Debt RX

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Debt RX

Debt Settlement Group (Debt Rx) helps individuals discover the proper debt relief solution that matches their needs. As one of the most reliable, trusted, and experienced debt settlement service providers and debt negotiators in business, Debt Rx is recognized as a leader who's goal is to always help people become and remain financially stable.

Find Debt Settlement partners near you

Pros

• No upfront fees
    • Spanish-speaking representatives
    • Free consultation

Cons

• Does not help with secured debt

Bottom Line

Debt Rx is a long-operating, trusted debt relief company. The company doesn’t offer service in every state, but it offers free consultations and can help you get out of debt.

Top Debt RX Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)?

Verified

Professional, courteous and customer oriented. My highest recommendation for this company. They will go out of their way to assist you. The value for the cost is unbeatable. The C...

Verified

When my bills became more than I could afford, Debt Rx consolidated my credit cards, medical, and personal loans into a payment plan that I could afford. Now I can relax and enjoy...

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

What is Debt Rx?

Debt Rx was founded in 1998, making it one of the longest-operating debt negotiation and debt settlement companies in the U.S. It is available in 43 states and Washington, D.C. The company employs a team of debt negotiators with years of experience in consumer credit, debt settlement and debt negotiation. The company has Spanish-speaking representatives available.

Debt RX is a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), International Association of Personal Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) and Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC).

Debt Rx services

Debt Rx helps clients who are struggling to pay their bills or attempting to eliminate debt. It offers debt negotiation, debt settlement, debt consolidation loans and interest rate reduction programs. These processes potentially reduce a client’s loan balances and interest payments, helping them pay off their debts.

Debt Rx’s debt negotiation and settlement plans can help pay off debts arising from the following transactions:

• Credit card usage
    • Unsecured personal loans
    • Unsecured personal lines of credit
    • Other unsecured loans
    • Medical bills
    • Repossessed vehicles
    • Collections

Debt Rx offers an online calculator where clients determine how much they will pay during their lifetime without a settlement program. The company also has an online dashboard where customers can easily manage their accounts.

Debt Rx debt settlement and debt negotiation services

Debt Rx’s goal is to negotiate better repayment terms for you. The company aims to reduce your loan balance and interest rate so the amount you pay is less than the total amount you currently owe. Debt Rx’s programs are based on your personal and financial situations, what’s affordable to you and what your creditors accept during negotiation.

You can qualify for debt negotiation and settlement plans if you’re experiencing financial hardship caused by illness, disability, a death in the family, job loss, business failure or other life-changing events that make it difficult for you to pay. People who simply wish to reduce or get out of debt may also qualify.

Your Debt Rx negotiator asks a few questions and inspects your financial records to prove your hardship. Based on your current income and what you’re willing to pay, your negotiator will recommend the best option for you. If you enroll in a debt settlement program, you’re also asked to open a bank account to fund the program.

Every debt situation is unique, and creditors have differing policies on debt settlement. If debt settlement is not the right option for you, Debt Rx offers a learning center where the company’s team reviews your situation and walks you through the benefits of other debt management options, including:

• Reducing payments
    • Credit counseling
    • Private financing
    • Refinancing
    • Consolidation loans
    • Bankruptcy

Debt Rx FAQ

How does Debt Rx work?

Debt Rx’s debt settlement program is not for everyone. The company requires a minimum debt of $10,000 for clients who want to take advantage of the debt negotiation and settlement option. The company cannot guarantee that your debt will be reduced to a specific amount or percentage, but Debt Rx does not charge any fees until a settlement is reached.

If you’re struggling with debt and want to explore Debt Rx’s services, call the company for a free consultation. Debt Rx’s representatives ask some questions and present your debt relief options. If you qualify, you make monthly payments into a bank account set up for debt settlement purposes and the company’s employees negotiate with your creditors for a settlement you can afford.

How much does Debt Rx cost?
    Debt Rx charges fees that range from 15% to 25% on the amount of total debt owed, depending on your specific situation. Fees may vary from state to state.

Clients who adhere to the monthly program payments typically pay approximately 50% of their total debt before fees. After fees are charged, they pay 68% to 75% over 24 to 48 months.

How does Debt Rx affect your credit?
    You’ll likely see a decrease in your credit score while in Debt Rx’s debt settlement program since it requires you to stop paying directly to your creditors during the negotiation period.

While debt relief programs may create a temporary setback on your credit score, paying off your debts with a negotiated settlement can gradually improve your credit score over time. This is much better than declaring bankruptcy.

Do we recommend Debt Rx?

Debt Rx is one of the longest-operating and trusted debt relief companies. The company’s years of experience, accreditations and money-back guarantee make customers confident. We also like that Debt Rx employs Spanish-speaking representatives. For these reasons, we recommend Debt Rx to people who are struggling to settle their debts and want to work toward a less stressful financial situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt RX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)?

Original review: June 16, 2022

Debt RX was wonderful. I was able to get my loans paid earlier than expected. Christine and everyone at Debt RX were great. They called periodically to check on me. They are all awesome. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Debt RX response

Tina, we appreciate your feedback. What a wonderful feeling to be debt free! Congrats! If you need anything or have questions, please reach out to Customer Service at 1-800-395-5353

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I want to say thank you. You were all helpful. It was stress free and easy. I would recommend them.. You were there when I had questions. You were there when I had a problem. Everyone was helpful and caring. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Very professional staff, also they were very friendly and knowledgeable. I had to call a few times and their responses were quick and my questions were answered to where I could understand them. I never had a problem with any staff member.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Christine ** is a great debt counselor. She kept me update with all my debt and help me with the best way to get rid of my overall debt. She was kind and very hard working. I felt I can call her at any date and she tell me what I needed to know. I felt I was talking to a friend instead of a counselor. I am really grateful for her and the process I went through

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Debt Rx provided me with all the help I need to get debt free. I feel that they give great customer service. I was skeptical at first but Christine made sure everything worked out. Christine was outstanding and helped me to get debt free a full year before the initial time frame!

Original review: June 27, 2022

Debt Rx was a wonderful company to work with.. They saved me so much money and gave me peace of mind. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I am now debt free and couldn’t be happier. Thank you, Debt Rx.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

They have always been very courteous and helpful. I am very pleased with their handling of my debts. They have been good at calling me and keeping me informed. I am so thankful that everything is finally settled.. Thank you!! Done!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Satisfied with the work they did for me. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. Recommend them to anyone. They are straightforward and answer any questions I asked. They are very helpful and have awesome customer service. Thank you DebtRx.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Each person on the staff were very helpful. They were very professional in everything they did. I completed my journey with them in a moderate amount of time. If you need to become debt free, I highly recommend them. They are always available to answer any questions you may have.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

They handled all of my accounts quickly and promptly. Their prices are reasonable and affordable with very flexible Guidelines with no hidden fees associated with closing. Would recommend to anyone who asks me about Debt RX and my experience with them.

Take a Financial Relief Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Debt RX Company Information

Debt Settlement Group (Debt RX)
        5257 Buckeystown Pike #127