2.61/5

141 President's Choice Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

Love going to shop for groceries and realize at checkout time I can get $20 off my grocery bill because of all the points I quickly saved up with my PC Mastercard. I use it for all my purchases now. And no annual fee. Bonus. Unlike the Costco Capital One Mastercard that I used to have which charges $120 a year for membership. No thanks. Thus far, I have had zero issues with this card.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Best prices on gas at superstore by far with the PC discount and I rack up points so fast I can’t fathom it some days for groceries. You get entire buggies of groceries for free! No fee card makes it even better. I have had other credit cards and never felt like I got anywhere with them. I think you would be hard pressed to any other card that can compete. I had the Scotiabank with the 4% back on select purchase and I never earned any money back.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have had the card for almost a year, started with 5000 limit. I max it out every month between everyday purchases, groceries and all bill payments. I pay it off in full every month as soon as the statement comes out, no interest, no fees, just lots of points. I do not pay to bank and this card gives me that same option. I operate a small distribution business and use 140L of fuel every day 6 times per week, to which I charge to this card. If you are smart with your finances and only spend what you can pay off at months-end this card cost you zero dollars and can you can accumulate a lot of points. FAST.

Original review: July 17, 2019

The credit card itself has definitely nice perks, but their online and app platform is absolutely horrible. I cannot access the app half the time, and get locked out. Not because I forgot the password, something seems to be constantly being updated. And now I have not been able to see my transactions for 2 weeks. Finally when I did get the access, my app seems to be missing 8 days in transactions. How is that even possible?! Apparently this is caused by delays related to launch of new website. Although, in the past with old website there a lag in transactions as well, which for a consumer equates to consistent overspending because you assume that spent less than you actually did, obviously works great for the credit card company.

I would not recommend this card for that reason and I will have to look for another card that does mask or hide my activity. Consumer should be able to see what is going in the account, and you should not have to call to get verbal description of what is going on in your account. Extremely disappointed, I only got this card because of Optimum points merger with PC.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Yesterday I changed my password for the umpteenth time in the last 18 months. All I do is change passwords. What the hell is so valuable in this site that security is more important than customer service. I have less hassle accessing my 2 bank accounts online than I do trying to see the purchases on this $1500 credit card. I'm ready to cut this card up and never shop Loblaws or Shoppers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I recently applied for this card. Was surprised when I got a voicemail to contact them about my application. I have an excellent credit rating and significant financial assets. When called the number and spoke to the customer service rep she was terrible. She couldn’t follow me spelling out my name or providing my phone number (and I have a generic Cdn accent). She seemed very confused and I ultimately asked to speak to her supervisor. Turns out they wanted me to send documentation to substantiate my identity. However, they wanted it sent by Email!!! Given the risk of identity theft, I asked if I could present it in person or if they had a secure portal. Nope. Email, mail or Fax. All of which are not secure. In 40 years as a credit card holder I have never been asked to do this. I asked them to cancel the application.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I overpaid on my credit cards as I knew I would be making purchases, the company charged me interest on my money even though my balance was zero, and my money in the bank for future purchases. Without knowing it the company started charging 25.99 % interest. Everyone else is charged 19.99 % interest. If you do happen to go over your limit be prepared to be charged a fee and or be charged more interest as well.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Don't recommend this card because I had a credit limit of $20,000 and due to missing one $200 and change payment they reduced it $5,000. If you like stability you will go for someone else than PC Financial. I am very frustrated since I use that card quite frequently and I quite often go up to to the 19000 and then reducing it to 15000 is just very frustrating and it makes me never want to do business with them again. I did not think I've been a bad customer. Just missed one payment once and the whole entire time I had that card which has been for about 9 to 10 years. I would leave a zero-star if I could right now and since that isn't an option I will do the next lowest option.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I wanted to give a 0 star but it wouldn't me. I have been trying to access my account statements for past 4 to 5 years. Their contract says I can view up to 7 years but they only give me access to 24 months. They want $10 per statement to send print copies and have the nerve to tell me it is in the agreement I "signed" when I joined paperless statements. I can read and it says 7 years.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I've actually had this card for years. I rarely use it - I keep it in a drawer. About once a year or so, I'll have reason to use it and will be declined for "unusual activity" or the transaction will go through and I'll be contacted out of the blue by their loss prevention team and have to jump through hoops just to get the card going again. I rarely miss paying off the card on time, but when I do with this card, the interest rates are usurious. And if the customer service were actually non-existent, it would be better than it is now. It's easily the worst customer service I have ever encountered anywhere. Just now, I called and asked how to change the PIN on my credit card. After asking me why I wanted to do that (none of his business) he point-blank refused to answer the question until I gave him my card number and ran through the security questions. When I refused to do that and asked to speak to his Manager, he hung up on me.

