Find Gold IRA Companies partners near you
About United Gold Direct
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
United Gold Direct offers precious metal investments, including gold and silver bullion and gold IRAs. When you buy precious metals from UGD, the only additional costs are for shipping, handling and insurance. You can place an order by calling a representative and store your purchases in a third-party facility or ship them directly to your home, but depository storage is mandatory for gold IRAs.
Find Gold IRA Companies partners near you
- No hidden fees
- Personal or depository storage
- Multiple precious metal options
- Minimum $1,500 purchase
- Limited payment options
United Gold Direct offers precious metals for investments. Information on its website is limited, so you’ll have to call to see if the company and its prices are really right for you.
Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.
What is United Gold Direct?
United Gold Direct is a precious metals dealer. It offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium products, as well as precious metal IRAs. United Gold Direct doesn’t charge hidden fees, and it claims not to use high-pressure sales tactics.
You can have your precious metals delivered directly to you, stored in a third-party depository or a little of both. However, precious metals held in IRAs need to be stored in an IRS-approved depository.
How does United Gold Direct work?
United Gold Direct lets you work with its Account Executives to make your purchases or set up an IRA. These employees don’t work on commission, and they can help you decide what purchases and protection methods are right for you. This includes starting a precious metals IRA, rolling over your 401(k) or buying precious metals.
United Gold Direct products
United Gold Direct has a catalog of products on its website, but prices aren’t listed for individual products. We’ve broken down the coins and other precious metal products listed in this catalog at the time of publishing below.
- UGD’s gold products include:
- $1, $2.50, $5 and $10 Indian coins
- $1, $2.50, $5 and $10 Liberty coins
- $3 Indian Princess coins
- American Gold Eagle coins
- Australian Nugget coins
- Austrian 100-corona coins
- Australian Gold Philharmonic coins
- British Sovereign coins
- Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- Chinese Gold Panda coins
- Danish 20-kroner coins
- First Strike Gold American Buffalo coins
- French 20-franc Napoleon III coins
- French 20-franc Angel coins
- French 20-franc Rooster coins
- Gold American Buffalo coins
- 1-ounce, 10-ounce and 1-kilogram gold bars
- Gold Russian 5-ruble coins
- Hungary 10-korona coins
- Italian 20-lire coins
- Mexico 50-peso coins
- Netherlands 10-guilder coins
- Proof gold coins
- South African Krugerrand coins
- $20 Saint-Gaudens coins
- Swiss 20-franc coins
- Proof gold American Eagle coins
- Certified gold coins
- UGD’s silver products include:
- 90% and 40% silver bags
- Buffalo Commemorative silver dollar coins
- Franklin half-dollar coins
- Kennedy half-dollar coins
- Mexican Libertad
- Proof silver coins
- Silver American Eagle coins
- Silver bullion bars
- Silver bullion for storage
- Silver bullion rounds
- UGD’s platinum products include:
- Platinum American Eagle coins
- Platinum bullion for storage
- Platinum Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- Proof Platinum Eagle coins
- UGD’s palladium products include:
- Palladium bullion for storage
- Palladium Canadian Maple Leaf coins
United Gold Direct storage and delivery
United Gold Direct offers you the option to have your precious metals delivered to you or stored with a secured third-party facility. The company stores purchases with the Delaware Depository. This depository provides physically segregated storage with insurance for your precious metals.
For delivery, United Gold Direct uses registered, insured mail from USPS and United Parcel Service (UPS). Deliveries are tracked and require your signature upon arrival. Your delivery is fully insured, and your purchase may be subject to additional shipping costs.
United Gold Direct cost
There is very little cost information available on United Gold Direct’s website. The company promises no hidden fees, but it doesn’t detail the fees it does disclose online. So, while you know you may pay extra for shipping fees, insurance fees, storage fees and custodial fees (with a precious metals IRA), you won’t know how much these are until you call. There is also a $1,500 minimum for each purchase you make.
Your payment methods are also limited with United Gold Direct. It only accepts bank transfers, cashier’s checks and personal checks up to $10,000.
United Gold Direct FAQ
- Does United Gold Direct have a minimum amount?
- Yes. United Gold Direct has a minimum of $1,500 per transaction, no matter the payment method.
- Does United Gold Direct offer discounts?
- Yes. While United Gold Direct claims to already calculate discounts into its pricing, it may also offer additional discounts on large orders.
- Can I keep my gold at home with United Gold Direct?
- Yes. While United Gold Direct can arrange depository storage, most of its customers choose to keep gold in a local bank or at their own homes.
- What metals can I get from United Gold Direct?
- You can buy gold, silver, platinum and palladium from UGD.
Do we recommend United Gold Direct?
United Gold Direct is a precious metals dealer and a member of several numismatic organizations. That said, there is currently not much information available online that shows why United Gold Direct is a better choice than other gold IRA companies. If you’re interested in investing in precious metals, we recommend contacting United Gold Direct’s customer service to see what the company can offer you. Then compare these costs and services with those from other similar companies.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
United Gold Direct Company Information
- Company Name:
- United Gold Direct
- 2945 Townsgate Road, Suite 200
- Westlake Village
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.