4.46/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

59 BraunAbility Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Dealership VERY helpful and accommodating. Challenge to find design flaw in ramp that prevents one from sitting over where ramp is stowed. Now fully repaired. Ramp emerges as per normal regardless of where I'm sitting, waiting to exit. Excellent repair. I'm a happy camper.

BraunAbility response

Gregory, BraunAbility strives to be #1 company in the Mobility field. I’m glad we were able to resolve your concern. Enjoy your vehicle!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I'm in my fifth BA conversion van. They have enabled my life, and I have enjoyed them (all Toyota Sienna Limiteds). Two things I feel could be improved are less interior noise, and more clearance underneath. Maybe air shocks all the way around could give some extra clearance as bottoming out is not infrequent.

Barry,

Thank you for continuing to choose BraunAbility to meet your mobility needs. Thank you for your feedback. BraunAbility regularly makes improvements to our products as a result of the valuable feedback we receive from our customers.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

First, let me start by saying that this review would have been a 5-star review for one exception. The rear Spoiler on the Honda Odyssey did not come painted from Braun. Van Product had to take the vehicle for painting before I accepted the Vehicle, Other than that my Honda is remarkable and I recommend BraunAbility over any other manufacturer. Thank you.

Taylor,

Thank you for your review. I am certainly sorry to hear that your rear spoiler did not come painted, but glad to hear that Van Products fixed it. We can see that you have purchased several BraunAbility vehicles and we do appreciate your loyalty and honest feedback. If there is anything else we can do for you feel free to reach out to the Customer Experience Group.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We are very pleased with the customer service provided by Mobility Works of Bunnell. It was a pleasure working with them. We definitely love our new Chrysler Pacifica and the adaptions completed by BraunAbility. We hope to be able to continue doing business with both.

Randy,

We are glad that you are pleased with your Chrysler Pacifica. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of BraunAbility and Mobility Works.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited on January 14, 2019 with a Braun Entervan RT conversion from A & J Mobility in DePere, WI. VIN: **. Just two days after purchase I had a problem. I went to the grocery store; all was fine on the way. When leaving the grocery store I noticed the engine RPM was increasing up to about 4000 and I was only able to accelerate maybe up to 5 MPH. I tried shutting the engine off and restarting but that did not help. I tried shutting the engine off about 6 times on the way to the Chrysler dealership which luckily was only a few miles from the grocery store. Unfortunately, the service technicians were gone for the day, but the service manager looked under the hood to see if he could see anything that may be causing this problem. Nothing was evident.

After about a half hour of talking with the service manager I tried starting the engine again. After talking about fifteen minutes, the engine RPM’s were not increasing and I was able to get my Pacifica home without any problems. The next day I called A & J Mobility about the problem. They asked me to bring the Pacifica to their shop and would check the problem out. I was a bit hesitant to drive 30 miles to A & J Mobility but I took the chance and did not have any problems. The technician could not find anything wrong, but told me there were 14 codes in the computer and he was concerned about that. He asked me to take it to a Chrysler dealership to have them look at the code problem.

I took it to Bergstrom Chrysler dealership in Kaukauna, WI 920-766-6500, as requested. The dealership was very concerned about the number of codes which had increased to 24 codes and said I should take it back to A & J Mobility, stating he thought the codes were a problem from the conversion. I left the dealership and went right to A & J Mobility. I showed the technician the code sheet. He installed their code equipment and feels it may be a Chrysler problem.

I have a 4 hour appointment on February 4, 2019 at 12:30pm with A & J Mobility. I was hoping I could get an appointment sooner but with the scheduled 4 hours, that was the earliest I could get in. The technician stated that at that appointment they would be in communication over the phone with a technician from Braun. I hope at that appointment on February 4, 2019 at 12:30 A&J Mobility will have communication with the most knowledgeable technician Braun has to solve this code problem promptly. I am concerned with driving my new Pacifica with the Braun conversion since these problems have not been taken care of at this point. Enclosed are 2 pictures of the code sheet I had the Chrysler dealer print out for me. Thank you for your time with this problem!

Scott,

BraunAbility would like to speak to you regarding the issues with your Chrysler Pacifica. We did attempt to reach out to you through a private message on 1/28/2019. Please feel free to call our Customer Experience Group to discuss your concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Sara ** is wonderful. I have bought several vans and she is always extremely helpful and professional. The copious VA paper work was done accurately and efficiently. She made this less stressful. Because of Sara ** I would recommend your company to anyone purchasing a handicapped vehicle.

BraunAbility response

Myra, Thank you for being a loyal BraunAbility customer! We hope you enjoy your new vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This is my 3rd Braun Van, and they keep getting better. This one is by far the best. I like how quiet it is a highway speeds and the wider ramp. I only wish the add on driver seat base, made by B&D would go back more so I would not have to move the passenger seat forward to rotate my drivers seat to enter and exit.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for being a loyal customer writing this awesome review

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

So far so good. The only issue we’ve had is the electronic system not always recognizing when somebody is sitting in the passenger seat. When that happens, the vehicle indicates that the airbag is off for the passenger. Turning the vehicle off and then on again remedies the problem. If you have any ideas as to what this might be, I would be interested to hear.

Scott,

Thank you for your review. I would recommend contacting Universal Motion regarding the concern with the airbag. They can call and talk to the BraunAbility technicians to troubleshoot.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Needed parts for our lift. Your team went above and beyond, providing us with wiring diagrams and schematic breakdowns. After identifying the part we needed it was shipped to us the next day. Thank you for the terrific customer service, we will gladly recommend you to all.

Cody,

We are glad that we were able to assist you in locating a dealer to provide you the information and parts you needed to get your lift working again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

BraunAbility Derogatory Review. In Oct'17, I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Toyota Sienna Limited Van w/ motorized folding Braun ramp. Aesthetically, the van was in excellent condition inside & out. I paid almost $500 for a mandatory dealer safety inspection. All doors and ramp worked properly before I drove off the lot.

Problem #1: Two months later, the ramp-door won't slide back in fully locked position & ramp won't deploy. Also, I got dashboard engine warning lights and error codes. Solution#1.1: Mobility Works said the interior carpet panel on the door was rubbing against the outer vehicle body and affected proper function. Although they readjusted the panel, the door operation has a 50% success rate of fully opening. Now, I have to manually assist to push open the ramp-door from the outside so the ramp will deploy. It's a real pain!

Solution#1.2: Mobility Works told me the code is regarding camshaft settings. I found an online method to reset the warning lights using the odometer button, and they went off. These lights could have been reset before I bought the vehicle. Who’s to know? Problem 2#: The driver side rear sliding door won’t fully open in the locked position. On one occasion I opened the rear sliding door for my 2-1/2 yr old son to exit and the door unexpectedly closed on him while he was holding the pillar and stepping-off. Very dangerous! Nothing safe about utilizing that doorway!

Solution#2.1: On Jan 4,’19, I was charged $177.00 for Mobility Works to tell me the motor & cable that control that sliding door function is an OEM Toyota part and they would not take responsibility for it. Although I paid for a mandatory safety inspection on a pre-owned vehicle, the malfunction findings of this door operation are not the responsibility of Mobility Works. Then why did I buy a pre-owned mobility van from an ADA vehicle dealer if I’m not getting a fully operational and safe vehicle?

Problem #3: Once I manually assist to push open the ramp-door and the ramp deploys, the ramp would sometimes unexpectedly fold-up again. My 91 yr old mother was approaching the ramp in her power-chair when the ramp unexpectedly went back up after touching down. Since she was moving forward when the ramp was closing, she was in fear the ramp may drop back down on her knees. A very scary moment!

Solution#3.1: On Jan 4,’19, I was charged another $177.00 for Mobility Works to tell me they found “ramp motor hardware was loose” which would cause the cam to come off switch and cause the issue. The Tech tightened the ramp motor hardware, and verified the adjustment of the ramp full out switch, and the full stowed switch. Tech cycled the ramp and door 20 times without failures; however, after I picked up my vehicle and drove home, the first time I deployed the ramp it came right back up again. Problem NOT fixed. Mobility Works is asking I bring the vehicle back again for another inspection and trial repair. Waste my time!

CONCLUSION: I called BraunAbility in hopes to speak with a senior technician so as to discuss what the problem may be with the ramp-motor issue. I couldn’t get any further than speaking with a customer service supervisor. She was blaming the malfunction on the age of the vehicle. Mobility Works also blamed the malfunctions on the age and mileage of the vehicle. When Mobility Works sells a pre-owned vehicle it’s represented as a fully operational good quality and sound vehicle.

QUESTION: If the later excuse for malfunction is to be blamed on the age of a BraunAbility pre-owned vehicle, then why is Mobility Works gladly reselling these pre-owned mobility vans to new consumers? They’re taking our money on an overpriced used vehicle, since it’s modified, and setting us up for failure. Then they charge $117.00 to re-inspect each discovered subsequent complaint on the vehicle. BUYER BEWARE OF BRAUNABILITY - MOBILITY WORKS PRE-OWNED VEHICLES. Neither BraunAbility nor Mobility Works will take responsibility for any malfunctions. You will have to pay make repairs.

BraunAbility response

BraunAbility is sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your 2007 Toyota vehicle. BraunAbility is willing to work with your certified mobility dealer to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing with your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Thanks for the fast service in sending me the service manual. It is very helpful to me to understand the working of our van and lift. Any significant work will be done by the dealer. I hope you have a very good year.

BraunAbility response

Theodore, We're happy to assist you with locating the correct maual for your lift. Thank you for choosing BraunAbility!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We are very pleased with our van. It rides a bit heavy but seems five on the road. I want to keep it serviced so all works well. Not sure what I would do if it broke down. Independence is priceless. Thanks.

BraunAbility response

Gerald, Thank you for the review. Your local mobility dealer would be able to service any conversion issues and perform maintenance in the future.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Tristen ** was a great help in my understanding of the process and what my purchase options were with respect to dealers in my vicinity. She was exceptionally responsive, empathetic and reassuring. She is a great asset to your company. With her help I was able to establish realistic expectations and have a better understanding of my options.

BraunAbility response

Fred, Thank you for your review. BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. We will make sure Tristen see’s your review.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

HONDA Odyssey Adaptation. The only issue is the seat belt if you want to position the wheelchair in the second row. It’s not long enough to secure the passenger. Other than that issue, RKJ I am very happy with the conversion and would recommend your company without hesitation.

Julia,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that you are happy with your conversion. When it comes to the seat belts on our conversion we do make seat belt extenders that you can order at your local mobility dealer to make it reach farther.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Although the repair took around two months (which became challenging), I was wholly satisfied with the support we received from BA (Dylan). Two problems I saw; in 2016, two authorized service businesses both failed to check further about the problem which turned out to be a recall item. When I have my other cars serviced at their respective dealers, this is automatically checked first thing. Then, I would have thought, it being a recall item, a protocol would have been in place to fix it. No one seemed to know exactly what to do and it took 1 1/2 months to find someone to fix it. That all being said, job well done and we're happy to have the van back.

BraunAbility response

David, It sounds like your situation was unique. We are sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved sooner. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I requested a little more Technical info on my Vangater II lifter that I purchase new some time ago. I frankly was not going to call because I thought it would only get very limited info. I was wrong and have to thank Braun for the customer service I was provided by a Mrs. Carrie ** and the two people that recommended me to call. I am planning to purchase my 3rd handicap van soon and Braun will be on my list.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for the great review Kenneth. We are glad that Carrie was able to assist you with the questions on your Vangater ll lift. We appreciate your loyalty! Feel free to contact the BraunAbility Customer Experience group if you have any questions on with your current lift or new vehicles.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Very good job on our Chrysler Pacifica. Love the infloor ramp. Much better than our foldout ramp in the three prior Braun vans we have owned. The foldout foot bench for the rear seat is great for passengers. Van is much quieter than our previous vans. No rattles.

David,

We appreciate the great review! We are so glad that you chose a BraunAbility vehicle again to meet your mobility needs.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Had an unusual loss of a part on our new Braun Conversion Van. The support from dealer all the way up to the factory level has been fantastic. This is our third Braun conversion van and we continue to be pleased with the vehicle and help that we have received resolving this particular issue. Thank you to MobilityWorks (Dave & Jim), and Braun (Terri & Carrie) for your diligence.

BraunAbility response

Brian,Thank you for being a loyal customer writing this awesome review. We hope you enjoy your new van.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased my van thru FastServ Medical West Monroe, LA. Chris Mayfield. Chris and her staff are excellent dealer to do business with. I called and made and appointment to fix recall and it was completed with an hour and half. This dealer goes out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of to your satisfaction. I would give them six stars.

BraunAbility response

Billy, I agree Fast Serve is a great BraunAbility dealer. Glad that you are pleased with the service provided.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We have bought other vehicles but found BraunAbility to be the most reliable on the market. Our challenge is not with BraunAbility it is with the company we bought the Van from. In the future we will still buy a BraunAbility vehicle just from a different sales organization.

BraunAbility response

Daniel, We are glad that you found BraunAbility to be the most reliable. By working together, we can keep you and your loved ones happily and safely on the road for years to come.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The big surprise came at the credit union. The van is financed as a USED vehicle. After all is said and done I didn't get the dealer incentives and ended up paying above Blue Book value. I can overlook some of the rattles and vibrations, but I feel that there must be a way to come up with competitive pricing for the van.

BraunAbility response

We are sorry to hear that you didn't understand that you were purchasing a used vehicle. This is by no means reflective of our dealers or BraunAbility standards of customer service. Please feel free to contact our customer experience group (800) 488-0359 for any support on your new vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had 2 issues with my 2014 Toyota Siena Braun Ramp Van. The problems were under vehicle corrosion which I and Main Mobility agreed to be premature and a flaw design. Said vehicle has low mileage and I take exceptional care of it. The vehicle had a rust preventative treatment at time of new purchase. I reached out to Braun and spoke to Dylan ** whom made arrangements with Main Mobility in Clarence NY to Pay for repairs. Main Mobility did an excellent job and I am very happy that Braun did the right thing covering the cost of repairs. This is my second Toyota Braun Ramp Van.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for the review Thomas. I am glad that you were able to work with Dylan at BraunAbility and your dealer to get the concerns with your vehicle resolved.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My overall experience at BraunAbility, was excellent. The whole staff, did their job to make me feel comfortable. Chris **. in Pensacola, Florida did an excellent job as my Salesman to train and sell me my disability van. I would recommend this company to any of my Friends and Family. My life has changed, and I can be independent again.

BraunAbility response

Deborah, I am glad that you had an excellent experience with the purchase of your BraunAbility vehicle. Our goal is to help make life a moving experience for our customers.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Brake warranty repair and redo - Work was done at the new Little Canada site, quickly, the easy lock which is no longer used (husband deceased and chair is mounted over easy lock) was silenced. Thanks. Next am clear light yellow puddle on garage floor at and behind driver side rear wheel. Called head Braun office. Ok to have van taken by lift truck to burnsville site for redo, and returned to me by eve. Thank you for covering the cost of the redo. No further leaks noted, also checked by local Chrysler dealer when 50,000 check up done, all looks good was the report.

BraunAbility response

Judith, We are certainly sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the repair performed. But we are glad that it was quickly resolved for you. Thank you for feedback.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Was friendly and helpful in helping me with several question I had involving both my old and new Sienna vans. Each question was address in a timely manner and addressed the issues. Would recommend them for conversions in the future. Very knowledgeable.

BraunAbility response

Wow Bruce! We are so blown away by your review. It made our day here at BraunAbility.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Excellent, rapid, personal service. Got me my adaptive vehicle to the hospital days before I was discharged. Grace and Paul are extraordinary from SV&M! Almost all paperwork was taken care of and the process was seamless, except for the handing over of the check :).

BraunAbility response

Alexander, Thank you for choosing BraunAbility. We hope you enjoy your new BraunAbility Toyota Sienna.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Purchased 2006 FordF450 minibus with BraunAbility lift that will not function. I need it to work. Called in and Carrie was very helpful with options to get lift operating again. I received service manual and operating manual. Lift in good shape.

BraunAbility response

Dennis, Thank you for sharing such a positve experience.

BraunAbility Company Information