1.25/5

Looking for a loan company?

Hannibal, MO

Looking for a loan company?

181 Tower Loan Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My loan was purchased from Harrison Finance. I've never been late, however this company could not get records straight. Had me owning late fees when I was never late. Finally after contacting the BBB they said it was resolved. NOT. They are still calling and sending letters. When I call them they state they are sorry for the call and my balance is zero. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AND NEVER LOOK BACK. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

This is one of the most crooked “businesses” I’ve had to encounter. Who are the people that work in these offices? Harassment to the fullest with these people. They even had some woman in scrubs come to my home asking for payment. I had no idea who she was and fortunately I knew not to trust her. Really??? Even after prior requests from my attorney and my employer to not call me they still repeatedly called. They take advantage of people like me that are in desperate situations. Do NOT borrow money from these types of places. You will owe at least triple of what you borrow. And then when you can’t afford to pay it back they will bully and harass you and anyone that they have connected to your name.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Tower Loan is awful. I would NEVER use them again. Ashley Furniture uses them and I should have researched first. They use your personal information (Experian Identity has been letting me know) and now others are bothering me endlessly. I’m getting solicitations for loans by call and through mail, and they keep making credit inquiries which lowers my credit score. Additionally, their website is awful. They don’t tell you initially how to sign on, and after many many phone calls (because they don’t answer the phone when you call), you finally figure out there is some bizarre additional number you need besides your account number in order to access the site.

Then, the site won’t give you your loan amount or payment history, AND they charge you an additional $5 every time you make a payment online. Oh, and they constantly call and leave you voicemails saying you must contact them about your account right away, but if you return the call they only ask if you want to take out another loan with them. This is an awful, poorly run company, and I will actively campaign against people using them. I ended up paying off my 2 year interest free loan in three months just so I would be free of them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have borrowed money from Tower Loan for YEARS now - and have paid off numerous loans for all kinds of furniture projects in different houses. They are always polite and friendly to me - I have never had a problem or issue with them! From time to time they call and see if I need anything and any time I call to pay my bill or have a question - they are prompt and professional. Their loans for furniture are low payments and interest free if paid off in the time according to your terms. They also financed me when my credit was in a rebuilding period years ago and all the reporting helped me build up my credit through the loans I paid off. I have absolutely no complaints or issues with Tower Loan!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I pretty much had the same experience as the other complaints. They lie, they’re rude, etc. But what really angers me with Tower Loan after paying off my 2nd loan 1 yr ago with them they use my personal info to try to apply for a loan I didn’t know anything about. I found out when I got notifications from Credit Karma. I tried to call the Corp offices in Flowood, MS & was given the runaround. These people need to be shut down ASAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I feel the need to state the truth about my experience at the Columbia Missouri Tower Loan location. After leaving a review of how I was called derogatory names and cursed by a loan officer at Tower Loan because I changed my mind about getting a loan. Due to high interest I decided to borrow money from family to fix my car instead due to the fact that I already had an existing furniture loan with them so I didn’t want to put myself in debt. 30 minutes after I took out the personal loan I went back to the office to cancel, the loan officer stated I owed 80 dollars for a processing fee. I read to him where it stated I have 30 days to change my mind without charges and I called another location to verify and they stated the same thing.

I was cursed at and told he was the owner. I didn’t feel comfortable making my furniture payments in person with this 6ft man and I’m a 5.0 woman, so I would call to make payments and he would put me on hold and never come back to the phone or hang up on me, there was a female as well and if she answered she would laugh and put me on hold as well without returning to the phone. Just very unprofessional.

I left a review on here and I got a phone call from the owner literally a few days after posting and he said I better change my review because after 2 days I got my 80 dollars back and he made it clear he knew my address. So I changed my review to let people know I got my money back however that doesn’t excuse the fact of how I was treated. This depresses me after nearly 4 years I still have nightmares of this man. I still have the videotape of him cursing me and am considering a lawsuit. Stay AWAY from Tower Loan VOLUMNIS MISSOURI LOCATION!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

The Tower Loan office in Daphne Alabama was formerly Harrison Loan before it was purchased by Tower Loan three months ago. I have had a loan with Harrison for nearly 3 years and always made my payment on the first of each month, never late. The first payment was due with Tower on April 2. I called in and was told that I had a late charge of $48. I told them that was impossible, and I was told that there was a glitch in the merger of the databases so they would have to send an email to HQ to get this fixed.

Two days later I called back and it was fixed and I made my payment. Then three days later I received a late payment notice from them which I ignored. Then a week later I received a final late notice, so I called them immediately and they told me to disregard it. The next month on May first I called to make a payment and it was the exact same problem all over again, late notices and all. But then on June 1 it got worse. I attempted to pay and was told I had a $10 late fee and was asked would I like to go ahead and pay and include the late fee. I asked would I get the $10 overcharge credited back to my account and was told No. I was shocked at that and said then just fix it like the past two months (I said a lot more than that actually).

I called back on the June 4 and it was still not fixed. I called back on June 5 and it was still not fixed. I called back on June 7 and was told that I can either pay the $10 or drive to the Foley Branch office (10 miles from my house) and they could accept a cash payment for the correct monthly payment. I got real ugly at this point and threatened them with notification to the Alabama Attorney General's Office, but she didn't really care, she just repeated my options, pay $10 or go to Foley. I told her Tower is punishing me for their problem and she said, "We are not punishing you, I am trying to help you". I told her that if I have to go to the bank and get cash and drive 10 miles each way to make a payment because Tower can't get their system resolved, then that is unfair and not an acceptable solution and I am reporting this.

She then proceeds to tell me if I would like to come in and get more money on a new loan that this problem would be fixed. I said, "Are you crazy?" and hung up. This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard of and according to Tower, there are several hundred of us with the same issue going on. They will not give me a name or number to talk to someone of higher authority. So as of now, I have not made my payment and I am approaching an actual late fee date, what a mess. I emailed a complaint to the Attorney General 30 minutes ago.

Original review: May 21, 2018

They called my wife’s number asking for me. She asked “who is this?” The answer “business office”. She asked, "What business office." They said “I can’t tell you, only your husband." I called back, could not understand a single word this girl said. Finally my wife called them back after three times asking her, she admitted that this was Tower Loan. Must be really ashamed working there. Collins, MS office. Call them it’s funny, if you can understand her, you’ll see she is ashamed to work there.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Yes I am a bit behind on my payments but Daniel in Springfield MO is the rudest person I've ever encountered. I am always in contact with them about my situation but they just don't care. They are confrontational and they like to threaten. Do not go to them for money. Do yourself a favor and run the other way. I owe them 318 and will be so glad when I am done.

Original review: April 8, 2018

**DO NOT DO THIS TO YOURSELF** Unfortunately they bought out my loan account. They hung up on me because I do not believe that they are legit. They are ready to argue here and obviously love confrontation and putting on a show/causing a spectacle. We spent too much time on the phone for the last thing he said to be the most helpful. How can you ask people for money before you’ve got your own stuff together? DISRESPECTFUL, UNPROFESSIONAL, UNTRAINED, DISCOURTEOUS. Where is this buyout letter? Where is my receipt for my last payment? Where is my next bill? Why am I supposed to be mailing my payment to a P.O. Box? **I would give 0 stars if I could.**

Tower Loan Company Information