Call toll free
4.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

477 Neptune Society Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Replied to USPS and 2 weeks ago and scheduled my seat. Drove 20+ miles to venue and arrived 15 minutes early. Diner staff said this Neptune bunch from Charlotte had canceled the seminar. I had no prior notice. Waste of my tie and gas. Elder abuse?

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Over 5 years ago my parents bought with Neptune. My dad didn't want us to be stuck paying for his cremation and services. He paid them 1800.00 in full. He passed away 8/14/2018 and was cremated. Yet this week my mom was informed Neptune refuses to pay. Why? Because he passed away in Oregon. They have locations nationwide. There is a home office in Portland 6 hours away from my mom. Mom is 76 years old and had to watch her husband slowly die in her living room. She doesn't deserve this company to take away the peace of mind that dad paid to give her. Thank you. I just had to write this! I want others to know before buying.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My mother was very impressed with Neptune Society and with the services so I talked it over with my husband, and we decided to look into it. A woman came to our home and we liked her and the presentation. There was no pressure at all and it just seemed like a really good idea. We both got the travel insurance because we liked to travel and the fact that we wouldn’t have to ship a body back from wherever it was we were, I thought that was good and it seemed affordable. After my husband passed away and when I finally had to take care of his ashes and go through all the stuff that you have to go through, they made it very easy and simple. It was very positive under the circumstances.

Neptune Society response

Theodora, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Denver team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I received a flyer in the mail which advertised the services of the Neptune Society. I'm only 58 but it's never too late to plan ahead so I requested a catalog. The postpaid card provided two request options: Request a catalog and/or request a phone call. I selected the catalog option but did not check the phone call option. I already know I want to be cremated and at this point I'm reviewing companies. I didn't want a call.

A representative of the company called the evening of 09-04. He began the call almost immediately by wanting to set up a time to come over. He repeated this several times throughout the call and was quite aggressive. He almost immediately tried to sell me on setting up a payment plan. I tried to tell him several times I was just shopping but he was pretty adamant about coming over. I finally had to forcefully tell him that I didn't need him to come over. I just wanted a catalog. He said he could email it faster but I he never did. Based on this experience I will never utilize the services of the Neptune Society.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Buyer beware! We were referred by a friend and when we met with the sales rep she presented their offering without full disclosure about the cost of the cremation service and the additional cost for a box to put the remains in. They lump the two together and tell you it will cost only $35 a month. What we weren't told was that the box cost $1300! It's not worth anywhere near that and you can buy a very nice urn or box on Amazon for a fraction of that. Had we known that we were paying $1300 for a cheap box, we never would've agreed to buy it but it was never presented as an option. When I called about returning it, I was told it was beyond the 30 day period to get a refund. When I explained that the sales rep misrepresented the cost of the box, they could care less and wouldn't refund our money. If you are looking into this service, get all the facts before signing anything!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Alvin handled all of my arrangements with the utmost care and respect. I did all my arrangements while in the state of FL. When my son's ashes were ready he personally delivered his remains to a close family friend for me. Alvin called me many times to answer questions and to make recommendations. I thank you for helping me ease some of my pain. I give you the highest of references.

Neptune Society response

Hi Barbara, thank you so much for sharing your experience online. We are very sorry for the loss of your son. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Alvin and the full Neptune Society team, we thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that all of the arrangements were handled with the utmost care, love, and respect. Please know that we are always here to help.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I called National Cremation Society and Neptune got back to me first. Their team helped me out and they made sure I had whatever I needed. They always returned calls as well. Jason, the person who I worked with, did a great job too. We tried to get their preplanning services, but we didn't have the time and it just didn't work out. Still, I was very satisfied with Neptune. They were very good and they would bend over backwards.

Neptune Society response

Hi Laura, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you call us and we call you back and that we were able to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jason and the Fort Myers team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Sara ** was very helpful when we were planning and making arrangements for my brother's remains. I appreciate her making it easier at a difficult time. She and others in the office answered questions and gave us directions since we were from Texas we did not know where to go to take care of my brother's things. They went beyond just doing their jobs. We appreciated all they did for us. Wonderful people caring and helpful. Thank you.

Neptune Society response

Shirley, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and hearing your experience online with Sara. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that our wonderful service was caring and helpful and that we went beyond your expectations. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Neptune Society was very professional and caring. They went above and beyond to help us with our needs when my father passed away. This is always such a difficult time in one's life, but Amy Delery was there to help us through. She was great and handled everything for us! I would highly recommend Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Sherry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Amy and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Very pleasant experience with all personnel. Lisa ** was extremely helpful and informative during the initial contact with your company. I feel the price was fair and approached in a proper way. Overall, A one service.

Neptune Society response

Hello Philip, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of Lisa and Neptune Society, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Neptune Society was highly recommended and they're close to the house, so my husband and I went down there one day. My husband wanted to be cremated, and we went in and bought a package. When he died on July 23rd, we used it and we were very pleased. The people were very nice, considerate and sympathetic.

Neptune Society response

Carolyn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience over the phone. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Patti ** (independent sales representative) arrived at our home on time. She explained how the Neptune Society process for cremation works and answered all the question my wife and I asked. She was very professional and easy to talk with.

Neptune Society response

Joseph, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with Patti and her professionalism. Also, we are honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Pompano, FL office.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

It took a week to get the paperwork needed to me to even begin the process of obtaining the death certificate and cremation. My mom passed on September 3 and I’m told some time next week it will be scheduled. When I called to speak to the person handling my paperwork to see if it was received I was told she wasn’t in and they didn’t know when she’d be returning. Said someone would call, no one called so I asked for the manager who finally got everything going.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had read about Neptune from a couple places, and it seemed like if your wish was to be cremated, that would be the best way to go about it without any unnecessary falderal. We called them and they sent a saleslady over. She explained it all to us very clearly and gave us all the options, and we thought that it was a wise thing to do. It would keep our kids from having to deal with all of that so we signed up. When my husband died, I was asked at the hospital who our funeral director was and I said Neptune Society, and that was all I had to do. I didn’t have to do anything until I went to pick up the ashes, which I wouldn’t have had to do if I didn’t choose to. It's a good way to peacefully disappear.

Neptune Society response

Hi Dorothy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your husband chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Fort Myers team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

The Neptune Society has always had an impeccable reputation and now I know why. The process was easy and effortless. This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time and I am glad that I chose the Neptune Society for my cremation service.

Neptune Society response

Jose, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with our easy and effortless process. It is our honor that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Pompano, FL office.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I am so glad I responded to the letter I got in the mail. It is a great service offered for a good price and takes the emotion out of it for family members. Jay was very professional yet personable. He did very well explaining what is offered. It wasn't pressured at all. I feel accomplished making that decision. Thank you.

Neptune Society response

Hi Suzette, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jay and the Atlanta team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. Take care and we are also glad you responded to the letter in the mail.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Handling my brothers final affairs was stressful for me. Neptune Society was so easy to communicate with. They also explained the process in a way that showed they care about what I was going through. Monica, our representative, was so helpful and quick to respond when I had questions. I don’t think I could have handled it without her.

Neptune Society response

Jean, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Monica and the Houston team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our communication and services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Upon some of our friends telling us about Neptune Society we called to make an appointment to go in. My wife and I met with Jill who was very nice and provided a lot of information that convinced us to purchase. This helped us to avoid our kids the expense of a funeral etc. We were very pleased with the whole procedure. Then in August we decided to purchase a plan for my sister-in-law who is in a nursing home with medical issues and can't walk. We thought this would be best since we had her husband cremated years ago since they have no way to pay for a funeral. In this case Paula took real good care of us and we purchased another one for her. We are very pleased with the way all was handled and how we were treated. We also have recommended Neptune to some of our family and friends at our senior center. Thank you Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Stephen, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and that the procedure. It is our honor to know that we were able to help you with your pre-planning and the one of your sister-in-law. On behalf of Paula and the Palatine team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of North Chicago, IL office.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

At a time when you can’t think, your head hurts from crying so much, it’s nice to have this taken care of beforehand by your loved one who cared enough about you to do it in advance. The day after Mom passed, my husband and I called Neptune and took care of this so our son won’t have more to think about at a time that is too draining to begin with. What a great gift.

Neptune Society response

Hi Christy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We also would like to welcome you and your husband. We are happy to have you as one of our customers. Putting arrangements in place is always a very thoughtful gift to your loved ones in the future. we are glad that you both took those steps. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Phoenix, AZ office.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Absolutely amazing service from the first phone call to when I received the remains. Laura ** I can't thank you enough for your timely emails and constant follow thru. As my only point of contact you helped me navigate and make decisions effectively and relived the stress of knowing what all needed to be done. My family and I can't thank you enough. My Dad was quite a character and would have certainly approved with a "Good Job" thumbs up!

Neptune Society response

Hi John, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. On behalf of Laura, we appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

The service I got with the Neptune Society was first-rate. The director was compassionate and kind and very careful and efficient. The experience was excellent- as good as it could possibly be considering the circumstances.

Neptune Society response

Pam, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have nothing but good things to say about Neptune Society. We've been thinking about cremation services and there was a box that said, “Check to see about veteran’s benefits.” I did that and we got started with them. Their preplanning service was handy and convenient, and it worked out. The rep who I worked with was great. I enjoyed talking with her as she offered hope. I was also impressed with her because she explained the process to me as we went along and I was happy with that. Since my wife was cremated here in Phoenix, Arizona and her remains were shipped to Oregon, I thought that it would get screwed up, but it didn't. Everything worked just the way Neptune said it would--no screw-ups, no added cost, and no hidden fees. I would recommend Neptune to anybody who wants to pre-plan their demise.

Neptune Society response

Hello Floyd, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your wife. On behalf of Neptune Society and the Phoenix Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to put a pre-plan in place and we are also glad that we took care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your wife and that her cremated remains made it to Oregon with no issues.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Our son recently passed away and we contacted the Neptune Society of Plano, TX. We were connected with Timothy Andrew **. Timothy respectfully guided us through the many steps regarding the arrangements for our son. Since our son lived out of town; we would like to thank Timothy ** and Martin Funeral Home of El Paso, TX for helping us with a very special and important request.

Neptune Society response

Hi Kimberley, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your son. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Timothy and the Plano team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Everything has been wonderful with Neptune Society. We let their men come and talk to us and so we went ahead and ordered. I also have the rep in Salt Lake who's been the most helpful. We took the option of paying the services beforehand, he told us how much it would be, and we paid. We’re very happy with Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Patricia, we really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our representative and the pre-arrangement services and that we were able to help you and your family.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Back in 2009, my mother-in-law died in California and I was in Washington. The hospital in Palm Springs, California recommended Neptune Society, I got a hold of them there and they took care of everything. I handled the whole thing from Washington and it was real smooth. They even shipped her ashes and we got it delivered to the right cemetery. My wife died here and Neptune really helped me out a lot this time as well. They’re good and they were all local here so I didn’t have to go to California. When I die, that’s what my kids will take. They’ll take care of me with Neptune. I would highly recommend them and I know some other people who are gonna use Neptune because of what I told them.

Neptune Society response

Hello Brian, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your wife. We are honored that you and your family have chosen us to take care of your mother-in-law and your wife's cremation needs during difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your wife!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

My husband decided Neptune Society was a good thing because it was to do with the military and he wanted to be cremated. Since we already had the plan, I didn’t have to try to figure things out and get somebody to tell me, “Oh, you need this for your husband. You need that,” under such emotional circumstances. It was already settled the way we wanted it and the way Rob wanted it. So I was very pleased with it and I’m sure he would have been pleased too. Russell was also very good at keeping up with me and making sure that everything went well and that I didn't have any problems. I could also call if I needed anything. So he did a great job. Everything went very smoothly. Under the circumstances, it was the best one could expect. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My father died in 2007. He used Neptune Society's services. In the past few months, I have received mail solicitation after solicitation after solicitation in HIS name to my home, telling HIM he should consider their services. I have asked and asked and asked them to stop this. He died 11 years ago, and every time I get one of those solicitations, it just opens all the wounds. This is evil and unprofessional and completely horrible. I wish I could sue them for pain and suffering. They are an awful, ridiculous company. How on earth do I make them stop this torture?

Neptune Society response

Kerri, No problem I understand. Just keep in mind that this is a private chat, not public. Once I received your contact information I will process removal and confirm with your the full removal within minutes. If you feel more comfortable you can always email the exact information as it is written on the mailer to Online.Reviews@scidirect-us.com. For the reason that this is a private window, I didn't offer this email above (I apologize). Thank you for your time.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My husband's friend signed up with Neptune Society and told him about it. We also researched online and we were very impressed with Neptune's services. When my husband passed, all I had to do was hand someone a card and it was all taken care of. All it was was a phone call. Everyone was wonderful, kind and as helpful as could be. Any questions that I had or anything were all handled nicely. I am also signed up so when the time comes, I know that my children will not have to deal with any of it and it will all be great.

Neptune Society response

Hi Margaret, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your husband had chosen us to help you through this difficult time. We are glad that you were satisfied with our wonderful, kind service and that we were able to handle everything nicely for you and your family. Take care.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

A friend told me about Neptune Society and everything was fine in my experience with them. My husband was cremated. Joseph took care of me wonderfully. He explained things and he was patient and understanding.

Neptune Society response

Annette, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Joseph and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The Neptune Society came and picked up my husband and were very nice. Gave us to time to say goodbye. They were very helpful and gave me all the info I asked for in a timely manner. I have recommended them to others. It was a easy process.

Neptune Society response

Hi Lynn, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time.

Neptune Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

• Best for: those planning for cremation, those needing immediate service and families of veterans.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information