2. Elder Care
  3. Wheelchair lifts
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

BraunAbility Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Phase 2 went out of their way to meet our needs and that supportive atmosphere is why I've rated them 5-Star. The only area for improvement, I would say, is the lack of some communications which left me wondering what was happening at times. Specifically, after intensively watching the mail box nearly two weeks for the insurance check to cover the conversion costs, I called my insurance rep and alerted her nothing had been paid. She told me she had paid Phase 2 a week earlier. Phase 2 did not tell me they had been paid until I asked them about it. Likewise, I was not advised Braunability Financial had paid Phase 2 until we were told we could pick up the vehicle and I asked if we would get a check to bring to them or if Phase 2 would be paid directly. Phase 2 still gets 5-stars as far as I am concerned. Even so, I'm simply suggesting that this area of communication could be improved.

BraunAbility response

Mel, thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you had a good overall experience, and I hope you continue to enjoy your BraunAbility vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Wheelchair lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

This may not seem like much, but we bought this 1987 Chevy Beauville Van used, just a little bit before we lost my wife's van to repo (as we had lost our jobs, house etc.) and it was either live in the van, or lose it. We loved that van, and this van came as a Blessing (hence her name). There is a 1986 Braun Lift inside. We called about doing some "repair" to it, We had "we have a series one!!!!" response from the customer service on the other end. We've been told it's crazy that it's still working. The van is in need of repair, and the lift could use a tune up as well. (Being 33 years old, it's stilling kicking, but angrily.) We thought you'd be interested in seeing that they are still out there, and running "strong/stubbornly".

Jason,

Wow! We are so glad that your series one lift is still meeting your needs. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Terrific purchase. Shopped in Evansville, and had questions. So I called BraunAbility's line a few times and talked to Matthew ** who was great and answered all my questions about warranties, how the rear entry ramps worked, the specifications of the ramps, etc. Flew to New Orleans to pick up; Terry was great as was the office manager Kirsty who made sure all the paperwork was in order. Mitch was also helpful. Also talked to Tim (Evansville store manager) who also was very helpful and answered my questions. And had previously been introduced to the various options by Candy. It was worth the trip and drive back. Now we are able to get my dad out of the house again, even though he's wheelchair bound. Thanks.

Gregory,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you can take your Dad along with you now! BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. Glad you had a great shopping experience with your mobility dealer. We will make sure Matthew see’s your review.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had United Access, Portland ORegon install a BraunAbility Turny EVO handicap seat with simulated leather & heated seat options installed. This was installed in my new 2018 Ford 4X4 F-150 CreCab truck. I was worried that the 4X4 would be too high but acceptable for wheel chair transfers on my handicap wife. To my surprise, the seat lowers to an easy transfer height even in a 4X4 truck application.

For those needing an all weather handicap vehicle such as me in the Pacific NW, I would not hesitate to install in this application. Jemal, Rory & the United Access Team were fantastic. Very professional and obviously know what they are doing. We installed the arm rests a week later. I determined they are needed, slight run console to left rest (passenger side installation of seat). Perfect for my wife & my needs!

Curtis,

We are glad to hear that you had such a great purchasing experience. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Although I am very pleased with my new van, and am looking forward to programming and using all the new bells and whistles on my new van. But I very much wish that instead of lowering the floor 14 inches, I wish that it had only been lowered 12 inches. To exit the underground parking where I live I must go up a short steep ramp, the underside of my van screeches terribly and many times when I very slowly and carefully go over speed bumps, I can hear the awful scraping of my exhaust and tail pipe. If my van had only been lowered only 12 inches the only inconvenience I would have experienced would be that I would have had to duck my head going into and out of my van. At the present time I am awaiting a phone call from Alliance Mobility Solutions of Richmond, B. C. to take may van in so they can put the van up in the air and view the amount of damage that has been done to the exhaust and tail pipe.

BraunAbility response

Brian, Thank you for your review. . BraunAbility has manufactured lowered floor minivans for over 25 years. Over these years of experience, we have landed on a balance between ground clearance and ramp angle to meet the needs of most of our customers. You see, if we were to raise the vehicle any higher we would subsequently create a higher ramp angle, which would create obstacles for our customers in manual wheelchairs. We could lengthen our ramp to lessen the angle, but that would create parking issues. As you can see one adjustment to our conversion design impacts others. Raising the vehicle after our conversion is installed could also affect the ride and handling.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

My purchase experience has been very good. My van is still being adapted for steering and lock downs for my wheelchair so I can’t comment yet on the vehicle. I expect it to be fine since, while my current van is not from Braun, my first Braun adapted vehicle was a full size van with a lift which I had to come to Winnimac Indiana for a fitting in 1978.

Saul,

Thank you for being a loyal BraunAbility customer! We hope you enjoy your new van once the aftermarket equipment is complete.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Bought a brand new Chrysler Pacifica from a local dealer in December 2018. It has less than 8,000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times for electrical issues that are a safety hazard and still is not fixed and able to driven. Requesting another vehicle through Dealer but wanted to warn other potential new buyers of issues. The dealership is saying everything is fixed and working but when I inspect it there are still malfunctions. When you spend this kind of money on a modified car you want it to work when needed and our has not worked when needed.

BraunAbility response

A case manager will reach out to you in the next business day. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

My 2014 Toyota Sienna needed four or five hinge replacements and it was costing me time and money. I sent Terry see a complaint/self advocacy letter which she respected enough to do the right thing and see if we couldn’t fix this.

Mark,

We are glad to hear that Terri was able to assist you with your concerns. We will share this review with her and her supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Toyota dealership said they couldn't do a recall by NHTSA because it was a handicapped van. Carrie ** contacted the dealership and explained how that was incorrect along with setting up the appointment. She's your #1 employee as far as I'm concerned. Thanks Carrie. Mark.

Mark,

Thank you for sending the nice review regarding Carrie. We are glad that she was able to assist you in getting the Toyota recall completed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I bought my Braunmobility converted Toyota Sienna new in 2009. Recently I discover that the undercarriage is so rusted out that a Braun dealer told me they wouldn’t raise it beyond 3-4 feet on a lift for fear the frame would collapse. I saw photos of the rust myself and was shocked at the significance of the damage. I subsequently took it to my mechanic and he told me the rust was so bad that that the van was dangerous to drive.

When expressing my overwhelming astonishment - and devastation (van’s costing $60,000 + with early rust issues!) on how a nearly 10-year old garaged van with only 48000 miles on it could be so rusted out they told me that they’d seen it happen to a lot of Braun vans, particularly to ones built in 2008-10 but that they’d seen undercarriage rust - though not to the extent found in my van - in vans built through 2017. Indeed, when I when to look at a used 2017 Toyota sienna on their lot, it had rust developing already on undercarriage and body near the ramp-side door.

I’m devastated by this news and the fact that the dealer could only give me $3,000 for my van saying it would cost them in excess of $20,000 to fix. These van are exceedingly expensive and sold to folks - like myself - who don’t have the financial means to buy ones costing over $60000-$70,000 for a new one or -unless you want a van with over 100,000 miles on it for $25,000 to $30,000. And what the incentive of buying used vans when their lifespan is so ridiculously short, no matter how they're cared for.

BraunAbility response

A representative will reach out to you in the next business day.

BraunAbility Company Information