Find a Debt Settlement partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About United Debt Counselors

If you are overwhelmed by credit card debt or high-interest rates, United Debt Counselors (UDC) is here to provide customers with customized debt settlement services to get you out of debt and back to financial freedom. UDC is headquartered in Plano, Texas and has over 1,000 representatives in 18 states ready to provide the guidance you need to navigate your debt settlement program.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• Pay 30% to 40% of what you owe
    • Over 1,000 local representatives
    • Communicates with creditors

Cons

• Only available in 19 states

Bottom Line

United Debt Counselors is an online debt relief company that provides debt settlement services in 19 states. Find out if you're eligible for debt settlement services by visiting the company's website.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

United Debt Counselors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Debt Counselors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Debt Counselors?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I was very pleased with the process that United Debt Counselors worked with me on. They were able to reduce the amount that I was paying monthly on the credit card and negotiated successfully with the company on a lower payoff.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad that the program was a success and that you were very pleased with the process and the results. If you ever need anything else let us know.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My daughter made me reach out to United Debt Counselors. The company was nice, and they went with a payment that worked for the amount that I owed. I’m out of debt now.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it. We are glad to know that the payment worked, our staff was nice and most importantly that we got you out of debt! If you ever need anything else let us know.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

United Debt Counselors to me is a very trustable and efficient company to use. When using this company I have had no trouble working with them. The customer service there is very quick at replying to any problems that I may have.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that we were trustworthy and efficient. If you ever need anything else let us know.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I had fantastic interactions with the debt consultants at United Debt Counselors. At first, earlier this year, there was Tyler and then we got to a point where one of the credit cards wasn’t really working with us and we didn’t understand it so he moved it to Donna. She worked really hard to get the credit card company to work with us. But they were so stubborn about I had to have a PIN and they wouldn’t recognize me in the system for United Debt to be able to talk to them. They were very difficult when all we wanted to do was pay our bill. Also at the time, I had come down with some cancer and I was getting ready to go through treatment and Donna was absolutely fabulous. I called her and she said, “No, I told you. We’re not gonna worry about this until you get yourself situated.”

Then when I called back about 2 months ago, the customer service folks set me up with a new person who was in a higher level to take care of the issue with the credit card that didn’t want to talk to me. Her name was Leticia and it took a little while for her to call me back but that was okay ‘cause when she called me back, they had it done that day. I don’t know how we figured it out for the credit card company to be able to authorize me to talk with them, but it happened and they also allowed the consultant to be able to talk with them.

The issue turned out to be that I had another card with the credit card company and they went ahead and wrote off both cards at the same time and we didn’t know that. On the phone call, they had already sent me a 1099 for both cards. Leticia was great and she put them on hold and said, ‘I’ll be right back with you.” She talked to me and said, “They’ve already written this off, 1099, and you filed your taxes already. Do you want to double-pay this?” She also told me that there would be nothing wrong with me to say, “I don’t want to put any more money on this.” We thought that we still had one more credit card to negotiate and the credit card company must have just assumed that we were negotiating for both cards whereas we were only negotiating for one card in the beginning.

I just can’t say enough good things about that counselor. If anybody were to come to me and say that they needed some help taking care of their credit, I would definitely recommend United Debt. I’ve got information in my phone that I could pass them on to it. I am now finished with the program and the quality of service I received was great. I got my statement in my e-mail every month letting me know what was going on so I could see that they were saving my money, and all the money that I had saved up for the last credit card. I’m hoping that I don’t ever have to use United Debt again, but they have been there for me when I needed them. Also, I was very happy to find out that they were backed by the BBB. That can relieve a lot of people’s skepticism about using a debt counseling service.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate it. We are glad to know that your interactions with us were fantastic. If you need anything else let us know.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

United Debt Counselors was great. They were very accommodating, easy to get in touch with and responded to phone calls by calling back or email quickly. I got three years in the program and I have completed it. Everything went fine.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that we were accommodating and that you have graduated from the program! If you need anything else please reach out.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

United Debt Counselors helped me a lot. I was with them for three years and I graduated last October. And now, I’m debt-free. I didn’t know that you need to have funds with them before they do the settlement, and it was a big amount that I needed to pay them first. So, I was scared because there were a lot of calls from the bank. And then, later on when they started the process, it was so smooth and very good. Lisa was my debt counselor and she was great. What is good with United Debt Counselors is that they check with you every month and they ask you if you have any questions. They also give you an update on your account. I would recommend them to many people. They did a good job.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear that we helped you a lot and that we kept your informed throughout the process! If you need anything else please reach out.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I had credit card debts and I had United Debt Counselors help me get them debt-free two years ago. They took a certain amount out of my paycheck every month. They would also call back once a month to check on me. It’s all done now. They sent me a letter that said that everything was taken care of. I’m glad that they could help me out.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so glad to hear that we were able to help you out! If you ever need anything else do not hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

United Debt gave me a call and they explained to me what they do, how they could help and the process. The consultant was very professional and she called me once a month to check up on me. She always kept me updated on the status of my application. She even told me that she was unable to reach them, so she told me to give them a call and try to settle the debt. She gave me a couple of options and I gave them a call. They told me that they needed a certain amount depending upon the balance.

I was able to set up a payment plan and pretty much take care of the debt. Once they told me that was enough for what they needed, they stopped the payment and then it went from there. They started initiating the pay off with the actual companies. It was better for me because I was paying a low amount while I was paying the whole amount with the other company. Also, they helped me raise my credit score. Now, I’m clear and I am done with the process, so everything is good.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that you felt we were professional and that we kept you in the loop during the process! If you need anything else please reach out.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I was working with United Debt from 2016 and they were very helpful. They really worked for me. The lady that I dealt with gave good suggestions all the time. All four credit card debt cases were solved, but I only received one report out of four. Two were settled and for the other two, they said they were not charging me so they were resolved. But they're not going to give me any report. I need those reports which are settled because I want to apply for a house loan, and in the credit report, it is showing the full amount. The creditor said that if I settled that issue, I was supposed to show them a report that it was settled, and then they can issue a home loan or issue a primary approval.

United Debt Counselors response

Thanks so much for taking the time to write our company a review. We are happy to hear that we were very helpful during the program. If you need anything else in the future do not hesitate to let us know!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

United Debt Counselors happened to be around at the right time, so I signed up with them. The enrollment process was a little bit complicated, but nothing out of the ordinary type of thing. And the service I got from them was great. The lady I was in touch with all the time, Nikita, kept me informed and when I had a question, I called her. If she didn’t have an answer right then, she got back to me within the same day. So far, I completed the program and paid off my debt. I sold my vehicle and I paid it off. The service was a little bit expensive, but everything was done on time and I could count on it. And it’s one thing more off my mind.

United Debt Counselors response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to know that we kept you informed and that you have graduated from the program debt free! If you ever need anything else, we are here.

United Debt Counselors Company Information