2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.4/5 (232 ratings)

About President's Choice Financial

President's Choice Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Though applied for the Card, subsequently withdrew the application as I felt this card is not useful comparing to what I have. However, PC Financial send me a rejection letter saying that I did not qualify for the card. Emailed them that I did not ask for a Card as canceled my request. PC Financial has the worst customer service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Like many before me, I am here to report how awful my experience with President's Choice credit card has been. I truly regret getting myself into this. However, I took it a step further and wrote to ottawanews@ctv.ca, and I strongly urge you all to join me. The more of us write, the more serious this becomes. I only used my card once, then they locked me out. I tried to call, and even if I waited, once I was through to a representative, the call dropped and nobody called me back. I then went to step two, emailing them and explaining that I have no more interest or need, that I want to shut down.

No one answered but the irony of it all is that billing has no problem emailing me. The amount jumped over $3,000, I have no idea where they came up with this imaginary number when I was only able to make one purchase. Them messing with my credit rating is No Joke so I'm going all the way in complaining. Again, I strongly urge you to do the same. I want to learn about filing a BBB complaint next, this is serious.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

I am presently on hold, I have been on hold 4 times this week for over an hour each and no one has ever even picked up. Their online support takes two days to respond and asks you to please call in where you will be ignored. It is beyond frustrating trying to deal with this company. I would highly recommend avoiding them just in case you ever have to discuss anything with them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Spend over hour on hold and would still be there if I hadn't given up. Probably the single worst experience I've ever had with any company. Guess I'll just remember that when they wanna call me to ask me for the money back. Dumb **.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

Nothing but problems with PC Financial. Cut my credit card off saying my credit score was too low. It was 705. Higher than when I got the card. They were mad I wasn't using it often. That's all I can figure. I applied for Money Account and another Mastercard and they gave them to me. I've tried to call multiple times just to change email because they kept locking me out. Then more and more calls for more and more complaints and the wait times were never under an hour and the last time I just hung up after 2hrs. I'd like to close account but they won't answer. Avoid at all costs. Mastercard gives Optimum points which is nice but do not get sucked into Money Account and do not call them. Worst customer service ever!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I'd like to comment on the level of customer service that PC Financial provides to its customers. My main gripe is the lengthy wait time before speaking with a customer service representative. It's ridiculous that I had to wait on hold for over an hour to speak with a service representative. A company with "unlimited" funds should not treat its customers in this manner. The wait times are far too long. Then, when you finally get through, the quality of the phone call is abysmal. Your call centre (which is not located in North America) has poor reception and your call agents are difficult to understand and the dispute agents are rude. It's extremely inconvenient that you can't get your issue resolved immediately and that I had to resort to posting a negative review.

There is no plausible explanation that you can offer that is understandable, let alone acceptable. I am quite upset that I am unable to obtain personal customer support by interacting with an agent. The following is said on your website: "PC Bank is committed to resolving customer complaints fairly and in a timely manner," That is a heinous lie. What would it take for PC Financial to repair its reputation with its clients? If it were the first time, I would forgive the lengthy delay, but that is not the case. I've had many occasions where I've been on hold for hours before being able to discuss my timely and important problems. It's a concern that many of your customers are having. All you have to do is read the numerous web reviews regarding your customer service. I believe PC Financial does not take those comments seriously. Customers should be treated with more respect and appreciated for their business.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Incredibly uncaring, robotic, and fraudulent behavior. Ignorant, and non-responsive. I don't know who is responsible to supervise and oversee these financial companies and why any regulatory body is not monitoring their uni-lateral, un-competent, and chaotic practice!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My sister's account was closed without her being notified that it was going to be closed. That was on September 20th. It's October 15th and she still hasn't received her money from them. She is facing an eviction from her home because of this. She hasn't been able to pay bills or even purchase groceries!! Loblaws should be held accountable for the late payment fees because of their negligence. They are a horrible company!! PC Financial is a horrible bank!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Went through the million loopholes to get my card set up, and then accidentally missed the activation sticker on the card when it finally arrived. I’ve tried calling three times now (with one person on hold in front of me each time) and waited over an hour and a half without ever reaching a representative. There is NO OPTION to resolve this online, so the card is useless. Edit: finally got a representative, he put me through to an automated verification, the number input didn’t work, and it sent me all the way to the back of the waitlist again. Avoid this madness if you can!!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Amount due for Sept. which I paid of 3 times the amount due. Balance pending was not removed. Still shows amount due for Sept. Tried e-mail, tried phone and texting unavailable. NO RESPONSE. Absolutely horrible customer service.

President's Choice Financial Company Information