4.9/5 (450 ratings)

About Gravity Lending

Gravity Lending works with lenders nationwide to let you compare loans and customize them to your personal financial needs. There is no charge to use Gravity Lending’s services and work with an experienced loan officer to refinance your auto loan. In addition to auto refinancing, Gravity Lending also offers vehicle service contracts, gap insurance, vehicle protection plans and depreciation and debt protection.

Pros

• Nationwide lending network
  • Rates as low as 1.99%
  • Average savings of $134 a month

Cons

• $10,000 minimum
  • No commercial vehicles

Bottom Line

Gravity Lending offers free comparisons of auto loan refinancing offers. The minimum loan amount is a bit high at $10,000 and it has no options for commercial vehicles, but the fast, secure service and low rates are appealing to many customers.

What is Gravity Lending?

Gravity Lending is an online marketplace where you can compare auto refinancing loan offers from a network of nationwide lenders. The company offers services at no cost to customers, and it provides a fast, secure process. Loans fund in as little as 72 hours with interest rates as low as 1.99%.

The Gravity Lending team has funded over $7 billion dollars in loans and advertises that customers have a total savings average of $2,846.

How does Gravity Lending work?

As an online marketplace, Gravity Lending works as a middleman for refinancing loans. You can use its platform to compare loan options and rates from a wide variety of companies, each of which sets its own rates and terms. You only need to fill out one application, and you'll be assigned a dedicated loan officer to help walk you through the refinancing process quickly and securely. You can upload the few documents needed and sign from your phone.

The online site is easy to navigate and understand, which is a big selling point for many customers. Plus, the ability to compare options at no cost creates more flexibility in pricing and terms. In general, refinancing loans offered through Gravity Lending are available for 24 to 84 months and must be for at least $10,000.

After choosing a loan, you need to provide certain documentation, including proof of insurance and income. Other things needed for approval include a valid driver’s license, vehicle information and proof of residence. After approval, you have between 45 and 90 days before you need to make your first loan payment.

Gravity Lending rates

As a broker, Gravity Lending will shop lenders nationwide to find you the lowest auto refinancing rate possible. Interest rates start at 1.99%, and the company states it saves customers an average of 25% on their auto loan.

You can compare auto refinance rates with only a soft credit pull, which doesn’t affect your credit score. Gravity Lending does not charge any fees for its services.

Gravity Lending FAQ

Does Gravity Lending do a hard credit pull?
Yes, eventually. Before that is done, the company has a pre-qualification process that only requires a soft credit pull, which does not affect your credit. Once you decide on a loan offer, Gravity Lending performs a hard credit inquiry.
Can I choose my Gravity Lending loan term?
Yes. Terms between 24 and 84 months are available. Your personal financial credit situation and other factors will determine the auto refinancing offers you receive.
What documents do I need to provide to refinance with Gravity Lending?
Only a few. You will need to provide proof of income, proof of residence, proof of insurance and your vehicle information including the year, make, model, VIN and payoff on your current loan.
How long does refinancing with Gravity Lending take?
The company states that most applications take about 90 seconds to complete and funding can happen in as little as 72 hours.

Is Gravity Lending legit?

Gravity Lending is a popular company for those who want to compare their auto refinancing options online. Because the services are free and pre-qualifying doesn’t require a hard credit pull, it’s easy to figure out your loan offers. Some vehicle owners might be frustrated to find out that loans start at $10,000 and aren’t available in every state, but many customers find cost savings by refinancing with Gravity Lending.

Gravity Lending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gravity Lending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gravity Lending?

Original review: April 1, 2022

Gravity Lending sent me one of those mailers that knew enough information to be dangerous where it's like, “We know what your car payment is today. And this is what it could look like.” They got me and I went for their refinance. Their application process was so easy and was what I expected in today's world. That was best in class. It was all over the phone and they gave me one little to do. We had to go get something notarized, which was a little bit of pain and I wish there was software like a DocuSign system around that. That was the one little thing that I wish that they could have made a little easier. Other than that, the guy that was working with me was great. His name was Justin.

The process took two or three weeks max, which wasn’t super long. The deal that I got was 100% better than the deal I was doing with Bank of America. My net promoter score for Bank of America is a negative net promoter score. I’ll be a net promoter score positive for Gravity. They're doing good things out in the world and they cut my bill in half. Other companies should look to Gravity and go, “What are they doing? Their customers are going, Wow, that was great.” Gravity was fantastic and I would absolutely recommend them to other people.

Gravity Lending response

That's an awesome review about Justin!! We are thrilled to hear this! We would be honored to help your friends and family too, so you now qualify to receive $100 for every person you help. Just make sure they mention your name and when their loan funds, expect to get $100 for every person you send. Thanks again!

Get buying tips about Car Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2022

After receiving a notice in the mail that I typically ignore, but for some reason I visited the website for Gravity to try for about the fifth time to refinance my 15%! auto loan. After the death of my husband and the resulting medical bills, I was desperately in need so took out a loan on my paid off auto from my credit union. My credit score had tanked with the loss of my husband's income so my interest rate was high. I also assisted my disabled son's family to purchase a decent vehicle but was only able to get a loan with a predatory lender due to my credit situation. I tried unsuccessfully to refinance my loans with my credit union in January, and other offers were bogus.

After filling out the form on the Gravity website, I was contacted by Cory. He took all the information and reached out to lenders and received a 'no' answer. After hearing my story, though, Cory wasn't done. He went above and beyond to find a lender that would refinance my vehicles at the best interest rates I had seen in a long time. He related my story and found a lender with a heart. Both vehicles were refinanced saving about $100 month on each vehicle. This is a tremendous boost to both my and my son's extremely tight budgets. Thank you Gravity for hiring such extraordinary people that will work hard to help your customers!

Gravity Lending response

Thank you so much for the kind words about Cody. We really work hard to make sure every one of our clients has a great experience and saves as much as possible. Don't forget, if you refer people you know directly to us, when their loan funds, you'll get $100 for EVERY person you sent. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

It was beyond perfect with Gravity Lending. They didn't force me to do anything. They answered all my questions and were painless. The last company that I went with, it was about four months that I had to provide paperwork and documentation. Then they told me I was denied. With Gravity Lending, it was a five-day process where they did all the legwork for me. The rep was amazing. He kept me well informed. He went to bat for me so I enjoyed this experience. However, I got a letter from the company that I got approved through that I was denied but I've already made two payments. It could be the first application when I applied by myself. The rep had me redo it with my wife ‘cause I forgot to add her.

I've been trying to do this for three years but couldn't get it approved through anybody. All of a sudden, Gravity Lending came along and I got approved. Then I got reapproved. Magically, everything else opened up for me. I was able to get a loan and pay off some debt. My credit score went up. My interest rate now is 11, and it used to be 19. My payment went from almost 600 down to 203.

Gravity Lending response

That's an awesome review!! We are thrilled to hear this! We would be honored to help your friends and family too, so you now qualify to receive $100 for every person you help. Just make sure they mention your name and when their loan funds, expect to get $100 for every person you send. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I've called about every one of those people that were advertising to refinance to save you money on your payments and when I called Gravity, they were the only ones that really were legit about what they were doing. And the guys that helped me were top-notch. They walked me through the process, told me exactly what was going to happen, got me approved the first day, and closed me out within two days after that. I deal with a lot of people over the phone and having somebody that can give good customer service over the phone is a challenge for most people. But they nailed it, so I got nothing but kudos for those guys. They did what they said they were going to do and the process was easy. Now, I'm saving about $230 a month on my truck payment.

Everything they did exceeded my expectations and if somebody’s skeptical about what Gravity can do for them, I'll take a phone call any time and talk to the individual. Because I'm a very skeptical person and most of the time, when you get stuff in the mail they're trying to sell, it's too good to be true. But that's not the case with Gravity Lending. If you meet the criteria, you can get refinanced at a lower rate. I don't refer stuff often, but I have no problem recommending them to other people.

Gravity Lending response

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I had a cool experience with Gravity. Everything went like Carla told me it would. She was very helpful and patient. She explained everything beautifully. She did a wonderful job. However, I had questions about the paperwork that they send after they approve you to get it set up. It wasn't clear what I needed to do for the setup. She told me to expect an envelope with papers to sign. But when I got the envelope, it was no papers to sign. It was something I needed to call in and do online and I'm not that online savvy.

I needed more assistance. I was interested in keeping my payments on time. I was trying to set up automatic deductions from my account. But it wasn't clear on how to do it. You have to go through automated. Nobody was there to tell me step-by-step. I believe I did it right, but there was no confirmation. There wasn't, “You completed.” There was no way for me to know. I wish they would just call me back. I really want a confirmation that everything's gonna run smoothly because I can't have anything more impacting my credit right this minute and late payments do that.

Gravity Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience with the review community. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me at eluft@gravitylending.com so we can get this resolved. My name is Emma, and I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2022

I had a great experience with Stephanie Wycuff working on my refinance. She was quick and super professional and kept me informed every step of the way. Gravity Lending provided a rate and did not change it after running my credit. I highly recommend it!

Gravity Lending response

Thank you so much, we love to hear this kind of feedback! Stephanie works hard to be helpful and knowledgeable, so this review is much appreciated. Enjoy the savings and don't forget, you can now get paid $100 for EVERY person you refer when their loan funds. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Justin was really helpful throughout the whole refinance process. He made things quick and easy and was very friendly. I will recommend him to anyone I know looking to refinance their auto loan. I chose Gravity Lending because they had the best rates and great service.

Gravity Lending response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Justin. We work hard to create a great experience for all of our customers. Enjoy the new loan savings and don't forget, you can now get paid $100 for EVERY person you refer once their loan funds. Thanks again!

Original review: May 13, 2022

Gravity Lending is the best around! Searched around and they gave me the best rate! No stress with dealing with them all thanks to Zachary ** my loan officer! And the total time to switch lenders was way less than expected!

Gravity Lending response

Thank you so much for the kind words about Zachary. We really work hard to make sure every one of our clients has a great experience and saves as much as possible. Don't forget, if you refer people you know directly to us, when their loan funds, you'll get $100 for EVERY person you sent. Thanks again!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Fast, good, fair and easy. Quin was good to me and very professional. It made it easy to understand the process and made me feel comfortable about my decision. I definitely will recommend friends and family to refinance here.

Gravity Lending response

That's an awesome review about Quin!! We are thrilled to hear this! We would be honored to help your friends and family too, so you now qualify to receive $100 for every person you help. Just make sure they mention your name and when their loan funds, expect to get $100 for every person you send. Thanks again!

Original review: May 12, 2022

We refinanced our vehicle and had a wonderful experience. Edwin from gravity lending was so helpful. We saved over $100 on our payment every month. Highly recommend! You won’t regret using them. Just wish we could have done it sooner!

Gravity Lending response

That's an awesome review about Edwin!! We are thrilled to hear this! We would be honored to help your friends and family too, so you now qualify to receive $100 for every person you help. Just make sure they mention your name and when their loan funds, expect to get $100 for every person you send. Thanks again!

Gravity Lending Company Information