3.57/5
  • 1 star
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Get matched with a recommended annuity company
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: April 9, 2017

14 Pacific Life Annuities Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: April 9, 2017

Pacific Life Annuities is willing to help but very often when I have questions, they could not help me find the solutions. It’s always a hassle for me to figure out the problems, but over-all it is okay.

Original review: April 6, 2017

We are old and did not completely understand the annuity. They took advantage of us. We knew that we were locked in for seven years, however they said nothing about the ongoing increase of fees. When we called to question this they were rude at best. So we are stuck with a product we would not have chosen had we been told the truth.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 4, 2017

Pacific Life Annuities is amazing. It’s everything I wanted and more. Their customer service were very helpful in setting me up with a program that best suited what I was looking for, they sympathized with my family's loss and helped me the best they could. The withdrawal was very easy but with only one difficulty. The staff helped me figure it out and I never had an issue after it. I also had loads of issues with payout but the staff and customer services were so helpful in showing me how I can payout online, over the phone and via my account. Funding was a little iffy for me at first but then once I figure out how funding works I realized I selected the best choice for my annuity. Thank you customer service crew.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Pacific Life Annuities take time explaining everything and seem genuinely interested in my satisfaction with their services as well as my success. They make it easy to withdrawal and streamline the process throughout the experience making it enjoyable versus a chore which I am extremely happy with. All the payout option fit in with what I would expect in such a company and cannot speak highly enough for their professionalism and honor throughout the process. It seems to me that their professionalism carries the day and the options mirror that expertise and makes it a joy to deal with them as a company as well as on an individual basis. I would highly recommend them and would guarantee your satisfaction with them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I think they could have better customer service, but it is what it is. They could give better feedback too. They want to keep too much of my money. All investments are about the same: making money off what other people work out. The us economy is broken. It will always be the rich get richer and the poorer get poorer. You got to have money to make money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Life Annuities?

Original review: July 8, 2016

I had great customer service. They answered all the questions that I had. The customer service overall was outstanding. I did not have any difficulties. The experience was great. The withdrawal was wonderful, had no problems. Very soothing. I was actually very happy that there were no problems. It was great cause I can choose when I want the money to come out monthly, quarterly, etc. and I have the option to cancel whenever I choose to which was great too. I have life insurance which is great for the costs. It was easy to set up, no problems or hassles. I'm glad that I chose this. No I won't worry about future problems.

Original review: July 3, 2016

They were very helpful in setting me up with a program that best suited what I was looking for. They sympathized with my family's loss and helped me the best they could. It was very easy and with only one difficulty the staff helped me figure it out and I never had an issue after it. Thank you customer service crew. I had loads of issues with payout but the staff and customer services were so helpful in showing me how I can pay out online, over the phone and via my account. This was a little iffy for me at first but then once I figured out how funding works I realized I selected the best choice for my annuity.

Original review: July 1, 2016

Very helpful. Always had an answer or explanation that was easy to understand. Very knowledgeable staff and friendly. Being new to this they were extremely helpful to me. I would highly recommend them to any and all. Don't hesitate take a leap of faith. Go with your gut. If you need help it's there for the asking. The withdrawal process is very easy to use. No problem whatsoever. It went smoothly. No issues in my case. A child could do it. Awesome and simple. When you're ready for a withdrawal consider it done. There are many options when it's time for you to choose your payout. There is certainly one to suit your needs. Just make your choice on options that are given to you. It's that simple. There are an ample choices for your funding options. Something for everyone. Review them all then make the choice that fits your needs best.. Read all carefully before making your decision.

Original review: June 21, 2016

The company explains things in plain English so dummies like me can understand them. They answer all questions I have ever asked and I am happy with the company I chose. You can withdraw money in several ways and at certain ages. The company sets up a plan that fits a person's needs and the annuity can be distributed the way the owner wants it. You can take a lump sum and then have monthly payments for the rest of your life. You can have an amount put in to the annuity fund each month to build the fund and have it grow until the age when it starts paying out.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

I wouldn't say that I was overly impressed. I would suggest looking around to find a better company that has more flexibility. I wish I had more information at the time I made the decision.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

Was too long of a commitment period before you are vested and are eligible for withdrawal. Too many restrictions on your money, I would therefore not recommend this type of investment. It takes at least five years to become vested and removes the penalty for withdrawal.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I bought a variable annuity, that at age 65 I can start drawing a check every month and has a life insurance clause that will benefit my wife if I should die!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

We had a very good experience with this process. The most important thing about any annuity purchase is understanding the product and making sure you have any riders you might need.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2015

The annuity is a nice addition to my portfolio... There is a lot of information to absorb. The fees are a bit high. The penalties for early withdrawal are steep.

Pacific Life Annuities expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company and the 10th largest seller of variable annuities. The company's 145-year history began in California in 1868. The first policy was issued to the founder of Stanford University.

• Corporate responsibility: Pacific Life Foundation has donated more than $84 million to charitable causes in the past 30 years. In addition, the employee volunteer program encourages involvement in over 100 organizations.

• Tailored information: Pacific Life offers a distinct portal for information focused on needs and issues specific to women.

• Video library: The comprehensive Pacific Life video library can help consumers better understand their options regarding annuities.

• Find an Advisor: Annuities are sold through a network of over 850 financial planning firms, securities broker-dealers, and banks. Consumers can locate an advisor online using their zip code.

• Contact options: Pacific Life annuity holders can contact the company via online web form or by using a toll-free number dedicated to annuity products.

• Best for: Savers, savers plus income generators, retirees and Social Security recipients.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs