It's that easy Request Information
4.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

If you are overwhelmed by credit card debt or high-interest rates, United Debt Counselors (UDC) is here to provide customers with customized debt settlement services to get you out of debt and back to financial freedom. UDC is headquartered in Plano, Texas and has over 1,000 representatives in 18 states ready to provide the guidance you need to navigate your debt settlement program.

Our five-step approach includes:

1. We create a custom plan for your needs.

2. A field representative in one of 18 states meets with you face-to-face to review enrollment paperwork.

3. Once enrolled, you will have the option to create a special purpose savings account with a third-party financial institution in order to accrue funds for enrollment fees and settlement payments.

4. You and UDC agree on a monthly payment program.

5. Once you have accrued enough funds, we will approach the first creditor with a settlement offer - typically 30-40% of what is owed.

United Debt Counselors has representatives in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, DC, MA, MI, NC, NE, NM, NY, OK, VA, TX, ND, LA, and OH.

United Debt Counselors Video
View More View More

83 United Debt Counselors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was tired of paying out of my butt every month. I had a phone call with someone from United Debt Counselors and the rep told me about the process procedures which sounded good to me that would save me money in the future. Then, an appointment was set up with some other representatives to come to my house. The paperwork was filed and off we went from there. Their reps were all good. Everything with the debt consolidation process went pretty well with me, too. The monthly payment was a little high, though. It also took a little too long for them to make the settlements which got me a little upset. They told me it'd take four to four and a half years, but it ended up taking over five years. Other than that, it worked out in the end so I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that overall the experience you had was positive. If you ever need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Consolidation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My husband lost his job and we needed to consolidate and settle our debts. We enrolled with United Debt Counselors, which was easy. We met the rep at Starbucks, set everything up and he was easy to talk to. Everything was fine and the monthly payment was perfect too. I completed the process and now, we're out of debt.

United Debt Counselors response

We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with our company. If you ever need anything else in the future, we are here for you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The people at United Debt Counselors were good. My wife and I talked to Dwayne and the reps were professional and friendly. They walked me through step by step and they helped me very well all the way through until I have completed the program. United Debt Counselors saved me some money and got rid of the debt that I needed to get rid off.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are excited to know that you had such a great experience with us. If you ever need anything else in the future just let us know.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I've seen United Debt Counselors advertised and I inquired about them. I was confident that they would do a good job. A representative then came to the house, talked me through everything and explained everything. She knew what she was doing and it went really smooth. I felt very comfortable working with my consultant, too. Now, I'm done paying off my two different outstanding debts and it was a big relief off of me. I’d recommend United Debt Counselors to anybody.

United Debt Counselors response

We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a good experience. If you ever need anything else just let us know.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We wanted to cut the bill of one credit card in half and we were approached by this company so we knew that they could do it. The enrollment was a very professional and honest transaction. We're making payments with them until it's all said and done, and the program has been helping out. It has cut down on my mother's payments on her bill here so she can catch up on another one. She's doing very well on what she's doing with this company. The people we've dealt with have also been professional and everything's been hunky dory. As a matter of fact, we were talking about United Debt Counselors the other day and my mother said that she hasn't heard anything from them. But I told her that that's good. Working with United Debt Counselors gives us less worries.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very glad to hear that your mother has had such a good experience. If you all need anything else just let us know!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Debt Counselors?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I’m getting close to 60 and there are some debts that I’ve been struggling to take care of over the last couple of years. I would like to get this all said and done and pay all my bills while I’m still in a good position to do so and not have to go into retirement with a couple of thousand dollars in debt still over my head. The enrollment process with United Debt Counselors went smoothly. Initially, I spoke to Duane but then they switched consultants and I dealt with another gentleman thereafter.

I’m on the road a lot, so I don’t have an hour or two hours to sit down at my desk and take note of the approval numbers and all kinds of information. The only hours I’m available is on Saturdays, but they don’t have any Saturday hours, so that’s unfortunate. The second consultant, however, was willing to go of his my way to accommodate me. He told me to call him and he would let me know what was going on, and we could come to terms. So I called him, and he was quite accommodating. He explained the entire process to me very thoroughly, and he did a very good job of answering my questions.

I also worked with Lisa who really seemed to be genuinely concerned. She claimed to have many years of experience in handling cases such as mine, and she had a lot of really good answers. I had a couple of questions for her as well and she was really quick to respond. She said she would be handling my case for an unspecified period of time beyond that point. She said she would be more than glad to look into it and see what she could do to help me out. However, she is probably no longer with United Debt Counselors because when I called one time and I asked to speak with her, somebody said that Lisa is no longer in their department. So then, right near the end, I worked with a different lady and she was good too.

My payment plan with United Debt Counselors went very well even though I changed my mind a couple of times because I got my local credit union involved, which we didn’t really wanna do. United Debt Counselors gave me some misinformation, telling me that it was pretty much an all for nothing, so I had to throw everything into the bucket and pay on everything. They charged me a percentage as a fee based on my total debt load so I decided to take one or two accounts out of that, as that would’ve changed that fee. It would’ve been different though if we would recalculate everything from day one, but it turned out good in the long run, although it probably cost me a few dollars more than it should have.

I took one account out of the bucket to my local credit union, and then I threw another credit card back in. There were some additions and some subtractions here and there, but it all balanced out okay. There were some adjustments on my part and as far as United Debt Counselors’ end, it was dealt with very smoothly. United Debt Counselors helped me get rid of that debt load and it has worked out well. My credit score took a bit of a dive for a short while but right now it is about 760 and I have a very light debt load.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear that you had a good experience. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I was trying to pay off a credit card debt and I sought United Debt as I could get some counseling so I could help myself. The rep made me feel comfortable and explained things well. I could really understand that debt settlement would be something helpful and it was not like I was abused and taken advantage of. She was so helpful and enrolling was easy. It was also comfortable agreeing to a certain dollar amount and it worked with me very well.

Every so often, different people would call and extend a courtesy of asking if I had any questions and letting me know where my balance was. They could answer any question I had. Towards the end, I was able to accelerate the program and we agreed on a different settlement amount, which I was able to pay very easily. I was able to pay my debt down and it didn't take that long until we completed the program.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with us. If you need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I had a lot of bills that I could not pay and I needed to do something ‘cause I didn’t know how. It was like a revolving door and I couldn’t get any of them cleared. I did some research online and I found United Debt Counselors. They seemed to be the best and they could make a settlement within a couple of days. The enrolment process was very well done. Someone came out, explained everything, and had me sign papers. They asked me what I had and we decided on three credit cards that I was gonna pay off then we just decided on an amount.

UDC did debt consolidation for me and when I had some questions, they answered my questions right away. They were very courteous too. They would call me once every 6 weeks and would leave a message if I didn’t answer, saying that I have to get the call if I had any concerns and that they'd make sure everything was okay. Whenever I got any notices in the mail, I would make copies for myself then I send it to them, and they would take care of them. I completed their program in October and my husband's got a work again. It’s a relief that my debt is gone and done. UDC is great and I had an excellent experience with them. I would also suggest to anybody who has a problem like that of mine to give them a call and give them a chance.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled you had such a great experience. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I got a letter a mail and it made it sound like that I needed to do something. I reached out to United Debt Counselors and after I got into it, it was too late to get out of it but it was fine. It took two and a half years and they would call every month and check and see if I had any questions or anything like that. They were nice and friendly. One time, I had like an issue with the payment coming out. The person that I talked to said if I was not able to make the payment, it would go back and would have to start over. But it didn’t happen like that. I just called to let them know that the day that they were supposed to draft from my account and that the money would not be there because of other extenuating circumstances. They waited before they drafted it. United Debt is a good service to have for people that are struggling and maybe want to buy a house and stuff like that.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are very glad that you had a positive experience. If you need anything in the future let us know.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My wife spent six months in the hospital and I got overrun on credit cards. I was sitting around one day, wondering and praying, then the next day, I got a thing in the mail from United Debt Counselors. United Debt Counselors combined all of my credit card bills and they worked out a plan to fit what I could afford. They gave me a monthly bill then I just sent the payments and they handled the rest. The program didn't help my credit rating, but over a period of time, I got all my credit cards paid off. United Debt's reps were very helpful and I felt comfortable working with them. They kept in touch with me and let me know what was going on. Whenever I had a question, all I had to do was pick up the phone and call them. They would give me an answer right then. Working with them was very good for me, and now, I'm not head over heels in credit card debt.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled that you had such a positive experience. If you ever need anything else just let us know!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

There was a letter in the mail and I called the number on it. I spoke with Debra from United Debt and said she was gonna send out somebody. I was off on the weekend that she was gonna send a person to the house so I told her yes. The person came out, talked with me and gave me the details. After she talked with me, I didn't like United Debt, but I just decided to work with them after all. They wanted me to put all my accounts in but I said "no" and just put in two.

When they first got it, I had to pay for six months before they went to the creditors. I realized they were taking the money and none was going towards the debt. The only difference I saw was that they were only saving me the interest per month. When I added their part and the part that they bargained for together, the money was the same. The bills also kept coming to me and the creditors kept calling me. United Debt should have called the people and talked to the people. The people shouldn't be calling me. It was a nuisance to me and United Debt was saying that all I had to do was ignore the calls, which was embarrassing.

At that time, I had to look for an apartment, but I could not because United Debt messed up my credit. Up until now my credit is not back up and I have to stick to where I am and paying this rent. And there was a cheaper place for me. They said that was how it works. They have settled one and I still have until next year to go. Sometimes, you can live in this country without credit too. You just have to learn to monitor yourself. Right now, I'm living without it and I'm trying to train myself so that I will never go back to the way it was before. I'm satisfied with United Debt but I'm not happy.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the program. Please feel free to contact us so we can further discuss and address any outstanding concerns you may have.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My husband and I are getting older and we wanted to clear up all our credit cards. The credit cards were in my husband's name and he chose to go with United Debt. A lady from United Debt came to visit at the house and she explained everything. At first, I was doubtful, but I had to pinch myself to keep going. We have completed the program and have had a good experience with them. However, it was kinda disappointing because they originally said it would take three years, but it took four. After two years into the program, I was told that the three years was only an estimate. They also told me that they would offer the creditors 30% and then it went to 40% and then they were paying 50%. But everybody at United Debt was nice and friendly and they listened to me. I would recommend them to others.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We are happy to know that overall your experience was positive. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The people at United Debt Counselors were friendly and helpful. They were so convincing so I gave them a try and it worked. Whatever the told me they were going to do, they did it. They walked me through and when I had a question, they would answer it and tell me that everything is gonna work out. They kept their word and I've had a great experience with them thus far.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

A credit card concerns led me to seek services from United Debt Counselors. The enrollment went excellent and the very friendly people explained everything. They said it was gonna be three years, but it wound up being two years and eight months. The consultant was very helpful. In fact, I also got an overpayment check in the mail the day before yesterday, so I was very happy. I had them withdraw the monthly payment from my bank account. However, they withheld the money. I thought they paid as I paid, but they didn't. But, outside of that, everything was fine. The credit card people were very happy with it, too. Working with them has saved me a lot of money. That was the perfect little journey to change my life. I highly recommend it.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I was so overloaded with credit card debt. We had a lot of medical expense, some home expense, but mostly we had car repairs. I sought help from United Debt Counselors, which I saw was advertised on TV. When I talked to them at that time, the gentleman explained to me how it worked. Enrolling in the service was very easy. They took my case. Something was sent to the mail, I signed it and got it back to them. We took care of the administrative part.

United reduced my credit card debt from 31,000 down to considerably 15,000. There were three credit cards involved. One of them was combined with another credit card and those two balances together. Our United counselor Eric asked me the questions that he was seeking and the information that he needed. There were times I had a question that I would call. If Eric wasn’t in, the person who answered the phone always gave me the answer. One day, a lady called and said she had good news for me. She said that the Citibank debt was paid off.

We are now working on the Capital One and Discover cards, which were combined into one card. It worked out well just like they said we were supposed to get from United Debt Counselors on the TV ad. I’m very pleased. It was all done by phone and it has been very easy so far. The guys at United have knowledge and capability of helping. They supplied the answers to questions that I had.

They also set up the payment plan for the Citibank card and the other cards, and they told me exactly how much I had to pay in exactly how many months. I’m fulfilling those things now as these months pass by. The quality of help that I received has been excellent. The guys at United are very good at what they do. Working with them taught me to leave those darn credit cards alone as much as I can, except in an emergency. Sometimes, we just have to use them but only the very small amount. Hopefully, in approximately 20 months, I’ll have the debt paid for. Hopefully, too, I’d be able to buy my wife a new car in the later months. If you've stayed on credit card debt, seek help from United Debt Counselors. Watch out for the TV ads. United Debt Counselors helped me and they can help other people, too.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

The guy that I talked to at United Debt Counselors was pretty good at explaining everything and he set me up with their debt counseling service on the same day that I called. The enrollment process was very easy. They sent me a packet in the mail, then I filled it out and sent it back. I also sent them a copy of all my bills. All of the debt consultants that I worked with were pretty good. If I had a question, I called them and they asked me to email my complaints, then they handled it from there. I got ahold of someone every time I called and it wasn't difficult at all. The payment plan that they put me on was fine and they took into account my budget. The cost of the service was fine too. The program that they provided for me was a three to four-year plan. At this point, I'm through with the program and I paid for my debt less than what I owed.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience in the program. If you need anything else in the future let us know.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I had some extraordinary bills and my job had cut me down to part-time, so I just couldn't pay them anymore. The information about United Debt Counselors came in the mail and I decided to call in and to find out. I didn't know much about these things at the time. When I spoke to the guy, he explained the things over the phone and that was when I decided to give them a try. After we spoke, he said to me that I would have been a good client to do the program and we took it from there. Someone came to the house and explained the payment and gave me a time that I wanted to put out. Also, he gave me a breakdown of the pricing that it was gonna cost. It was a lot of money for me to pay monthly, but I stuck with it.

However, I don't think they had given me the right information because along the way, there was some money refunded back to me. The money that they were charging was too high. So, there was a refund back from the payment. Still, I didn't have a problem with United. I felt what they did was the right thing and they also talked to me every so often to let me know if I have any questions of the process. It was comfortable speaking to them. I've completed the program.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

United Debt Counselors sent me something in the mail and when I got it, I just had my now three-year-old and I needed to get some debt off my back as a single mom of two now. The people I worked with were good and they walked me through everything. My debt was taken care of and I'd recommend them.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I went with United Debt Counselors to get back financially sound. I was provided with a debt consolidation deal. It was painless and it went well. I also did not get hassled by the credit companies. The reps call once a month, checking with everything. The monthly program payment was way less than what I had before, too. My experience with them went as I thought it would go, and working with them got me where I needed to be.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very happy to hear that you had such a good experience. If you ever need anything else let us know.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

United Debt Counselors gave me a cheaper rate and they took in all the information during the enrollment process. I met with somebody and signed papers. The debt consultants were good. They never asked me any questions and they never bothered me. I just signed up and rolled the money out, and I didn't have to deal with them anymore. They called every once in a while and somebody would ask me how things were going.

After they told me it was paid off, the man I spoke to came back. One of the outfits I was with went higher and nobody told me that I would have to pay more money, so I ended up paying about $1,400 more than I thought I was gonna pay. The program ran longer and I ended up having to spend more than what they told me. The payment plan hurt me, but it was better than the one I had. I had a way to put the debts all on one spot and I wasn't paying five or six different places. The cost was better than what the debtors wanted. After I paid the extra $1,500, they still saved me about 3,000. I'm satisfied with United Debt.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The communication with United Debt Counselors was good. I was concerned about putting my social security number out there, where a lot of people won't even, and you have to give them information first before they will do any other communication. And they were able to email stuff and do other forms of communication other than just by the phone to verify. I had to pay $5,000 initially towards the program. Then, I got my first negotiation letter saying, "This credit card will accept this amount. Do you want to pay it off?" I wouldn't give them any extra money because I was still kinda skeptical. But I finally got onto it and once a month I've seen a letter come back from that first credit card company, then I started sending way bigger payments. That was how I got it off my records after.

Initially, I had seven credit cards that we were supposed to do. They told me that they would take care of all of them but then they said that Target doesn't work with them. It wasn't said upfront. They should know going into it that Target doesn't deal with them because it's not just me, it's everybody that they deal with. They didn't single me out and say Target won't accept their offer. They wouldn't even talk to them. I had a $3,000-credit card I still had to pay off on top of that and that $3,000 was included in the part of my payment. It was part of my monthly. So, I feel like I got shafted about $3,000 from that.

Everything was significant other than the Target thing. My last credit card, the biggest one that I have, was over $18,000 and they negotiated it for $7,900. I had $38,000 in credit card debt and I paid it off in 19 months. I finished the program 15 months early because I was focused on getting everything off my credit and I took care of the Target one on my own.

The negotiator that I had for me just had a lot of people under him but he was good. It's just sometimes, it would take him a week to get back with me even through email. But I understand they were busy. Other than that, every time I would have my monthly payment come out, I would get a courtesy call the next business day to see if I had any questions. Also, when somebody would reach out to them and accepted the offer for what amount, they would contact me as soon as they would get it. Jeff was always really good when we spoke, all the way up to my last transaction. My payments were just too much for me. One of my credit cards' loan was $500 and what I was paying them was $562 a month. To get all of that off from underneath me was great. I would definitely recommend United Debt Counselors.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

It had been three years since I signed up with United Debt Counselors. I called them and talked to them about their services and they sent a representative out. She talked to me and we just went from there. The debt counselor was great and helped me out a lot. United set up my payment plan and then it went okay until I got to do what I have to do. I heard from them once a month and I called them for questions. I'd leave my number and they'd call me right back. I felt really comfortable working with them. So far, I'm finished with the program and my experience with them has been great. I'd recommend United Debt Counselors.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I had good experience with United Debt Counselors. I had a lot of credit cards and I was having trouble paying them off. I enrolled with United Debt as they seemed to have the best offer among similar companies. They helped me pay off my credit cards. I paid a certain amount each month and they worked with my creditors to settle the account. They kept in touch with me and told me everything that was going on and pulled no punches. They let me know what was paid off and what wasn’t. Everything went smoothly. I’d recommend United Debt to anybody.

United Debt Counselors response

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I needed help with credit cards and my wife sort of directed me to United Debt Counselors. When I enrolled, I learned a lot of things that I didn't know about their process, but it seemed to be relatively simple. But when I had questions for the rep that came to my home, he seemed to do the standard protocols, read from a book, and really didn't tell me some direct thoughts and answers. Then one time, there was a scenario where I had to negotiate a debt and I felt like I got thrown to the lions and wouldn't get through one. I thought that they were gonna be helping me negotiate all my debts and it might have been by the law that existed that I had to do it face to face as opposed to them interacting with my creditor, but I wasn't impressed with what happened. And it didn't feel like I had enough information going into that discussion with the creditor about it. But in the end, it worked out.

Other than that, the payment plan they gave me was based a lot on what I owed and working with United Debt was beneficial to me. They also followed up on a regular basis and every month, I would get a phone call asking if I had any questions. So, at least they tried to do a good job of communicating if I had a question. Most of the time, they didn't have the answer, so I ended up being referred to somebody else and they would just call me about it. But their program did its job, so I was able to consolidate and move on from some of the debts that I had. I would encourage others to be involved with United Debt Counselors.

United Debt Counselors response

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We are very glad that you had a positive experience overall and that you would encourage others to work with us. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My husband passed away and left me with a lot of debt and no life insurance. United Debt Counselors was the only one I remember ever contacting me and they provided me with a monthly payment plan. United Debt Counselors has paid off all the bills I was left.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that we were able to help you in your time of need. If you ever need anything else let us know.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I needed to take care of debts after three of my charge cards suddenly decided to raise the percentage of their interest way up. I got United Debt Counselors' services and they came over. They presented an application and how much the bills were. Then, they came up with an offer amount to pay and we came up with an agreement. I filled out their application of what their agreement was. They went over each page very carefully, we agreed to it, and we signed everything. United Debt did what they told me they'd do and I was comfortable working with them. They took care of the bills and I didn't have to deal with the bill collectors. I've completed the program and I don't have the bills anymore. United Debt is a good place to deal with.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience. If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had two large credit card debts that I ended up having to pay IRS some money and it was making it really tight to pay all my bills. I've looked at different companies and I felt most comfortable with talking to United Debt Counselors. I enrolled, called, and they had someone come out and meet me at a local subway and sign paperwork for it. The meet up was brief. United had already explained everything on the phone and we just went over all the paperwork. It’s easy to work with them.

They went and negotiated with each of the accounts for a lower amount. And then they divided that up and I had to have it all paid up within two years. I paid one account, then after I paid that off, they negotiated, and I paid off the second account. One was 3,000 and the other one was 1,800 and it allowed me to be able to pay everything else and get everything else caught up.

The monthly payment was very affordable for me. It was worth it. My payment was 153 a month so that just made it much more manageable. And then it knocked out all the interest charges and things I was getting, and the calls and the harassment from the two credit cards. I just finished with them. I made my last payment in September, and I’ve paid up all my credit cards at this point. I went from a 600 credit score and now, I’m up to over 700.

Also, the debt consultant periodically checked with me. So, in the process, if I had any questions, I could call it in. But basically, United would just check with me, about once every two to three months to see if I had any questions, if anything was going on, if I needed anything, and if I was satisfied with service. They had good communication and they were professional. They also kept in contact with me and sent updates.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. We are here for you if you ever need anything else.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

This company sends offers of credit reduction/debt consolidation services designed to look like a notice of Debt Collection with scare tactic phrases like: “Failure to Call” and “In addition penalties may accrue in the event of unpaid obligations” in order to frighten susceptible individuals into contacting them.

United Debt Counselors response

We would be more than happy to remove you from our mailing list. Please contact us with the mailer code and we can get that done for you. We are here to help those who are struggling with credit card debt. We have helped many people get into a better financial situation and that is what we do. We are most certainly not a scam.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

United Debt Counselors was great. I went with them because I wanted to get rid of my debts and their enrollment process was easy. I met with their representative and that went great as well. Their debt consultants were very good, too. They were easy to get a hold of when I needed them, plus they worked with me on my monthly program payment and they were flexible. I already completed their program and United Debt helped me really good.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We greatly appreciate you! We are so happy that we were able to help you. If you ever need anything else at all do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My friend and I called United Debt Counselors' number and a gentleman came out. He was fine and our meeting went well. I signed papers for the loan and I was glad that I could take care of the debt because the bills that I was getting from Capital One was above and beyond what I was able to pay. I was very comfortable working with United and everything went well. Everybody was very kind and they checked on me once a month to make sure that everything was going okay.

Everything was thorough with United and they seemed to be above board and wanting to help in my debt with Capital One. They figured out how much I would need every month for an allotted amount of time and it was over $200 less a month than what Capital One was wanting, even with the interest going up. I didn't mind paying the amount every month and it was all done within 3 years. My debt is relieved now. Overall, it's a good program. I pass United Debt Counselors' number along and I even have referred them to a friend who is in need of that.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it. We are so happy that we were able to help you out. If you ever need anything else just let us know!

United Debt Counselors expert review by Barbara Friedberg

United Debt Counselors (UDC) is a debt settlement firm that helps people who have high credit card balances with high interest rates. UDC helps you combine all your debt into one bill with a lower interest rate, so you can pay off your debt earlier than if you did nothing.

• Reduced debt: UDC can help reduce the principal amount you owe to as little as 30 percent of your original debt.

• Online quote: You can get a quote online to see how United Debt Counselors can help with your debt settlement. You only need to tell them your name, phone number, email address and state of residence.

• In-person meeting: When you sign up for debt settlement from UDC, you’ll meet with a company representative in person. This gives you the chance to get answers to any questions you have and shows the company’s dedication to personal service.

• Service areas: UDC can help customers in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Louisiana, and Washington DC.

• Best for: consumers with high balances on high-interest credit cards.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg