New Orleans, LA

2.8/5 (363 ratings)

About Crescent Bank

Crescent Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Worst place to get a car financed. The rates are HORRIBLE and too high. You end up paying twice as much for the car. They are rude & need to be closed down and investigated. Never dealing with them again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

A lot can be said about a company by the type of people they hire. Alessandro ** went the extra mile to help assist with funding of a auto. He was attentive, diligent, professional, and caring. Crescent Bank and Trust is fortunate to have employees like this.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Concrete constantly expensive rates that are impossible to change, ever. They are difficult to work with most of the time and typically refuse to help make things easy, on top of which will heavily and randomly damage your credit score more than it helps. I can't wait till the day I no longer have to deal with them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I called Crescent Bank several times and voluntarily surrendered the vehicle a few months ago. They never came picked it up. Told me they would send someone out to get it but yet they put on my credit that I don’t want to pay for the vehicle and leaving bad remarks…. I’ll never deal with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

This finance company is the worst company to do business with. I finance a car 2014 @ 18% interested rate, had to, my credit was shaky @ the time. 12/2019, I made the decision to only have liability insurance on the car, as the balance on the vehicle was about $7000 @ the time and I couldn't justify paying car note @ $346 & insurance @ $275 for full coverage.

1/2020, the car was totaled, I called Crescent & inform them that the car was towed & completely totaled, so I want to make an offer & close the account. He explained the process would be 1. The car would have to be auctioned and the amount applied to my account, and then the balance would be determine. Customer service continued to call me, so I made 1/2020 & 2/2020 within the 30 days. I finally spoke with someone @ the end 2/2020, that closed the account to eliminate the customer service calls, mid-July or August, I called & was told the balance was more than the original $7980. I argued that with the gentlemen & he told me the account will eventually go to the collection company, @ which point, I could negotiate with them.

The account was finally assigned to a collection agency 1/2021 and the gentleman was hard-selling me to give more than I owed or can afford, finally 3rd quarter, he accepted an amount, I could afford. I sent the payment, but Crescent wasn't done taking advantage of me... Crescent credit reporting went back to 3/2020- 7/2021 and showed late payments prior to the settlement, it showed CHARGE OFF before payment. This 15 late payments has impacted my credit reporting negatively, had the agent 2/2020 told me continue paying and/or late payments would be reported later, I would have exercised another option. I have contacted Crescent several times regarding my concern, with no compassion to my issues.

This company prays on people that have so much to lose by this type of negative impact. I'm buying a house and the bank has told me these late payments will impact me, because its current. My current score in spite is 757,727,742. and the only negative impact is this company. Please be WARNED that this company does NOT have your best interest in mind. I bought a truck for $14,000. I paid double to this company. Granted this company wasn't the reason my credit was compromised in 2014, but thinking back, I might have made better decisions.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

If you're thinking about getting a car through a loan from this company I've but one word. DON'T! Don't be like me and others on this page who may have neglected to read in detail the small print. Don't let a car dealership tell you you're approved through this company even though you know your credit isn't that good...or maybe just downright bad. The dealership will tell you it's 10% compounded interest and so you may think (like I did) that this is monthly. People...IT'S DAILY so by the month's end you owe 10% of your loan X 30 days and they take that right off the top before applying anything to your principal balance so you'll be paying interest (thousands upon thousands) and you'll never see your principal balance shrink! YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS VEHICLE PAID OFF.

By the time you're finished I swear, it's a down payment on a house. How the government allows this type of predatory lending is beyond me but this bank needs to be investigated/shut down. How they can do this without conscience, morals or couth can only come from cold hearted greedy ** that continue to rob people in tough situations. OK...I have bad credit...It doesn't give you the right to rob me. People, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you have bad credit...DO NO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK OR YOU WILL BE SORRY. I GUARENTEE IT!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I understand more than you know you need a car. Work, family, emergency or just starting out. But do your homework. Do not use this company. You will never pay off the car. They will find ways to charge you. This place needs to be investigated and audited. The rates are a prison you will never escape. I feel that they take advantage of people and are predatory lending. No kidding. Never again. I will walk before I ever use this company again..I will review on site I can. At least I can warn as many as possible. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I know for a fact a baby can do better than them. I hate to call them... Whew lord... Do not get a car loan with them!!!! It will not be a good experience. They are something else to deal with. Hell. Hell.

Original review: March 19, 2021

They financed me a car and I THOUGHT that I was getting the GAP coverage but when I totaled it in an ice storm several months later, they hadn't put the coverage on my loan and they are claiming that I owe them $3600 above the value of the car. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I have been dealing with Crescent for 4 year stressful years. No one that know the account or can explain fees or how funds are applied. I paid $400 per week for an entire month just to see if any would go towards my principal after paying the interest that was listed under pif, although I was told they charge daily interest no one knows what the daily interest is or how/why all payments were only applied to interest only, that $1600 in 30 days, my normal payment is $445. I have filed complaints with CFPB and FDIC and they just sent a false letter of interactions with me and the case was closed, smh. This company is truly highway robbery and I will never finance with them again.

Crescent Bank Company Information