Royal Bank of Canada

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was 19, self-employed and personal checks would take longer to clear so I requested visa checks for payment at the completion of the job. So I deposited to my RBC account while my funds were in process of clearing. I got loans from friends in meantime so my funds cleared and my account Said I had 12,500 in my available funds and it wouldn't allow me to access so I went into the bank to teller and she pulled me aside and demanded that I give her history of my account and I was 19, careless, on a roll. I didn't keep such records so I left and came back and asked to close my account and she told me my money was seized for her own suspicion that it was shady. I worked hard for that money and she took it and told me I was beat even though my funds were clear.

I don't know how this is even legal. PLEASE ask questions about how the premiums are calculated and how your loan payments are applied. It appears that they charge interest on the premiums. Also, they cannot explain exactly how payments are applied to the balance - interest first? Insurance premium? Balance?

RBC banking, takes advantage of their clients. They take advantage of their clients by charging money. I tried closing an account because of a rude employee and they charged me $777 for no reason. When I called I had to wait 25 mins to get a hold of a representative. This was my 4th time calling in less than a week and I was given no explanation but was told to call back before their collection agency called me.

Ok so it's been over a year of RBC SPAM calling my cell phone under various phone numbers, like 10-20x a day, I block their numbers they find more numbers to call me from. THESE ** ARE ANNOYING. SO it all starts with one of their LAZY MORTGAGE REPS. I signed an agreement to purchase a house and passed on the contract to one of their mortgage reps in Halifax. The mortgage rep had 1 week to get the paperwork submitted to approve my mortgage application. I gave him the paperwork Saturday night, no reply from the RBC rep all day Monday, Tuesday, then Wednesday he calls me and says he's "almost complete my file". I told him he already had 5 days and time before that to work on my file, now I only have 3 days left to get the mortgage approved (this guy was a complete slack ** who never answered his phone or returned calls). I told him if he doesn't hurry up and do his job in a timely fashion, that I would lose the house.

Friday deadline for mortgage approval came, no word from the sucky RBC mortgage rep all day, despite more attempts to call. I made one simple call the Credit Union Mortgage Specialist in my area and she had me approved on the phone in under 10 minutes. Later in the day Friday RBC guy calls me and tells me he got it approved, but because it needs to be CMHC insured mortgage they needed to do an appraisal on the property which they would need to do on Monday. I told him he was an idiot and he wasted time all week and we couldn't do the appraisal on Monday because my condition dates were Friday. His reply was, "Oh **."

Obviously I went with Credit Union. I work in a job where I can refer mortgage reps, I have since caused at least 10 people to avoid mortgages with RBC bank. I will enjoy every mortgage I take away from RBC for the rest of my life. RBC IS THE BIGGEST THIEF/JOKE/SCAM BANK IN CANADA STAY AWAY. Even "the Simpsons" takes shots at this shady bank.

Well I don't even feel like a human being today. My mother passed away, I know I lost my best friend. She was a wonderful person who taught me right from wrong, to embrace my differences and above all to be honest. I'm aware these days that's rare, but I pride myself on my honesty. Well the issue of her medical bills and a add on funeral expense, not including food and other things, I've incurred. I go to the bank because still grieving I never took cash out of her account to cover everything.

Sadly I'm aware I will be out money. But having my car on empty, I never imagined the bank would be so cold as to deny me a small $113.00 dollar fee I had paid as a deposit for her funeral. There is more than enough money to pay for funeral expenses, sadly they give me a bank draft to the funeral home. The funeral home couldn't even believe how heartless they were. And after registering complaints, I get told to go talk to the manager who was rude to me in the first place. I actually talked, mentioned I was recording the conversation, then when I made sense, she said, "I don't give my permission to record this conversation." I believe I asked her why, because I'm a human being and you care more about the money than a human being.

Unbelievable in a time of grief they would treat anyone like that. She talked down to me, and refused to give me funeral expenses that I paid. I have the whole thing. After 3 minutes she asked me to stop recording. Does anyone know where I can post the conversation online. Because as a human being, I don't recommend anyone should be treated like that in a time of grieving. Anyone who deals with RBC should reconsider using that bank. I'm going to add no wonder the wellington branch is closing, what scares me is people will have to now deal with this branch, the place of the incident as their new branch. Unbelievable. In a time of needed support, they do this. My advice you bank there - consider other options than moving to that location. Unbelievable, unhuman, and I'm just shocked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Bank of Canada?

I've always been a great payer. I paid my bills on time and wanted to keep it that way. A few years back I got sick and lost my job. With only one paycheck coming in instead of two it made it difficult to continue being an outstanding payer. So we went to the Royal bank where we've been using for over 30 years. At that point our house was almost paid and the person who help us then told us that the best option was to remortgage the house and pay the car and play with what was left until I would be back on my feet health wise... so we did. Unfortunately, my health is not getting better and could not get a job. As the months became years payments were hard to do. We tried everything to get us out of it but it wasn't happening. We were paying the mortgage and the other bank payments but the credit cards were left out without some payments.

Not being home with medical problems (in and out of the hospital), I never had the chance to call the bank back. Eventually the creditors started to call us and we made a deal with the credit card section of the Royal Bank. But one day, out of the blue, they frozed our account and took out money without any explanation (using the overdraft ). So for the first time the only paycheck that we had to pay the house payment was taken so we missed a payment!!! Now a few days ago... because of that, they are sending us a letter telling us that we owe them over $100.000 within the next 12 days. Because we missed a payment due to the fact that the account overdraft was frozen and even if the money was there at the time.

THEY TOOK from our account money that was to pay our mortgage TO PAY THEMSELVES WITHOUT giving us any WARNING (or any letter to tell us). They say it is a final notice but they keep harassing us by continuing to call us!!! The money is put every two weeks to pay the mortgage and other fees for the house and other bank payments. But they are still after us because we protected ourselves against creditors from the credit card department. Now since then, they are going after the house!!! Royal Bank of Canada is a vulture and they do not care about their client. After over 30 years as a client, paying and helping them grow they are putting me in my grave!!!

It's so messed up, the bank gives your details to a third party who will keep taking money from your account claiming it's for balance protection though to the best of my knowledge I did not approve it. Phoned the bank, they transferred me to a third person and talking to him was like talking to frozen 500lb rock. Very disappointing. Very frustrating.

I recently went on a trip to Ecuador. My medicine was stolen. No problem, I have medical coverage from RBC that I paid for. Do not buy medical insurance from RBC as the only thing they would cover is a visit to the doctor. WHAT A JOKE THE RBC MEDICAL COVERAGE IS.

I went to the branch to do a wire transfer but they said I can do it through online bank, I did the transfer but the money was never received by the recipient so I kept going to the bank but they said since I did online I have to call online banking. It been three months the recipient hasn't received the money, eventually I ask the bank to get my money back. They said they can't do that. I said can I do they I have to call the recipient bank myself or lose the money. I went to the branch I talked the recipient they put their bank in the fine and their bank confirm there is no wire that came in. This was done in front of financial advisers.

If I can give RBC 0 stars I would do it. After being with RBC for more than 20 years, I’m fed up with this bank closing down all my accounts with them. Decided to switch my mortgage to RBC from another brokerage since all my business and personal accounts are with them thinking it would be easy to have all my accounts with one bank. They told me they can help me out a month before my renewal date and all they did was ask for documents after documents for almost 4 weeks, after submitting every single documents they required they decided to reject me. Now my renewal date is in a few days and I have to either negotiate with my old brokerage or switch it over to another. They pretty much wasted a lot of my time making me run back and forth for no reason. I decided that this is the last time I'm going to be dealing with RBC closing down all my accounts with them VISA, LOC, GIC, TFSA all my personal and business accounts and moving it to TD.

This is one of the worst banks I have dealt with in 20 years and this is how they treat us, slow customer service when you walk in only 2 tellers working at the branch at all times and moving over to TD would be convenient for a business owner like me since they are open 7 days a week. Good Luck RBC you have lost one long-term customer and you will lose a lot more. Next time you guys decide to give someone a news like this try to do it early instead of wasting the person's time and making them run around!! And try to get some staff that are educated and knows how to deal with your products. I feel like everyone that works there has no knowledge on what they are doing.

This is an institution that does not care about its customers. They are ruthless, uncaring and arrogant. DO NOT BANK HERE! I visited my home branch recently and requested a wire transfer of 4K to a Beneficiary in the United States. After I left the back the teller called and informed me that she sent the wire twice, in error. She sent $8,000.00 dollars when I had only authorized the transfer of $4,000.00. No problem, I thought. They will simply correct it. WRONG!!! The Beneficiary already received the money and has not responded to correspondence from his bank.

RBC tells me that I need to wait until he responds to them. They also tell me they are unsure about how long the entire process will take for me to be refunded. "It could be weeks or months" according to the branch manager. When I try to commit them to a more precise time frame, they stonewall me, promise to return my calls and never call back and they seem angrier than I am! They do not care that their error caused this! I am truly shocked and astonished at their response! I WILL NEVER bank with these callous idiots again! I am closing my account promptly upon receiving my refund. A total and utter disgrace! Terrible!

Royal Bank of Canada repos my truck and lost 22000 thousand dollars at the same time and ruined my good credit. When they came Nov 29th or 30th I told them someone made a mistake. God makes a pencil we all make mistakes. l bought a 2006 Ford truck in March of 2008 from Belanger Ford. I bought disability insurance on the loan. It was 1411 dollars. I got sick Dec 2nd 2010 with major depression disorder. I will never work again. I was 43yrs old, wife, 4 kids, 2 with autism. I had to go off on short term 15 weeks disability.

Around March I started working on my long term. I had no money coming in. Red cross was helping us. She sent in a my medical stuff to the insurance company for my truck. I guess it was losted in April of 2011. I got back paid, 15600 dollars. I won it in April, I put 3500 in my truck in Oct, tires, brakes, etc. have all the bills then Royal Bank came in Nov 2011. They said I owe payments, I said "no way, I have insurance on my loan". He said "take out your 400-dollar tool set out and cd spare etc". I said "I will have my truck back".

In the morning I called Belanger Ford told them what happened. They said don't worry I will have my truck back. They called utility management, they called I said they will fix it all up. A rude guy called me from the bank and said "you have to pay off the truck in full 35900 dollars. If not we are selling your truck". The women called from the insurance she said don't worry. Royal said I have to Jan 27th to fix it up. That rude guy keep calling to say "we are selling your truck", I said "don't worry they made a mistake, they will fix the bank up". I told the guy "are you nuts to sell the truck? If you do I have to go bankrupt".

On Jan 9th 2012 the lady fixing it all up said "they sold your truck for 13900". She said "how dumb". I still owe 22000 thousand. They even stole my tools, cds etc. The rude guy said "that's what happens when you don't pay your bills". Ruin my credit rating how a rude ** like that working at a bank and made you lose 22000 thousand. I have a letter saying I'm approved from Dec 3 2010 saying they will make the payment. It says from Dec 3 2010 'till Sept 2011 paid royal 3924.35.

First time dealing with Financial advisor at RBC. With all my trust, I let the advisor handle all the forms submit as he requested to do it for me, otherwise I would have done it myself in a timely manner. The forms were to get my other financial institution's bank accounts RRSP transferred to RBC. After 3 months of waiting with "no response from the other banks", I was fed up and talked to the other bank. During these 3 months, RBC advisor did not contact other bank, did not send any forms to the other bank. And asking for the original copy from the financial advisor was a pain. When I got to the branch and demand for a fix, the branch teller can only tell me, let have another Financial Advisor to contact you to fix this. The other financial advisor never called.

So in a hurry (I have 4 kids) I missed the bank. So I deposited 2 cheques into the ATM. They were for small amounts ($210 & $105). The next day I went to sign into my mobile app and it wouldn't let me so I called customer service. I sat on hold for 20 min and then transferred 3 times. Then I was told that my account has been restricted and they can't tell me a reason why I have to go into a branch. So, I headed to the closest branch. I asked for the branch manager because I was upset and wanted answers. He said my account has been temporarily suspended by the fraud department. He called them on the phone, spoke to them for about 2 min and then hung up. He looked at me and said "You deposited cheques into the ATM until they clear your account is suspended. You will have to come back to the branch in 7 days and we will see what we can do."

Um, excuse me? Why? He said there is nothing they can do and there is no way for me to contact the fraud department. I told him I have many payments coming out and bills to pay. He said I have no answers for you, you'll have to wait 7 days. This is disgusting and absurd! My account is being suspended because I deposited 2 cheques. Horrible, horrible bank. I will be closing this account as soon as or if this gets resolved.

