2.64/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

West Elm

Looking for a good furniture store?

320 West Elm Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had a BIG issue with their phone customer service and after repeated failures I went into the store and spoke to Carla ** (She is one of the managers). She took care of me by first actively listening, acknowledging my frustration and then going out of her way to resolve the situation. Happy to report I left the store feeling really good about the store, opposite of what I felt when I got into the store. Carla ** changed my mind from a negative to a positive one and because of that I will be back at the store to spend some more money. NOT ONLINE. But in-store is the way to go. Thank you Carla.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I found this sofa on the Apartment Therapy website sofa rating story and knew I had found the sofa of my dreams that fit in my tiny living room. I ordered it the same day and according to the site, expected a 2-4 wait time. The next morning an email from West Elm was waiting on me saying that the sofa was in stock and to choose a delivery date. I could have chosen delivery within 5 days of my order, but I chose a later date for my convenience. Through this period, I was regularly notified as the delivery date got closer of the time of day it would be delivered. The delivery driver called when he was about 30 minutes away. The two delivery guys brought in the sofa, put on the legs, took out the trash and put the sofa where I wanted it. They were in and out in less than 20 minutes. I LOVE the couch! I will order from West Elm again.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I had been searching for a stylish, comfortable couch for months and months. The second I tested out the West Elm Drake couch in one of their stores, I fell in love. It looked great. It was SUPER comfortable. PRICE: The price wasn't bad (not insanely expensive, but not super cheap that I felt like it wasn't good quality). I waited until they had a good sale online to buy the couch, so I got it at an even better price. DELIVERY: I had zero issues with the delivery. The couch was supposed to take 6-8 weeks to create and delivery, and the estimate for me was spot on.

DURABILITY: I have only had the couch for a few weeks, so I cannot speak to long durability yet. But so far I am SO happy with my purchase, I love lounging on my new couch and showing it off to friends. SNUG FACTOR: It is also the perfect depth, and great for snuggling. This was an VERY important factor in my couch making decision. It is also great that the back cushions are removable to make even more snuggling space, but I haven't had to move them yet because it is pretty deep as is.

STYLE: The mid century look of this couch is amazing. I've tested a lot of MCM style couches with the buttons on the back, and I find them usually pretty uncomfortable. But for whatever reason this couch doesn't have that issue at all -- it is extremely comfy! SUMMARY: Don't let the bad reviews scare you away. I'm sure things go wrong sometimes and unfortunately people with complaints are more likely to report than satisfied customers. I just love this couch so much that I wanted to make sure I submitted a good review for people out there who might be on the fence.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I recently bought a home and probably spent close to $10,000 with West Elm. Most of my items arrived on time. However, one order, with 2 items, has been delayed for a month and a half. Every time I called the toll-free customer service # to get an update, I kept being told that they'd ship "any day now." I patiently waited, while having a feeling that the customer service rep did not really look into the situation, and gave me a sort of "canned" answer - it felt as though they didn't care. Well, fed up with the delay, I called again tonight and spoke to someone else in customer service, and they told me there was an issue with one of my credit cards for about $87, and that was what was holding up the order.

After spending several thousand dollars - they decided to hold up my entire order, and leave part of my new house empty for a month, over $87, and didn't even notify me of this, until I called in to find out what was really going on. I've been writing this review during the second "hold" I've been placed on tonight with customer service, this call has currently lasted 21 minutes. The store staff has been great, the furniture we've received is great, but this experience has really turned me off West Elm and I can't say I will be a repeat customer due to the really unprofessional way my order has been handled.

Oh - and that $87, by the end of the call, the customer service rep said it ended up being a $300+ issue, which I gladly paid, though she provided absolutely no clarification as to what the issue was. I hope someone at West Elm is reading this, and can look into my account, and hopefully you folks record calls so this may be used as a learning experience. You are welcome to contact me.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I ordered the Portside Low 3 Piece Sectional, 2 Sofas, Corner, Weathered Gray/Gray in Sept 2018. It was back ordered until Jan, which I was ok with... However when we received it end of Jan the corner cushion color was not matching the side cushions. I have spent the last 6 months trying to get the correct cushions!! They have re-delivered the wrong color 3 times. I have spent countless hours on the phone with several different customer service reps and managers trying to get this issue resolved, and still have not received the correct product. I'm so disappointed by this whole experience, I would never buy any other products from West Elm again... It has been a NIGHTMARE!! Save yourself the headache and purchase from another vendor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about West Elm?

Original review: June 11, 2019

Placed my order April 15. Delivery was supposed to be on May 28. A few days after delivery date we called up and they pushed it off for July 10 and no one can tell us why this happened and they wouldn't care about this situation.

Original review: June 8, 2019

West Elm is a terrible company, please do not support them. I ordered a console and never received it. It was almost $800, even with a coupon. Unlike every other corporate furniture store, they don't provide free shipping. My console was on back order. Waited over a month, never came. Warehouse had no record, but another customer service rep said it was on its way. Still never came. I would sue, but apparently they never charged my card or placed the order even though I had a confirmation email. Now it's my mission to let people know how bad they are on every available platform.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I used to love West Elm. Their online service seems to have imploded. I ordered an item. I then learned the item would NOT ARRIVE FOR 2 MONTHS! I immediately tried to cancel. I could not cancel the order! I sent emails, and filled out their online form. Over and Over. This was NOT a custom item. It was packaged. There was no excuse. Finally, I called them. Their rep had trouble cancelling the order, even though it had not even shipped. She said she would keep trying and get back to me. That was 2 days ago. So help me God. I will never order from West Elm again.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Adrianna from West Elm’s solutions line/escalation department in CYO should be fired. Totally unprofessional, horribly rude and nasty. It’s a long custom order sectional couch story. I ordered a couch in January 2018 with a March 2018 ETA. 3/4 of the couch was eventually delivered in May 2018, but they were missing one integral part of it. After many frustrating hours on the phone and on hold and lied to with various West Elm customer service reps, they reordered a replacement missing part in July 2018. Surprise, that replacement missing part never came in. After many (sooo many) more frustrating hours on the phone and on hold and lied to, I finally got a refund on the couch in January 2019, and agreed I would return the 3 portions of it that I received. Someone from West Elm was supposed to be reaching out to schedule the return.

I didn’t receive any follow up calls or emails about scheduling a return on the partial couch until today, 5/29/19 at 3 pm PST. Adrianna from West Elm called me, and with a nasty attitude off the bat, told me I need to return the partial couch or she would be charging me for it. When I asked to call her back so I could check my schedule, she told me she was in until 5 pm today, and if I didn’t call her back to schedule “TODAY by 5 pm” she would charge my credit card on file. Hard to believe I had a 2 hour window to schedule furniture pickup or West Elm would charge my credit card. Hard also to describe how horribly rude and nasty Adrianna was, but I’ll try. I asked for her call back number and she sped rattled off the digits, not stopping, even when I said “hold on, hold on, let me grab a pen please”.

I did call her back around 3:45 pm. When I talked to Adrianna the second time, I scheduled pickup return for 2 of the 3 couch pieces for next week, but explained I wanted to delay pickup of 1 of pieces because I have a family of 5 and was waiting on delivery next month of an interior define couch I had ordered. Adrianna wouldn’t let me get a word in, told me that I’ve had this couch for 1 year now and that “she was gonna charge me, she was gonna charge me, she was gonna charge me” (I think it was about 5 times she said that). I tried explaining the oh so frustrating story of the missing couch piece and why I’ve had the couch for 1 year now, but Adrianna cut me off every other word with “ok, I’m gonna charge you”, “you can’t have this couch for free”, “ok, I’m gonna charge you”. I tried to explain I’m not trying to keep any couch for free here.

Since delaying the return on 1 of the 3 pieces did not appear to be an option, I asked to pay for the 1 piece with West Elm merchandise credit and Adrianna said “NO, we can’t do that,” and when I asked why, she got REALLY rude. Basically said, "We can’t do that. Okay, bye!” When trying to ask why, she kept cutting me off with “bye!”… “bye!”…. “bye!”. It gets better. I was mid-sentence talking, when she said “ok, I’m gonna charge you. Bye! Transferring you to customer service!”—and then she transferred me to a whole other customer service department. Unbelievable. Of course after submitting a complaint about Adrianna with whoever she transferred me to in customer service, I called Adrianna back. I asked her for her last name and her response was “I don’t have to give you that!”

