Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
  2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

Debt RX

Debt RX
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Debt Settlement Group (Debt Rx) helps individuals discover the proper debt relief solution that matches their needs. As one of the most reliable, trusted, and experienced debt settlement service providers and debt negotiators in business, Debt Rx is recognized as a leader who's goal is to always help people become and remain financially stable.

BOTTOM LINE

Debt Rx is a long-operating, trusted debt relief company. The company doesn’t offer service in every state, but it offers free consultations and can help you get out of debt.

PROS

• No upfront fees
  • Spanish-speaking representatives
  • Free consultation

CONS

• Does not help with secured debt

Top Debt RX Reviews

Professional, courteous and customer oriented. My highest recommendation for this company. They will go out of their way to assist you. The value for the cost is unbeatable. The Customer Service representatives are among the best I have worked with.

When my bills became more than I could afford, Debt Rx consolidated my credit cards, medical, and personal loans into a payment plan that I could afford. Now I can relax and enjoy myself a little bit more without having to be as cautious about spending a little extra, yet still pay down my debt.

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

What is Debt Rx?

Debt Rx was founded in 1998, making it one of the longest-operating debt negotiation and debt settlement companies in the U.S. It is available in 43 states and Washington, D.C. The company employs a team of debt negotiators with years of experience in consumer credit, debt settlement and debt negotiation. The company has Spanish-speaking representatives available.

Debt RX is a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC).

Debt Rx services

Debt Rx helps clients who are struggling to pay their bills or attempting to eliminate debt. It offers debt negotiation, debt settlement, debt consolidation loans and interest rate reduction programs. These processes potentially reduce a client’s loan balances and interest payments, helping them pay off their debts.

Debt Rx’s debt negotiation and settlement plans can help pay off debts arising from the following transactions:

• Credit card usage
  • Unsecured personal loans
  • Unsecured personal lines of credit
  • Other unsecured loans
  • Medical bills
  • Repossessed vehicles
  • Collections

Debt Rx offers an online calculator where clients determine how much they will pay during their lifetime without a settlement program. The company also has an online dashboard where customers can easily manage their accounts.

Debt Rx debt settlement and debt negotiation services

Debt Rx’s goal is to negotiate better repayment terms for you. The company aims to reduce your loan balance and interest rate so the amount you pay is less than the total amount you currently owe. Debt Rx’s programs are based on your personal and financial situations, what’s affordable to you and what your creditors accept during negotiation.

You can qualify for debt negotiation and settlement plans if you’re experiencing financial hardship caused by illness, disability, a death in the family, job loss, business failure or other life-changing events that make it difficult for you to pay. People who simply wish to reduce or get out of debt may also qualify.

Your Debt Rx negotiator asks a few questions and inspects your financial records to prove your hardship. Based on your current income and what you’re willing to pay, your negotiator will recommend the best option for you. If you enroll in a debt settlement program, you’re also asked to open a bank account to fund the program.

Every debt situation is unique, and creditors have differing policies on debt settlement. If debt settlement is not the right option for you, Debt Rx offers a learning center where the company’s team reviews your situation and walks you through the benefits of other debt management options, including:

• Reducing payments
  • Credit counseling
  • Private financing
  • Refinancing
  • Consolidation loans
  • Bankruptcy

Debt Rx FAQ

How does Debt Rx work?

Debt Rx’s debt settlement program is not for everyone. The company requires a minimum debt of $10,000 for clients who want to take advantage of the debt negotiation and settlement option. The company cannot guarantee that your debt will be reduced to a specific amount or percentage, but Debt Rx does not charge any fees until a settlement is reached.

If you’re struggling with debt and want to explore Debt Rx’s services, call the company for a free consultation. Debt Rx’s representatives ask some questions and present your debt relief options. If you qualify, you make monthly payments into a bank account set up for debt settlement purposes and the company’s employees negotiate with your creditors for a settlement you can afford.

How much does Debt Rx cost?
Debt Rx charges fees that range from 15% to 25% on the amount of total debt owed, depending on your specific situation. Fees may vary from state to state.

Clients who adhere to the monthly program payments typically pay approximately 50% of their total debt before fees. After fees are charged, they pay 68% to 75% over 24 to 48 months.

How does Debt Rx affect your credit?
You’ll likely see a decrease in your credit score while in Debt Rx’s debt settlement program since it requires you to stop paying directly to your creditors during the negotiation period.

While debt relief programs may create a temporary setback on your credit score, paying off your debts with a negotiated settlement can gradually improve your credit score over time. This is much better than declaring bankruptcy.

Do we recommend Debt Rx?

Debt Rx is one of the longest-operating and trusted debt relief companies. The company’s years of experience, accreditations and money-back guarantee make customers confident. We also like that Debt Rx employs Spanish-speaking representatives. For these reasons, we recommend Debt Rx to people who are struggling to settle their debts and want to work toward a less stressful financial situation.

Debt RX Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I found the people within the company to be very personable, helpful and very detailed to accuracy. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family. I was able to get three of my creditors paid off in a short amount of time and for less than what I owed. Thanks to your negotiating on my behalf. I have one debt left to pay off but due to home repairs I had to quit the Debt RX program. I would definitely use you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Making the decision to enter into this program was a very difficult one. The staff at Debt Rx reassured me everything would be fine. If I ever had creditors calling and harassing me, Kevin would take care of the situation immediately and the calls would stop. It has been a long three years, however, it has been totally worth it. I would highly recommend using this program to get out of the situation I was in.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have been clients of DSG for almost two years. We were struggling with a load of debt for many years and had found no path to lead us to out of the credit card habit, until now. Debt settlement was something we knew nothing about. We were talking with a banker, friend and she suggested we give it a try. I called you, after reading several adds in the yellow pages. The person with whom I spoke that day, was very kind, understanding and informative. After mulling it over, we decided to investigate it further. Finally we decided to give it a try.

Since that time, everyone we have spoken with has been very helpful and always quick to answer our questions. There is a person I have dealt with repeatedly. Her name is Tyria. She has always gone out of her way to give me information answer any questions, clarify information and all in her professional, and kind manner. I hope you appreciate her, as I do. I will end this by saying, we will soon finish our time with you. We will not hesitate to to recommend this process, and DSG to anyone in need of your special help.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Debt RX helped me consolidate three credit card loans that I could barely make minimum payments. In less than 2 years, I am completely debt free and can now work on my credit rating. They gave me clear information and working with them was simple. Communication was key and I am very pleased Their level of professionalism.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had a couple of major surgeries and that put me behind with stuff. I also had to rescue my daughter from her husband that she didn't know was on drugs. Kevin from Debt RX kept calling and asked me to give him 15 minutes and I gave him that. When he explained things to me, it took another 15. I put my heart into the hands of Debt RX and got started with them. And I am glad I did. They've been so good to me.

They made the process very easy. All I had to do was follow through on everything they asked me that I needed to do and I did. I started with them in 2013 on the debt thing. I was never late on a payment at any time. Once they explained to me that they try to settle then once the settlement is reached, it goes either through a judge or a lawyer. About half of them went to a judge that made the agreement. During my time with Debt RX, I never got a threatening phone call. The program ended a couple of weeks ago. Kevin came back on the phone and talked to me. He congratulated me. He told me that most people won't even ever pay their debts and would just keep trying to run. In my case, I did nothing wrong. Debt RX tried, in my benefit, to talk to all the people and explain to them. They just said okay.

It takes a while to get stuff settled and I have the utmost respect for Debt RX. I told my friends that if they have problems, they need to go to and talk to Kevin. They can't have anything in collections. I told Kevin yesterday that through the years I referred five people to them. He asked for their names but I couldn't do that because I made a promise to those people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)?

Original review: March 31, 2020

Debt RX is a good settlement group to help out people who in need of debt relief and debt-free. I recommend this company to work with whatever debt situation you are in. They are doing a good job to build up your scores.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I’m just starting the process of getting debt free with this company. Looking forward to working with You guys. You have a great team working for You! I worked with a guy named Josh ** and helped me answer any and all questions getting the process started. I am very grateful.

Original review: March 14, 2020

They were the best debt company I know of. Very helpful with everything. Always answered my question. They were extra nice. Never a foul word. They were always there when you called to ask them anything. They were great so if in debt I would call them back.

Original review: March 6, 2020

DebtRX was wonderful to work with. I had several account managers assigned to my account over the program; however, I was still able to reach customer service who directed me in the right direction each time. It is great to be debt free.

Original review: March 3, 2020

They were really awesome to work with. They helped me in so many ways. They helped me get out of debt and helped me with the creditors so thank you so much. I would recommend them to everyone and I will.

Debt RX Company Information

Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)
    5257 Buckeystown Pike #127