2. Elder Care
  3. Wheelchair lifts
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

BraunAbility Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 4, 2020

United Access in Kansas City was fabulous to work with initially. Brett ** was nothing but professional and helpful. He went above and beyond and I'm sad that we couldn't find a vehicle to buy from there. Because of the online abilities, I was able to work with Calvin ** from Superior Van and Mobility and find a car that will work. They will deliver it to me from Omaha tomorrow. Superior Van was wonderful to work with as well. I also contacted Matt Steininger directly from Braunability for help determining the conversion type before buying. He was also extremely welcome. We currently own a 2007 Dodge with a Braunability conversion and have been extremely happy with the van for more than 11 years and 120,000+ miles. We were happy to continue our long term relationship with Braunability converted vehicles.

BraunAbility response

We are glad to hear that everyone was so helpful in your process of buying a new vehicle. I am also happy to hear that you are continuing your relationship with BraunAbility, and I hope this vehicle brings you just as much happiness as your last BraunAbility vehicle did!

Get expert buying tips about Wheelchair lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

My first Odyssey with a folding in-cabin ramp performed well from 2015 until 2020 and was performing perfectly when I traded it in for a 2020 Odyssey Ex-L (Navigation) with in-floor ramp and up-to-date safety features. The 2015 Odyssey's electronics and ramp performed reliably; the modification was beautifully executed, and the cabin looked perfect. As great as the fit and finish and interior work were on the 2015, they exceeded expectations on the 2020. The mobility features are easy to access; the ride is excellent (smooth and quiet) even though the floor has been dropped. Our dealer -- MobilityWorks in Gray, Maine, particularly Tammy Southerland, our sales representative and JC (John) WIlliams, general manager, also exceeded expectations in helping us to configure our vehicle to meet our specific needs.

BraunAbility response

Adrienne, I am glad that you had an excellent experience with the purchase of your BraunAbility vehicle. Our goal is to help make life a moving experience for our customers.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Phase 2 went out of their way to meet our needs and that supportive atmosphere is why I've rated them 5-Star. The only area for improvement, I would say, is the lack of some communications which left me wondering what was happening at times. Specifically, after intensively watching the mail box nearly two weeks for the insurance check to cover the conversion costs, I called my insurance rep and alerted her nothing had been paid. She told me she had paid Phase 2 a week earlier. Phase 2 did not tell me they had been paid until I asked them about it. Likewise, I was not advised Braunability Financial had paid Phase 2 until we were told we could pick up the vehicle and I asked if we would get a check to bring to them or if Phase 2 would be paid directly. Phase 2 still gets 5-stars as far as I am concerned. Even so, I'm simply suggesting that this area of communication could be improved.

BraunAbility response

Mel, thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you had a good overall experience, and I hope you continue to enjoy your BraunAbility vehicle.

Original review: May 21, 2019

This may not seem like much, but we bought this 1987 Chevy Beauville Van used, just a little bit before we lost my wife's van to repo (as we had lost our jobs, house etc.) and it was either live in the van, or lose it. We loved that van, and this van came as a Blessing (hence her name). There is a 1986 Braun Lift inside. We called about doing some "repair" to it, We had "we have a series one!!!!" response from the customer service on the other end. We've been told it's crazy that it's still working. The van is in need of repair, and the lift could use a tune up as well. (Being 33 years old, it's stilling kicking, but angrily.) We thought you'd be interested in seeing that they are still out there, and running "strong/stubbornly".

Jason,

Wow! We are so glad that your series one lift is still meeting your needs. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have had my van for 1 year now, it’s amazing to be able to go out to places that normally I would stay home. Having a safe accessible van has changed my life! The modifications suit my needs and the workmanship is good too. I would like to take a tour of the plant in Indianapolis someday, one of my bucket list things is to see an Indy 500 race. So when we travel we will do both places on the journey.

Pete,

Thank you for the nice review. We do offer tours. To schedule a tour please provide at least (2)two weeks notice and contact our customer service number

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: March 26, 2020

I bought a Honda Odyssey Braunability two days ago. When I got it home I found I was unable to strap my daughter into the center tie down area. The shoulder strap goes straight over her neck. There is no place in the center of the van to place her that the shoulder strap will not choke her. Customer service was no help, I was told to contact my dealer and Q'Straint about the issue and Q'Straint told me to contact Honda. The dealer had no idea how to help me. Customer service acted like I did not know how to strap the wheelchair in properly. I have a $68,000 van that at the moment I cannot use to transport my daughter.

BraunAbility response

We are researching your concern and an agent will reach out to you in the next business day.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 25, 2020

Have taken the van and lift into your dealership located at 6836 N Sam Houston Parkway Wesr, Houston, Tx 77064 4, yes 4 occasions for lift & van repairs. Repairs are not Done correctly as yet, 3-25-20, & I have had to make ANOTHER appointment for Tuesday, 3-31-20, at 10.00 AM!!! Why can I not get decent repairs done the first time? The account is in Patricia **’s name

BraunAbility response

A customer service agent will be sending you an email to gather more information.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Thank you very much for the two $50 American Express cards. It was certainly nice speaking with people who could understand my request. Your representative was easy to understand and I was understandable to her. Your public relations is much better than SiriusXM Radio. You are quite kind in solving my problem with SiriusXM Radio. Thank you very much.

BraunAbility response

James, Thank you for the lovely review! BraunAbility's Customer Expedience Group thrives on serving wonderful customers like yourself. Please know we are always here to help in anyway we can. Thank you for being a valued BraunAbility family member.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

The purchase experience was made very easy by Van Product Inc in Raleigh NC. Chad ** took the extra time to ensure all my needs were addressed and met during the purchase process. Chad is an excellent representative of not only Van Product Inc, but Braunability as well. I look forward to many year of enjoyment in my new vehicle.

John,

We are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience at the dealership. We wish you many years of enjoyment in your new BraunAbility vehicle!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

In October of 2019, we brought a used 2011 Toyota Sienna with your conversion ramp built in. No problems with it, I am still getting used to all the buttons that control the doors, etc. I know where to get help if needed. Thus you can take me off your E-mail list.

BraunAbility response

Hi Dennis! Thank you for your purchase of a BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vehicle last October. I am happy to hear that the vehicle is serving you well. As requested I have removed you from our email list.

BraunAbility Company Information