1.29/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

New Orleans, LA

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Crescent Bank & Trust Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I bought car with a loan through Crescent Bank and Trust about 5 years ago and recently paid my car off last month. The experience with them has been the absolute worst. I would always pay my car earlier than the due date and plus extra but when I did and my payment came around, they said I was still late and that I had to make a payment which I didn’t understand. If I paid early why would I still owe for that month. Each time I did that I got late fees. I would have to call them each time I wanted to pay early so they would apply it for that month's payment so I wouldn’t be considered late. Customer service was horrible and most of the time rude when you asked questions.

Recently I paid off my car and got a notification from my credit monitoring that I was past due when I have paid the loan off! I was supper pissed and upset because of their false report. Made my score drop 50+ points! I was beyond livid and called them, and the lady I talked to said, "Yes you don’t owe anything. Your car is paid off," and when I asked why they would report that I still owed money she simply says it was a mistake! I was even more upset because she did seem to care or apologize for the mistake and told me that I had to file a claim to get this fixed!

If I knew then what I know now, I would never do a loan on a car. It not worth it and the rates are ridiculous. You end up paying almost half more than the value. I see why their rating is 1.3 which is actually nice because they need a -10 just because the customer service is so horrible. Please stay far away from Crescent bank and trust. They don’t care anything about their customers. You have been warned!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My experience with this "bank" is one that I would love to forget. I was late on a couple of payments due to job downsizing and when I informed them about my situation, I was told that my payments would be put on the "back end" of my loan, which would have made my final payment due in June of 2020, which was no problem, Here's where the problem came in: the harassing and nonstop phone calls. I would NOT recommend this company to anybody and if I had known the reviews of this company before purchasing the car, I never would have done business with them. They are rude, unprofessional, and will barrage you every day all day. Please do not consider this company for anything.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I am a little bit confused. I got a loan from Crescent Bank. It was for my pick up truck and it cost me $345 a month. I paid the loan for five years. I have one more payment on the truck. I got sick and I went to the hospital and I missed 2 Payments but I called and I made arrangements and this company worked with me beyond what they should have. I paid the loan for five years. I have one more payment on the truck. They rolled my payments Forward for me two times due to health issues.

If you wanna first time loan and you have bad credit this company will work with you. I have had very good experience with this company. If you can’t pay your payment call them and make an arrangement. If you do not make an arrangement then they’re going to come get your stuff. It’s common sense. You got understand that it's investors cash they’re using. They can’t just let it go. This company is based in New Orleans. It’s an American company. I got in a car accident and the whole front end of my truck was wrecked. I fixed it and I was sent the check from my finance company to me. The check came from my insurance company.

I see a lot of bad reviews on here but I will be honest with you. I feel it’s because people don’t pay their bills on time because I’ve never had a problem this company not one. I wish their call center wasn’t in the Philippines and it was in the United States. Thank you for reading my review and I promise you on my life I’m telling you the truth about this company. Yes they might charge a little more for interest and yes they might charge five dollars a day if you don’t pay your payment on time. But what do you expect for a company that is giving you thousands of dollars when you don’t have a history of paying it back...

Original review: July 1, 2019

I got a loan through this company in Feb 2019. After making double payments every month to bring down my principal balance I noticed that I was being charged $10 a day interest on top of my interest already added to my total from the beginning so in essence. I pay $500 a month (2x) for a total of $1000 a month. Basically I am 4-5 months ahead on my payments but they calculate daily interest from your payment date to you due date. so if I'm 4 months ahead that's 120days... ($1200 added interest.) When I called them out on this I was told that they are just the collection agency for my loan not the bank. I asked for the bank's info. I was told they didnt have it available. Please dont not set yourself up by using this company. I have been put on a block list. They can speak ENGLISH but act as if they dont understand what you are saying when you call. BE CAREFUL!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

My uncle who's a marine vet purchased a Nissan Versa from them and he was paying on time every time for the better half of 4 and a half years. He slipped into a coma as well as the transmission went on the car all around the same time. They constantly called and called so I got around to speaking to them and I was fed a bunch of lies as well as his balance owed on the car. So a long story short they sent a very disrespectful repo man out who used some very hateful and disrespectful words and to top it all off the car he was repossessing was in the back of a car that wasn't in repossession. Well lo and behold he put the car that had nothing to do with anything on his tow truck and slammed it into the middle of the street and threatened to splatter a woman all over the driveway just to get the car he was repossessing! And he said he does what he wants! I just want all buyers to beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I am a finance manager at a car dealership. My boyfriend got a loan with this company with a high interest rate because he was first time buyer and just didn't have credit. I handle all of our bills and pay every month on time. I noticed after paying for 14 months our payoff was not going down at a rate appropriate to an amortization schedule of our interest rate. I was finally able to get ahold of someone who spoke English and they mailed us the amortization schedule, I was right. They had my payoff at $14,134 which is off by almost $1,000. They are stealing your money so if you have a loan with them I suggest you have it audited yearly and request your amortization schedule.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was financed through this company in 2015. Pay my car note every month. They give you a 10 day “grace” period but call you everyday. 4, 5 and 6 times a day in this time frame. I have NEVER been more than thirty days behind on a payment. I am currently 28 days late and these people came and put a hand delivered note on my door! For what?!? They harass me constantly and I pay my car note! Then whenever you call to talk to someone they ask 50-11 questions! I hate this company and I pray that they go bankrupt so that they won’t be able to keep getting over and harassing people! Additionally, I pay a portion of my car note once a week and yet my payoff balance has gone up?? It was just at 11,000. It is now at 12,500??? I’m at the point where I just want to take the car back!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Made many attempts at contacting a representative in the United States. All have failed, but one. This person assured me a chargeback for the accidental double charge that was made would process in about 2-3 business days. It has been over a week. The call center in India wants name, DOB, address, telephone, bank statement, account and routing numbers to process refund despite having acknowledged that they had accidentally taken two payments. Will be contacting State Attorney General and SEC to resolve problem. DO NOT CHOOSE OR RECOMMEND THIS LENDER. THEY DO NOT HAVE RELIABLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I paid off my loan in full. They dropped my credit score 113 points by saying I paid late. I was given the wrong mailing address. I called the offices and they said the post date on the envelope will be the pay date. The company refuses to stand by their own instructions. One customer service person even said write a complaint to the credit bureau instead of making the matter correct. Do not deal with this shady company. I have never been late on any payment to this company. So when I call ahead and get the instructions on where to send the payment, now the company say my final payment has been assessed fees.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought my van in 2014. Never missed a payment and paid December 2018 payment. Then get text saying my payment of $6481.00 is 11 days past due two days later. I called them and they said my loan matured and I owe them that amount ASAP. They will not refinance the remaining balance and said they will accept my regular monthly payment but it will be reported on my credit as outstanding unpaid debt??? My credit isn’t good enough to get a loan nor do I have anyone to co sign. I’m a single mom of three children on a low income. I will NEVER buy with this company again!? I will have my attorney after this company ASAP!

Crescent Bank & Trust Company Information