Call toll free
4.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Neptune Society is one of the largest cremation services providers in the nation. With over 40 years of experience and with more than 45 locations nationwide, Neptune Society has assisted many in carrying out final wishes for their loved ones with dignity and respect, but most importantly, in an affordable manner. Whether you are planning ahead or have an immediate need, Neptune Society is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our plans and services.

499 Neptune Society Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My experience with Neptune Society was just wonderful. Everyone was professional but compassionate. I believe the girl I spoke with almost daily was the best... Believe her name was Sarah and from Spokane.

Neptune Society response

Sheila, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. On behalf of Sarah and the team in the Spokane office, we are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Cremation services for my mother - Tim was very helpful and kind. We would recommend Neptune Society to anyone needing cremation services and acquiring the death certificates from the state. The entire staff is very professional.

Neptune Society response

Mark, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Tim and the Dallas team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

What I went through was horrible. The lies and then couldn't get a phone # for headquarters. When I did finally got a # to headquarters it wasn't until I said I was going to the BBB that they said they would refund my money and that was weeks ago and still haven't had my credit card refunded and this started for the cancelation and refund 14Nov18 today is 12/7/2018. I'm going to send everything to the BBB and they can take it from there. I would never tell anyone to go through with this company. Go through a reputable funeral home that has been in your community a long time.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Katrina at the Neptune Society in Reno, Nevada, was heaven sent. Her concern, caring, attention to detail, patience, understanding were and are remarkable. If I ever have to go through anything like this I would want her by my side.

Neptune Society response

Mary, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Katrina and her amazing compassion, patience, compassion, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My mom set everything up with Neptune Society. So when she passed away, she had already taken care of all the arrangements. Their service was very thoughtful and very respectful. Their reps were also great, very helpful, and very accommodating.

Neptune Society response

Hello Tom, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of Neptune Society, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neptune Society?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Recently I became a member of the Neptune Society. After checking out a few places I decided that Neptune was the place for me for pre-arrangements. When I phoned in for information I spoke with Kelly ** from the Tucson, AZ, office. She was friendly, caring, helpful and she offered to come to my home to introduce me to Neptune. She was thorough in her presentation and gave me plenty of time to ask the questions I wanted to have answers for. For me, it is important that I have the relocation plan that Neptune offers. As I was told, my member cards arrived in the mail within a couple of weeks as well as the beautiful, well-made box for the remains. I am happy I have made this decision and pleased to have it taken care of so my family will not have to add this to their to-do list upon my passing.

Neptune Society response

Beverly, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Kelly and the Tucson team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Tucson, AZ office.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My stepfather had Neptune, and when he passed, they were amazing. He also bought Neptune for my mom when they got married, and she recently passed. My husband and I both joined Neptune now because their compassion and caring for everyone are wonderful. From the top to the bottom, we had an outstanding experience. They never once belittled us. They made us feel like we were their family and it was their family that was also passing. It was an amazing adventure.

We liked how fast they were. Mom passed away on a Sunday. We went on Monday to sign the papers for the death certificate, and by Wednesday, we had the death certificate, we had the prayer cards laminated, and we had her ashes all by Wednesday. It was phenomenal. When Neptune came to the home to get mom’s body, I could not have been so pleased. No one at Neptune knew that quilt was her favorite blanket, and no one knew there that her favorite flowers were purple. So, when they came to pick her up, they said that they had brought in a gurney. She was in the bedroom and they wanted to know if we wanted them to stop so we could say our goodbyes. I said, “Absolutely not. We already said our goodbyes. You can just go ahead and take her.”

I saw them bring the gurney in but I didn’t really pay attention. But I asked a nurse from Hope Hospice if they were putting her in a black bag because I didn’t wanna see that. I have seen others do that. The nurse went out to their car and asked them if they were putting her in a black bag, and they told us it was actually clear. I said, “Oh, that’s even worse.” But when they came in with a gurney, they went on in to the bedroom and they were very polite. They asked, “Is it okay if we enter the room?” And when they came out, they did not put her in either bag. They had a sheet that they were able to wrap her in, and then they had a quilt. It’s green trimmed and it was just like a bed of purple flowers that was draped over her. It could not have been more perfect, more beautiful, and more peaceful to watch her go out that way. I was in amazement and so was my oldest daughter.

We were able to take advantage of Neptune’s preplanning services as well. We have them take out $50 a month, both for my husband and I. We only have another year to pay on it. My oldest daughter also got information to talk with her husband about it. I am telling every single person I know about how wonderful, how compassionate, and how loving and caring everyone at Neptune made us feel, and how fast they worked to accommodate us.

Neptune Society response

Hello Brenda, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of the Fort Myers Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My husband and I signed up with Neptune Society's pre-planning services several years ago and their price was reasonable. My husband passed away on September 8th so I was very pleased with all the help that we got from the representative named Jason in the Fort Myers area. The rep was very friendly, sympathetic, and just was there with any questions I had, provided all the information that I needed, and I have no complaints. I would like to sign up for myself but right now, I can’t do it. Still, I highly recommend Neptune.

Neptune Society response

Joani, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Jason and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My salesman was very nice & comfortable to work with. Disappointed in what we received, my name was spelled wrong on the cards, and I guess I misunderstood that when I told the salesman that we didn't want the box etc. we were still getting it and was charged for it. We were interested in a plain program. No service, no set up, just one that was going to make it easier for our children.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Our daughter in Texas whose husband is in the military told us about Neptune Society. We were told that they got the job done efficiently and inexpensively. I also started asking questions and apparently, people all felt the same way about it. So, I went with Neptune and most of my interaction was with Sarah who was the funeral director. She came to our home three times and she was lovely. Anything we needed or wanted or any questions we had, she had answers for us right away. Then, when Cadet passed and the hospice or nurse contacted Neptune for a pick-up, those people were lovely too. The whole experience was not wonderful from an emotional standpoint, but it was wonderful from kindness, caring, and efficiency standpoint. I would highly recommend it to anybody who was asking for a cremation service.

Neptune Society response

Barbara, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Sarah and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My husband died in the hospital and the hospital notified Neptune Society right away. Then, I had a call from them with their condolences. Also, they were available for me at any time like within the few hours. The prompt service was very good. And I like the prepaying. I was nervous about it if I prepaid and we weren't around to dispute it if there was a problem. But I was around after my husband passed away and the service was fine. My anxiety level was down.

Neptune Society response

Hello Jane, we would first like to express our condolences for your husbands passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I have worked with Shannon on 2 separate unexpected times. I can't say enough about her compassion and respect that she brings to a very, sad, heartbreaking and sometimes stressful time of life. The Neptune Society has responded promptly, kept me well informed of the process and made me and our family feel comfortable that our loved ones were in good care and being taken care of with the utmost respect and dignity. I have in the past, and will continue to recommend their services. Thanks to Shannon, Abby and Laura for all of their help. They are a great team to work with.

Neptune Society response

Hello Janet, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved ones. On behalf of Shannon and the Minneapolis team of Neptune Society, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of their cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Ms. ** came to our home at our request and met with my husband and I and my brother. She was very pleasant and answered all of our questions. She had mailed to us some information prior to our meeting. We were very pleased with the information we received and all three of us contracted with Neptune at that time. Our memory boxes, etc. were delivered a few days later. We are all 100% satisfied with the service we were provided by Neptune thus far.

Neptune Society response

John, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Neptune Society of Portland, OR office.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I am somewhat pleased with the service so far that I have received from Neptune Society. Ashley as well as the other person in the office was very pleasant and friendly. They were helpful as well as showing sympathy for my loss. They showed that they had cared. I will know more later when the cremation is complete and I have my sister's Ashes. It's still too soon for me to rate it higher than a 4 star at this moment.

Neptune Society response

Hi Pamela, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Ashely and her team for the service that you are receiving. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Funeral director Amy ** deserves a raise. Hands down... Her compassion, helpfulness and heartfelt empathy throughout this process cannot be measured. Neptune Society’s professionalism, organization and thoroughness have been amazing. I’d give them 6 stars if given the option. Thank you Neptune Society for how you have help me honor my family and the handling of their final services.

Neptune Society response

Hi John, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored to hear that you and your family were completely satisfied with Amy and her amazing care. We are also glad that we were able to help you and your family through this difficult time. On behalf of Amy and the New Orleans team of Neptune Society, we thank you for your kind words online. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

When we put my mother-in-law in the hospice, we knew she was gonna be cremated. We were given some options of who we should be looking into so I researched them online and thought Neptune Society was the best fit. They were very reasonable for their cost and very genuine. We met with an RN from the facility and then the main gal, and they were very nice and concerned. Even after we went with them, they contacted me a couple of times. I had a really good experience with the gal who sold it to us. I actually knew her sister, which was ironic, 'cause I had no idea until I was looking at her. She was very sweet and she laid everything out for me. I also had all my questions set out for her so it worked well.

We got the preplanned preplanned services and I like the sense of knowing that everything will be taken care of when my mother-in-law pass. When she did, nobody had to scramble to do something and it was just done. Neptune had been very nice and they were an awesome people to work with. If you're considering them, I could give out their handouts that they gave me.

Neptune Society response

Michele, please accept our condolences on the passing of your Mother-in-Law. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you and your family were satisfied with our staff, with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs from the moment of your first meeting with our amazing Minneapolis office staff. thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

After we met with the salesperson who came here, we had no more contact with Neptune until my husband passed away. But I knew that everything was taken care of and that my family wouldn’t have to be concerned about finances or bills that wouldn’t be covered because it’s already paid upfront. But I would suggest to others that they shop around before they make a commitment. There is a financial difference between Neptune and what I’ve heard about other companies. Last week, I talked to someone who found a company that was $1,000 less and she got excellent service too. Still, I would give Neptune high marks for everything that they did, as well as for their compassion and attention to detail.

Neptune Society response

Hi Elaine, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your husband chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Everything was great with Neptune Society. They were wonderful and they didn’t try to do a hard sell. They just helped us. I knew what I wanted it and they explained everything. The preplanned service was simple and easy to do. We'll do it again when the time comes for other things. A neighbor also had a good experience with Neptune Society. They were the ones who told us about the company.

Neptune Society response

Hi Judy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My father passed away on a weekend and we found the documentation that my father had been working and buying prepaid cremation services through Neptune. I got a weekend person who was out in St. Louis or Kansas City. Her name was Julie and she started everything to help me. And then Mike, the one in charge of Indianapolis did the rest of it. All my questions were answered and they took care of anything and everything. It was a pleasant experience. If you wanna be cremated, go Neptune. They did a good job.

Neptune Society response

Hello Dawn, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father. On behalf of Julie, Mike, and the Neptune Society team, we are honored that your father chose us to take care of his cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My parents made arrangements with Neptune Society a number of years ago. They gave me the card and let me know about the company. My father passed away suddenly in a rehab home. At the time, he had just been released from the hospital. Everybody was expecting everything to go fine but then he didn't wake up in the morning. I was totally flummoxed so I gave the nurses the Neptune card and they called the company to cover everything. They came and picked up my mother and got his effects. They delivered those to me. Afterwards, they called to have me come in and they explained the whole process. I was very comforted as I had no clue as to what to do.

The people at Neptune were super kind. When I called with questions, they always answered right away. It's a terrific organization. My parents arranged things 10 or 15 years ago in another state and Neptune had all the records. That was very impressive because I initially thought that everything was going to be a mess and Neptune was not going to know what was going on. But then, everything was there. Someday, my husband and I would definitely consider Neptune. It was a very comfortable experience.

Neptune Society response

Hello Mary, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father. On behalf of Jacksonville Team, we are honored that your parents chose us to take care of their cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your father!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My father wanted to be cremated and Neptune Society had spoken with him and he had been making the payments for the arrangements. He had everything pre-arranged before I ever knew Neptune Society even existed. I spoke with them when he passed away and Sarah, the rep that my sister and I dealt with, was really, really helpful and sincere in explaining everything. That place was so amazing. When I went back to pick up my father's ashes, I was by myself and I was upset. Sarah really seemed concerned and gave me a couple of pointers and different things that could help with the grieving process. It was a really good experience considering the circumstances.

Neptune Society response

Keith, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We are pleased to hear that you, your sister and your family were satisfied with Sara and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Replied to USPS and 2 weeks ago and scheduled my seat. Drove 20+ miles to venue and arrived 15 minutes early. Diner staff said this Neptune bunch from Charlotte had canceled the seminar. I had no prior notice. Waste of my tie and gas. Elder abuse?

Neptune Society response

Hello William, How are you? Firstly, I would like to extend my apologies for the big inconvenience that you encountered trying to attend to one of our lunch seminars. To clear up a bit of the confusion and/or the misunderstanding with your response to us via USPS, I would like to inform you that at this moment we as a corporate office do not have that type of seminar registration channel in place, therefore we never had any records on our end about your interested attendance. Our registrations for a spot to attend one of our seminars are all via online or by phone with one of our sales representative or through the office directly. Now, we would like to talk to you and make this up to you if you are kind enough to give us that opportunity. Our Sales Regional Manager for the North Carolina area, Kevin Mills, is aware of this situation and he personally would like to speak with you, answer any questions that you may have and personally sign you up to our next lunch seminar, so you can enjoy a bite on us with a bit of information about our services. Please call Mr. Mills direct personal cell phone at 937-219-0607. Again, we deeply and sincerely apologize for the trouble that you went through and for the major inconvenience that you experienced. Your satisfaction is our priority.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Over 5 years ago my parents bought with Neptune. My dad didn't want us to be stuck paying for his cremation and services. He paid them 1800.00 in full. He passed away 8/14/2018 and was cremated. Yet this week my mom was informed Neptune refuses to pay. Why? Because he passed away in Oregon. They have locations nationwide. There is a home office in Portland 6 hours away from my mom. Mom is 76 years old and had to watch her husband slowly die in her living room. She doesn't deserve this company to take away the peace of mind that dad paid to give her. Thank you. I just had to write this! I want others to know before buying.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have family members who used Neptune Society's services. When I decided to do the same, I interacted with Ben ** who has been amazing. He left his child’s birthday party to speak to me the very first night when we were calling and I was telling him that I was so lost, confused and that I didn't know what to do. He called me several times thereafter to see how I was doing. He told me that it was difficult to talk about me and my future but we needed to do that. I've already recommended them even to people who said that they would save a few dollars by going someplace else. They didn't go with Neptune and they're very sorry they didn't.

Neptune Society response

Cindy, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Ben and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

My mother was very impressed with Neptune Society and with the services so I talked it over with my husband, and we decided to look into it. A woman came to our home and we liked her and the presentation. There was no pressure at all and it just seemed like a really good idea. We both got the travel insurance because we liked to travel and the fact that we wouldn’t have to ship a body back from wherever it was we were, I thought that was good and it seemed affordable. After my husband passed away and when I finally had to take care of his ashes and go through all the stuff that you have to go through, they made it very easy and simple. It was very positive under the circumstances.

Neptune Society response

Theodora, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Denver team of Neptune Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I received a flyer in the mail which advertised the services of the Neptune Society. I'm only 58 but it's never too late to plan ahead so I requested a catalog. The postpaid card provided two request options: Request a catalog and/or request a phone call. I selected the catalog option but did not check the phone call option. I already know I want to be cremated and at this point I'm reviewing companies. I didn't want a call.

A representative of the company called the evening of 09-04. He began the call almost immediately by wanting to set up a time to come over. He repeated this several times throughout the call and was quite aggressive. He almost immediately tried to sell me on setting up a payment plan. I tried to tell him several times I was just shopping but he was pretty adamant about coming over. I finally had to forcefully tell him that I didn't need him to come over. I just wanted a catalog. He said he could email it faster but I he never did. Based on this experience I will never utilize the services of the Neptune Society.

Neptune Society response

Hi, Phil, we have been messaging you since October 2nd, 2018, requesting for more information that will allow us to address your concerns but we have not heard back. Please feel free to respond at any time, and our team will be ready to assist you or please feel free to reach us directly at Online.Reviews@scidirect-us.com Thank you in advance!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Buyer beware! We were referred by a friend and when we met with the sales rep she presented their offering without full disclosure about the cost of the cremation service and the additional cost for a box to put the remains in. They lump the two together and tell you it will cost only $35 a month. What we weren't told was that the box cost $1300! It's not worth anywhere near that and you can buy a very nice urn or box on Amazon for a fraction of that. Had we known that we were paying $1300 for a cheap box, we never would've agreed to buy it but it was never presented as an option. When I called about returning it, I was told it was beyond the 30 day period to get a refund. When I explained that the sales rep misrepresented the cost of the box, they could care less and wouldn't refund our money. If you are looking into this service, get all the facts before signing anything!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Alvin handled all of my arrangements with the utmost care and respect. I did all my arrangements while in the state of FL. When my son's ashes were ready he personally delivered his remains to a close family friend for me. Alvin called me many times to answer questions and to make recommendations. I thank you for helping me ease some of my pain. I give you the highest of references.

Neptune Society response

Hi Barbara, thank you so much for sharing your experience online. We are very sorry for the loss of your son. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Alvin and the full Neptune Society team, we thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that all of the arrangements were handled with the utmost care, love, and respect. Please know that we are always here to help.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I called National Cremation Society and Neptune got back to me first. Their team helped me out and they made sure I had whatever I needed. They always returned calls as well. Jason, the person who I worked with, did a great job too. We tried to get their preplanning services, but we didn't have the time and it just didn't work out. Still, I was very satisfied with Neptune. They were very good and they would bend over backwards.

Neptune Society response

Hi Laura, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Neptune Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you call us and we call you back and that we were able to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jason and the Fort Myers team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Sara ** was very helpful when we were planning and making arrangements for my brother's remains. I appreciate her making it easier at a difficult time. She and others in the office answered questions and gave us directions since we were from Texas we did not know where to go to take care of my brother's things. They went beyond just doing their jobs. We appreciated all they did for us. Wonderful people caring and helpful. Thank you.

Neptune Society response

Shirley, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and hearing your experience online with Sara. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that our wonderful service was caring and helpful and that we went beyond your expectations. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Neptune Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The Neptune Society is one of America’s largest providers of cremation services. The company was founded in 1973. Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. The Neptune Society has over 45 locations nationwide.

• Cremation planning: The Neptune Society offers cremation planning services. These services help people develop a funeral plan.

• Immediate needs services: The Neptune Society offers immediate need services. You can either report a loved one’s passing online or call Neptune Society directly.

• Service for veterans: The Neptune Society offers special services for veterans. They help families with VA reimbursement for services, headstones and certificates.

• Online resources: The Neptune Society website hosts a number of online resources. These include articles and information about cremation and funeral planning.

• Resource videos and guide: Neptune Society provides informational online videos about cremation and funeral planning. You can also request a free planning guide.

• Best for: those planning for cremation, those needing immediate service and families of veterans.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Neptune Society Company Information