Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.0/5 (65 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Plushbeds

Plushbeds is a mattress company that specializes in manufacturing latex mattresses. Its mattresses and products are made in the U.S. from eco-friendly organic latex. Plushbeds also makes memory foam mattresses and adjustable beds.

Pros

• Cooling latex
  • Durable
  • 25-year warranty
  • Nearly noiseless

Cons

• 30-day break-in period

Bottom Line

Plushbeds offers three lines of latex mattresses sure to satisfy even the most finicky sleepers. High-end materials help ensure a cooler sleep and a durable mattress.

Top Plushbeds Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I feel like it was a perfect fit, and it was different than other mattresses I have tried out before. I like how soft and very very relaxing it is. It feels nice to the touch. It ...

Verified

I rarely love any brand but this organic natural latex bed is a dream! We have recommended to family and friends and all love their beds as well. The price is more than a conventi...

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Plushbeds mattresses

Plushbeds sell high-end, quality mattresses at a competitive price. The mattresses feature latex for comfort, durability and a cooling night’s sleep. The Botanical Bliss and Natural Bliss lines are fully latex, while the Luxury Bliss Collection is a hybrid line with a mix of high-end latex and traditional innerspring technology. Mattresses can be returned after a 30-day break-in period, and the full trial lasts 100 nights. However, each Plushbeds mattress has a 25-year warranty.

120-night risk-free trial

Free shipping & returns

Hand-made in California

Plushbeds mattresses

Plushbeds mattress construction and materials

The Botanical Bliss Collection mattresses come in 9-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch designs. Each mattress has three layers of Dunlop latex and an organic cotton cover. The Natural Bliss Collection mattresses come in 6-inch, 8-inch and 10-inch options. Each has a latex core for support and an organic cotton cover. Four firmness settings are available. The Luxury Bliss mattress is a hybrid, meaning it combines modern materials with traditional innerspring technology. It’s 12 inches tall, has three inches of Dunlop latex over inner coils and is a medium firm mattress.

plushbeds materials

Plushbeds mattress comfort

Customers can easily adjust the firmness of any Botanical Bliss Collection mattress by switching the order of the layers. The three firmness options then, in effect, are Firm, Medium Firm or Medium. The Natural Bliss mattresses have one inch of Talalay latex in the 8-inch model and two inches in the 10-inch model. All mattresses offer pleasant conforming, and Plushbeds reviewers mention the mattresses may relieve some back and joint pain.

• Firmness: Plushbeds latex mattresses are available at the following firmness levels: 3.5, 5.5, 6 and 7.5. That’s a wide range that will accommodate most people’s preferences.
  • Sleeping position: Each of Plushbeds’ mattresses accommodates all three sleeping positions: side, back and stomach.
  • Motion transfer: Every Plushbeds mattress does a good job absorbing motion from someone getting up from the bed or turning in their sleep.
  • Edge support: The innersprings in the hybrid Luxury Bliss bed help make for excellent edge support. Edge support in the two fully latex mattresses is fair, and you can expect some sinkage.
  • Sleeping hot: The latex/innerspring Luxury Bliss sleeps very cool. The fully latex Botanical Bliss and Natural Bliss lines aren’t quite as cooling but still do a good job.

Plushbeds mattress prices

Plushbeds mattresses are built with premium, eco-friendly materials, including high-quality latex. For that reason, they sell at a higher price. However, they offer a superior night’s sleep. If you are looking for a high-end mattress that does its job well, Plushbeds are a good option.

Mattress sizeBotanical Bliss 9”Natural Bliss 6”Luxury Bliss
King$1,899$1,499$1,799
Split King$2,098$1,698$2,098
California King$1,899$1,499$1,799
Split California King$2,098N/AN/A

Are Plushbeds mattresses good?

Plushbeds mattresses are a great choice if you’re looking for a high-end, latex mattress made of the finest materials. Their three collections offer a variety of firmness options that will satisfy most people. You can also choose from various thickness levels. Plushbeds succeed in offering a durable, cooling and nearly silent mattresses.

Plushbeds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plushbeds?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

In less than a year, the mattress sagged over 1.5 inches. Both the mattress and platform were purchased at the same time. When I contacted customer service they first asked for a series of photos which I provided. Then they asked me (after putting the bed back together) to take the entire bed apart and measure each piece (since we have a king made up of two twins that equals 6 individual foam pieces and removing all bedding each time). In any case, they wore me out and I finally just accepted the fact that I was stuck with almost $5k of unacceptable mattresses. I would not recommend purchasing a mattress from this company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We had to save up for this mattress. We were sleeping on our brand new carpet in the bedroom, with a thick queen blanket for support. My husband and I never had any back in. We slept on the floor for over 12 months. Then we saw the sale and bought the Plush Beds Luxury Bliss Mattress, in the firmest option they have, which is the Medium Firm. Instantly upon arrival, we noticed the lack of structural support. Realizing this could just be an observation before putting it together, we went ahead and assembled in. As you see in other reviews, it comes in 2 pieces. We assembled and then put it on our new King Size bed.

Within 1 week you could see the indentations where we had slept, leaving this hump in the middle all the way down the bed. I weigh 110 and my husband weighs 140. We are small. Within the first week we both started to feel aches from it. My husband, who is quite fit and never has ever complained of aches or stiffness was complaining. My pain was more severe, intense. We both never had one ache or pain while sleeping on the floor! Isn't that crazy? This mattress is awful for support.

We have also tried to make it better by buying a very firm and filled mattress topper and putting a thick comforter on it. Nothing reduces the pain. We have also tried to watch TV in bed, while sitting upright against the headboard, but our derrière sinks into it, and it's a very uncomfortable feeling trying to watch TV. You feel like you are sinking. My back pain became very intense. So intense I couldn't reach to tie my shoes, from the pain.

I also remember that RIGHT after I checked out online, IMMEDIATELY a "PLEASE REVIEW US" Box shows up on the computer. I believe it said "to receive a free sheet set." We X'ed out, but immediately got a vibe that this is how they are getting so many good reviews, and that "I wonder if this mattress is really all that." Well, if you are on the fence of this mattress or another company's mattress, please spend the few extra hundred dollars and go with another brand. A little more now will save you a lot more pain later. I hope my experience can help you. Note about me: I exercise daily, am very fit, and young. My back pain is associated ONLY with this mattress.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

This has been my single worst experience with a mattress and customer service I’ve ever had. To start the mattress took longer than promised to receive. I ordered the three layer 12” mattress and it shipped in three separate packages with one box for the sheet set, a second box for the two top foam layers and mattress protector, then a third box for base foam layer and organic cotton mattress cover that zips the layers together (terrible concept). So you assemble the bed yourself. It is not easy to wrestle with latex foam by the way.

The real trouble came when the third box with the base foam layer and organic cotton cover never arrived, not once but TWICE when attempted to ship to my home. So for weeks we had two sets of two top latex foam layers (4 total). This was not the way the bed was meant to be so it was definitely uncomfortable, but it was the only “bed” we had while we waited for a solution. The only solution offered to us was to ship back what we had for a refund (the original boxes had been beat up and broken down and the foam was shrink-wrapped so that was impossible). We couldn’t send back this mattress without an entirely new mattress ready to go so we researched again and in the meantime, weeks go by, we get a random call from FedEx and delivery of the missing base layer and zipper cover. We finally had a complete mattress (without help from Plushbeds who threw their arms up after the second delivery attempt and second lost package).

Once we had the complete mattress it was again, very difficult to set up. Latex foam is bulky, doesn’t lay right, and sticks to each other. The mattress had an off gassing smell for a while (supposedly non-toxic…). And the mattress was too firm, definitely a lay on top of feel with no pressure relief and we are not small people. I had to do my own work to find someone reliable in customer service to speak to. Once I did, they were nice but dismissive (ie “This has never happened before”). Calls were answered very unprofessionally after hours. The whole experience and mattress itself has been terrible. I would most definitely not recommend Plushbeds.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I purchased the King size Botanical Bliss Mattress with the low profile foundation. The foundation was a glorified wooden pallet, with a loose ill-fitting cover. It was extremely noisy. The mattress was a medium- firmness. I am a 110 lb side sleeper and within a month's use, sags were permanently evident. The bed was too soft, noisy, and provided inadequate support. They say you can send it back, (HAH!). I don't know how you could roll, vacuum seal it and ship it. It would be prohibitively expensive. This was a total waste of money. The foundation was taken to the curb to be hauled away and I cut up the mattress to use for gardening cushions under my knees, with the bulk of it being thrown out on trash pick up day.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Mattress: One star for extreme discomfort (tried every configuration throughout my trial period). This is by far the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on in my life. Sleeping on a bed of needles would feel better than these slabs of latex. This bed cost me thousands of dollars in medical bills and I am still in pain. Customer Service: they do everything in their power to avoid you returning the mattress. They finally picked up the mattress and I was forced to call them to get them to process the credit. I noticed after 10 days they still didn't process the credit due to an "error". I have been threatened by this company that if I post anything that they determine is not 100% factual they will sue me. Can you believe that!? Avoid this company at all costs!

Original review: June 23, 2021

I would NOT recommend ordering from this company. The bedframe is delivered from a separate company and it arrived with the boxes falling open and wet. Luckily none of the product inside was wet. I was halfway through putting the bed frame together when I noticed that a piece of the headboard was snapped and broken at the top. There was a sheet of paper with the bed frame stating that damage during transport and delivery was not covered under warranty. I did not want to take the bed apart and call the company to fight with them to send me a new one after I had previously poor experience with their customer service.

I now have a very expensive broken bed frame straight out of the box. I am very disappointed with this company as all the reviews on the website were positive. I now realized after posting my own review that all reviews have to be "published" by the company themselves. Therefore all of the reviews on the website are useless. Nothing is returnable which how is that possible with an online retailer? Do not buy from this company! Waste of money.

Original review: May 13, 2021

-USED: I just received my Cooling Gel Memory Foam Topper - Twin / 2 inches x 1 and it was USED and had HAIR on it. It was yelling on one side. I've owned plenty of mattress toppers in my days. I'm very aware when it's yellow like this it's been used and that is just GROSS!

-MESSY and DEFECTIVE: To make it worse, the blue gel beads flake off the mattress topper and it was just a BIG MESS!

-HOT! For a cooling gel mattress topper it felt extremely hot. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING FROM PLUSHBEDS. From the box and packaging I could clearly tell this IS NOT a quality product and business. I WISH I could get my $211.00 dollars back but I didn't want to send it back for yet another person to deal with. It was garbage and thoroughly disgusting.

Original review: April 12, 2021

After much hassle in getting the bed, I have now slept on it 30+ days. I am awakened every few hours with pain on my hip and shoulder pressure points, because the mattress is so hard. I have previously owned a latex bed, and this was not my experience. As before, when you contact customer service, you cannot reach anyone. I have left a message, but no returned call. I paid $1449 for my mattress, (and that was $1,200 off) but now the price is $1049. That’s not a good sign either. I’m writing the review here, because that was the only way I got a response from Plushbeds previously.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I purchased a mattress on Feb. 21st. At this point in time I have no idea where it is or when it will be delivered. I made the huge mistake of signing up for and paying $299 for their White Glove set up service (only the set up service not the removal of my old mattress). All items have been delivered to the company they use for this service for over 4 days now and I haven’t heard from anyone regarding scheduling a delivery appointment. When I reached out to Plushbeds this was the response I got: “Please wait for the call from White Glove service to set the appointment for set up, delivery and removal. You may also contact them at (877) 305-8866 to give you further assistance.”

Well you can call the 877 yourself it’s basically just the 800 number for a nationwide company. I left them a voicemail but no one has called me back and I doubt very much they will be able to help. To make matters worse in my initial communications with Plushbeds I was informed that my delivery appointment would be scheduled for 03/05 so I disposed of my old mattress in preparation for this only to still be waiting for this delivery. At 36 weeks pregnant I’ve been sleeping on an air mattress that we had to purchase for weeks waiting for this delivery and I’m out of time. I need my mattress and no one can provide any information about where it is or when it will be delivered. Plushbeds has shown less than 0 care about this and it has hands down been the worst process I have ever had to endure from a company.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Ordered the mattress 1/31, and order said mattress would ship within 3-9 business days. No way to speak to anyone about your order by phone. Emailed after 10 bus. days, and got a “generic” response that was just like was stated on the order, 3-9 days. Emailed again, and got an actual response, but it said, “we’ve received so many orders that we are behind...your order will not be neglected.” It is now 1 month into the order, and no update, no confirmation of shipment, no mattress. If they manufacture such a “high end mattress,” I would EXPECT them to hire someone to answer the phone and respond to customers.

Plushbeds Company Information