1.13/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

President's Choice Financial

Looking for a mortgage lender?

President's Choice Financial Reviews

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

The annual fee on my favourite credit card increased so I decided to shop around for another reward card without an annual fee. A friend told me about the PC Financial Mastercard. Let me say this....YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I have had issues with charges to my account, lack of service, (4 calls and still no credit to my account for unauthorized charges after 5 weeks), I cannot consistently review my account, and am constantly changing my password. I am now very wary and always worried about this card, security protocols and total lack of customer service. I keep checking my app but can't get in. I'm going back to a very more business savvy and sophisticated credit card culture with my bank. Yes, they charge more but it is worth it. Hey, I like save money on groceries but I didn't because I can't get my money back from these guys! Worst credit card experience ever.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

The company states that you will get/earn 2x the regular PC Optimum points per dollar when you pay your premium with your PC Financial Mastercard® redeemable towards free groceries, beauty, and more**. I have had insurance for over 3 years and they only award me 1X that is 10 points for every $ and I still pay with the PCF MasterCard which is the requirement. The first year after several emails they finally gave me for the full year around 60000 points then they said next year you will get it automatically at the end of the year's premium period. Guess what? Never happened so again emails were sent and after 4 months was given my points.

Now 3 years later the same thing is happening. They give me only 1x every month so I have to put in missing points request and they ask me the same damn questions, insurance policy numbers and I do which is ** and **. Then they credit my points. The most inefficient company and customer service. They just do not fix their system.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

New renewal card shows up in mail. Try to activate told it's blocked. Called in to be told they had information from a retailer report so, "We blocked card. Told there was no information breach but are sending you a new card with a different number". So they forgot to inform me that my card blocked. The only way I found out was my renewal card. Then I see pending transaction from a company I do not deal with. Something smells... Call center just talked around the issue. Asked to escalate. Told no supervisor to take call. Asked call back which I was told would happen. I am still waiting feel like PC may be trying to cover up data breach.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Since I got my World elite card, to this day (7 months later) the company has been unable to link to my PC points card. When trying to get it resolved, I continually get transferred back and forth between the financial and PC optimum department. I have now called minimally 7 times, have multiple case numbers open, with no resolution or follow-up. On my last call, I asked for a time frame for PC Financial resolving my issue, and they said they cannot provide a timeframe. Even if the card is a 0 annual fee, I would not recommend to anyone. The process of dealing with customer service has taken hours of my time with no resolution. Clearly limited to no training has been provided to PC Financial. The absolute WORST customer service I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was scammed by an online merchant that made multiple fraudulent deductions from my PC MC and did a horrible bait-and-switch on the item ordered. First, customer service refused to proceed with investigations on the merchant until after 30 days after the fraud was reported. Then they asked for onerous dispute documentation, which I complied with. Now they want an independent merchant to certify that the chalk that arrived isn't cheese I ordered. Why do I get the feeling, having spent literally hours trying to resolve the situation by phone, they're playing for time and averting responsibility for purchase protection in an obvious fraud case? Why do I feel victimized twice? Despite their advertisement of purchase protection, PC MasterCard doesn't seem the same as TD Visa or Scotiabank. I don't even know my rights anymore after this experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

My pc credit limit was decease without notification and it is not stated in company policy. I called a supervisor and only thing she could say it just happened like that. This company had the worst customer service and don’t have care about their customer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have called six times to try and get it straightened out. It won't link to my regular points card. I never got any points for signing up or when I use the card in the store because it shows that I am not using the card which I have been for months and paying the bill online. Every time I called up they will make a note to get it fixed but that never happens. I will keep it for another month and then get rid of it and just rely on my points card for points. Sorry PC but this card sucks and I think two months gave you enough time to fix the problem. One star is still too high.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

They have the worst customer service ever. I have spent too much waiting for them to answer and there's no notice or voice recording how long one has to wait, plus the agent has put me on hold too many times and far too long. They seemed to be so disorganized as when the agent told me a supervisor will get back to me in two hours, two hours have gone and no one ever called. It's been more than 30 hours now and no call was ever received. This is unacceptable. I would fire them if I were you as it shows that they're damaging the company's image by not providing customer service to the clients as they're expected to.

Original review: July 30, 2019

My Optimum and PC MasterCard cannot be linked. I have been dealing with escalation (Elizabeth) to be exact. After numerous calls and disconnects I finally got through to Elizabeth in escalation. She basically promised me she would straighten everything out. Now she won’t even return my calls. I called last Thursday and was told my name was in the cue and Elizabeth would definitely call me back that day. It’s Monday evening and Elizabeth has failed drastically. They owe me 100,000 points. When received I will use then tell them to stuff their card. Don’t waste your time on this card.

Original review: July 17, 2019

The credit card itself has definitely nice perks, but their online and app platform is absolutely horrible. I cannot access the app half the time, and get locked out. Not because I forgot the password, something seems to be constantly being updated. And now I have not been able to see my transactions for 2 weeks. Finally when I did get the access, my app seems to be missing 8 days in transactions. How is that even possible?! Apparently this is caused by delays related to launch of new website. Although, in the past with old website there a lag in transactions as well, which for a consumer equates to consistent overspending because you assume that spent less than you actually did, obviously works great for the credit card company.

I would not recommend this card for that reason and I will have to look for another card that does mask or hide my activity. Consumer should be able to see what is going in the account, and you should not have to call to get verbal description of what is going on in your account. Extremely disappointed, I only got this card because of Optimum points merger with PC.

President's Choice Financial Company Information