4.56/5
Based on 243 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

Better Business Bureau
A+BBB Rating
Presidents Award J.D. Power
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

290 Neptune Society Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Perfect performance from picking up the body, performing the cremation, offered online counseling services, and the customer service provided. We are so glad that our parents selected Neptune Society to handle the care once each passed away.

Neptune Society response

Mark, please accept our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your parent. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review online. We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased you were satisfied with our services. Take care.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I found Neptune Society to be very caring, considerate and efficient in taking care of my husband at this sensitive time. I appreciate everything that was done and especially John ** who was so helpful.

Neptune Society response

Marcia, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Want to extend my deepest thank you to Mike ** for his professional and prompt way of handling my husband's cremation. He was kind and took care of everything better than I could have. He made it so much easier for me to handle my loss. My heart goes out to you Mr. Mike ** and any others taking care of my dear loved one again. Thank you and God bless you always.

Neptune Society response

Sylvia, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Mike and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Upon arriving at the Neptune Society, located at 3801 Williams Blvd in Kenner, La 70065. My two daughters and myself knew we were in the right place. All staff members we had contact with were very professional and courteous.They walked me through the difficult process of cremation arrangements for my loving wife, Susan **. No high pressure sales tactics. I will contact these wonderful team members about my arrangements.

Neptune Society response

Manuel, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the New Orleans team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

When we received the call from the nursing home that my mother had passed I asked that Neptune be called. A grief counselor called immediately asking if we would like him to visit with us. He was there within 30 minutes, staying with us until it was time for mother to be taken away. He was absolutely wonderful! Very professional and an incredible listener. We were put at ease that we had done everything as respectful and with dignity for her passing. Neptune Society arrived handing me a long stem rose with babies breathe with their condolences. They were dressed in black suites and ties, speaking in a low tone, making me feel more comfortable. As we all left together my last wish was for them to take good care of mother. With a smile, they promised. My entire family are members of Neptune. I would recommend them to anyone who still questioned their way of burial. Thank you Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Hi Stephanie, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Our family has recently had occasion to utilize the services of the Neptune Society located in Downers Grove, Illinois. Our mother died in December of 2016 and our father in January of 2018. The compassion shown to us by all of the individuals from Neptune Society was unsurpassed during the time of our mother’s cremation and, more recently, that of our father. The gentleman who transported our father’s body couldn’t have been more caring and professional and Mr. **, who from the beginning process to our last meeting with him was extremely helpful, professional and caring. We could not have asked for a better organization with whom to have been associated at this time of sadness for our family. We offer our heartfelt thanks to the Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Vicki, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother and recently your father. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Hi, I would just like to say that when I signed up for the Neptune Society, the independent sales representative Sherry ** came to my home, (an hour and 30 minutes drive). She was wonderful, amazing, beautiful person. She was very patient and explained everything very well. She made me very comfortable with making my decision to sign up. I honestly believe that God sent this special wonderful woman to me, that made me extremely comfortable with my decision to spend the money to sign up. And when we were all done with the paperwork (which she made extremely easy to do) the weight lifted off of my shoulders and the wonderful feeling of having everything taken care of was amazing.

No matter where you live I would highly suggest getting with the Neptune Society and having all of your Cremation Services taken care of, to take the burden off of all of your loved ones that would be left to make really tough hard decisions. And if you live in the southern Utah area ask for Sherry **, she is amazing. She was very much a blessing to me. Thank you Sherry ** for everything.

Neptune Society response

Kathleen, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Salt Lake City, UT office.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Received the highest standards of professionalism from the Neptune Society. They took away the guesswork on what I had to do. They anticipated every issue and resolved it immediately. Their follow-up on any issue was tremendous. Can't praise them enough. I am so fortunate that I contracted with them several years ago and have absolutely no regrets.

Neptune Society response

Hi Wayne, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

The service was impeccable. Your contact person was very informational and discreet and helpful yet was very caring and considerate to the situation. These people work very well with everyone. They are awesome. I would recommend to everyone and anyone.

Neptune Society response

Rhonda, please accept our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased you were satisfied with our services. Take care.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When I first talked with the director, he said I can do a digital signature, the norm these days. But when I sent in my digital signature the legal dept said it wasn't good enough. So I had to resign everything "wet". I say, just get with the times.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I was unimpressed with the total experience. We called Trident Cremation in San Diego and somehow ended up dealing with The Neptune Society in LA county. I gave specific instructions to call my cell number and received a message on my home phone instead. The paperwork was not handled professionally. There were several charges we didn’t want or ask for, but were told they couldn’t be removed. The email addresses given were not able to accept attachments that were the size of the paperwork required. I finally had to send 3 pages at a time. Once our credit card information was given, there was no follow up with the timeline of the actual cremation date. When I called, I got vague answers and I got the feeling nobody had followed through. It eventually was handled, it was a negative experience overall.

Neptune Society response

Hello Nancy, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. Thank you for your feedback and bringing this matter up to our attention. Please know that we take every review very seriously. We apologize for our communication misstep as we are aware that we made one phone call to the wrong number. Also, we sincerely apologize for the paperwork hassles that you encountered. It is my understanding that our Funeral Director/Service Manager did provide the timeline at the moment of capturing the payment, but if there was a misunderstanding or confusion we take full blame and apologize for the lack of clear communication. Again, I sincerely apologize for us not meeting your expectations and we hope we receive another chance to make it better for you. If you ever have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to our office of Neptune Society - West Covina, CA.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Michael was extremely responsive to my needs and did a good job of leading me through what needed to be done. Beyond the above, I have nothing to add as I have a whole lot of other issues that need to be attended to at this time. The only reason I gave a 4 star rating instead of a 5 star is because since I chose Neptune, I have learned from an immediate family member and a close friend with experience with last arrangements that I likely could have had the same services done thru another mortuary and it could have cost significantly less. Given my basically dire financial situation as a result of my husband's passing, not having paid as much as I did would have meant a lot.

My husband's sister was with my husband when he passed at the hospital while I was at home. She received the list of local mortuary options. I chose Neptune within hours of my husband's passing w/o seeing the list largely because of name familiarity from your advertising and now regret not shopping around before choosing Neptune. I totally accept responsibility for my choices made primarily because this was my first experience dealing with any mortuary and in no way blame Neptune. Neptune only did what I asked them to do at a price I agreed to in a very professional and thoughtful manner. Thank you.

Neptune Society response

Hi Judy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

This was a disappointing experience for our family. The driver who drove down to pick up mom's remains the morning she died was Great! After that things dropped off dramatically. Kristina was nice enough on the phone, but didn't follow through with actions when she said she would. I had to call/email regarding whether things had been sent - and why I hadn't received them. One time calling for Kristina, the receptionist acted like it was an imposition to put my call through to another associate (Kristina was gone for the next 5 days - Weds thru Mon) to find out when I could come get my mom's ashes. Bracken sort of took over for Kristina at this point and was very helpful in getting me information and scheduling. Right now, almost a month later I do not have a death certificate and will be having to call, again! To find out what the story is. I would not recommend your services to anyone I know and like. People I don't like -- now that's a different story.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mrs. Deb Sether, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. Thank you for your feedback and bringing this matter up to our attention. Please know that we take every review very seriously. We apologize for our mistakes and for the communication misstep. It is my understanding that our Funeral Director/Service Manager was recently in contact with you to advise that there are somethings we do not have any control over like any city, county, or state agency. I hope you can understand me and the reason why the death certificate has a delay. We will keep you in touch every step of the way throughout the full process. Again, I sincerely apologize for the delay. If you ever have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to our office of Neptune Society - Portland, OR.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

There's a sense of peace knowing when my time comes my arrangements are taken care of and paid for. Now I can go on living my life knowing there are no loose ends for my family to have to deal with. The Neptune Society was easy to work with and I have to say, more cost effective than a cremation done through a funeral home. I like that my costs will never increase no matter how long I live. The eco-friendly urn is really very nice. I first learned about The Neptune Society from a client's boss about 20 years ago. I have to thank him for making me aware of you and thank you for providing a wonderful service!

Neptune Society response

Laurie, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of San Antonio, TX office.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

The staff was always caring and professional each time that I was there or had a need. I would highly recommend their services as an alternative to conventional ones. Tiffany in particular was always extremely helpful in many ways.

Neptune Society response

William, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Tiffany and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Caring and responsive. My family had some unique requests and all were met with exceptional service. I lost 3 family members over the course of 10 months. Not one regret working with Neptune during the most difficult year of my life.

Neptune Society response

Hi Diana, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved ones. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have cancelled my term and the office person tell you one thing and then do another. Which is wrong. It takes too long to get money back because of this. Trying to get them on phone even during business hour is not happening. I would not suggest this to others.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I really am getting tired of this crap! I received the most insensitive material from you the day before Christmas! I phoned Fort Myers and headquarters in PA to remove me from your mailing list and lo and behold! I got another one today!!! I WILL NOT TAKE YOUR SERVICE! I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE INSENSITIVE CLODS!!! TAKE ME OF YOUR FREAKING MAILING LIST AS I HAVE PREVIOUSLY REQUESTED!!!

Neptune Society response

Hello Ms. Birgit, we sincerely apologize for your receiving of any unsolicited advertisement material. If you could please submit the exact name and address where the mailings are being sent, we will remove you from future mail-outs lists. Please send the information to Online.Reviews@scidirect-us.com or call to submit the information at 1-855-590-7526. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My Mother purchased a pre-planned cremation package for remains. It was the best thing she could have done. The stress of a family member dying is hard enough. Planning with Neptune Society is something I highly recommend for all families.

Neptune Society response

Donna, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I am extremely pleased and thankful of the way Neptune Society's customer service handled my concerns. I had to send them a letter which they replied immediately, followed by a personal telephone call. The representative was very nice and helpful and resolved my matter to my entire satisfaction. I completely disagree with the negative comments I read. I highly recommend Neptune Society to anyone. Thank you very much to Neptune Society!

Neptune Society response

Isabelle, We apologize for the concern you had but we mainly welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Sherman Oaks, CA office.

Customer increased Rating by 2 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My parents live in Nashville, TN where mom passed away on January 15 and her remains have yet to be returned to her husband. The family was told it had something to do with signing the death certificate, so he was called and made it should like he was either not made aware, or it was inconvenient for him to check on it. Neptune was hired, they should be on top of this. There is something very wrong when you can't get a straight answer and you feel like you are being given the run around about something so personal.

Neptune Society response

Mike, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We sincerely apologize if we fell short of meeting your expectations in handling your mother’s arrangements. We also really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

My wife and I have a prepaid plan for us. Our daughter became terminally ill, and we knew we needed to find someone we could trust to complete the arrangements. All of the personnel of Neptune were absolutely compassionate, professional, and helpful to our needs. We could not be more pleased with our selection of Neptune.

Neptune Society response

David, please accept our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your daughter. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review online. We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased you were satisfied with our services. We also would like to welcome you both and are happy to have you guys as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you both were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you both with your pre-plannings. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I talked to three different companies that night. It was 3:00 in the morning and Mark from Neptune Society was by far the most personable and understanding. He knew exactly what I needed to hear. He was also very attentive and extremely helpful. He answered my calls and was more than willing to stop whatever he was doing to answer my questions. It has made a big difference. Neptune Society did a great job and I was really impressed. I couldn’t believe how easy they made the whole process.

Neptune Society response

Jared, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Mark and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My grandmother wanted to be cremated and prepaid for Neptune Society's services. They were really nice, polite, and sensitive to my emotional status and needs. They talked to me about everything and walked me through it. I would recommend them any day.

Neptune Society response

Jodie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your grandmother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

My mother-in-law had the pre-plan services for her and her husband. They lived in Fort Worth and they were the ones that subscribed to it. Then he passed away and everything was taken care of. She moved to New York and then she died in November, so we contacted Neptune Society on her behalf. We knew my mother-in-law had that plan and we knew her wishes. We got a hold of Cindy at the Fort Worth office, and she was wonderful to deal with. It just took all the pressure off of us, and she handled everything just as my mother-in-law wanted. Neptune Society really helped us out and the service was so slick.

The employees were very responsive because she died on a Sunday and by Monday, we had everything in order. They contacted a liaison here, which is another funeral parlor, and they worked with them. They took care of all the paperwork, that all I had to do was go down and write the check out for the death certificates. They were very sensitive, expedient and efficient, and I appreciate their kindness. This experience was so good for us, that now my husband and I are thinking that we should do this for our kids. In case something happens to us, everything is prepaid and taken care of. Neptune Society is kind of unique. It is the best way to go and I would highly recommend them.

Neptune Society response

Colleen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother-in-law. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Cindy and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I was told two different times that I would be called to tell me when my husband would be cremated and when I could pick up the ashes. I waited for a month and no calls. I called and was very casually told that he had already been cremated twenty days earlier. No calls and no apology. The manager later apologized, after I wrote complaining.

Neptune Society response

Hello Eileen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. Thank you for your feedback and bringing this matter up to our attention. We apologize for our mistakes and for the communication misstep. I am glad our office manager reached out to you to apologize. If you ever have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to our office of Neptune Society - Santa Barbara, CA.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My wife and I finally decided to look into cremation. We talked about it for some time. We saved different ads and chose to call Neptune Society to get information. After talking to their representative we signed up. They covered everything that you can possibly encounter when you pass away. We received a booklet to fill out with all our personal, financial and request. This made us gather all that information so our family didn't have to pull their hair out looking for all the paperwork. The price under $3,000 each, was also a deciding factor. Being informed that I can have a military funeral and that my wife and I can be entombed above ground together was the icing on the cake. Neptune Society handles everything. They even financed the whole thing.

Neptune Society response

John, we welcome you and your wife. We are happy to have you both as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you both were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you both with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Pompano, FL office.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I had questions and answers I needed answered and after talking to Kelly at the Neptune Society my fears were no more. I had all my questions answered. I felt a sense of relief to know my remains would be taken care of in the best way. Kelly made me feel relief.

Neptune Society response

Ronald, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Tucson, AZ office.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My husband and I met with the Neptune Society representative three years ago. It allowed us to talk about things then that were very relevant as my husband got sicker and sicker. Then, when we contacted the Neptune Society when my husband passed, the people that came were incredible. They were so professional and very nice. We were contacted by Joseph, who's the director of the company where we live, and he could not have been nicer. He did follow-up calls, and anything I wanted and needed. Everything was taken care of. And I've shared his name with several people that we know.

Their service was absolutely great and it made the whole bereavement process so much easier. I did the pre-need with my parents and they both had full funerals, but this just allowed us time to talk about what each of us wanted. After we talked about it, it allowed us to share that information with other relevant family members. It was the best possible experience under the circumstances.

Neptune Society response

Maureen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

The sales rep was very helpful and courteous and all that was expected has happened. We received our cards and the urn in the time he said it would come. We are pleased and happy we made the right choice with the Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Doye, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Pompano, FL office.

Neptune Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

• Best for: those planning for cremation, those needing immediate service and families of veterans.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information

www.neptunesociety.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use