LendKey is a digital lending partner that helps match community banks and credit unions with eligible borrowers looking for student loans or student loan refinancing. Its services are available nationwide and give consumers access to low-interest loan options.
LendKey is a digital lending partner that matches consumers with community banks or credit unions that have low-cost borrowing options.
- No origination fees
- Works with banks and credit unions
- Specializes in low-cost loans
- Not available in ME, ND, NV, RI and WV
What is LendKey?
LendKey helps borrowers find low-cost loans by matching them with one of more than 13,000 local banks and credit unions. The company helps find lenders for people who need private student loans or student loan refinancing.
Banks and credit unions working with LendKey can offer better rates and terms by using the LendKey digital platform, which automates a large portion of the loan process and reduces overhead. LendKey matches borrowers with potential lenders based on their needs and state of residence. If you’re interested in LendKey’s services, you can visit its website to find out if you’re eligible for one of the loan programs.
LendKey interest rates and loan terms
LendKey offers variable-rate and fixed-rate loan options, and the company doesn’t charge loan application or origination fees. Interest rates, APRs and loan terms vary depending on the type of loan.
- Private student loans: Variable-rate loans start as low as 3.75%, and fixed-rate loans start at 4.86%. Loan terms range from five to 15 years.
- Student loan refinancing: Variable-rate loans start at 1.90%, and fixed-rate loans start at 3.39%. Terms range from five to 20 years.
To be eligible for a student loan using LendKey, a borrower must:
- Borrow a minimum of $5,000
- Maintain part- or full-time student status in a degree-granting program from an eligible school
- Pay $25 a month during college or make interest-only payments
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Have an annual income of $24,000 or $12,000 with a co-signer
To qualify for student loan refinancing, you must be 18 or older and have graduated with an associate degree, undergraduate degree, graduate degree or a doctorate at an eligible Title IV school.
- Is LendKey good for student loans?
- Yes, LendKey’s services are good for people searching for private student loans. If you’re interested in applying for a private student loan or refinancing your existing student loans, visit its website to apply.
- Does LendKey require a co-signer?
- No, LendKey’s loans don’t require a co-signer. However, you could be eligible for a larger loan at a better interest rate by having a co-signer. If you don’t meet the income requirements for LendKey’s student loans, you might consider finding a co-signer.
- Does LendKey have a prepayment penalty?
- No, LendKey doesn’t charge borrowers a prepayment penalty for paying off their loans early.
Is LendKey legit?
LendKey gives borrowers online access to low-interest loans from community banks and credit unions. Its services are ideal for people who are searching for private student loans or who want to refinance their existing student loans at a lower interest rate. If you think LendKey’s services are the right fit for you, visit its website to get started on your loan application.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
LendKey Company Information
- Company Name: