4.91/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Debt Settlement Group (Debt Rx) helps individuals discover the proper debt relief solution that matches their needs. As one of the most reliable, trusted, and experienced debt settlement service providers and debt negotiators in business, Debt Rx is recognized as a leader who's goal is to always help people become and remain financially stable.

BOTTOM LINE

Debt Rx is a long-operating, trusted debt relief company. The company doesn’t offer service in every state, but it offers free consultations and can help you get out of debt.

PROS

• No upfront fees
  • Spanish-speaking representatives
  • Free consultation

CONS

• Does not help with secured debt

Top Debt RX Reviews

06/26/2019

Professional, courteous and customer oriented. My highest recommendation for this company. They will go out of their way to assist you. The value for the cost is unbeatable. The Customer Service representatives are among the best I have worked with.

08/10/2019

When my bills became more than I could afford, Debt Rx consolidated my credit cards, medical, and personal loans into a payment plan that I could afford. Now I can relax and enjoy myself a little bit more without having to be as cautious about spending a little extra, yet still pay down my debt.

What is Debt Rx?

Debt Rx was founded in 1998, making it one of the longest-operating debt negotiation and debt settlement companies in the U.S. It is available in 43 states and Washington, D.C. The company employs a team of debt negotiators with years of experience in consumer credit, debt settlement and debt negotiation. The company has Spanish-speaking representatives available.

Debt RX is a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC).

Debt Rx services

Debt Rx helps clients who are struggling to pay their bills or attempting to eliminate debt. It offers debt negotiation, debt settlement, debt consolidation loans and interest rate reduction programs. These processes potentially reduce a client’s loan balances and interest payments, helping them pay off their debts.

Debt Rx’s debt negotiation and settlement plans can help pay off debts arising from the following transactions:

• Credit card usage
  • Unsecured personal loans
  • Unsecured personal lines of credit
  • Other unsecured loans
  • Medical bills
  • Repossessed vehicles
  • Collections

Debt Rx offers an online calculator where clients determine how much they will pay during their lifetime without a settlement program. The company also has an online dashboard where customers can easily manage their accounts.

Debt Rx debt settlement and debt negotiation services

Debt Rx’s goal is to negotiate better repayment terms for you. The company aims to reduce your loan balance and interest rate so the amount you pay is less than the total amount you currently owe. Debt Rx’s programs are based on your personal and financial situations, what’s affordable to you and what your creditors accept during negotiation.

You can qualify for debt negotiation and settlement plans if you’re experiencing financial hardship caused by illness, disability, a death in the family, job loss, business failure or other life-changing events that make it difficult for you to pay. People who simply wish to reduce or get out of debt may also qualify.

Your Debt Rx negotiator asks a few questions and inspects your financial records to prove your hardship. Based on your current income and what you’re willing to pay, your negotiator will recommend the best option for you. If you enroll in a debt settlement program, you’re also asked to open a bank account to fund the program.

Every debt situation is unique, and creditors have differing policies on debt settlement. If debt settlement is not the right option for you, Debt Rx offers a learning center where the company’s team reviews your situation and walks you through the benefits of other debt management options, including:

• Reducing payments
  • Credit counseling
  • Private financing
  • Refinancing
  • Consolidation loans
  • Bankruptcy

Debt Rx FAQ

How does Debt Rx work?

Debt Rx’s debt settlement program is not for everyone. The company requires a minimum debt of $10,000 for clients who want to take advantage of the debt negotiation and settlement option. The company cannot guarantee that your debt will be reduced to a specific amount or percentage, but Debt Rx does not charge any fees until a settlement is reached.

If you’re struggling with debt and want to explore Debt Rx’s services, call the company for a free consultation. Debt Rx’s representatives ask some questions and present your debt relief options. If you qualify, you make monthly payments into a bank account set up for debt settlement purposes and the company’s employees negotiate with your creditors for a settlement you can afford.

How much does Debt Rx cost?
Debt Rx charges fees that range from 15% to 25% on the amount of total debt owed, depending on your specific situation. Fees may vary from state to state.

Clients who adhere to the monthly program payments typically pay approximately 50% of their total debt before fees. After fees are charged, they pay 68% to 75% over 24 to 48 months.

How does Debt Rx affect your credit?
You’ll likely see a decrease in your credit score while in Debt Rx’s debt settlement program since it requires you to stop paying directly to your creditors during the negotiation period.

While debt relief programs may create a temporary setback on your credit score, paying off your debts with a negotiated settlement can gradually improve your credit score over time. This is much better than declaring bankruptcy.

Do we recommend Debt Rx?

Debt Rx is one of the longest-operating and trusted debt relief companies. The company’s years of experience, accreditations and money-back guarantee make customers confident. We also like that Debt Rx employs Spanish-speaking representatives. For these reasons, we recommend Debt Rx to people who are struggling to settle their debts and want to work toward a less stressful financial situation.

Debt RX Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 25, 2019

We have been clients of DSG for almost two years. We were struggling with a load of debt for many years and had found no path to lead us to out of the credit card habit, until now. Debt settlement was something we knew nothing about. We were talking with a banker, friend and she suggested we give it a try. I called you, after reading several adds in the yellow pages. The person with whom I spoke that day, was very kind, understanding and informative. After mulling it over, we decided to investigate it further. Finally we decided to give it a try.

Since that time, everyone we have spoken with has been very helpful and always quick to answer our questions. There is a person I have dealt with repeatedly. Her name is Tyria. She has always gone out of her way to give me information answer any questions, clarify information and all in her professional, and kind manner. I hope you appreciate her, as I do. I will end this by saying, we will soon finish our time with you. We will not hesitate to to recommend this process, and DSG to anyone in need of your special help.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had a couple of major surgeries and that put me behind with stuff. I also had to rescue my daughter from her husband that she didn't know was on drugs. Kevin from Debt RX kept calling and asked me to give him 15 minutes and I gave him that. When he explained things to me, it took another 15. I put my heart into the hands of Debt RX and got started with them. And I am glad I did. They've been so good to me.

They made the process very easy. All I had to do was follow through on everything they asked me that I needed to do and I did. I started with them in 2013 on the debt thing. I was never late on a payment at any time. Once they explained to me that they try to settle then once the settlement is reached, it goes either through a judge or a lawyer. About half of them went to a judge that made the agreement. During my time with Debt RX, I never got a threatening phone call. The program ended a couple of weeks ago. Kevin came back on the phone and talked to me. He congratulated me. He told me that most people won't even ever pay their debts and would just keep trying to run. In my case, I did nothing wrong. Debt RX tried, in my benefit, to talk to all the people and explain to them. They just said okay.

It takes a while to get stuff settled and I have the utmost respect for Debt RX. I told my friends that if they have problems, they need to go to and talk to Kevin. They can't have anything in collections. I told Kevin yesterday that through the years I referred five people to them. He asked for their names but I couldn't do that because I made a promise to those people.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Debt RX was the first company that I called. I was looking to get out of debt and they gave me a good deal, so I stuck with them. During the debt settlement process, they gave me a phone number that I was supposed to give to all my creditors. All the phone calls went to them and nobody bothered me. The customer service reps who worked with me were never confusing. They came out and told me everything that I had to do. They never lied to me. They even stayed in touch and answered a lot of questions for me.

They were upfront. They always said that if I had any problems with payments, they'd look it over again. And if they could save me some money on payments, they'd do it. I always had a lot of laughter with them too. Eventually, they got me out of debt. It didn't take all that long to do it. It's only two years and they saved me a pile of money and a lot of confusion. I'd recommend Debt RX with anybody. And if anyone had any questions about them, I'd tell them to call them, and they'd do a great job for them.

Original review: March 29, 2019

In the beginning, of the Hardship Debt Relief Program (Consumer Patience program), as a first time consumer member was very unsure on how this program works. The high numerous phone calls would makes any new member want to give up and surrendered to the creditor it does takes high tolerance unable to surrendered towards the creditor. I haven't given up and wanted to maintain within my 48 months program and be financial debt free and worry about my future outlook.

As long, the consumer felt the responsibility by DSG within the program, then the maintained relationship with DSG will further growth when first started with the program. Speaking with the customer service will be with utter confidence, as opposed to the beginning of the program. In my opinion this is exactly, how my first experience felt. There wasn't any negative feedback about the customer service staff majority was on the same page in able to give me further situational support. DSG customer staff member would reach out to me and checking updates, which is very nice of them; great care towards the customer, since this is a long-term experience.

