4.4/5 (144 ratings)

About BraunAbility

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: March 11, 2022

My BraunAbility 2021 Toyota had multiple pieces of interior trim misaligned. Very sloppy fit and finish, contrary to Braunability’s quality marketing claims. To their credit, these pieces were replaced and properly re-installed. The passenger side Braunability lower door extension did not meet up with the weatherstripping, leaving a hole to the outside, with resultant road noise. Braun screwed a small piece of metal to their door extension to close up the hole. There is something wrong with the engineering design of the door opening/door extension that caused this problem, the screwed on piece of metal fixes the problem by patching it up. I guess this is the result of their “55,000 engineering design hours” that they advertise.

Braunability also kindly replaced the weatherstripping which was poorly installed. So they have made a reasonable effort at correction, but buyer beware of the poor quality of their work. Now I have noticed that some of their lowered floor steel has already begun to show surface rust after 3 months of use. Appears the paint has been poorly/thinly applied. So that will be the next issue I have to deal with. I get considerable road noise through the sliding doors doors, especially on the passenger side. It is not horrible, but disappointing considering Braunability claims of “quiet drive” and “improved” Toyota door seal. Overall, not a confidence inspiring experience with my new Toyota conversion.

Steven,

We are truly sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your BraunAbility Toyota. We understand that your vehicle was not delivered to you with the quality you expect from BraunAbility. This is why we brought your vehicle back to the factory and did everything possible to resolve your concerns. We will continue to do our best to provide the best quality product that we can and hope that you are satisfied with the work performed on your vehicle. We do value you as a customer and want for you to be happy with your BraunAbility vehicle.

Sincerely,

The BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Get buying tips about Wheelchair lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

More flexibility in interior color options. Need to have an option for a small console for drinks. Current drink holders severely impact access & transfers. I hope to have a console designed in the near future and will send you photos when that happens.

BraunAbility response

Robert, we appreciate your feedback and find it very valuable! We would be happy to have your photos reviewed if you care to share them!

Original review: May 6, 2021

When we received the car the seats were used and old dirty. I paid $4,485 for used seats and This is some of the crappest work I have ever seen. BAD WORK, unstained, Money throw up a HOGs **! Bill **.

Mr. William,

We are sorry to hear of your seat concerns with your recently purchased used vehicle. We can see that you spoke to a BraunAbility Case Manager yesterday. Since the conversation yesterday, we’ve been able to confirm with the selling dealer that the transfer seats on your used 2016 Dodge, are in fact the correct transfer seats. They explained that there was a delivery inspection performed prior to your purchase on 4/29 and that you seemed satisfied and signed the document at that time. Has something changed since then?

Your satisfaction is very important to both BraunAbility and our dealer network. After speaking about your situation to our selling dealer, they said they’d be happy to schedule further training for you with the transfer seats and provide a detail on the vehicle if you’re not satisfied with the cleanliness of the interior. We will be happy to discuss this further and help in any way that we can. I believe you’ll be hearing from your selling dealer today so they can help get all of your concerns resolved.

BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Original review: March 17, 2021

This is my story. February 15, 2019 I got a infection called cellulitis. By March 28, 2019 the infection took my left leg. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks then off to rehab first week of April 2019. Healing and rehab learning how to walk again. June 21, 2019 I'm going home doing my rehab in Columbus Mt. 14 miles away things are going good. 4 months later I get the infection back. January 2, 2020 back in the hospital another surgery. 6 days in the hospital. 6 more weeks of rehab and antibiotic. Going home February 13, 2020.

Now my right knee is a problem. Need a replacement. Doctors really don't want to touch me because of my infection that I had I'm a risk. I found a doctor that will do it. It's going to take some time. Things that I have to do anyway about my able to drive again. I was locked down in my apartment for 1 year and 6 months because of covid and needing knee replacement I went on Youtube. Found Braun Ability. They transformed my 2005 Tahoe so I could drive again. I can't say enough about them. They are part of my family now. WILLARDS garage installed the Braun ability equipment. They did a great work. To the day I have been driving for 12 days. This is March 17, 2021. Going to for appointment. Do you what to know why? Because I can have a nice day. Thanks again.

BraunAbility response

Thank you, Mr. Michael, for sharing your story and for the very kind review. We are extremely happy to hear our product has helped you regain your independence!

Original review: March 11, 2021

While we have had a pretty good experience with dealing with Braun as a company, we have had a horrendous experience with their product. We bought a 2010 Braun Honda Entervan in 2013 with 11k miles. It was our first side entry lowered floor minivan and it unfortunately will most certainly be our last. Here is a list of some of the major issues:

1. Within a month or so of buying it, the main ramp motor died.. Thankfully a warranty replacement but still, a $2k item that went on a van with not even 12k miles on it.
    2. Center door roller failure - 15 k miles - worn out after 15k miles!
    3. The ramp side sliding door jammed and fell off the van causing extensive paint damage. $3-4k cost to us to repair between body & paint work, a new door motor, various replacement sensors & labor. Van was out of commission 2 months! Oh yeah, the cost of a vehicle to drive while the Honda was out.
    4. A year or so ago due to water in the sub-floor, the main braun wiring harness had to be replaced and the entire floor of the van had to come apart. The mobility power door operator went bad due to the wiring. The main ramp motor again went bad. We negotiated with Braun on this one and in the end they thankfully wound up covering the cost. I think the estimated cost was 4k + between parts and labor (we never saw the end cost of the bill).

5. The current issue - the door track supports on both doors completely rotted out. Getting an estimate for new pans on both the driver and passenger side. The doors are unusable as they are (I had to rig up something just to get them to close). Probably looking at least at 1-2k or more.

In a northeast climate these vans will only last 10 years at the most. As much as I hate leasing and car payments (we don't do loans / debt) if I had to I would seriously consider leasing one as they are not really designed to be bought and held onto for a decade or two. They are plagued by repair issue after issue and they ultimately fall apart into a pile of rust. I would have never sprung for the better Honda drivetrain had I known the conversion was going to crumble away and that it was going to be so unreliable.

Braun as a company has been ok to work with. They were gracious enough to handle our last round of major issues. The concept is a great one. But to buy one of these knowing what I know now? No way. I would gladly pay more for a better engineered car that is designed to last. Let's face it, these vans are huge investments. It's not something most people just go and buy a new one every 5 years. For those of us that maintain our vehicles well in expectation that they'll last 15-20 years.. I'd gladly pay more for better materials (stainless steel, etc) if that will help the van last much longer and be a more reliable vehicle.

Our other Honda we own now is a 19 year old Honda Odyssey with 165k miles.. It has some typical old age issues but nothing remotely like what we are going through with our 2010 Braun Honda with only 53k miles on it. I'm really tired of dealing with this vehicle. I hope it can last another 5 or so years but I don't have any faith in this van. The only person who is more disappointed than me is my wife who needs the van due to her disability who can't drive it because of all its problems and no longer trusts it. What will we get next in perhaps 5-10 years? Some sort of sprinter / econoline / full-size van with no body modifications and a bolt-in lift. Sorry Braun, I wanted to give a better review.. But for those of us that watch our pennies and want a reliable mobility vehicle that will last - this is not a good product to buy.

Mr. James,

We sincerely regret to hear about your experience. We can see from our case history that our team has worked with your wife previously and has made warranty exceptions to help with repairs due to the experience that you’ve encountered with your 2010 BraunAbility Honda. As you know, the weather conditions in the northeast can be extremely harsh, but I can assure you that BraunAbility is constantly making improvements to our products. We’re certain that if you asked around, you’d find that your case is the definite exception and that is why we’ve worked with your family in the past to try to make things right and help with repairs even though the vehicle was out of warranty.

Our team will be happy to investigate your current situation further if you’d like. If you’d like for us to work with a BraunAbility dealer to have your current concerns evaluated, please let us know. We’ll start a case and reach out to you directly. It’s important to us that our customers have the best possible experience and we do appreciate your feedback.

The BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Great customer service, fast response, kept in touch the whole time van was being worked on. Clean facility, went over everything in the van, and we had to demonstrate what we learned before we left which was great. Will recommend to other special needs families.

BraunAbility response

Timothy, we are happy to hear about your purchasing experience and appreciate the kind review! Our Customer Experience Group, as well as, your mobility dealer will be available to assist you throughout your years of ownership. We appreciate you choosing BraunAbility for your mobility needs!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Purchased a wheelchair van, have tried to buy an extended warranty for the last 3 months & all I get is the runaround. They say they will call me Bach & never do. I've talked to sales, sup & manager.

Mr. Ronald,

We are truly sorry that we weren’t able to help you with an extended warranty. As discussed, our dealer did try to find you one, but due to the age of your vehicle, we do not have an extended service contract available. Our extended service contract providers only provide offerings for vehicles under 10 years old.

We wish that there was more that we could do for you and do value you as a BraunAbility customer.

The BraunAbility Customer Experience Group

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Great experience, very professional and helpful. Very fast and experienced sales and service reps. We will continue to use your services as long as we have your equipment in our fleet. also very cost effective...Thanks for your help,

Mike

BraunAbility response

Thank you, Mike! We try really hard to provide a great experience for each of our customers! We look forward to assisting you again!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Had excellent contact with national company as well as local agency. Extremely attentive to my personal circumstances as I evaluated my options concerning vehicles. The local people were personable and patient as we completed the transaction and prepared the vehicle for me. This is my second transaction with your local agency. Each was of a more significant nature -- and was more satisfying. Thank you!

BraunAbility response

Rusty, we are very happy to hear that both of your experiences with our national and local levels of the company met all of your purchasing needs! We very much appreciate the kind rating and feedback!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have never been more pleased with the service I received from Carrie **. She called me back within an hour of me leaving a message. She said she would open a case, review my email and render a decision. She did that in less than 24 hours. And I believe the decision was correct. Carrie was amazing! ALL customer-facing reps should be like her!

BraunAbility response

Rhonda, we are extremely happy our representative exceeded your expectations and you were happy with the decision that was made!

BraunAbility Company Information