Direct Bullion USA

Orion Metal Exchange

Orion Metal Exchange Reviews

Get Started

About Direct Bullion USA

True Gold Republic, originally a small family office in the U.K., has since expanded its operations to the U.S., with branch locations in Miami and Los Angeles. As a comprehensive precious metals firm, True Gold Republic sells gold and silver for personal collections or individual retirement accounts (IRAs). The company extends a $50 discount on any order to veterans.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • $50 veteran discount
    • Guaranteed buyback program
    Cons
    • No online pricing
    • No platinum or palladium

Gold and other precious metals are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

Our editor’s take on True Gold Republic

True Gold Republic doesn’t post its prices or fees on its website, so it's difficult to fully compare it to other gold IRA companies. While it is an option for IRA-approved metal purchases or for setting up a self-directed IRA, if you were looking for platinum or palladium or rare/vintage coins, Direct Bullion will not satisfy those needs.

We appreciate that True Gold Republic gives out a free precious metals IRA kit to help educate new investors. The $50 discount for veterans is also a perk, since precious metal purchases don’t usually come with recurring discounts.

How does True Gold Republic work?

When you are ready to order or set up a self-directed IRA, you will need to contact True Gold Republic directly. When you open an IRA with True Gold Republic, you will select from one of its trusted custodians and designate True Gold Republic as your dealer.

While True Gold Republic has some of its products and information on its website, expect to conduct most of your business over the phone, or in person if you are near one of its brick-and-mortar locations.

True Gold Republic products

True Gold Republic offers gold and silver bullion in the form of coins, bars and rounds. It also offers a self-directed IRA in which you can keep IRA-eligible precious metals.

• Precious metals IRA: True Gold Republic gives customers the option to invest in precious metal IRAs. Currently, it offers gold and silver IRAs.
    • Gold: True Gold Republic offers gold coins, rounds and bars.
    • Silver: Invest in silver coins, bars and rounds.

True Gold Republic fees

You will need to call the company to find out the current price of each coin bar or round. However, it does offer a live price ticker on its website, so you can be sure you are getting market value when you buy.

Typically, setting up a gold IRA comes with other fees, such as a setup fee, an annual fee and a storage fee, but True Gold Republic does not state on its website how much these fees are.

True Gold Republic FAQ

How can I sell my gold and silver to True Gold Republic?

To sell your gold and silver to True Gold Republic, you'll need to get in touch with an account manager. You can do this by calling its customer service line.

Where does True Gold Republic ship from?

True Gold Republic does not mention where it ships from; however, it has locations in Los Angeles and Miami.

Does True Gold Republic offer any money-back guarantees?

While the company does not disclose its return policy, it promises that every shipment will be insured with discreet shipping. It also says it will give you a fair market offer on your gold when you sell it back.

Is True Gold Republic legit?

Yes, True Gold Republic was established in 2015 and says it has served 12,000 clients and processed over $117 million worth of transactions. All purchases are insured during shipping, so you are covered if anything happens to your package while it’s on the way.

Direct Bullion USA Reviews

Stars Rating

• 78%
    • 22%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Bullion USA?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Bullion USA?
      Staff

Reviewed March 7, 2024

I was mildly interested in putting my savings into metals. So I went online as made a few requests with various companies, one being Direct Bullion/True Gold Republic. I spoke with several people while researching gold. The team at True Gold was so helpful and not pushy like the majority of the other companies I spoke with. They helped me to realize many reasons I wasn't even aware of why I wanted to own metals and in particular silver. I thought the whole time only gold but Jonathan ** really took his time explaining things to me. Overall it was an amazing experience. After working with the gentlemen at True Gold Republic there's absolutely no one else that I would even consider buying metals from moving forward. AAA+++

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

I like the availability of the people at Direct Bullion. I could call and speak to someone immediately. If they were busy, they'd get back to me in short order. But there could have been better communication in regards to the products that I ordered in their delivery. I spent $75,000. When I would go to the depository to see if everything was there, there were some products that hadn't been delivered yet, but that wasn't communicated to me. Once Direct Bullion found out that the product had been delayed, that could have been conveyed. Also, their website could use some work. They've got one website then they have another one when you do forward slash USA. If they could make it one instead of being split like that, that'd go a long way. But our rep, Oscar, has been fantastic. I would recommend Direct Bullion to friends or family looking to preserve their wealth.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2023

Direct Bullion's reps kept calling so their persistence stood out. They helped me first with my IRA and once I felt comfortable, I got some for myself. It was positive enough to where I told my family members and even my husband. It wasn't anything in Direct Bullion's control about how long it took. It was the IRA company that I had. They were slow on moving.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2023

I bought precious metals through Direct Bullion and it was easy as pie. I was fortunate enough to meet on the phone with a gentleman by the name of Sam, and he took me through what was available and gave me a couple of hints on how to invest. I took that information, checked it out through other sources, and went back to him, and it's been fairly well. Sam is the one I most work with. There have been others too, but when I pull a checkbook out, I talk to Sam. All in all, the reps have been very patient with me and gave me a lot of information to work with, and it's been a real square deal. They did what they said they were gonna do.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

I called them up and talked to one of their guys there and he explained to me why I should be investing in the metals as opposed to anything else and it made perfect sense to me. I enjoyed working with them very much. They were very informative. I worked with multiple people and it was great because they pissed me off and, as they did, they said, "I will be here. If you need to talk to me, I'm still here. If you have any questions, we're all on the same team. So, don't worry about not talking to me." One of the gentlemen there, Tony, was extremely knowledgeable in metals and he taught me a lot about metals and I learned a lot from him. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I'm very happy with True Gold. My experience was fair.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2023

They were very kind and patient with me. My rep Brian was exceptional. He called me back when I would call. He has the patience of anyone I've ever known. I called him about different things. I gave him the wrong address and so the money was sent back. It was counted and sent back out. He kept track of everything and let me know. I recommend Direct Bullion.

Price

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

I talked to a salesman at Direct Bullion and he explained what I needed to know. I made a purchase and they sent me confirmation. It was a very simple process. The representative was good at updating when gold and silver prices were up or down.

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

Buying from Direct Bullion is easy. I like that I have control of the gold and silver that I buy and it's in my possession.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

Direct Bullion USA Company Information

Direct Bullion USA
          www.truegoldrepublic.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: