4.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

BraunAbility Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 21, 2019

This may not seem like much, but we bought this 1987 Chevy Beauville Van used, just a little bit before we lost my wife's van to repo (as we had lost our jobs, house etc.) and it was either live in the van, or lose it. We loved that van, and this van came as a Blessing (hence her name). There is a 1986 Braun Lift inside. We called about doing some "repair" to it, We had "we have a series one!!!!" response from the customer service on the other end. We've been told it's crazy that it's still working. The van is in need of repair, and the lift could use a tune up as well. (Being 33 years old, it's stilling kicking, but angrily.) We thought you'd be interested in seeing that they are still out there, and running "strong/stubbornly".

Jason,

Wow! We are so glad that your series one lift is still meeting your needs. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Get expert buying tips about Wheelchair lifts delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Terrific purchase. Shopped in Evansville, and had questions. So I called BraunAbility's line a few times and talked to Matthew ** who was great and answered all my questions about warranties, how the rear entry ramps worked, the specifications of the ramps, etc. Flew to New Orleans to pick up; Terry was great as was the office manager Kirsty who made sure all the paperwork was in order. Mitch was also helpful. Also talked to Tim (Evansville store manager) who also was very helpful and answered my questions. And had previously been introduced to the various options by Candy. It was worth the trip and drive back. Now we are able to get my dad out of the house again, even though he's wheelchair bound. Thanks.

Gregory,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you can take your Dad along with you now! BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. Glad you had a great shopping experience with your mobility dealer. We will make sure Matthew see’s your review.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had United Access, Portland ORegon install a BraunAbility Turny EVO handicap seat with simulated leather & heated seat options installed. This was installed in my new 2018 Ford 4X4 F-150 CreCab truck. I was worried that the 4X4 would be too high but acceptable for wheel chair transfers on my handicap wife. To my surprise, the seat lowers to an easy transfer height even in a 4X4 truck application.

For those needing an all weather handicap vehicle such as me in the Pacific NW, I would not hesitate to install in this application. Jemal, Rory & the United Access Team were fantastic. Very professional and obviously know what they are doing. We installed the arm rests a week later. I determined they are needed, slight run console to left rest (passenger side installation of seat). Perfect for my wife & my needs!

Curtis,

We are glad to hear that you had such a great purchasing experience. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Although I am very pleased with my new van, and am looking forward to programming and using all the new bells and whistles on my new van. But I very much wish that instead of lowering the floor 14 inches, I wish that it had only been lowered 12 inches. To exit the underground parking where I live I must go up a short steep ramp, the underside of my van screeches terribly and many times when I very slowly and carefully go over speed bumps, I can hear the awful scraping of my exhaust and tail pipe. If my van had only been lowered only 12 inches the only inconvenience I would have experienced would be that I would have had to duck my head going into and out of my van. At the present time I am awaiting a phone call from Alliance Mobility Solutions of Richmond, B. C. to take may van in so they can put the van up in the air and view the amount of damage that has been done to the exhaust and tail pipe.

BraunAbility response

Brian, Thank you for your review. . BraunAbility has manufactured lowered floor minivans for over 25 years. Over these years of experience, we have landed on a balance between ground clearance and ramp angle to meet the needs of most of our customers. You see, if we were to raise the vehicle any higher we would subsequently create a higher ramp angle, which would create obstacles for our customers in manual wheelchairs. We could lengthen our ramp to lessen the angle, but that would create parking issues. As you can see one adjustment to our conversion design impacts others. Raising the vehicle after our conversion is installed could also affect the ride and handling.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Right before Christmas, when financials are tough, Dylan took the time to understand my issues and he rectified the situation in less than one hour. He was a saving grace that day and I hope he is properly rewarded for his actions. He did not have to help, but chose to instead. As someone who works in business development/sales, I thought Dylan did a great job by reacting quick and confidently in helping out a loyal BraunAbility consumer. I'd love to see this get moved up the totem pole for Dylan's benefit. Too often employees lose the personal touch and only focus on the needs of the business. Dylan truly "gets it." Tip your cap, Dylan!

Eric,

We are glad that Dylan was able to assist you with your concern. BraunAbility is built on putting the customer first. We will make sure Dylan see's your review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The salespeople were very nice and explained the accessories and other features of the van. I took a test ride and he explained how to secure the wheelchair to the van. He explained the electronics and other features of the van.

Ernest,

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that the salesperson was able to assist you and explain the features to you.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I’ve had my Braun lift for about 4-5 months. I already had to take it in because it broke on one side. To make things worse United Access the place I’m suppose to get it fixed is shorthanded at both the Lenexa and KCMO location. So I couldn’t get it in right away. This not only cost me tons of money. Due to the fact I can’t do wheelchair runs it also costs me accounts. I bought new so I wouldn’t have this problem. I honestly should get comped the money and time I’ve lost for this lift.

Mr. Flenoy,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. A case manager will contact you within the next 24 hours to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Loved my salesperson, very knowledgeable and answered all question immediately. Owned a VMI previously and wanted to see if Braun was better. Time will tell. It's only been a week since purchasing new van

Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. Glad you had a great shopping experience with your mobility dealer.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

John was knowledgeable and delivered our vehicle. It came quickly and our grandson is very happy with his new van. Test driving was also very easy. He had many on the lot to test drive, applying for a loan was fast and we had many options offered to us.

BraunAbility response

Melissa, I am glad that you had an excellent experience with the purchase of your BraunAbility vehicle. Our goal is to help make life a moving experience for our customers.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I bought my van in December from BraunAbility and finally got it April 26th only for the Sirius trial to run out June 20th. I called Sirius and Total Mobility about issue and got nothing but BraunAbility CEG solved the issue in 5 minutes by giving credit to renew my subscription.

Brad,

We are glad that an agent from BraunAbility Customer Experience Group was able to listen to your concern and come up with a solution. We strive to take care of our customers.

BraunAbility Company Information