2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

3.7/5 (226 ratings)

About President's Choice Financial

President's Choice Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about President's Choice Financial?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

PC Financial is the worst account I have had in all my 49 years of banking. I am horrified at the lack of English speaking customer service staff. It is impossible to get decent service. I opened a saving and checking account. I transferred $900.00 on January 30, 2021. I forgot about the checking account and found out PC Financial closed it after 60 days. The $900.00 that I transferred was lost. I phoned PC Financial service to inquire why the $900.00 was not deposited. I was told it would be deposited in the account within the next hours. WRONG.

I waited until the 1st of February 2021 and called customer service to find out where the funds were. After being transferred to 4 departments and expressing my frustration, the service staff hung up the phone. I waited until Friday, February 5th to follow up to confirm the funds were finally returned to my account. WRONG AGAIN. Once again I was transferred to 4 departments and repeated the same information, name, address, phone number, DOB, by this time I was livid. Angry, I answered each repetitive question by a person who was extremely difficult to understand.

I asked why the money was not deposited yet and where it was. I was told it would be deposited within 24 hours, guaranteed. February 7th I looked into my account and saw the funds were still not deposited. By this time I was furious. It appears they (customer service) are robots and say only what they are trained to say. I was so darn angry that I was getting zero assistance, that I asked to speak to a supervisor, BOOM-they hung up the phone.

I got in my car and drove to the PC Pavilion in Langley, and spoke to "Jesse", she phone "Siras" and demanded to inform me where the funds were. I refused to talk to anyone who I would have to communicate on the phone too. FINALLY, Jesse, had Siras confirm they have no idea where the money is and that they will try to have it in my account by Tuesday, February 9th. I absolutely will close my account once the funds have been deposited. No corporate company should have the right to handle other people's trust along with their money and be treated in such a horrible manner. Mr. Weston, your corporate empire is only an "empire" thanks to all of our purchasing of your product. It's time you review your service and staff and offer better-trained staff.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I had a $19,000 credit limit a week ago. I did an online request to transfer an $8,000 balance from another credit card to this account which had $6,000 owing. I got a call from a PC Financial security specialist confirming that I made the request a couple of days ago. Today, I went to buy breakfast and my PC credit card was declined. I phoned and found out that they had accepted my balance transfer but lowered my credit limit to $7,500 without notification. The supervisors could not be found - maybe still in bed or vacationing in Mexico. So essentially the card is useless to use for PC points.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Terrible experience applying for a M/C - I was sent a card with an approval letter. When I tried to activate it...the account was closed!!! Customer service was useless and their troubleshooting provided zero concrete solutions. Beware of their scam to offer $100 with your first purchase - I regret having given PC Financial any of my personal info. Terrible experience and would never do business with them.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

If you want to sign up for the PC money account, the points are good, but that is the only good thing I have found. There are no cheques. There is not a proper PAD form. You cannot deposit cash into this account through their bank machines. You can only withdraw cash. Tried to set up pre-authorized debit for my ICBC car insurance and ICBC does not even recognize them as a bank so the debits will not come out of my account even though there is money in the account. You still have to have another bank account.

I have my Simplii account and I can deposit money into that account and transfer it by etransfer to my money account, but that is the only way it will work. Also, I have to keep my car insurance through my Simplii account as it appears at this point impossible to set up PAD for this bill through the money account. It has been a big headache and the customer service SUCKS. I honestly wish I had never tried to switch to the money account and I may end up switching completely back to Simplii after all.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I have Master Elite World PC credit card. I have never been late with any payment to anybody since I was born. I have been a customer of PC for over 2 years, never missed any payment, always kept credit limit in good standing. Paid much more than miminum shown. They cut my limit out of the blue from 2500 to 1500 in October 2020. I called and I was told they reviewed my credits. They cut again my limit to 1000 in November without any reason, no call, as in October out of the blue. You can notice once your transaction is declined during purchase. Do not advise to make any business with PC Financial. Bunch of unrespectful losers.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I have had the worst experience with my PC Money Account and the people who represent them. I have had to call them 5 days in a row and at least twice each day because I would get money into my account to pay bills, and I'd look at my account 30 minutes later and $50 is taken off my account with no record of transaction. Money just magically disappears? Then I'm told that money would reflect back onto my account by Monday, it's now Wednesday and I have yet to see that money reflect back onto my account.

I also made a refund yesterday for $36, I go to buy a part for my car and my card is declined... I check my account and the refunded money isn't even on my account! I spoke to representative about this and I'm told the refund would take 7-10 business days to reflect on my account! I north bank with TD and I've made refunds using that card many times before and not once have I had to wait even a day` to receive my refunded money. By far one of the most ridiculous banks out there! I certainly DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I paid for my yearly insurance, >$1500. Then 6 days later they called me and told me they cancelled my insurance. Had to call 3 times to get my money mailed back. I still don't have it back. They have so many staff and no one knows what they are doing.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I would like to tell everyone to be mindful of this company that they provide very consumer service. I have had a card with these people for a number of years and now for no reason they have decreased my limit. Very embarrassing when you think that you have room on your card and it is declined. I am cutting up my card and sending it back to them. Perhaps they should stick to selling groceries and not enter into the financial services which they know nothing about. Oh and their food product quality has greatly decreased. Walmart is better and cheaper. Honestly these guys really suck!!! there are a lot better places who will bend over backwards to earn your business. Shame on you President's Choice Financial services for misleading consumers.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I have been a loyal credit card holder for over 10 years. Now without warning my limit got decreased. When I asked I got a “reviewed your credit....” canned email which they probably send to everyone. The reduction was uncalled for as I have excellent credit with them and my other creditors. Nice way to lose customers.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

The "No Fee" banking is what really attracted me to sign up with PC for the Money Account - along with the points admittedly. I've been a banking customer for about a month. I made the mistake of setting up my direct deposit for my weekly payroll to this account. Only once did it make it in on a Thursday (regular pay day). I had e-transferred to my TD account several times without issue. I sent an e-transfer to my sister; 48hr later and she still hadn't received it.

I called support and they wanted to charge me $3.50 to cancel the transfer. I said "No way!" Obviously it was a technical error and I wasn't cancelling by choice. Customer service is horrible and they put you on hold way more than they will talk to you. I'll keep the account for "recreational" use but definitely wouldn't advise using it for everyday banking; especially if you depend on your payroll being deposited on the day it's supposed to be. Less usage means less need to call customer service - which is useless - unless you're looking for a way to waste 30-60 minutes of your day.

President's Choice Financial Company Information