toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband and I decided over 15 years ago to make plans for our end of life care, and created our health care directives, and decided on cremation at that time. The Neptune Society was very helpful in the process of decision making, and reasonable in paying for final expenses. My husband became ill this summer, and received Hospice care. Neptune Society then stepped in and made all of the arrangements smooth and calming.

I took advantage of Neptune Society's pre-planning services. They were very helpful and compassionate. They were also empathetic and they explained the pricing. It all worked out very well and my experience was satisfactory.

Neptune Society

Julie, we welcome you both and we are also happy to hear that you guys were satisfied with your purchased services. We are honored that we were able to help you both with the pre-plannings. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was so pleased with my talk to the Neptune representative on the phone. The visit to my home was quick - within a few days of our phone conversation. Our Neptune Rep was kind, sensitive, knowledgeable and patient. I was so pleased with our whole appointment. My Husband and I were so impressed with the professional atmosphere and integrity that we have experienced with the Neptune Society. We feel that we have prepared for the future the best way possible so our daughters will not be burdened when the Lord takes us Home to Heaven. We are SUPER pleased with our whole experience and are so grateful that my brother-in-law shared his great experience with my Husband and I. We have shared with many other people about how wonderful you all are. May you continue to help people with a spirit of excellence.

Neptune Society

Robert, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

We used Neptune for my wife's mother. She had wanted to be cremated. And so, Nancy followed through with it and we cremated her mom. When we finished everything, I got a hold of Neptune and set it up. I started making payments for my wife when she passed away in June. And Neptune handled everything. It's amazing how family-friendly and professional they are. I talked with their agent, set it up and then when it came time, they made it so easy. It was no hassle at all, which is what I think is fantastic for people who've already got stress and grief. I would definitely recommend Neptune to anyone. In fact, we have told many family members and friends that talk about cremation. We told them, "Don't even waste your time talking to anyone else. Go straight to Neptune."

5.0 star rating 8/23/2017. I attended a seminar back in Jan. 2017 for the Neptune Society and I was very impressed by everything that was said. At the time, I bought the plan for myself. When I went home and told my mother, she said to sign her up too. Unfortunately, she passed away in April in the ICU. The Neptune Society was caring and made sure everything went smoothly. Two days later I went in the office to sign some papers. Everything I ordered was done promptly and efficiently. Alexis ** was extremely helpful. I'm glad I'm giving my daughter peace of mind by having all my arrangements prearranged. I highly recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

Neptune Society

Linda, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest level of customer service and we are truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encountered with the listing of your name on our forms. It is our understanding that Nancy has been working with you in order to correct the paper work. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any other further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to the Neptune Society office of San Antonio, TX.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

When I was signing up with the Neptune Society, I was told that I had to fill out the forms a certain way. I have used the name Linda ** for 39 years, and I do not like having my name now listed as Linda **. That is not the name I use. My driver's license and passport have Linda ** on them, and I'm concerned that it will be confusing to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

My experience with the Neptune staff member who came to my home was a positive one. He was knowledgeable and respectful of what was being discussed. He explained the subject matter clearly and appropriately. Hopefully this will all go as smoothly as described when the time comes. If asked I would recommend their services to my friends and family.

As part of our estate planning my husband and I signed up for Neptune Society, prepaid cremation service several years ago. Having that part of end-of-life planning done took one big piece off the crazy list of things that need to be taken care of when you are in no place to handle lots of decisions and details. The staff was kind and capable, the closing paperwork was simple and the coordination between the local office and California was great.

Neptune Society

Ron, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning.

We apologize for the glitch that you encountered in regards to the missing piece from one of the kits you received. It is my understanding that Bobbi reached out to you and we now have a replacement urn kit on the way to you. Again, thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Sherman Oaks, CA office.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We were pleased with our representative, the orientation, and time frame from orientation to receiving our materials. There was only one glitch with one kit missing a piece for the picture stand (the ash insert plug). The kit box bottom felt was not attached precisely. QC problem. Why don't we make these in America instead of China?

Neptune Society

Eric, we welcome your father and are honored to have him as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with the purchased services and honored that we were able to help him with his pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society office.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My father is aging and just celebrated his 90th year of life. He is widowed and has been living with us for over 6 years. We have noticed a gradual decline in his health and needed to understand and prepare for the final moment in his carnal life. The Neptune Society has given us the peace of mind to understand how to properly prepare and deal with one of the most matters in a loved one's life. It all seems daunting, confusing, and stressful when coming to grips with someone passing from life to life, but knowing that it is all covered ahead of time and all we have to do is make a phone call is very reassuring. Thank you.

Neptune Society

Don, we welcome you both and we are happy to have both of you as one of our customers. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest level of customer service and we are truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encountered with the contract. It is our understanding that Brad has been trying to reach out to you to clarify the changes you made a bit more and the payment schedule, to avoid further confusion. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you have any other further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to the Neptune Society office of Charlotte, NC.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We found the contract paperwork confusing to read. When we made a change to the coverage, it was extremely hard to follow the changes to the contract and the payment schedule. The representative Brad ** was able, pleasant and accommodating. We both appreciated his services.

Neptune Society

Noreen, we wish to express our condolences for the loss of your husband. Neptune Society strives to provide the highest quality of service and to treat the families that we take into our care with respect. We deeply apologize for not achieving this standard and want to apologize for your experience. It is my understanding that the Houston office has provided you with the needed documents. Please know that we follow strict procedures to ensure those in our care are treated with respect and compassion and again we apologize for your experience. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I truly was not impressed with the service from the Neptune Society. Not sure why MD Anderson included this facility on their handout for assistance with planning a cremation. I was disappointed. They easily managed to send an urn catalog to me but struggled getting the paperwork to me to sign for my husband's cremation. When they tried to contact me, they called my deceased husband's phone not mine which was the number I gave them. I was told I would get a permit to transport his ashes but that did not happen. I had to follow up to ensure I did get the permit. Still not received. When I picked up his ashes, I was shocked to see the purple bag they were in. The box his ashes were in had a label slapped on it that was crooked.

During such a devastating time, I never felt my husband was being treated with dignity nor me with compassion. The cost of this service was high for what little they actually had to do and the way they did it. This was not an experience anyone wants to go through. The least they could do is try and handle it with professionalism and dignity.

Clomer is who I dealt with. We used you for my son that died 5 years ago, but knew nothing because my sister took care of it. He was wonderful and worked so hard, on his own time, to make sure we received her ashes in time for her service.

I recently lost my Mother unexpectedly. Truly the hardest days, weeks and now months I've faced but Mom had decided on cremation so we elected to use Neptune and I can sincerely say the Customer Service Pam gave was outstanding. So patient and she made you feel as though you were life long friends. She was prompt, courteous, a good listener, understanding just to mention a few of her qualities. I'd highly recommend Neptune Society to anyone facing making a decision so hard.

I returned to Neptune Society services when my Mom recently passed. I believe I worked with Trina (forgive me if I have forgotten name). Neptune Society had been so good with me when my Dad passed 10 years before. I plan to pre-arrange for my own cremains with Neptune Society so that my children will be the recipients of their tender care.

Factual basis uncertain

Neptune Society

Mr. King, we are sorry that you were unsatisfied with your cremation package. I have reached out to the Neptune Society office of Detroit, and understand that our arranger has sent you documents to sign and return. Once those documents are received we will fully provide a refund. Per our policies, we do offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all cremation contracts in which you have been eligible. If you ever have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Neptune Society office of Detroit and we will be ready to assist you. Have a great day.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We were sold a cremation package for 2395.26 each. We signed the papers put in front of us but did not understand that 1135.31 was for a memento chest with biodegradable urn, some thank you cards, a picture frame, and an information book. Shame on us for not fully scrutinizing what we signed for. Had this been fully explained to us we would have never accepted this option. We're stuck with it now. Be careful and read everything that's put before you.

Like many elder citizens, we too were struggling about end of life issues. We had Wills made, property planned distribution, but were not settled with our absolute and inevitable final details. Somehow we met with a Neptune counselor and everything fell smoothly into its proper place. We are happy and so relieved to have those pesky issues beautifully resolved. We heartily commend Neptune to family, friends, and neighbors now.

Neptune Society was amazing when my mom passed away on April16th, 2008. I didnt have to worry about her and I could take care of other things. I am gonna use them for my death!!! Thank you for giving me and my family peace.

My mom had pre-purchased her cremation through the Neptune Service and the process could not have been smoother. Everyone we dealt with was very professional and thoughtful. Jody was assigned as our point person and she was incredibly kind, very helpful in handling everything for us, and was ready to answer any questions that we had. I give Neptune Society the highest rating I can because they truly deserve it.

We worked with Jim **. He was so compassionate and was able to answer every question and take care of anything we needed immediately. When we met him at Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, we were looking forward to meeting him.

Neptune Society

Melissa, I am confirming I received your information, thank you very much. I have removed you from any future mail outs or sales call lists that will be generated as of today moving forward. Please keep in mind there are some lists already generated and out on the field prior from today's date. This full removal of contact information cycle can take up to 90 days, but rest assure your contact information is no longer in our systems as of 8/1/2017. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and have a great day. Feel free to contact me directly through email if you ever have any other concerns or questions in the future. Thank you.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I've asked them to stop calling but Telemarketers for Neptune Society will Not stop calling me. 602/282-1057 I am also on the DO NOT CALL List. I have filed a complaint. To make matters worse I receive Mail from them addressed to my Father that Died in 2013. PLEASE STOP!!

Was an easy process to go through, would have liked to been told in advance our pictures would be taken at the time of signing paperwork. But, other than that a good experience and we are glad our plans are taken care of.

A friend recommended the Neptune Society when our 26 year old son died unexpectedly two months ago. My friend was very please with the help she received at her husband's death. Julie ** met with our family. She was caring and patient and helpful with the information that we needed and the procedures that were necessary. I will never get over the fact that she stayed 45 minutes after closing for us at the Crematory so that extra family members could view our son. She is a very compassionate person and exceptional employee. And upon viewing our son it went from something that we dreaded to being a wonderful and holy experience. It was a beautiful setting and our son looked so natural. We were all so very pleased and relieved. We were blessed.

Your rep was very professional in what he did. He patiently explained every detail and answered every question. My wife and I have long thought about cremation and finally acted on getting it done, at the proper time. In short, he was an excellent representative for Neptune Society.

Good morning Linda,

Thank you very much for the information that you have provided and again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. Please know that we do respect you and your family and with the experience that you encountered, I don't want you to have a bad impression of us. Amanda our sales manager did reach out to you and left you a voice mail, to provide an apology and reassure that this won't happen again. Now, I am confirming that I have successfully removed your phone number from all of our records and you will no longer be bothered. I appreciate your feedback and your time. Have a great day.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Have received several telephone messages from a Barbara ** requesting I call her back... doesn't identify why and acts like a friend. I answered the phone this evening and she hung up. I called her back and told her it is unprofessional the way she calls and fails to identify herself... also, not to call me again. I had wanted cremation information for my husband and myself... but disappointed in the customer service skills or lack thereof in providing information. Will look elsewhere.

PRE-PLANNING CREMATION - I recommend this to everyone I know. Several years ago, my elderly father who was living with my husband and I, handed us a Neptune card when we got home from work. He had pre-paid everything to make it easier for us. And 4 years later, all I had to do was make a phone call. So when my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer, we pre-paid for his. Again, during the worst day of my life, I gave the ICU nurse my card and she called for me. Since then I have pre-paid my own, so that it will be easier for my niece.

I was very pleased with the kind and sympathetic service I received. Everything was done so professionally and without any glitches. Everything was on the time schedule they indicated. I have already recommended your services to others.

Neptune Society

Please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services, and honored that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I am thankful for the Neptune Society's assistance with planning the final arrangements for my father. Being a first time planner, the staff were compassionate, and provided step-by-step assistance. Thank you Neptune Society and your amazing staff!

Neptune Society

Karen, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered of not trusting our pricing, but I assure you they are honest prices. I am glad that John was able to reach out to you today and reassure that all is safe with our purchased pre-plannings. If in the future you ever have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me at Online.Reviews@scidirect-us.com as ill be more than happy to help you. I hope you have a wonderful day. We appreciate your time and feedback.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I felt that from the moment I had a conversation with a salesman, this was a hard sale situation, with the added pressure of time constraint due to "special deal". There were questions I had regarding the way the charges were listed; i.e. "merchandise" which was a very large amount. These questions were not answered until I asked several times and refused to take an answer such as "my little bit of commission, paperwork, etc" which in mind is not merchandise. When pressed by the salesman's boss, I was told that the amount quoted under merchandise was there so that it would not be included in the trust, in other words, Neptune could spend it. I don't know if Neptune provides a good service. I suppose I will find out when my mother passes, as she bought her cremation services 20 years ago, when Neptune had a different way of doing things. I cancelled mine because I don't like dishonesty or unethical practices.

Neptune Society

Cheryl, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered of not receiving any acknowledgments from our part and for us not answering to your phone calls. I am glad that Jim was able to reach out to you today and reassure that you will get your Momento kit any day now considering usually takes about 15 or so days to arrive and you will also receive your permanent Neptune card and permanent paperwork mailed to your house as it usually takes up to 4-6 weeks after signing up. If in the future you ever have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me at Online.Reviews@scidirect-us.com as I'll be more than happy to help you or call Jim directly as he provided his personal cell phone for you to have as an open option to reach us at any time. I hope you have a wonderful day. We appreciate your time and feedback.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I signed up with a representative on June 30, seemed a great guy. I have not received any acknowledgement from Neptune Society. I have phoned, no return call. PLEASE CONTACT ME AS I AM MOVING. PLEASE PROVIDE THE CONTACT NAME AND PHONE OF YOUR REPRESENTATIVE. Thank you.

I live in Southern Oregon, my mother died in Tacoma. I was unable to travel to Tacoma and made all of the arrangements long distance. John ** did an outstanding job working through all the details through telephone, text messages, and email. John made what was a difficult situation easy. He followed up on all the details and we reached a successful conclusion. I had high expectations of the Neptune Society and they were exceeded.

Expert Review

David Chandler, Ph.D.ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.    More about David→

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.
  • Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.
  • Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.
  • Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.
  • Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.
  • Best for those planning for cremation, those needing immediate service and families of veterans.

Neptune Society Company Profile