3.6/5 (151 ratings)

About President's Choice Financial

President's Choice Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I had a PC Mastercard and PC Money Card - The money card was closed when I got the Mastercard - There was a credit in the account - They could not refund or etransfer out - Took 7 or 8 long phone calls, email and escalation - In the end I made a payment to my utility company once they re opened the account. Ok for Christmas I made a purchase around $3000, they flagged the account and locked my card out, no phone call, no email, no info at all - Called in after a few declined transactions, long hold time multiple phone calls - They canceled the card and put a hit on my credit score - All I got was sorry lost all my points... They said to re apply in 3 months, but I need to send in copies of my personal ID and personal banking records :(

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

After calling the Fraud department to report unauthorized issuance of balance protection plan on my credit card. Their process is to phone me back within 1 to 2 business days. When I am a victim of fraud who do they expect me to reply to a phone call and answer questions that could put me under further risk as anyone could impersonate their call. The process should be that they allow me to call them and then I trust which party I am calling, they can do the verification they need and then address my situation. When I asked to escalate to a manager, the reply I got that the manager will phone me back. So same story goes on.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I had an account for 2 years prior to this ridiculous incident and had a great report with them. My account was always in good standing! Last January I had lent a fellow mother $40 for formula. She paid me back the $40's via etransfer... Months later I go to use my card and boom account is locked so I call, sit on hold for 2.5 hrs, spoke to 6 different people before someone was able to have authority to transfer me to a supervisor. I'm told there is nothing I can do... like what? Then I find out the fellow mother was a victim of fraudulent activities regarding her bmo bank so because I had received a $ 40 email it was now frozen. I was evicted 2 times because my cheques were directly deposited and my income support worker would not put another bank on file because I could not get a closing account balance.

They kept my money so I got the fellow mother to go to her bank and prove it was not a scam etransfer so they marked etransfer as legitimate so here we are 1 whole year later and my student loan was accidentally disbursed in to what I was told a closed account $ 11,600 and I suppose to Live off this pay my rent, a portion of my tuition oh and my 2 year old daughter. I'm pissed. I'm on the verge of an emotional and or mental breakdown. I spend week on hold, transferred to 6 different people to only be hung up on or told it's been ESCALATED and I'll get a response in 1 business day .... Yeah been weeks. Still waiting so I continued to call at this point. I'm begging them to help me. Finally I'm told I'll be granted temporary access to withdraw the money. Now I'm crying out of happiness. I'm told I'll receive a call the next day. Never came... so again I'm on hold 3 hrs. Finally a supervisor was available only to tell me that a check as been mailed out and I will receive it in 25- 30 days. WHAT THE **? I'M SEEKING LEGAL ACTION!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Someone hacked into my optimum account and was able to redeem points without a card. They did it with a phone. I wasn't made aware that you can redeem the points from a phone. And I'm sure many of their customers don't know that either. Absolutely horrible security. Can happen to anybody. Customer support does not care at all. They say someone will call, but they never do. All customer support can do is read a script. They're not actors. Also when points are redeemed, you are not sent any notification. Your transaction history can all be on one side of country and someone can redeem your points from the other side and customer support will think it makes sense.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Pull out your PC account!! Pull out your PC account!!! Not worth It!!! PC financial has the worst customer service!!! Promising clients and keep them hanging for almost a month. Always telling someone will call back and up to now no one calls!!! Nonsense supervisor in online or phone calls. I do suggest get rid of your supervisor if they can't even help clients!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

One week after receiving my card, my account was locked due to a suspected fraudulent transaction. I was not allowed to confirm my transactions, review my account, or do anything to confirm the transactions -- the process and reasons were completely opaque. I was not contacted by the company, but only discovered this after waiting for a substantial time on hold with customer service.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

This bank isn't quick to help you with purchases made on account when you expect fraud. They want you to deal with fraud issue on your own. A purchase was made to my account that I did not make. When I went to dispute the charge I was transferred to the fraud and place on hold for over an hour waiting to talk to someone. This shouldn't be.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I woke up this morning and both me and my spouse our account are both overdraft of 119 and his 412. We have been ripped off. I went through all my transactions and they have been taking money out of my account. I’m getting complete runaround. Do not deal with PC. I intended on getting a lawyer. I’m not paying that overdraft.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I opened a PC Financial bank account for the points originally. The worst experience of my life. Much like the other reviews I had a total of $500 in four months disappear from my account. Multiple calls to customer service, long wait times and still no resolution supervisors who don't return calls. No wonder they don't have a physical branch that you can access. The stress and frustration this company makes you feel is enough to wanna pull an Amber Heard on their desk.

Original review: June 16, 2022

How can you freeze my account for withdrawing money and after I confirm it was me? Then you say, "Well it takes 48 hours to unlock.." Here we are 6 days later and still no access to my finances or online banking... Spent hours on the phone waiting to speak to someone only for them to answer the call and then hangup several of times AND supervisors saying they will call me back and no one has. You guys are thieves and I hope you enjoy the letter you will receive from my lawyers, I will be paid out for every hour I go without being able to purchase food to eat or pay my automatic-payees, and the mental stress you have given me and my family. Enjoy!

President's Choice Financial Company Information