2. Elder Care
  3. Wheelchair lifts
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.01/5

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

BraunAbility Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

In October of 2019, we brought a used 2011 Toyota Sienna with your conversion ramp built in. No problems with it, I am still getting used to all the buttons that control the doors, etc. I know where to get help if needed. Thus you can take me off your E-mail list.

BraunAbility response

Hi Dennis! Thank you for your purchase of a BraunAbility wheelchair accessible vehicle last October. I am happy to hear that the vehicle is serving you well. As requested I have removed you from our email list.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

We have only had the car a few weeks. It meets all our expectations. We needed to replace a vehicle that was totaled and decided to get a wheelchair friendly vehicle. We spent many weeks researching the best choice and decided on a side load vehicle. Bobby ** of Koons Mobility Center in Annapolis, MD gave us additional information and had the vehicle in stock. We are happy with the purchase.

Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. Glad you had a great shopping experience with your mobility dealer. Enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Had a great experience with Mobility Works in Greenville South Carolina. They were friendly, helpful, made sure I was able to get back and forth to their showroom, offered to send a car to pick me up, contacted me all hours of the day just to make sure I was happy. This is the kind of people I like to work with. Thank-you MobilityWorks.

Gary,

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

My purchase experience has been very good. My van is still being adapted for steering and lock downs for my wheelchair so I can’t comment yet on the vehicle. I expect it to be fine since, while my current van is not from Braun, my first Braun adapted vehicle was a full size van with a lift which I had to come to Winimac Indiana for a fitting in 1978.

Saul,

Thank you for being a loyal BraunAbility customer! We hope you enjoy your new van once the aftermarket equipment is complete.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Bought a brand new Chrysler Pacifica from a local dealer in December 2018. It has less than 8,000 miles and has been in the shop 6 times for electrical issues that are a safety hazard and still is not fixed and able to driven. Requesting another vehicle through Dealer but wanted to warn other potential new buyers of issues. The dealership is saying everything is fixed and working but when I inspect it there are still malfunctions. When you spend this kind of money on a modified car you want it to work when needed and our has not worked when needed.

BraunAbility response

A case manager will reach out to you in the next business day. Thank you.

Mr. Daprile, I believe we have come to an resolution to this situation. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

My 2014 Toyota Sienna needed four or five hinge replacements and it was costing me time and money. I sent Terry see a complaint/self advocacy letter which she respected enough to do the right thing and see if we couldn’t fix this.

Mark,

We are glad to hear that Terri was able to assist you with your concerns. We will share this review with her and her supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Toyota dealership said they couldn't do a recall by NHTSA because it was a handicapped van. Carrie ** contacted the dealership and explained how that was incorrect along with setting up the appointment. She's your #1 employee as far as I'm concerned. Thanks Carrie. Mark.

Mark,

Thank you for sending the nice review regarding Carrie. We are glad that she was able to assist you in getting the Toyota recall completed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I bought my Braunmobility converted Toyota Sienna new in 2009. Recently I discover that the undercarriage is so rusted out that a Braun dealer told me they wouldn’t raise it beyond 3-4 feet on a lift for fear the frame would collapse. I saw photos of the rust myself and was shocked at the significance of the damage. I subsequently took it to my mechanic and he told me the rust was so bad that that the van was dangerous to drive.

When expressing my overwhelming astonishment - and devastation (van’s costing $60,000 + with early rust issues!) on how a nearly 10-year old garaged van with only 48000 miles on it could be so rusted out they told me that they’d seen it happen to a lot of Braun vans, particularly to ones built in 2008-10 but that they’d seen undercarriage rust - though not to the extent found in my van - in vans built through 2017. Indeed, when I when to look at a used 2017 Toyota sienna on their lot, it had rust developing already on undercarriage and body near the ramp-side door.

I’m devastated by this news and the fact that the dealer could only give me $3,000 for my van saying it would cost them in excess of $20,000 to fix. These van are exceedingly expensive and sold to folks - like myself - who don’t have the financial means to buy ones costing over $60000-$70,000 for a new one or -unless you want a van with over 100,000 miles on it for $25,000 to $30,000. And what the incentive of buying used vans when their lifespan is so ridiculously short, no matter how they're cared for.

BraunAbility response

12/16/19 A representative will reach out to you in the next business day.

4/23/2020 Mr. Obergell, I am glad that we were able to come to a agreement to resolve this concern. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Braun has great vehicles and customer support. That said, I was just scammed out of hundreds of dollars for a carpet installation. It’s my fault because I trusted them to give me a quote over the phone instead of a hard copy. I wound up paying $1500 for two small sections of carpet on the floor. A quote of $1200 was for ALL OF THE CARPET, FRONT TO BACK. When I took the van in, the technician said I just needed the floor area replaced. I told the CSR that instead of ALL OF THE CARPET, they would only be replacing the forward floor section and to adjust the cost accordingly. THEY AGREED and once again, I trusted them (my fault). Suffice it to say, I had to pay for it all.

BraunAbility response

A case manager will reach out to you in the next business day to talk to you.

Mr. Conyea, A case manager tried reaching out to you several times to gather more information. We have been unable to reach you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I strongly recommend NOT buying a BraunAbility van! Before you even consider it please read my story: We purchased a 2010 Honda Odyssey with a Braunability conversion. It has been a slowly evolving nightmare from the beginning. First off the lowered chassis that Braun has developed is a horror to handle on the road and consistently scrapes against speed bumps and irregular road surfaces. Worse The installation was not properly done from the beginning so we have had nothing but problems over the last 9 years that went from bad to worse to a nightmare and Braun would not cooperate in any way to correct the improper installment by their company.

We took our van back to the dealer about a month after we bought it and were told that the electrical installation (Braunability) was the strangest they'd ever seen, but somehow they managed to 'reset' the computer and it worked again. That was short-lived and we consistently had problems with the operation of the lift throughout our 9 years of ownership. The worst happened 2 years ago when the lift ceased to operate at all and slowly the electrical system of the car began to be affected. What the dealer found 5 thousand dollars later was that there had been a leak of rain & snow water into the 'rocker' area where the conversion electrical system hooked into the Honda electrical system.

Apparently Braunability had not properly sealed off the area and the constant water leaks caused the electrical system to rot out. We had to have the whole system redone at a cost of 5 thousand dollars. The car had to be completely taken apart and rewired. In the interim, the lift stopped working again 4 months after all of these repairs because the lift shifted and the dealer Bussani in Bethpage NY claim someone must have run over the lift because the lift has shifted and all the mechanics have been pulled out! There have been no accidents or any other incidents that would have caused this to happen unless when the van was reassembled the techs didn't install the unit properly and over time this problem evolved. I am deeply disappointed in the lack of support we got from Braunability on this matter. They were informed that the original conversion was a disaster but chose to not honor their reputation and do the right thing.

BraunAbility response

A case manager will reach out to you within the next two business days to discuss your concerns.

BraunAbility Company Information