Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.45/5

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

Neptune Society Call Now Toll Free (800) 637-8863 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Neptune Society Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Original review: April 30, 2020

I went with Neptune Society but a couple of days afterwards, I cancelled my contract and I went with a different company. The first time I was introduced to this cremation was a little over a year before I met with the guy from Neptune, and I had kept the paperwork. I went to the presentation which was fine. I did sign up, but I had gone to this other presentation where I found a better deal. They were substantially less expensive for the same product. I saved over $1,000. You can cancel with Neptune within a month, and I did it early on. They did help me out and they didn't make it difficult to cancel, and I did get my refund recently. They said it could take up to 90 days, but it didn't. Then I was concerned about the Coronavirus making it even longer, but it turned out I did get it back.

I’ve been dealing with Neptune's West Covina branch. I was dealing with Noelle initially, but then when I cancelled, I’ve been speaking to their office and she helped me out. I sent her the form. I called the main office in Florida just to make sure my refund was on its way. But Noelle was quite helpful in West Covina, and there were a couple other people I spoke to. They were quite helpful in the refund area.

The telephone response has been good. Shortly after I did sign up, I had some questions. I spoke to the office manager at West Covina. He was quite communicative and friendly and I had positive response to him too. Initially, I wasn’t gonna change from Neptune to the other company, but then when they had this real rollback for the Coronavirus, it was a deal I could not pass up.

Get buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2020

My wife Cathy, and I have been Neptune members for many years. We joined because we liked their offer of service and we both felt cremation was easy and beneficial for each other and our families. Cathy passed away in Colorado Springs at 0330 on 19 February in our home. We planned her passing to be at home when she entered hospice care. The hospice nurse contacted Neptune that morning. I had requested they not pick Cathy up until after 0800. They did arrive between 0815 and 0830. Todd ** contacted me concerning Cathy's death. He was very compassionate and caring. He answered all my questions and helped with a viewing on Friday, 21 February for my son and his family.

The funeral home here in Colorado Springs has been most gracious. They returned Cathy to me today, 4 March. I am currently waiting for Cathy's clothes to be returned and to finish up any paper work and get her death certificates. I would heartedly recommend Neptune to anyone considering cremation. We have our burial arrangements made but if you do not, they can assist with contacting a local cemetery to arrange for burial. Thank you Todd, staff and the staff at Chapel of Memories for your help at this difficult time.

Neptune Society response

Hello Cliff, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your wife. On behalf of Todd and our Denver Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your wife!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I'm a nurse and I had numerous folks that had passed that had Neptune Society accounts. And when my sister passed away and I was looking for someone to help us out, that was the name that I could remember. I dealt with their rep Samantha and she was fantastic. She was a funeral director when I went there the first time and she got me through the entire process. Then just as everything was finishing up, Samantha mentioned that she was going to the sales end of it and leaving the funeral direction part of it.

At the time, we had to scramble for my sister, and my wife and I had decided that we weren’t going to put that on anybody else. So, we took care of signing up with Neptune and we tapped Samantha for that. She came out to the house and was very personable. She was also very friendly and got us through the process of getting signed up. One of the things that really attracted me when we went through the sales process was the returning your remains from wherever it happened. If everybody’s lucky, we go peacefully in our bed at home in our sleep and it’s not a drawn-out affair. But you hear the stories about people that were on vacations when they died and having that guarantee of getting the remains home was very comforting. ‘

Neptune Society response

Chris, please accept our condolences on the passing of your sister. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Samantha and our Spokane team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My oldest brother had signed up with Neptune and he has now passed away. They did an excellent job with him. They called me, told me he passed away and that they were picking him up. I had a couple things to get to them and I did it that day. We photographed our ID for the coroner, and I emailed that to him real quick, and a couple other things he wanted, and he got it going. There was something for a couple of hundred dollars and I gave him a MasterCard number. He put it down, charged me and away we went. They emailed me back, and everything was fine and taken care of. About three or four days later, I received his ashes. It was very efficient. Information was communicated and everything went real well.

I decided that I would sign up for myself and my wife. She’s on hospice now and I’m not far away. We’re both in our middle 80s. The fellow called me and he came up to see me. He came to my house and I was some familiar with it, so we just went through it a little bit. I told him what I wanted to make sure that was covered, and everything was paid for, so there were no surprises in the end. He assured me it was all one payment, and we were paid for. We signed up, I paid him and it didn’t take couple hours. I’ve got these things from Neptune, including a little box to keep the ashes in.

Neptune Society response

Ronald, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Our experience with Neptune Society was incredible. When my father, a vet, passed away on October 21st, Chris, our representative, told me exactly what was gonna go on and gave me the contact. He also called and kept us informed and made the whole process so easy and comforting. Neptune Society took care of scheduling everything and all we had to do was mourn. And when we had to get the death certificates, we didn’t know what to do or how many. We said 20, but they said to start with 10. They could have made a lot of money on us, but they didn’t. They cared about us and not the bottom line, and that really made the difference.

After I received the care that they gave me with my father and heard the love in Chris' voice, I said that I’m gonna use them too. When Rosanna came over and she signed me up she was incredible. She explained everything to me. She was so loving and comforting and understood my grief. When I was talking to her about my own arrangements, I said that I was on disability and I didn't have that much money. She put me into a plan that fit my budget, which was very comforting to me. Neptune Society is not false. Knowing that you’re being taken care of by somebody that really cares and does what they say is very comforting. Also, the weekly emails from them are very comforting too.

Neptune Society response

Linda, our condolences are always with you for your father's passing. On behalf of Chris and out Plantation team, we appreciate and thank you very much for your kind words and your time. It is an honor that you used our services. Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need anything. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Jacksonville, FL. My parents set up this service many years ago and when the time came to use it things were so smooth. It was very comforting not to have to worry about this during such a trying time in our lives. I thank Emily and everyone involved for such wonderful, professional, caring service.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Neptune keeps mailing us information for my husband's dead brother, nearly on his birthday, to make matters worse. He never lived here so we don't know how you got our mailing information but we are thankful these mailers haven't gone to his mother. This is worse than telemarketing and needs to stop.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Great customer service. Lori was able to answer all our questions. She even let us know of special boxes offered to veterans and other benefits. In the time of quarantine she was a breath of fresh air.

Original review: June 12, 2020

**Update to top it off! Came home to find a note still in the box saying to fill the picture frame with some ashes and guess what's not done! This whole experience has been a ** show and someone should not have to go through this after losing a loved one. Absolutely unprofessional and unorganized. They had my Stepfather (Jeff **) for 17 days! First excuse was doctor didn't sign the death certificate when I called to check up on the progress. It had already been 9 days since he passed away and no one seemed to notice they are storing a body with no signed death certificate. Then once I started calling every day it still took another 8 days until he was ready to be picked up and not to mention we told them when we would be coming and he was still not ready as they thought we had the box in which we gave them at the viewing/visitation. No one knows what's going on and they seem not to care one bit!

Original review: June 11, 2020

Neptune Society was a loving gift from my parents. During my mother's final days, just knowing that they would be there to help was a relief. After she died, Adam at Neptune Society was available right away to answer questions and advise me on what would be done for me and what I would need to do. Everything was paid for, and in the following days, Adam was readily available if I had a question. All of his help relieved a lot of stress.

Neptune Society author review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information