4.35/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

BraunAbility Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Phase 2 went out of their way to meet our needs and that supportive atmosphere is why I've rated them 5-Star. The only area for improvement, I would say, is the lack of some communications which left me wondering what was happening at times. Specifically, after intensively watching the mail box nearly two weeks for the insurance check to cover the conversion costs, I called my insurance rep and alerted her nothing had been paid. She told me she had paid Phase 2 a week earlier. Phase 2 did not tell me they had been paid until I asked them about it. Likewise, I was not advised Braunability Financial had paid Phase 2 until we were told we could pick up the vehicle and I asked if we would get a check to bring to them or if Phase 2 would be paid directly. Phase 2 still gets 5-stars as far as I am concerned. Even so, I'm simply suggesting that this area of communication could be improved.

BraunAbility response

Mel, thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see that you had a good overall experience, and I hope you continue to enjoy your BraunAbility vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Wheelchair lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

This may not seem like much, but we bought this 1987 Chevy Beauville Van used, just a little bit before we lost my wife's van to repo (as we had lost our jobs, house etc.) and it was either live in the van, or lose it. We loved that van, and this van came as a Blessing (hence her name). There is a 1986 Braun Lift inside. We called about doing some "repair" to it, We had "we have a series one!!!!" response from the customer service on the other end. We've been told it's crazy that it's still working. The van is in need of repair, and the lift could use a tune up as well. (Being 33 years old, it's stilling kicking, but angrily.) We thought you'd be interested in seeing that they are still out there, and running "strong/stubbornly".

Jason,

Wow! We are so glad that your series one lift is still meeting your needs. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Terrific purchase. Shopped in Evansville, and had questions. So I called BraunAbility's line a few times and talked to Matthew ** who was great and answered all my questions about warranties, how the rear entry ramps worked, the specifications of the ramps, etc. Flew to New Orleans to pick up; Terry was great as was the office manager Kirsty who made sure all the paperwork was in order. Mitch was also helpful. Also talked to Tim (Evansville store manager) who also was very helpful and answered my questions. And had previously been introduced to the various options by Candy. It was worth the trip and drive back. Now we are able to get my dad out of the house again, even though he's wheelchair bound. Thanks.

Gregory,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you can take your Dad along with you now! BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. Glad you had a great shopping experience with your mobility dealer. We will make sure Matthew see’s your review.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Although I am very pleased with my new van, and am looking forward to programming and using all the new bells and whistles on my new van. But I very much wish that instead of lowering the floor 14 inches, I wish that it had only been lowered 12 inches. To exit the underground parking where I live I must go up a short steep ramp, the underside of my van screeches terribly and many times when I very slowly and carefully go over speed bumps, I can hear the awful scraping of my exhaust and tail pipe. If my van had only been lowered only 12 inches the only inconvenience I would have experienced would be that I would have had to duck my head going into and out of my van. At the present time I am awaiting a phone call from Alliance Mobility Solutions of Richmond, B. C. to take may van in so they can put the van up in the air and view the amount of damage that has been done to the exhaust and tail pipe.

BraunAbility response

Brian, Thank you for your review. . BraunAbility has manufactured lowered floor minivans for over 25 years. Over these years of experience, we have landed on a balance between ground clearance and ramp angle to meet the needs of most of our customers. You see, if we were to raise the vehicle any higher we would subsequently create a higher ramp angle, which would create obstacles for our customers in manual wheelchairs. We could lengthen our ramp to lessen the angle, but that would create parking issues. As you can see one adjustment to our conversion design impacts others. Raising the vehicle after our conversion is installed could also affect the ride and handling.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Right before Christmas, when financials are tough, Dylan took the time to understand my issues and he rectified the situation in less than one hour. He was a saving grace that day and I hope he is properly rewarded for his actions. He did not have to help, but chose to instead. As someone who works in business development/sales, I thought Dylan did a great job by reacting quick and confidently in helping out a loyal BraunAbility consumer. I'd love to see this get moved up the totem pole for Dylan's benefit. Too often employees lose the personal touch and only focus on the needs of the business. Dylan truly "gets it." Tip your cap, Dylan!

Eric,

We are glad that Dylan was able to assist you with your concern. BraunAbility is built on putting the customer first. We will make sure Dylan see's your review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I strongly recommend NOT buying a BraunAbility van! Before you even consider it please read my story: We purchased a 2010 Honda Odyssey with a Braunability conversion. It has been a slowly evolving nightmare from the beginning. First off the lowered chassis that Braun has developed is a horror to handle on the road and consistently scrapes against speed bumps and irregular road surfaces. Worse The installation was not properly done from the beginning so we have had nothing but problems over the last 9 years that went from bad to worse to a nightmare and Braun would not cooperate in any way to correct the improper installment by their company.

We took our van back to the dealer about a month after we bought it and were told that the electrical installation (Braunability) was the strangest they'd ever seen, but somehow they managed to 'reset' the computer and it worked again. That was short-lived and we consistently had problems with the operation of the lift throughout our 9 years of ownership. The worst happened 2 years ago when the lift ceased to operate at all and slowly the electrical system of the car began to be affected. What the dealer found 5 thousand dollars later was that there had been a leak of rain & snow water into the 'rocker' area where the conversion electrical system hooked into the Honda electrical system.

Apparently Braunability had not properly sealed off the area and the constant water leaks caused the electrical system to rot out. We had to have the whole system redone at a cost of 5 thousand dollars. The car had to be completely taken apart and rewired. In the interim, the lift stopped working again 4 months after all of these repairs because the lift shifted and the dealer Bussani in Bethpage NY claim someone must have run over the lift because the lift has shifted and all the mechanics have been pulled out! There have been no accidents or any other incidents that would have caused this to happen unless when the van was reassembled the techs didn't install the unit properly and over time this problem evolved. I am deeply disappointed in the lack of support we got from Braunability on this matter. They were informed that the original conversion was a disaster but chose to not honor their reputation and do the right thing.

BraunAbility response

A case manager will reach out to you within the next two business days to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Ordered my 2019 Pacifica Touring L Entervan XT in May and waited patiently for it to be delivered in July. Ordering required a bit blind faith as the dealership didn't have any Pacifica Entervans in stock. On delivery, I was pleased with the way that the conversion looked. This is the first of three Entervans that I've purchased that actually looked like it was put together with a bit of care, some consideration to rustproofing definitely seems to have been given on this van.

The fit and finish are good, though they could be a little bit better. Some sharp corners on trim panels and doors that could be aligned a lot better. The operation of the ramp and kneeling suspension is smooth and much quieter than past models. So far, there have been no issues with the door hitting the ramp as my previous two vehicles had. Nondimming ramp switches are very bright when driving at night. Such a shame that they weren't incorporated into the factory lighting so that they dim with the instrument panel.

The biggest issue is the fact that the floor has been lowered so much that the exhaust hangs only 3 1/2 inches above the ground, making it prone to scraping on every speed bump, speed calming hump and oddly angled driveway I encounter. I am fairly certain that this will have a long term effect on the life of the exhaust system and whatever other parts continually make contact with the ground. Seems like a bit of poorly engineered planning went into this vehicle. An inch less of head room entering the van would certainly be worth the added ground clearance. Some of us actually drive in some severe winter conditions and I dread the thought of how this low clearance may cause the van to get bogged down in a moderate snowfall.

The rear seats are reconfigured in such a way that they no longer fold to be out of the way (only the backs fold down). This sharply limits the amount of cargo that one can have. There is no detail on where the conversion controller is located. Unless it is totally different than previous models, there are fuses on this controller. If a fuse blows, I'd like to be able to find it to replace it without needing a tow truck. The vehicle sits oddly high in the wheel wells, making it look like it had some whacked out lift kit put on it.

The Pacifica itself is a dream to drive, the electronic steering makes curvy roads the most comfortable to handle that I've experienced in my 18 years of driving a modified vehicle. Integration of the driver information display to include "Ramp deploying" and "Ramp stowing" is also useful. The overall ride is quiet and comfortable. The Pacifica is everything that Chrysler says it is...and then some. The BraunAbility conversion is lacking in detail and really needs to be reworked into something that real world conditions can put up with. Ground clearance is a big deal.

On a side note, The Canadian dealerships also seem to be lacking in knowledge, demo products and just don't seem overly enthusiastic about anything that involves time and research on their part. The Braunability dealer I was directed to by Braunability was unable to install hand controls or a six way transfer seat. My vehicle had to be sent elsewhere for these installations and that transferred to additional time and money being spent. Any warranty service or maintenance for these items also has to go back to that place too, making the entire process very inconvenient. Not the kind of service that previous Braunabilty dealers provided.

Mr. Warner,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that a representative has reached out and offered a raise kit for your vehicle. Please let us know if we can assist further.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

A&J Mobility helped us out greatly. The can is beautiful and my daughter loves it. The setup of the in-floor model works great for our family. We can wait to go on a family trip. Thanks Again Braun and A&J.

BraunAbility response

Marc, we are glad to hear you had a great experience! We are happy to hear your daughter loves it, and we hope your family enjoys many family trips in your new BraunAbility vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We are very happy with the purchase of our new van. The process was smooth and extremely efficient. We were able to test out the options to see what model was the best fit for our son. Any questions we had were promptly answered. We are grateful that the process was such a positive experience. Thank you!

BraunAbility response

Linda, we are happy to hear that you had a great experience while choosing your new BraunAbility vehicle. We hope that your family continues to enjoy it!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The salespeople were very nice and explained the accessories and other features of the van. I took a test ride and he explained how to secure the wheelchair to the van. He explained the electronics and other features of the van.

Ernest,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that the salesperson was able to assist you and explain the features to you.

BraunAbility Company Information