All I got is that her name is Adrianna in CYO within West Elm’s escalation department. She told me the calls were recorded, and that I was rude to her. Ha! Well good. I’m glad the calls are recorded. I really do hope someone with power takes the time to listen to ours. I’m a disgruntled customer here, whereas Adrianna was at work on a call representing West Elm. I thought West Elm had terrible customer service before, but this exchange takes the cake. Adrianna has no business working in any department dealing with customers.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I have purchased a lot of furniture and work in the design community. NEVER AGAIN will I use WEST ELM!!! Their products are overpriced and under perform. Purchased a dresser and the drawers are too tight to open. They say use wax etc. Did all of that and their product it well below average! If you want a product that is functional not just pretty don't use WEST ELM!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

We bought a couch on April 13th and today we cancelled the order in the end. Oh, we don't even know our order would be cancelled yet because of the mysterious "3rd party vendor" West Elm is forever putting all the blames on still needs to confirm if the cancellation is accepted on their end. Like other reviews about West Elm are saying if I could give negative stars, I would. And that goes not only to this particular store but to West Elm as a whole company.

Long story short, but pretty much more or less the same story as many other people online, we ordered a "quick ship" couch which is supposed to take 2-4 weeks until delivery, but they gave us 4-5+ weeks delivery window with no explanation whatsoever. Moreover, they laid out 10 steps of "custom build" process on our tracking page online, which never passed the first two steps for the last 4+ weeks. I repeatedly contacted customer service to understand the situation but they showed no shame to admit that they knew nothing better than what I was seeing on the website either. I probably have talked to about 10+ different customer service representative but each time I only got their responses like:

- "We don't know the situation either because the vendor didn't update the status."
      - "We can't ask the vendor to update the order status either because you still are within the deliver window."
      - "It's still technically not "late" so there is nothing we can do at the moment."
      - "We can't provide you any information about the vendor either."
      - "We have our process and policy in place and I'm sorry if you feel that way (i.e. frustrated)."

- "(I don't know why you keep saying that your order is "quick ship" but) what I see here is that your order is custom-build/made-to-order."

Some of the CS representative even showed me an attitude in her/his tone treating me like an annoying customer as if I was acting up over nothing (like, "hey we are not late just yet!!!!"). It clearly seems that they have serious break-down in their system/process, and their customer service is genuinely NOT interested in your order or your satisfaction.

Did we like their couch when we sat on it in the showroom? Yes. That's probably why I waited a month and half putting up with this nonsense. But I'm so disgusted by their pure incompetence in communicating and horrendously awful customer service - they didn't take my business seriously so I'm taking my business elsewhere (just to remind all of you, it's not that West Elm designs are irreplaceable by other brands). Moreover, I will wholeheartedly boycott West Elm for the rest of my life. I wish one day they learn the lesson seeing returned furniture piled up to the roof in their sad little warehouse.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Here is my experience guys. I would say please do not order the stuff from them. They take very long time to deliver and the stuff is very expensive. After delivering the incorrect the stuff and did not do the refund to my credit card, I was thinking they will refund to my credit card and they added the late fees and some other fees, So it's really sad to see these people are making money in this wrong way. I have ended up with pay more and had to buy the stuff even though you don't want to buy, 'Coz when they give you merchant credit never take it. That how they trap you. Sad to see that's how they are making money.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have purchased many items from West Elm. Most recently, a pair of Lucas swivel chairs. One of them, has collapsed. I called the Palm Beach Gardens Store, where I purchased the chairs. They sent a furniture medic who said I needed a new base and he would order one. One month later....no base. The PBG store manager has been rude from day one. She said she has called the Hub but they haven't replied. So, she told me to call the Hub. The Hub had no record of anything. Which is suspect since they were the ones who originally sent the guy to my house....they have been putting me off for a month. Still no base. And no one seems to want to fix it. Unfortunately, I do not feel buying from West Elm is recommended. They do not stand by their products, do not fix/replace defective furniture or even return calls.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I loved the look and feel of my Enzo sectional; but after only 7 months one of the seats and cushions warped like crazy. I sought them out for a replacement cushion, but they do not provide separate cushions and instead agreed to replace the whole unit. Unfortunately, I never received a replacement. Although getting a confirmation, they apparently cancelled the replacement (without telling me) because someone changed the SKU number of the model. I could order it online, but they told me it's no longer available.

