2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Need a good mattress?

Plushbeds is a mattress company offering a line of three latex mattresses. These mattresses are known for their luxurious materials, durability and silence. Plushbeds also has several memory foam mattresses, toppers, adjustable beds and sleep accessories.

BOTTOM LINE

Plushbeds offers three lines of latex mattresses sure to satisfy even the most finicky sleepers. High-end materials help ensure a cooler sleep and a durable mattress.

PROS

• Cooling latex
    • Durable
    • 25-year warranty
    • Nearly noiseless

CONS

• 30-day break-in period

Top Plushbeds Reviews

I rarely love any brand but this organic natural latex bed is a dream! We have recommended to family and friends and all love their beds as well.

About Plushbeds mattresses

Plushbeds sell high-end, quality mattresses at a competitive price. The mattresses feature latex for comfort, durability and a cooling night’s sleep. The Botanical Bliss and Natural Bliss lines are fully latex, while the Luxury Bliss Collection is a hybrid line with a mix of high-end latex and traditional innerspring technology. Mattresses can be returned after a 30-day break-in period, and the full trial lasts 100 nights. However, each Plushbeds mattress has a 25-year warranty.

120-night risk-free trial

Free shipping & returns

Hand-made in California

Plushbeds mattress construction and materials

The Botanical Bliss Collection mattresses come in 9-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch designs. Each mattress has three layers of Dunlop latex and an organic cotton cover. The Natural Bliss Collection mattresses come in 6-inch, 8-inch and 10-inch options. Each has a latex core for support and an organic cotton cover. Four firmness settings are available. The Luxury Bliss mattress is a hybrid, meaning it combines modern materials with traditional innerspring technology. It’s 12 inches tall, has three inches of Dunlop latex over inner coils and is a medium firm mattress.

plushbeds materials

Plushbeds mattress comfort

Customers can easily adjust the firmness of any Botanical Bliss Collection mattress by switching the order of the layers. The three firmness options then, in effect, are Firm, Medium Firm or Medium. The Natural Bliss mattresses have one inch of Talalay latex in the 8-inch model and two inches in the 10-inch model. All mattresses offer pleasant conforming, and Plushbeds reviewers mention the mattresses may relieve some back and joint pain.

• Firmness: Plushbeds latex mattresses are available at the following firmness levels: 3.5, 5.5, 6 and 7.5. That’s a wide range that will accommodate most people’s preferences.
        • Sleeping position: Each of Plushbeds’ mattresses accommodates all three sleeping positions: side, back and stomach.
        • Motion transfer: Every Plushbeds mattress does a good job absorbing motion from someone getting up from the bed or turning in their sleep.
        • Edge support: The innersprings in the hybrid Luxury Bliss bed help make for excellent edge support. Edge support in the two fully latex mattresses is fair, and you can expect some sinkage.
        • Sleeping hot: The latex/innerspring Luxury Bliss sleeps very cool. The fully latex Botanical Bliss and Natural Bliss lines aren’t quite as cooling but still do a good job.

Plushbeds mattress prices

Plushbeds mattresses are built with premium, eco-friendly materials, including high-quality latex. For that reason, they sell at a higher price. However, they offer a superior night’s sleep. If you are looking for a high-end mattress that does its job well, Plushbeds are a good option.

Mattress sizeBotanical Bliss 9”Natural Bliss 6”Luxury Bliss
        King$1,899$1,499$1,799
        Split King$2,098$1,698$2,098
        California King$1,899$1,499$1,799
        Split California King$2,098N/AN/A

Are Plushbeds mattresses good?

Plushbeds mattresses are a great choice if you’re looking for a high-end, latex mattress made of the finest materials. Their three collections offer a variety of firmness options that will satisfy most people. You can also choose from various thickness levels. Plushbeds succeed in offering a durable, cooling and nearly silent mattresses.

Plushbeds Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I've spent literally months reading and researching why to buy a latex mattress and which one to buy. I started with Plush Beds and kept coming back to them. Why? Because as you get into the fine print of their competitors, you find inconsistencies regarding what exactly their beds are made of, or origin of the materials, etc. Plush Beds seemed to always be able to check off all the boxes for us. I tried emailing them for some questions I had and never received any response. When I finally decided what I wanted (Luxury Bliss, Medium Firm, Queen) I ordered it online without any problem. It arrived sooner than expected however the box was beat to **. The mattress was wrapped very tight in plastic and wasn't damaged. Setting it up was very easy as we had read from others how best to do it.

At first I thought it was too firm but after two months, I feel it is just right. Soft but not too soft with good support under the top layer of latex. Lateral movement from my wife is also not felt. They've changed the offer and reduced the amount of "free stuff" and thus the price is now $100 less than what I paid but I did receive two latex pillows (too small) and the mattress protector. All in all I feel we made a good choice initially and other reviews over more time seem to support this. We look forward to years of great sleep! Yes, we highly recommend the Luxury Bliss mattress!

Original review: March 2, 2019

This was one of my favorite mattresses I have ever slept on. They are extremely comfortable and after many uses, I see how much comfort is provided by this brand and their mattresses. However, they're very expensive and I only was able to use it when staying at a family members place and visiting them. I would improve the price, not everyone can afford it. If able to afford it, I would buy it completely on the spot. But everything that night while sleeping on it was great. I slept the longest I had in a very long time.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I went to the store to buy a mattress and it took what felt like forever. I tried numerous different mattresses and numerous different brand then finally I chose the one I bought as it was the best one I thought for myself. I had to choose a really good brand and type of mattress that I knew would be so comfy so I knew I could sleep well the whole night and I knew that I wouldn't wake up at all.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

This mattress was a promotional item which had money taken off and it felt like a superior brand of mattress. But I think the bed is way too high for an average person that is not tall. I do not believe an elderly person could get into this bed. And I believe a bed this tall should have guardrails. However, it reclines your head, it vibrates also giving you a back massage and it elevates your feet at night for maximum comfort. I also like the thread count of 300, it is what makes it extremely soft.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I feel like it was a perfect fit, and it was different than other mattresses I have tried out before. I like how soft and very very relaxing it is. It feels nice to the touch. It is easy to fall asleep on and get a good nights rest. But sometimes the mattress feel a bit more sunken in like you would fall straight through. It sinks in so far, it feels like a balloon that busted. Other than that, I really have no issues. It is well worth the money and it is one of the best purchases I ever made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plushbeds?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

HARD ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED: I did quite a bit of research on mattresses before buying this one and was really looking forward to our purchase. We've had a great mattress for the last 10 years, but it was time for an update as ours was wearing down. I was pretty excited for my new mattress and foundation to arrive. I did NOT expect to spend 90+ minutes assembling my foundation and mattress. The foundation is just rough pine 1x3's and 2x3's and you have to assemble it. It isn't like you are building it from scratch, because some pieces are stapled together, but it does NOT come with instructions and the wood is not smooth (MY WIFE GOT A NASTY SPLINTER). You have to put the cover on it, too, which is a pain and there are no instructions. The mattress comes in 7 pieces and you have to put it all together - without instructions. Each piece of latex is very heavy and pieces of latex will get all over the place. It is not fun.

HARD BED - OUR BACKS ARE TIGHT AND HURTING BAD: I haven't had that bad of sleep since sleeping on a camp cot meant. It is not soft, even in the softest configuration. If you are looking for a bed compared to your old plush or pillow top mattress then YOU DON'T WANT THIS BED. It is very firm even in the softest arrangement.

RETURNS ARE EVEN HARDER: You can't speak to anyone in America - their phone system is designed to avoid conversation and it is out outsourced call center. If you want to return the mattress within 30 days it will cost you $100

RETURNS ARE A MASSIVE PAIN: If you decide that the frustration of assembly and the discomfort of the mattress is not worth the high price then if you try to return it within the first 30 days then you will have to pay $99 (NOT FREE RETURN IN FIRST 30 DAYS). Furthermore, there is no way to get the mattress back in the original boxes, because they arrive compressed. However, Plushbeds.com REQUIRES THAT YOU BOX UP ALL THE MATTRESS PIECES and you have to buy the boxes to return them in. It is a nightmare.

BEWARE OF FALSE ADVERTISING: Their $1200 off and $400 in free accessories is a scam. The sale is a rolling sale and every time it expires they just change the date - don't fall for it. Next, the accessories are very low quality and if you open any of them and return the mattress then you have to pay $99 since they won't take opened items back. The box mattress is a complete rip-off and they don't allow you to return it. Furthermore, TRY TO CLICK ON THE REVIEW LINK next to the foundation and you will see it is a fake image and there are no 5-star reviews on the item. It's $30 worth of wood and they charge $400 for it. Next, they say "sets up in minutes" but they don't tell you it is 90-120 minutes. And finally, they don't make it clear that you will have to assemble everything or box everything back up if you decide to return the items. This company will be out of business within 5 years and that 25 year warranty will be useless...

Hi Nathan,

We're sorry you had a difficult experience setting up your foundation and mattress. We regret that instructions were not included. We do, however, have customer service representatives standing by to help walk you through the process of assembly. While it takes a few minutes on average, like a bell curve, there is a full spectrum of users - some take a shorter time on setup, while others take a little longer. Please call a representative, who will be happy to help, at 1-888-758-7423.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have 6 Latex pillows on beds in my home and LOVE them....I ordered two king size solid latex pillows from Plushbeds ($99/each on sale) and they are lightweight (they should be substantial), flimsy (you can encircle the whole pillow with one hand), and compress to the width of a piece of paper. The return policy is literally an asterisk at the very bottom of the FAQ mattress page which prohibits any return of any product outside of a full size mattress for specific circumstances. These are the poorest quality pillows and nothing like the dreamy sleep waiting for you with quality latex pillows...find those, don't waste your time, $$ or lost sleep on these.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your feedback. You are correct in your assertion that solid latex pillows are more substantial than that which is pictured. You may have erroneously received the shredded latex pillows, which are designed to allow the user to be able to fluff and mold the pillow. Please call us (1-888-758-7423) so that we can correct the order, and ship out the solid latex pillows.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

This mattress is very plush & soft but also supportive so you do not sink into the mattress. I am very happy with it. I look forward to going to bed every night. I recommend the medium mattress for other side sleepers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I initially thought that this would just be a normal mattress with different name. It truly lives up to its claim. It's very comfortable to sleep in and I had great support. I can consider this probably as one of my best investments. I highly recommend this product!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

This is by far the most I’ve ever paid for a mattress and the worst one I’ve ever slept on. It was fine until about 6 months in. Other latex mattresses I’ve had in the past have been great so we did our research and decided to spare no expense for what we thought was the best brand in the market. I could not have been more wrong! The manufacturer offers a warranty for 100 days because that’s how long it lasts. After that, the only customer service you’ll receive is their offer to send you additional layers to assemble yourself. All of which will give you the exact same result... a terrible night's sleep. Stay as far away from PlushBeds as possible! A mattress that costs this much should last longer than 6 months.

Plushbeds response

We regret to hear that your experience with our mattress was not a positive one. This sounds like a comfort issue (either too firm or too soft). This is why our mattresses have a zippered cover, and are designed with separate layers inside, that can be rearranged in differing configurations according to firmness level. You can also, within the first hundred nights, request a comfort layer exchange. Please call us at 1-888-758-7423 with any concerns or questions, for a more complete resolution.

Not sure about Plushbeds?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mattress for you.

Plushbeds Company Information