1.0/5 (31 ratings)

About President's Choice Financial

President's Choice Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

This bank isn't quick to help you with purchases made on account when you expect fraud. They want you to deal with fraud issue on your own. A purchase was made to my account that I did not make. When I went to dispute the charge I was transferred to the fraud and place on hold for over an hour waiting to talk to someone. This shouldn't be.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I woke up this morning and both me and my spouse our account are both overdraft of 119 and his 412. We have been ripped off. I went through all my transactions and they have been taking money out of my account. I’m getting complete runaround. Do not deal with PC. I intended on getting a lawyer. I’m not paying that overdraft.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I opened a PC Financial bank account for the points originally. The worst experience of my life. Much like the other reviews I had a total of $500 in four months disappear from my account. Multiple calls to customer service, long wait times and still no resolution supervisors who don't return calls. No wonder they don't have a physical branch that you can access. The stress and frustration this company makes you feel is enough to wanna pull an Amber Heard on their desk.

Original review: June 16, 2022

How can you freeze my account for withdrawing money and after I confirm it was me? Then you say, "Well it takes 48 hours to unlock.." Here we are 6 days later and still no access to my finances or online banking... Spent hours on the phone waiting to speak to someone only for them to answer the call and then hangup several of times AND supervisors saying they will call me back and no one has. You guys are thieves and I hope you enjoy the letter you will receive from my lawyers, I will be paid out for every hour I go without being able to purchase food to eat or pay my automatic-payees, and the mental stress you have given me and my family. Enjoy!

Original review: June 15, 2022

TERRIFYING EXPERIENCE! On the phone, the representative actually swore at me. First, I had been waiting a long time to speak with someone, and when I did, a representative answered the phone. The agent misled me on the app because she didn't understand how it operated or where the prompts were located. I became irritated and requested to talk with a supervisor. When the supervisor answered the phone, he didn't care about my wait time or the fact that his representative didn't know how to navigate the app; instead, he yelled at me and swore.

When I tried to refocus the conversation back to the original argument of the dispute. He started to tell me that the transaction came out from the other card on the account and when I was telling him that he is wrong, it came out of the other card, he hung up the phone. As per their corporate policy, the call was recorded, and I'm hoping that someone will be able to listen to it. His tone, demeanour, and reasoning left me speechless. I'm now on the phone, attempting to cancel the account, and have been waiting for another 20 minutes to speak with someone. The worst experience I've ever had, and they effectively stole my money. $59.99 for four consecutive months in a row.

Original review: May 18, 2022

I have been a client of PC Financial for at least 20 years. They lost CIBC and switched me over to Simplii but I kept my Mastercard. This past year I attempted a purchase on my Mastercard that was quite large. They declined it until I called to validate the purchase. Done, easy peasy. They did it again. This is twice in less than a year after over 20 years of loyalty. I texted valid, did not unlock it. I called but the rep could not unlock it. I called back the next day and no reps could unlock my account. They froze my credit card and my banking account! I couldn’t even log into my account! I couldn’t access any money for gas or basic necessities! They told me 3-5 business days! Add in a weekend and that’s a week with no access to any money? Because a supervisor wasn’t available? That’s crazy!

That’s how you treat terrorists not regular everyday citizens not to mention I had a credit balance on my card because I always overpay the balance because their website doesn’t real time update so when you use your card for everything you lose track of how much your spending when it doesn’t update for at least 3 days! I couldn’t even request a credit balance refund nor cancel my account because there wasn’t a supervisor available! I was on the phone from 8 am this morning until 4 pm this afternoon. This nonsense should be illegal! They should not have the power to deny people access to their money thus access to basic necessities of like just because a supervisor isn’t available!

Original review: May 17, 2022

My father passed away and had a World Elite Master Card with them. I have had to call them three times regarding the balance, each time I have waited 2 hours on hold. One rep told me that the balance was insured and no one (not even the estate) was responsible for paying the balance. I then received a balance owing letter in the mail and found out that what this rep told me was apparently incorrect.. I've had enough sadness and stress dealing with my father's death and being told I didn't have to worry about the balance and then being told I was, is incredibly unprofessional and stressful.

I will NEVER get a Credit Card with them and advise everyone against it. I'm disgusted with their customer service. The person I spoke to who told me "just kidding" you owe us the balance was brief and unapologetic and tried so hard to end the phone call. I get that mistakes happen.. But also waiting on hold for a total of 6 hours between 3 phone calls is inexcusable.

Original review: April 5, 2022

The online services like statement access were disrupted for 2 days. Called the customer service 4 times in two days due to urgency. Spend 4 hours on queue in total. Customer service representatives were helpless. I was told that services would resume the first day and then someone would call me on the second day but nothing happened. They just put me back in the to talk a specialist. Their services are so slow and the third party company that handles customer service couldn't be of any help. We can't reach the PC Financial directly either.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I signed up for a new PC Financial Mastercard and when I tried to link my Mastercard with a new PC Optimum card there was already a card linked to it automatically which did not belong to me or anyone I know. When I called the customer care, they had no clear response to my issue and would hung up after putting the call on hold. I have already called them more than 7 times and it's been approximately 3 weeks and they haven't been able to solve this issue. I HATE the PC Optimum Customer Service.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I’ve been with them for 5 yrs and it’s always 30min to an hour+ waiting time and issues don’t get resolved the first call so you have to call and wait AGAIN! I’m trying to cancel atm and I’m still waiting 1hr + and counting! I hate this company. So shady.

President's Choice Financial Company Information