1.32/5
Based on 117 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

124 Jack In the Box Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I went into the Kingman, AZ location, on 11/7/2018 at 6:05pm and the first thing was the attitude of the young woman that took my order. Very nasty attitude, then she could not calculate change, and was complaining that the option for auto calculation had been not working properly and she should "get a raise" for her having to math. The order when I got it home was just garbage, and most of it incorrect.

I immediately called the store where I got yet another happy employee who told me that there was no manager and I have to go online to call the corporate office that they cannot give it out since they are a franchise, then refused to give me his name stating that he was not allowed, and then finally at 3:30pm on 11/23/2018 I called the store again, and got the same man and I told him that I have not had any luck getting a manager or general manager or anyone from corporate, he told me to go online and fill out a complaint form that they are a franchise. I asked who the general manager was and again was told that they do not give out that information. My order was approx 28.00 and today is the 23rd. NOTHING has been done from this restaurant, it is clear that customer service, especially with franchises is just not in the job description.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

This is my second time going to this Jack In the Box buying caramel mocha coffee. The first was just as bad as the second one. It appeared to me that the person that was making the coffee did not know how to make the combination work.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So I just went to the Jack In the Box on Ella and 18th in Houston, Texas 08/30/2018 12:33:12 pm and I ordered the Wakey Bakey bowl... the idea of a breakfast bowl excites me, because I really like breakfast as a meal BUT this one lacked the luster. it was very greasy and the so called bacon seemed like actual fat from who knows what animal. I spent most of the meal spitting out fat or fat gristles that was supposed to be the bacon that I wanted to puke... Come on Jack, take some of the mess off of your menu and stop spending so much money on commercials and spend some on quality food and ingredients. I mean if you want to be a full scale restaurant then invest in real cook and real food and some venues with class... smh, YOU LOSE ON THIS ONE!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Long line, filthy restaurant while employee jokes with other employee while I suppose on break. When I complained about service employee told me if I don't like service, why was I there. Bad service is common to all Jack's restaurant which often are out of rice when I order the chicken teriyaki bowl. Jack has taken the lead in worst service and poorly trained employees in the fast food business.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Today 8-13-18 at 11:30 pm me and my ** friends decided to go to Jack In the Box on 4866 South Maryland St. in Las Vegas Nevada. The customer service was very rude when we walked in. No one acknowledged that we were there nor did they say, "Wait one moment and we will be with you." We waited in line for 10 minutes. There were people behind us also in line. The lady looked at us, rolled her eyes, and walked to the back which was very rude. We decided to walk out. When I look back I noticed that she decided to help the ** guy behind us which they all were ** employees that work there and I thought that it was very racist of them not to help us and these are people you should not want to represent your business. I tried to contact the corporate office website and it does not even allow you to fill out all the necessary fields to make a complaint. I will never do business with this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jack In the Box?

Original review: July 24, 2018

The employees were sloppy and dirty, including the manager. The soda fountain didn't work, the restrooms were gross, the food was so gross and cold we threw it away and left. They were slow and unapologetic, including the manager. The order line was long and slow. Potential customers were leaving. The entire crew needs to be fired. DO NOT EAT AT JACK IN THE BOX IN WINNIE, TEXAS.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Ordered a jumbo jack combo. When I got home and started to eat my burger I felt something going down my throat and started pulling out a 12 inch black hair. I called and talked to the manager and she said I would have to bring it back because it couldn't be their hair because they use hairnets. I decided to take the burger and hair back to the manager and she snatched out of my hands and took it to the back. She then made all the employees go in the back and put on hairnets.

I was videotaping the employees and one of them mouthed ** to me and wave her hand up in the air at me. She got in my face and told me to turn off the video and I said no. She proceeded to follow me to the car and mouth ** to me while videotaping me. On the clock and out in the parking lot harassing people. I didn't get a sorry, refund, etc. Just disrespect. I called the corporate office and haven't heard anything back. I will never eat there again. Dirty, rude and disrespectful.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Drive thru #173. Time 11:13:35 pm. I went thru the drive and ordered 1 order of 3 egg rolls and 2 monster taco and asked for taco sauce and sweet and sour. Jabrina was very pleasant during the order from the beginning and the end. I went and paid and it was an different employee. I paid and asked if the sauce for the tacos and egg roll was in the bag. He was like yeah. With me being the only person in the drive thru I trusted him. Yet again no sauce for my order. HOW many times does this have to happen yet I get no response from this location. Egg rolls with sauce completes order. Taco taste better with sauce yet none... A slow stormy night in Lees Summit and can’t get any sauce.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Jack In The Box Wheat Ridge, Colorado (52nd & Kipling). I have been going to this location for a while. I always ask to have my food made cooked fresh. Received a cold sandwich, took it back and received a fresh one. My second sandwich which was a chicken sandwich was cold. I had asked to have it cooked fresh. The manager who was yelling at his employees and threatening to fire them if they did not work faster told me never to return to his store. All this for asking for a fresh sandwich. I could see being told Never To Return if I was rude, but I was polite. I am sorry to see that this is how certain companies do not believe in customer service and how they treat their workers. The opinion is that People are like PIGS. They will eat anything.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I ate the garbage food they offer last night. Came to defecate it today, it came out in chunks. There was no digestion. Either it's not food they're selling or it's just filled with so many chemicals it's not digestible. It even smelled the same. I didn't know my ** had taste buds until I tried Jack in the Box. I could taste the bacon coming in, AND going out. Jokes aside and I don't need to be an expert analyst to realize these fast-"food" chains are one of the biggest reasons why there's so much cancer out there. Cook your own food!

Original review: April 15, 2018

About 5pm Saturday, I went into the drive thru. Surprisingly, they weren't very busy. The gal took my order but kept cutting me short. Finally completed ordering but never was told the price. Drove to the window. Noticed I couldn't see inside. The window was filthy. The slide thingy was filthy too. I waited almost 15 minutes to get my order. Like I said before, they weren't very busy. I checked the bags. The order was complete. Drove home just one mile exactly. Traffic was great.

Got inside to eat. Took first bite of the Spicy chicken sandwich. Dried, stringy and chewy, like it was overcooked and sat under a heat lamp all day. Couldn't eat it. Went to eat my other sandwich. Cold. PLUS it was smothered in sauces. Drenched my hand before I even got it out of its container. The jalapeno poppers were overcooked and room temperature. The cheesecake was bagged separately and it was warm. Very warm! Gave the entire order to my dogs. My dogs eat anything. They sniffed around it and walked away from it. Now I'm even MORE pissed because I have to clean it up as well.

I tried contacting Jack to no avail. Needed a receipt number but it flew out the slide thingy when they gave me my drink along with my dollar bill in change. Terrible experience PLUS I'M DIABETIC and I had to turn around and go the McDonald's to eat. I did NOT return to Jack because I didn't want to go to jail and I needed to eat right away as diabetics often do. So I wasted $20 on a meal that got thrown (and blown) away. I want my money back. Not credit for a future meal. MONEY!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I tried writing a complaint to Jack In the Box about my experience this morning and after all the content was written, and I pressed send and the information disappeared. So here I am now after the frustration of the cursor jumping all over the place and erasing content I had already written. 15 minutes for an order. I ordered 2 for $4 croissants and wanted to order 2 more. The attendant walks off in the middle of taking my order and starts delivering drive-thru orders after I have waited 3-5 minutes to be acknowledged. The attendant cooking starts to make apologies but I told her I came inside because the drive-thru had at least 6 cars ahead of me, She says, "You don't have to talk loud" and I tell her this is my regular voice and what is going on.

The order attendant finally comes back and finishes my order. I give her the money in her hand and she lays my change on the counter. I said, "Oh this is how we do business now." Then they start talking to each other in their language. I could pull the race card but this is plain old rude. Finally, I ask for my money back, and she says, "You don't want it" and I say, "I do but you have wasted all of my time." I have no choice to wait because I have a 9 and 3 year old to feed before they go to school, Thanks for ruining my morning breakfast with my grandsons. Learn to balance the drive thru and walk-ins. I could have cooked at home in 15 minutes.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Jack In the Box is a clean fast food place that is good to eat at and order out. Children are welcome here. They have good food for a good price and nice people that work there.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Took my family to this place at 1700 El Camino Real San Bruno, CA Jack In the Box. Came home. Kids had severe diarrhea in the evening, and at night I thought I am going to die. It woke me up 12 am, for me this happened differently than kids. I thought alien is going to come out of my stomach just in movie Aliens. Yea and it is not funny, it hurt very bad. I told my wife to call ambulance, by the time she called it got less painful and she did not call. Kids still for two days have diarrhea, in school they went to bathroom multiple times. They need to get sued for this, I called them multiple times and they did not answer. I reported this to Poison control.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After ordering a jumbo jack with only lettuce, tomato & mayo & repeating myself CLEARLY 7-8 times they STILL handed me back burger incorrectly! I handed it back through the window & then received a burger made correctly, however the meat was wafer thin, the lettuce was soggy and I had the tiniest tomato I have ever seen. I told the young man at the drive-through window that I would be calling the 800-number and reporting my experience. He did not seem shocked nor concerned. Jack in the Box has clearly went downhill.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Got Four chicken sandwiches me and friend. The chicken sandwiches were burnt, were not that great and also the mayonnaise only put on the top part of the bun every little mayonnaise. I don't eat out at fast food that much. Was on Gateway the food has gone downhill and would not eat there again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

The commercial on TV for the new Jack In the Box rib eye burger looks so juicy and yummy and delicious, so it isn't enticed me enough to go get one, and it was nothing like the picture on TV. It was a dry burger. It tasted like it was frozen and it just was not what I expected. If you advertise something it should look like that when you order it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

The new Ribeye Burger I was very unsatisfied. I should've just got a Jumbo Jack with cheese. The Ribeye Burger meat Patty was so small and dry. The meat itself has no flavor to it. Like a said I should've just got a Jumbo Jack with cheese and P have the price, very, very unsatisfied. Where I bought this burger was on telegraph and Oakland.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

It took my order 25 minutes to go through the drive-through with only being the 3rd person. One order took 15 minutes. The next order-10 minutes. This is extremely unprofessional and lacking work ethic as well as preparedness. This is called a fast food “restaurant” not a long wait restaurant. Lorencia the manager was unseen when asked to speak from her and no apology or compensated customer service for the extreme long wait. This is absolutely unacceptable for your restaurant and needs to be correctly immediately or don’t have a restaurant at all!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Unhappy with the way business is run. Must not want business always late opening. Closes early due to cook being late. WTH??? We will never go back. We will try and tell everyone about this pathetic "BUSINESS PLACE????" WHAT A JOKE! PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES IN TOWN TO GO TO. SAVE YOURSELF FROM GOING HERE. IT'S FILTHY INSIDE!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Not really clean wherever you visit. I kind of avoid this whenever possible. It appears un-cleanliness is the motto. Why God why? Food quality is OK though.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Food is almost always very good, especially considering it's a fast food chain. Service is always above and beyond. Employees are friendly and ensure you are taken care. My favorite, the Sriracha burger. They are fast food at its best.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I went to Jack located on 10300 Central Ave Los Angeles CA 90002 and it has been real bad. Rat inside the kitchen and employers just like nothing. One of them just laugh. Besides real bad service the manager same bad attitude. Won't go back. Worst restaurant I been to.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I must show my appreciation for Elizabeth. She is by far the most friendliest, most kindest, most helpful employee at Jack In the Box store #540. She is also always dressed very nice and professional and from what I have witnessed goes out of her way to help customers such as myself. For example she remembers my favorite things to order so that saves me time to get back home to my family after a long day of work. Thank you. :)

Original review: May 21, 2017

Okay so lemme just let y'all know me and my girlfriend live in VA, the Commonwealth State. We came up to Charlotte to come to Carowinds, it's a theme park. We noticed there was a Jack in the Box by our hotel and we don't got them near us. So of course we had to go head and peep it. We wanted some damn ac so we came inside to order and eat. I had noticed they got mad stuff on the menu and me and my shorty got mad hyped. So we got like 50 bones worth of food, buncha cheese burgers, buncha chicken, buncha tacos, eggs rolls, you name it we was eating it. Milkshakes, hot dogs, chicken, caesar chicken, milkshakes, burger sodas, you name it we got it. It was pretty good. You know what I'm saying it was alright.

Everything going good we vibing, we eating. We decide it's time to head back to the hotel so we ask for some to go bags. Lady at the register start laughing at me maybe cause I'm a portly fella, maybe cause I got a greasy face, who knows but it pissed me off. I said, "Damn lemme just get a bag so we can munch up later." We finally get the bags and I'm a little heated I started sweating maybe.

We go to leave and I see the manager outside picking up trash. I'm like, "Damn what a dude". He out here making more money than anyone and he still getting his hands dirty. I see him go to pick up this large ball of trash come to find out it's a damn sleeping raccoon!!! This raccoon jumps on the manager and I start to flip out. I'm so scared for my life. I mean terrified. I try to help him out but then the raccoon turns on me. He got this beady yellow eyes looking like he on steroids. I think he been eating too many these monster tacos cause man dude was strong. He pounce on me with the quickness and after what seem like an hour.

Me and shorty ** finally get this damn raccoon off me. Manager think it's funny even though I came in like the large knight I am to save his butt. We think we good to go, try to squeeze into the car and realize there a whole damn army of these raccoons. Each one bigger and fatter than the next. We manage to escape but I just wanna say y'all gotta get these raccoons under control. I can't be risking my life for some chicken, milkshake, sandwiches.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I asked if they could simply throw away a can of coke that was empty after making a purchase in the drive through. They denied me saying that I could go throw it in the big dumpster in the parking lot. They can touch it. What the kinda customer service is that. I'm very disappointed. I asked for the manager. Turns out her name is Sylvia. She tells me the same thing the window girl told me. I'm dumbfounded. It's kind of silly that they would not throw away a simple empty can of Coke. Makes customers not want to come back when they have such a crappy service. Today is Sunday April 9th 2017 approximately 1 p.m. I would suggest Jack in the Box does something about this because it will lead to not having as many customers as they would like. I have no order number as a did not give me a receipt for my purchase.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I go mostly for my service animal. Today I used the restroom, after I Sat on the seat it moved several inches to the left and caught my shin between the bowl and the ring. Since I was sitting I could not get up. All my weight had shifted and I almost fell off. But my skin was under the ring and I was pinched on. It hurts so bad I screamed. Now I can't walk right. My skin is burning and hurts. The girl at the counter turn away and laughed with the manager. How rude!

Original review: March 29, 2017

I went to order a number 29 from the breakfast menu and once I got my order I left. I didn't check my order since I'm a customer but once I got to my location I checked and I legit just got the buns. I immediately called and they asked for my name and then they said I can either take it back now or some other day and they gave me the exact order. But now I know to check my bag every time now.

Original review: March 29, 2017

After class my mom came to pick me up with my brother and we went to Jack In the Box to eat something because we were hungry. They took too long for our order. After we got we asked if everything was in and they said yes. After we got home I checked the bag and they forgot my chicken strips because I order a number 9 chicken strip combo and they gave me the drink and fries but not my chicken strips. So me and my mom went back and I went inside this time and they had my order right there and they did not even say sorry.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

They are giving out old food. I went to Jack In the Box this early morning hungry after working all day. Could barely afford to eat. Spent the last of my money on garbage and now still hungry with no money or gas to go back. Plus the person I couldn't explain my order any simpler. She repeated it. It was right but the food was sicking. It looked like they saved an old sandwich from way earlier that day. I mean it looked so old that I almost puked on top of that. Still ice cold pancakes. I mean really ice cold pancakes. Cold sandwich which was smelling like old mayo covered in it to hide that nasty ** taste. It was bad I tell you. That food poisoning is no joke. I got real sick from their food about a month ago. Haven't eaten there until today only cause it was the only thing open.

Got my food. Didn't eat it. Couldn't. I tried cause I was starving but now I go to bed with hunger pains and feeling sick. You know it's happened too many times. Five times food poisoning due to old left out food. Very I mean I was so nasty couldn't even eat the rock hard pancakes. Citrus and Rowland in Covina and illegals working as well. Tired of getting messed up food from Jack In the Box illegals. It needs to stop. They serve us old ** orders and give the fresh food to their family which are waiting outside so they can swap it out with food they saved earlier that day. She figured it was late so who cares. Well it happens too much with this corporation.

Very upsetting. Will never eat their crappy food again. I tired of wasting my hard earned taxed money for nothing. It's upsetting. Now I still am hungry and no money so I have to work this morning again but with little energy caused case Jack In the Box has old food. I pay full price for the food and this is what I get as a customer. When is this not gonna happen anymore.

Jack In the Box Company Information