PayPal Prepaid MasterCard

Compare Prepaid Debit Cards

Research top Prepaid Debit Cards recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Before the MANDATORY switch to PPMC, PayPal was a great service. Since then, whenever I attempt to purchase eBay items with the PPMC, I am unable to do so. What's more frustrating is that I'm unable to inquire about the reason. Have you ever tried contacting PayPal?? It's a nightmare. So, guess what?? I will be closing my PPMC this week.

I have been dealing with PayPal for a few years now and at first was singing their praises. Until up until about April of this year (2016). PayPal has let unauthorized people go into my account, take my money on multiple occasions, even when I didn't owe them. They've made me wait days, and weeks for my refund although it took seconds to allow them to take my money. PayPal has told me, "we'll give you a courtesy and return the money as we investigate your issue", to only reimburse me the money, have it fall off and then I incur all type of fees. I have had to continually call and ask them to remove these fees and explain to them their own process. Also this last instance where my card was stolen August 9th and I still haven't received my new card in the mail on August 29, where they say it takes 7-10 business days. I have even paid 3.95 for my own hoping it would have gotten here by now but nothing.

When I call and speak to customer service, I get answers like "sorry" and "just wait". On Friday, I spoke with a young lady that says "Oh I'm sorry. Let's see if we can get the card expedited to you, then you will receive your card in one to 3 days..." So I'm thinking finally a little help. Guess what. I checked my mailbox and nothing. PayPal is becoming anything but my pal and unfortunately, I now have to reconsider if I should continue my services through my business plus my personal elsewhere. Maybe a real banking institution will appreciate me more!

After 10 days of phone calls and different stories by all different reps and 10 days of patiently waiting while they do an investigation for my refund of over $700, they then say its up to my bank, not them to refund me. Yet the hr before that, a so called supervisor said my bank wouldn't allow the chargeback because of it being a debit card. My bank said they never even tried to do a chargeback. Incompetent, but most of all, they will lie to you and run you around. Got my money back in a few hrs after speaking to bank rep. Closed PayPal acct. Bye Bye.

I am currently in the process of trying to get a charge overturned due to a dispute. IT HAS BEEN AWFUL. There were two separate transactions that were disputed from the same company. Originally, they gave me a provisional credit for the first transaction. On the second, they told me it would be two weeks before a decision was made. Fine. When the time came, they said they had not figured anything out and that I would need to wait another two months! When I first called, I was placed on hold for 15 minutes and had to hang up. The next time, I was again placed on hold and was actually hung up on. When I called again, I asked to speak to a supervisor, and I was on hold for 40 minutes (not a joke) and eventually had to go.

I am a long-standing customer who has done business with PayPal for years. Now I have to wait months for a disputed transaction and there is absolutely nothing anyone there can do about it. I even spoke with the corporate office and got the same runaround. I would highly, highly recommend going with another company. They are brutal to deal with. DO NOT USE PAYPAL PREPAID WHATEVER YOU DO! If you need to speak with someone there, be prepared for the worst customer service you've ever experienced.

The card can be amazingly convenient. Particularly if you are an Ebay Seller, but for most Sellers the standard Debit card should do as well. They both give you access to your PayPal Monies, though the PrePaid. Uses a transfer-in process vs the funds being automatically there as w/ the standard debit card. Also, there's like a $5 overdraft capability built-in which sometimes kicks in and sometimes doesn't. I actually don't like that feature, but it's not removable and so the Prepaid Card is controllable only to a point.

When you transfer any amount in from your PayPal account, it usually goes thru immediately without a hitch. The exception to that was during 2016 Father's Day Weekend when the transfer system was down for almost the whole weekend. The workers didn't know what was happening for numbers of hours, causing false remedy advice. No posted information was given. Note, I use the card for an odd purpose... to help control an alcoholic friend. The outage caused me to need to make an hour's trip and I know the outage caused numbers of inconveniences to others, too. That's when I realized I needed a backup card.

There are other FREE prepaid Debit Cards w/ NO MONTHLY FEES (unlike the $4.95/mo Paypal Prepaid fee. I'm particularly pleased w/ the BlueBird Debit card, an Amex Card that can be ordered for free online. It has some advantage over the Paypal Prepaid in that cards given to family members can be controlled even better than PayPal Prepaid ones. BlueBird lets you easily transfer money from an outside Debit Card in increments of $20 and up to your account, and you can add family members accounts for free. Money can be transferred online instantly to the family member card in any increment. What's more, unlike Paypal Prepaid, money can be transferred easily back out of the family member card. Note though that the card will only be accepted where American Express is accepted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal Prepaid MasterCard?

My card was skimmed somewhere, most likely one of the local banks. Beginning a couple days ago several balance inquiries were attempted daily and I was charged the $.50 balance inquiry fees along with the $1 overdraft fees. I called this morning to see what it was about. They cancelled my card immediately and told me the replacement would be in in 7-10 business days. The fact that they can't ship it out any faster than that for any reason is utter bull phooey. I live paycheck to paycheck, and going 2 straight weeks without any income isn't something I can possibly do.

I understood the initial floor person has their limits to what they can do, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The first person I talked to was great. After being on hold for about 20 minutes (no biggie, expected longer tbh) the supervisor said there was nothing they could do. Told me to borrow money from somebody for the next 2 weeks. I asked why I couldn't get my card shipped out sooner. Was told that it's their policy and there's nothing they can do about it. This person was extremely rude and insulting. I asked to speak with their supervisor. I was put on hold for 40 minutes this time, and then hung up on.

As soon as my card comes in the mail I'm withdrawing all of my money, cancelling my card, and cancelling my PayPal account. I'm also making sure to let friends and family know not to deal with these guys as their customer service is appalling and if something unfortunate does happen, these aren't the people you want to have your back. PayPal was always a decent company to deal with, but these NetSpend jokers are worthless. PayPal going through them means PayPal can't be trusted anymore either.

So there was an unauthorized transaction on my account and I immediately called and reported to user and the rep filed the dispute. I received an email from PayPal prepaid this morning 06/29/16 advising me to log into my account but when I attempted to log in I got a message saying "Contact customer service" which I did only to be told "I'm sorry your account has been closed and you cannot apply for another account." When I asked why the rep said "I'm sorry we can't tell you." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on. I've been a customer of PayPal for over 6 years and to be treated like this is unacceptable. Let's just say my lawyer is on speed dial.

The problem is first and foremost the responsibility of the company who owns the prepaid MasterCard debit card. The initial problem is there are different loading cards they offer for an already existing MasterCard prepaid debit and a new one. At 7-11 where I bought the PayPal load card the box does not specify the different cards and what the difference is and which one we need to buy. I asked the clerk at 7-11 if the card I had in my hand will reload an existing PayPal account. He did not respond in spite of the fact that he knows what the differences are. In fact he made me believe that this card I purchased will work with every PayPal account because it was the only loading card they had. He also knew there were different cards to load and reload. Yet he did not convey this information to me.

When I called to activate the card, the girl I needed to speak to advised me it was the wrong code and in fact cannot attach this temp card to an already existing PayPal account. This twisted relationship between PayPal and 7-11 is GUILT BY ASSOCIATION. This has been going on for over 10 years and still nothing has changed to make this experience easier and get done asap. The girl at PayPal knew the 7-11 clerk would not refund or give me back the money. The account was never confirmed to open and now I am having other problems that should be easy to correct but it complicated, difficult and does not resolve this issue. It has made a simple reload process, incomplete, no access to money and too many other problems.

I know this site says that they verify users and that reviews can be trusted, but after reading some of the reviews about PayPal prepaid MasterCard, I can't help but believe they really don't check anything because some of the things people are saying about PayPal prepaid are simply not true. I know that no company is perfect, but some of the things some of these people are saying are almost comical, just lies. My husband and I have been using PayPal and PayPal prepaid for quite some time now and though there have been 1 or 2 incidents that were inconvenient, the situation was made so much better because PayPal and prepaid fixed the issues quickly and efficiently. One person said that PayPal prepaid claims to have free ATMs, but then charged him $2.50 for it because PayPal said that prepaid was a separate entity... LIES.

We have used ATMs consistently since we got the card and NOT ONCE have we been charged when using the free ATMs listed, nor has any of the 8 people we know that also use this company. Another review said he had an issue with a charge to his card that wasn't him and PayPal gave him all kinds of grief and made him wait for his provisional credit and a few other issues... LIES. PayPal will give you a provisional credit IMMEDIATELY, like within 24-48 hours of you filing the dispute. I found this out when my husband paid a phone bill for a friend and accidently gave the phone company the wrong number causing the wrong account to get their bill paid and not his friend.

PayPal sent us an email the next day after filing a dispute stating that they had given us a "provisional credit" on our account that was available for use now while they investigated the disputed payment, and if they found in our favor, we were good, if not they would charge our card for the money following the investigation of the dispute. We were fine. The phone company fixed it and PayPal let us know that we wouldn't be charged for the credit we had received. Basically PayPal gave us our money back IMMEDIATELY in good faith while they investigated the whole thing.

Customer service has always been more than helpful for everyone that I know that uses PayPal and prepaid. I know that not everyone can get the same result and that there is always going to be one butt when it comes to customer service, but I think a lot of these reviews are bogus, and maybe some are really mad and just made things up to make them look bad. They aren't perfect, but they don't deserve some of these reviews they are getting, especially the lies.

My mother travels overseas ever so often. The same country for the past 10 years, and uses her PayPal debit card. Each time she needs to take her money out at the atm, I have to call PayPal and let them know. Sometimes they will allow the transaction, other times I have to wait hours. Meanwhile, my mother is standing by an atm in a foreign country waiting to access her funds! I will be using another bank that does not need to be notified when I plan on using my money and where. I mean, it's never more than $100, always same card, same country. Her money, not a credit card. Horrible practices.

I've had this card for over 3 years. Before that, I had another through this company for 4 years. I have only 1 complaint. The ATM machine I frequent is 100% free. My direct deposit is in my account by 1pm two days before my payday and I personally haven't experienced lucrative fees for anything. Again my only complaint is after being a customer for so long and having over $1,500 deposited bi-weekly, the maximum I can remove from the ATM is only $300 per day. This may now be my deal breaker when you have bills that must be paid that exceed $300 measly dollars. Otherwise I love the card and can transfer back funds to and from my Paypal account easily and immediately.

I only got this card to make it easy for me to get funds from my PayPal account. 1st issue is they have a tab on their site that says "Free ATMs" so I used one listed to withdrawal money out the account and realize I was still charged so I called and a representative told me that they waive the ATMs' fee that they charge but PayPal prepaid MasterCard still charges $2.50 to withdrawal money. WHATTT?! So how in the heck could you list free ATMs when you are still going to charge customers $2.50. Then GOD FORBID you lose your card because they take 7 to 10 business days to deliver and that's not including the 2 days it takes for them to even order the new card in the 1st place!

Then finally as you can see I'm fed up so I open up a real bank account and try to transfer my funds out, I was told that PayPal MasterCard does not allow customers to transfer funds to another banking institution. Again WHATTT?! How the heck can you tell me when and where I can transfer my funds and actually hold them up? I totally feel like that's borderline a form of stealing to say "you can only use your money with use through us or you can't use it at all?!" BOY I TELL YOU HOW LIVID I AM WITH THIS COMPANY. They couldn't pay me to use their "banking" system and as soon as my new card arrives I will be withdrawing every dime out of that account! I have also obtained a pro bono lawyer who is tearing their company terms and conditions documents to shreds searching for every false advertisement and they can expect a nice lawsuit coming from me!

On the weekend of January 30-31, there were 7 ATM withdrawals from my account that I did not make. I immediately contacted customer service to see what to do next, they told me to go online to file a claim. 10 days later they said that they have not seen any fraud and I asked "Is there any additional documentation". They returned an email stating no based on the activity of the account, they determined that the issue was closed. I then found out that Chase ATM I went around my house had been used to duplicate cards. I call customer service to relay this. After being on the phone for over an hour the agent tells me there is nothing they can do because this issue has been closed. It has cost me over $1400 to learn that this card will not keep your money safe and you are better off with going somewhere else.

I decided to get this card to link to my paypal account. It is a new account, everything was going well until a merchant charged my card twice unauthorized. I called PayPal Prepaid in order to lodge a dispute (with supporting documents) to get my money back. Initially, I was told that it would take 10 business days to get a provisional credit. Before the 10 business days came to a conclusion, I called numerous times asking for my money back because I had a family emergency. On 5 separate recorded conversations, I was told, I would have to wait 10 business days. NOTHING COULD BE DONE. So today, on the 10th business day, I call to get my provisional credit only to be told that I actually have to wait 20 business days to get my funds back (because it is a new account). The representative and supervisor openly admitted that the previous representatives gave me false and incorrect information (its even noted in my account 10 business days).

At this point I am livid because I'm getting different answers and not correct information and being told that it was their fault of the misinformation. What really pissed me off is they know they are wrong but won't honor their word in giving me the provisional credit. Why is it when the credit companies are wrong you have to wait forever and a day? But you when they want your money they take it immediately! I'm highly upset and I'm going to involve my lawyer because THEY ARE DEAD WRONG. Thank God everything was recorded.

I signed up with PayPal Prepaid MasterCard after the RushCard debacle. I currently have a bank account through a major bank but liked the fact that certain prepaid cards can release your Direct Deposit a day or two early. I chose PayPal prepaid, solely for that reason, as they did advertise up to 2 day early direct deposit. I have no other use for a prepaid card. So I adjusted payroll so a small portion would go onto the PayPal card and waited to see how early my Direct Deposit arrived. It MAYBE came 6 or 7 min before my regular bank! No biggie, I decided to cancel the card.

I took everything off with the exception of $11.15 and that's only because I couldn't get it in that denomination at that particular ATM. After the card was cancelled, PayPal was supposed to send me the balance. A month after I cancelled the card, I still received nothing. I called and the person I spoke with said the refund was sent to another address and that they would send a new check out to the correct address and I would receive it in 5 business days. 9 days goes by and I still received nothing from PayPal. I call back and one representative tells me the refund was sent to the incorrect address AGAIN, before putting me on hold then hanging up on me.

I call back AGAIN, the next representative puts me on hold to "verify my address" for 10 whole minutes! In that 10 minutes, I had already called AGAIN and was halfway through the process with ANOTHER agent. This representative tells me that it was in fact sent out but that it doesn't take 5 days, it takes 10 business days. LOL. So basically, I've been waiting to get MY OWN measly $11 from a company that LIED about incentives its cards provide for over 2 months. LOL.

AND THEY STILL CHARGED ME A MONTHLY FEE even though the card had been wiped literally hours after it had been loaded!! The customer service SUCKS, they have clearly outsourced and the reps are literally reading everything they tell you off of a script that they NEVER deviate from. I can't wait until I finally get my little check from this AWFUL LYING company so that I never have to deal with them again.

After having a PayPal Business MasterCard for years, I added a PayPal Prepaid Debit card - and it all went to **. I have spent hours at a time over the past two months trying to get access to both accounts, which were initially set up without difficulty. After about a month, I find my password is invalid - so I try to change to the original password, but I can't - because it's still "valid", it just won't log me in; so, I change to a new password, but it won't work, and I can reuse it because it's - you guessed it! - the last used password.

Got it fixed after days of labor - then, I have to verify my email address on accounts where I've already verified the address, but the system fails every time I try. So after being on hold for many hours, a supervisor finally resets my password, as they can't validate my account through the security questions that I surely entered correctly and have used before, security questions that want to know in what state I lived with my sister - Jupiter, Neptune or Saturn, and finally - security questions I can't answer because THERE AREN'T ANY!!!

From their end, my account works - from my end it doesn't. To hell with it, a system of barter is far more efficient at this point, wampum even more so. Another annoying aspect, of course, is being 30 min. into the conversation with the service rep. when the phone menu suddenly breaks into the line, tells you your card number is invalid, and hangs up on you. Absolutely not worth the aggravation, time, and total loss of your transaction history. Look online and see the writing on the wall - PayPal is dead, dead, DEAD.

I purchased a Paypal Prepaid Card on December 11th and haven't been able to load the funds. Every time I enter the 10 digit number on the card I get error 203. The message ask you to call their customer service but when you reach customer service it tells you the card has been activated but not loaded to your paypal... and sends you back to their dot com account. A vicious circle send you back and forth and you can never speak to a live person. The secret is to stay on the phone and enter # when it calls for the pin. You will do this 3 times and then it will connect you to customer service live person.

I had to send the store receipt, picture of the card front and back and a color photo of govern issued ID... They supposedly take 3 days but it took longer, from Dec 13 -22. They never call or send you a status report. I had to call them everyday. Today I am told they will send me a refund that will take 10-15 days to receive. What a way to use my money for their gain. Awful experience. I will never purchase this card again.

I have been using PayPal Mastercard for years as I buy and sell on eBay; though, the process is simple to pay for something and get paid, everything else is incredibly frustrating and would seem a simple common-sense fix. But nooo! Its been this way forever and Synchrony bank, who provides the credit cards for PayPal is clueless. Honestly, I am utterly STUNNED that PayPal has become the behemoth it is!

First off, if you go to the PayPal summary page, there is a separate part for PayPal Mastercard. On that page it will show your credit available and your balance. So lets say you have a $5000 credit limit and you've spent $400. Obviously, your available credit would be $4600. But directly below that number will be the account balance and the balance will NEVER jive w/ the number above. It may give you a balance from three days ago! Now I understand that things take time to process, but days later, it still does not jive! That's bad.

But there's more. Oh much more.You cannot pay off what you KNOW you owe. In this case, if you wanted to pay what you owe the $400 the system will not allow it. So you can only pay the balance in bits and pieces. I have an Amazon card and other credit cards; not only can you pay it off immediately, you can pay off on a pending transaction. Makes PERFECT common-sense, no? Next, sometimes you see that your available credit is showing a number that doesnt jive/match with your records. For example, if you know you owed $400, the available balance should show $4600 (yes, I know, same example); but then you see the available balance is $4400 but there's NO RECORD ANYWHERE of a $200 transaction. Then you start thinking, Did someone make an illegal charge? What's going on here?

You search all over the PayPal page but find nothing. Then you call PayPal Mastercard which, as most of you know in dealing w/ any credit card company on the phone you're in for an extended wait. They will then tell you what the charge is yup, maybe it was for a purchase you'd forgotten about or an automatic bill pay, whatever... But that's not the point. Why doesn't it show up where one can see it? If a rep can tell me what it is and it's showing in my credit balance, ipso facto, why cant I see the transaction?! Why does it take DAYS for the actual charge to show up if the info is ALREADY in the system? BTW: my example is for one charge; what if the figure is a lot more than $200. How much in a panic are you then?

And... in paying for, say, shipping labels I have printed for an eBay purchase, it will simply say eBay shipping purchase, but besides a zillion numbers alongside it, there will be no record of WHO IT WAS ACTUALLY SHIPPED TO. I can only imagine someone that ships more than a small-timer like me and how frustrating it is to them when they want to double-check on some information. There are more things, but I believe Ive made my point. On every other credit card I have, you can following along like that bouncing red dot on an old-time TV show song as it went along. But oh no, not here! Just plain UNBELIEVABLE!!

I have had a PayPal account now. For a bit often buy or giving a card to add to my account. The past couple of weeks been having trouble loading to account. Getting error 203. You buy these cards to add money to your account just to be giving trouble to add them. You spend your money to do so & not be able to & the store bought from doesn't give refunds. Paypal cash then wants this information & that information just for them to take their time getting your money back to you. Here you are got cards you bought or got for your account and you can't use them. What do these people thinking you just gonna roll over & say, "oh well? I think not!!!"

We don't work for our money, pay for something just for it to be thrown in the wind. Keep saying system may be down. I think not, not for 2 blasted weeks. Either get money on account or sent a blasted refund. These people & the system need to get their act together & stop trying to people off or messing them & their money. This is wrong. We all know it!!!

I have had a Paypal debit Mastercard since its inception many years ago. I sell collectibles on eBay and I've never had an issue accessing my funds via the debit card nor have I had any transaction glitches. I use it for everything from business expenses to groceries to Netflix. I use the card as my primary card on international trips - the most recent being Sept 2015 with no security issues which is more than I can say for my bank card.

I had been with this company for about six months, received direct deposit in my account and used it as my primary source for my 'financial institution' needs. My card number had become compromised and someone started using it clear across the country within 20 minutes of me using it in my home town. (They claim they have a fraud department that monitors this, but when pressed why it didn't work or kick in, they couldn't give me an answer.) The customer service becomes very hostile, difficult to understand and stick to their 'script' and don't give you an answer when you ask specifics. I have been told I have to wait 10 business days for a 'resolution' but my question is, You are backed by an FDIC insured bank, why am I having to wait 10 business days for a resolution and a provisional credit?

Also, you cannot talk with the dispute department. They will tell you over and over that the dispute department will contact you, but in all actuality they never will. I've waited since the 16th of September for one and haven't received it. If you are thinking of signing up for one of these, DON'T! They are not PayPal, they have leased the PayPal name and are doing a terrible job at it.

Anyone considering using PayPal credit - word of advice Don't! My account was moved from BillMeLater to PayPal credit back when they took it over. I have only ever used the account to pay for flights with US Airways - now American. I attempted to purchase some flights about 2 weeks ago using the account - with the purchase being declined by PayPal despite me having 4x the amount of credit available.

Their reason was because of some security verification being required. Fine - ok security that is OK - so I spent around 90 minutes on the phone with them. They said it would be all ok within 3 days - a couple of days later I received an email saying that everything was straightened out. So come today I go to purchase the same flights (albeit slightly more expensive as the clock is ticking on prices), I spend 20 minutes putting the information in for the passengers etc (International flights). Guess what? PayPal credit decide to decline it again. What a waste of time. My answer - account closed - will never use them again!

I have a debit card through PayPal. A week ago I received $362.77 from a reimbursement through medicade. I received it on my debit card from my pharmacy, rite aid. PayPal has placed a hold on my account because I didn't purchase anything that can be refunded. The pharmacy has sent them documentation and still the hold is there. In the meantime I have had my disability check direct deposited into that account and I can't get to that either. So as of today they are holding $796.00 of my money and they will not help me in any way.

I contacted PayPal yesterday 2/10/2015 because my mother sent me $100 and it said both of my PayPal prepaid debit cards where cancelled and I had never cancelled them. I talked to 5 different people the first time and then finally got a supervisor after being put on hold for about 40 minutes. Finally the supervisor opened back up my prepaid account but it was the wrong one. So I called back again to tell them that he opened up the wrong one I told him I had lost the card that was linked to that account. I was told to just go buy another prepaid card so I did. I called to activate it and spoke with another person. They said I'm sorry you can't transfer money on this until 7-10 business days. I was furious at this point.

I asked to speak to another supervisor who was no help at all. Then he said, "Let me put you on a brief hold to see what I can do." I was on hold for an HOUR!!! Then I finally got someone else who said that they could put it in my bank account and it would be there within the hour. It was not. I called back again this time I waited for about 45 minutes only to be told it would take 3-5 business days. Really PayPal?!?! Get your ** together. You are all liars and just incompetent. Maybe PayPal should just have better customer service and better customer service representatives working for them. As soon as my money goes into the bank I WILL BE CANCELLING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

A month ago, I deposited $50 onto my PayPal account to transfer funds to my debit card, where I used my virtual account. Was told the virtual account was down and that I needed my card, which I was never sent. Took them 5 days for me to receive a new card so I could use my funds. 1 month later, after using my card a few times, I deposited $50 again. I was told that I had a new card sent to me with my name on it, and that I needed to activate that card. My balance showed up as $50 on my prepaid account, yet they told me I had .46 cents in it.

After 2 hours and 14 minutes of going from PayPal to PayPal debit and speaking with 9 different people, 4 of which were supervisors, and being hung up on once/disconnected 3 times, I finally spoke with 1 person... to which he got my card activated, but for some reason my funds showed up neither on PayPal or PayPal debit card... At that point, he tried to contact prepaid, but they had closed. I just spent 2 and a half hours being runaround because of incompetence, at which point, they have my funds frozen/don't know what happened? Determination of solving this problem and patience got me absolutely nowhere. It disgusts me how I was treated... And they have no clue where my $50 is at? I'm absolutely befuddled how this could happen to someone.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

PayPal, founded in 1998, is at the forefront of the digital payments revolution. In 2015 the company had 184 million active customer accounts in 200 markets with access to payments 100 currencies. The PayPal prepaid debit MasterCard is available to all PayPal account holders. The card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, a Member of the FDIC.

• ATM Access: The PayPal card can be used to withdraw cash at any MasterCard® ATM for a small fee. The fee is waived when making a withdrawal at an Allpoint ATM.
  • Transaction limits: In compliance with Federal regulations, users can purchase up to $4,999 every 24 hours. Cash withdrawals are limited to $325 per withdrawal and $940 per day.
  • Load from PayPal: Consumers may load funds onto the PayPal debit MasterCard with fund transfer from the linked PayPal Prepaid Card Savings Account. Additional loading can be transacted through the PayPal NetSpeed Reload Network.
  • Free direct deposit: The funds from eight types of government payments, paychecks and tax refunds can all be directly deposited onto the PayPal debit card.
  • Rewards programs: Cardholders can save money when the card is used to pay for qualifying merchandise and services as long as the card is linked to the consumer’s PayPal account. There are more opportunities for rewards through the tiered-rate Bancorp savings account. The Refer-a-Friend program rewards cardholders and their friends each with a $5 bonus.
  • App account management: The app, available for AndroidTM and iPhone®, offers consumers access to their account balance, transactions, alerts and more.
  • Best for PayPal account holders, online buyers and business owners. Also, this card is useful for those with high purchase and cash withdrawal limits.

Compare Prepaid Debit Cards