4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

If you are overwhelmed by credit card debt or high-interest rates, United Debt Counselors (UDC) is here to provide customers with customized debt settlement services to get you out of debt and back to financial freedom. UDC is headquartered in Plano, Texas and has over 1,000 representatives in 18 states ready to provide the guidance you need to navigate your debt settlement program.

Our five-step approach includes:

1. We create a custom plan for your needs.

2. A field representative in one of 18 states meets with you face-to-face to review enrollment paperwork.

3. Once enrolled, you will have the option to create a special purpose savings account with a third-party financial institution in order to accrue funds for enrollment fees and settlement payments.

4. You and UDC agree on a monthly payment program.

5. Once you have accrued enough funds, we will approach the first creditor with a settlement offer - typically 30-40% of what is owed.

United Debt Counselors has representatives in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, DC, MA, MI, NC, NE, NM, NY, OK, VA, TX, ND, LA, and OH.

United Debt Counselors Video
View More View More

120 United Debt Counselors Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

As I was watching TV, United Debt Counselors was advertised and I loved it. At the same time, I was looking at all my credit card bills. I was doing monthly payments and the interest was killing me. I had gotten sick and I was on a short term disability, which didn’t even cover half of my check. No matter how much you make, New York State disability only allows you $170 a week. It was no way that my bills, my rent, life insurance and medical would have been covered. So, I decided to take all my credit cards and put them in a program. United Debt Counselors was the first one that popped up when I turned the TV on, so I went for it.

The enrollment was done within the same day. When I called, the first agent I spoke with was David. I told him my situation and credit card history. He asked me some questions and I gave him the answers in one day. He said that a young lady was gonna call me within 24 or 48 hours, business days, and that she was gonna come by my home to sit down and talk. She called me the next day and came to me. She told me the process, how long it would take and my responsibility.

The rep convinced me that I can trust the program with the identity theft and all the craziness that’s going on nowadays. She built up my confidence that I can trust giving her personal information - my personal security and my checking account number. I'm the type of person that’s very hard to get some information from, especially if I don’t feel comfortable, but she made me feel that I made the right decision in the program that I chose to help me with my credit card issue.

The rep asked me the best week of the month that I can have the payment taken out of my checking account that would not interfere with my other bills like medicine, cable, life insurance, laundry, food, and cleaning bills. She said, “Well, you pick the day of the month, and it will only be on that day we will take out the payment. We won't interfere with any of your lifestyle.” It was the 15th of every month, but my pay period was every Wednesday and the 15th did not fall on the Wednesday of each month on the same date, and it was clashing with the due dates of my other bills. I said, “No. I have to pick a week where I don’t have bills to pay except my credit card payments.” And they allowed me to change the dates where it was perfect.

However, I got laid off. I called the program and I explained my situation and I gave them any documents that they needed to check to verify my issue. They worked with me to cut my monthly payments by a few dollars. I was having them take out $331.98, so they cut it down to $302 when I was on unemployment, and it worked out perfectly. But they told me that I have to add an extra couple of months. I was originally supposed to be finished by July, but being that they had to cut my payments for a few dollars, I had to extend it to October, which I had no problems with.

I was so relieved that I could pay them in 24 months. All my questions were answered and they called occasionally to check on me to see if everything was okay or if I had any concerns. Working with United Debt Counselors taught me a lesson. Too much of anything is not good for you and you can get lost and get carried away that you will find yourself in hot water real fast. The program also taught me that I have to be aware of my spending, my decisions and how it would impact my lifestyle. I've learned to not live above the means.

And because of that experience, I recommended to some of my coworkers that they also put their credit cards in the United Debt solution, and they have. United Debt Counselors has some of my coworkers as clients now and some have the 18-month program, while one has the 24. And now, they are trying to convince their family members to also join the program. United Debt Counselors is doing excellent.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a detailed and thorough review. We can't tell you how much we appreciate that. We are so excited to know that you had such a wonderful experience from start to finish. Thank you for sharing our program with your co-workers and clients. If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to let us know!

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have been placed on unexpected disability. I have a condition of a bone deterioration and I had hip replacement. I worked through those times, and I had totally figured maybe I'll go through the whole 65, and it didn’t happen. I got a bad knee, and they told me I had to go on disability which I wasn’t prepared for financially because I needed those extra five years to clear out my credit card debt.

I happened to get the call from United Debt Counselors one day, and it sounded like a good idea for me. The bank told me I should have asked them. They could've done it, but I was very busy then. I have a lot of family problems. United Debt fell right into my lap. So, I decided to go for it. The enrollment was very easy. The person who came to my house did the notary. She told me the paperwork, but the girl on the phone was the one that told me everything, and why I wanted to join was because of that.

I have a little bit of a complain because I was told at the very beginning that one of the credit cards might be a problem due to the fact that the biggest one was from the bank that I did business with. It ended up a problem for real. I was supposed to be finished in October. We set it up to be 256 and when they told me that, I increased it to 300 a month only, but it didn’t make much of a difference because some of the other ones were asking for more money than they could talk them down to. So, now I'm still paying off two more bills. It didn’t stay the way it should have, but hopefully by April, I'll be finished with that.

Also, there were two bills that looked like they were gonna be left behind. And I didn’t want to go past the timing that they had given me because I was already anxious. It's been three years. Now, I want it finished. By the time we got to it, it was too late. They said I had to finish it off, so she set me up with what I have to do, and I followed through, and that was it. Working with United Debt allowed me to have a tight budget now, but because of other helping people, I'm all right. I'm not in the street and I'm not hungry. I would recommend United Debt to a friend.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write our company a review. We really appreciate it. We are so glad that we were able to provide you some relief during a difficult time. If you ever need anything else, please feel free to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We were over our heads in credit card debt and we attempted to short sell our home, which didn't work out very well, so we were deep under. There was an option of going bankrupt, but we thought we could handle the debt consolidation without going bankrupt. After doing a very short interview, we decided to look into a debt counseling service with United Debt Counselors. We made the appointment and we did the eye-to-eye type of meeting. We got the information that they said they would send and we got the packet within 24 hours. The information that was in there was self-explanatory. United Debt Counselors said they were gonna send somebody over and go over the paperwork with us. Then, they notarized it at the same time.

It worked out at that time for us because we were more looking at a bankruptcy thing, but I was afraid I made a little too much money to qualify and come to find out that was exactly what would have happened. I would have been denied the bankruptcy option and I still would have had to turn to something to assist our credit. Also, the bankruptcy would have affected us a lot longer.

We interacted with the debt consultants on each one of the different credit cards. A couple of the credit card companies didn't wanna work with the debt consolidation because although there is a federal debt act, they said they do not have to negotiate with any type of debt consolidation type of company. The first company took me to court and United Debt Counselors negotiated out of court settlement. We might have saved almost $4,000 from the total amount that was on the card. There were two other ones that we settled left that were settled between 40 and 45% of the debt, which was a lot, and it definitely helped us.

And with our Discovery, we offered to settle half a decent price, but once we said we would, they re-neg on us. They found out that my Discovery card was already assigned to a law firm and that particular law firm requested my wife's Discovery card. We went to the county attorney and he said it was illegal. When the law firm agreed to settle my account, they had a binding contract with us.

The particular credit card company used all my data and my information and they turned around and used it against my wife. They did insider trading against me. They knew what I made or how much it was that I was ready to settle. We settled the first card and not more than 30 days later, we were getting a letter, another lawsuit for my wife's Discovery credit card from the same law firm. It was illegal, however, we have too little for us to stand on at the time. The county attorney's office helped us out and they gave us a couple of options, but the options were a lot of money out of our pockets that we could not afford. I'd recommend United Debt Counselors and as a matter of fact, we have recommended them to a couple of other people.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with us. If you need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I’m getting close to 60 and there are some debts that I’ve been struggling to take care of over the last couple of years. I would like to get this all said and done and pay all my bills while I’m still in a good position to do so and not have to go into retirement with a couple of thousand dollars in debt still over my head. The enrollment process with United Debt Counselors went smoothly. Initially, I spoke to Duane but then they switched consultants and I dealt with another gentleman thereafter.

I’m on the road a lot, so I don’t have an hour or two hours to sit down at my desk and take note of the approval numbers and all kinds of information. The only hours I’m available is on Saturdays, but they don’t have any Saturday hours, so that’s unfortunate. The second consultant, however, was willing to go of his my way to accommodate me. He told me to call him and he would let me know what was going on, and we could come to terms. So I called him, and he was quite accommodating. He explained the entire process to me very thoroughly, and he did a very good job of answering my questions.

I also worked with Lisa who really seemed to be genuinely concerned. She claimed to have many years of experience in handling cases such as mine, and she had a lot of really good answers. I had a couple of questions for her as well and she was really quick to respond. She said she would be handling my case for an unspecified period of time beyond that point. She said she would be more than glad to look into it and see what she could do to help me out. However, she is probably no longer with United Debt Counselors because when I called one time and I asked to speak with her, somebody said that Lisa is no longer in their department. So then, right near the end, I worked with a different lady and she was good too.

My payment plan with United Debt Counselors went very well even though I changed my mind a couple of times because I got my local credit union involved, which we didn’t really wanna do. United Debt Counselors gave me some misinformation, telling me that it was pretty much an all for nothing, so I had to throw everything into the bucket and pay on everything. They charged me a percentage as a fee based on my total debt load so I decided to take one or two accounts out of that, as that would’ve changed that fee. It would’ve been different though if we would recalculate everything from day one, but it turned out good in the long run, although it probably cost me a few dollars more than it should have.

I took one account out of the bucket to my local credit union, and then I threw another credit card back in. There were some additions and some subtractions here and there, but it all balanced out okay. There were some adjustments on my part and as far as United Debt Counselors’ end, it was dealt with very smoothly. United Debt Counselors helped me get rid of that debt load and it has worked out well. My credit score took a bit of a dive for a short while but right now it is about 760 and I have a very light debt load.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear that you had a good experience. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

The communication with United Debt Counselors was good. I was concerned about putting my social security number out there, where a lot of people won't even, and you have to give them information first before they will do any other communication. And they were able to email stuff and do other forms of communication other than just by the phone to verify. I had to pay $5,000 initially towards the program. Then, I got my first negotiation letter saying, "This credit card will accept this amount. Do you want to pay it off?" I wouldn't give them any extra money because I was still kinda skeptical. But I finally got onto it and once a month I've seen a letter come back from that first credit card company, then I started sending way bigger payments. That was how I got it off my records after.

Initially, I had seven credit cards that we were supposed to do. They told me that they would take care of all of them but then they said that Target doesn't work with them. It wasn't said upfront. They should know going into it that Target doesn't deal with them because it's not just me, it's everybody that they deal with. They didn't single me out and say Target won't accept their offer. They wouldn't even talk to them. I had a $3,000-credit card I still had to pay off on top of that and that $3,000 was included in the part of my payment. It was part of my monthly. So, I feel like I got shafted about $3,000 from that.

Everything was significant other than the Target thing. My last credit card, the biggest one that I have, was over $18,000 and they negotiated it for $7,900. I had $38,000 in credit card debt and I paid it off in 19 months. I finished the program 15 months early because I was focused on getting everything off my credit and I took care of the Target one on my own.

The negotiator that I had for me just had a lot of people under him but he was good. It's just sometimes, it would take him a week to get back with me even through email. But I understand they were busy. Other than that, every time I would have my monthly payment come out, I would get a courtesy call the next business day to see if I had any questions. Also, when somebody would reach out to them and accepted the offer for what amount, they would contact me as soon as they would get it. Jeff was always really good when we spoke, all the way up to my last transaction. My payments were just too much for me. One of my credit cards' loan was $500 and what I was paying them was $562 a month. To get all of that off from underneath me was great. I would definitely recommend United Debt Counselors.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We are happy to know that overall your experience was positive. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Debt Counselors?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I called up United Debt and had some questions, and then they put me in touch with a client that was in the program, and we talked personally on the phone. After I talked with her, I felt much more comfortable. It was very easy to enroll to their program and their rep was very easy to talk to. They would check in from time to time just to see how things were going, and for any questions. The communication was very smooth.

United Debt combined everything and I had one payment a month. It was very easy to do that, and saved me a lot of interest. We started off and then I added another card, so we adjusted the monthly payment. But they could not work with American Express. So I ended up dealing with them on my own. But United Debt made numerous efforts to reach out to American Express. American Express wouldn’t talk to them, so it was not their fault. United Debt put me on a path where I wasn’t just paying the minimum payments. They negotiated with the debtors, and got me a really reduced price and I was able to pay it off. I'm done with the program. So now I'm credit card debt-free.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled to know that you are done with the program and are credit card debt-free! What a great feeling that mush be. If you need anything else in the future let us know.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I owed JCPenney $600. For about two years, I continued paying $150 every month and the debt would never go down. United Debt helped me out and I’m satisfied. If not for them, I would’ve never gotten out of that credit card debt. It’s not easy to come out of that thing. It's not t easy to pay $15,000. It would take another 20 years to pay that. United Debt is a very wonderful company and I respect it so much. They have a very good program which worked in many ways. Everybody is very nice. I did it for almost 20 months and I didn’t have any problem with them. You call them and they’re there for you. They tell you the right thing. I’m finished with the program and I don’t want to be near credit cards now. I’m afraid of that. It's dangerous. For the rest of my life, I will never want it.

United Debt Counselors response

Thanks so much for taking the time to write our company a review. We are excited to hear that your experience went so smoothly and that everyone that you interacted with was nice. If you need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I was making payments on time to my credit card but the interest was too high so I used United Debt. I was so happy with my experience enrolling with them. Yolanda, the lady who came and helped me enroll, was so pleasant and very kind. And David, my consultant, was efficient. The monthly payment that I had to make with United Debt was less than what I was actually paying through my way. Now, I’m done with the program. My credit went down, but now, it’s increasing. It’s a relief. I recommend United Debt and put seven of my friends with them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that your experience was so good that you referred so many people to work with us as well. Thank you! if you ever need anything else or have any other friends who need our help we are here!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had too much debt and United Debt took care of it. Everything was good. I really recommend them because I've known some others where they just view it over the phone and over the internet. But United Debt had a fella come to the house which was really great. They have other people working outside of there and they call me every month and see if I had any questions.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for writing our company a review, we really appreciate it. We are so glad to know that everything went well throughout the process. If you ever need anything else please let us know.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I was spending more money than I was bringing in. I was looking through the internet looking at things and United Debt Counselors caught my eye. I called and had a fellow come out to the house from Texas and we signed up with him. I liked the idea, so we made a plan and we worked on it. We had three different outstanding debts and we looked at the interest rate. We had two Citi card debt and Wells Fargo. He suggested that we could start with the one that had the highest interest rate, then we could start knocking it out on that one, so that is what we did.

What got me intrigued, though, is they could get it at 40%. For the first one that I started out with, I paid up around 60% and got it out of the way. For the next one, they got it done at 50%, but for the last one, the biggest one, I said that I wanted it at 40%. We started at 60%, then 50% and now we got it at 40%. I stuck to my goals and I did it. If someone is considering going through the program, it is a great idea. It helped me tremendously and I would recommend it.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate it. We are glad to know that you had success in our program. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know!

Original review: April 26, 2019

I got something in the mail where United Debt Counselors spelled out their procedure, so I contacted them and I was well-satisfied. The enrollment process was very easy. A middle-aged lady came by and got me signed up. It was very personal. She was very knowledgeable and she put me at ease about the whole process. Throughout the program, United Debt Collectors kept me informed of everything that was going on, and I knew where I stood with whatever credit card they were working on. They have set me up with a payment plan that I was able to make and I designated the payments. It was entirely up to me because they gave me choices of what payment type and how much they wanted me to get out of my bank account. They also gave me a good picture of the time I was going to pay off my debts. I was able to put away the amount that they designated and in three years, it was all over. I have already completed the program.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking time to write our company a review. It is much appreciated. We are so happy that we set the proper expectation and delivered on it! If you eve need anything else feel free to reach out!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had too many credit card bills and picked out United Debt Counselors for their services. I enrolled with them over the phone and the enrollment process was okay. The payment plan was doable as well. Their reps were helpful and seemed to get the job done for me. But if I have questions, there were a lot of phone tag and they call me back within one to two days. Other than that, working with United Debt made my life better and increased my credit score. They said I completed the program, but I still got one outstanding bill. I was wondering if they could help me with it, but they said I have to take care of it on my own.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for writing our company a review, we greatly appreciate it. We are so happy that your experience was positive! If you ever need anything else let us know!

Original review: April 17, 2019

United Debt Counselors came in and sat with me, and they told me what the procedure was and how much I would have to pay monthly. I was in a bind and they helped me budget. I pushed to pay the monthly fee, which was good, and the monthly payments were reasonable for me.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for writing our company a review, it means a lot to us. We are glad to hear that you had a 5 star experience. If you need anything in the future please let us know!

Original review: April 16, 2019

United Debt Counselors helped us really get out of debt and got us back on the right track. The enrollment process went really easy. They have very friendly people working there. I completed the program around two years and the debt consultant was so nice. He was concerned about us and that really made the difference.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate it. We are so glad to hear our employees treated you well and that you were able to get our of your debt. We do genuinely care about our customers and want them to be able to tell we care. If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We had a total of three credit cards that we've been trying to get straightened out. I sought United Debt's services and the enrollment process was okay. We did all of the processes then they sent me out the package. I sent back things that they had to get and they were good about it. We started with the smaller ones first then went to the big one. With the first two cards, United Debt’s negotiator was able to get everything worked out with the people that we owed the money to. But the last one, which was not their fault, the negotiator kept trying to send the information to the bank who kept sending the paperwork back. So, I let it go for three months from the time she started on this.

I had a time also that I was calling the negotiator and she didn't get back to me. I kept getting upset. But when she finally did, she was right on it. Still, she couldn't get anything done because the bank was not cooperating. I told her that it did not seem like the bank was gonna cooperate so, we opted out of the program. United Debt returned the money that we paid. I had all the faith in United Debt and it was the bank that was being a pain. We were making the payments and building the money up but the bank did not want to negotiate with us and that they wanted more money. They did not even wanna talk to the negotiator about it. So now, the bank is not gonna get anything because we are gonna file for bankruptcy. United Debt did a great job and if anybody has to go through what we did, I would recommend them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for writing us a review. We really appreciate it. We are glad to hear that the process went well overall! If you ever need our help again just reach out.

Original review: March 30, 2019

United Debt Counselors was the first company I picked and their enrollment process was easy. Their program worked and I’m done with it.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy to hear the process was easy and that you have now completed the program. If you need anything else let us know.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We needed somebody to help us with our bills. We decided to call United Debt Counselors and somebody came over and helped us get signed up. They got my bills all lowered and got them paid off for me. They did a good job on it. The enrollment process wasn't that hard at all. When they told us how the payment plan worked, it went really smoothly. I worked with two people and they both did a good job. They kept us informed and all the times that I had questions, they were there to answer them. They called us every time that they got a bill that they were trying to get paid off. They got everybody's information and they did a real good job for us. The monthly payments were easy. They were automatically taken out of our check so we didn't have to worry about it.

United Debt Counselors did all the work over the phone and that was easy for me because I can't get out very much. They settled all my debt. I just gave them the letters and told them that they can handle it. I had one person that didn't want to let the UDC rep have any information. The UDC rep ended up calling him back and told him that they would settle it. The company wasn't gonna settle at first but they were real nice about it after they heard from UDC. Now, I don't owe anybody any money. If somebody asks me about United Debt Counselors, I'd tell them to go ahead and go for it. They did the best job and they were honest about everything.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our company. We really appreciate it. We are so very happy to hear that you had such a good experience. If you ever need anything else please let us know.

Original review: March 8, 2019

United Debt Counselors got it where I didn’t have to keep paying on my timeshare. The monthly payment program was reasonable. I was able to manage that quite well. They treated me very well, and everything went fine.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We certainly appreciate it! We are glad that we were able to help you out with your time share. If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I called United Debt Counselors and saw that it was a fit for me in settling my debt. I enrolled in their program and it was easy. I called them up, they took my information, I got some papers signed and I was off to the races. They arranged to consolidate my debt and lower it. I also called them several times to see where things were and how soon I would be finished. They told me that I will pay into the fund that I would be held and at the end of a certain time, the debt would be paid. And so, I paid on it and now, it’s finished. I'm satisfied with United Debt and I recommend it. It settled my debt in a number of months. I'm debt-free and I'll be able to enjoy my life.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate that. We are very happy to hear that your experience was a positive one. If you need anything else in the future let us know.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was in the hospital and because of the hospital debt, I couldn't make all the payments as I had before. I contacted United Debt Counselors and enrolling with them was easily accomplished. I had to call because I don't have computers, and it was fine. Their representative was very knowledgeable and kind, and she helped a great deal. They were also nonjudgmental because it was a hard decision for me to make since if I hadn't landed in a hospital twice within a month, that wouldn't have happened. I would've continued to pay off the credit cards on my own after that. United took into account everything but if I had a question or a concern, they got back to me with a response the same day. If I happen to call later in the afternoon, they get back to me first thing in the morning. Right now, the debt is paid off and it’s definitely a relief.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review, we greatly appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with our program and that we were able to provide you relief. If you ever need anything else just let us know.

Original review: March 2, 2019

United Debt Counselors had the lowest monthly payments so I went with them. It was easy enrolling and I was impressed with the debt consultants whom I worked with. They have quick response and were able to answer all my questions. My payment plan with United Debt was based on the debt ratio and I have completed their program.

The only complaint I have though is I’m on Social Security and if they had put the debt under my name, I would’ve had my Social Security taken for a little bit until they got the money to pay because it was something like I make money. I wasn’t told that that was gonna be a problem at all and I wish they would have told me that. Another thing that I had wasn’t aware of is that one of the people I owed money to wouldn’t settle, so I’m gonna have bad credit for seven to 10 years instead of just the four years that I was planning on. Nevertheless, working with United Debt Counselors did take a lot of stress away. It was very hard for us for the four years, but it was worth it because I am kind of debt free.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it. We are very glad to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. We will definitely look into the areas you mentioned where we could use improvement. If you need anything else please feel free to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I called United Debt Counselors then met with someone. I then sent the paperwork I signed to them. Their reps were very kind people and were good helpers. They were always calling. I completed their program in 3 years and I found it really interesting. I encourage everyone to participate in this program. I was so glad to be part of it.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it! We are very glad to know that you had such a wonderful experience with us. If you ever need anything else please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had worked with United Debt a couple of years ago and they were dependable and honest. I called them again for another service and they sent out a representative. She went through all the papers with me. It was like signing for a mortgage but it was very complete, thorough and friendly. But there was a misunderstanding of why I was calling and it was a little difficult. She got her supervisor and she finally understood exactly what I wanted and how we wanted to set it up.

They called me on a monthly basis to find out if I had any questions. When I did have a question about negotiations, they were right there for me. I didn't need to leave a message and had them call me back. The girl that answered took care of my problems. As of right now, I am out of debt. If I ever got into a position where I was in debt again, I would definitely call them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that your experience with us was a positive one. If you or anyone you know ever needs us in the future please know that we are here!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I received a letter and made the phone call to United Debt Counselors. I wanna know if the company was legit and then the rep who I spoke with explained everything, step-by-step. And then he recommended the person in the notary. They came to my house and we followed what the rep said. What they did was really good. I am debt-free right now. The best part was that when there was one company that didn’t wanna settle because I was making the minimum payments regularly, I had some money left over in my account. So they sent me the check, and I paid off that bank. It was great.

Every time I called for anything that I needed, there were different people I spoke to. Everybody helped me out in answering my questions. It was a teamwork. I was very comfortable working with United Debt Counselors. Also, they told me the amount I would pay and asked if I was gonna be comfortable with a monthly payment. They told me step-by-step with that amount and what they would do. I was comfortable making that payment and it worked out very well. I really appreciate what United Debt Counselors did for me. I was very satisfied so I would recommend anybody because a lot of people don’t know exactly how this works.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking your time out to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We love hearing about how well taken care of you felt during the process. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I just got a divorce. As the divorce wasn't my fault, I didn't want to have to pay Etsy, Amazon and everything linked to my credit cards. I needed to cut them off and let United Debt take care of that. Once they signed me up, they let me know what my payments would be a month. They asked me what my mortgage was and if I had any other payments. Then they started going with that to try to get my debts settled, preferably not with all the late charges. They kept in contact with me and got everything settled. We only ended up paying full price for one. With another, I got it at half-price. Now, I've graduated from the program and all my debt has been cleared. It ended up being cheaper to go through big settlements.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for writing our company a review, we really appreciate it. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience. If you ever need anything do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was over my head in bills and after I called United Debt and made arrangements, the reps came to the house at my convenience. They were the first that I spoke with and it was a very good interaction. They were very respectful, helpful and didn’t try to make me feel bad about the fact that I got myself in trouble. It was easy to get started in their program and aside from getting my bills paid off, my credit scores improved very much. Working with United Debt gave me a lot of relief and I would recommend them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking out time to review our company. We really appreciate it. We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience. If you ever need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I got a phone call from United Debt. They were the only ones I talked to and the enrollment process was fairly easy. The staff was good although their website was hard to use. I could never remember what I needed to get into it. They called me once a month anyway, and I did call them a couple of times. So, after fighting with the website for a couple of times, I didn’t try it anymore. I just reached them through the telephone. The cost of the program was a little high but it is what it is and now, I’m out of debt.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate the feedback on the website and that is something that we will definitely look into. Glad that the overall experience you had was positive and that we were able to get you out of debt. If you ever need anything else in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

United Debt was the only company I called but they served me well. It wasn’t difficult at all getting into their program which helped me pay all the bills that I needed to pay off and have a fresh start. The rep was a nice guy and had a very good knowledge of the process. What he said was what happened. Different persons took over certain obligations and everybody fulfilled what they said they would. The cost was fair as well and I would recommend United Debt.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to know that you had a great experience. If you ever need anything else please feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

When I went with United Debt, it was my husband that made me decide on it and the enrollment process was very easy. The rep gave me a lot of information. I was comfortable with her approach and she explained stuff to me that I didn't understand. The payment was okay and I enjoyed it. Working with United Debt was very good and they settled two credit cards that I had. I would recommend them.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write our company a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are thrilled to know that you had an excellent experience. If you ever need anything in the future please feel free to let us know.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I needed someone with more knowledge on what to do but the companies didn't care and wouldn't talk to me. If I could make the payments to what I can afford, that would have been all right, but they would not lower the payments for me and kept charging me 20%. It got to a point where I had only one other choice or it would have been to file bankruptcy but I decided to get United Debt Counselors' services. A rep came to my house and explained a lot of things. What he said ended up costing me more money and I couldn't afford anything but whatever it was, there was nothing I can do about it. I had to add the bills up and with my income coming in, I had to prove that I couldn't afford to pay the firm all this money they wanted. I had gone through my motion and paid all my bills. I would recommend United Debt Counselors.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience. If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

United Debt Counselors expert review by Barbara Friedberg

United Debt Counselors (UDC) is a debt settlement firm that helps people who have high credit card balances with high interest rates. UDC helps you combine all your debt into one bill with a lower interest rate, so you can pay off your debt earlier than if you did nothing.

• Reduced debt: UDC can help reduce the principal amount you owe to as little as 30 percent of your original debt.

• Online quote: You can get a quote online to see how United Debt Counselors can help with your debt settlement. You only need to tell them your name, phone number, email address and state of residence.

• In-person meeting: When you sign up for debt settlement from UDC, you’ll meet with a company representative in person. This gives you the chance to get answers to any questions you have and shows the company’s dedication to personal service.

• Service areas: UDC can help customers in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Louisiana, and Washington DC.

• Best for: consumers with high balances on high-interest credit cards.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg