2. Finance

Debt RX
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.88/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Debt Settlement Group (Debt Rx) helps individuals discover the proper debt relief solution that matches their needs. As one of the most reliable, trusted, and experienced debt settlement service providers and debt negotiators in business, Debt Rx is recognized as a leader who's goal is to always help people become and remain financially stable.

BOTTOM LINE

Debt Rx is a long-operating, trusted debt relief company. The company doesn’t offer service in every state, but it offers free consultations and can help you get out of debt.

PROS

• No upfront fees
  • Spanish-speaking representatives
  • Free consultation

CONS

• Does not help with secured debt

Top Debt RX Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)?

Professional, courteous and customer oriented. My highest recommendation for this company. They will go out of their way to assist you. The value for the cost is unbeatable. The Customer Service representatives are among the best I have worked with.

When my bills became more than I could afford, Debt Rx consolidated my credit cards, medical, and personal loans into a payment plan that I could afford. Now I can relax and enjoy myself a little bit more without having to be as cautious about spending a little extra, yet still pay down my debt.

Find my match

What is Debt Rx?

Debt Rx was founded in 1998, making it one of the longest-operating debt negotiation and debt settlement companies in the U.S. It is available in 43 states and Washington, D.C. The company employs a team of debt negotiators with years of experience in consumer credit, debt settlement and debt negotiation. The company has Spanish-speaking representatives available.

Debt RX is a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC).

Debt Rx services

Debt Rx helps clients who are struggling to pay their bills or attempting to eliminate debt. It offers debt negotiation, debt settlement, debt consolidation loans and interest rate reduction programs. These processes potentially reduce a client’s loan balances and interest payments, helping them pay off their debts.

Debt Rx’s debt negotiation and settlement plans can help pay off debts arising from the following transactions:

• Credit card usage
  • Unsecured personal loans
  • Unsecured personal lines of credit
  • Other unsecured loans
  • Medical bills
  • Repossessed vehicles
  • Collections

Debt Rx offers an online calculator where clients determine how much they will pay during their lifetime without a settlement program. The company also has an online dashboard where customers can easily manage their accounts.

Debt Rx debt settlement and debt negotiation services

Debt Rx’s goal is to negotiate better repayment terms for you. The company aims to reduce your loan balance and interest rate so the amount you pay is less than the total amount you currently owe. Debt Rx’s programs are based on your personal and financial situations, what’s affordable to you and what your creditors accept during negotiation.

You can qualify for debt negotiation and settlement plans if you’re experiencing financial hardship caused by illness, disability, a death in the family, job loss, business failure or other life-changing events that make it difficult for you to pay. People who simply wish to reduce or get out of debt may also qualify.

Your Debt Rx negotiator asks a few questions and inspects your financial records to prove your hardship. Based on your current income and what you’re willing to pay, your negotiator will recommend the best option for you. If you enroll in a debt settlement program, you’re also asked to open a bank account to fund the program.

Every debt situation is unique, and creditors have differing policies on debt settlement. If debt settlement is not the right option for you, Debt Rx offers a learning center where the company’s team reviews your situation and walks you through the benefits of other debt management options, including:

• Reducing payments
  • Credit counseling
  • Private financing
  • Refinancing
  • Consolidation loans
  • Bankruptcy

Debt Rx FAQ

How does Debt Rx work?

Debt Rx’s debt settlement program is not for everyone. The company requires a minimum debt of $10,000 for clients who want to take advantage of the debt negotiation and settlement option. The company cannot guarantee that your debt will be reduced to a specific amount or percentage, but Debt Rx does not charge any fees until a settlement is reached.

If you’re struggling with debt and want to explore Debt Rx’s services, call the company for a free consultation. Debt Rx’s representatives ask some questions and present your debt relief options. If you qualify, you make monthly payments into a bank account set up for debt settlement purposes and the company’s employees negotiate with your creditors for a settlement you can afford.

