West Elm

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was a great experience and everyone was great. I'd definitely go back again. I love shopping at West Elm! Every time I go I find something new.

The customer service here was great. They have really friendly as well as knowledgeable staff in this place. Very kind staff and they are also very helpful. The delivery options were great here at this place. Always on time. They are very professional. A lot of brands and shades. Never disappointing when you come here because they have so many items to choose from. Great elements and themes. Over the top quality. Excellent in all aspects. The type of quality you would be willing to pay high prices for. I love this place and the quality of the items.

Our customer service experience with Ashley Furniture was good. They were very professional and kind. They cared for our concerns and took very good care of us. We didn't need delivery but they told us of all available options and they were very detailed in their explanation. The variety at the furniture store we visited was minimal at best. The store was huge however the variety wasn't what we expected at all. We were told the product was top of the line and that it would be sturdy and well usable without problems. The sofa and chair are both broken after less than 2 years.

They were friendly at the store and helpful to find what I needed. The wrong sized pillow case was in the package that I bought. I called the store when I realized it and they were able to locate the correct size in stock for me, even though the item was on final sale and they had very limited supply. I did not order anything via delivery. Store has a good variety. Wish more of their items were on sale at the same time though. Good quality. Washes well. No problems so far.

They offer timely help and great service. Always ready to help when needed. They also inspire us in buying new designs. They inform us about new offers and upcoming designs and offers. Delivery options are many to choose from free home delivery to store pick up. They ship domestically and internationally. They offer express and standard shipping services as well. They have up to date designs. They have many options to choose from and designs to offers. They have degree of excellence in quality. The standard of maintaining the quality to up to the mark. Distinctive attribute in maintaining the quality of the store and the designs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about West Elm?

Knowledgeable, friendly, great service all around. Not pushy sales people or keeping on your toes to sell you something. Comfy furniture and clean showrooms. On time, fast, reliable and knowledgeable of equipment and furniture - the placement of furniture they make sure you are satisfied before leaving you. Great variety of furniture and quality is outstanding and strong and tough... get thru my 3 year jumping on the furniture even when asked not to take a licking and keeps standing. Strong reliability, nice colors and fabrics, comfy all around, the best furniture I have owned out of others. Yes I would recommend it.

Customer service was pretty standard to the norm. Nothing too fancy. Were somewhat attentive to our needs as a whole in general. Was a reasonably good experience overall. Delivery options were pretty acceptable. They were flexible in setting up a time that would better suit their customer than rather arranging events to better suit themselves. They had many varieties of home furnishings to choose from that were colorful and had a modern appeal to them. Most items were designed with high quality appeal them. The quality of their home furnishings was pretty good overall. They carried many top name brand items to choose from.

They were very helpful. They made sure I was taken care of and answered all of my questions and didn't get annoyed with me. Great customer service overall.

They are awesome. They gave me options and I picked what the best option for me was. Great and helpful employees. They are wonderful! I would recommend them just based off of service! They have wonderful variety - many different options to choose from and all great pieces. I was actually very impressed with the variety of products available! The quality of their products superseded my expectations. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how well built and quality these products are!

Very attentive and informative. We had questions about a certain item, as well as shipping and a promotion that was going on, and the person we were working with was very knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive. Made us feel welcome and like we weren't being a bother. Had shipping available and we discussed with the associate we were working with and the pricing of delivery, if we could get it free, and what steps we needed to take. The store had a lot of variety, with different styles of furniture and pricing. We were able to find a few items that for our styles within a price range that fit our budget. Good quality with good variety. Haven't had any issues with our purchase and it holds up well to pets. We bought some nice items that look expensively made, but we're bought at a reasonable price.

Easy customer service. Everything was so great and easy. If I had any questions for any associate they always had the answers and I was never left waiting.

I was able to get all questions answered quickly and efficiently. I love my purchase, and I can thank the sales associate for her recommendation. I could choose to have home delivery or pick up from the store. I picked up at the store, because it was easier for me at the time. Very easy to do. Great variety of items. There was so much selection of gorgeous, trendy pieces. I loved the variety! I searched several different stores before I found the perfect piece at West Elm. The furniture I bought is the highest quality, and is holding up so nicely. I absolutely love how well made the item is and how gorgeous it looks in my home.

I ordered a very expensive table and it was shipped to a different address. They shipped me a new one the very next day. With expedited shipping at that. Their delivery options are the best of the best. They have standard shipping which is usually free after a certain amount is spent. With expedited shipping, you get your items the very next day. They have so many items to choose from. It's very hard to shop there because I can never make my mind up what I want. But it's so fun! I will continue to shop there. The quality of the product you order is top of the line. The price does reflect that but the product is something that you will use for years.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

West Elm is a branch of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., that was founded in 2002. Ninety percent of their products are designed in-house from organic and sustainably sourced materials.

• Fair Trade Certified™: All of West Elm’s products are Fair Trade Certified™. Fair Trade is a movement that creates sustainable opportunities for workers through trade agreements. A percentage of product cost at West Elm is paid directly to a worker’s fund.
  • West Elm LOCAL: The West Elm LOCAL program finds local workers and features their products in West Elm stores. This program builds local economy and grows small business.
  • Design services: West Elm offers services like room planners, inspiration articles and consultations with stylists and designers. Costs for consultations can vary.
  • West Elm blog: West Elm’s blog contains posts about company news, design trends, lifestyles and consumer profiles. The blog also contains links to guest features from publications like Architecture Digest and The Atlantic.
  • Brand extensions: West Elm’s various branches include West Elm Workspace, West Elm Hotels and West Elm To the Trade. These groups focus on workspace products, hospitality products and trade deals for brands respectively.
  • Best for West Elm is best for businesses and consumers who want to support local workers and Fair Trade with their purchases.

Compare Lighting Stores