0 star if I could. I don't understand how this bank gets away hiking Visa rates from 11.99% to 19.99% in 1 month to teach me a lesson for being late once on my minimum payment (false - never even happened). After 30 years with this bank I'm ready to move on. A bitter disappointment. I had a mortgage, student loan, and other accounts that are all paid off. Now I will surely close my business account and move on. This bank is in the toilet. Stay away. They lack ethics and don't care about long-time customers. THIS BANK is what's wrong with this world. RBC is a hooligan institution. Ask yourself, when is the last time you made any money banking with these guys? Is that even a concept anymore? Monthly fees are outrages and always outweigh what you make back on any interest. Customer service is a joke. My kids can read better off of a transcript better than these monkeys. Better to keep your money in the dirt..

Went to RBC branch in Mississauga trying to get a small line of credit, around $5,000. I have a mortgage with RBC with $300,000 in our home equity, above average household income, good credit, plus $115,000 sitting in my bank account. The "Financial Advisor" was condescending, basically making it seem like it is unlikely that RBC would even approve of the small LOC. Spent an hour in her office and left feeling humiliated like I never have before. The last straw was when she suggested to increase the chance of obtaining this small LOC I needed to deposit $5,000 of my own money and lock it as a GIC at RBC... um. What?! RBC opened up a credit card for me a few months ago without me even wanting it with no issue at all, the second I needed a small LOC all of the sudden became a huge issue.

She wasn't even nice about it and when I wrote her an e-mail to express my dissatisfaction, she simply ignored my e-mail. Extremely unprofessional, and when I asked to speak to a branch manager she said nobody was available to help me out. I have since then closed all accounts and credit cards with RBC due to this horrible experience. Don't tell me I am a "high risk customer" when you are simply trying to scam me into putting money into a GIC. Nope, won't fall for it.

I have been banking with RBC for 17 plus years. Today called Visa call center. Spoke to GREG at Mountain. He was rude and wouldn't even get me a supervisor. I will cancel all my business with RBC as they don't know anything about customer care, does not even deserve one star.

Disappointed in the customer service of RBC. "Mortgage Specialists" have a huge attitude towards middle income families and make you feel like they are doing you a favor by applying for a mortgage. My recommendation would be, find a different bank to deal with in the future. Change your bank before you need to apply for a mortgage here. Having equity, good size down payment, and average to good credit scores will not be enough for these superior beings. Look at credit unions as they seem to be the real future.

The bank employee made a mistake which costed me $11,000. I complained to the bank, they investigated and came back to me with a story of all lies. The bank employee lied to avoid taking responsibility. I informed them it is all lies and they should review phone call records, they informed me that they don't record phone calls at the branch. Although whenever we call RBC it always says at the beginning this call will be recorded. Simply the bank steal our money thinking we are venerable. We now spending time looking for a lawyer to start a court proceeding. Avoid this bank at all costs. Very terrible experience.

RBC has become an extremely frustrating bank to deal with. I have been a customer of RBC for over 40 years and a very satisfied customer until the last two year but have decided to switch banks after numerous issues with the bank over the last two years. The latest one being unable to get a refund on my safety deposit box after cancelling it. Three trips to the bank with no refund or phone as promised in each occasion.

Just had a very disappointing experience at the Royal Bank’s Glendale Avenue location in St. Catharines, ON and also the RBC's online accessibility feedback form. I’ll start with the issue I encountered at the branch. There is no obvious provision within the branch for you to wait in line if a disability prevents you from standing for a long period of time. There is no signage to indicate what you should do and there is seldom, if ever, a teller at the wicket where you can be served in a seated position. Even if there was, it’s not clear where you’re supposed to wait.

After being forced to stand for nearly 20 minutes today, I explained to the teller that I have a disability that makes it very difficult for me to stand for an extended period and asked what I should do for next time. Instead of answering my question, she proceeded to give me a lecture about using online banking or the ATM. When I forced the issue and asked to speak with a manager, the manager pointed to a bench that is behind a wall and not in a clear line of sight for the tellers if there are people standing in line. I asked how anyone would ever know I was in line, but didn’t get an answer.

I’ve had an account with the Royal Bank for nearly 20 years, but am fairly newly disabled. The design of the branch and the lack of signage, combined with the lack of staff at the sitting wicket, and the lack of interest on the part of the manager or staff in dealing with the issue left me with the impression that they don't care, that if you can’t stand in line for 20 minutes at a time like a “normal” customer, you’re not welcome here. The Royal Bank’s website was even more interesting in this regard. When I tried to use the feedback form in their “accessibility area” it failed. The wording of my comment was the same as it is above — no profanity or any kind of language that should cause the form to fail, yet no matter what I did, I got a message saying “the content was invalid.”

How I would like to see this resolved is for the Royal Bank to smarten up and get some protocols in place to limit line-up time to 10 minutes or less by having adequate staffing levels at all times and also by referring more complex customer issues to staff other than frontline tellers. There were only two customers ahead of me today, so there is no reason why there should have been a 20 minute wait in the first place. There needs to be signage to indicate where you should sit and wait if you can’t stand for an extended period; and the branch manager and staff need re-education so that they don't behave as if people with disabilities are a hassle who should stay home and do Internet banking or use the machines instead of bothering them. My goal in writing this review is to push RBC into doing right by its customers with disabilities.

My partner and I have both been using this bank and we are no happy about it at all. First of all you have limited amount of free transaction which may be a common point in every Canadian Bank but I really don't get it! We got scammed using online banking. Went to a branch, filled in a form, got an email 2 weeks after saying basically "yes, you got scammed!" ...thanks for nothing! I knew that... so what? Went to the branch again and a different person said the previous employee who opened the case didn't do things properly so nothing has been done to start an investigation!! What??? We finally got our money back at the end...

Went to a branch to count some coins I have been saving: no coin counting machines. The only way to change your money is to count yourself every coin and roll them in paper bags!!! Which they don't have on site so I had to go somewhere else and buy them!! Seems not a big deal but to me it is. Just their customer service is very poor so is their general service!! I'M GOING TO CHANGE BANK!

I opened a new account with RBC in June because I needed a bank I could walk into once in awhile for banking needs they had, I got an email in may saying open an account with RBC you will receive a free iPad mini after having your having your pay cheque direct deposit into your account or have a payment come out of your account for a bill which I had done both and qualified July 21 5 weeks later I got an email

Saying my iPad mini was ordered and will get another email saying it's been shipped with a tracking number, 5 weeks later no email no iPad, I called RBC and they had a tracking they gave it to me I tracked the iPad had been sent back to sender in the states I don't even live in the states I live in Canada, I found out the iPads were ordered out of the states from an apple factory and improper paper work would not let it cross over the border, I talked to one guy at RBC in costumer completes who was kind of rude and said it could be months before I received my iPad, so a week later I called back a week later and talked to another lady who seemed a little more helpful telling me she talked to their shipping department and assured me my IPad would be sent 2 - 3 weeks and I would receive a tracking number.

3 weeks went by no track so I called back again and she said it would be 3-4 weeks. Well 4 weeks went by. Nothing. Once again I called them again and talked to the same woman. She once again said she talked to her shipping department and they told her they don't make the iPad mini 2 anymore and they would be send me the newest iPad mini in 10-15 days. Funny thing is I called Apple and they do still make the iPad mini 2 and 15 days are here and once again no iPad. No tracking number. I've been getting the run around calling wasting my time and to be lied to by the RBC. I even went as far as to email CEO of RBC. Of course no reply. It's terrible bank to deal with. They can't even keep a promise.

I opened my account with this bank in 1958. Then it was a different organization to what it is today. Recently I received correspondence from them to say that the democratic dictatorship in Ottawa had decreed that non-Canadians could no longer have accounts in Canada and that they were closing my account. Freedom! When I requested that they transfer the funds to another bank they demanded I send them government photos. This entails me buying a computer with a printer/scanner because I am not in Canada. This bank has always accepted my instructions in the past but now it is a house of I can't say the word because of free speech. Don't trust them!

My husband and I have been banking with RBC for over five years now. When we moved to a new city we wanted to sit down with someone at the bank and discuss our finances, budgeting get an idea of what we need to do to purchase a house. Upon meeting with a young girl at the branch, she told us that we spend too much money and my husband needs to get a better paying job and that would solve our financial problems. She didn't once give us any ideas on what we can do to save money or get out of debt. My husband had been working retail at the time and we were struggling to make ends meet. She was very condescending and talked down to us both.

Another issue I have with RBC is the horrible communication and lack of customer service. Currently we have several items (automatic debits and credits) with RBC. For the last three years, I have been depositing a paycheque of roughly $1400 every two weeks. Last week I deposited my cheque and went to pay for some items only to discover that now, after three years, they are holding all deposits into our account. Needless to say, I was pissed. I went into the branch the next day and was told by a very arrogant and rude client services rep that when head office makes a decision then it is final. I asked why there were holds and he said it's because someone reviewed my account activity and decided to put the holds on. This is a horrible company to bank with. They treat their customers like absolute trash. DO NOT BANK WITH THEM!!

We are outraged and disappointed how RBC and its mortgage representative called "Specialist" handle our case, from the beginning till the end there is no transparency to the client about the process. We are new immigrant and we trust the brand of RBC and the reputation it carries, she proved there is no difference between the normal broker and RBC in the end. We reached out to Ellen Braganca (RBC Mortgage representative) for mortgage in July 2015 and constantly asking for the rates and mortgage, she sounds so promising and claimed she's been doing this more than 10+ years, based on her experience and brand of the bank we discussed the details and forward our critical private financial information.

She had those details 2 months in advance and closing date was given 20 days earlier. She delivered nothing and wasted our precious time. I'm very sure every multinational organisation or bank must establish and follow certain process, I'm astonished this is how one reputed bank employee respond and service clients. We were waiting patiently till very end of our closing date, she has no respect for client situation this is totally NOT ACCEPTABLE behaviour. No update from Ellen (Mortgage representative) at all and didn't highlight any impact or problem. We just blindly waiting for her message and lost the precious time to find another lender.

We called multiple times and left message, she shows no responsibility to clients critical situation. The information she was requesting a day before closing related to the lack of credit history should have been done long back when she collected our financial information like 2 months back and gave our consent to check our credit. We understand what she been telling us is total BS when we go to verify ourselves in TD bank, at the same time TD helped to check our credit history and willingly come forward to process our application on the same day, till today RBC unable to provide a credible answer. It cost me $285 emergency closing fee.

The teller: Had a rude attitude and bossy disrespectful responses during the conversation. I ordered and I paid for a one gold bar 5 Oz. I specifically requested to make sure it is in its plastic packaging as I always do. They called me to come to pick it up, I went, the teller kept saying while I am waiting ``so you like gold huh``.

The gentleman showed up with a paper open envelop and pulled out (A USED SMALL ZIPLOC BAG WITH A STICKER ON IT THAT HAS A COMPUTER BAR CODE). I reminded him that I asked to make sure it is sealed, "Sorry I can not take this, please call me when you get the right product." He asked me to wait for 5 min and run to the back.

I said to him and the teller, "I can't wait. Please give me my order sheet." The teller said: "He said just 5 minutes, you can wait over there and used a careless finger pointing gesture to send me away." I did not respond. I took my sheet and walked away. I overheard her saying to the rest of the tellers. Remember his face. Do not order anything for him again. I stopped, I replied back saying. "EXCUSE ME. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" The customer service lady behind the desk where I was said, "She is not talking to you sir." I was so insulted so I left. (Greta. **) reacted by calling back the pharmacy and threaten to charge me all kinds of fees if I am not picking it up. Called my pharmacy, Spoke with my staff pharmacist, Literally told him Mr. ** better come back and pick this order otherwise if we return it we will be charging him. Item return fee, shipping charges, handling charges etc.

I called the customer service phone number, told my story, they got me in contact with the customer service young lady in the branch who apologized and asked me if it is ok to order it in 5 pieces each is 1 Oz. I agreed. She said she will call me back when they arrive and said, "The manager will call you himself to apologize". I said no need.

The branch manager: Reacted in a very strange and rude stubborn way by. Asked Greta to call me and tell me (as above). Refuse to let them return the item and keep it there and wait. Did not return any messages regarding this situation. When I called back and insisted on Monday to know what is going on with my order he told the customer service lady to inform me that he will not absorb the costs if they return the item and will charge me.

At the end when Ms. ** from the customer care and the gentleman who called me back from the branch told me, "The branch manager will agree to refund you in full but from now on they will not order me any gold bars. Now before I start telling the facts in details I would like to mention that I have been with RBC since I landed here in Ontario in 1995. I have all my personal and businesses accounts with you guys as well as my mortgage before I pay it off. I also used to have my rrsp, resp,tfsa, investments. Etc up until 2007 - The first time was in 2007 when It was the closing date for my new house and finishing one mortgage (with rbc) and start the new home's mortgage (with rbc).

All with RBC and the branch manager insisted that I will pay 3 months interest as a fee for terminating one mortgage and starting the other one and he didn't care that it was the employees mistake who did say that upon renewal I told him that I'll be getting the new home a year from now and did not care when I said I'll be transferring all my investments to another bank (more than 200k) and he said, "It's up to you, it's your money, I dont care." I also was told, "We can't do anything, sorry. Whatever the branch manager says it goes you may escalate your concerns to RBC's Office of the Ombudsman in writing." Which I did and the response stayed the same.

So, as you see this is also the same. A person doesn't do his job to make sure something is done right. A mistake happens. Branch manager refuse to correct it because it costs money. But the big difference here is that Hazelton 7 Winston Churchill branch manager went another step further and refuse to provide any services for me if I choose not to receive this Ziploc bag.

Detailed incident report: On October 5th 2016 I went to the RBC branch on Hazelton and Winston Churchill. I paid for gold bar 5 Oz and as usual I told the gentleman who ordered it for me to make sure it is in the mint Canada plastic package. They called me the week after I think on the 14th to tell me it arrived to the branch.

I showed up on Monday the 17th. I think go to the teller. The gentleman came in after she told him the gold bar guy is here. He had an open envelop and pulled a USED ZIPLOC BAG WITH A STICKER ON - IT SAYS 5OZ AND A COMPUTER BAR CODE. I looked at him and said sorry we went through this before. I will only take it if it is in its original plastic seal. He said, "Wait sir. Let me get you the lady in charge. Just wait 5 minutes." I said I cannot but he left to get her. I asked the teller to give me my paper back which she did while saying to me don't leave wait for him over there - it is just 5 minutes. I did not like the rude tone in her voice but I did not say anything and I walked out. I overheard her saying to the other tellers, "Heh, now you remember h again." I turned back and I said excuse me, "What did you just say?" The teller ignored me.

The customer service lady at the desk said, "She is not talking to you sir." I am sure she was but I was angry and I did not want to say anything more and I just left telling the gentleman who showed up with another young lady, "Please I have to leave. Please call me when you get it in the sealed package." I turned my cell of right after I left the branch. I received a phone call from my staff pharmacist a day later saying that a lady by the name of Greta called and told him: He better come back and pick up this gold bar. If he doesn't he will be paying a fine. Return item fee, shipping charges, handling charges.

I called the phone customer service, Told my story. The lady apologized got me on line with another lady from the branch who also apologized and said how about if we order the gold bars in 1 oz and we do an order for 5 of them so we make sure that they are sealed. I said ok I dont mind as long as I dont pay extra. She said, "No and we will be calling you when it arrives." Same day I received a phone call from a lady by the name of Jasmin saying that she is my new advisor assigned to me instead of Greta. I told her the situation and I told her they said they will handle it.

I followed up by calling Jasmin a few days later who assured me that they will call me once they receive it - they are not supposed to keep these items long in the branch. Wednesday Nov 9th, I called her. She said she will call to inquire Thursday, she said they did not reply to her yet. Friday, she is on vacation 'till Nov 21st so I called the customer service that didnt able to reach anyone because it is a day off and I do not wish to disturb her.

Saturday November 12, I called and they made me levee the branch a message - no one called back. Monday 14th November, I called. They were able to get to the branch manager who told them to tell me. Again, I better come and get it. He is not going to send it back and absorb any charges. If I decide to return it and get refunded, I'll have to pay. Shipping charges, item returned unpaid fee, item return fee, commission, handling. Even the girl was embarrassed so she transferred me to the client care center (Linda **). Linda was very nice, listen to the whole story, asked me to give her a couple of days to solve the matter.

I called Linda Tuesday 15th to follow up; she said she didn't hear back from the branch yet, the problem is that I know any solution Linda is going to be opposed by the branch manager. As I mentioned above I learned yesterday Monday November 15th 2016 that the manager is the one who refused to make the other people in the branch to return the gold bar and ask for it again in a sealed plastic wrap like the actual order says because he is not willing to approve paying another shipping charges or anything.

Now This is not fair. I will not pay any extra fees or shipping charges because I told them, "Make sure that it is sealed." I refuse to believe that RBC will stand by the branch managers unacceptable, unfair decision to simply ignore me and my messages and also ignore Jasmin and now may be Linda too by not returning the phone call. I have my business and my personal accounts with RBC since the day I landed in CANADA. I hate that this is going to be the 2nd time that I get ignored and treated unfairly because of someone else didn't make a phone call to tell your supplier to make sure it is sealed. I am not sure what to expect. I just hope it is not the same response I had 9 years ago.

I'm from Vancouver BC. I'm actually the best customer they can have! I got a 800 credit record background which is top rating! I had no cash transactions and no oversea money transfer this year! Which means my accounts have nothing to do with money laundry. All I do with my account and visa card is just some car insurance payments and use my credit card for online purchase. Out of a sudden they said they decided to close all my accounts including credit card which I've been using for 3 years and put me on a black list! What the hell RBC? I think they made a serious mistake.

When I call them to provide me the reason for closing my accts they said they cannot give me any reason. They just wanna close my accounts. I never received any letter from them to provide me reason neither! I don't even know if I will receive the balance of my accounts. They said they mailed me a cheque but who knows! RBC GO TO HELL WITH THIS KIND OF SERVICE!

I used to work for RBC, it's an excellent company and their employees are usually amazing. I woke up this morning and noticed something wasn't right with my pay from my part time job, so I searched in my transaction history and saw I got a binged a $45.00 NSF fee. I totally understand why NSF fees exist, except mine was for something I was short of $3.90. It was the night before my pay came in when an automatic PayPal transaction decided to charge me for a monthly subscription I have, so I decided to go to my local RBC branch to ask if there was any chance to waive it because I was only short a few dollars. I'm also pretty poor and my job pays me barely anything, so $45.00 off of a $700 pay check hurts.

I was expecting someone to at least listen to me. The woman I was served by was completely rude to me for no reason. I explained my situation to a woman at the Woodbine and Danforth branch, and she cut me off mid-sentence, and said "Well, that's why you got charged. You gave out information without even thinking." She blamed the whole thing on me. I told her that I didn't know that the automatic fund (a charity donation by the way) was going to come in that night. She just kept cutting me off. The last time this happened to me, a man named Philippe at the same branch refunded as soon as he saw it in my transaction history.

Not one ounce of understanding from this lady. I work in customer service, and hey, I totally get it to be rude to a customer if they're being rude to you first. I get that it's exhausting dealing with clients asking you the same questions, but you have no right to interrupt me while I am talking about MY BANK ACCOUNT. But I was just asking a question, for some guidance even, on how to avoid this situation. I asked her to look at my checking account statement and history, and she didn't even take my card. I then told her I was going to be away in the United Kingdom for the next few weeks, and she just shrugged and said, "Okay." I'm completely shocked of the service I received from her. It was uncalled for. She didn't even look at my account, how would she know my full story?

A friend told me to contact RBC by the phone because she knew that I'm in no financial standing to lose $45.00 because my charity donation came through at a bad time. I explained the zero help I got from the Woodbine and Danforth branch, the man on the phone was 100% sympathetic and took the time to look through my history and said he believed it was a mistake, and waived the fee from my account. He apologized for HER behavior, which I think is completely unacceptable. I have nothing but good things to say about the RBC employees at the call center, every time I call them they always fix my problem right away without hesitation.

My home I owned for 17 years was foreclosed leaving me homeless. I fought this from day 1 however the court's order nisi the first step foreclosure. This document was never served to me as per court rules. I only had 15 days to appeal. By not be served the order nisi I could not appeal. I fought in the courts. The judges were sympathetic but could not do anything. This is criminal. My home sold for more than order nisi. I never got 1 penny. Bank and lawyer kept all the funds from the sale. The courts refuse to have the bank giving me accounting.

The lawyer tried to keep over 66.000.00. I talked to RBC mortgage and was advise because I fought in the courts that the law firm was able to keep the money. I fought in the courts the lawyer said it was an error. The money was put back towards the mortgage. However I still owe the bank money with no accounting. RBC wanted me to sign a release. I refused because there were accts I didn't know about. RBC had the courts label me as a vexatious litigant so I can't fight in the courts against them. This is unjust. Please help.

Royal Bank of Canada Company Profile