4.49/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

If you are overwhelmed by credit card debt or high-interest rates, United Debt Counselors (UDC) is here to provide customers with customized debt settlement services to get you out of debt and back to financial freedom. UDC is headquartered in Plano, Texas and has over 1,000 representatives in 18 states ready to provide the guidance you need to navigate your debt settlement program.

Our five-step approach includes:

1. We create a custom plan for your needs.

2. A field representative in one of 18 states meets with you face-to-face to review enrollment paperwork.

3. Once enrolled, you will have the option to create a special purpose savings account with a third-party financial institution in order to accrue funds for enrollment fees and settlement payments.

4. You and UDC agree on a monthly payment program.

5. Once you have accrued enough funds, we will approach the first creditor with a settlement offer - typically 30-40% of what is owed.

United Debt Counselors has representatives in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, DC, MA, MI, NC, NE, NM, NY, OK, VA, TX, ND, LA, and OH.

United Debt Counselors Video
View More View More

112 United Debt Counselors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

United Debt Counselors came in and sat with me, and they told me what the procedure was and how much I would have to pay monthly. I was in a bind and they helped me budget. I pushed to pay the monthly fee, which was good, and the monthly payments were reasonable for me.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

United Debt Counselors helped us really get out of debt and got us back on the right track. The enrollment process went really easy. They have very friendly people working there. I completed the program around two years and the debt consultant was so nice. He was concerned about us and that really made the difference.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate it. We are so glad to hear our employees treated you well and that you were able to get our of your debt. We do genuinely care about our customers and want them to be able to tell we care. If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: March 30, 2019

United Debt Counselors was the first company I picked and their enrollment process was easy. Their program worked and I’m done with it.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy to hear the process was easy and that you have now completed the program. If you need anything else let us know.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We needed somebody to help us with our bills. We decided to call United Debt Counselors and somebody came over and helped us get signed up. They got my bills all lowered and got them paid off for me. They did a good job on it. The enrollment process wasn't that hard at all. When they told us how the payment plan worked, it went really smoothly. I worked with two people and they both did a good job. They kept us informed and all the times that I had questions, they were there to answer them. They called us every time that they got a bill that they were trying to get paid off. They got everybody's information and they did a real good job for us. The monthly payments were easy. They were automatically taken out of our check so we didn't have to worry about it.

United Debt Counselors did all the work over the phone and that was easy for me because I can't get out very much. They settled all my debt. I just gave them the letters and told them that they can handle it. I had one person that didn't want to let the UDC rep have any information. The UDC rep ended up calling him back and told him that they would settle it. The company wasn't gonna settle at first but they were real nice about it after they heard from UDC. Now, I don't owe anybody any money. If somebody asks me about United Debt Counselors, I'd tell them to go ahead and go for it. They did the best job and they were honest about everything.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our company. We really appreciate it. We are so very happy to hear that you had such a good experience. If you ever need anything else please let us know.

Original review: March 8, 2019

United Debt Counselors got it where I didn’t have to keep paying on my timeshare. The monthly payment program was reasonable. I was able to manage that quite well. They treated me very well, ad everything went fine.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We certainly appreciate it! We are glad that we were able to help you out with your time share. If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Debt Counselors?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I called United Debt Counselors and saw that it was a fit for me in settling my debt. I enrolled in their program and it was easy. I called them up, they took my information, I got some papers signed and I was off to the races. They arranged to consolidate my debt and lower it. I also called them several times to see where things were and how soon I would be finished. They told me that I will pay into the fund that I would be held and at the end of a certain time, the debt would be paid. And so, I paid on it and now, it’s finished. I'm satisfied with United Debt and I recommend it. It settled my debt in a number of months. I'm debt-free and I'll be able to enjoy my life.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate that. We are very happy to hear that your experience was a positive one. If you need anything else in the future let us know.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was in the hospital and because of the hospital debt, I couldn't make all the payments as I had before. I contacted United Debt Counselors and enrolling with them was easily accomplished. I had to call because I don't have computers, and it was fine. Their representative was very knowledgeable and kind, and she helped a great deal. They were also nonjudgmental because it was a hard decision for me to make since if I hadn't landed in a hospital twice within a month, that wouldn't have happened. I would've continued to pay off the credit cards on my own after that. United took into account everything but if I had a question or a concern, they got back to me with a response the same day. If I happen to call later in the afternoon, they get back to me first thing in the morning. Right now, the debt is paid off and it’s definitely a relief.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review, we greatly appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with our program and that we were able to provide you relief. If you ever need anything else just let us know.

Original review: March 2, 2019

United Debt Counselors had the lowest monthly payments so I went with them. It was easy enrolling and I was impressed with the debt consultants whom I worked with. They have quick response and were able to answer all my questions. My payment plan with United Debt was based on the debt ratio and I have completed their program.

The only complaint I have though is I’m on Social Security and if they had put the debt under my name, I would’ve had my Social Security taken for a little bit until they got the money to pay because it was something like I make money. I wasn’t told that that was gonna be a problem at all and I wish they would have told me that. Another thing that I had wasn’t aware of is that one of the people I owed money to wouldn’t settle, so I’m gonna have bad credit for seven to 10 years instead of just the four years that I was planning on. Nevertheless, working with United Debt Counselors did take a lot of stress away. It was very hard for us for the four years, but it was worth it because I am kind of debt free.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it. We are very glad to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. We will definitely look into the areas you mentioned where we could use improvement. If you need anything else please feel free to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I called United Debt Counselors then met with someone. I then sent the paperwork I signed to them. Their reps were very kind people and were good helpers. They were always calling. I completed their program in 3 years and I found it really interesting. I encourage everyone to participate in this program. I was so glad to be part of it.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it! We are very glad to know that you had such a wonderful experience with us. If you ever need anything else please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had worked with United Debt a couple of years ago and they were dependable and honest. I called them again for another service and they sent out a representative. She went through all the papers with me. It was like signing for a mortgage but it was very complete, thorough and friendly. But there was a misunderstanding of why I was calling and it was a little difficult. She got her supervisor and she finally understood exactly what I wanted and how we wanted to set it up.

They called me on a monthly basis to find out if I had any questions. When I did have a question about negotiations, they were right there for me. I didn't need to leave a message and had them call me back. The girl that answered took care of my problems. As of right now, I am out of debt. If I ever got into a position where I was in debt again, I would definitely call them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that your experience with us was a positive one. If you or anyone you know ever needs us in the future please know that we are here!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I received a letter and made the phone call to United Debt Counselors. I wanna know if the company was legit and then the rep who I spoke with explained everything, step-by-step. And then he recommended the person in the notary. They came to my house and we followed what the rep said. What they did was really good. I am debt-free right now. The best part was that when there was one company that didn’t wanna settle because I was making the minimum payments regularly, I had some money left over in my account. So they sent me the check, and I paid off that bank. It was great.

Every time I called for anything that I needed, there were different people I spoke to. Everybody helped me out in answering my questions. It was a teamwork. I was very comfortable working with United Debt Counselors. Also, they told me the amount I would pay and asked if I was gonna be comfortable with a monthly payment. They told me step-by-step with that amount and what they would do. I was comfortable making that payment and it worked out very well. I really appreciate what United Debt Counselors did for me. I was very satisfied so I would recommend anybody because a lot of people don’t know exactly how this works.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking your time out to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We love hearing about how well taken care of you felt during the process. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I just got a divorce. As the divorce wasn't my fault, I didn't want to have to pay Etsy, Amazon and everything linked to my credit cards. I needed to cut them off and let United Debt take care of that. Once they signed me up, they let me know what my payments would be a month. They asked me what my mortgage was and if I had any other payments. Then they started going with that to try to get my debts settled, preferably not with all the late charges. They kept in contact with me and got everything settled. We only ended up paying full price for one. With another, I got it at half-price. Now, I've graduated from the and all my debt has been cleared. It ended up being cheaper to go through big settlements.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for writing our company a review, we really appreciate it. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience. If you ever need anything do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was over my head in bills and after I called United Debt and made arrangements, the reps came to the house at my convenience. They were the first that I spoke with and it was a very good interaction. They were very respectful, helpful and didn’t try to make me feel bad about the fact that I got myself in trouble. It was easy to get started in their program and aside from getting my bills paid off, my credit scores improved very much. Working with United Debt gave me a lot of relief and I would recommend them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking out time to review our company. We really appreciate it. We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience. If you ever need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

As I was watching TV, United Debt Counselors was advertised and I loved it. At the same time, I was looking at all my credit card bills. I was doing monthly payments and the interest was killing me. I had gotten sick and I was on a short term disability, which didn’t even cover half of my check. No matter how much you make, New York State disability only allows you $170 a week. It was no way that my bills, my rent, life insurance and medical would have been covered. So, I decided to take all my credit cards and put them in a program. United Debt Counselors was the first one that popped up when I turned the TV on, so I went for it.

The enrollment was done within the same day. When I called, the first agent I spoke with was David. I told him my situation and credit card history. He asked me some questions and I gave him the answers in one day. He said that a young lady was gonna call me within 24 or 48 hours, business days, and that she was gonna come by my home to sit down and talk. She called me the next day and came to me. She told me the process, how long it would take and my responsibility.

The rep convinced me that I can trust the program with the identity theft and all the craziness that’s going on nowadays. She built up my confidence that I can trust giving her personal information - my personal security and my checking account number. I'm the type of person that’s very hard to get some information from, especially if I don’t feel comfortable, but she made me feel that I made the right decision in the program that I chose to help me with my credit card issue.

The rep asked me the best week of the month that I can have the payment taken out of my checking account that would not interfere with my other bills like medicine, cable, life insurance, laundry, food, and cleaning bills. She said, “Well, you pick the day of the month, and it will only be on that day we will take out the payment. We won't interfere with any of your lifestyle.” It was the 15th of every month, but my pay period was every Wednesday and the 15th did not fall on the Wednesday of each month on the same date, and it was clashing with the due dates of my other bills. I said, “No. I have to pick a week where I don’t have bills to pay except my credit card payments.” And they allowed me to change the dates where it was perfect.

However, I got laid off. I called the program and I explained my situation and I gave them any documents that they needed to check to verify my issue. They worked with me to cut my monthly payments by a few dollars. I was having them take out $331.98, so they cut it down to $302 when I was on unemployment, and it worked out perfectly. But they told me that I have to add an extra couple of months. I was originally supposed to be finished by July, but being that they had to cut my payments for a few dollars, I had to extend it to October, which I had no problems with.

I was so relieved that I could pay them in 24 months. All my questions were answered and they called occasionally to check on me to see if everything was okay or if I had any concerns. Working with United Debt Counselors taught me a lesson. Too much of anything is not good for you and you can get lost and get carried away that you will find yourself in hot water real fast. The program also taught me that I have to be aware of my spending, my decisions and how it would impact my lifestyle. I've learned to not live above the means.

And because of that experience, I recommended to some of my coworkers that they also put their credit cards in the United Debt solution, and they have. United Debt Counselors has some of my coworkers as clients now and some have the 18-month program, while one has the 24. And now, they are trying to convince their family members to also join the program. United Debt Counselors is doing excellent.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a detailed and thorough review. We can't tell you how much we appreciate that. We are so excited to know that you had such a wonderful experience from start to finish. Thank you for sharing our program with your co-workers and clients. If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to let us know!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I got a phone call from United Debt. They were the only ones I talked to and the enrollment process was fairly easy. The staff was good although their website was hard to use. I could never remember what I needed to get into it. They called me once a month anyway, and I did call them a couple of times. So, after fighting with the website for a couple of times, I didn’t try it anymore. I just reached them through the telephone. The cost of the program was a little high but it is what it is and now, I’m out of debt.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate the feedback on the website and that is something that we will definitely look into. Glad that the overall experience you had was positive and that we were able to get you out of debt. If you ever need anything else in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

United Debt was the only company I called but they served me well. It wasn’t difficult at all getting into their program which helped me pay all the bills that I needed to pay off and have a fresh start. The rep was a nice guy and had a very good knowledge of the process. What he said was what happened. Different persons took over certain obligations and everybody fulfilled what they said they would. The cost was fair as well and I would recommend United Debt.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to know that you had a great experience. If you ever need anything else please feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

When I went with United Debt, it was my husband that made me decide on it and the enrollment process was very easy. The rep gave me a lot of information. I was comfortable with her approach and she explained stuff to me that I didn't understand. The payment was okay and I enjoyed it. Working with United Debt was very good and they settled two credit cards that I had. I would recommend them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write our company a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled to know that you had an excellent experience. If you ever need anything in the future please feel free to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I needed someone with more knowledge on what to do but the companies didn't care and wouldn't talk to me. If I could make the payments to what I can afford, that would have been all right, but they would not lower the payments for me and kept charging me 20%. It got to a point where I had only one other choice or it would have been to file bankruptcy but I decided to get United Debt Counselors' services. A rep came to my house and explained a lot of things. What he said ended up costing me more money and I couldn't afford anything but whatever it was, there was nothing I can do about it. I had to add the bills up and with my income coming in, I had to prove that I couldn't afford to pay the firm all this money they wanted. I had gone through my motion and paid all my bills. I would recommend United Debt Counselors.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have been placed on unexpected disability. I have a condition of a bone deterioration and I had hip replacement. I worked through those times, and I had totally figured maybe I'll go through the whole 65, and it didn’t happen. I got a bad knee, and they told me I had to go on disability which I wasn’t prepared for financially because I needed those extra five years to clear out my credit card debt.

I happened to get the call from United Debt Counselors one day, and it sounded like a good idea for me. The bank told me I should have asked them. They could've done it, but I was very busy then. I have a lot of family problems. United Debt fell right into my lap. So, I decided to go for it. The enrollment was very easy. The person who came to my house did the notary. She told me the paperwork, but the girl on the phone was the one that told me everything, and why I wanted to join was because of that.

I have a little bit of a complain because I was told at the very beginning that one of the credit cards might be a problem due to the fact that the biggest one was from the bank that I did business with. It ended up a problem for real. I was supposed to be finished in October. We set it up to be 256 and when they told me that, I increased it to 300 a month only, but it didn’t make much of a difference because some of the other ones were asking for more money than they could talk them down to. So, now I'm still paying off two more bills. It didn’t stay the way it should have, but hopefully by April, I'll be finished with that.

Also, there were two bills that looked like they were gonna be left behind. And I didn’t want to go past the timing that they had given me because I was already anxious. It's been three years. Now, I want it finished. By the time we got to it, it was too late. They said I had to finish it off, so she set me up with what I have to do, and I followed through, and that was it. Working with United Debt allowed me to have a tight budget now, but because of other helping people, I'm all right. I'm not in the street and I'm not hungry. I would recommend United Debt to a friend.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write our company a review. We really appreciate it. We are so glad that we were able to provide you some relief during a difficult time. If you ever need anything else, please feel free to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

United Debt contacted me and told me what they could do. Though all my bills weren't behind, I had to let go of one bill behind in order for them to help me on it. The enrolment process worked well and the rep who came to help me enroll did a good job. United Debt was taking $260 a month out of my account automatically to work on what they were doing. I liked whenever they call and tell me if anything was settled. I just completed their program and they sent me a check back. They did a great job for me and I'm thankful for them.

United Debt Counselors response

We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review, thank you. We are so happy to know that you had a positive experience. If you ever need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We were over our heads in credit card debt and we attempted to short sell our home, which didn't work out very well, so we were deep under. There was an option of going bankrupt, but we thought we could handle the debt consolidation without going bankrupt. After doing a very short interview, we decided to look into a debt counseling service with United Debt Counselors. We made the appointment and we did the eye-to-eye type of meeting. We got the information that they said they would send and we got the packet within 24 hours. The information that was in there was self-explanatory. United Debt Counselors said they were gonna send somebody over and go over the paperwork with us. Then, they notarized it at the same time.

It worked out at that time for us because we were more looking at a bankruptcy thing, but I was afraid I made a little too much money to qualify and come to find out that was exactly what would have happened. I would have been denied the bankruptcy option and I still would have had to turn to something to assist our credit. Also, the bankruptcy would have affected us a lot longer.

We interacted with the debt consultants on each one of the different credit cards. A couple of the credit card companies didn't wanna work with the debt consolidation because although there is a federal debt act, they said they do not have to negotiate with any type of debt consolidation type of company. The first company took me to court and United Debt Counselors negotiated out of court settlement. We might have saved almost $4,000 from the total amount that was on the card. There were two other ones that we settled left that were settled between 40 and 45% of the debt, which was a lot, and it definitely helped us.

And with our Discovery, we offered to settle half a decent price, but once we said we would, they re-neg on us. They found out that my Discovery card was already assigned to a law firm and that particular law firm requested my wife's Discovery card. We went to the county attorney and he said it was illegal. When the law firm agreed to settle my account, they had a binding contract with us.

The particular credit card company used all my data and my information and they turned around and used it against my wife. They did insider trading against me. They knew what I made or how much it was that I was ready to settle. We settled the first card and not more than 30 days later, we were getting a letter, another lawsuit for my wife's Discovery credit card from the same law firm. It was illegal, however, we have too little for us to stand on at the time. The county attorney's office helped us out and they gave us a couple of options, but the options were a lot of money out of our pockets that we could not afford. I'd recommend United Debt Counselors and as a matter of fact, we have recommended them to a couple of other people.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. If you need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I checked with the Better Business Bureau and United Debt Counselors had a positive rating so I thought I would at least check it out. They provided credit card consolidation and we discussed what I could handle as far as payment. They worked with me within that. I had three credit cards and as each one was finished, they would go to the second one and explain if there needed to be any change in the amount. We always worked it out to where I was able to take care of my other regular monthly bills without any stress.

They were very helpful in explaining any questions that I had or any concerns and they were never judgmental. They tried as much as possible like when I would get nervous from getting phone calls, they explained to me what the procedure would be to try to minimize that. Also, much of the time, I was able to get right through to someone and if they were away from their desk or not available right then, generally, within 24 hours, I got a call back. Overall, they were very easy to work with and pleasant to work with. Working with them helped me feel like I was out from under a lot of pressure.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate that. We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. If you ever need us in the future, we are here for you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I got a letter from United Debt one time telling me that they'd help me consolidate anything. I decided I needed to do that, and the enrollment process went well. I wrote some letters and I put everything in their hands. They provided a consolidating and negotiating program for me. The cost of the service was very good and the reps handled everything very well. They called me with updates or to ask me if there were any questions I needed any help on. They kept up on everything, and although they didn't give me any timeline at first, they have now. In March, I'll be all done and I'll be okay. I'm ecstatic that everything's gonna be taken care of and I won't have to worry about any of that now. I've been satisfied with United Debt and I'm really glad that I went with them. They handled my problem very well.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write it. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience. If you need anything else in the future just let us know.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife had lost her job and we ended up living off credit cards for quite a while. But we got to the point where we couldn't keep up. United Debt Counselors was the one that I talked to that I liked. They had somebody come to the house and I gave him all my credit cards and the amounts. And then, United got back to me with a plan and we went from there. They told me that it was gonna be $568 and change for 36 months and it would be taken care of. I fulfilled my part. I did my 36 months and they took a payment out each month out of my account. But when it was all said and done, there were still two cards that weren't taken care of. So, somebody either lied to me, didn't do what they were supposed to do, or ended up giving more than they should have to a card.

Also, there was one woman that handled one of the cards because it had gone through an attorney. I was very disappointed in that overall aspect of it because I ended up paying 85% on that card. That wasn't how it was supposed to work, but I did it because I needed to get it taken care of. But other than that, they were fairly good about calling me and letting me know what was going on and then asking me if I had any questions. And the lady I dealt with mostly was always good and straight up with me. I would tell others who'd ask about United Debt to use their own judgment and I would let them know what my situation was at the end of 36 months.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that overall your experience was positive. However, if you still have concerns about any of the issues you had we are happy to help. Please feel free to contact us.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had been struggling to make payments for a number of years already and it seemed to get nowhere. I was making payment after payment and I just can't get on top of what I owe so I was looking for a way out. Then I got a letter in the mail from United Debt which explained that if I was over $10,000 in debt, they could help me get out of it within a few years. I also got flyers at the same time from different companies but United Debt seemed clearer about what they were gonna help me do. I called them and I was completely taken care of over the phone. They made the process go easy and all I did was answer their questions and they took the ball and ran with it.

Talking with them was really easy. I would get a phone call every month checking in to see how I was feeling about the process and if I had any questions so I was never left in the dark as to what was going on. We also talked about what I was paying at the time in total to all the companies. They worked with me on how to get that payment down so that I would still be paying a significant amount of money just to get the debt down. I got a little relief at that time too that I could still live my life and not have to worry about where I was gonna come up with the payment every month. It's the easiest process I've ever been through. I've had the creditors try to work with me and all they wanted was more and more money. I made those payments every month with United Debt and now I'm debt free. I wanted to retire this year and I was able to do that so it had been incredible.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for writing us a review. We greatly appreciate it! We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience with our company. If you ever need anything else in the future, we are here for you.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My husband had lost his job and we needed some help with the finances. I enrolled with United Debt and it was easy. Every time I call, I get somebody else. But it worked out pretty good. I like the calls that they give me every month to make sure everything was okay. I would have liked them to be a little more knowledgeable because I've asked them about the form that I have to fill out for the taxes if we have to and they said they didn’t know and to do it on my own. But overall I was satisfied with the service. They've helped me.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience. If we can help you at all the future just let us know.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was tired of paying out of my butt every month. I had a phone call with someone from United Debt Counselors and the rep told me about the process procedures which sounded good to me that would save me money in the future. Then, an appointment was set up with some other representatives to come to my house. The paperwork was filed and off we went from there. Their reps were all good. Everything with the debt consolidation process went pretty well with me, too. The monthly payment was a little high, though. It also took a little too long for them to make the settlements which got me a little upset. They told me it'd take four to four and a half years, but it ended up taking over five years. Other than that, it worked out in the end so I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that overall the experience you had was positive. If you ever need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My husband lost his job and we needed to consolidate and settle our debts. We enrolled with United Debt Counselors, which was easy. We met the rep at Starbucks, set everything up and he was easy to talk to. Everything was fine and the monthly payment was perfect too. I completed the process and now, we're out of debt.

United Debt Counselors response

We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with our company. If you ever need anything else in the future, we are here for you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The people at United Debt Counselors were good. My wife and I talked to Dwayne and the reps were professional and friendly. They walked me through step by step and they helped me very well all the way through until I have completed the program. United Debt Counselors saved me some money and got rid of the debt that I needed to get rid off.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are excited to know that you had such a great experience with us. If you ever need anything else in the future just let us know.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I've seen United Debt Counselors advertised and I inquired about them. I was confident that they would do a good job. A representative then came to the house, talked me through everything and explained everything. She knew what she was doing and it went really smooth. I felt very comfortable working with my consultant, too. Now, I'm done paying off my two different outstanding debts and it was a big relief off of me. I’d recommend United Debt Counselors to anybody.

United Debt Counselors response

We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a good experience. If you ever need anything else just let us know.

United Debt Counselors expert review by Barbara Friedberg

United Debt Counselors (UDC) is a debt settlement firm that helps people who have high credit card balances with high interest rates. UDC helps you combine all your debt into one bill with a lower interest rate, so you can pay off your debt earlier than if you did nothing.

• Reduced debt: UDC can help reduce the principal amount you owe to as little as 30 percent of your original debt.

• Online quote: You can get a quote online to see how United Debt Counselors can help with your debt settlement. You only need to tell them your name, phone number, email address and state of residence.

• In-person meeting: When you sign up for debt settlement from UDC, you’ll meet with a company representative in person. This gives you the chance to get answers to any questions you have and shows the company’s dedication to personal service.

• Service areas: UDC can help customers in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Louisiana, and Washington DC.

• Best for: consumers with high balances on high-interest credit cards.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg