Get a Free Quote
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

Neptune Society Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My oldest brother had signed up with Neptune and he has now passed away. They did an excellent job with him. They called me, told me he passed away and that they were picking him up. I had a couple things to get to them and I did it that day. We photographed our ID for the coroner, and I emailed that to him real quick, and a couple other things he wanted, and he got it going. There was something for a couple of hundred dollars and I gave him a MasterCard number. He put it down, charged me and away we went. They emailed me back, and everything was fine and taken care of. About three or four days later, I received his ashes. It was very efficient. Information was communicated and everything went real well.

I decided that I would sign up for myself and my wife. She’s on hospice now and I’m not far away. We’re both in our middle 80s. The fellow called me and he came up to see me. He came to my house and I was some familiar with it, so we just went through it a little bit. I told him what I wanted to make sure that was covered, and everything was paid for, so there were no surprises in the end. He assured me it was all one payment, and we were paid for. We signed up, I paid him and it didn’t take couple hours. I’ve got these things from Neptune, including a little box to keep the ashes in.

Neptune Society response

Ronald, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We were living in Green Valley at the time and we got a card in the mail from Neptune Society. The rep came over one evening, sat down and explained the whole program to us. It was what we were looking for so we signed up right then. As I’m the survivor, the service was very easy and efficient. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. He was picked up from the hospital shortly after they declared him gone and they were very nice on the phone when I talked to them about everything. I went over there the next day with my grandson and I signed all the paperwork. They explained what would happen and approximately how long it would take for the death certificate. Once it left them, it went to the hospital for the doctor, then it went to the county clerk’s office.

When we first got the service, we received two big boxes in the mail. We knew that it involved an urn, but we had no idea these beautiful boxes were coming. Inside were three different things to put the ashes in, and I have two children, so one went to each of them, which was very nice. Having that to take with us made everything so much easier for me. He was a heart patient but it was very sudden when he died, so they made the whole process so nice. The reps from Neptune were very professional and took care of everything for me. It was wonderful. What Neptune made so much more pleasant in a bad situation, Social Security did just the opposite. So, it was nice to have somebody looking out for you. I have recommended Neptune. I am talking with the ladies at church and there must be at least a dozen who have the services already, too. I’ve told them it just took so much worry off my mind.

Neptune Society response

Janet, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our easy and efficient services and that we were able to help you during those difficult moments.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My husband was 26 and 1/2 years older than me and I had buried a lot of people. He thought that I had done enough staring that he went and got his cremation paid for and done through the Neptune Society. We paid Neptune off but they tried to charge a $500 interest. I had to tell my husband that he gotta go back there. So, we got our $500 penalty that they tried to give us for nothing. I don’t think my husband knew that there was another cremation service but it worked out well. We have been free of the burden from when he passed away. His son came and asked me about Neptune. He was thinking about doing something like that because he has a daughter. I recommend Neptune Society. I don’t know another and don’t care to because Neptune did a wonderful job.

Neptune was nicer than a funeral home experience that I had where the way that the funeral director acted made me want to buy a funeral home just so I could not treat people like that. However, I found out that you gotta go to a school and do all these things in order to do that. The people at Neptune were very nice. They had a section where I could buy something if I wanted to but they weren’t pushy about it at all. They were more concerned about my needs and they were very good. They were very helpful in this difficult time. I’ve heard some horror stories so I’m trying to get people better information. People are asking about Neptune and I might go over there and get some cards from that guy and pass them out. Anything that could help you through a situation like that is a plus.

Neptune Society response

Hello Tearesa, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of Neptune Society, we are honored that your husband chose us to take care of his cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My deceased partner passed away at home. The police department warned me that it may take 20 hours for the coroner to pick her up. He also advised me to go look at the will if she had one. When I did that, I found the Neptune Society folder that she had pre-planned, and they were here within an hour and a half, muchly relieving the situation of having a dead one on the floor. So magnificent.

A man and a woman came and both were terribly sensitive. When the woman I love is laying dead on the floor, I noticed the people who picked her up were respectful, kind and considerate. I spoke to Jennifer, and I went down to the office a couple of times. She delivered me the ashes also. I give her the highest possible grade for human relations. I don't know how she can do that job everyday. She helped me through all the details. I even made a couple of additional purchases, a little vase and a picture frame to put ashes in, and they were delivered intact and on time and that was wonderful. She also helped me arrange to get the temporary death certificates to begin closing the estate down. But we have seen no final death certificate with the cause of death on it. That's not her, that's the coroner. But she gave me one wonderful piece of advice.

She said a lot of times, people in my situation have swiss cheese for brains, and it could not have described me better. My thinking is working, but I have holes in my rationales. And that really helped me two days later get a handle on everything and why I was so messed up over it. So, I applaud her more than the pick-up people. The situation went smoothly even more than I could have anticipated if I had known there was arrangements. But once I found the arrangements, it was a dream come true. In fact, they have called me and asked me to speak to a potential customer, and I have related the same thing I'm telling now. I'm a veteran myself, so all of that is taken care of. But if I wasn't, I'd be buying something from Neptune Society tomorrow. I heartily endorse the product and the people, and kudos to Jennifer. Thank you to Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Hello Ron, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your wife. On behalf of Jennifer and her Sherman Oaks Team, we are honored that you chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your wife!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Shannon was a beacon of light during some of the darkest days of my life after losing my mom unexpectedly. She was very warm and kind, responded promptly to emails and calls, was professional, and really helped us honor my mom and her life. I was out of town when my mom died and even though she wasn’t embalmed due to being cremated, they made my mom look natural and beautiful - exactly like herself - so I could say good-bye. This wasn’t part of the original plan so it was extra special that they were able to do this so I could see her one last time. Shannon was very organized and did a great job walking us through many tasks both in preparation of the memorial as well as tasks that needed attention afterwards. The memorial keepsakes are lovely, too. I am grateful our family had such a positive, easy experience during such a tragic time.

Neptune Society response

Hello Jen, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of Shannon and her Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during these tough moments, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

On December 30, 2019 my mother-in-law passed and it took Neptune Society of Santa Barbara four hours to pick up her body. Our payment was made years earlier for over $2400 and yet it took them 31 days to provide her remains and her death certificates despite repeated calls. The delay and unprofessionalism caused by these people caused much distress within the family who was trying to arrange services. On January 16, 2020 17 days after the passing of my mother-in-law my sister-in-law passed but instead of using Neptune Society we decided to use Reardon’s funeral home of Ventura. Reardon picked up her body immediately and had her remains to us along with the death certificates within four days for a cost of only $800. If it were possible I would sue Neptune Society Santa Barbara for this disgrace.

Neptune Society response

Matt, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply and sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with our service and any delays that you encountered. It is our understanding that our valued Funeral Director was in contact with you today and has personally provided the cremated remains of your loved one and the death certificate. We are very sorry that this happened and we take the full blame for the delays and inconveniences that you encountered, but I have hope that you and your family can understand the explanations provided. Please know that we treat every deceased loved one as if they were our own family member. Please understand that we listen to all criticism and take steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and for not meeting your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

A friend of mine that I work with told me about Neptune several months before my dad passed away. He told me that they were very pleased with how their experience was as far as the cremation service went. My father passed in October, and my brother and me went and got it all set up for him ‘cause he wanted to be cremated. I can’t say enough nice things about these people. They were great. The time when it was happening as far as when my dad passed ’til they came and started all the process up was not very stressful. They were very upfront with all the costs and how things work. The service manager in our local area here in Ohio, in Cleveland was very attentive. I was very appreciative of that.

Neptune Society response

Mike, please accept our condolences on the passing of your Loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our very attentive services and that we were able to help you and your brother during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

If you would like a company who does not notify you when they receive your family member’s body. Use Neptune Society of Seattle/Lynwood. If you would like a company who does not give their condolences. Use Neptune Society of Seattle/Lynwood. If you would like a company who does not initiate or return calls. Use Neptune Society of Seattle/Lynwood. If you would like a company who says they will send you documents and then does not. Use Neptune Society of Seattle/Lynwood. If you would like a company who makes the process of losing a love one more difficult. Use Neptune Society of Seattle/Lynwood. If you would like a company who says “Oh I am so sorry” “That never happens” “We will get right on it” and then doesn’t. Use Neptune Society of Seattle/Lynwood.

This has been my mother’s experience with the recent loss of my father. If you are looking to make the loss of a loved one easier for your surviving family, I would recommend looking elsewhere. As a follow up note, after a week of all of the above the exception was Mia ** who was very kind.

Neptune Society response

Scott, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your father. Neptune Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with our services so far and any lack of communication on our behalf. We are very sorry for the impression that you have of our staff and services and we respect your opinion. We treat every deceased loved one as if they were our own family member. Please understand that we listen to all criticism and take steps to ensure that any issues with our services or staff don’t happen again. We are aware that there was a communication concern at the beginning of your service and we take the full blame for that inconvenience and we deeply apologize. We are also aware that with Mia, you are in great care. It is our understanding that the service has been on the track based on the time frame that we promise and please also understand that we have been in constant contact we the Next of Kin throughout the service so far. As part of our policies, we only communicate with the designated executor of your father's affairs and that is the Next of Kin. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and for not meeting your expectations. If you would like any further explanation please do not hesitate to reach out to Mia directly as she will be more than happy to explain any confusion and keep providing her compassionate, kind and warm services. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Sunday, January 26, 2020. Our heartfelt appreciation goes out to the fine people at Neptune Society for the gracious and efficient manner in which they accommodated the passing of our brother, Andrew. Gentle and compassionate in their handling of his sudden demise, they helped us to meet the needs of the moment in a loving fashion. Additionally, the expense of the services rendered were quite reasonable and said services were tailored to the expectations of Andrew’s family and friends. Thank you so much to Tiffany ** and the excellent people at Neptune Society in San Antonio, Texas.

Neptune Society response

Hello David, we would first like to express our condolences for your brother Andrew's passing. It is our honor to take care of his cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. On behalf of Tiffany and her full team, we thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My sister set up with a cremation society, but I didn’t know which one. And so, I went through all of her papers and Neptune kept coming into my mind. The box that would contain a smaller box and the picture frame was at the house, but there was nothing on that box that says, "Neptune." I couldn’t identify anything, so I called Neptune and they verified it was her, and from then on, it was a great experience.

My sister was involved with Tidewell Hospice in Bradenton that took care of everything. The funeral home came and then they sent her ashes to me in Gainesville, Florida. Everything went very smoothly and the guy we worked with was very sympathetic. He did not push me or tried to talk me into anything other than what my sister had already planned. I also got Neptune for myself already. The lady came to my home, which was very nice. She sat down, we talked about what I wanted to have done, and she set me up with a plan. I paid for it, and I’ve gotten my box already in the mail. I also got the Neptune cards where I keep one in my wallet, one in my car, and one with my daughter. Setting up was very easy.

Neptune Society response

Anne, please accept our condolences on the passing of your sister. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our sympathetic services and that we were able to help make your experience very smoothly for you during this difficult time. Also, we are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning.

Neptune Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information