Pacific Life Annuities

Compare Annuity Companies

Research top Annuity Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I think they could have better customer service, but it is what it is. They could give better feedback too. They want to keep too much of my money. All investments are about the same: making money off what other people work out. The us economy is broken. It will always be the rich get richer and the poorer get poorer. You got to have money to make money.

I had great customer service. They answered all the questions that I had. The customer service overall was outstanding. I did not have any difficulties. The experience was great. The withdrawal was wonderful, had no problems. Very soothing. I was actually very happy that there were no problems. It was great cause I can choose when I want the money to come out monthly, quarterly, etc. and I have the option to cancel whenever I choose to which was great too. I have life insurance which is great for the costs. It was easy to set up, no problems or hassles. I'm glad that I chose this. No I won't worry about future problems.

They were very helpful in setting me up with a program that best suited what I was looking for. They sympathized with my family's loss and helped me the best they could. It was very easy and with only one difficulty the staff helped me figure it out and I never had an issue after it. Thank you customer service crew. I had loads of issues with payout but the staff and customer services were so helpful in showing me how I can pay out online, over the phone and via my account. This was a little iffy for me at first but then once I figured out how funding works I realized I selected the best choice for my annuity.

Very helpful. Always had an answer or explanation that was easy to understand. Very knowledgeable staff and friendly. Being new to this they were extremely helpful to me. I would highly recommend them to any and all. Don't hesitate take a leap of faith. Go with your gut. If you need help it's there for the asking. The withdrawal process is very easy to use. No problem whatsoever. It went smoothly. No issues in my case. A child could do it. Awesome and simple. When you're ready for a withdrawal consider it done. There are many options when it's time for you to choose your payout. There is certainly one to suit your needs. Just make your choice on options that are given to you. It's that simple. There are an ample choices for your funding options. Something for everyone. Review them all then make the choice that fits your needs best.. Read all carefully before making your decision.

The company explains things in plain English so dummies like me can understand them. They answer all questions I have ever asked and I am happy with the company I chose. You can withdraw money in several ways and at certain ages. The company sets up a plan that fits a person's needs and the annuity can be distributed the way the owner wants it. You can take a lump sum and then have monthly payments for the rest of your life. You can have an amount put in to the annuity fund each month to build the fund and have it grow until the age when it starts paying out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Life Annuities?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I wouldn't say that I was overly impressed. I would suggest looking around to find a better company that has more flexibility. I wish I had more information at the time I made the decision.

Was too long of a commitment period before you are vested and are eligible for withdrawal. Too many restrictions on your money, I would therefore not recommend this type of investment. It takes at least five years to become vested and removes the penalty for withdrawal.

I bought a variable annuity, that at age 65 I can start drawing a check every month and has a life insurance clause that will benefit my wife if I should die!

We had a very good experience with this process. The most important thing about any annuity purchase is understanding the product and making sure you have any riders you might need.

The annuity is a nice addition to my portfolio... There is a lot of information to absorb. The fees are a bit high. The penalties for early withdrawal are steep.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company and the 10th largest seller of variable annuities. The company's 145-year history began in California in 1868. The first policy was issued to the founder of Stanford University.

• Corporate responsibility: Pacific Life Foundation has donated more than $84 million to charitable causes in the past 30 years. In addition, the employee volunteer program encourages involvement in over 100 organizations.
  • Tailored information: Pacific Life offers a distinct portal for information focused on needs and issues specific to women.
  • Video library: The comprehensive Pacific Life video library can help consumers better understand their options regarding annuities.
  • Find an Advisor: Annuities are sold through a network of over 850 financial planning firms, securities broker-dealers, and banks. Consumers can locate an advisor online using their zip code.
  • Contact options: Pacific Life annuity holders can contact the company via online web form or by using a toll-free number dedicated to annuity products.
  • Best for Savers, savers plus income generators, retirees and Social Security recipients.

Compare Annuities