Call toll free
4.59/5
Based on 282 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

Better Business Bureau
A+BBB Rating
Presidents Award J.D. Power
View More View More

406 Neptune Society Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Brad ** was very thorough with his explanation of the Neptune Cremation Society at the restaurant. I was appreciative of him coming to my home to sign papers and make payment arrangements. I would have liked to shake hands before he left.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

A very polite and sweet lady, Sharon came to our home and explained everything about the entire service from start to finish. She made sure that we understood each step as we went through the paperwork and signed. We promptly received our beautiful containers and permanent cards. We feel relieved that our children will not have to go through with final plans for us or have financial worries.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I heard about Neptune Society from my brother-in-law and they had a more complete process than other cremation service provider. They also provided more services than any other company and their price was better too. Everybody I dealt with there was very professional and caring. I liked their preplanned service because it took all the burden off of me and put it on them. They handled all the details, 90% of the paperwork and all of that stuff that I didn't wanna do. I can't say enough good things about Neptune Society. Outstanding.

Neptune Society response

Hi Mr. John, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Las Vegas team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. Take care.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very professional as well as personal experience I had from the first call placed to start arrangements of services for my Aunt. The staff went to all measures possible to make my experience in such a stressful time feel at ease and handled everything with empathy and concern in a professional manner from beginning to end.

Neptune Society response

Tracey, please accept our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your aunt. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review online. We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased you were satisfied with our services. Take care.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Neptune Society provided an easy, comfortable solution to our end of life preplanning. We appreciated Alice ** so much for her professional presentation and contract signing at our home so that we could leave the next day on a trip knowing everything was taken care of. Neptune provides an affordable service which will certainly help the family when the time comes.

Neptune Society response

Carole, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Tallahassee, FL office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Original review: June 14, 2018

The gentleman that presented your services was both professional and knowledgeable. The services were well explained, numerous, and having been through a family death with the traditional funeral experience with a parent recently, I found the experience demeaning, almost creepy with the melancholy voices. I can afford whatever I want and your representative was both informative & professional... Thank-you.

Neptune Society response

Arthur, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Mr. Scott Wells and the Denver team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Denver, CO office.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Barbara ** is a very good friend. I was with her when she made cremations arrangements for her brother. We were very pleased with our experience. Sarah ** was very patient with Barbara. She explained all our options including a service and/or catering. She gave Barbara all the time she needed to talk about all of Barbara's concerns and questions.

Neptune Society response

Phyllis, please accept our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your friend's brother. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review online. We appreciate your feedback. Take care.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My wife and I requested information about cremation services from Neptune Society. The sales rep was professional and very pleasant to deal with. She made sure we understood the products and services.

Neptune Society response

Mike, we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our professionalism and honored that we were able to help you and your wife with product information. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at 888-624-3310.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Neptune Cremation Society is excellent. Their prices are fair and reasonable. They were so helpful. I cannot express how grateful I'm for the kindness they have shown me and my family. THANK YOU ALVIN AND NEPTUNE CREMATION SOCIETY.

Neptune Society response

Amelia, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Avin and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have nothing negative to say. All was explained thoroughly, and completely, answering all my questions. The entire experience the rep was very pleasant, knowledgeable and courteous, as well as patient, with me.

Neptune Society response

James, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Fort Worth, TX office.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We cannot express in words enough the beautiful care and compassion provided by Jason ** of The Neptune Society in Ft. Myers, Florida. He went above and beyond the call to help us with interstate details and two special requests in the recent sudden death of our nephew in Hilton Head. Honestly, the process couldn't have been easier, working over the phone and via e-mail and delivery services. Thank you, Jason, for your professionalism and sincere sympathy. We highly recommend The Neptune Society (and pre-planning is also a wise move).

Neptune Society response

Hi Cheryl, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your nephew. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jason and the Fort Myers team, we are glad to hear of your positive experience.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The staff could not have treated me any better with understanding and patience. They went out of there way to make sure I was at ease. They explained every step that was going to happen. Alvin and Dorothy were the people who took great care of my child cleaned her up and let me spend time with her. They let me spend as much time as I needed. They were the best.

Neptune Society response

Noreen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your child. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Alvin and Dorothy and the Paramus team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 13, 2018

When we spoke to the lady from Neptune, she sounded efficient and anytime I talked to her, she was kind. Going with them for cremation services sounded like a good plan because she knew everything about what she was selling. We were impressed with her. Furthermore, everyone at Neptune seemed very caring which was something that I liked. It made me feel comfortable. Working with Neptune was very satisfying. I now have a plan with them and so my children know they can count on Neptune to take care of me.

Neptune Society response

Jeanette, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Sherman Oaks, CA office.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2018

HORRIBLE customer service. The entire staff is completely incompetent. It started with lies from Esmeralda the manager in regards to having death certificates in hand within 10 days after paying for overnight delivery charges... then no one ever notified us to come pick my mother up for over 10 days after her remains were ready to be picked up... and then Monica left me on hold for over 11 minutes while she 'checked' to see if my mother's remains were there and ready for pick up. Their insensitive incompetence has led me to believe they have NO BUSINESS working with grieving families during their time of loss. I would NEVER work with this company, location, or people again. Complete loss of trust.

Neptune Society response

Hello Paige Meyer, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your mother. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced with our poor communication. It is our understanding that we have reached out to you to apologize and to take the full blame for the experience you had. We understand your frustrations and that is not how we want our company to operate. If there is ever anything we can do to make this better for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Again, we apologize for your full experience.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The Neptune Society and especially Sara at the Louisville office made this painful time easier for me. She is fantastic. She answered all my questions and helped me step by step through the process. She also helped me with my grieving process.

Neptune Society response

Melissa, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Sara and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My father pre-arranged everything with Neptune Society and we just had to call them when he passed. They sent some lovely people to the house who very respectfully and lovingly took his body out to their van. The two people were very helpful and gave us plenty of time to say goodbye. My father was cremated and arrangements were made for us to take his ashes along with my mom's which he had saved for to go in the same time as her. The person in the actual office in San Pedro where we did the business and picked up the urn was a woman named Anna. She was very helpful and I was able to reach her by phone when I had questions.

The Port of Los Angeles is an enormous port and the little berth where the boat that takes people out for distributing ashes at sea was along a piece of property owned by the Harbor Department. That property was under construction. So, we were sick and nervous about where we were going to go because we had people coming from out of town to get on that boat. Still, as soon as they had relocation, Neptune sent us the information and a flyer to email to the relatives. Everybody panicked when that happened. Neptune took care of it and said that they would be out there. They were able to move the thing closer to San Pedro, closer to home where we were going to eat afterward. It was all very nice. There have been people who have talked to me and I've told them that if they are going to be cremated, Neptune is the way to go.

Neptune Society response

Hello Paula, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Anna and the San Pedro team of Neptune Society, we understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take Care.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I dealt with the Sherman Oaks office. Thank you Kathrine. Neptune personnel came and picked up the body in a few hours. They handled the coroner and paperwork with little trouble on my part. The cost was very reasonable. The only hiccup was a bit of poor communication waiting for the cremation.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mr. Wendell, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. We apologize for the poor communication on our behalf, but glad that we were able to help and make the experience better you and your family. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Somebody from Neptune Society approached my husband before. We wanted to pre-plan then so we purchased from them. I like that I didn’t have to do anything and that I'd just make a phone call. When I needed them, I called and spoke with Sarah. She was very helpful and put me at ease. Everything went very smoothly and I was very happy with everything that happened. Two weeks ago, one of my co-workers came up to me and she knew that I had lost my husband. She asked me how everything went and I said, “It was great.” I had a wonderful experience with Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Hi Ms. Dawn, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Sara and the Las Vegas team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My wife chose Neptune Society. She had a man out, we talked to him and she decided that she wanted to be cremated and I wanted to be buried. We would put her ashes in my casket with me. I’ve got a lady coming today from Evergreen. My parents and my eldest son are buried there, so that’s what our plans were. And so, when Kate died I called and set things up with Sara and they handled everything beautifully. Everyone was extremely helpful and I was very grateful for the information and knowledge. Sara couldn’t be sweeter or more helpful. It all went well thanks to her.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mr. Wilkinson, we would first like to express our condolences for your wife's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was impressed with the quick response and kindness of Julie **. Julie showed respect for me and for my family as well as the utmost respect for my wife's remains. I am grateful of her care and kindness in this horrible time in my life. She showed understanding and compassion. I would definitely recommend Neptune Society of Kansas City to my family and friends.

Neptune Society response

Mr. Andrew, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Julie and the Kansas City team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My husband and I recently became members of the Neptune Society. The New Orleans area office was professional and a pleasure to work with in planning our final wishes. Do yourself and your loved ones a loving favor... Pre-Plan!

Neptune Society response

Hello Ms. Ellen, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of New Orleans, LA office.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Neptune could have done better. They could have explained the process better. I was told it would take 10-15 days to receive the cremains. They should have specified “business” days after paying permit fees. Since the cremation was prepaid, I wasn’t expecting a fee. The paperwork was originally sent to the caregiver even though Neptune had my name as a family member thereby delaying the process. It came in two separate emails days apart. It would have been more efficient to send it together. The deceased was a veteran being buried out of state. Neptune did not assist with a honorary military burial. I had to make all the arrangements myself.

Neptune Society response

Hello valued customer, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced regarding any paperwork delays and any extra fees that you encountered. Please understand that we were following the decedent's request of the next of kin, and when the caregiver was not able to fulfill this role, she directed us to you. Again, we are sincerely sorry for your inconveniences. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out directly to our customer service team at 888-624-3310. Take care.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Our grandfather who has passed for some years signed up for one of the advanced programs at Neptune when he was in his mid-80's. Also, at that time, my mom who was very close with my grandfather worked in Mental Health Counseling at Florida Gulf Coast University in the Naples area. She ran a grief group for the university. They linked up with Neptune Society and created a charitable, fundraising relationship. Neptune sponsored a series of her events on campus related to death and grieving. So, my mother was involved with all the people at the Neptune office and knew them all very well.

My mother died 100% unexpectedly and very suddenly. Neptune Society was very understanding of our position that we had done zero planning for my mother's passing and were very helpful. We didn't pre-shop for urn receptacles and other stuff. However, it would be nice if their offerings for what to be purchased were explained or offered online. We had asked to do it via email. Still, we didn't end up knowing what things were going to cost and what we could do when it went up to the physical location which was an hour away. An easier shopping experience would be great. Still, we were able to rely on them to educate us as we went to a point where we didn't feel like we were being hoodwinked or that we were being taken advantage of which can be common in the death industry as people could be grieving.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mr. Guerico, we would first like to express our condolences for your mother's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take Care.

Original review: May 20, 2018

When my mother passed away unexpectedly last month, I contacted the Neptune Society to arrange for her cremation. I was very impressed with their professionalism and kindness. I could not have asked for a better experience with a cremation service at such a difficult time.

Neptune Society response

Hello Ms. Laura, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: May 20, 2018

My husband was in hospice at the hospital two years ago and Neptune seemed highly recommend by the hospice people. The Neptune representative, Robie, came to the house and he was very personable and made me feel so at ease. It was a good experience all around. I paid for the pre-plan services outright and it was good to have it done and in place since I needed it within about a month or two.

Neptune Society response

Hello Ms. Huddleston, we would first like to express our condolences for your husband's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take Care.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My mother used Neptune Society for her cremation services. She did everything during the pre-planning and when she passed, I just went through them and it was great that everything was taken care of and it all went smoothly.

Neptune Society response

Dawn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: May 18, 2018

A friend of mine had her mother cremated and she gave me the name Neptune Society. Driving by, I had seen the Neptune Society building and it wasn’t the same place but we were so pleased that we kept it because I saw later where my friend had her mother cremated and it was not what I would have liked. She apologized but I told her that having to use Neptune has been the best experience. So, it was done by mistake but we were thrilled to death.

I had Neptune’s services for my husband's sudden passing away. I went over there yesterday and got more Thank You cards. Callaghan helped me and she was fantastic. A friend went with me and she loved her too. She was very sweet, very professional, and very comforting. She's wonderful and she's in the right profession. They couldn’t have a better employee. It was a bad time for me and she made it so much easier than ever. Neptune Society and Callaghan made a very unhappy time a lot easier to go through.

Neptune Society response

Hi Ms. Murray, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Callaghan and the San Antonio team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Never upfront with pricing or choices in plans; no written listings/plans provided. Memento Chest pushed as a token, not explained: poor quality & price higher than cost of services. Can I trust them?

Neptune Society response

Hello Ms. O'Malley-Saxton, Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced regarding pricing and our merchandise. It is my understanding that our sales manager and our legal representative spoke to you per your request to further explain the contract and as a resolution, they assured you of a full refund to be processed. Again, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that you have encountered and for us not being the perfect fit for you. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out directly to our customer service team at 888-624-3310. Take care.

Original review: May 17, 2018

First heard of the Neptune Society when we answered an ad for a seminar on Cremation Services in the Fall of 2014. We followed that up with a visit to the local Charlotte Office. From day one they were an absolute pleasure to deal with, we purchased 2 plans with easy installment payments. On April 6, 2018 my wife passed away at 2:30 AM. They took possession of her remains at 4:30 PM as she donated her brain for Parkinson's research. By 2 PM the harvest was complete. They kept her head iced as per instruction. All the following services and requests that I made were done courteously and promptly. I would highly recommend the Neptune Society for anyone who is considering Cremation.

Neptune Society response

Hello John, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your kind words. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The night that my father passed away was not unexpected but we were not sure when that would happen. A friend had recommended Neptune Society and therefore I immediately called. The response, even at 2.00am was immediate and in a matter of an hour I had their representatives coming to the house to pick up my father's remains. It was very important for my mother not to have to deal with the dead body any longer than necessary and my father's wishes of a cremation without funeral was also honored that way with Neptune.

Their representative was very courteous and sensitive however I thought the wait period for all the paperwork to be processed and the cremation to finally happen was a little long (over two weeks). I am not at home at the moment and I hope I will find the death certificates in the mail when I return but they were not ready at the time of the cremation. So altogether my experience with Neptune was good but not perfect.

Neptune Society response

Hello Ms. Goren, we would first like to express our condolences for your loss of your father. Also, please accept our sincere apology for the paperwork issues that you and your family have encountered. In regards to the Death Certificate(s) we wish that this delay does not happen during the remainder of your service but please understand that if it does, that when it comes to state documents we sometimes run into delays that are out of our hands like a Death Certificate. Thank you for your kind words. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of their cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs.

Neptune Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

• Best for: those planning for cremation, those needing immediate service and families of veterans.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information