toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

My daughter and I flew from Fl. to San Fran. Had news my son was on life support. His wife or he made no plans for "death". I have Neptune so, with my help she contacted a rep. She came to the hotel room where we were staying. Lovely woman. So professional with concern. My son was taken off life support 3 days later. Hospital's Organ donation team, just great, so comforting to us. He was cremated.

We all went to the Neptunes' place of business (gorgeous old temple-like, domed building), spoke with Noel, had all of my son's info. Back next 4 days all the paperwork was done. Death certificates - they pay for first 2. We ordered jewelry, which they put his ashes in. His ashes were scattered from the Neptune's boat. Supplied flowers, gentleman to speak. This took place in S.F. Bay underneath the Golden Gate bridge. I was unable to attend, although his sister, wife, and friends were there. Could not say enough of good things of the whole experience on the worst day of my life. June 19th.

My daughter took care of all the arrangements with Trident for my deceased husband's cremation. The staff at the Fremont location acted very unprofessional. Once she gave her debit card number to pay off my husband's account and then they sent thru the required signed paperwork (which my daughter sent back very promptly), they were very slow in any action my daughter tried to communicate with them for. Emails went unanswered, she had to resend them. Phone call messages were left and many times she had to call and recall again. They FINALLY sent my husband's cremains to the family home one month later after he was cremated. And then there were errors in doing this process. I will never refer this company to anyone I know.

Factual basis uncertain

I was very dissatisfied. The person we dealt with, I suppose in an effort to be cheerful, was completely unprofessional and inappropriate. I have continued to receive emails despite asking not to be contacted. I'm not sure we had a choice, but if we did, I wish we'd found another entity.

Once I notified Neptune Society of my loss, the staff was there to answer my questions, to guide me through the process of notifications and give me the options for the final processing of the Neptune Society options. I also have the program and have all of the confidence in the support that my Children will receive upon my passing. Obviously it was a difficult process, but I knew I always had a source to call for any questions I might have. I'm extremely satisfied with the Neptune Society program.

My mother passed away rather suddenly, and I had to rush from Seattle to the Twin Cities to make arrangements. I was upset and overwhelmed in those moments. Abby at Neptune was responsive, thorough and attentive. She did not pressure me to make extraneous decisions and seemed concerned about my well-being. I found the pricing affordable and would recommend Neptune to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Factual basis uncertain

In reading these reviews, I realize we are just another victim of the Neptune Society. My father died 25 days ago while visiting in Arizona. After Neptune had possession of his body, we were told it would be 12 days before he could be cremated, which turned into 2 1/2 weeks. We also got a lame excuse why his ashes never showed up at the cemetery -- "sent to the wrong address" and returned to the Mesa office. Perhaps they should have googled the address of the only cemetery in this Montana town.

We haven't received a death certificate either, so we are paralyzed in getting anything legal regarding his death accomplished. How can we possible make plans for a funeral? Neptune doesn't do anything for people that any mortuary couldn't do and they would be happy to ship the ashes wherever anybody wants, and they handle the death certificate as well. Don't waste your money, this company has been a cruel scam played on our family at a very difficult time.

My mother, sadly, made no final arrangements for herself and also left no insurance to pay for it, so the decision was left to me. My mother-in-law recommended Neptune Society, as she herself has a pkg on herself. It sounded like a great idea; it was affordable for my mom, and when the time came, the details would be already taken care of. My mother passed one week ago today, and I'm here to tell you that I am disheartened and very disappointed in the handling of my mom's arrangements. First, Neptune's driver who picked up the body, Aron **, never called me or my husband when he was leaving with her body from the nursing home. (We had been at the home when she passed, a total of like 6 hrs. We live 5 min from there, and went home to eat etc...and not have to wait another 2 hrs there before someone could arrive.)

We were supposed to be called when he arrived there, to sign paper work etc...but the guy never called. He just took off with her! I called the home 2 hrs after she died, and was told that she had already been picked up and was gone!! So I called the 800 number, and that was aggravating to explain the situation and try to track down 'who' had picked up her body, and 'where' she was being taken! My mother had just died...that's traumatic enough, without having to deal with this on top of it, and it was very unprofessional of the driver not to call, and IRRESPONSIBLE!! Finally I was able to speak to Joanna ** of the Tempe, AZ office, who told me she was at the Bethany Hills location, and that she would call me in the morning to take care of arrangements. 11:30 am comes and goes, and no phone call from her. I call, and of course she's on the other line.

She calls back, and is only on the phone 5 mins with me and tells me she needs to hang up because she has to tend to a family who just walked in. She calls back again, and we arrange to meet later that day. At the mtg, we do paper work, and I find out there is charge for doing the necessary ID VIEW of my mom's body. But, she says, because of the way things were handled with the driver, she waived the fee (damn right). Then I find out my mom's not even at Bethany Hills, that she's at a Mesa, AZ location. We're left in the office for her to 'copy paperwork', and we're sitting for like 10 mins. I ask the secretary where she went, and she goes back to get her. She comes back and says she's just getting up from her desk. Ok. We wait another 10 min and still she hasn't come out. (There was only a handful of papers to copy in the first place.)

The secretary goes back again, and comes back saying she was on the phone. When she comes back she makes the excuse that she's 'so busy'. (When I'M ON THE PHONE with her, she's attending to other families. When I'M AT THE OFFICE, she's on the phone with other people!) Ok, so then we make an appt for today, for the ID VIEW, (the day we WANTED, interfered with HER dentist appt). She said she'd call and confirm the day before...but did she? NO of course not. I called and left a VM, and still, I received no call. I have to call, again, can't talk to her of course, and find out from the secretary, that the time for it isn't even the time we had arranged, and if I hadn't called, I probably would have missed her (on account of being 1/2 hr late.)

I'm interested to see how this will go, let alone the actual cremation and receiving her ashes. If I had gone ahead with a traditional burial, she'd have already been in the ground 3-4 days after death. It's 7 days later and she's in a morgue somewhere, not even cremated yet, and on top of that, after today, I have to wait another 3-5 days to actually have her ashes in hand.

My husband died on Dec 8th. The Neptune Society out of Spokane Wa sent the paperwork for his cremation to the wrong address. I had given our p.o. box number to them several times. After our attorney contacted them I finally got the paperwork and the cremation took place almost a month after he passed away. I contacted them a week ago asking for the death certificate and they said they would mail it out last Wednesday. I still have not received it. I am very frustrated. I should not have to be going through this at all.

Our uncle died 4 weeks ago. The uncle had prepaid arrangements with Neptune Society for cremation. They picked up the body on the day he died. Here we are 4 weeks later and the Sherman Oaks, CA office of Neptune will not even speak with us as to the status of his cremation. We cannot plan anything for services or... Also, in regards to estate administration without death certificates or notification to Social Security the administrative issues of dealing with continued payments on Social Security and Pensions Plans are piling up (repayment etc. ).

Every day phones calls are made and if someone answers there is never a straight answer. They will not respond to email as well. So what are we to do at 4 weeks and counting. Even a good faith estimate of a month of when he will be cremated would help for planning! How long can Neptune hold a body without cremating. He was 92 years when he died of natural causes, a WWII veteran. How do you plan a service with people from out of state, etc. I hope many people read this and advise others to avoid this publicly traded company that is only profit driven and truly does not care about dignity in death.

I like the facts I got about cremation and Neptune. My Neptune cremation plan takes care of me traveling out of state, out of the country including cruises and if we move again to another state. We did our plan and glad it's done.

I regret giving them my name and phone number. I was just looking for prices and information and they will not give over the phone. They would not stop calling me to the point where I felt harassed and stalked by their salespeople. I finally told them I would report them and the calls stopped, but the mailing started. We ended up choosing All-States Cremation because they actually told us their prices (and they are easy to find on their website). They were half the price of Neptune just look up Neptune's problems with the State of Colorado for cheating consumers.

I got great information, no pressure and treated with respect.

I cannot believe what these yokels have put me through. I called for information as in printed material. I got at least four calls from a gentleman. I returned 2 of those, stating that I was looking for written material, as in a brochure. Apparently, you have to set an appointment for that & I was unusually busy & out of town. I don't want to purchase anything, I am exploring options. Today, I got a call months after first contact, they would have a rep in the area so I set an appointment. Then 2 hours later, I get a call from a gentleman who makes a false statement about my previous experience, then asks if I am really interested. WTF? I am not really interested this is why I am going to let a strange person into my home? He proceeds to tell me about the killer traffic. I guess I will be looking elsewhere for my final arrangements & I guess that reef will remain with 2 less containers! Very unprofessional.

While researching cremation options tried to contact this company. They requested callback number, that triggered relentless barrage of hard sell calls. When I blocked their local number they put my number on a robocalling system which is now also blocked but continues to call me multiple times daily.

Southern Cal Neptune -- stay away. These people don't know what they are doing. My father died on April Fool's Day and he must have been a fool to pay these people money. I will give Neptune the fact that it took 5 days for the LA County M.E. to release the body, so it really is more like 4 weeks. The latest was yesterday when "the ashes have been shipped and you will have them tomorrow." That would be today, but wait -- "Oh the mailman came late yesterday"-- so the ashes are STILL AT NEPTUNE. All I can say is I have never been invited to a funeral more than a month after someone died. The management of the company should be fired.

I was lied to from the start from the sales person. Was told that I would be able to be cremated in Madison WI even with the office in Milwaukee. They sold the Neptune in WI to a funeral home. We were never told. They charge twice as much do to this and now they say I have to have a company take my or my husband's body to Milwaukee for cremation. When I try to contact them they will not work with me. I would like a full refund from them.

Neptune... when they are selling the policy they will tell you "yes, no need to worry, EVERY THING is taken care of". When you or your spouse pass on all the details are done. Neptune will pick up the body from anywhere in the world, transport it to the nearest crematorium... the ashes will be dispensed per the deceased instructions as stated here. My husband passed, unexpectedly, yesterday. I gave the hospital his Neptune card... nurse came back 15-30 min. later... said our town was not a pick-up area! When I and a friend with me since I was too upset told her what the terms were, she made another call... 1 or so hour later she came back said she was told she had spoken to a "new" employee, our town was within a nearby (1 and half hours away) pickup. They would do the transport. This was 7:30 AM. At 3-4 PM same day I received a phone call... I needed to come over there (1 1/2 hr drive) to sign papers before they could cremate him!

I don't know anyone in this community, my children are 9 hours away, I am in hysterics... Nobody can drive me over... he is already over there waiting for me... dear god what to do?? Next morning I call, request to speak to the manager of the Las Vegas Neptune Office on 8570 Del Webb Blvd... I am still waiting, crying and waiting to hear from these horrible people... DO NOT PURCHASE FROM NEPTUNE if you are trying to make it easier for those left behind... try donating your body to science... it will probably be easier.

Factual basis uncertain

In preparation for a death I do not fear, I phoned the Neptune Society of Northern California and spoke with a woman named Sharon. I told her I had questions and that I did not require a face to face meeting. Sharon was appropriately polite and receptive, and answered questions to the best of her ability. When my questions were answered, I kindly thanked her and told her I had all the information I needed. But Sharon wasn't ready to let me go. She then proceeded, more enthusiastically than anything else she had explained, to tell me about what was basically a death 'sale', telling me that if I latched onto the present going price (sale), my children and grandchildren could be covered under the same sale and would get to be cremated for free if they died before me! Wow!! What a deal, Sharon!

As a vital older woman, triathlete, doctor, professor/scholar, hearing that kind of stupidly presented sales pitch, efforting to hold me on the phone by repeating how I could cover the costs of the deaths of my children and grandchildren, I was only increasingly appalled by Sharon's obvious lack of awareness of appropriate behavior, which I attribute to vulgar ignorance. I would never associate myself with an organization that supports such behavior.

I have been reading some of the negative reviews for this company. Our experience with this company was wonderful. My father-in-law had Neptune pre-arranged service and when he passed (3-2012), all we had to do was call the phone number & within just a few hours, someone from a local mortuary was here to take care of his body. We live 125 miles away from the local office of Neptune and this was late at night that all of this was achieved. We felt that they handled everything very. Death certificate & copies were mailed to us within a few days as well. My husband did have to make an appointment to pick up his father's ashes, but just assumed that was a normal procedure. They would have shipped the ashes to our location as well, but my husband wanted to pick them up. Planning on purchasing the same service for my husband and myself.

My father passed away Dec. of 2015. Almost two months later have not received the death certificates we paid for. Family cannot conduct any financial or legal affairs for our father. Everything we try to do requires a death certificate. We called the Vegas Neptune Society repeatedly and no one can answer as to why. Now they must be tired of us because now they won't even return my call.

Every two weeks I receive mails from this company asking me to "Protect Your Veteran's Benefits". First the source of contacts is either bad or they don't care. I am not a veteran. Second I contact them, told them I am not a veteran, nor am I interested in their services. I requested they stop sending me information. I am still receiving letters every two weeks. I called again and get a voice mail, no one is ever in the Austin office. I would never trust this business with a loved one's remains.

I was contacted yesterday by a sales lady saying she wanted to drop off some info. I agreed, but later changed my mind and called her back. Her number that appeared on my caller I.D. turned out to be no longer in service as reported by Verizon wireless. I went to the Neptune Society web contact page and instead of a telephone number they published "FD #1359". Whatever that is?

The bottom line is, why should I trust a company that hides their contact info? I contacted our local police department and they said they want to interview her when she shows up, and that is what's going to happen. Even if she turns out to be a legitimate employee, why use a fraudulent caller ID? Oh, she doesn't want people calling her? Well I don't either! I have not been able to get much sleep anticipating what might happen when she arrives.

My Dad passed away in July of this year. He had a Neptune Society cremation plan. The Austin, TX branch was wonderful. They took care of everything including sending my Dad's remains to the Summerfield, FL branch so we could bury him in FL where we live. The Summerfield office only has one employee according to the person I spoke to on the phone. I wanted to pick up the urn on the way to the cemetery because we live over an hour away.

They would only let me pick up my Dad's remains at 4 pm the day before the service, or 10 am the day of the service, because of a lack of personnel at the Summerfield office, and other appointments. I did not need an appointment. I just needed to show my ID and pick up my Dad's remains. The fact that they do not have someone on staff that could handle that at any time is enough to change my mind about purchasing their plan for my husband and myself which was what I was going to do after my positive experience with the Austin, TX branch. The Summerfield, FL branch changed my mind with their lack of customer service and shortage of personnel.

This is a terrible company. They left my father at the coroner's office for over 2 weeks when he should have been picked up after one day. ** was too lazy to go get him. No one from Neptune called me or did anything to find out what was happening. They just forgot about me and my family. I have tried talking to ** but no one will return my calls. Do not trust this corporation with your money or your loved ones. They do not care.

I have read over some of the negative reviews about Neptune Society and I completely disagree. Many of the comments are years old and people are complaining about ridiculous things. I understand that stress is high when we lose a loved one, but I get sick of people taking time out only to complain about something, but never taking time to give credit where credit is due! Neptune Society handled my Uncle's and Mother's death with great dignity and compassion. My mom purchased her plan over 10 years ago and everything went exactly as expected. When she passed peacefully at home, all we did was call the company and someone was here in around 2 hours.

All of our questions were handled quickly and we had her cremated and returned in around 10 days. That gave us time to plan a nice memorial service and it was nice to know everything was taken care of. When my uncle passed away, he was out of state and just as promised, they took care of him in FL and shipped his ashes back to IL because he had their travel option. If you want a simple, affordable cremation, I highly recommend this company. I'm sure they have cremated thousands of people over the past 40 years and if you let a few bad reviews scare you away you'll never find anything to your satisfaction.

I had a wonderful experience with the staff here in Arizona. Keep up the good work.

I interviewed for a sales position with the Neptune Society. The sales team gets their leads when you request information from their website and the 3 million pieces of mail they send out every month. Note: These are their sales leads. The manager told me that it is important to call "leads" (you) at least 50 times. The manager stated that when a sales representative goes out to see consumers, their consumers never research or look into competitors. Compare 2-3 plans, compare apples to apples and don't sign just because a representative of any company is in your home. If you keep receiving phone calls, mail and email from a company, call the company and tell them to stop and remove you from all lists. As a consumer and one who looks out for my 75 year old mom, when one asks for information, that is what one is requesting... not being bombarded with a relentless amount of annoying phone calls.

We joined because the link with the DAV sounded good. But, I think the urn provided is cheap, a small wooden box inside a larger box for keeping it on the shelf. I think for the money paid it is simply too much for too little. It also creeps me out having my urn (if you want to call the box that) in the house. Oh, hey, want to see my urn? I can say that to my neighbors now. I think my wife and I made a mistake in getting into this. I am going to see if I can cancel this and get our money back.

Back in 1983, my uncle George paid a small fee for a membership to the Neptune Society 49 West Merrick Road Freeport, NY 11520. A nice letter from Director Emanuel Weintraub and Director Dr. Charles H. Denning, JR is in the file. They knew he was discharged from the military and said "VA benefits may cover our cremation service." Well, here I am 32 years later, my uncle is in a Nursing home in NJ and the home asked about what to do should he pass away. I pulled out the file and of course the Neptune Society has a nice website and boasts "Since 1973." Well, of course there is no longer any office in NY or NJ; so, I called the office near me in Portland, OR. Again, as I expected, there is no connection to the money collected in NY back in 1983, end of story.

My uncle thought he was setting up prepaid cremation services and could rest assured that upon his passing the Neptune Society would take care of his cremation and collect payment from the VA and SS. How many thousands of innocent people sent in the $15.00 (single), $25.00 (family) thinking the same exact thing? I hate people who scam the innocent even more than I hate rapists. People who rape, do a physical assault that causes mental damage. They can't get away with it too many times. People who scam the innocent out of their hard earned money are raping and assaulting the minds of their victims and their loved ones over and over and laugh all the way to the bank.

All we got for my dad was a urn and cremation. Didn't help us with anything or guide as to where to get help. Went to pick up the remains after 9 business days and they didn't even have them. Had to wait two hours for the remains to arrive. Had to ask for the paperwork for a veterans headstone, which the VA pays for but we weren't told that either. In the end we got my mom's contract canceled and money back because she doesn't want her kids to go through what she had to go through. Even though they say you can't cancel, stay with it and go up the line and demand.

Neptune Society Company Profile