Union Bank of California

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My experience with the Union Bank is very, very, very dissatisfied because first of all they are scam and second is they are identity theft because they had closed my account without letting me know and putting this in my credit so that way I do not open another bank account with any other bank. That is so stupid. So I am telling you to take this off from my name because I do not want to be responsible for nothing. I did not do and it was the banker fault and the Union Bank so I have zero tolerance with them as well because this is the real reason I had opened a personal checking account like 2 weeks ago and I had made sure that it was ordered to be a joint account but the banker was very terrible, stupid and piece of **. Excuse my language.

So she wanted to be ** stupid and did not understand what I said so she did not put my husband as a joint account. So instead she wanted to blame it on the customer and messing up my credit to the point where they will leave that on your credit and stay on your name as a blacklist. You can't make it no one and one time they will not only closed your account and just leave it alone so it stays on your name and the customer service representative has poor quality and almost like they do not know what they are talking about and they will have me being hold for more than a 1 hours almost 2 hours and also they will not call you right away. After 4 hours then they will barely reach you and say some dumb reason... so I advise and from my experience banking with Union Bank is the worse.

Not only one they will get you for identity theft and two the Union Bank will also closed your account and blame it on the customer like what happened with my situation and act like it is our fault and blame it on the customer for the mistake that the banker has made and excuses. I am so mad because my husband had deposit some of his deposit into my bank account and I had specifically they would blame it on the customer and make it seem like we are the one with the issue when it is the banker. It is their fault because like I told you I did not even get my debit card so it is so ridiculous why the Union Bank is blaming it on the customer so I advise anyone who wants to bank with Union Bank I would not advise to bank with them. They are identity theft and scam.

I have had Union Bank since about 2010, and as a basic account it was fine, even though they kept closing branches and now I have to go 61 miles just to do my business with a PERSON. Why don't I do it online you ask? Because my clients pay me for my landscaping by paper check. They're old fashioned, and I think they have the right to be that way. And even if I could bridge that gap, the online banking system is HORRIBLE and I have been burned enough times to finally call it quits.

When I went through Union Bank for my mortgage is when things got really messy. At first, there was a constant problem with the balance - they would show the money as deducted, with a current balance. Clear, right? NOPE. Customer service tried to explain that they actually just set aside the funds, which are not REALLY deducted until the other end cashes it out... so the 'current balance' would always reflect more than (I would soon find out) I had. I talked to customer service which just talked in circles with no real answers, and then I went to the physical bank itself. The staff there were nice, and tried to be helpful, but they don't seem to have the knowledge (or authorization) for the online component.

After about an hour, I decided to open a separate account just for the mortgage, and have an automatic transfer into it monthly so as to not encounter the close call again. I explained how they would somehow conveniently hold these funds (at times for over a week with a STILL inaccurate 'current balance') until they would all go through at the same time and bankrupt the account. I was met with a "Oh weird, sorry."

THAT seemed to work for almost a year. I do outdoor work, so I'm cash-full in the spring, summer, and fall, but the winter is when I'm living off my money from the year. I also have a small Etsy business to supplement my income. I keep an eye on my balances, and even have alerts/texts set up for Union Bank. Yesterday, I got a notification that my checking account was low. I signed on to see that the transfer from my checking to my mortgage account had gone through as scheduled. No problem. Seeing as I had more than enough in the mortgage account, I transferred some of it back to checking. It showed online, and it showed proper balances for all my accounts (checking, savings, and mortgage). Whew.

The next morning I'm having my coffee, and I get another notification saying that my checking is at 0.00. I am immediately back on the phone with customer service, which gives me the run-around. Again. There is at least 300$ floating in between accounts, and I can't get a straight answer. I have screenshots. This is crazy making. And let me repeat: I'VE RESORTED TO TAKING SCREENSHOTS EVERY TIME I USE UNION BANK'S ONLINE BANKING.

I'm fairly good with money and computers, but I am human... and I was willing to chalk it up to user error and miscalculation... but NOT this many times. NOT with proof. This money isn't going to break me, but I can't deal with Union Bank any longer. I know I have the option of taking it upon myself to use a separate PAPER ledger (oh yeah, my bank doesn't even give me checks and a ledger book- all debit card) that I could keep up on myself, and I intend to start doing that, BUT, I feel that online banking should be accurate, cut and dry, and easy to navigate. Union Bank's online banking is just a murky maze of smoke and mirrors in my opinion. I'm very unhappy and switching to a new bank.

I opened a personal checking account with Union Bank last 2016 or late 2015. I actually forgot the exact date and a few months after I opened another business checking because I am starting up a new retail online business and I opened it in a branch not online. Early 2017 this February I went to Los Cabos and I am aware that my business checking account was overdrawn by $300 something and they have been charging me fees of 33$. God knows how long or was it every day or every other day and I'm planning to put it back in positive account when I get back to California.

But when I accessed my account Feb. 14 in Los Cabos Union Bank closed my business checking and they took my money from my personal checking of $300 something also to cover the overdrawn funds in my business account even though I didn't signed up an overdraft protection to get money from my other accounts and I even called their customer service which is by the way the most UNRELIABLE AND INCOMPETENT service you can ever get. I was transferred to a supervisor and 3 of them went dropped calls on me and neither one of them had the courtesy to call me back. Unbelievable! So that was the part of my business checking account.

And then worst issue came when I got back in California only to find out that they also closed my personal checking and when I called customer service again and I was put on hold for a good 30 mins or so because the agent said they couldn't find any reason why it was closed so they said they will just give me a call back once they get an answer to why they close it. I called Feb. 16 around 10am and got a call back around 2pm of the same day and when I asked the agent what was the reason she said that because they found out that I opened another account in the same year which is I'm not supposed to!!! Really? I don't get it! I've been using that business checking account for almost a year and now you're on purchase I made in Mexico and because of what they did they are going to ruin everything.

Union Bank couldn't even give me a valid reason why they close my account and why they took money without my permission. I think that's why they close my account because they don't wanna be blame for anything anymore. My complaint will not end here and I'll make sure that this issue will be addressed the proper way. Telling me that I'm not suppose to open another account? And that your policy indicates that you can only open a year after you opened your first account? Are you guys trying to make excuses of the mess that you made? So you guys decided to just close it so I couldn't complain about it anymore? And I have a pending debit for a vacation.

Union Bank is the worst bank to bank with. Their customer service hotline is horrible. The worker are unprofessional. This company is unprofessional. They make mistakes and blame it on the customer. The overdraft fee is ridiculous!!! Don't bank with this bank. They're a scam and they don't care about their customers. I been banking with this company for almost 4 years and they still show no loyalty. If I could rate this bank with a 0 I would give them a -100000000. They're horrible stay away from this bank! And the customer service workers don't speak English so don't waste your time calling and if they do speak it they're very rude.

I have had an account with Union Bank now for over a year, I have had problem after problem with them. This will now be the 4th time that my card or account has been locked out or referred to their fraud department. Like others on this review panel I am not alone with this treatment it seems. I don't understand why a bank feels it's "OK" to lock up someone's card or account because they use a merchant for the first time. (I can't choose where to shop now?)

This is by far the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life. They claim this constant inconvenience is for my security but really it is only an excuse to create inconvenience and invade people's privacy. During my last round with them they were going to question me for "identity purposes" about personal information not related to my account. I'm sure that is against the law. Serious... This was even after I entered my pin number in their system for identity verification. This bank treats their customers like they are criminals, continue this sort of treatment and this bank won't be too big to fail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Union Bank of California?

Ever tried to close a demand deposit account with Union Bank? Here is what happens: "We don't have the money. You must pay a fee to close the account. You must pay another fee because your balance fell below $300. It will affect your credit report." Atrocious or extortion?

I've opened an accounts with Union Bank few months ago expecting good products and services. What the surprised that l regret about being dealing with them, they're sucks! Never phone customer service 24 hours just normal business hours (if you have any issue with your debit card at night just forget it). They block your cards supposedly for secure proposes and wait till next business days to get unlock. Have to wait long time waiting for customer service in the phone. You get overdraft fee even if you requested not to process any transaction without money in the account (debit card)... They told me that checks and online transactions will apply overdraft fee whether or not there's money is your account.

Small bank that need more convenience locations, improve products & services (such as send money to other countries). They have only wire transaction which is very expensive. I was planning to make business with this company but after overall l will step out... No wonder many big companies are suspending and closing their accounts with this bank like interstate hotels & resorts (and this is only few matters without counting another issues).

What a headache. It is obvious Union Bank is not ready to take their visa card business in-house. I have activated my cards and I have been declined twice. I have tried calling the customer service number on the back of the card, and sit on hold for over 45 minutes now two times and can not get help. All they want you to do is use the internet to access your account. I don't bank online and I don't have secure internet and WILL NOT bring up my private information on the internet. UNION BANK, I hope you read this and you have personally disrupted my life in taking care of what business I need to tend to using the VISA card and well as the embarrassment of making purchases and being declined. You need to get your act together and get customer service representatives on the phone "LIVE" and help out those you have inconvenienced. Definitely looking for another credit card to do my business. We can't seem to depend on YOU!

Well, they have managed to take a 21st Century Bank into the dark ages with its inability to come prepared for their transition from First Bank for their VISA accounts. Online access is broken and there is no help that can be reached via live agent phone-wise. Well, I was unwilling to wait over the 30 minutes each of the 4 times I called to obtain assistance. When I called our local branch - very apologetic - well, they should be - shame on them for launching before ready. I am encouraging our company to go to BofA - a Real Bank with technological prowess in place who has a track record for staying on the leading edge. Shucks, I can just take a picture of a check and deposit it and immediately see the transaction online...

I got a call from Union Bank. They suspected a fraud withdrawal, I agreed, I did not withdraw 1400.00 in another city. They canceled that card, sent me a new one, I thought all was clear with them. They had a breach and my password and account # was given out. New card, new password, all is done right? No my statement came including the debit of the 1414.00. So, I called and had to start a whole claim and had to submit proof of claim. It was their breach, they told me, now I have to prove it to them? Send a letter to a special place with long numbers and weeks to get my money back... They let my info out, why should I need to prove it to them when they told me? No, I never loaned out my card to anyone, it was a new account! Only used it a couple times, don't even have checks yet.

Went to Union Bank in Lynchburg, VA the other day to get prior statements for my annual recert to give to my landlord. Gave teller my license and debit card. She then asked for my social security number. She expected me to holler it out since she was standing at the drive thru window and a customer was there. I told her I would rather write it down. So I started writing my number and all of a sudden she said that I may have stolen my IDs and that's why she needed more information. What! Where did that come from. My license have my picture on it and she still said I may have stolen it!

Granted I had no problem writing my SS number down so she could have verify my identification. But after she said that I grabbed my license from her and told her to give me my debit card. The other teller apologized for her behavior and told me she will help me. This lady was middle-aged and **. I am ** and so was the other teller that eventually helped me. I'm sure she would not have said that if I was of her race. I think this teller needs sensitivity training going forward.

My mom couldn't get her social security money today! Also she couldn't find out how much was in her account! This is very difficult for us and it is going on all day! I couldn't access my account either! We have bills to pay! The bank should pay us for this inconvenience!

I went to Union Bank San Jose Branch located on Almaden Blvd today and the branch manager is very rude and not even willing to help me on the issue I had, no mention the issue is caused by another unprofessional service for check ordering from the same branch. She refused to look into my issue and kept saying it is not their branch fault. She didn't allow me to talk to her manager and just asked me to call her manager myself. This is the most horrible service I ever received for banking and I am seriously thinking to close my business account with Union Bank and will never do business with them anymore.

I had one business account (ending **) and opened another business account with Union Bank (ending in **). I asked the bank to add the new account to my existing User ID. First the Upland, Ca branch told me it cannot be done. When I called customer service, they told me that an E-form has to be signed. I did that and a week later nothing happened. When I called customer service, they said "call the branch." When I called the Upland, CA branch, they told me to call customer service as we have no control over it. I was told that even the branch manager John cannot do anything to get the status of request or expedite it as he just as helpless as I was!!!

Also, the bank doesn't allow you to transfer funds between 2 business accounts within Union Bank via Internet banking with different tax ID's BUT owned by same people. However, you can transfer funds to any account outside of Union Banking - no questions asked. That is a silly policy. Anyway, if you want to save some headache and your precious time, stay away from this bank. I have 5 business accounts and 2 personal accounts with Wells and I never had any issues adding new accounts under same User ID. Same with B of A. The only reason I went to Union Bank because they were offering payroll service for $35 per month with unlimited payroll. They couldn't even come close to First Data for merchant processing let alone beat it.

When visiting the Laguna Beach branch to cash a check at Union Bank I was forced to sit in the lobby for hours while waiting for the account holder to call the branch and verify the transaction. Mind you, I'm a known and repeat customer at this branch, yet I get vibed every time I come in to cash a check. Very unwelcoming and I would NEVER use Union Bank for my primary banking unless I had to.

CONS OF UNION BANK: You can't wire money online. They ask you security questions repeatedly you can't possibly answer ("What is the street you moved to after you got married?" - only a complete idiot devised these questions). Horrific customer support. They penalize you constantly with fees.

I got sick few days, got surgery. Have no chance to make deposit to my account. My balance was up to date. No negative in account. Next few days I try deposit money down. How account close without notification? If you have account with this bank watch for your money very careful. They liars and they will do judgement who you are, how much you make. They nasty people who let have give them freedoms look over you how and how you much you worth. ** this Bank included US Bank. They theft and liars, stealing money from hardworking people, slow down your transaction so they can charge overdraw. We don't need them. They using your money every day making money off your money while you go work full time. ** cockroaches.

They give you a line of credit and you start using it and you expect to start the repayments when they notify you by letter or email or a phone call. But not only this didn't happened, quite opposite, they reported me to credit agencies as defaulted for $825! Don't they realize that nowadays we all live by our credit scores? Even my online account page it doesn't give an accurate indication that I actually owe the bank by showing a negative or a bracket around the figure like other banks but quite reverse, it shows it as a regular positive number just like if I'm looking at my checking account with some money in it! I telephoned them and as you can imagine they suggested me to go to one of their local branch which I did just to be brushed off and throw in some technical jargon that even I'm sure they wouldn't like had it happened to themselves! Very disappointing indeed. No wonder they have such horrible customer reviews.

I used Union Bank for a mortgage and their customer service is some of the worst I've ever encountered. They asked me to make a change to my online account (this is something they needed me to do), then proceeded to lock my account when I tried to make those changes. The crappy attitude and lack of knowledge or ability to help from customer service was remarkable - it's taken 4 phone calls and still no progress. This is a change THEY wanted me to do and they blocked me from doing it. Do not use these people if you can avoid it.

11/04/2015 I made a CASH deposit at an MUFG Union Bank ATM machine. I made the deposit to cover an earlier bank transfer. Prior to the transfer, I made a debit card purchase. I knew there was an outstanding check which had not come in yet. My ending available balance was positive BEFORE I made the cash deposit. I have the receipt as proof. Well the next day Union Bank had NSF'd all three transactions! THE CASH DEPOSIT WAS NOT ALLOWED!!! The bank rep from Brea, CA told me in writing, that the outstanding check had come in at 11 a.m. against insufficient funds. That's a straight up lie! I faxed her an excerpt from all transactions prior during and after.

They (MUFG Union Bank) are obviously indulging in some unscrupulous practices. Finding this forum is helpful. I have every intention on getting my money back! If anyone hasn't tried the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency HelpWithMyBank could be helpful. Good Luck! Happy Hunting for better place to park your cash!

It's the day after Christmas and I'm writing this as a last hope that another visitor to this site might be able to offer some help. On November 14, 2015 per instructions on the payment coupon for our home equity line of credit, I provided our new address on the back of the coupon and signed it as one of the mortgage holders. When the December statement did not arrive, I called Customer Service on December 18 and was told that those coupons and the accompanying checks go to an automated center where no human ever sees the address change request! I immediately sent an address change request to the post office box provided by the rep. The rep also told me that a duplicate bill would go out that night to the correct address. We've received nothing and the payment is due on January 1.

I was told at the post office that the original statement was probably returned to Union Bank rather than forwarded and that this is a common practice with bank statements. My husband and I have had a spotless payment record with the bank that goes back to 2002 and spans two home equity lines. Now the bank seems intent on making us default on our payment. Reading all the comments on this site from readers who have had their money taken by faulty Union Bank ATMs etc., I can only think that pushing us into having to pay penalties for a late payment may be what is happening here. And of course there is no concern for the ding our credit score will take.

Since Mitsubishi has taken over, the bank seems to display an attitude that the customer is the enemy. I've avoided trying to set up an online account because if I give the new address and they haven't processed the request for the update, that just gives the bank another weapon. We're providing an address not on record. If anyone has any thoughts on a way to make this payment on time, we would welcome hearing from you on this site. And if any reader is thinking of taking out a mortgage with Union Bank, I strongly advise you not to do it.

I tried to W/D money while on vacation. Machine was unable to complete my transaction. This transpired on a weekend and on Monday I reviewed my bank account and there had been a deduction for the amount I had tried to W/D. I contacted the bank and was instructed to document what had transpired and send it via fax for the bank's review. As expected they contend I did withdraw the money even after documenting what had transpired. Bottom line Union Bank stole $439.00 dollars from me. I have been with Union Bank for 50 years + and they still treated me very rudely and kept saying that I must be confused about what transpired.

I 200% agree with Dana's (of San Marcos) review - I've now talked to UB's online banking customer service agents about 4-5 times and have visited their Burlingame branch once for this matter - because I've been waiting since around mid Sep 2015 to get my PIN via snail mail! It hasn't come yet, and today (when I called yet again) was the first time the agent told me they have two addresses on file for me - and they have been sending the PIN to the old one!

They send me the mortgage statement on time and to the right address, to the freaking address that is listed as the one bought using their loan and is a primary residence for the borrower (me) - but they cannot send the PIN to this one - such stupidity is beyond comprehension! Hopefully I'll get the PIN this time since the agent said he's changed the address - but reading about Dana's experience makes me think it's a 50/50 chance still. I'm just waiting for the first 6 months to be over and I'm for sure re-financing and ditching this useless bank.

I attempted to make a cash deposit using ATM at the San Juan Capistrano Branch. The ATM proceeded to accept my cash, fail to issue a receipt and retained my ATM card. I called the branch the next morning, to be informed that yes, they see that the money was deposited, but I have to file a claim to have it credited to my account (now at 8 days and counting, and this is "expedited", they have up to 10 working days per their representative) AND my card was destroyed per policy (also still pending receipt of new card). Ridiculous. Will not continue to bank here.

Union Bank has been holding pending transactions even though online statements show them taking away from available balance. And then when I use my overdraft to do an ATM withdrawal, they put that withdrawal first so the account shows overdrawn. Then, the pending transactions are added so instead of 1 NSF fee, I get charged up to 4 or 5. Also, Union Bank withheld an ATM withdrawal that was done for 2 days then put it thru the same day. I used overdraft for another ATM withdrawal causing an extra NSF fee. I have been printing out my statements and took them in to prove to Union Bank. I get told that there must be a glitch in their computer but they have done nothing to fix the problem. This has been going on since Union Bank took over Santa Barbara/First National.

I was able to finally resolve this issue after posting this very same review on Union Bank's facebook page. They called me on my cell phone and the person I spoke with was very helpful. She told me to contact Customer Service Advocate Team if an issue cannot be resolved by the customer service.

I still had to wait for them to send me the snail mail with my login information and the snail mail also contained ALL the information you needed to create the login. To think that this information was sent to some stranger.

Dana of San Marcos, CA on

Original Review

On October 1, 2015, Union Bank had made a switch from their mortgage portal to their online banking. I've received their emails reminding me to make this transition by following the steps listed on the email. I did this on August 8, 2015, and the website stated that I would get a PIN via snail mail. Honestly, who sends out a PIN via snail mail with availability of modern technology like email or text message? Anyway so began my journey of waiting game. September 9, 2015, I still haven't received this so-called PIN number from Union Bank. I went through the steps listed on the email again using their online banking website. The page stated that I would get a PIN via snail mail. So I waited again, again and again - no PIN number.

Now it is September 29, 2015, 2 days before the mortgage portal is gone forever. I finally contacted the customer service online banking department. They claim that the PIN was sent and that only thing they can do is to have them send it to me again. Then they notice that the PIN was being sent to the condo we were renting previously. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this bank? They've been sending me my monthly statements to our new home address (the very property that the loan was used to make purchase) but can't send the PIN to the right address? I mean, MY PIN to open up my online banking account are now in the hands of people that I don't even know that lives there. Doesn't that break some sort of privacy law?

Anyhow, considering the past history of PIN number never making its way to my mailbox, I asked them to send it to me via registered mail or some form of method that can be tracked. They said that the PIN is auto generated and this cannot be done. I even offered to go into the Union Bank branch to resolve this, but they said that this cannot be resolved by the branch. So I waited. Again. At least the supervisor I spoke with claimed she had updated my address.

October 19, 2015, yup, you guessed it right. NO PIN NUMBER. I haven't been able to access my mortgage account close to 2 months now. Fortunately, I had set the recurring mortgage payment while I still had access to the mortgage portal so I haven't been late on my payment. However, I haven't been able to make additional payments to lower down the interest. So I call the 1800-238-4486 again.

Long story short, the lady I spoke with on the phone basically repeats how the previous conversation went. The PIN number is going to our old address. I tell her that the supervisor I spoke with previously had updated my address. She says she'll have to investigate since there may be a glitch in the system... She mentions that she would call me back the next day to give me an update. Next day comes, she had called 10minutes after the promised time so I missed it. Instead of giving me the update on voice mail, she leaves a message asking to call back and that next agent will provide me with an update. Damn it. I'm tired of dealing with you, Union Bank customer service.

November 2nd, 2015, my husband takes over the baton and gives them a call. Looking at the notes he scribbled on our monthly mortgage statement, he spoke to an agent named Valerie. Apparently she mentioned that the address cannot be changed in the Online Banking department and that we had to contact the mortgage office. November 3rd, 2015. I contact the loan officer at Union Bank who handled my loan to get this finally resolved. She contacts the loan office and confirm that all my addresses are the new property address. We are back to square one. She was informed that we had to call the online banking customer service (Nooo!!!!).

So she calls the online banking customer service using her office phone while I was talking to her via mobile phone. She puts both of us on speaker so I can talk to the online banking rep. The rep we spoke with was Hoang. I had to go through the whole process that I went through during the initial call to the online banking customer service. Hoang put us on hold for extensive period of time during the call. Finally, he claims that the address has been changed. (ARE YOU SURE??) I ask for the confirmation number, but he says they don't have one. Instead, he says a snail mail (Oh gawd) will be sent to me informing the address change. I've asked him to also include the PIN and he said that will be included. Will this waiting game ever end? I hope so... Only time will tell. :P

I have been with UnionBank since I opened my first savings account in middle school. Now, I am going to college in a state that UnionBank does not serve. So naturally, I wanted to close out my UnionBank account and transfer my money to my new bank. Who knew how difficult this would be? First things first, I entered my external account information and then proceeded to finish the transfer process. I noticed two things immediately upon completion: (1) A red error text appeared at the top saying the "Customer Financial Institution ID is not verifiable"; (2) The external bank account did not appear in my accounts list.

But in any case, a few days later, my external account stated that it had received the two small verification deposits from my UnionBank account. Before I could begin the transfer, all I needed to do was verify those deposit amounts. But I couldn't do that because my external account would not appear in my UnionBank account list. So I called UnionBank. Turns out, their system is so terrible that it can't recognize that the account belongs to me because I only used one middle initial with the external account (while with UnionBank, I have two). But I thought, "No big deal."And I went down to the other bank and added my second middle initial.

The next day, I proceeded to try to make another transfer. Same problem. So I called UnionBank. All they had me do was try downloading their mobile app to do this on iPad. And surprise, surprise - that didn't do anything. They then told me they'd clear my external accounts information and that I should try again in a few days. UnionBank used to be a great bank for me, but their online banking is the biggest joke in the world.

I called to find out information about money transfers from one bank to another. I chose Union Bank because their parent company was the same as my foreign bank. I thought I might save money on transfer fees. I first called the customer derive number and the person was very kind, but simply didn't know about foreign transactions other than there is only a $1 incoming wire transfer fee. So I decided to call a local branch. The person also seemed nice, and said she would look into my specific questions and give me a call back. She never did. I waited three days, figuring it might take time dealing with a foreign bank.

I talked to a different person who was very nice and helpful. She had a similar experience as me working in a foreign country. She gave me some specific recommendations. I asked her at the end about the other person I'd talked to, who turned out to be her manager. She said she's ask her if she had any extra information and have her call back. Well I received a call about 10 minutes later from a new accounts worker, saying he had a note that I wanted to open a Checking account. I asked him about the other info, he said he just had a note that I wanted to open a checking account. I asked about the foreign transaction information and he said he wasn't aware I was looking for any information on that.

So basically the manager blew me off TWICE. I have no idea why my questions or situation were not worth her time. Worse is that I got upset at the guy who really was not at fault, and I apologized to him nicely and told him that I got all the info in needed and would not be opening an account with them. To the second person I talked to at this branch, thank you for your help and insight. I wish I had talked to you from the start. To the manager, I'm sorry that I disturbed you by asking you to do your job.

As I read some of these comments about how bad Union Bank online banking system is I started laughing. I completely agree with the complaints. Money is not withdrawn when the bill is paid, it could take 10+days or more. The only way to check is cross reference your bill history with your account to see what actually has been posted. This is the dumbest system I've seen. I have been a customer for 20 years and now I will be leaving. I called a couple of days ago to complain and the lady on the phone says she doesn't use union bank...LOL! I wonder why!!!

I called with a question about a commercial mortgage. First I had to negotiate a phone tree, then I left a message for the right person, they never called me back for a week. After a week I called back and was put on hold for 30 minutes before giving up, and hanging up. So I look on their Facebook page and there is a customer service number. I call it and it's the same darn phone tree hell! I leave a comment on their Facebook page, but of course someone deletes it and no response from them.

This company is exactly what's wrong with America today, no one will answer their phone for a customer with a question. The most insulting thing about it, is their cheery recorded "hold please" message talking about how much they care about their customers, and how important their customer's business is to them. Clearly they don't care about their customers or they would pick up their phone, return their calls, or somehow have a way for customers to contact them. I would never use Union Bank for anything again.

Union Bank Company Profile