1.48/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Royal Bank of Canada

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Royal Bank of Canada Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have been using this bank for over 35 years and only had a couple of issues that were taken care of swiftly and with the most upmost care and helpfulness. The thing I love about this bank is they work with you not against you. Prime example if you short a dollar most banks would charge a full fee where as Royal Bank would use a minus proving they would sooner have customers than grab money for a minor mistake like most banks. (Insufficient fee was not charged even though I had no overdraft with more than one dollar yet other banks charge even if it's one penny over which was done to me before.)

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Well, I would like to start off by saying Thank You Royal Bank. This is the 1st time in my life that I'm unable to pay our bills because my husband is in a nursing home and he was diagnosed with MS in 2017 and it has deteriorated him to the point where he can't see or walk, so now he's bedridden. For myself, I had a stroke in 2015 and I can no longer work. We both get Disability but mine isn't very much and his cheque goes to the nursing home, and his other cheque pays for our Mortgage on our house that I live in and I'm in the process of selling it. I'm having a hard time financially.

What I want to say is the Agent that phoned me today was very pleasant, compassionate and respectful. I told him I plan on paying my Visa off. He helped me by finding a program RBC offers people who are having a hard time financially. Thank You RBC. I've never been in this position before because I always had a job. I was afraid to phone them, so I stopped paying my Visa but now I know. Don't be afraid, phone them, they're help you find a solution. Thank You RBC.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I like the convenience of online banking. It makes life very easy. If you would like to pay your bills in the middle of the night you can. No problem. I do not like the automated machine. You can't talk to it I just a pain. Other than that it's ok.

Original review: June 23, 2019

We met Ratna in June 2012 as we move to Calgary. At that time both just got our jobs. Somehow we had a dream to buy our own house in Calgary. We were new to this town and looking for someone to help us in buying house. We already had an account in RBC. So we just gave a call to customer service and they referred Ratna's name to us. We met her in person and expressed our desire to buy new house. She was so nice and asked for just four pay stubs and processed for mortgage pre approval. She only says that wait for another three months to become a permanent status in our employment.

In September 1st, 2012 we were so surprised that one fine morning she calls us and saying, "Can I have employment letters now." We send her our employment letters and she confirmed us mortgage approval of $375000. We were so happy because we landed in Canada in 11th Jan, 2011 and we are ready to buy new house within exactly after 18 months we reached in Canada. YES WE BOUGHT OUR HOUSE BY NOVEMBER..

Today we own another newly built house in Saddlestone. And now we own two houses. She is instrumental in motivating us to own two houses in Calgary.. She guided us through professionally. She even helped us in providing us a good lawyer and also property management person for renting my first home. Thank you Ratna for your help as a family member... and encouraging us own another house. Thank you and wish you all the best and

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have found their staff to be extremely helpful. Having worked in many financial institutions I can honestly agree that customers are more likely to provide a bad review than take the time to write a good review when warranted. I dealt with Royal Bank in the past and found the staff offered products that suited my needs and made suggestions even when I didn't have to ask. (I am not wealthy with perfect credit.)

Needless to say I had two different banks during this time and decided to close my RBC accounts because I had been with Scotia Bank longer and felt the need to stay loyal to the Bank I dealt with the longest (fail). Scotia hasn't done a thing for me in 30 years but take my bank fees. I decided this week to re-open some bank accounts with Royal Bank again and I couldn't be more pleased with the service I received. Re-stating the fact that I am not wealthy with perfect credit or what the banks consider a good credit score. I was treated with the utmost respect and given an opportunity to work with the Bank to reach my goals. On a final note I have worked as a credit analyst in the past and my situation over the past 5 years would not be the typical cup of tea for any lender - RBC was able to offer solutions and I left feeling confident and happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Bank of Canada?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Been on hold now for over 30 minutes and still no one has picked up. Got a call about a charge on my card I didn't authorize, sounded fishy so I hung up and called the number on back of Visa card to make sure everything was ok with my card. Still waiting. I hope whoever is make illegal purchases with my card aren't still using it or they will have lots of time to rack up a serious bill!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

If you have to deal with their estate department, good luck. Policy varies from person to person. Cannot get a statement for the estate, been asking since August, won't even allow view only access to estate account even as executor.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Spend two days on the phone having to switch from 1 agent to another to book a ticket. RBC is not the place to deal with if you want real customers service. Everyone just reads from a script.. Total waste of my time. At the end with all my points it really did not make much of a difference if I would have bought directly from the airline and saved all the stress and effort that went into this booking. I will start shopping around for a better bank to deal with. My advice, stay away...

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I called telephone banking because there was a transaction on my RBC visa that looked like fraud. Waited for over an hour before anyone took my call. These wait times are unacceptable. There should be more customer service representatives.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Please DO NOT use this bank, they suck **. They tricked my family over and We are moving because of that. Please everyone IF YOU SEE THIS... DO NOT...USE RBC. My dad recently died and we were trying to get his life insurance because that money is obviously my dad's which gives it to us, but one of the people there Took a cheap shot and now it's cut and dry because he told my mum false information. Please do not use this place. It’s sickening and the only thing good about this bank is their mints and that's all.

Royal Bank of Canada Company Information