I had to jump through hundreds of hoops. I had them come pick up the couch and was promised a refund. I'm still waiting for that refund. They claim to have sent me a $3k gift card via regular mail (really smart policy); something I never received. And a week later they still can't figure out how to confirm it was never used and how to void it. So I'm left without a couch and without a refund. AVOID!

Original review: May 23, 2019

DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM WEST ELM! FALL-APART-FURNITURE AND "ITS-YOUR-FAULT" customer service. Bought an expensive couch specifically because of the "featured buttons" on the cushions. Within months of receiving the couch, the buttons started to shed the fabric. We called with complaint, and it took them months.... MONTHS!... to ship replacement cushions. And then they required us to ship back the failed cushions before cancelling the charge against our credit card for the replacements! For an expensive couch from a company you thought you could trust. Now I can report the replacement cushion has failed just as quickly as the original. They sent the same lousy cushions they sold us with the original couch. Stay away. We'll NEVER go back.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I ordered a rug online from West Elm website. Where do I start? It took 3 months to deliver. Finally arrived yesterday and not only was it poor quality but was damaged with threads falling out all over. They charged me $40 for shipping which I did not know until after it was shipped. Worst of all, they refused to allow me to return it after one day in my possession! I will never order from this cheesy company again.

Original review: May 18, 2019

West Elm might be a good store, in person. But don’t order online. Horrendous customer service and delivery takes at least a month, not the 10 days they tell you when ordering. They actually told me that I have to work around their schedule, not mine.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I purchased a few items (1 bigger and a few smaller) 2 months ago, and still no delivery date. I was chasing the customer service in the last month almost every day, but they still have no answer why they couldn't deliver them yet. They don't have estimated delivery time either. It was an expensive order, so I thought I would have a better experience, but it was not the case. At the end I cancelled my order, because I don't want to waste more time calling them and listening the same thing, like they are waiting for the response from the dispatcher center. I mean they had 1 month at least to figure that out, but they couldn't. I can't see how is that possible not to get an answer from their dispatcher center in 1 month. I don't recommend this company to anyone. I wish I would do more research on them before making this purchase.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Custom ordered an Andes Sectional. Waited 10 weeks for production/delivery. I’ve had it a year and a half and it’s already falling apart. Seems to have missed a step in production. Contacted customer service and was told that there was nothing they could do. That this was “normal wear and tear”. Customer service representatives solution was for me to order a brand new one to replace the year and a half old one I already have, but choose a different model. Buyer Beware.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This sectional damages floors (laminate floors). Corresponding with West Elm is a nightmare. You can never reach them (I had to wait on the line for an hour and 23 minutes with no result). After 16 emails back and forth I finally get assigned to an insurance claim department BROADSPIRE, which is another nightmare. They never answer phones, they never return calls and if they write an email once in a blue moon, it is very general with no information about the resolution of the claim. I hate West Elm and I want them to burn in hell!

Original review: May 7, 2019

In good faith I ordered a Leesa mattress from West Elm on April 7, 2019. There was a promotion that stated "Upon purchase of the mattress you will receive a $50 promo code towards furniture." When the promo code didn't show up by end of day April 8, I contacted West Elm customer service. I was treated so badly and learned that the code isn't given until the mattress is DELIVERED. They also promise that the mattress is delivered within 4-7 days. It's been over a month and still no mattress. I continue to be treated horribly when I express concerns and disappointment. I remain shocked by this experience. West Elm has provided no resolution to date. At one point they promised the mattress to me at a discount (in writing) but now they're walking back their promise by failing to deliver it at all. Everything I am stating here is true.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I ordered an ottoman and received instead a side chair 5 days later. I called to return the incorrect item and get the correct item shipped. I was now given an estimate receiving the ottoman 13 days later. The only consolation I could get for my trouble was 10% back on the item, however not until the return was complete and my item was delivered.

It has now been a month since the original order and over 3 weeks since I returned the incorrect item. I have not received any follow-up or status emails, yet I do receive 2-3 marketing emails from West Elm per day. I called customer service again and after about 20 minutes of confusion, I'm told that the system says I will receive the ottoman in another 2 weeks, yet the customer service representative said that since they now have very limited quantities in stock, and since there was no official shipping notice, it's unlikely that I will actually receive it. To make things worse, the next time they expect to restock the item is 5 months out. The rep has no visibility into what is actually in stock and what the actual status of my order is. The only way to escalate the issue is for the rep to send an email to their supervisor, but that person also will not have visibility into the order status.

Again I was offered 10% off for the item, but I've already paid for something that West Elm seems to have no control over whether they can deliver it. Meanwhile on the West Elm website, anyone can still order this product with an expected delivery of 2-4 weeks. Given the information I just received, those orders don't stand a chance of being delivered for more than 5 months. Yet the website also shows that you can get one of the ottomans "made to order" with one of many upholstery options, in 9-12 weeks. In the age of Amazon 1-2 day Prime shipping, this is completely ridiculous. I think West Elm should be held accountable for the continued false advertising of the availability and estimated delivery time frames of their products. A simple search online shows that I'm far from the only one with this West Elm experience.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I recently visited a West Elm retail store and decided to purchase two leather chairs. When I looked at the chairs online, they were cheaper than in the store. So I ordered them online. I then called the store just to double check the pricing and they said they would match the online price. So I called West Elm online to cancel my order (this all happened on a Sunday so I knew they hadn’t processed my order yet). After a few calls (and unnecessary unpleasantness) they agreed to cancel the online order and I then purchased the chairs direct through the store. The chairs arrived 6 weeks ago and I am happy with them. But the online store has still not refunded me - after repeated follow ups. What is that about? And clearly the online store competes with the retail store (and undermines them) which seems very inappropriate.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Below is the list of issues I've had with a single order and still don't have a full grouping of nine picture frames that are not damaged.

1.) Ordered nine frames in January and six arrived damaged.
      2.) Received six new frames and one was damaged frame.
      3.) Received one picture frame and it was the wrong frame.
      4.) Placed order with customer service - after 3 weeks didn't receive product only to find our customer service didn't place the order.

5.) Received one picture frame and one was damaged.

Waited on phone for over two hours to speak with someone from leadership and get no resolution to my order.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Please keep in mind when you buy a sofa from West Elm that if any of the cushion covers needs to be washed, and the zipper happens to break on that cover, that it will be the biggest nightmare you've ever had trying to request a replacement cover. I have gone around and around in circles for 5 weeks now explaining the situation over and over again with many people in the West Elm Customer Service team and different departments trying to get resolution of this issue...and still do not have a clear pathway to resolution. The Quality department has been completely a cluster.

A bit more about our situation: We bought the Haven sectional sofa because the representative said it was a very durable fabric. She also said that if we needed to wash the cover ever that we would be able to very easily. So, we ended up getting a stain on the chaise slipcover and tried washing it as instructed. When we pulled it out of the washer, the zipper had broken...meaning we could not put the slipcover back on the chaise cushion. So, I call Customer Service, explain to them what happened and asked them if I could pay for a new slipcover. I was told that was not an option, that a request would need to be sent to the Quality department for a replacement.

I received an email immediately from the Quality department requesting photos of the cushion and the broken zipper, which I provided. Weeks go by, no word. I then have to call back, explain the situation again, provide the request #, and was told it had not yet been processed. I call back 5 days later, same deal. I call back a week later and finally reach an individual who was very kind and allowed me to explain the situation...yet again...to her. She then described this very convoluted lengthy replacement process and said that while she apologized that was their process and we would need to continue waiting. Another week goes by. I call back. And this time I reach a lovely lady named Jessica who then all the sudden tells me that yes, in fact, it is an option to request a new SKU number to see if a new slipcover is available, and if so we'll just order a new one.

Another week goes by, without hearing from anyone. I then get out of the blue an email from the Quality department saying they'd like to schedule pickup of our existing chaise cushion so that the zipper can be replaced. But this was not what we have ever asked for or wanted. What good would a fixed zipper be if the slipcover STILL has a stain on it? Not an option. So I called back yet again and was then finally escalated to a Supervisor to see what options exist for me. I can tell you two options that are not acceptable: 1) buying another $4000 couch, 2) replacing this zipper and still having a stained cover.