Especially, in the program mentions possibility the creditor will sent out a lawsuit letter out towards the debtor. Once the debtor actually received this letter from the creditor can make the situation depressing, but all DSG staff(various depts.)->Legal Veritas ( various depts.)-> Assigned attorney to your case (my attorney was very patient with me and wasn't rude and understands this is a first time member joining into this program-explains the ins-outs how does it works). This has changed positively my entire outlook of joining into the program when my depressing/stressful situation trying to figure out how to dealt with being sued by the creditor(No one wants to be sued and it does makes you helpless). It shows DSG staff does cares about you and wouldn't leave you out in the cold(creditors).

My experience within 3+ month within the program slowly boost my financial confidence one day at a time, until 48 months ends. This is two-way communications in able to open up to the DSG staff and be honest with yourself, through the process have I break the DSG agreement by mistake, due to creditors tricky tactics luring you away within 30-90 month period.

The DSG staff was very pleasant towards me understands a new member has numerous questions and it would be answered in orderly fashion. However, a suggestion it would be nice there would a one weekend DSG staff customer service line. In case, any debtor received a time sensitive urgent mail must be answered within a reasonable time back to the creditor. This way the customer wouldn't felt anxious would I be able to return back my answer in time?[Very important: any member might would felt this way]

My entire experience so far is very positive from confused towards better understandings on how the Hardship Debt Relief Program (Consumer Patience program) works. Every DSG staff member who works very hard to handle each customer financial debt case by case basis is very important. Each day DSG staff member going into work might be, Does it matter at all? (As a member it isn't wasted at all and it sure does matter on the future outlook of the member assigned to the case.) Thank you to all the DSG staff members for answering my customer service line and being supportive in able to tactical my financial debt one at a time, also the Legal Veritas working alongside with the program to reinsure to make the experience my financial stress, as painless as possible.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I had a lot of debt that I wanted to try to get rid of and have Debt RX help me with. It was a pretty substantial amount, so it was gonna take a lot of time to get it done. When the program started and I was still getting my bills from the creditors each month, one of the first things that Debt RX told me was that if I'd have a change of address, I could use their address so all the creditor stuff would go to them and they could see what was going on. That eased my mind and I didn't get any more trouble from the creditors. They also told me not to call the creditors and that to make them call me more and try to let Debt RX do all the dealings with them. They would always say that they had a recording and they would call and check on me to see if the creditors were bothering me. And they offered lawyers and everything that could deal with the creditors if there were problems.

The payment was $750 and Debt RX automatically withdrew it out of my checking. Then I retired and at the time, it was getting hard for me to handle the $750. I asked them if they could instead take out 550 so I'd have enough money to buy stuff, and they okayed that. That messed up the time frame to finish the program so it took quite a bit longer. But now, I just finished with it. The people I worked with were really friendly and very helpful. Everything seems to work fine with them and I, and they also seem to make a good deal with the creditors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

It has been such relief to be working with such a thorough company. I feel empowered that everything will be okay and there are multiple people on my side helping to get me back up on my feet. They were very calm and collected and answered all my questions. Thanks DebtRx!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I found the people within the company to be very personable, helpful and very detailed to accuracy. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family. I was able to get three of my creditors paid off in a short amount of time and for less than what I owed. Thanks to your negotiating on my behalf. I have one debt left to pay off but due to home repairs I had to quit the Debt RX program. I would definitely use you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Customer service was great. I did have 3 account managers who worked hard getting settlement. They saved me time and money. They call about once a month to see if creditors are harassing you. Sometimes you can pay off your debt faster.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I honestly was losing sleep worrying about how I was to pay me cards the coming months. Brian was truly a godsend. I got a low AFFORDABLE monthly payment. Also I will be able to save some money month to month. Thank you so much guys!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Brian was wonderful. Truly a godsend. I was drowning and he threw me a life preserver!!! I was impressed by his knowledge and he super nice!! I would recommend Debt Rx to ANYONE! They treat you like family. I am so glad I found you guys! Thanks so much.

Debt RX Company Information

Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)
5257 Buckeystown Pike #127