Hannibal, MO

Overall Rating3.8 out of 5

About Tower Loan

Tower Loan Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 223 reviews and 288 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?
    Staff

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2022

This is the worst possible place to do business with. These people, especially the management, have zero care, respect, professionalism, morals, and humanity. DO NOT use this business. By all means go somewhere else. Save yourself the headache.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2022

I received a check in the mail and cashed it from Tower Loan. Since then I have had serious financial issues. I am a mom of 4 children and my youngest daughter was born with a rare blood disorder which requires multiple hospital stays, painful episodes, and many days of missed work for me. I can barely pay my rent. Mr. Ben ** from Zachary La tower loan (225-654-1539) initially came by my home a month ago. He told me he couldn't reach me via phone, so I provided him with the correct number.

I told him a little of my circumstances and I would try to pay something when I got my next check. I ended up missing more work due to my daughter’s hospitalization, and I also received NO calls from Ben on my new number. About 5 days ago I was in the hospital with my daughter and my children called me in tears. They said someone was beating on our front door and rang the doorbell over 10 times, and whoever it was stayed about 7-10 minutes repeatedly beating the door. I told them stay in the house and I would be there as soon as I could.

When I came home there was an envelope asking me to call Ben. I called Ben via my house phone today and the 2nd call I spoke with him. I told him I received his letter, but has he tried calling me on my home phone? He just said 'what is that number?" I told him it was the number I gave him when he stopped by. I asked if he was beating on my door last week and he stated yes. I told him that he terrified my children and to please not come back to my home. He immediately told me he is now going to sue me, and garnish my wages. He cut me off when I attempted to speak again and told me he didn't care at all about anything I have to say. He just continued to say 'when are you going to pay your 446.00?"

I advised him not to cut me off and to treat me with human decency and respect. He said no. He told me he will not speak to me with respect and I don’t deserve decency. I was calling him to discuss payment arrangements since I saw his letter. I wanted to try to pay the full balance but I didn't have it at the moment. But I wanted to let him know that I am trying to take a loan from my 401k to pay it but he wouldn't allow me to speak. He continued to tell me he didn't care about me, what I had to say, that this is a business and the people don't matter.

After trying to speak with him and let him know I refuse to be disrespected and spoken to this way, he still would not stop. I told him not to call me again and disconnected the call. He called back again which is against the FDCPA law. Once a consumer asks you to stop calling them you may not call back unless you are stating there will be no further contact, or to tell what actions you will legally be taking. However, when I answered the phone he said 'so you're a thief?" I calmly stated AGAIN, "If you would have listened I would have explained what is going on. Why would a thief call to make payment arrangements Ben?"

The intelligence is sub-par. The unprofessionalism is out of this world. The lack of human decency is disgusting. I asked to speak to someone else to solve the issue and he refused. I told him again that I am a person and I deserve to be spoken to with respect and if he had not of cut me off he would heard me tell him I have been in the hospital with my baby not knowing if she would live or die. He told me all I had were excuses. My child being in the hospital is ‘excuses’. Some humans justify their disgusting behavior to help them sleep at night. Anyone who can treat others this way is devoid of their humanity, and most likely hurting inside. I would advise Ben to get therapy & stay far away from customers. I would advise anyone else thinking of cashing a check with Tower loan to tear it up and throw it away. This is not how you conduct business, or get what you want from others. Kindness would have gone a long way, and best of all it's free.

Reviewed June 22, 2022

These people changed my account number and service branch by themself. Since my first payment I went to the original branch at Schertz, TX, and set the autopay feature. They changed the account number without notify me and disabled the autopay feature without any notification. I received a mailed letter saying that I was behind my payment and adding $19.20 fee for late payment. I called the San Antonio branch and they just don't care about the changes that they made and the added charges, plus they make you to open an account on a online pay service that charges you an additional $2.95 per month. I ended paying $22.15 more per month because they arbitrarily, without my consent and without any notification changed my account branch and number. Scamming for extra money and forcing me to use their "online pay service" with another extra charge.

Staff

Reviewed June 22, 2022

I have two accounts and only sign for one. You saying I owe one thing to CFPB but reporting something different. I’m getting a lawyer for this company. I know there are lawyers also doing wrong things. Don’t use them at all.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 4, 2022

I had a small loan with Tower Loan and after many months of perfect payments they continued to call several times per month to say you have been approved for additional money. After several phone calls I called to inquire about a loan to repair my car for $600 with no change in payments. Once I got there and was reviewing the terms the payment amount had changed so I refused to sign and the representative got the manager to approve it at the same payment amount I was suppose to pay and added insurance that they said would not make a difference. I was told I was going to get $500 and then after I said I thought I was getting $600 so she said after talking again to the manager that I would get something like $597 with a new due date only. I was under the impression that I would keep my payments in the same pay range but that was not the case when I tried to pay them after calling to get new account number.

After speaking to the manager who tried to speak over me he kept telling me if I bring their check back uncashed then he could change the terms. I told him that was a month ago and you know it's been cashed but I can give you your money back and he said he needed the check. I told him he just lost a customer and he said he had 3500 more and I said minus one and the many others I hope decide not to do business with Tower Loan. Shady practices at a high cost.

Customer Service

Reviewed April 26, 2022

I received a call claiming that I had a check cashed in my name. I told them that there is no way I was in the city it was cashed because I am in school in a town hours away and can't spend time going back and forth for whatever amount they are telling me I cashed and owe due to me being busy and not needing a loan. Now that I told them it wasn't me and to mail me whatever they need to they are now threatening to sue cuz of the fraud they're trying to do in my name and claim that they can't send me anything to sign cuz its a legal document and they need my id which seems extremely sketchy.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2021

Like many Americans, I ran into some struggles financially. One day, I received this check in the mail. It was from Tower Loan. I had just gotten a new job, but I didn't have any money saved up and I had expenses coming due soon. So I cashed the check with the expectation that I would be able to repay the loan. For context, I am dealing with the Rockford, IL branch specifically. Well, that didn't happen. I made the first payment, but then lost my job in some unfortunate circumstances. I became ill and cannot work anymore due to the nature and severity of my illness. I am also currently not eligible to draw disability benefits, as I have not gone through that process yet.

Now that we're all set up, let me tell you about my experience so far. The first call or two wasn't so bad. They called, asked why I hadn't made my payment yet, no big deal. I explained my situation to them, and they let me be. A few days later, I get a call from the manager. His name is Zach, and he talks with a rather distinct hint of a southern accent. That's not important, but what is important is how rude he was. I once again explained to him my situation, and he demanded to know when I would be able to pay. I told him I didn't know, but it wouldn't be in the immediate future. He became rather rude and said "That's not good enough. I need to know when to expect your next payment!" I told him I had no way of knowing that as I, unfortunately, cannot see into the future. Still, this wasn't too bad. The next part is worse.

A week passes. Suddenly, I get a call from my mom. She tells me that some loan company was asking her about me and told her to tell me to give them a call. Then I get a call from my dad, my grandpa, my aunt, and some relatives that I haven't seen in literally 15 years or longer. All of them wanted the exact same thing. They all passed on the same message. I can understand how they found my immediate family, but I have no idea how they got in contact with my distant relatives. So I called them back. I get a random person on the phone. I was absolutely livid. I told them if they ever called any of my family again, I would file suit.

The very next day, I get a call from Zach again. He half-heartedly apologizes for getting my family involved, but then he wants me to see things from his point of view. He literally says "Man, I just need you to understand that I'm doing my job. By not keeping my numbers up, you would be taking food out of my kids' mouths. Now I don't want that to happen, and I know you don't want that to happen. So just make an arrangement with me to pay, and I promise these phone calls stop." I don't know what he thought that would achieve, but it only served to make me see red. I went off on him, telling him that guilt tripping me doesn't make money suddenly appear in my pocket. I then hung up my phone and kept ignoring their calls for the rest of the day.

Time passes, more calls, more offers, and more pleading. I still can't get a job, I'm on constant treatment for my illness, and I'm currently fighting in the courts to get disability. Zach had the audacity to go to my grandparents' house in person to hand them a letter for me in my absence. I called him up and absolutely reamed him out over the phone. He has the stones to tell me that if I just make a payment, he will leave me alone. I tell him "What part of I don't have any money, do you not understand?" He tells me that I must have some money, as my other bills are still current. I tell him, yeah, because my essential stuff is being paid for by my family. He then gets the nerve to tell me "So this isn't important to you?" I tell him no. He hangs up.

More time passes. It is now late September/early October of this year. Zach tells me that he's going to have to send this up to the lawyers since I won't pay him. I tell him to go ahead, it won't make any difference. He asks why not. I tell him because, like always, I have no money. He then stupidly suggests that he will take it out of my family's bank account. I tell him he literally cannot do that, as my contract is between only me and them, not also in my family. He then says he will take my personal property to settle the loan. I tell him that I own absolutely nothing of value. He asks about a TV, a laptop, and other belongings. I tell him I own none of those things, which is true as I didn't buy any of them myself. He calls me a liar, but admits that he can't really prove that the items are mine.

This takes us to this afternoon. Zach has called me once again after more than 6 weeks of not hearing from him. He once again seems to have forgotten that I am sick, cannot work, and still have no money. He's still threatening to sue. I tell him he will just be wasting the resources in doing so, as you cannot collect orange juice from a turnip. So there it is: A tale of someone who made an error in judgment, and another man who engages in predatory business practices yet lacks any shred of decency and common sense. Do not take even a dollar from them. They will hound you until the end of time, regardless of the reason you cannot pay them.

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

This company has been practicing Predatory Lending!!! Have taken advantage of poor, elderly folks in Mississippi (probably everywhere) with scare tactics and taking appliances, lawnmowers, TVs, and refrigerators as collateral!!! Needs to be investigated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)!!!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2021

I am in the middle of filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. I have my 3rd meeting with my attorney this week. I was served at home this morning. I have given these people my attorney’s contact information at least 5 times. The manager (she) is rude, nasty, and uneducated about the laws. The staff is nice but do not know the laws. The manager told me that a bunch of people say that they are filing bankruptcy and don’t and that she would collect the money owed however possible. She also said that my bankruptcy was taking too long and that basically I was a liar. I reported her behavior and lack of knowledge to corporate headquarters. Honestly due to the violation of the laws my account should be paid in full.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

I took a loan 3 months ago back in May 2021. I was in need of help, the job I had wasn’t helping me get by so I took a loan out with these people. Til I found something else. Worst mistake I have ever made… only took a 1,000 dollars. 2 weeks after I took the loan lost my job. I communicated with them to explain to them what’s going on. July rolls around had a good job. Started making my payments middle of july, this is were it all goes downhill.

8-8-21 came I was making weekly payments of a $100. Kept records of the payments to them. They called said I never made a payment and now I owe 3,500 to them. I asked, "Where is the money I paid y'all and have been taking out towards my loan." Neve gave me an answer. So so I said, "Y'all do know I have my bank records of the money being taken out to pay the loan off."

Harassing me daily… got to the point they came to my work. Made a scene at my job asking for me, demanding my employer to give them money, all it did was piss my employer off and let me go. So back to looking for another job.. I found out where the money was going. One of their workers was pocketing my money and say they never got it, Already at this time I have a lawsuit against them. About this 8-23-21 they called at 4:00 harassing me again and threatening me saying they are going to send the law, have me arrested, thrown in jail. This place is in Kennett Missouri. They are disgusting pe.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Tower Loan does not help people, they hurt people. When you're in a bind, sometimes out of desperation you choose avenues that are wrong. I truly agree with everyone of the reviews I read. The company is heartless. The Bible says usury is wrong. These people are going to have to answer to God for their tactics against the poor and those who have no idea what the company will do even if you have a crisis, they laugh at you and say others are in the same boat. As a Veteran who served their country with honor, who has physical disabilities like a lot of good folks is now realizing the insanity of trying to pay off this company of a loan that has tripled because of their high interest. I now live on a government set income, they cannot touch me. My loan would have been paid off by now had the interest not been so high. Please never set foot in their office for any reason. You have been warned.

Reviewed April 24, 2021

This is the worst loan company ever. I've had a loan with them for a little over 2 years, was always on time with payments up until a couple months ago. They started calling me at work, so I told them do not call me at work. Later that same day, they called me at work again, so I talked to the District Manager. He was really no help, just like Alexa and everyone else at the office, he just kept overtalking me about getting a payment. Wasn't too concerned at all about them violating my rights and calling me at work. Can't wait to be done with them, they actually called my job again about a week later. Then called to solicit additional funds after I caught the account up. What a joke.

Reviewed March 6, 2021

Tower loan sent me an unsolicited loan in the form of a check, not a fake check but a real check! I had never heard of them before. They sent the check out in the midst of the Chinese virus and also a few weeks before Christmas. I cashed the check, that's on me, I was trying to survive what covid had done to our country... But again, I was stupid and cashed it. They ARE THE WORSE company I have ever had to deal with! They call people after I have asked them not to call (I have no idea how they got the numbers of relatives and friends). They treat you like a criminal and talk to you with so much disrespect it's appalling! They constantly spoof their phone number to make it look like it's coming from a different place, even a different state!

I have never been late on a single payment in any of my many credit cards and car loan, I caught covid and was out of work for more than a month, I told them this, do you think they cared? As soon as I was done telling them how I am just recovering from the disease and have been out of work, how I have a son with autism and have been paying for his many medicines insurance wont cover, they said (without missing a beat) "well you cashed this check, so you owe us this money, how much can you pay today." They asked if I could borrow money from a family member so I could pay them! Well, I take my credit seriously and I will pay them, but they definitely made it to last on my list. And to ANYONE THINKING OF USING THESE PREDATORS,...DON'T DO IT! Ride it out if at all possible because this company is the poster child for DISGRACEFUL, PREDATORY LENDING PRACTICES!!!!

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

I have done business with Tower Loan for a few years. Although they are a ripoff I still did business with them lately. The Tower Loan of Ridgeland has all new employees. They has started harassing me for payments that was only a few days past the due. I had two accounts. I paid one off. I asked when was the payment due on my new account. She told me. I told her I would be by Monday. She said she would notated it so that I would not get a call the next day. I received a call. After that I received a text after that from the manager Anthony **. Called wanted to know about the text I replied to. Really rude screaming at me until the acting manager Raven ** got the phone and said I don't think he meant anything by what he said. It's a long story. My sight is not very well. I'm 64 years old. I'm confused as to how they hired a manger like that. He was not professional at all.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2021

I finally received a settlement check after 4 1/2 years from the great flood of 2016. After carrying a very small second mortgage with what is now Tower Loan for 14 years, without a single late payment, and the balance at only $4k, the Hammond Louisiana office would only endorse the back of the settlement check if I would pay off this long and very high interest loan. Of course, they already received most all of the interest on the 15-year loan. The loan was originally taken out with Harrison Finance but sold out to Tower loan in recent years.

Harrison Finance would allow to me walk in the door at my convenience, with my flood insurance check, and sign the back without question and send me on my way. And these were very sizable checks, up to $20,000. This office and its manager are despicable. Imagine, holding hostage a check I desperately needed for 4.5 years and they hold it hostage. Imagine their surprise when I pulled strings and got it done. They were livid. Year, they still have me on their junk mail list.???

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

I have never dealt with a ruder more unprofessional company. I deal with the Anniston branch, and ALEX is the worst customer service/employee that I've ever seen. Extremely rude. Can't believe they are still in business.

Reviewed April 28, 2020

I went to Tower Loan company in July of 2018 and was about to apply for a loan but they responded to me that their system was down and that it will be back up soon and asked if I would like to wait. I decided to wait. My children was with me and it was taking longer than expected for their system to come back up. I spoke to the lady that was working with me that I wasn't going to apply for a loan and that I was leaving. Well in September I went on Credit Karma to check on my credit report and notice that my score had dropped. I looked to find out why and notice that tower loan company did a inquiry on my credit report without my permission.

I contacted the company immediately and spoke with the manager which was told to me they had to talk with someone in corporate and get back with me. I never received a call back so I kept contacting them. I figured out how to get in touch with someone at the corporate office and spoke with a gentleman there that stated he would take care of it. He responded it will take 30 days before the inquiry is removed.

In October 2018 I went on credit karma again and notice my score dropped again. Instead of them removing the inquiry they did another inquiry on my credit report. Now I have two inquiry on my report from them. I contacted Equifax and Transunion to report this and they both stated I need to contact tower loan company and they are the one that have to remove the inquiry/ I contacted tower loan company head corporation and spoke with a gentlemen and responded to him what Equifax/ Transunion stated, he then had someone from the Lee's Summit Mo branch office to contact me and have me to come in and sign a document that stated the inquiry were requested in error.

I mailed the document to Equifax/Transunion. They sent me a letter back stating they couldn't remove the inquiry. I contacted Equifax/Transunion and asked why the inquiry couldn't be removed. They stated they couldn't. Tower loan company has to remove it. They also responded that tower loan company knows the procedure and told me to tell them if they are having problems to contact them. Well once again I contacted the gentlemen from tower loan corporation and responded to him what was told to me. He became angry. Refused to remove the inquiries. Horrible customer service, dishonest, liars, they have no business etiquette whatsoever. This place needs to be closed down for good!

Reviewed April 13, 2020

I received a check through the mail in Nov. 2019. I was use to doing business with Harrison Finance that was purchased by tower loan. I cashed the check from Nov, 2019. So I kept getting calls from tower loan that they had an extra $1000 if I needed it. Due to the Covid 19 I finally said ok after the 7th call in 2 weeks. The girl said I would just need to come in to sign papers and pick up check. I told her I was busy but would try.

The next day she called again so I dropped everything and ran to sign papers. When I got there she sat down with me and started asking did I have a lawnmower, I said yes, she said, "What kind," I said a push mower, she listed that I had a zero turn, she ask about tools, I said I have a pair of pliers, screwdriver, hammer, just little little essential things a woman uses in a home. She listed tools at &100, socket set at $100, wrench set at $100. She ask about Tv, I told her I had a dinosaur tv because I don’t watch a lot of tv, she listed as flatscreen at $500, 2nd flat screen 65” at $500, she ask if I had a computer, I said I had a laptop my son gave me used about 8 years ago, she listed that at $300. She ask if I owned chainsaw, compressor, shed, I said no but she still put a price by all those things. Needless to say all this time I did not know she was putting value on things that were false.

She left to wait in a customers for about 20 minutes, I told her I was in a hurry and we could just cancel the loan. She came back and said, "No just let me print the loan for you to sign and _____ can't remember her name—-will give you your check." Needless to say she rushed through the signing of paperwork. Not once did she tell me she had put my prior loan with this one, nor she she said all the items she ask about was collateral until I ask her but still didn’t realize she listed stuff I don’t own.

After getting check a, the next day I pulled out loan papers, YEP she had combined loans (paid off previous). Had all kind of stuff listed as collateral but also charged me credit life ins for $215.88, property ins $404.12, Liberty Motor Club $120. I called and ask for supervisor, it says I have 30 days if I don’t want loan. Needless to say it’s been 10 days and I have not heard from a supervisor. Just a smartass manager. They are no working numbers for corporate office. Guess what, if they can’t work with me and redo my first check loan and take back their $1000 then they can eat this Loan. I own nothing and I draw Social Security so let them bring it. I have already spoke with an attorney. Please don’t do business with this company. They are misleading with loan disclosures and I feel infringement upon my rights. I was looking for an amicable resolution but they are not. So happy collecting Tower Loan.???

Reviewed April 4, 2020

I completed payment of 2 loans with Tower. The 2nd one refinanced an earlier original loan in 2013 and paid off in October of 2014. Paid in full. Closed current and reported as paid in full - there were late payments during the loan that were correctly reported. Suddenly on April 1 2020 they hit my credit report and tanked it 50 points. Then called attempting to collect on that debt with threats of legal action. I will obtain an attorney and I WILL proceed with legal action. I have worked very hard to restore my credit and this illegal, threatening action is absolutely despicable. I expect immediate reversal of their current actions against me and my credit report. Horrible company.

Reviewed March 20, 2020

This place is the worst place to get a loan from. They still want their payments and my husband has gotten laid off from his job, because of this COVID - 19 virus. I know we were behind in our payments, before this COVID -19, but with all the late fees they charge you can never get them paid off.

Reviewed March 16, 2020

Tower deserves a minus rating at the very least! I am in Springfield MO and I got a loan with them. I was paying my payments. I didn't find out until I started getting these late notices and I called them, that they had taken part of my payment as a late fee! I received no statement or no notice they were doing this. I called them and couldn't get any details. Finally I asked for an itemized statement. I received it and found out they had taken a late fee out of my last 4 payments! I called and a girl told me NO problem just pay a little extra each time and you will get that cleared up. So I did. They are still charging a late fee on their late fee charges!!

I called and they were very rude to me and told me I was late on my payments. I said not true and that I had been sending more than my payment and before the due date! I also told this guy what the other lady had told me and he basically call me a liar. I have been in contact with the BBB and filed a claim against Tower Loan. These people are crooks!! Don't do business with them!!

Reviewed March 4, 2020

My dad had a couple accounts with this company. A personal loan and furniture financed through them. After he passed away I notified them of his passing. They insisted on picking up furniture that was not paid off. Which is fine. I did not have a problem with this. They show up to look at the furniture with no way to load it. No truck, no scheduling, nothing! So we delivered it to their office for them. They had nowhere to put it. It literally sat in their storefront. I provided them with the death certificate which should have close the account considering he had no estate, no executor, and nothing to put into probate.

They continued to call asking about life insurance and if there was any money anywhere. After continuous calls every few weeks to "follow up" we explained to them that this was harassing. They hide behind their managers but yet a manager is never available, will not return calls, and will not give out a manager's phone number. These people are disgusting.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2020

If I was able to give Tower Loan of Houma a rating below 1, I would give them an even lower rating. I feel like I'm living in Purgatory dealing with these people. Originally got the $1200 loan through Harrison Finance in 2013. HF was very good good to me. They were understanding and worked with me if I needed it. 3 years ago, they stopped my payments while I was out on medical leave until I was back on my feet. While HF was amazing to work with, this loan was my biggest mistake next to marrying my first husband. TL took over HF while I was on med leave. I had no idea Tower Loan took over until they started calling wanting payment.

Back in October I contacted Curadebt to combine all the medical bills and Tower Loan. Found out AFTER I consolidated everything that TL doesn't deal with debt consolidation. They filed a judgement against me and have a court date next month. When I tried to explain to their manager why I did what I did, her response was... "and you see where that's got you."

Today, my sister paid a portion of what I was behind on to keep me from going to court. After she paid them, they called me asking for $150 of court fees (I haven't been to court yet) and offered to come to my job to collect payment. When I told them no because I worked at the jail they said 'it's not that far'. I told them no again and that I didn't want them there and stay the hell away from job. 7 years later and my loan is now at $3000. I feel like I'm falling down a hole where there's no end in sight. I know we all go through desperate times at one point in our lives, but please stay away from Tower Loan.

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2020

Tower Loan should get 0 stars!!! This place calls and calls even after I make my online payment saying we are behind but yet I pay twice in once month .. they are very unprofessional and I will never deal with this company again!! They are not only stalking us But our entire family!

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2020

I have never seen a company like this before. Yes I'm 3 payments behind but, that's because I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance then straight to emergency surgery on Oct.11. I was discharged from the hospital the week before Thanksgiving, and sent to Occupational & Physical therapy. I was discharged from both of them right before Christmas. They relentlessly harassed me calling several times a day even on Saturdays even when they knew I was in the hospital, they called my family, my friends it was horrible. Then someone else cashed a check that they sent me even though I told them I didn't want ANYTHING ELSE from them EVER.

Clearly you can tell it's not my signature but because of my health issues I haven't been able to go and sign and affidavit of forgery so they threaten me with wage garnishments, police arrests and court. And they have even given out personal information about my loan to a family member & friend, which is against the law. If you need a loan please go to another company. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!! I'D GO TO A LOAN SHARK BEFORE I'D EVER BORROW FROM THEM!!! Then to add insult to injury when I tried to make a payment today he refused to take it over the phone. Said I had to bring it in or mail a check.

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2019

Hello everyone, I took out 2 different loans with Tower Loan. They have been great to work with and have some awesome employees. They are professional and just great to deal with. They are careful about how much they loan you because they want to make sure you can pay back the loan. I live in Missouri so maybe the laws may be different for each state Tower Loan does business in. As far as I am concerned, they have been concerned about my financial matters in paying them back and have been very nice. They always worked with me and give me an extra ten to thirteen day leeway to send in my payment. They have never charged me extra for this service. If I miss a payment, then it must be because of a family emergency or death. There must be a reason and they will waive it for that month.

Remember Tower Loan will not always do this! You must prove you were not in state at that time or lost your job. I personally think it's a good business who cares about their clients unlike many others I have dealt with like Acima. Acima are the worse kind of scum. They are rip off artist! They promise $80 a month for 12 months then charge $250 a month for 12 months. I bought a queen size bed and the merchant gave me a full size bed. Suppose to pay $900 and it's off brand. Now I owe Acima $2,000/$250 a month for 12 months. Now who is the rip off artist? It's "NOT" Tower Loan!

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2019

This company is extremely unprofessional and I have often wondered if they are stalking me! They have sent employees to my house and dropped off letters with my underage children. Most reputable companies send it certified mail! They have ran my credit report without my permission more than once. They never send statements and they refuse to take a partial payment unless you go to the actual store with a check or money order. I am almost afraid to go in the store in fear of losing a limb for payment. Some are extremely rude and have told me to avoid paying other personal bills which would interfere with my employment in order to pay them. They have not only harassed me but my employment. They call from several different numbers and the main boss that I have spoke with had me in tears, extremely rude and immediately ran a credit report without my consent, as soon as I made a payment arraignment, after we hung up the phone.

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2019

This loan company is horrible. They are very unprofessional when it comes to discussing your account. The workers call and harass you and your family. They want you to miss your payments and not pay so they can file a judgment against. They have ran my credit every month and when I called the manager stated he couldn't see my credit being ran that many times and that they ran it to see where I was currently working. That Is not true because they are garnishing my check from my job and they are still running my credit every month and nobody seems to have a good reason on why. The supervisor are just as rude as the workers.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2019

My 85 year old sickly mother accepted a loan through Johnson's Furniture in Shreveport. 12 mos, no interest. Sounds good. Until you realize.... They don't send a statement. Ever! No way of telling when your payment is due, how much is owed or what your balance is. Their scheme is all about making you MISS payments so that you default on the no interest plan. I called and they specifically REFUSED to send a statement. At face value, this is fraud! And against an ailing senior citizen. Stunning that this business is allowed to conduct business. So long as Johnson Furniture is associated with this financier, my family will no longer do any business with them. And we will advise our network of friends to boycott them as well. It's repulsive!

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2019

I WENT TO BUY A USED GOLF CART AND THE GUY SAID, "WE HAVE 24 MO. SAME AS CASH, WHY USE YOUR MONEY. SOUNDS GOOD RIGHT." I signed the contract didn't notice that there was no # to contact them. They get good people with good credit and try to give them bad credit by making it difficult to pay them back so they can charge their fees. The contract did not have a account # on it, so I tried to call them and my payment on the contract is due soon but when I call them they said, "It has only been two weeks. You are not in the system yet". I hope by now you can see the big picture. Stay away from Tower Loan. If someone ask you to get free interest from Tower Loan, run!!!

Tower Loan Company Information