And while there have been some fine, friendly people on the other side of the phone during this process, NO ONE is truly helping me. 5 weeks since the original phone call and 5 separate phone calls later, I still have no resolution. I get that West Elm makes their furniture custom made, which is why their replacement process exists but seriously, this nightmare is not at all worth it. We have purchased over $8000 worth of furniture and items from West Elm in the last year and a half, but if this issue is not resolved I will never step foot into another West Elm store again, and will report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My saleswoman was wonderful. After waiting 6-8 weeks for my ‘custom’ made couch to be delivered I received half of the cushions I ordered and the other half were a different material! I have called West Elm and Williams and Sonoma, the saleswoman was not available, and I was told to email some strange address to which I received a response 4 days later. The response I received was, "We will contact you in 5-7 days." I haven’t heard anything since. I was charged a decent amount for my couch and I had to pay $300.00 to have it shipped. West Elm has nice stuff but their customer service is terrible and so is their response time. Absolutely no personal attention. I’m sorry I purchased my couch through this company.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Purchased a floating wall shelf from West Elm and had it delivered to my home. Item received does not match the product description or the photo - those show a dark walnut shelf with black brackets, item received was a medium brown shelf with silver brackets. While trying to return the item for what I feel was a misleading representation of what I ordered, spent over an hour talking to multiple agents, only to be told I can't receive a full refund. Despite the misleading description, I am responsible for shipping charges and my net refund will be less those costs. Not sure how it took an hour to arrive at a less than satisfactory resolution. I won't shop here ever again. Save your money and shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I have bought quite a few items to furnish a new home in the last six months and my daughter has too for her home. They claim on their website a flat rate shipping charge of $199 for furniture and other items which sounds great BUT recently when I tried to buy a collection of outdoor furniture for a few thousand dollars they told me the shipping would be $525. That's outrageous. Have they not heard of free shipping? What does a flat rate shipping charge of $199 mean to them? I thought the more I order the better the shipping deal. Not true. You would think they would welcome someone purchasing items costing thousands, but no, not West Elm. They would not lower the shipping cost below the $525. I called several people regarding this. When I ordered one dresser I had to pay $199 and so I did. But that doesn't work in my favor now. You can't have it both ways West Elm.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Customer service at both Pottery Barn and West Elm is horrendous. Multiple furniture orders have been completely botched. I waited 10 months for a chair ordered for my nursery. Another order was completely wrong on $5000 worth of merchandise. With every phone call to customer service you get a different runaround. Clearly it is not the fault of the people on the phone but the company for not investing in proper training and not caring enough about their customers to provide good service. Terrible experience. Shop elsewhere.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I ordered 2 curtain rods in December and I received 2 curtain rods however when reviewing my credit card statement I noticed I was charged twice so I was charged for 4 rods. I contacted West Elm and was told no problem they would process the refund so I waited. I never received the refund so I contacted them again and was told it takes more time so I waited. I contacted them today and they won't give me my money back that they stole from me... I have to dispute it with my credit card company. I was on the phone for more than 45 minutes to find this out. West Elm is as low as you can get... They owe me 126.80.

West Elm expert review by ConsumerAffairs

West Elm is a branch of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., that was founded in 2002. Ninety percent of their products are designed in-house from organic and sustainably sourced materials.

• Fair Trade Certified™: All of West Elm’s products are Fair Trade Certified™. Fair Trade is a movement that creates sustainable opportunities for workers through trade agreements. A percentage of product cost at West Elm is paid directly to a worker’s fund.

• West Elm LOCAL: The West Elm LOCAL program finds local workers and features their products in West Elm stores. This program builds local economies and grows small businesses.

• Design services: West Elm offers services like room planners, inspiration articles and consultations with stylists and designers. Costs for consultations can vary.

• West Elm blog: West Elm’s blog contains posts about company news, design trends, lifestyles and consumer profiles. The blog also contains links to guest features from publications like Architectural Digest and The Atlantic.

• Brand extensions: West Elm’s various branches include West Elm Workspace, West Elm Hotels and West Elm To the Trade. These groups focus on workspace products, hospitality products and trade deals for brands respectively.

• Best for: West Elm is best for businesses and consumers who want to support local workers and Fair Trade with their purchases.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs