1.24/5

Looking for a loan company?

Hannibal, MO

Looking for a loan company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Tower Loan Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Worse company ever. They try to ruin your credit. Put 3 hard hits. I'm on disability social security. Got behind when my husband got sick. They didn't care. They not only harassing me but my family. They call them after speaking with me so now court day coming up I will be there to tell the judge how they didn't even try to work with me. Just wanted to humiliate me.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Office in Denham Springs, Louisiana is very unprofessional. She discussed my personal information with a household member that is not on the loan. Information such as the loan amount & when the loan was taken out. Please do not do any business with this company. If I am late on my payment discussing my loan information due to a hardship is not going to make me pay if I don't have the money. When you're late they act like it's the end of the world. Do your business with another company other than Tower Loan.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

In my opinion these snakes are the worst lenders in the business. I have several loans that have never been late even one day. After she was very rude to me she proceeded to tell me she was the head person in charge of Tower Loan. That being said I had an encounter with the manager in the Picayune store who told me she was Tower Loan and didn’t have a boss after I asked for their corporate phone number. I will sell my own plasma before I ever do business with these people ever again. Then when I found out who her boss was she was just as rude. I can now understand why Tower Loan is not a BBB member, I should have known better!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Had not reported to credit bureaus for months. I paid tower loan off months later. It’s still showing up on my credit report that I owe them. When I called them nobody would help me. Finally got a supervisor who said it was because they have a new computer system they hadn’t reported to the credit bureau my payments or that it was paid off for almost 6 months. This is unacceptable. I would never borrow money from them again and advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have been trying since Saturday to find out why a loan request was approved for a lesser amount than requested. At first the person I spoke Tonga’s attentive and responsive. After being told he’d follow up, I hadn’t heard anything. I contacted him today, and he has accepted an answer from his upper management or corporate office and has disregarded one of my concerns. My credit report shows 2 hard pulls for credit review on my file. He says he’s been told they only pull one; suggesting I am being untruthful. He told me I must dispute with credit reporter.

Secondly, nobody in the entire Tower Loan organization can tell me why my loan was approved for less than what was requested. He told me a computer analyzes a request for credit, looks at many factors such as income, length on job and length at residence, etc. and determines what is an approvable amount. No human will review an application approves for less. However a human does look at all DENIED applications to see if their people can see something different than the computer to get someone approved.

I asked why situations as mine aren’t reviewed, and was told they don’t have the manpower or time to look at all “approved” applications in which an individual isn’t satisfied (or in my case curious). He then said a credit counselor (not with Tower—they don’t have them) would be able to tell me why I did not get what was requested. I explained that there was no way a third party would know why Tower’s COMPUTER approved us for one amount instead of what was requested. He then backpedaled that they would be able to guide me as to the troubled areas of our credit.

I am an educated consumer that would never use Tower Loan and their outrageous interest rates. Because the store we purchased furniture from is reputable and it is an interest free loan, I relented. What a mistake. I honestly feel as if my business is meaningless to them and since no interest is collected, my situation doesn’t matter. I’m mortified that the store has been notified of a reduced approval and angry that nobody can discuss WHY. My advice is to steer clear from Tower Loan and especially the one in Columbia, MO. They apparently don't care about good customer service. As a bit of background I have a lot of experience with credit, credit scores and debt. I’m not an idiot who accepts that a “computer” can give an accurate credit review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tower Loan?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My loan was purchased from Harrison Finance. I've never been late, however this company could not get records straight. Had me owning late fees when I was never late. Finally after contacting the BBB they said it was resolved. NOT. They are still calling and sending letters. When I call them they state they are sorry for the call and my balance is zero. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AND NEVER LOOK BACK. THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

This is one of the most crooked “businesses” I’ve had to encounter. Who are the people that work in these offices? Harassment to the fullest with these people. They even had some woman in scrubs come to my home asking for payment. I had no idea who she was and fortunately I knew not to trust her. Really??? Even after prior requests from my attorney and my employer to not call me they still repeatedly called. They take advantage of people like me that are in desperate situations. Do NOT borrow money from these types of places. You will owe at least triple of what you borrow. And then when you can’t afford to pay it back they will bully and harass you and anyone that they have connected to your name.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Tower Loan is awful. I would NEVER use them again. Ashley Furniture uses them and I should have researched first. They use your personal information (Experian Identity has been letting me know) and now others are bothering me endlessly. I’m getting solicitations for loans by call and through mail, and they keep making credit inquiries which lowers my credit score. Additionally, their website is awful. They don’t tell you initially how to sign on, and after many many phone calls (because they don’t answer the phone when you call), you finally figure out there is some bizarre additional number you need besides your account number in order to access the site.

Then, the site won’t give you your loan amount or payment history, AND they charge you an additional $5 every time you make a payment online. Oh, and they constantly call and leave you voicemails saying you must contact them about your account right away, but if you return the call they only ask if you want to take out another loan with them. This is an awful, poorly run company, and I will actively campaign against people using them. I ended up paying off my 2 year interest free loan in three months just so I would be free of them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have borrowed money from Tower Loan for YEARS now - and have paid off numerous loans for all kinds of furniture projects in different houses. They are always polite and friendly to me - I have never had a problem or issue with them! From time to time they call and see if I need anything and any time I call to pay my bill or have a question - they are prompt and professional. Their loans for furniture are low payments and interest free if paid off in the time according to your terms. They also financed me when my credit was in a rebuilding period years ago and all the reporting helped me build up my credit through the loans I paid off. I have absolutely no complaints or issues with Tower Loan!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I pretty much had the same experience as the other complaints. They lie, they’re rude, etc. But what really angers me with Tower Loan after paying off my 2nd loan 1 yr ago with them they use my personal info to try to apply for a loan I didn’t know anything about. I found out when I got notifications from Credit Karma. I tried to call the Corp offices in Flowood, MS & was given the runaround. These people need to be shut down ASAP.

Tower Loan Company Information