3.9/5 (191 ratings)

About Union Bank

Union Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Union Bank?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

This is the worst bank to have any checks deposited to. They have placed my checks on hold almost every single time I make a deposit. The crazy part is that the checks are always issued from the same bank for the same amount and they refuse to even release partial funds. They have offered for me to go someplace else to get my money if I really need it. RIDICULOUS! If this is the way they treat someone whom has been banking with them for over 10 years I will no longer do any business with them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Worst Customer Service ever. They treat customers like their slaves. When a customer default a payment even for 5 days. They just keep calling every time. The customer service agents are like hell. They are telling "Shame on you." "You are so and so." "You can't even make a payment on time". There is no head to that department. The person who is answering the call even doesn't know how to treat a customer well. The head of the department is always not in the seat. They are not educated at all. Maybe there can be ones who left school from doing thug activities. No ethics at all. No politeness. Worst Service. The customer care agents are like Hunting Dogs. Please don't buy any products from Union Bank ever!!!

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

This bank treats its customers like criminals. They always question when I deposit large sums of money. I have a great job at the same company for over 2 years. Why are my deposits still side-eyed?! They also hold your money much longer than other banks! They state money will post the next business day, but they decide when to post it, at their convenience --- after my account has been overdraft due to critical time-sensitive payments. This place is trash and honestly suggest you stay away at all costs.

Original review: July 26, 2022

**STAY AWAY FROM UNION BANK!!** This is truly the worst bank ever. The people in the branch are very nice but the customer service over the phone is unacceptable. Their system is super slow. Nothing processes in a timely manner. If you have an issue and contact customer service you will not be helped. They will bounce you around and will not solve your problem after wasting hours of your time. Rocheen is the worst supervisor in customer service period.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Conservative & Careful, they aren’t really oriented to the everyday person. They’ve used too many of my transactions as “float”, interest free loans, rates are bad, closed Mondays now. 25 years are over.

Original review: July 13, 2022

The customer service at Union Bank who answered my call, are crazy angry people, have no experience at all, they need to be trained for the job and they have to be trained on how to deal with the customers, they sound like they are a runaway from a mental institution, or they did not take their nerves pills today. They got angry at me because I do remember the exact date I opened my account which was about 15 years ago, and they want me to remember the date of my last deposit which is more than 5 years ago. I am over 60y. I cannot remember the exact date. My answered for the 1st question was more than 10 years and my answer for the 2nd question was more than 5 years. They got so angry, I felt they want to choke me if they could. They cannot let me ask any question about my account even I answered CORRECTLY my SS#, my D.O.B. my account number and the branch where I opened my account.

A crazy supervisor also was fueling anger and asked me: - "How come you don't remember those dates but I can remember it?" And she told me, "Go to a branch and ask about your account because you do not remember the exact dates." (Why Union bank has phone customer service?) Just to give the customer hard time or just to use the customers as their punching bags!. The Union bank customer service are not just bad and rude, they are the worst.

Original review: April 22, 2022

This is more than likely the worst banking experience I have ever had. My account was placed on “freeze” because of potential fraudulent activity being done to my account. I call the department and I am immediately treated like some criminal. They did not act like they wanted to help me. They acted as if I was the criminal or commuting fraud on my own account. They froze the account and now I have to speak to some investigation department with ZERO access to my funds. When this is resolved I will be closing this bank indefinitely. Customer service!! Yea right, they treat people like garbage. I’ll be going back to Wells Fargo

Original review: April 13, 2022

My wife and I had credit cards, checking and saving accounts with Union Bank for years. After my wife passed away in 2018 the bank's services got worse. The branch and telephone service (800) didn't communicate and all with each other and they made a couple of large errors. So, I decided to cancel all accounts and credit cards. I confirmed with the branch and telephone representatives that nothing was owed either way and everything was closed. Months later I found out my wife still had an open account with 13 dollars in it and my credit card was still open and had a delinquent $39.00 charge on it, plus penalties. When I asked to talk to manager I was always disconnected. I tried to pay but the bank wanted twice as much in late fees. I finally just gave up. Let them ding my credit. Lesson learned. Please don't use this bank. They are terrible and blame you for their incompetence.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have banked with Union Bank for over 20 years. Not anymore! My checking account was compromised. They wired a great sum of money to a person across the country without checking with me first. I have never wired money before. When I realized this was happening I tried to get ahold of the fraud department and was put on hold for at least 45 min. When I finally reached a representative they were rude and could not of helped any less. Meanwhile the money was wired and immediately taken from my account. If you want a bank that only deals with fraud from 9-5 Union Bank is highly recommended. I was told they would deal with this matter promptly. I never heard from them again. I had to continually call and email.

No response was usually the response. When they said they would call back they didn’t. When they said they would contact me via email they didn’t. Today I was told it was my fault and that the bank wasn’t going to reimburse me with fraud protection. I am currently looking at my legal options as well as literally picketing Infront of my ex-local office on my days off. They took my entire savings and left me and my family with 300.00 dollars in my account. I was told to go close the account and get new debit cards for the 300 dollars I had left. That was six weeks ago. The debit cards never came. They left my family with nothing. They are flat out horrible! I cannot stress enough do not bank with them you will be sorry!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

A long-time user of both Union Bank and Mitsubishi, and as a resident of Japan, I wish to move my Union Bank funds into my Mitsubishi Japan account (MUFJ). The MUFJ logo would suggest that, at the very least, Union Bank and Mitsubishi are attached at the hip. Nonetheless, Union Bank and/or MUFJ is not allowing me to move Union Bank funds (at any yen rate) into my Japan-based Mitsubishi account. I have spoken with several individuals on the UB side, and I have heard everything from "use a credit card to transfer funds", to "If you have any questions, please call us at...." I've called and called. It isn't my responsibility to see that those funds are transferred to my selected account. Nonetheless, I have been advised to fill out and submit this form or that, and have done so, but nothing has changed. I can't transfer the UB funds into my Mitsubish account.

Union Bank Company Information