4.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Get expert advice
Answer a few questions to find a great financial advisor.
FIND MY ADVISOR

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

8 Franklin Templeton Investments Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Franklin Templeton Investments was an all inclusive service that helped walked you through the process right from the time you are considering an adviser through the sign up process and guiding you through bigger decisions as you go on. For anyone thinking of using an online adviser, it's a very easy process that can seem intimidating when you first get involved.

But as you learn you are walked through the process with kid gloves really answering any questions you may have no matter how small. If I could have my way I would like for the process to be a little more personalized in terms of dealing with essentially the same person through the process so they know me and my wants and needs. Overall, I find them efficient, effective, and thoughtful.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

They are a great company that has helped me make a lot of money over the years with sound financial advice. They are a stable company that make me feel like my investments are safe. It's very easy to use and they help you maximize your time and profits. Log in and check them out, you can also navigate to all of the high performing investments and really hit the ground running. I see a long future with them as partners.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Site is easy to navigate and someone is always readily available if I have a question. If unsure about anything someone is always available... In a recent occurrence, I talked to a rep named Tammy. I wasn't understanding the fees I would get from withdrawing some money from my 401K. She took the extra time and was very helpful. I appreciate that in a company. But Franklin could maybe have quicker response on the social connect page. One time last year the page stalled a bit. Other than that no problems.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The website is easy to use and well tabbed out. It has a lot of useful information but 99% of it is just what they want to tell me and harder to find the information that I want to know. It has been easier to email or call about some information that would be customize to me and I wish the search section worked better. I have always appreciated Franklin Templeton’s perspectives on investment. The part that I liked, especially when I was starting out, was that I was able to create hypothetical portfolios. This helped to see how things may or may not work for me without using real money.

Franklin Templeton is informational but not individualized. But I would like to see more alerts and suggestions about underperforming stocks and mutual funds. I see plenty of recommendations but not enough of a way to be warned about investing in low performers. Diversifying my portfolio can only help so much if I make crucially bad investments that I could have been about.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Franklin Templeton’s service is convenient, knowledgeable, trustworthy and using it is pretty simple. Once you have an account with them, all you do is go to their website and log in to your account and from there you can see your investments and portfolio. You can chat with an adviser online and they will help you what you are trying to accomplish, whether it be an investment that you want to make or if you want to make a plan for your investments.

I get all of the information that I need from the comfort of my home or at work and there is no need for me to take a big chunk of my time out of one of my days to go meet with them. On top of that, they provide quality advisement and I have been happy with their plan and recommendations. However, their online platform could be improved and made more user-friendly. There are times when I have to search for something like an investor’s tool and feel that it should have been in a more accessible location. Also, they could improve their service by offering a video chat service for 24 hours a day or at least extended hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Franklin Templeton Investments?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Franklin Templeton Investments has a very nice financial website that has customer service from time to time and also is categorize in a very easy way to understand! I like the convenience that you have someone that can help you in every type of concern you have financially, and also good advice to break down things that need to done. But I don’t like the time in which operate. It's a bit inconvenient for me and also for people that work around those hours. Also the customer service need to improve in many ways especially in the way to communicate with consumers.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I like how easy it is to navigate and use it. I really like the layout of the website and how fast it is. I like how they have a mobile application also. Also, I like the wide variety of options like how they have many mutual funds to explore. I would like to improve the mobile application, though, to make it more nicer with greater designs.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

They care about my financial future. They sit down with you and have a one on one consultation to figure out the best solution for you and your family's needs and the best approach. They are not pushy or are they aggressive. They are understanding and they offer the advice that is best for you. What was helpful is that before they recommended any services to me they first asked me questions about my goals as far as what am I saving and how much do I want to have in a certain amount of time which helped me make realistic goals that they were willing to help me achieve. They also have great recommendations on their website which makes financial decisions easier to make and when I need more guidance I can also call and speak to a representative. I had and are having a incredible experience.

Franklin Templeton Investments expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Franklin Templeton Investments was founded in the 1940s by Rupert H. Johnson Sr. and named after Benjamin Franklin. The company serves individual investors, institutional investors, financial advisors and registered investment advisors. The company has separate websites for the institutional investor and the registered investment advisor. Franklin Templeton serves clients across the globe.​

• Services: Franklin Templeton serves its clientele with a range of investment planning tools including closed-end funds, exchange traded funds, small business retirement plans and separately managed accounts. The company offers solutions for college funding and other life goals.

• Products: Franklin Templeton Investments is home to scores of investment funds representing the cash, equity and fixed income markets Their investments are sold to individuals as well as through financial advisors. Their strategies include multi-asset, alternative and Franklin Templeton solutions.

• Educational and client resources: The company’s “Investor Tools” section is categorized according to investor education, financial conversations and investor behavior. The company also offers calculators, apps and research (insights) reports.

• Investment philosophy: Since 1947, the firm has been dedicated to delivering exceptional asset management for institutional, retail and high-net-worth clients.

• Best for: The newly wealthy, those experiencing family and/or household changes and the financially unsavvy.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg