3.00/5

Get matched with a recommended annuity company

Get matched with a recommended annuity company

18 Pacific Life Annuities Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 1, 2019

A Stanford Pension Annuity was transferred to Pac Life from Vanguard. It was not requested by me. I have been trying to get the monthly payment moved to a different account for two months. First I called and was directed to the wrong form which I submitted. Then I called and the correct form was mailed to the wrong address. I submitted the correct form but was not told that I then needed to submit another form. Do not deal with this company. Their communication and customer service is terrible.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I got an annuity/pension transfer letter from Pacific Life with instructions on how to create an account. You follow the instructions and keep getting rejection/error messages when trying to create an account. After 6 attempts I give up and call the 800 number. The operator can't help. I keep trying to log in on the website and after 5 more tries the site says call the 800 number. I've been on hold for 20 minutes... finally got an operator... She says she sent me a reset link. It has been 10 minutes and I'm still waiting to receive it. The people on the phone are nice, when you finally get connected, but they admit the website is new to them and they don't have all the tools to correct errors, etc. I'm very upset that my pension is now in the hands of nitwits.

Get expert buying tips about Annuities delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

They will do everything in their power to not give you a direct answer. The poor customer service is an act so they can avoid paying people the money they owe them. Complete crooks. Avoid at all cost!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I was married to my ex for 33 years, most of it in financial hardship. He received a benefit (and I have it in writing) from the company he worked for documenting that they were selling and that his benefit was being used to buy an annuity with Pacific Life. A year after I divorced him, he passed away. Based on that one year, and not the fact that we were married during this benefit transfer, and the fact that our family went without, they kept it!! My ex has a daughter and Pacific Life refused to acknowledge her. I don’t care if they keep the money they made off of his benefit for over 20 years, but I think they are thieves for keeping his earned benefit from his family. There are lots of insurance companies, so find a company that is trustworthy!!!

Original review: April 4, 2017

Pacific Life Annuities is amazing. It’s everything I wanted and more. Their customer service were very helpful in setting me up with a program that best suited what I was looking for, they sympathized with my family's loss and helped me the best they could. The withdrawal was very easy but with only one difficulty. The staff helped me figure it out and I never had an issue after it. I also had loads of issues with payout but the staff and customer services were so helpful in showing me how I can payout online, over the phone and via my account. Funding was a little iffy for me at first but then once I figure out how funding works I realized I selected the best choice for my annuity. Thank you customer service crew.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Life Annuities?

Original review: April 9, 2017

Pacific Life Annuities is willing to help but very often when I have questions, they could not help me find the solutions. It’s always a hassle for me to figure out the problems, but over-all it is okay.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Pacific Life Annuities take time explaining everything and seem genuinely interested in my satisfaction with their services as well as my success. They make it easy to withdrawal and streamline the process throughout the experience making it enjoyable versus a chore which I am extremely happy with. All the payout option fit in with what I would expect in such a company and cannot speak highly enough for their professionalism and honor throughout the process. It seems to me that their professionalism carries the day and the options mirror that expertise and makes it a joy to deal with them as a company as well as on an individual basis. I would highly recommend them and would guarantee your satisfaction with them.

Original review: April 6, 2017

We are old and did not completely understand the annuity. They took advantage of us. We knew that we were locked in for seven years, however they said nothing about the ongoing increase of fees. When we called to question this they were rude at best. So we are stuck with a product we would not have chosen had we been told the truth.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I think they could have better customer service, but it is what it is. They could give better feedback too. They want to keep too much of my money. All investments are about the same: making money off what other people work out. The us economy is broken. It will always be the rich get richer and the poorer get poorer. You got to have money to make money.

Original review: July 8, 2016

I had great customer service. They answered all the questions that I had. The customer service overall was outstanding. I did not have any difficulties. The experience was great. The withdrawal was wonderful, had no problems. Very soothing. I was actually very happy that there were no problems. It was great cause I can choose when I want the money to come out monthly, quarterly, etc. and I have the option to cancel whenever I choose to which was great too. I have life insurance which is great for the costs. It was easy to set up, no problems or hassles. I'm glad that I chose this. No I won't worry about future problems.

Pacific Life Annuities expert review by Jim Blankenship

Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company and the 10th largest seller of variable annuities. The company's 145-year history began in California in 1868. The first policy was issued to the founder of Stanford University.

• Corporate responsibility: Pacific Life Foundation has donated more than $84 million to charitable causes in the past 30 years. In addition, the employee volunteer program encourages involvement in over 100 organizations.

• Tailored information: Pacific Life offers a distinct portal for information focused on needs and issues specific to women.

• Video library: The comprehensive Pacific Life video library can help consumers better understand their options regarding annuities.

• Find an Advisor: Annuities are sold through a network of over 850 financial planning firms, securities broker-dealers, and banks. Consumers can locate an advisor online using their zip code.

• Contact options: Pacific Life annuity holders can contact the company via online web form or by using a toll-free number dedicated to annuity products.

• Best for: Savers, savers plus income generators, retirees and Social Security recipients.

Profile picture of Jim Blankenship
      Jim Blankenship Investments and Retirement Planning Expert

Jim Blankenship is a Certified Financial Planner with over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is the founder and principal of Blankenship Financial Planning, Ltd., has earned the Enrolled Agent designation and is a NAPFA-registered financial advisor. Prior to establishing his independent firm, Jim operated a successful tax preparation service and managed information technology operations for a major financial services corporation. Jim is the author of three books and a contributor to the blog, Getting Your Financial Ducks in a Row.

Pacific Life Annuities Company Information