How much does Debt Rx cost?
Debt Rx charges fees that range from 15% to 25% on the amount of total debt owed, depending on your specific situation. Fees may vary from state to state.

Clients who adhere to the monthly program payments typically pay approximately 50% of their total debt before fees. After fees are charged, they pay 68% to 75% over 24 to 48 months.

How does Debt Rx affect your credit?
You’ll likely see a decrease in your credit score while in Debt Rx’s debt settlement program since it requires you to stop paying directly to your creditors during the negotiation period.

While debt relief programs may create a temporary setback on your credit score, paying off your debts with a negotiated settlement can gradually improve your credit score over time. This is much better than declaring bankruptcy.

Do we recommend Debt Rx?

Debt Rx is one of the longest-operating and trusted debt relief companies. The company’s years of experience, accreditations and money-back guarantee make customers confident. We also like that Debt Rx employs Spanish-speaking representatives. For these reasons, we recommend Debt Rx to people who are struggling to settle their debts and want to work toward a less stressful financial situation.

Debt RX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt RX?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)?

Original review: March 23, 2020

I’m just starting the process of getting debt free with this company. Looking forward to working with You guys. You have a great team working for You! I worked with a guy named Josh ** and helped me answer any and all questions getting the process started. I am very grateful.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

When speaking to Ms. ** yesterday, she gave me the up most best customer service ever. From the explaining of the steps that will be taken to help me with this, to reassuring me that everything would work out. I would recommend this company to anyone that feels like they have no escape from the hassle of debt and doors being slammed in the face.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I had a favorable experience getting enrolled into the program. I had been considering bankruptcy but this seems like a better option. I am worried however that it will not prevent my accounts from being closed. I am not well informed about this option but it seems better than bankruptcy.

Debt RX response

Many thanks for the feedback, Jeanette! We’re pleased to hear you’re satisfied with our service. Someone from our customer service team will be contacting you within 48 hours to help assist with your question.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I was skeptical about signing up with DebtRx, but after speaking with Representative, Tanisha ** who explained the program in great details, and assured me why and how this program would be good for me to help with my credit debt. Tanisha was very thorough in explaining this program to me, and extremely patient. Tanisha provided me with Excellent Customer Service. Thank you again for serving me.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I'm very happy with Debt Rx. I found them in the phone book and I called them. The reps have always been very helpful. I have their phone number and the extension, and somebody always answers. We decided at the beginning that I would pay them so much a month, and then we added onto it, and they increased it $10. Debt Rx is working on the last two dealings and I am very satisfied. It has made life a lot easier because there was a lot of stress before.

Original review: April 21, 2020

This was a very long process, but well worth it. As long as you are patient and follow the guidelines it will all work out in the end! We are finally out from under the stressful situation that internet fraud caused.

Debt RX response

Charles, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Getting out of debt is not an overnight process, unless of course one wins the lottery! We’re so happy that you’re debt free! If you need anything, please reach out to customer service at 1-800-395-5353. Have a great day!

Original review: April 21, 2020

I found the DSG when I was needing and trying to rectify years of overspending. They took over all my large accounts due, worked out an amount from our income and went to work paying all off, smallest to largest. It took about three years but the freedom and sense of accomplishment on the other end of the tunnel is well worth it. I highly recommend the efficiency and care the members of this organization.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Thought they did a good job always keeping me informed. They always called to make sure no one was hassling me. And to see if there was anything else that they could do for me. They saved me money. And I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Debt RX is a good settlement group to help out people who in need of debt relief and debt-free. I recommend this company to work with whatever debt situation you are in. They are doing a good job to build up your scores.

Original review: March 14, 2020

They were the best debt company I know of. Very helpful with everything. Always answered my question. They were extra nice. Never a foul word. They were always there when you called to ask them anything. They were great so if in debt I would call them back.

Debt RX Company Information

Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)
    5257 Buckeystown Pike #127