2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.3/5 (153 ratings)

About Jack In the Box

Jack In the Box Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jack In the Box?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jack In the Box?

Original review: March 3, 2021

So... I order a meal from Jack in the Box and they get my order wrong. Long ** line... I'm hungry, I thought it be worth. Turns out, my burger was wrong, so I rejoin the long ** line to fix my order cause we can't go inside due to covid. I give them the receipt and my order... After waiting an extra 30 minutes on the side for them to make me my proper order, they come out with... just the burger. Not the entire order that I paid for, fries and stuff missing... The line got longer and hit the entry into the parking lot... I drive home sad, and i'm not even hungry anymore. That legit killed my appetite. This is a location in San Antonio Texas.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Worst Jack in the Box ever. If I could give it 0 stars I would. So unprofessional and never have items on the menu. I would recommend never visit this store. Worst experience in my life. 6060 Long Drive Houston Tx.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Store #3720. 1/28/21 at 3:12am. My son get hungry at this late time for food so we drive 15 min to get there. At that time we are only in line but we still wait for 15 to 20 min to get our food. I was already mad so if I didn’t pay for food I would definitely leave. Waiting all this time make me to just get food and leave. Finally we got our order without thank you or have a good night.

We didn’t check our order there because it was already three cars in line. Coming home we sit finally to eat our food but dang food was thrown in our bags. I order bacon cheddar wedges but no bacon and just sip of cheese. Chicken fajita pita I think only have chicken and pita bread. Everything else was missing especially tomatoes and cheese. Plus we are not offered any sauce with. Cheese bacon tots have very poor bacon.

I’m already mad because I was thinking $26 food deserves little more than what we get. I want to call store immediately but guess what no receipt which phone number. Then I realized Guy didn’t give me my credit card back. So I must drive 15 min back to get my card. Guy on front grab card before I even say anything and handle to me. When I mention receipt he also grab a receipt in a second and handle to me. So I ask him who made food you or and he say she made food so I ask for name and her name is strange like mine but it’s something like Shumera or something like that. I apologize but really don’t remember. When I tell him just inform her I will call corporate in the morning he then ask what is wrong. After tell him all mistakes I just got one cold sorry.

This is the worst place we ever get food from. Service is cold face without any nice words or something. His uniform was filthy and pants are so low I was thinking they will fall any min. I made pic for Proof and I will write reviews anywhere I can about this. I really think this is too many mistakes for one order. My family will never eat in Jack In The Box ever.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I didn’t have any transportation at the time so I order Jack In the Box through Postmates. I ordered a meal deal, 2 orders of 3 piece egg rolls, a bunch of tacos and when my food arrived there was no taco sauce, no sweet and sour sauce, not even catsup for the fries. My main complaint was there was nothing for the 6 egg rolls I paid $11 and some change for and I feel egg rolls just are not very good plain with nothing to dip them in so here I am out $11.00 and since it happened on Saturday there isn’t one person you can possibly talk to. This happened from the jack in the box on southern/mill and I called at least 15 times and it goes straight to voicemail, I left a message and no one bothered to call me back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Jack In the Box, 220 NUT TREE PKWY. VACAVILLE, CA 95687, It was Saturday August 8, 2020 at after 5pm, If you are asked to park and wait for your order, it’s ok, but when they give you the order and don’t wait to see if everything is there Like you ordered and they go inside, then you realize a few things are missing. You try to tell them very politely but the manager comes running and screaming at you to get out and she doesn’t want to hear you and yells at you to get out to the line in drive through, and won’t stop yelling???.

I felt offended by her atiende and she made me get mad. I couldn’t even enjoy my food after all it got cold. She could of just come out and tell us they were going to finish my order because I was already waiting for my order and just had received part of my order. She needs to learn some education. I feel bad for the poor workers; I can only imagine that she doesn’t treat them nice with respect. I will never go there again. I hope someone does something about it. I’m sure they do this all the time.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I ordered 2 of the Southwest Cheddar Burgers last night. The picture of the burger on the menu shows sauce on the top and bottom and sauteed onions. None of those things was included on our burgers. The only thing good about this burger was the bun.

Original review: June 17, 2020

My husband who is a truck driver went to the drive up window where there were no cars and explained he drove a semi and just wanted to order a meal. He was turned away because he was not in a vehicle. He is an essential worker and during Covid it has been really hard for drivers to get meals. I wrote to corporate and they said this is their policy. This is so stupid. They would not even have a job if it were not for truck drivers or food in the stores. What are they thinking.

Original review: May 9, 2020

So disappointed. Used to love Jack in the Box. We are patient and easy going people! But we had to leave a message with Jack in the Box corporate complaints. She was very nice and said that the store manager would call me back in 3-4 business days. Contacting store manager. Ordered at 4/23/20 315pm, river/oracle, no receipt, no smiles from either employee. Maybe having a hard day? Shorter, blonde. Missing burger, drove back, no sorry but said she put 2 tacos with it. Ok ty..?? Started eating hamburger... Bottom bun was the texture of a giant crouton all the way through. Didn't have a receipt, didn't care to go back over, let it go... Fine... Ate 3 bites, didn't taste as good as I remember, looked at no cheese... Really? Ok. Made up with the tacos to make us feel better. Both messy fingers and faces! No napkins... 6 tacos and 1/2 of a brick bottomed cheeseless cheeseburger, rude cashier... Now I'm more than pissed. Never heard from manager.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I have been going to Jack in the Box for a long, since 1983 & always had good experiences, until 4/26/2020, & it was the worst ever, they were rude at the window, & on the phone. They didn't give me my onion rings, or 1 of my jumbo, on the special, we didn't check the bag when we were in line because so many cars behind us. We got home. Checked & noticed we were short, so we went back & there were 7 cars in line, so we called & told the lady we had kind of a big order & we didn't get our onion rings & burger, & she snapped at me & she said, "I put them in your bag myself." She did not know me at all & what car I was in. Plus the food has gone down for the last 6 months! I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!! At Least Not In Denison,Texas!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

This is the only fast food restaurant I can go to and not have to check my bag before I leave. I know exactly what to expect. And it's perfect every time. The staff is always friendly with big smiles on their faces when I get to the window.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

The bread was limp. The bottom bread had no sauce of any kind. The top of the burger had "stuff" on it, but there was no taste. Very disappointed. The service was slow but friendly. Husband and grandson had tacos and enjoyed them.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I live next door to Jack in the Box #922, Dessau Rd Austin TX. I've been there a few times hoping the next time would be a better experience. Service has constantly been terrible. Today, 11/11/19, 12:45 pm, I ordered a biscuit, sausage, egg & cheese, girl didn't understand English, and I said # 25. I asked if you give senior discounts, she called a guy from drive thru window, she asked him in Spanish but he said something in Spanish, but no reply to me. I said, "Forget. I'll just take the order." I told her the service here is constantly awful. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO JACK IN THE BOX AGAIN. Jerry

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I ordered curly fries with my meal and received regular fries. Also asked for ice in my drink and received no ice and had to ask for a cup of ice. Also did not receive ranch when asked for it. Very upset with this location

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

The wife and I waited at the counter for about five minutes, with no service and all we could hear was the manager yelling at the employees with no regard if the customer heard it. All we wanted was a chocolate shake and fries but instead we left with nothing and went to McDonald's.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

We went into Jack in the Box which sits right next to McDonald's on Third in Spokane. I ordered a twofer and choked down one of the cheeseburgers and my buddy picked the veggies out of his. The burgers were tough and tasteless. There was a homeless looking dude sitting on the next corner so I gave him my other burger.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Some times we all should just eat what we pay for. I don't agree. It doesn't matter if I go to the ones in Lufkin, Diboll or any other surrounding cities of Lufkin. I can not. I mean can not order a taco and asked them not to put the hot sauce on it without the whole damn store getting mad at me. Yes you're right. I don't have to order tacos from Jack in the ** but the whole damn store getting mad at me just because I don't want the sauce on it. Damn. I just didn't think it's right and then I went to Woodville Thursday asked for a burger with a tomato on it and I guess I said the wrong thing there too cause the drive thru lady went from, "Hi how are you?" to "Dang is that all you want?" Well crap. Maybe I should never go to Jack In the Box ever again. Rude people.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Burger was terribly soggy and we've had problems with the Fowler and Ashland store before, won't be eating there anymore. I just the meat out of it and threw the rest of the burger away. The tacos were good. It was a munchie meal but the burger was a mess -- just gross.

Original review: July 17, 2019

When in Texas I bought a Jack in the Box Gift Card but got to Missouri and it's no good. So I called Jack in the Box and they told me to go back to the Jack in the Box I bought it from. They said only the merchant I bought it from could activate it. Basically if 1000 people get unactivated cards for $40.00 each Jack in the box could pocket $40,000 or some employee in Texas is eating steak and shrimp on me.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I waited 3 minutes before being spoken to at the menu. A female worker plainly said "give me a minute". Once she took our order we waited another 5 minutes before being able to pull up to the food window because the car in front was asked to pull in front of Jack In the Box to have their order taken out to them. Another 6 minutes went by before being read our order (a completely incorrect order) then being asked if we have paid which we had already! As she goes to get the order we are then asked to pull forward. At this point the frustration was building because after 10 minutes I went inside to ASK for my order. No apologies, explanations, or discounts of any kind were expressed. I will not be going to any Jack In the Box again as their service is DISGUSTINGLY RUDE and hope the manager or owner is notified with concern.

Original review: April 29, 2019

New fish sandwich photo shows a healthy nice piece of Romaine lettuce and I got a few scraps of shredded lettuce and a squirt of tartar sauce. By far the worst photo advertisement I have ever seen. Makes me second guess spending my money there again. Bun flat. Just horribly put together.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Tried going to the local store, 4124 Mexico Rd Saint Peters, Missouri 63376. Two cars waiting for food, one car in front of me. Took a good ten minutes for them to take the order of the car in front of me, and only after they cleared the two cars already waiting for their order. Finally got to pull up to order, "wait please". Waited about another 6 minutes, still nothing. Overall, (I happened to look at my clock when I pulled in) after 20 plus minutes, I still hadn't had my order taken. I can understand if they were busy, but that was not the case. Slow, slow, and more slow at that place.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I got a Double Jack from Jack In The Box and it was old, like from the night before. It was hard and dry and the cheese between the patties was hard as well. The burger itself smelled like it had gone bad, like fish or something. I'm very unhappy with this. I will never again go to Jack In The Box, EVER. I'm told they make their food when ordered. This was not made when ordered. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: March 15, 2019

The breakfast (grande sausage burritos). They were so greasy! When I opened them they were dripping grease literally! They were uneatable! Not a pleasant experience! If I wanted grease I would of asked! NOT GREAT! The other food was ok! But two stars is what I give! Fix this!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My experience was DREADFUL! The owner/manager, treated me like a criminal for complaining about a order they got wrong! She was extremely rude and unprofessional! I would never go back to that horrible place! I recommend that anyone reading this, if you live in the Parker AZ. area STAY AWAY from that place unless you want to be treated like dirt for being a customer, also do not go through the drive thru! Or try to reason with a psychopathic owner, that just might be going through "THE CHANGE" that woman go through! My lord I'm a customer not her husband LOL.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I went into the Kingman, AZ location, on 11/7/2018 at 6:05pm and the first thing was the attitude of the young woman that took my order. Very nasty attitude, then she could not calculate change, and was complaining that the option for auto calculation had been not working properly and she should "get a raise" for her having to math. The order when I got it home was just garbage, and most of it incorrect.

I immediately called the store where I got yet another happy employee who told me that there was no manager and I have to go online to call the corporate office that they cannot give it out since they are a franchise, then refused to give me his name stating that he was not allowed, and then finally at 3:30pm on 11/23/2018 I called the store again, and got the same man and I told him that I have not had any luck getting a manager or general manager or anyone from corporate, he told me to go online and fill out a complaint form that they are a franchise. I asked who the general manager was and again was told that they do not give out that information. My order was approx 28.00 and today is the 23rd. NOTHING has been done from this restaurant, it is clear that customer service, especially with franchises is just not in the job description.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

This is my second time going to this Jack In the Box buying caramel mocha coffee. The first was just as bad as the second one. It appeared to me that the person that was making the coffee did not know how to make the combination work.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

So I just went to the Jack In the Box on Ella and 18th in Houston, Texas 08/30/2018 12:33:12 pm and I ordered the Wakey Bakey bowl... the idea of a breakfast bowl excites me, because I really like breakfast as a meal BUT this one lacked the luster. it was very greasy and the so called bacon seemed like actual fat from who knows what animal. I spent most of the meal spitting out fat or fat gristles that was supposed to be the bacon that I wanted to puke... Come on Jack, take some of the mess off of your menu and stop spending so much money on commercials and spend some on quality food and ingredients. I mean if you want to be a full scale restaurant then invest in real cook and real food and some venues with class... smh, YOU LOSE ON THIS ONE!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Long line, filthy restaurant while employee jokes with other employee while I suppose on break. When I complained about service employee told me if I don't like service, why was I there. Bad service is common to all Jack's restaurant which often are out of rice when I order the chicken teriyaki bowl. Jack has taken the lead in worst service and poorly trained employees in the fast food business.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Today 8-13-18 at 11:30 pm me and my ** friends decided to go to Jack In the Box on 4866 South Maryland St. in Las Vegas Nevada. The customer service was very rude when we walked in. No one acknowledged that we were there nor did they say, "Wait one moment and we will be with you." We waited in line for 10 minutes. There were people behind us also in line. The lady looked at us, rolled her eyes, and walked to the back which was very rude. We decided to walk out. When I look back I noticed that she decided to help the ** guy behind us which they all were ** employees that work there and I thought that it was very racist of them not to help us and these are people you should not want to represent your business. I tried to contact the corporate office website and it does not even allow you to fill out all the necessary fields to make a complaint. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The employees were sloppy and dirty, including the manager. The soda fountain didn't work, the restrooms were gross, the food was so gross and cold we threw it away and left. They were slow and unapologetic, including the manager. The order line was long and slow. Potential customers were leaving. The entire crew needs to be fired. DO NOT EAT AT JACK IN THE BOX IN WINNIE, TEXAS.

Jack In the Box Company Information