2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.35/5

Plushbeds is a mattress company that specializes in manufacturing latex mattresses. Its mattresses and products are made in the U.S. from eco-friendly organic latex. Plushbeds also makes memory foam mattresses and adjustable beds.

BOTTOM LINE

Plushbeds offers three lines of latex mattresses sure to satisfy even the most finicky sleepers. High-end materials help ensure a cooler sleep and a durable mattress.

PROS

• Cooling latex
  • Durable
  • 25-year warranty
  • Nearly noiseless

CONS

• 30-day break-in period

Top Plushbeds Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plushbeds?

I feel like it was a perfect fit, and it was different than other mattresses I have tried out before. I like how soft and very very relaxing it is. It feels nice to the touch. It is easy to fall asleep on and get a good nights rest.

I rarely love any brand but this organic natural latex bed is a dream! We have recommended to family and friends and all love their beds as well. The price is more than a conventional bed, but priceless when one has the best night’s sleep.

Plushbeds Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

About Plushbeds mattresses

Plushbeds sell high-end, quality mattresses at a competitive price. The mattresses feature latex for comfort, durability and a cooling night’s sleep. The Botanical Bliss and Natural Bliss lines are fully latex, while the Luxury Bliss Collection is a hybrid line with a mix of high-end latex and traditional innerspring technology. Mattresses can be returned after a 30-day break-in period, and the full trial lasts 100 nights. However, each Plushbeds mattress has a 25-year warranty.

120-night risk-free trial

Free shipping & returns

Hand-made in California

Plushbeds mattresses

Plushbeds mattress construction and materials

The Botanical Bliss Collection mattresses come in 9-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch designs. Each mattress has three layers of Dunlop latex and an organic cotton cover. The Natural Bliss Collection mattresses come in 6-inch, 8-inch and 10-inch options. Each has a latex core for support and an organic cotton cover. Four firmness settings are available. The Luxury Bliss mattress is a hybrid, meaning it combines modern materials with traditional innerspring technology. It’s 12 inches tall, has three inches of Dunlop latex over inner coils and is a medium firm mattress.

plushbeds materials

Plushbeds mattress comfort

Customers can easily adjust the firmness of any Botanical Bliss Collection mattress by switching the order of the layers. The three firmness options then, in effect, are Firm, Medium Firm or Medium. The Natural Bliss mattresses have one inch of Talalay latex in the 8-inch model and two inches in the 10-inch model. All mattresses offer pleasant conforming, and Plushbeds reviewers mention the mattresses may relieve some back and joint pain.

• Firmness: Plushbeds latex mattresses are available at the following firmness levels: 3.5, 5.5, 6 and 7.5. That’s a wide range that will accommodate most people’s preferences.
  • Sleeping position: Each of Plushbeds’ mattresses accommodates all three sleeping positions: side, back and stomach.
  • Motion transfer: Every Plushbeds mattress does a good job absorbing motion from someone getting up from the bed or turning in their sleep.
  • Edge support: The innersprings in the hybrid Luxury Bliss bed help make for excellent edge support. Edge support in the two fully latex mattresses is fair, and you can expect some sinkage.
  • Sleeping hot: The latex/innerspring Luxury Bliss sleeps very cool. The fully latex Botanical Bliss and Natural Bliss lines aren’t quite as cooling but still do a good job.

Plushbeds mattress prices

Plushbeds mattresses are built with premium, eco-friendly materials, including high-quality latex. For that reason, they sell at a higher price. However, they offer a superior night’s sleep. If you are looking for a high-end mattress that does its job well, Plushbeds are a good option.

Mattress sizeBotanical Bliss 9”Natural Bliss 6”Luxury Bliss
King$1,899$1,499$1,799
Split King$2,098$1,698$2,098
California King$1,899$1,499$1,799
Split California King$2,098N/AN/A

Are Plushbeds mattresses good?

Plushbeds mattresses are a great choice if you’re looking for a high-end, latex mattress made of the finest materials. Their three collections offer a variety of firmness options that will satisfy most people. You can also choose from various thickness levels. Plushbeds succeed in offering a durable, cooling and nearly silent mattresses.

Plushbeds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Plushbeds?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I experienced excellent CS with Plushbeds. I changed a bed sheets order twice. I also cancelled a queen wool mattress topper on the last day of the guidelines due to unexpected issues. All above changes and the corresponding adjustment to my charge card were handled immediately. (Was really looking forward to the wool topper) They have a phone contact, email contact and a chat on the website.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Beautiful mattresses. Very well made with high quality organic materials and excellent craftsmanship. Customer service is really amazing - they go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. Highly recommended. I called the customer service line and got Klaus who is very knowledgeable about their product and helped me to decide which mattress and what firmness will be best for me and after placing the order he ensured that everything on the whole transaction will be smooth and after a few weeks I got my mattress and tried it for a few nights. Never in my whole life I slept as comfortable as I was on that first few nights! This product and their whole team is truly a work of art. I will surely endorse this to my friends and relatives! Thanks, PlushBeds!!

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I absolutely love this bed! Just the right amount of plush comfort and support. I highly recommend the Botanical Bliss organic mattress. It's perfect and healthy. I also recommend their 100% organic sheets. They are amazing too!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I did a lot of research, looking for a pure, organic mattress for my husband and I and our 2 daughters. After months of research, we found PlushBeds to be the best brand for our needs. We purchased 3 Botanical Bliss Organic Mattresses and we are very happy with them. My husband and I were able to customize the firmness on each side of our bed which is nice and my daughters were able to select a firmness that is perfect for them. The mattresses arrived within one week and they are very comfortable. They conform to your body and they cushion your body too. The best part is sleeping healthy every night, knowing that all of the materials are certified organic - GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX and GREENGUARD GOLD and that they handcraft and customize each mattress in their certified organic production facility. Excellent Buying Experience!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I've spent literally months reading and researching why to buy a latex mattress and which one to buy. I started with Plush Beds and kept coming back to them. Why? Because as you get into the fine print of their competitors, you find inconsistencies regarding what exactly their beds are made of, or origin of the materials, etc. Plush Beds seemed to always be able to check off all the boxes for us. I tried emailing them for some questions I had and never received any response. When I finally decided what I wanted (Luxury Bliss, Medium Firm, Queen) I ordered it online without any problem. It arrived sooner than expected however the box was beat to **. The mattress was wrapped very tight in plastic and wasn't damaged. Setting it up was very easy as we had read from others how best to do it.

At first I thought it was too firm but after two months, I feel it is just right. Soft but not too soft with good support under the top layer of latex. Lateral movement from my wife is also not felt. They've changed the offer and reduced the amount of "free stuff" and thus the price is now $100 less than what I paid but I did receive two latex pillows (too small) and the mattress protector. All in all I feel we made a good choice initially and other reviews over more time seem to support this. We look forward to years of great sleep! Yes, we highly recommend the Luxury Bliss mattress!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Update to last review. When you purchase an item from Plush Beds, be sure it's exactly what you want. They have a no return policy on many items (used, I can understand). However, I believe you should be able to exchange an unopened item for a different size or color. Their answer was no. So if you purchase something and you want to exchange it or it just doesn't fit the bill, you're stuck with what you got. Needless to say I won't do any more business with Plush Beds.

Resolution response: Oct. 9, 2020

I'm coming back to my review after the company reached out to me to rectify the amount of return. I'd like to update my review by saying this is a great company to purchase from. They have the eco integrity we are all looking for these days, and they do make quality products. I value any company which is attempting to have service integrity as well. The pillow was not as firm as I thought it would be based on the descriptor, but some of that is a personal preference for loft not a criticism of the company nor its products. It's still my opinion that the descriptor should be updated to more accurately define the loft on the pillows.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I've had latex pillows for years and needed to replace two. Though I'd purchased from another company previously, I bought 2 Plushbed pillows because they were on sale, and they appeared to be like the ones I'd purchased some years before. I bought two pillows described as firm, which they were not even remotely. They were very soft. When I emailed the company I was told they would not be paying for the return, despite the fact of misrepresentation of the product. I paid $158 for both pillows and was refunded $128. I would caution anyone considering these pillows or this company, to consider another for pillows. I find that practice to be unsavory, particularly during these financially insecure times for many.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

My experience with the company has not been stellar. I purchased 2 latex pillows and on arrival pulled one out of the package. They are overly lightweight for latex pillows ( I have used latex pillows for 40+ years and was purchasing these as a gift) and offered little support. I can gather the pillow up around the center with one hand - very little substance to the entire pillow. I contacted to initiate a return and learned they do not take returns on pillows, toppers, etc. It does not matter if they were unused. How are you supposed to know you will be happy with something, sight unseen? Nothing stated on the product page itself about non-returnable item. You must look for it on the Shipping and Returns page. Last sentence in the Returns section and it does not stand out. Reviews are all 4 stars and above on the product page. It shows there are some 3 star reviews but I cannot find them.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Warranty is 25 years. Our Plushbed was 7 years old when I said it was saggy in the middle. I had to take pictures with ruler showing it sagged more than 1 & 1/2". They sent me a topper. It sagged again shortly after. I sent new photos & now they want me to take each layer off & measure every piece. Not easy at 70 yrs old. We said we would buy a NEW bed with a discount instead. My husband hasn't slept in this bed for over a year. They say they will get back to me. I've called back many times for updates & receive none. Always, "I'll have my boss call or the support will call back". Never happens! They placate me EVERY time I call with, "She'll get back to you." Terrible support team.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Customer service is really amazing - they go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy. Highly recommended. Thumbs up!! Outstanding quality organic mattresses, bedding and company. Will surely recommend this to all my friends and family.

Plushbeds Company Information