Best Debt Consolidation in Cincinnati, OH
Many Cincinnati residents struggling with debt can benefit from debt relief. Debt relief companies offer a variety of services, including debt settlement, debt consolidation and credit counseling. We made a list of the best debt relief companies in Cincinnati to help you stop worrying about calls and letters from creditors.
Top 11 Cincinnati Debt Relief Companies
|National Debt Relief|
Read 40,419 Reviews
Debt is often reduced by as much as 50%, with most cases settled in 24-48 months. Fees vary between 18-25% of enrolled debt. No upfront fees. $10,000 minimum debt required. Offers debt settlement services, not a loan provider.
|toll freenumber(800) 437-5553 Visit Website|
Read 1,374 Reviews
Offers personal loans up to $35,000. Easy online application. Get money in your account in as little as one day upon approval and verification. Recommended minimum debt of $5,000 for debt consolidation.
|toll freenumber(855) 662-6876 Visit Website|
Read 471 Reviews
Offers personal loans up to $50,000. Underwrites consumer loans under Freedom Financial Network LLC. Recommended minimum debt of $10,000 for debt consolidation.
|toll freenumber(844) 311-7889 Visit Website|
Read 171 Reviews
This debt settlement company helps clients eliminate debt in as little as 24-36 months. They use state-of-the-art software and a team of experts to negotiate your debt with your creditors. Settlement only, not a lender.
|toll freenumber(844) 299-8528 Visit Website|
|Consolidated Credit Solutions|
Read 1,308 Reviews
Reduce credit card payments by up to 30-50%. Offers free online financial education webinars and three debt solutions, including debt consolidation. Specialized credit counseling available for military families.
|Accredited Debt Relief|
Read 461 Reviews
Minimum debt required is $10,000. Average debt settlement program takes 2-4 years. Multiple plans available, and no fees are required until settlement is reached. Money-back guarantee. Debt settlement only, no loans available.
|toll freenumber(844) 462-8395 Visit Website|
|Trinity Debt Management|
Read 11 Reviews
The Trinity Debt Management Program (DMP) helps consumers make informed financial decisions to take control of their repayment plans. The Trinity DMP reduces debts to one monthly payment, decreases interest rates and more.
|Apprisen||Read Expert Review|
Offers debt consolidation and debt management plans (DMPs) without a loan. Provides comprehensive financial counseling and education services. Serves predominantly low- and moderate-income clients.
|Debt Reduction Services Cincinnati||Read Expert Review|
Provides debt consolidation without a loan. Offers free debt consolidation consultation and free credit counseling session. Services available in Spanish.
|McCarthy Law PLC Cincinnati||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in fast debt negotiation and settlement for credit cards, private student loans, unsecured personal loans, tax debt and mortgages. Provides free in-person consultations at Cincinnati location.
|O’Connor Acciani & Levy||Read Expert Review|
Uses debt negotiation as an alternative to bankruptcy. Offers free case evaluations. Provides services in Cincinnati, Columbus and Northern Kentucky.
How debt relief works in Cincinnati, OH
There are many different types of debt relief available in Cincinnati, and it’s essential to know more about your options before committing to any of them. Some of the most popular ways to manage debt include:
- Credit counseling: Credit counselors help individuals take control of their financial situation and recommend tools to manage debt and finances. This is often done through creating and following a budget, but for those with higher debts, the counselor may recommend debt consolidation or debt settlement.
- Debt consolidation: Companies that provide debt consolidation typically offer you a personal loan at a lower interest rate than your debts. This loan is used to pay off your existing debts, and you make one monthly payment to the debt consolidation company instead of paying all of your bills separately. Some companies offer debt consolidation without a loan and negotiate with your creditors for more moderate interest rates, which lowers your monthly payments. In this scenario, you pay the debt consolidation company one lump sum per month, and it distributes the funds to your creditors.
- Debt settlement: Debt settlement involves paying a company to negotiate with your creditors for a smaller one-time, lump-sum payment that pays off your debts in full. You pay the debt settlement company a fee for this service, typically a percentage of how much you saved, if they are successful in settling at least one of your multiple debts.
Cincinnati debt relief laws
The state of Ohio regulates agencies that provide debt consolidation and enforces standards to protect people from unethical business practices. Some regulations include:
- A company can charge no more than $75 for a setup fee or initial consultation
- Debt settlement companies are prohibited from charging fees of more than 8.5% of your total monthly payment to the program or $30, whichever is greater
- Debt relief organizations are required to register with the state
If a company does not follow one or more of these standards, this is a red flag indicating a fraudulent company. Make sure to file a complaint to the Ohio Attorney General.
Can I qualify for debt relief in Cincinnati?
Qualifications for debt consolidation loans vary by company, but most require a minimum credit score of 640 and at least $10,000 in debt. Some companies may work with clients who have lower credit scores but charge a higher interest rate that severely limits how much you save.
If you do not qualify for debt consolidation, debt settlement is an excellent option. To participate in debt settlement, you must be behind in your payments or be willing to stop making payments, which typically lowers your credit score. Debt settlement businesses usually require at least $10,000 in unsecured debt, which is debt that is not secured by collateral that can be seized by your creditor.
Cincinnati debt relief company information
O’Connor Acciani & Levy is a law firm that provides debt settlement services. If your case qualifies, its attorneys negotiate with creditors to reduce the amount of debt you must pay, help you pay off a significant portion at once, extend your repayment period and possibly lower your interest rates. The company offers free case evaluations.
- Address: 600 Vine St., Ste. 1600, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: (877) 288-3241
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: oal-law.com/cincinnati/bankruptcy-lawyers/debt-settlement
McCarthy Law PLC is a law firm with attorneys who specialize in fast debt negotiation and settlement. Types of debt settled include credit cards, private student loans, unsecured personal loans, IRS tax debt and mortgage debt. The main focus of McCarthy Law PLC is to help you avoid filing for bankruptcy. The firm charges less than the market rate of 20% to 25% of the debt owed and matches competitors’ prices. It offers free in-person consultations.
- Address: 225 W. Court St., Ste. 300, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Phone: (855) 976-5777
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: mccarthylawyer.com/lawyer/joseph-candito-blue-ash
Debt Reduction Services is a nonprofit organization that provides debt consolidation, credit counseling and student loan help. Instead of offering a debt consolidation loan, it consolidates your payments into one lump sum that you pay to the company and it distributes to your creditors. Debt Reduction Services can lower interest rates for you and negotiate with creditors to eliminate or reduce late fees. You can contact the company for a free credit counseling session or debt consolidation consultation. Average clients complete the program and pay off debts within five years. Its services are available in Spanish.
- Address: Serves Cincinnati residents
- Phone: (866) 688-3328
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 8pm
- Website: debtreductionservices.org
Apprisen is a nonprofit organization that provides financial wellness programs in Cincinnati. Its services include financial counseling, debt management programs (DMPs), credit health education, financial coaching and student loan help. Its debt management programs are designed to help you pay off credit cards, medical bills and other unsecured debt in an average of 48 months. After program completion, counselors work with you on a new financial plan to stay on track. The company charges a setup fee of $45 and monthly fees of no more than $45. Services are available in Spanish.
- Address: 11311 Cornell Park Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Phone: (513) 366-4500
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: apprisen.com