4.69/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

16 BraunAbility Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

HONDA Odyssey Adaptation. The only issue is the seat belt if you want to position the wheelchair in the second row. It’s not long enough to secure the passenger. Other than that issue, RKJ I am very happy with the conversion and would recommend your company without hesitation.

Get expert buying tips about Electric Wheelchairs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Although the repair took around two months (which became challenging), I was wholly satisfied with the support we received from BA (Dylan). Two problems I saw; in 2016, two authorized service businesses both failed to check further about the problem which turned out to be a recall item. When I have my other cars serviced at their respective dealers, this is automatically checked first thing. Then, I would have thought, it being a recall item, a protocol would have been in place to fix it. No one seemed to know exactly what to do and it took 1 1/2 months to find someone to fix it. That all being said, job well done and we're happy to have the van back.

BraunAbility response

David, It sounds like your situation was unique. We are sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved sooner. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I requested a little more Technical info on my Vangater II lifter that I purchase new some time ago. I frankly was not going to call because I thought it would only get very limited info. I was wrong and have to thank Braun for the customer service I was provided by a Mrs. Carrie ** and the two people that recommended me to call. I am planning to purchase my 3rd handicap van soon and Braun will be on my list.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for the great review Kenneth. We are glad that Carrie was able to assist you with the questions on your Vangater ll lift. We appreciate your loyalty! Feel free to contact the BraunAbility Customer Experience group if you have any questions on with your current lift or new vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Very good job on our Chrysler Pacifica. Love the infloor ramp. Much better than our foldout ramp in the three prior Braun vans we have owned. The foldout foot bench for the rear seat is great for passengers. Van is much quieter than our previous vans. No rattles.

David,

We appreciate the great review! We are so glad that you chose a BraunAbility vehicle again to meet your mobility needs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased my van thru FastServ Medical West Monroe, LA. Chris Mayfield. Chris and her staff are excellent dealer to do business with. I called and made and appointment to fix recall and it was completed with an hour and half. This dealer goes out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of to your satisfaction. I would give them six stars.

BraunAbility response

Billy, I agree Fast Serve is a great BraunAbility dealer. Glad that you are pleased with the service provided.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We have bought other vehicles but found BraunAbility to be the most reliable on the market. Our challenge is not with BraunAbility it is with the company we bought the Van from. In the future we will still buy a BraunAbility vehicle just from a different sales organization.

BraunAbility response

Daniel, We are glad that you found BraunAbility to be the most reliable. By working together, we can keep you and your loved ones happily and safely on the road for years to come.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The big surprise came at the credit union. The van is financed as a USED vehicle. After all is said and done I didn't get the dealer incentives and ended up paying above Blue Book value. I can overlook some of the rattles and vibrations, but I feel that there must be a way to come up with competitive pricing for the van.

BraunAbility response

We are sorry to hear that you didn't understand that you were purchasing a used vehicle. This is by no means reflective of our dealers or BraunAbility standards of customer service. Please feel free to contact our customer experience group (800) 488-0359 for any support on your new vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had 2 issues with my 2014 Toyota Siena Braun Ramp Van. The problems were under vehicle corrosion which I and Main Mobility agreed to be premature and a flaw design. Said vehicle has low mileage and I take exceptional care of it. The vehicle had a rust preventative treatment at time of new purchase. I reached out to Braun and spoke to Dylan ** whom made arrangements with Main Mobility in Clarence NY to Pay for repairs. Main Mobility did an excellent job and I am very happy that Braun did the right thing covering the cost of repairs. This is my second Toyota Braun Ramp Van.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for the review Thomas. I am glad that you were able to work with Dylan at BraunAbility and your dealer to get the concerns with your vehicle resolved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My overall experience at BraunAbility, was excellent. The whole staff, did their job to make me feel comfortable. Chris **. in Pensacola, Florida did an excellent job as my Salesman to train and sell me my disability van. I would recommend this company to any of my Friends and Family. My life has changed, and I can be independent again.

BraunAbility response

Deborah, I am glad that you had an excellent experience with the purchase of your BraunAbility vehicle. Our goal is to help make life a moving experience for our customers.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Brake warranty repair and redo - Work was done at the new Little Canada site, quickly, the easy lock which is no longer used (husband deceased and chair is mounted over easy lock) was silenced. Thanks. Next am clear light yellow puddle on garage floor at and behind driver side rear wheel. Called head Braun office. Ok to have van taken by lift truck to burnsville site for redo, and returned to me by eve. Thank you for covering the cost of the redo. No further leaks noted, also checked by local Chrysler dealer when 50,000 check up done, all looks good was the report.

BraunAbility response

Judith, We are certainly sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the repair performed. But we are glad that it was quickly resolved for you. Thank you for feedback.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Was friendly and helpful in helping me with several question I had involving both my old and new Sienna vans. Each question was address in a timely manner and addressed the issues. Would recommend them for conversions in the future. Very knowledgeable.

BraunAbility response

Wow Bruce! We are so blown away by your review. It made our day here at BraunAbility.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Excellent, rapid, personal service. Got me my adaptive vehicle to the hospital days before I was discharged. Grace and Paul are extraordinary from SV&M! Almost all paperwork was taken care of and the process was seamless, except for the handing over of the check :).

BraunAbility response

Alexander, Thank you for choosing BraunAbility. We hope you enjoy your new BraunAbility Toyota Sienna.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Due to my second shoulder surgery, my doctor told me I had to change the way I load myself and my chair. I have never been a "van guy" and have always just made do with two door, long doored cars, such as the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and the Ford Thuderbird. With the help of the Louisiana Rehabilitation Services, I was able to purchase the MXV and it has truly changed how much I go and where. Just last week, we had terrible storms come through our parish (county to y'all). With my MXV, I was able to go the scenes of a lot of the damage and even gave an interbiew from the vehicle. The only real complaint I have is the cup holders are not deep enough. Otherwise, this is a fantastic vehicle that I highly recommend!

Tommy, Sounds like the MXV is a perfect fit for you! Thank you

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Purchased 2006 FordF450 minibus with BraunAbility lift that will not function. I need it to work. Called in and Carrie was very helpful with options to get lift operating again. I received service manual and operating manual. Lift in good shape.

BraunAbility response

Dennis, Thank you for sharing such a positve experience.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Terri at BraunAbility is awesome! I requested an owner's manual for a used older "Crow" lift that my mother in law purchased a used conversion van. Mom needed my help but I am four hours away and couldn't even go look at it. Based on Mom's description, I knew it needed some basic maintenance but there weren't any manuals in the van so I went to the Braunability website and filled out the online help request. That was on a Sunday night. At 08:08 Monday morning I had an email from Terri offering help and needing some details like model and serial numbers. Fortunately I was able to get a photo of the Crow Manufacturer Plate. Then in less than 30 minutes, Terri answered all my questions AND sent all the manuals I needed. Thank you!

BraunAbility response

John, Thank you for your lovely note. BraunAbility strives to provide world class customer service. We will make sure Terri see's your review.

BraunAbility Company Information