years of ownership. We appreciate you choosing BraunAbility for your mobility needs!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Purchased a wheelchair van, have tried to buy an extended warranty for the last 3 months & all I get is the runaround. They say they will call me Bach & never do. I've talked to sales, sup & manager.

Mr. Ronald,

We are truly sorry that we weren’t able to help you with an extended warranty. As discussed, our dealer did try to find you one, but due to the age of your vehicle, we do not have an extended service contract available. Our extended service contract providers only provide offerings for vehicles under 10 years old.

We wish that there was more that we could do for you and do value you as a BraunAbility customer.

The BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Great experience, very professional and helpful. Very fast and experienced sales and service reps. We will continue to use your services as long as we have your equipment in our fleet. also very cost effective...Thanks for your help,

Mike

BraunAbility response

Thank you, Mike! We try really hard to provide a great experience for each of our customers! We look forward to assisting you again!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Had excellent contact with national company as well as local agency. Extremely attentive to my personal circumstances as I evaluated my options concerning vehicles. The local people were personable and patient as we completed the transaction and prepared the vehicle for me. This is my second transaction with your local agency. Each was of a more significant nature -- and was more satisfying. Thank you!

BraunAbility response

Rusty, we are very happy to hear that both of your experiences with our national and local levels of the company met all of your purchasing needs! We very much appreciate the kind rating and feedback!

BraunAbility Company Information