Call toll free
4.38/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

562 Neptune Society Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 12, 2019

My deceased partner passed away at home. The police department warned me that it may take 20 hours for the coroner to pick her up. He also advised me to go look at the will if she had one. When I did that, I found the Neptune Society folder that she had pre-planned, and they were here within an hour and a half, muchly relieving the situation of having a dead one on the floor. So magnificent.

A man and a woman came and both were terribly sensitive. When the woman I love is laying dead on the floor, I noticed the people who picked her up were respectful, kind and considerate. I spoke to Jennifer, and I went down to the office a couple of times. She delivered me the ashes also. I give her the highest possible grade for human relations. I don't know how she can do that job everyday. She helped me through all the details. I even made a couple of additional purchases, a little vase and a picture frame to put ashes in, and they were delivered intact and on time and that was wonderful. She also helped me arranged to get the temporary death certificates to begin closing the estate down. But we have seen no final death certificate with the cause of death on it. That's not her, that's the coroner. But she gave me one wonderful piece of advice.

She said a lot of times, people in my situation have swiss cheese for brains, and it could not have described me better. My thinking is working, but I have holes in my rationales. And that really helped me two days later get a handle on everything and why I was so messed up over it. So, I applaud her more than the pick-up people. The situation went smoothly even more than I could have anticipated if I had known there was arrangements. But once I found the arrangements, it was a dream come true. In fact, they have called me and asked me to speak to a potential customer, and I have related the same thing I'm telling now. I'm a veteran myself, so all of that is taken care of. But if I wasn't, I'd be buying something from Neptune Society tomorrow. I heartily endorse the product and the people, and kudos to Jennifer. Thank you to Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Hello Ron, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your wife. On behalf of Jennifer and her Sherman Oaks Team, we are honored that you chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your wife!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My stepfather had Neptune, and when he passed, they were amazing. He also bought Neptune for my mom when they got married, and she recently passed. My husband and I both joined Neptune now because their compassion and caring for everyone are wonderful. From the top to the bottom, we had an outstanding experience. They never once belittled us. They made us feel like we were their family and it was their family that was also passing. It was an amazing adventure.

We liked how fast they were. Mom passed away on a Sunday. We went on Monday to sign the papers for the death certificate, and by Wednesday, we had the death certificate, we had the prayer cards laminated, and we had her ashes all by Wednesday. It was phenomenal. When Neptune came to the home to get mom’s body, I could not have been so pleased. No one at Neptune knew that quilt was her favorite blanket, and no one knew there that her favorite flowers were purple. So, when they came to pick her up, they said that they had brought in a gurney. She was in the bedroom and they wanted to know if we wanted them to stop so we could say our goodbyes. I said, “Absolutely not. We already said our goodbyes. You can just go ahead and take her.”

I saw them bring the gurney in but I didn’t really pay attention. But I asked a nurse from Hope Hospice if they were putting her in a black bag because I didn’t wanna see that. I have seen others do that. The nurse went out to their car and asked them if they were putting her in a black bag, and they told us it was actually clear. I said, “Oh, that’s even worse.” But when they came in with a gurney, they went on in to the bedroom and they were very polite. They asked, “Is it okay if we enter the room?” And when they came out, they did not put her in either bag. They had a sheet that they were able to wrap her in, and then they had a quilt. It’s green trimmed and it was just like a bed of purple flowers that was draped over her. It could not have been more perfect, more beautiful, and more peaceful to watch her go out that way. I was in amazement and so was my oldest daughter.

We were able to take advantage of Neptune’s preplanning services as well. We have them take out $50 a month, both for my husband and I. We only have another year to pay on it. My oldest daughter also got information to talk with her husband about it. I am telling every single person I know about how wonderful, how compassionate, and how loving and caring everyone at Neptune made us feel, and how fast they worked to accommodate us.

Neptune Society response

Hello Brenda, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of the Fort Myers Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother!

Original review: July 26, 2018

After the sudden loss of my son, my daughter and I were looking for a company to arrange for him to be cremated as soon as possible so that we could lay him to rest and get through the hardest day of our lives. It may have not made sense to anyone but us at the time why we wanted this all to be done so quickly but with the stress and heartbreak of everything, we were wanting one ounce of closure and arranging for all of this to be done as soon as possible helped us achieve that. We contacted another company in San Antonio initially but they were so cold and robotic when talking to us about the process and told us it would not be possible to have what we needed done in less than two weeks. We were hurting and felt alone in the process and were looking for some guidance since we had never experienced something so tragic and didn't know the steps to take to get everything arranged for the funeral.

We then found Neptune Society and my daughter spoke with an employee named Callahan - this changed everything for us. She was kind, soft-spoken, empathetic, and dedicated to making what we needed happen. She called us several times to check in and update us on the process and spoke to her superior about the timeline of what we needed done and they made the impossible possible. I am so incredibly grateful I found this company who truly cares about their clients and who's respect for such delicate matters is unmatched. The darkest time in my life was lightened when they stepped in to take some of the weight off of my shoulders and I will forever cherish that. I recommend their services to anyone looking for a compassionate team that dedicates themselves to bettering the lives of those who are experiencing unmeasurable pain. Thank you Neptune Society and namely, Callahan, for all of your help and sensitivity.

Neptune Society response

Hello Lori, we would first like to express our condolences for your son's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Please know that we are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Callaghan and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times. On behalf of Callaghan and the San Antonio team of Neptune Society, we thank you for your kind words. Take care.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My father pre-arranged everything with Neptune Society and we just had to call them when he passed. They sent some lovely people to the house who very respectfully and lovingly took his body out to their van. The two people were very helpful and gave us plenty of time to say goodbye. My father was cremated and arrangements were made for us to take his ashes along with my mom's which he had saved for to go in the same time as her. The person in the actual office in San Pedro where we did the business and picked up the urn was a woman named Anna. She was very helpful and I was able to reach her by phone when I had questions.

The Port of Los Angeles is an enormous port and the little berth where the boat that takes people out for distributing ashes at sea was along a piece of property owned by the Harbor Department. That property was under construction. So, we were sick and nervous about where we were going to go because we had people coming from out of town to get on that boat. Still, as soon as they had relocation, Neptune sent us the information and a flyer to email to the relatives. Everybody panicked when that happened. Neptune took care of it and said that they would be out there. They were able to move the thing closer to San Pedro, closer to home where we were going to eat afterward. It was all very nice. There have been people who have talked to me and I've told them that if they are going to be cremated, Neptune is the way to go.

Neptune Society response

Hello Paula, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Anna and the San Pedro team of Neptune Society, we understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take Care.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Our grandfather who has passed for some years signed up for one of the advanced programs at Neptune when he was in his mid-80's. Also, at that time, my mom who was very close with my grandfather worked in Mental Health Counseling at Florida Gulf Coast University in the Naples area. She ran a grief group for the university. They linked up with Neptune Society and created a charitable, fundraising relationship. Neptune sponsored a series of her events on campus related to death and grieving. So, my mother was involved with all the people at the Neptune office and knew them all very well.

My mother died 100% unexpectedly and very suddenly. Neptune Society was very understanding of our position that we had done zero planning for my mother's passing and were very helpful. We didn't pre-shop for urn receptacles and other stuff. However, it would be nice if their offerings for what to be purchased were explained or offered online. We had asked to do it via email. Still, we didn't end up knowing what things were going to cost and what we could do when it went up to the physical location which was an hour away. An easier shopping experience would be great. Still, we were able to rely on them to educate us as we went to a point where we didn't feel like we were being hoodwinked or that we were being taken advantage of which can be common in the death industry as people could be grieving.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mr. Guerico, we would first like to express our condolences for your mother's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take Care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Original review: May 17, 2019

Neptune took care of my husband. We joined them when they first started up about 10 years ago. We went by their price and we wanted cremation. We didn’t want my husband to be buried in a casket. My son, Brad, did everything for me and we’ve been very happy. Everything Neptune said they would do, they did. They followed through what the two salesmen said when they came out to the house. There were no hitches. I’m gonna be buried by Neptune, too.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2019

Elaine ** is one of the most Insensitive and unprofessional people I have ever encountered. My mother purchased a preneed policy from Neptune Society when she lived in San Francisco some years back. Just prior to her passing a few weeks ago I contacted the Stockton office since she had relocated to Stockton where I live. When I called initially I was put on hold for over eight minutes and when I brought the hold time to Elaine's attention she rudely denied it had been that long and offered no apology. The website says the Stockton office offered funeral services and she informed me that they did not, so I contacted the customer service with the main office and was told that the policy was transferable.

My mother paid for direct cremation and our family wanted a funeral, so I used a local funeral home. I was horrified to find out that Elaine called the mortuary two hours prior to my mother's funeral service and told them that they would not be paid for their services. When I called customer service once again to find out what was going on, I was told by a very nice representative that they were in fact going to pay the funeral home, and that the policy we had was not an irrevocable trust and could indeed be transferred to an outside mortuary. The representative was nice enough to also send an email to the mortuary verifying our conversation. So we made it through my mother's funeral service.

To my surprise, The next day I received another call from the mortuary informing me that they had received another call From Elaine after receiving the email and she told him again that they would not be paid. When I followed up and called Elaine she told me that Neptune does not pay third parties and the other mortuary would not be paid. Needless to say the fiasco two hours prior to my mother's funeral service, which was caused by Elaine, and the calls the day prior were very upsetting to me. When I called customer service at the corporate office again they graciously conference called with me and the local mortuary, assuring us that the check would be cut as soon as my mother's death certificate was received.

They also said that they would be contacting Elaine right away and she never should have called anyone. Needless to say I would never do business with the Stockton office or refer anyone To them for any type of service at all. Elaine **'s lack of professionalism and insensitivity in our time of grief was very offensive. I am however grateful for the compassionate, thorough and thoughtful service I received from the corporate office as they sorted through the mess made by Elaine ** and the Stockton office

Neptune Society response

Monica, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your mother. Neptune Society of Northern California always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with the minor confusion from our office. It is our understanding that our corporate office customer service team did help you and was able to resolve this situation and also was able to put you and your family at ease. We are very sorry that this happened. We treat every deceased loved one as if they were our own family member. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and for not meeting your expectations.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 12, 2019

My wife and I took out contracts in 2007. This look like a way to plan for the future. Cremation with ashes scattered Pacific Ocean Southern California. We live in Texas. Cremated Remains were scattered at Sea off the Coast of Oregon? Do not understand How A Company with years of experience could not think about the feelings of all the people involved. R W **

Neptune Society response

Ralph, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your wife. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with our poor lack of attention to detail. It is our understanding that our Regional Manager did reach out to you and apologized to you and your family for our mistake and took full blame of the situation and was able to resolve this concern with you. Please know that we are very sorry that this happened. We treat every deceased loved one as if they were our own family member. Please understand that we listen to all criticism and take steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Neptune Society came to my aid very quickly and professionally, and helped me over a bad time. That was my son, my only child, and my brother who worked for a mortuary down in Tustin, California told me to call Neptune Society because they were really good. And Neptune has done very well. I just called them and they took care of everything. I didn't worry about anything. I'm very satisfied. They were also extremely professional and they treated me well. It was like they knew me and my family. They really cared about me. There was extremely heartfelt emotion and genuine care. They are good people and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My brother was satisfied with Neptune Society so I went with them as well. The rep that I dealt with was wonderful. She listened and she was very efficient. She knew exactly what needed to be done, and she told me what needed to be done. She did the thing she said she would do.

Original review: May 3, 2019

My husband and I prepaid cremation plans with the Neptune Society 20 years ago. So far things have been very easy with them since my husband died in late April 2019. Our son, who is here from New Zealand only for a week, went with me to the facility a few days ago to sign papers and make arrangements, and our meeting with Jimmy went well. He was friendly, efficient and professional. My only concern is needing to drive back there in another week or two to pick up my husband's remains and death certificates, but that is a problem with government bureaucracy and not with the Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mary, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of Jimmy and the Plantation Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your husband!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

Los Angeles, CA. It took 18 days for them to cremate my mom. They never returned phone calls. I had to call every other day to get updates poor customer service. My parent pre bought this service 10 years ago. I would never recommend this company to anyone. I have posted my on many sites to my friends my dissatisfaction on the Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Gail, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your mother. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for the mistakes that you encountered. It is our understanding that our office Funeral Director has been in contact with you and has taken responsibility for your poor experience with the minor delays, and that your concerns have been resolved. Again, we are very sorry that this happened. We treat every deceased loved one as if they were our own family member. We listen to all criticism and respond by taking steps to ensure the errors aren't repeated. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Original review: April 27, 2019

My aunt told me about Neptune Society. She had set up the services with them many years ago before she passed away. It was excellent dealing with the Neptune team, especially Patrick down in LA who was great. He was efficient, caring and very professional. The pre-planned services relieved me of having to do anything.

Neptune Society response

Renee, please accept our condolences on the passing of your aunt. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Patrick and his amazing professional, caring, and efficient service for the families that he takes into his arms during these difficult times.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Neptune Society was absolutely great. I couldn’t ask for anybody better. The reps were very responsive, very knowledgeable. They empathized with my situation. They offered solutions, and every phone call I made up there, they answered. I didn’t have to be put on hold, etc. My emails, my faxes, everything were answered very promptly, so I couldn’t be happier.

Neptune Society response

Gary, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Louisville team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our responsive and sensitive services during this difficult time.

Original review: April 22, 2019

My father-in-law had already made the arrangements with Neptune Society way before he died. The whole experience with them was positive. There was one man in Miami who was our connection with Neptune. He lived in Bay Harbor and he was fabulous. But the thing that we didn't know was that the process was not quite as simple as it was advertised. Although they made it sound like one call was needed and everything had been taken care of, it really wasn't one call but a whole bunch of calls. Then, gradually, things got taken care of. Nonetheless, the best part about the pre-planned services was that these were already planned. My father-in-law had already done the planning. The arrangements had already been done and taken care of, so we didn't have to make them at that time.

Neptune Society response

Hi Joan, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My parents had prepaid arrangements with Neptune Society. My father died in 2015 and my mother in 2016, both in the Los Angeles area. We made one call to the Neptune Society 800 number and they were there to pick up the bodies within two hours. It was extremely easy. We then completed the paperwork for cremation and purchased death certificates through the Neptune Society. I highly recommend the Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Douglas, our condolences are always with you for the passing of your parents. We are honored to hear that we satisfied you with our services and that we were able to help you during those types of difficult moments. We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your experience online and for your kind words. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My husband was 26 and 1/2 years older than me and I had buried a lot of people. He thought that I had done enough staring that he went and got his cremation paid for and done through the Neptune Society. We paid Neptune off but they tried to charge a $500 interest. I had to tell my husband that he gotta go back there. So, we got our $500 penalty that they tried to give us for nothing. I don’t think my husband knew that there was another cremation service but it worked out well. We have been free of the burden from when he passed away. His son came and asked me about Neptune. He was thinking about doing something like that because he has a daughter. I recommend Neptune Society. I don’t know another and don’t care to because Neptune did a wonderful job.

Neptune was nicer than a funeral home experience that I had where the way that the funeral director acted made me want to buy a funeral home just so I could not treat people like that. However, I found out that you gotta go to a school and do all these things in order to do that. The people at Neptune were very nice. They had a section where I could buy something if I wanted to but they weren’t pushy about it at all. They were more concerned about my needs and they were very good. They were very helpful in this difficult time. I’ve heard some horror stories so I’m trying to get people better information. People are asking about Neptune and I might go over there and get some cards from that guy and pass them out. Anything that could help you through a situation like that is a plus.

Neptune Society response

Hello Tearesa, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of Neptune Society, we are honored that your husband chose us to take care of his cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My mom died 52 days ago. Initially, I was relieved when I found out she had pre-arranged her cremation. But everything after the mortuary picking her up has been a nightmare. Did the required paperwork, no biggie. I had to ask multiple time for them to send me an invoice for the charges I was responsible for (permit/extra death certificates). I provided my credit card information for the charges on 2/28/19. To this day I have not received the copies of the death certificates (my card was JUST charged on 3/28). Supposedly, the "order was placed" with the Vital Records but I have called the past two days in a row and they have nothing.

If you are unable to provide a service...don't offer it. I would have preferred to keep my money and go buy them myself, but when I first talked to them it seemed like I would be saving a step, BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I had to go buy one so that I could file the will with the court in the required 30 day time frame. Also, after getting FRUSTRATED yesterday, I finally got a call TODAY (52 days later) that my mom's remains are ready to get picked up. I guess I should have gotten mad a lot sooner. Apparently, their "systems have been" and their phone systems have been down. What a fail in service. The rep has been apologetic with the circumstances (calling from his cell because their phones don't work), but that doesn't help with the added stress during an already SUPER stressful time.

Neptune Society response

Melanie, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your mother. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for the mistakes that you encountered. It is our understanding that our office manager has been in contact with you and has taken responsibility for your poor experience with our services, and that your concerns have been resolved. Again, we are very sorry that this happened. We treat every deceased loved one as if they were our own family member. We listen to all criticism and respond by taking steps to ensure the errors aren’t repeated. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Shannon was a beacon of light during some of the darkest days of my life after losing my mom unexpectedly. She was very warm and kind, responded promptly to emails and calls, was professional, and really helped us honor my mom and her life. I was out of town when my mom died and even though she wasn’t embalmed due to being cremated, they made my mom look natural and beautiful - exactly like herself - so I could say good-bye. This wasn’t part of the original plan so it was extra special that they were able to do this so I could see her one last time. Shannon was very organized and did a great job walking us through many tasks both in preparation of the memorial as well as tasks that needed attention afterwards. The memorial keepsakes are lovely, too. I am grateful our family had such a positive, easy experience during such a tragic time.

Neptune Society response

Hello Jen, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of Shannon and her Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during these tough moments, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Sarah at the Neptune in Lyndon, Kentucky was very wonderful. In fact, everyone was wonderful. We live close to the location and the hospitality of the environment was the reason I chose them.

Neptune Society response

Hello Ariel, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with Sara and her full team for their professional and kind services. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Neptune Society is the best thing. Their service was for my parents. It was so much peace of mind having nothing more than a phone number to call. They were very efficient, prompt and courteous. Any information I needed, they were right there to help me with. My husband feels like he doesn't wanna do it, but I'm thinking it would be a savings because I'm sure their prices increase, but they don't charge more after we pay. I highly recommend Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Bettina, please accept our condolences on the passing of your parents. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Kansas City, MO. I have received the worst customer service from Neptune multiple times. The first time was the day after my father passed away, a sales rep called me and discussed cremation options. I discussed with her that we had picked a funeral home and burial service already and when I told her who it was she proceeded to tell me I was making a bad decision and that I should do my research before I found one. She was very rude and blunt and disrespectful to me when I was mourning my father.

The next experience I had was with a call center rep who just called me a month after the death of my father and wanted my business. I said, "No thank you. We had the funeral weeks ago". She then yelled and said then don't submit a interest card (I sent that in A MONTH AGO). The 3rd situation was with a receptionist who just took my call and gave me a 1-888-624-3310 to call if I had a complaint, I asked for a supervisor a manager and all she said was she doesn't have anyone that I can talk to. TERRIBLE COMPANY WHO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS, ALL IT IS ABOUT IS MONEY!!!!

Neptune Society response

Kelsey, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your father. Neptune Society always works to create comfort, peace of mind, and relieve the burden, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced during your first contact with one of our representatives. That is not how we want our company to operate and I could see how that experience would give you a bad impression. It is our understanding that our sales manager did reach out to you to personally extend his apologies. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and for not meeting your expectations.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Neptune Society seems to be an established long-term service and I've had nothing but prompt decision to courteous service. We've been members over the last 20 years and I'm more than satisfied with them. I have it set up for my 93-year-old mother and I also recommended it for my aunt who passed in January. The manager, the woman who dealt with me in Reno, was really phenomenal. She was really helpful, compassionate and very efficient.

Neptune Society response

Carolyn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your aunt. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our Reno Office and staff for their services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The people at Neptune were professional and very helpful. Nicholas, in particular, was great. I had a really good experience with him. Neptune did a really good job for us and I'm real pleased with everything. My mother passed away in February but my dad passed away back in 2002 so we experienced their professionalism then also. I would highly recommend them.

Neptune Society response

Donna, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really thank you for your time and appreciate your feedback. Nicholas and the San Pedro team of Neptune Society, are grateful for you sharing your experience online. It is an honor to know that we have taken really good care of your parents and that you are satisfied with our professional services during this difficult time.

Original review: March 17, 2019

At Neptune, I experienced excellent customer service. Their reps were very easy to deal with and they walked me through all the steps I needed to know.

Neptune Society response

Caryn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our representatives for their professional services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Neptune Society was efficient. Steve likes the way they excellently handled everything. They were also very professional and compassionate. I thank Neptune Society for taking care of his wishes.

Neptune Society response

Irene, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our professional and compassionate services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My husband and I prepaid our cremation over 10 yrs ago. Brilliant move. Hubby died feb in ucla hospital. I walked out of his hospital room. Neptune Society stepped in and took it from there. Carolyn ** was my rep. She contacted me at every step letting me know if any info was needed and/or what progress had been made. At this horrible time she was compassionate and professional and got it done so smoothly. My friends and family so impressed they are signing up. Would highly recommend to everyone.

Neptune Society response

Sheila, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Carolyn and the Sherman Oaks team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with her compassion and professionalism services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I did a research, and Neptune Society had good reviews. I also had a coworker who also had Neptune. And she said that she also had heard good reviews. So, that was good enough for me and I reached out to them. They have a professional staff, and they also have people there that are bilingual. So, even if there are people speaking Spanish, they have someone there who can also translate and assist in anything that they need. The team at Neptune was super. They were very sympathetic, very considerate and the best you can expect in untimely and unfortunate situations. I highly recommend them.

Neptune Society response

Hello Edward, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of the Plantation Team, we are honored that you chose us to take care of their cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your loved one!

Original review: March 7, 2019

We have decided on cremation and when we talked to the representative there was no pressure and she was able to answer all our questions and then some. We revived our items quickly that we have to fulfill. We are very happy that we decided using Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Steven, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Jacksonville, FL office.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I got a very good referral for Neptune Society and I had very good feedback from other customers. I had a friend, a neighbor, and another person who also experienced the care of Neptune. First, I inquired about them two years ago in Fort Myers and I had a great experience learning from them and talking with two different people. Then when I realized that my husband was gonna die in New Jersey, I called them to ask them what they could do if I were going to bring his body to a funeral home and also who to contact in New Jersey to look at services from the New Jersey end. The guy was right on it and got everything sorted out for me.

In the end, the Neptune guy was the best person I know that I dealt with and I had a wonderful experience. I felt like what I chose was exactly what I wanted and that he was so accommodating to me. He actually lived in a town next to me. Normally I could be expected to go to their office to do some things or sign certain things but he was willing to come to me because he lived so close. And we just did that after hours. So, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I've also already recommended him to other people in New Jersey.

Neptune Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information