4.41/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

With nearly 50 years of experience leading the mobility industry, no manufacturer knows better what you need when looking for a wheelchair accessible vehicle or wheelchair lift. With a nationwide dealer network with over 200 locations, you’re never far from a mobility expert to help you find the best fit for you and your budget.

BraunAbility Video
View More View More

76 BraunAbility Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 29, 2019

About a year and a half ago I bought a Ford E250 van with a Vangater 2 installed. Since then I have had nothing but trouble with it. It works one day then dead the next. It frequently leaves me stranded in parking lots, calling for help. I have spent about 3k in repairs to no avail. Wish I had never bought it.

Mr. Veal,

BraunAbility is sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Vangater lift. A BraunAbility representative will be reaching out to you within 24 hours so we can completely understand the situation. BraunAbility is willing to work with one of our certified mobility dealers to try to resolve your concerns.

Original review: April 28, 2019

My wife Sally required assistance in getting in and out of a vehicle. After hearing about the Turny Evo, we asked to see an actual application. We visited someone who has a similar vehicle, Tried it and was sold. So far, we are happy with our new seat, and feel my wife can travel more.

Harold,

We appreciate the great review! We are so glad that you chose a BraunAbility product to meet your mobility needs. We hope you and your wife have some fun adventures planned for the future.

Resolution response: April 5, 2019

I should have contacted BraunAbility sooner. Their response to my problem was immediate and I sure appreciate a company with support like this!!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have had my 2012 Dodge Town and Country van with a BraunAbility ramp since 2013. It was brand new when I bought it from a Mobility Works dealer in GA. The problem is that intermittently the ramp will not go back up. It will start to go up, then there is a short buzzing sound and it will then go back down. It's as if it's being interrupted on its way up. I have had it serviced several times, replaced the van's battery as suggested and it still malfunctions. Most recently I'm told it's the motor to the ramp but it seems more electrical to me. Or maybe a sensor? It's worse when it's cold. Because it's intermittent we took a video of it malfunctioning but we've been told that because it's an intermittent problem nothing can be done. Tomorrow I'm about to spend $1500 for a new motor and I feel very uneasy because no one seems to know if this is really the issue. I only have less than 12,000 miles on this van and it has never been in an accident.

BraunAbility response

Karen, we are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your 2012 BraunAbility vehicle. One of our customer service representatives will be reaching out to you today to talk further about your concerns.

Karen, Thank you for updating your review of BraunAbility. I am glad that your concern was resolved in a timely manner. Feel free to reach out to our customer service department if you need further assistance.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Loved the conversion in my Honda Odyssey. It is the second one and the quality only improves. The addition of the led at the ramp was a good idea. I also like the details in the rear of the van, which created a bold vision of the car.

Mario,

Thank you for your review, and thank you for continuing to choose BraunAbility to meet your mobility needs.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I have dealt with Dylan ** and Carrie ** many times and each time they have been excellent. Great customer service and prompt. Couldn't ask for better service. This was a great service added to the Braun website. Only complaint I have about the Braun site is I can not find the manuals anymore, like before.

BraunAbility response

Chris, Thank you for the nice review and the suggestion on making it easier to find the manuals. We will pass that request on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BraunAbility?

Original review: March 9, 2019

This is our second vehicle and we are very pleased with the product. Keep up the excellent work. We would recommend a Braunability vehicle to anyone in need of a vehicle that provides handicap transportation. Please continue to strive to always produce a superior vehicle.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Wires shorting out zip-tied to our fuel line on 2017 Pacifica. Apparently this build should have never passed any quality inspection. I took the van to a Chrysler dealer because warning lights were flashing on my dash, the fuel gauge would go from half to empty and begin flashing. I was charged $120 for a diagnosis and told to take it to the mobility company. "Confused with why the build would affect my vehicles computer"... Lo and behold, bare worn wires attached to my fuel line with no protection!!! After talking to unapologetic, Dillon ** he said "it's still under warranty". I asked that a manager contact me; still no word from them. How could Braun let something this unsafe out of their factory? Although the mobility company says it was fixed, wires are still "spliced" and soldered, not the QUALITY I would expect for such an expensive build.

Louise,

BraunAbility would like to speak to you regarding your concerns. We did attempt to call, email and private message you. Please feel free to reach out to our National Case Manager Terri so we can discuss your concerns. According to our records, the dealer has resolved the issue and you should of been credited for the $120 diagnosis fee. We are sorry that you experienced an issue with your van.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We are very happy with the service received from Ability Center, and by extension, BraunAbility. Every effort was made to provide us with the vehicle and features we wanted. No regular auto dealership has come close to the personalized service we received. We are quite happy with our 2019 Chrysler Pacifica.

Linda,

We are glad that you are happy with the service you received from Ability Center and BraunAbility. Feel free to reach out to our customer service department if you have any questions.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I asked BraunAbility to pay for the repair of a rusted-out section under the sliding door of my adapted van. Even though the van is out of warranty, the manager agreed to pay for the repairs as a goodwill gesture.

Rosemarie,

We strive to be #1 company in the Mobility field. I’m glad we were able to resolve your concern. Thank you for the kind review.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I just wanted to let you know about the experience of purchasing my mobility van from Trey **, salesman at Crescent Vans. It was the best experience I’ve had purchasing a vehicle, thanks to Trey. He was very likable and knowledgeable about the conversion vans. He was the main reason we decided to buy a BraunAbility van. I would highly recommend that anyone interested in purchasing a conversion van go to Crescent Vans in Metairie Louisiana and ask for Trey **.

Arnold,

We are glad that you are so happy with your purchasing experience. Thank you for the kind review.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Gregory ** was very helpful as we went through the van buying process. Gregory made the entire process painless. Gregory kept us informed throughout the entire process. I would definitely recommend BraunAbility.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for being a loyal BraunAbility customer!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Great experience. Good job by technical staff. Clean neat shop. All staff pleasure to work with their understanding of product. Amazing service representative. Clean neat job and explained operation of EQ. Was nice on the 2018 how roomie the interior is and wide the ramp is. Have a good weekend!

Charlie,

Thank you for the kind review. We're glad glad you like the width of the ramp and the interior room. Please feel free to contact the Customer Experience Group if you have any questions in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Very pleasant and polite phone person. Had several conversations over a period of a few days. Addressed my issue quickly, efficiently and accurately. Did exactly as she said she would, when she said she would. Received follow up call as well to ensure my satisfaction.

Leslie,

Thank you for the nice review. We stive to provide that type of service for our customers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Toyota Sienna - Vehicle bottoms out on rear axle when over small bumps when more than 2 people in back or heavy load. Also stripped ramp gear motor when resistance encountered while raising ramp. Otherwise good experience with BraunAbility conversion and good experience with MobilityWorks' service.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for your review of your BraunAbility Toyota Sienna. If you would like to further discuss any concerns, please contact our customer service group.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I had a fantastic experience with BraunAbility from the first minute I wheel in to their office, great people that were very knowledgeable about their product. They work with me and the Veterans Administration in order to get what I needed, but the part I liked the most they had on display 5 different makes of Minivans, so nice to pick the color I wanted and the vehicle that I wanted. I just can't say enough good things about this company that is doing such a good service to the disabled military and civilians, I offer my thanks to them for all that they did.

Robert,

We are glad to hear that you had such a great purchasing experience. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Although I wish I could have done this without the middle man (Mobility Works), I was thrilled with the service I received from Braun directly. Their customer care and sensitivity to the client's needs are outstanding. Despite that this was being done during the holidays, everyone did their best to get me back on the road as soon as possible. I am so GRATEFUL!

Rochelle,

BraunAbility is glad that were able to assist you and help you get back on the road quickly.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Dealership VERY helpful and accommodating. Challenge to find design flaw in ramp that prevents one from sitting over where ramp is stowed. Now fully repaired. Ramp emerges as per normal regardless of where I'm sitting, waiting to exit. Excellent repair. I'm a happy camper.

BraunAbility response

Gregory, BraunAbility strives to be #1 company in the Mobility field. I’m glad we were able to resolve your concern. Enjoy your vehicle!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I'm in my fifth BA conversion van. They have enabled my life, and I have enjoyed them (all Toyota Sienna Limiteds). Two things I feel could be improved are less interior noise, and more clearance underneath. Maybe air shocks all the way around could give some extra clearance as bottoming out is not infrequent.

Barry,

Thank you for continuing to choose BraunAbility to meet your mobility needs. Thank you for your feedback. BraunAbility regularly makes improvements to our products as a result of the valuable feedback we receive from our customers.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

First, let me start by saying that this review would have been a 5-star review for one exception. The rear Spoiler on the Honda Odyssey did not come painted from Braun. Van Product had to take the vehicle for painting before I accepted the Vehicle, Other than that my Honda is remarkable and I recommend BraunAbility over any other manufacturer. Thank you.

Taylor,

Thank you for your review. I am certainly sorry to hear that your rear spoiler did not come painted, but glad to hear that Van Products fixed it. We can see that you have purchased several BraunAbility vehicles and we do appreciate your loyalty and honest feedback. If there is anything else we can do for you feel free to reach out to the Customer Experience Group.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We are very pleased with the customer service provided by Mobility Works of Bunnell. It was a pleasure working with them. We definitely love our new Chrysler Pacifica and the adaptions completed by BraunAbility. We hope to be able to continue doing business with both.

Randy,

We are glad that you are pleased with your Chrysler Pacifica. We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of BraunAbility and Mobility Works.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited on January 14, 2019 with a Braun Entervan RT conversion from A & J Mobility in DePere, WI. VIN: **. Just two days after purchase I had a problem. I went to the grocery store; all was fine on the way. When leaving the grocery store I noticed the engine RPM was increasing up to about 4000 and I was only able to accelerate maybe up to 5 MPH. I tried shutting the engine off and restarting but that did not help. I tried shutting the engine off about 6 times on the way to the Chrysler dealership which luckily was only a few miles from the grocery store. Unfortunately, the service technicians were gone for the day, but the service manager looked under the hood to see if he could see anything that may be causing this problem. Nothing was evident.

After about a half hour of talking with the service manager I tried starting the engine again. After talking about fifteen minutes, the engine RPM’s were not increasing and I was able to get my Pacifica home without any problems. The next day I called A & J Mobility about the problem. They asked me to bring the Pacifica to their shop and would check the problem out. I was a bit hesitant to drive 30 miles to A & J Mobility but I took the chance and did not have any problems. The technician could not find anything wrong, but told me there were 14 codes in the computer and he was concerned about that. He asked me to take it to a Chrysler dealership to have them look at the code problem.

I took it to Bergstrom Chrysler dealership in Kaukauna, WI 920-766-6500, as requested. The dealership was very concerned about the number of codes which had increased to 24 codes and said I should take it back to A & J Mobility, stating he thought the codes were a problem from the conversion. I left the dealership and went right to A & J Mobility. I showed the technician the code sheet. He installed their code equipment and feels it may be a Chrysler problem.

I have a 4 hour appointment on February 4, 2019 at 12:30pm with A & J Mobility. I was hoping I could get an appointment sooner but with the scheduled 4 hours, that was the earliest I could get in. The technician stated that at that appointment they would be in communication over the phone with a technician from Braun. I hope at that appointment on February 4, 2019 at 12:30 A&J Mobility will have communication with the most knowledgeable technician Braun has to solve this code problem promptly. I am concerned with driving my new Pacifica with the Braun conversion since these problems have not been taken care of at this point. Enclosed are 2 pictures of the code sheet I had the Chrysler dealer print out for me. Thank you for your time with this problem!

Scott,

BraunAbility would like to speak to you regarding the issues with your Chrysler Pacifica. We did attempt to reach out to you through a private message on 1/28/2019. Please feel free to call our Customer Experience Group to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Sara ** is wonderful. I have bought several vans and she is always extremely helpful and professional. The copious VA paper work was done accurately and efficiently. She made this less stressful. Because of Sara ** I would recommend your company to anyone purchasing a handicapped vehicle.

BraunAbility response

Myra, Thank you for being a loyal BraunAbility customer! We hope you enjoy your new vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This is my 3rd Braun Van, and they keep getting better. This one is by far the best. I like how quiet it is a highway speeds and the wider ramp. I only wish the add on driver seat base, made by B&D would go back more so I would not have to move the passenger seat forward to rotate my drivers seat to enter and exit.

BraunAbility response

Thank you for being a loyal customer writing this awesome review

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

So far so good. The only issue we’ve had is the electronic system not always recognizing when somebody is sitting in the passenger seat. When that happens, the vehicle indicates that the airbag is off for the passenger. Turning the vehicle off and then on again remedies the problem. If you have any ideas as to what this might be, I would be interested to hear.

Scott,

Thank you for your review. I would recommend contacting Universal Motion regarding the concern with the airbag. They can call and talk to the BraunAbility technicians to troubleshoot.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Needed parts for our lift. Your team went above and beyond, providing us with wiring diagrams and schematic breakdowns. After identifying the part we needed it was shipped to us the next day. Thank you for the terrific customer service, we will gladly recommend you to all.

Cody,

We are glad that we were able to assist you in locating a dealer to provide you the information and parts you needed to get your lift working again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

BraunAbility Derogatory Review. In Oct'17, I purchased a pre-owned 2007 Toyota Sienna Limited Van w/ motorized folding Braun ramp. Aesthetically, the van was in excellent condition inside & out. I paid almost $500 for a mandatory dealer safety inspection. All doors and ramp worked properly before I drove off the lot.

Problem #1: Two months later, the ramp-door won't slide back in fully locked position & ramp won't deploy. Also, I got dashboard engine warning lights and error codes. Solution#1.1: Mobility Works said the interior carpet panel on the door was rubbing against the outer vehicle body and affected proper function. Although they readjusted the panel, the door operation has a 50% success rate of fully opening. Now, I have to manually assist to push open the ramp-door from the outside so the ramp will deploy. It's a real pain!

Solution#1.2: Mobility Works told me the code is regarding camshaft settings. I found an online method to reset the warning lights using the odometer button, and they went off. These lights could have been reset before I bought the vehicle. Who’s to know? Problem 2#: The driver side rear sliding door won’t fully open in the locked position. On one occasion I opened the rear sliding door for my 2-1/2 yr old son to exit and the door unexpectedly closed on him while he was holding the pillar and stepping-off. Very dangerous! Nothing safe about utilizing that doorway!

Solution#2.1: On Jan 4,’19, I was charged $177.00 for Mobility Works to tell me the motor & cable that control that sliding door function is an OEM Toyota part and they would not take responsibility for it. Although I paid for a mandatory safety inspection on a pre-owned vehicle, the malfunction findings of this door operation are not the responsibility of Mobility Works. Then why did I buy a pre-owned mobility van from an ADA vehicle dealer if I’m not getting a fully operational and safe vehicle?

Problem #3: Once I manually assist to push open the ramp-door and the ramp deploys, the ramp would sometimes unexpectedly fold-up again. My 91 yr old mother was approaching the ramp in her power-chair when the ramp unexpectedly went back up after touching down. Since she was moving forward when the ramp was closing, she was in fear the ramp may drop back down on her knees. A very scary moment!

Solution#3.1: On Jan 4,’19, I was charged another $177.00 for Mobility Works to tell me they found “ramp motor hardware was loose” which would cause the cam to come off switch and cause the issue. The Tech tightened the ramp motor hardware, and verified the adjustment of the ramp full out switch, and the full stowed switch. Tech cycled the ramp and door 20 times without failures; however, after I picked up my vehicle and drove home, the first time I deployed the ramp it came right back up again. Problem NOT fixed. Mobility Works is asking I bring the vehicle back again for another inspection and trial repair. Waste my time!

CONCLUSION: I called BraunAbility in hopes to speak with a senior technician so as to discuss what the problem may be with the ramp-motor issue. I couldn’t get any further than speaking with a customer service supervisor. She was blaming the malfunction on the age of the vehicle. Mobility Works also blamed the malfunctions on the age and mileage of the vehicle. When Mobility Works sells a pre-owned vehicle it’s represented as a fully operational good quality and sound vehicle.

QUESTION: If the later excuse for malfunction is to be blamed on the age of a BraunAbility pre-owned vehicle, then why is Mobility Works gladly reselling these pre-owned mobility vans to new consumers? They’re taking our money on an overpriced used vehicle, since it’s modified, and setting us up for failure. Then they charge $117.00 to re-inspect each discovered subsequent complaint on the vehicle. BUYER BEWARE OF BRAUNABILITY - MOBILITY WORKS PRE-OWNED VEHICLES. Neither BraunAbility nor Mobility Works will take responsibility for any malfunctions. You will have to pay make repairs.

BraunAbility response

BraunAbility is sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your 2007 Toyota vehicle. BraunAbility is willing to work with your certified mobility dealer to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing with your vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Thanks for the fast service in sending me the service manual. It is very helpful to me to understand the working of our van and lift. Any significant work will be done by the dealer. I hope you have a very good year.

BraunAbility response

Theodore, We're happy to assist you with locating the correct maual for your lift. Thank you for choosing BraunAbility!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We are very pleased with our van. It rides a bit heavy but seems five on the road. I want to keep it serviced so all works well. Not sure what I would do if it broke down. Independence is priceless. Thanks.

BraunAbility response

Gerald, Thank you for the review. Your local mobility dealer would be able to service any conversion issues and perform maintenance in the future.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Tristen ** was a great help in my understanding of the process and what my purchase options were with respect to dealers in my vicinity. She was exceptionally responsive, empathetic and reassuring. She is a great asset to your company. With her help I was able to establish realistic expectations and have a better understanding of my options.

BraunAbility response

Fred, Thank you for your review. BraunAbility is always striving to provide world class customer service. We will make sure Tristen see’s your review.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

HONDA Odyssey Adaptation. The only issue is the seat belt if you want to position the wheelchair in the second row. It’s not long enough to secure the passenger. Other than that issue, RKJ I am very happy with the conversion and would recommend your company without hesitation.

Julia,

Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that you are happy with your conversion. When it comes to the seat belts on our conversion we do make seat belt extenders that you can order at your local mobility dealer to make it reach farther.

BraunAbility Company Information