Thus the reason for this poor review, but really it was a long time coming. It's easy for a company to do well when things do right, but again and again PC Financial MasterCrap show how pathetically unable they are to provide even the minimum level of service beyond processing tiny transactions within 10km of the home mailing address. It serves you right if you're ever dumb enough to travel somewhere with this as your only card.

Original review: May 13, 2019

New website - horrible. I don't understand the need to redesign their website. Was a tabular format "too confusing" for the majority of users? Was copying and pasting directly from the website not something they want users to be able to do? Was downloading transactions in formats other software might understand a burden to their systems? I feel like I'm looking at dashboard designed for school-aged children. At the very least, I should have had a choice whether to use the new interface, or stay on the old design - which allowed me to actually keep track of my expenses.

Original review: May 1, 2019

On Apr 30, 2019 couldn't get to main sign in, immediately on home page message (https://secure.pcfinancial.ca/login): "Oops, something went wrong on our end. Please try again later or contact customer care and reference the error code below:" First time there was bunch of numbers and letters, but later nothing. Tried on Smartphone and notebook, browsers Mozilla Firefox and IE (v11) and Google - the same (it worked before). Called, she reports it to other dept. and wrote down all error numbers and I should try tomorrow... not acceptable, I am right now in hotel on other continent and need to see all my payments and balances, if they are correct.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Nine months after canceling my credit card I received a bill in the mail with interest. Even after cancelling my card PC Financial MasterCard allowed a transaction to occur. After calling them to inquire they insisted this was my fault. It baffles me that these crooks will allow a transaction to occur even after cancelling. I guess they are desperate for business. Be careful if you choose to sign up. It is a never ending terrible experience. You would likely have a better experience with a loan shark.

Original review: April 26, 2019

PC went from being my favorite bank to the most hated by ALL! It's just gone down the hill quickly after they switched to the new web design. Logging in is painful and frustrating, page layout is not user-friendly, transactions missing, what the hell!?? And now their website is not even working AT ALL!!! I am DONE with PC Financial! Obviously their customers' satisfaction means nothing to them, they don't listen and they don't care :(… This will be my last bill to pay with them. BYE BYE PC Financial!

Original review: April 18, 2019

The card would not work after activation. I avoid the website so called MC. After endless recordings, promotional bs and glitches, finally got a person. I'm keeping my old PIN, but learned that to do so, I had to choose "new PIN" not "use existing PIN". And that on next use I'll need to keep it inserted and re-enter PIN a third time after it has been rejected twice and I see "remove card". Great customer disservice. I told the person I wanted a call back from someone about my complaint and was told that won't happen. At the very least, maybe someone will find reading this useful.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I'm canceling my card. I've never found it easy to access online banking with this card, and it's frankly unacceptable. Clearly no one cares or the problem would have been fixed. Bye bye PC Mastercard.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Whoever approve their website to be updated like that doesn't even know how to access bank accounts online. It's very bad, everything was good before. I'm always checking my balance and transaction online but their new website is the most difficult, not friendly user website I've been to. If only this was not affiliated with Shoppers Drug Mart I would have deactivated my account.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have had a PC Financial Mastercard for over two months now and have never been able to access my online account. Customer service can offer nothing more than to tell me to just keep trying to log in week after week, for months now. Customer service has also submitted numerous (probably around 5-8 at this point) requests for IT to look into my account and this has been entirely inconsequential. If I had to guess, it seems that PC outsourced their new website to a profoundly incompetent IT company (probably due to the cost savings) and is now paying the price (as are their customers).

To the company's credit, they did waive an interest fee that resulted from my not being able to submit business expenses in time (because they were incapable of providing the very basic service that is an accessible online account). But in the end, that's a pretty low bar and if I wasn't reaping an incredible amount of PC Optimum points with this card, it would have been canceled over a month ago. PC Financial has really opened my eyes to how incredible the vast majority of services I use truly are by demonstrating how poorly a company can perform in this regard.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Since early January, 2019 I have been unable to get online with PC Financial Mastercard. I have been in contact with Customer Service on eleven (11) occasions and have not got any satisfaction whatsoever. They keep telling they will forward my problem to IT and to try again in a couple weeks. The last contact was on March 26th, so I will wait the couple of weeks and try again, but I know it will be the same disappointment of nothing happening. Canceling card!

Original review: March 29, 2019

My Name is Andrew, I had a charge that was clearly fraud from BET365 200.00 . I called PC and they said call the company. Frustrated I had to go through this I Did. Company had no record of the charges and couldn't help me. I contacted PC 3 occasions by email. They couldn't help. Them a 150 charge with no info other than NAAN. No number. Nothing and they said couldn't help me. I had to contact company. There isn't even a number posted. I called and a 94 min wait time.

After 122 min. someone answered and verified my info then disconnected and no return call. I messaged again. Completely ignored the fact of the fraud charges. PC is in on this fraud. That is clear. I was a fool not reading reviews before I applied. I just wanted a convenient card with points for Fortinos. And it cost me. I lost all my points to closing account. If you sign up for this card you're a fool like I was. Please pass this on.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Loblaws now owns Shoppers Drug Mart store and the service as all Loblaws stores has become worse. On Sunday March 24, 2019, I was in the Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart Store On Hurontario and Dundas. I was just trying to shop when some man sneaked up behind me... and startled me. Before I knew it, he starts talking about signing up for PC Financial Mastercard.

I was so mad that I immediately responded in an annoyed fashion, "Loblaws should focus on improving customer service instead of harassing customers on a Sunday!!! I am determined to file a complaint against this greedy company that sees nothing wrong with this... They don't care about the safety of their customers and this is about PURE GREED. Stop Harassing your customers LOBLAWS. Sunday is a family day and day of rest!!! I WALKED OUT OF THE STORE!!! I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE IN THE PRESIDENT'S OFFICE OF LOBLAWS!!" This issue is about pure greed and total contempt for safety of customers and yes female customers especially!!!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Everything was good until the new website came about. Transactions weren't posting correctly. Everything was kind of mixed up and statements weren't being emailed out on the proper dates... Arriving late and such. Minimum payments weren't being adjusted properly and sequentially. When I called customer support they do not seem to understand. They just look at the numbers there and they don't think rationally. Apparently any transaction we do, we should think of it as happening 4 days later, so if your bill is due on the 20th and you pay it through online banking on the 19th...forget about it. They'll treat it as a past due amount and then not count the money that you just paid towards your minimum and try to get it out of your on the next bill as a passed due amount. These are the problems I'm facing because of transactions not posting properly. This all started with the new website.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Last week I spent 40 minutes on the phone with P/C Financial. I listened to the whole phone spiel 3 times, 2 times I was disconnected. Finally got everything straightened out, new password and I logged in. Today I tried to log in and to my surprise I got OOPs Invalid entry. I swear to God it would be easier to break into Fort Knox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have had my World MasterCard since early 2017. Opened at a whopping $500 credit line. They increased it to $2500. Then to $6500, respectively, over this time. I asked them once more to increase it to $10000. After a lengthy process, they declined. No explanation. 700’s credit score, all my balances paid in full every cycle, no late payments, etc. I called BMO MasterCard right after (for an account I have only had 6 months) and they increased it from $5000 to $10000 no questions asked. To keep my ratios in-line, I then called PC back and lowered theirs from $6500 to $1000. Will no longer be using that account unless I shop for small grocery orders in those stores. The overall experience for me with them is poor- much like other reviews I am reading in this forum. It’s better to stick to the BIG banks for these kind of reward cards. Don’t be fooled. PC seems a bit shady in my opinion! Thanks for reading. :)

Original review: March 7, 2019

Someone called me saying he was from PC Financial Credit Card Fraud dept. and talked me into a 30 day trial period. It was $19.95 per month and I could cancel anytime before the 30 days and would not be charged. It has been over a month and have still not heard from them since. Nothing in the mail and no e-mails. The number that called me was 1-416-855-8111.

Original review: March 5, 2019

This is disturbing with these people. This is the 21st century and cannot view our statements online, no direct access to tech guys like every other credit card company. All they say, "We are going to write them an email," three weeks later still waiting, no action. Who does that in this day in age. This is a company with money and this is the best they can offer. So we blindly spend money, and either wait for a paper statement or get on the phone each time. Real BS.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Before the new website I loved my PC MasterCard! BUT ever since the new website, I have been unable to access my account. I have spent a half hour each time (six times!) with a rep and we go through the hoops and I could only access it once. I have no other choice but to cancel my card because I don't want my credit score to go down if I can't see my account details to pay my bills on time and secondly I can't monitor my account to see if there are unauthorized charges on it. If they get smart enough to finally figure out that it's a screwed up system that's going to cost them their customer base and make some necessary changes, then I might go back to them but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone getting involved with PC Financial right now.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have been with PC MasterCard for at least 30 years. I have had no problems with it before this new website. I have to phone EVERY single time to get in... I have changed my password so many times that I have a notebook of new ones to remember. I was told to empty my cache and cookies which I have also done several times. I am so frustrated for this massive inconvenience. As well when the website finally opens for me. The format is not as user friendly as the old one. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my card.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I generally have no problem getting my offers points or in-store points, but I'm having a nightmare of a time getting the points by using Mastercard. With this card I am supposed to get 10 points per dollar everywhere and 30 points per dollar for places like Zehrs and Loblaws, etc. I spend $2000 to $3000 a month and pay the card off every month but I rarely find the points for using the card. On the points statement they are called PC Financial Earn. After dozens and dozens of emails and several phone calls the response is mostly the same. "Read our fact sheet!" And it takes two to three days or four to six days. And the real kicker is now they want PICTURES of my Zehrs receipts!!

Believe it or not, I sent pictures, and we all know they have the receipts they can look at. They just want me to jump through hoops to verify that I am owed points. They've even said "You have lots of points, what's the problem?" For the time of Dec 1 to Dec 31, 2018, I received notice that purchases at Zehrs, etc., would be five times the points. I never received any points. One guy who I could barely understand said that the points might coupled together from different transactions, so I went through all my transactions and he couldn't find the points either. But no one helps at all. When I speak with PC Mastercard I'm told it's a PC Optimum issue, and when I speak with PC Optimum I'm told it's a PC Mastercard issue. How fortunate they have each other to blame. I recently found out that when you use your points to pay, you don't get points on your purchases.

Today I got totally fed up when once again I couldn't access my Mastercard account online. A credit card is useless if you have to wait for a paper bill through snail mail. When is this nightmare going to end? I am missing thousands of points which I consider to be fraud and I actually threatened them with the Better Business Bureau - no reply, but fraud it is. I guess that's my next step except it's difficult to go through all my bills and points statements and I have wasted so much time already, and time is money.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have tried several times to log into the new site. Keep getting caught in the loop to update information. Contacted them by email with no response. Will be paying off the card and switching all automatic payments over to another card and then cancelling the card. Very poor customer service in a time where they should be looking after good customers with good credit.

President's Choice Financial Company Information