Crescent Bank & Trust

New Orleans, LA

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the absolute WORST company, ever. I got this loan when I was 23. 5 years and $24000 later, over 13k has gone to interest and only 11k to principal. This company does a daily compound interest. There were a few times where my $500 payment went completely to interest! Don't even think about going 5 days late. They'll call you 2-3 times a day asking for their money. I will give them that there were 2 times where I had to skip the month that they worked with me, but that's about the ONLY positive review I have for them. I was told that if I made my payments on time for 6 months, they'd refinance my loan. Well that never happened.

I've tried multiple times to tell them my last name is changed, that I'm no longer with the co-signer, etc, but nothing ever gets noted on your account ever. We finally sold the car April 28 (God forbid, 3 days after my due date). Anyways, there was some glitch at the dealership that the payment to Crescent hasn't gone through. I've told them literally every single day since that I've sold the car, and to take it up with the dealership.

I'm still getting threatening phone calls how they're going to repo it. Sorry, not in my possession anymore, take it up with the dealership. I even gave them the company I'm now financed through (finally got my credit to where I can go through a credit union) and they still call multiple times a day. I worked with a gentleman named Thomas who said if I made my payment when I said I would, that he would wipe the late fees from my account. That never happened ($15 any time you go over 10 days). They charge $5 just to pay online (same if you call and make the payment).

DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS. Seriously, choose any other company. These people are fraudulent, and will not stop at anything. 99% of the time you can't understand a word they say on the phone, and always sound completely irritated. I'd be irritated too if I worked for such a shady company! STAY AWAY FROM CRESCENT BANK!!! Would have given NEGATIVE stars if possible!!!

We have an auto loan with them and they are very hard to get in touch with. They are extremely rude, threatening, and harassing, and liars. They will tell you what you want to hear. Make arrangements with you and then break them, make unauthorized debts to your bank account.

I was trying to purchase a car in the last month and I got approved by a Chevrolet Fred Beans dealership in Doylestown. I got approved for a loan, the bank happens to be Crescent Bank. It appears that I was missing just a few more paper work like a lease, two more references, and bank statements. They were very rude and falsifying inaccurate statements that was not given. Well the person I was associated with, which was Kat. (She was rude to me, my landlord and then try to flip the script as we were the ones being ungracefully rude to her.)

This happens to take place yesterday late afternoon. They didn't even give me 24 to 48 hours to give them the paperwork before they pulled my loan. Worse company I have ever dealt with. As if a person trying to buy a car is going to proceed with it without having a job. What I'm basically saying is if a person is working a 9 to 5 or 12 to 8 shift how do you expect them to give you all the documentation that you need in due time while at work trying to maintain and keep their job?? Crescent Bank is by far the worst I've ever encountered. I wouldn't even work there if the president of the United States paid me to.

They call your job & references (who is 84 & 90 yrs old) when late. They told me that my wife is a liar. They sent payment back to my acct & it didn't show up for 3 days. But they needed their $ again. So the lady said she would push the payment back. Now I am paying $2 a day for their mess up. So I only had a year to pay this car off but now it's going to take another 3 yrs because of interest. Plus for years I paid them $9.98 fee for paying with a card. Everyone uses a bank card these days. Besides they make enough $ on interest.

Why should I have to pay so much fees when I was just making a payment. They are the rudest customer service I've ever talked to. When I first got sick I told them I couldn't make the payment. They told me to ask everyone for $10 so I can get my payment to them. My car was $9000.00 but I'm paying $30000.00 for it. That should be against the law. Yeah it's a high risk but that don't give them the right to rip people off or treat them like garbage. If there was a bus I would have them come and get this 10 yr old car. STAY AWAY.

I called at least 4 times today. The first three was told (automation) to enter account number or last 4 of social security which I did and then it flips back to payment options where you must enter an account number. Do not have account number. Very discouraging. Finally got a person on the line and then after being on hold for 9 minutes was transferred to a Melissa **. A supervisor I believe. RUDE, RUDE, and RUDE. I explained I was just trying to make a payment of 900.00 on my daughter's account. Was told they needed to speak to her and see if they can talk to me. Talk about what?

I told her either they want money or they do not and that I cannot believe all this. "YOU CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT" AND THEN SAID "YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY" AND HUNG UP ON ME. What kind of customer service is this, I am glad I am not the one with the auto loan. Therefore it will be this evening before my daughter can make this payment, and I am sure more fees will be added to this account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?

In 2011, I purchased a new Nissan Versa for my wife who did not have any credit. I myself had just gone back to work after being unemployed for 18 months, so my credit score wasn't much better. However, after being convinced by the car salesman at Maroone Nissan in Pembroke Pines, FL that it was better to buy new than used, he steered me to Crescent Bank.

The loan had a super high interest rate of like +/- 15% and we had to put $2,000 down! I had to borrow the money from my mom! I should have walked away but I didn't. In the end, we would be paying more than $23,000 for a $16,000 car. In addition, we were told we had to get the GAP insurance (another $40 a month) because the interest was so high and it was a six year loan.

My wife and I subsequently separated, but she agreed that she would keep making the payments on the car and refinance when she could. I agreed. A couple of years passed, and in July 2015, I received a letter from Crescent Bank that the loan was in arrears. I immediately contacted the bank regarding their letter and to get additional information. I explained to them that I had only seen my wife a couple of times since we separated in January 2013, and I had lost contact with her and the car after her immigration case went south. When we separated, I gave my wife a notarized power of attorney with the assumption that she would refinance the car since she had established credit and the interest rate on the loan from Crescent Bank was extremely high. I just assumed she had done this, however, for whatever reason she apparently never did it.

I had extensive conversations regarding this situation with Crescent Bank, as well as sending them a detailed letter with all the available information I had on my wife and her whereabouts; I believed she was somewhere in Miami-Dade County, Florida; I even thought that the car might have been taken to Colombia where she was from. Since I had not seen the vehicle since October-November 2014, nor did I have any idea where the car or my wife were, I was concerned. I contacted all her friends, acquaintances, previous employer, but our separation was not amicable, and many of her friends do not speak English. I did an Intelius search and got an old address in Miramar, FL.

I asked Crescent Bank many times that if they found the vehicle to please pick it up and contact me and I would assume custody/responsibility for the payments. Now that my credit score was 650+ I had already talked with my credit union about a loan for +/- 5%. With less than $6,000 owed on a car worth $10k+, who wouldn't want it? I also contacted the Broward Sheriffs Office, the county of my residence, to see if filing a stolen car report would be practicable. I was told that since my wife had permission to drive the car the loan issue was a civil matter and they could not get involved.

Then, I receive a letter from Crescent Bank stating that they had repossessed the vehicle, and that if I wanted the car, I could travel to New Orleans to an auction and attempt to purchase it? They never called me, even though I had asked them many times to let me know if they found the car and they had all my numbers. I also received the letter after the date of the supposed auction. What a rip off, they sold it to one of their buddies at a rock bottom price and charged me what was owed. What kinds of business practices are these? Next, I get a credit alert that Crescent Bank had reported a repossession on my credit; to wit my credit score dropped 100+ points.

Adding insult to injury, I then get served with a Summons in October 2016 stating that Crescent Bank was suing me for the unpaid balance on the vehicle. I humbly decided to go to mediation as did not have the resources to afford an attorney, and I knew that I went to court, I would be overwhelmed with their lawyers - a small fish in a big pond. In the end, I freely agreed to pay $100 a month for 80 months to settle this debt with Crescent Bank. I just didn't see any other option.

In the end, Crescent Bank will have received $32,000 on a car they financed $14,000 on. What an unbelievable scam. Even after all the extra work on my part helping them find the car, and their failure to contact me after they had the car - even though I asked them repeatedly, seven years later, I am still paying Crescent Bank for a car that I should have been able to buy for what was owed. Shame on Crescent Bank and shame on the people who work for a company like this.

I pay these people every month by the 18th. My payment is due the 10th. I get paid on the 15-16 of the month. They call me three to four times a day even after my payment has posted. Also my husband passed away 3 weeks after buying this car in 2015. This bank REFUSES to take him off my loan with copies of the death certificate and everything that I have provided to them. I was told they would have to re-write the loan. Then re-write it, that's not problem. He is gone. I need him off this loan and my car registration. I have no idea what to do. Plus they report on my credit that I pay late 30 days or more. I have proof of every single payment and never have I once been more than 8 days past my payment date.

My husband got a car through Crescent bank in 2014. He had a good paying job but not so good credit as he was frequently late on things. This bank calls everyday. If you are 1 minute late they call. Life happens and sometimes you have things come up. They do NOT understand that! I am not on the loan. It's in his name only. They still call ME. I am like "look this is not MY loan". They are not polite and not easy to talk with. I can not get a word in edge wise. They do not care what your excuses are. They want the payment NOW or further action will be taken.

I wish we had known about this company before my husband got this loan. They love to call you all the time. I told them today the money order was sent a week ago and they said they can't control the mail... Well I can't control the mail either! They do not care if you are sick, they do not care if you are eating Ramen noodles everyday to get by, they do not care you need medicine so you were late because of that. All payments are up to date and they still say my husband owes about the same as he did 2 years ago! I guess that's what you get when you use a bank named after crescent rolls, lol.

I had a 6 year auto loan that I have been paying extra. I was going pay off Jan 2017 (3 years). Was 6 months ahead monthly but now that I want to pay off early I am charged a fee for missing a payment that was already paid. So yes I got ugly. Paid off the loan and will NEVER use that bank again. I guess They are having financial troubles...

I purchased a used 2008 Kia Spectra in 2013 and interest rates were rather high so I had a loan to pay for this car for 5 damn years and that's totally ridiculous when the car was already 5 years old. Anyway recently this car started giving me major problems like the transmission going out and it also have electrical problems which will cause me a helluva a lotta money to repair and on top of that my place of employment is about to close and after December 9th I will be without a job.

So when they contacted me I simply told them these very things and that I would not be able to make any payments and they can come and get the car because with all the problems going on with it. I'm hitchhiking to places I need to go, it's not worth it. So the guy ask me the mileage on the car and when I told him he said to me "well its not worth much and therefore it's not worth us coming get" and they are constantly calling me.

My situation has not changed and their car is in my yard and they can come and retrieve it anytime they want to. It's not that I don't want to pay them. I'm in no position to do so at this time and them calling me everyday is not going to change the fact that my job is ending and I don't have the money to pay them at this time. I'm in the process of trying to find a way to consolidate my bills so that I can start paying them to get rid of these people. The moral of this story is everything that looks good and sounds good isn't always good for you and dealing with CB&T is one of them.

I have a car financed through CB&T. There are times I have been late due to injuries and missing work but I have never been threatened by them for repossession of my car. Also my car note fell at the wrong time of the month and I was late. I would make arrangements with them to take my car note out of my checking account and they did. I always got an e-mail to confirm when they would take my payment. I even pay my loan online and it only cost 2.50 to pay it that way. I am now totally disabled and they were patient with me while I waited for my disability payments started. We are all at this bank for the same reason. Low credit scores.

My car payment is due in the third of each month. It is late on the fifteenth. This institution begins daily calls on the fifth. When I pay over the phone they assess a $9.99 fee. Later I found out it was a collection fee for the agent. One month out of three years I was actually late and the gentleman told me he had to add a $40 finders fee. Like a skip trace fee because I was late. I refused but then the next statement it was added to my amount due.

When they call and I answer it is a one sided monologue of them blaming and shaming me. One person even threatened to begin garnishment proceedings because I answered the phone on the 10th of the month and where I had ignored all of the other 5 days of Calls, sometimes three times a day. If you like harassment get a loan from them.

I got an auto loan with this company five years ago, it was my first car and they screwed me big time. I had very good credit, average income, and a cosigner who made twice my car note and I'm paying 20% interest! I've been trying to make a offer to pay the remainder of my loan and they refuse to take anything less than the full amount. Every time I call they definitely have a nasty attitude before you even tell them your reason for calling.

The reason that I am sending in a review is because these people that I spoke with was so mean to me when it came to getting my title. I paid my car off and they sent my title to the wrong address, so I called them back to inform them that it went to the wrong person. All of the customer service people including a lady by the name of Sheila very rude to me. I called in several times to change my address and they told me that it would be coming to my new address within two weeks and as of today I still have not received it... so l called back again and spoke with another customer service person who told me that I need to go and pay for a duplicate title since it did not come back to them... I told her that is not what was said to me a month ago. This company is very horrible and I would never deal with them again.

I did speak with a manager by the name of Amy and the way she spoke to me on the phone today I would not speak to a dog that way, so I just hung the phone up... The manager Amy was so loud to me and showed no comfort in assisting me. If I was a undercover boss they would all be fired. This bank has so many disrespectful staff and they also have the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life with no regards in helping servicing the public. If you are a person who is looking for someone to finance your car or any banking don't use this bank at all. PLEASE STAY AWAY from THEM. This HAPPEN to ME and MADE ME FEEL SO BAD.

This bank is absolutely crooked. They repossessed my vehicle after a 25 day late pay! When I asked them how that was possible the representative told me it was because I hadn't "communicated" with them that the payment would be late. 25 days! They had the wrong telephone # for me, a # that was 11 years old... not the # listed on my car loan application, and said they called and left messages demanding payment. The repossession resulted in close to $700 in recovery fees, $200 to get my vehicle back, and $25/day storage fees. Unexpected expenses. I let them keep the vehicle and used the money towards a new down payment through my credit union. I will never recommend this bank to anyone. The representatives are not knowledgeable, unprofessional, and insensitive to their clients. The entire experience left me momentarily stressed out and extremely pissed off!

I had bought my car back in 2013 cause I had to. My car was on its last leg, it was becoming a safety hazard. So I bought my car and told them no more than $300 was the car payment. They told me Crescent Bank was a great bank and I would have no problems. LIES! In 2013 and 2014 I never missed a payment up until February when I was fired from my job. I did a deferment on the loan, they said everything was taken care of. Found a new job started payment once again. I was told I have until the 18th since my car is due on the 11th for it to be not considered late. It was a Sunday morning at 8 am and they were calling me harassing me already.

Then one time I was short $20 and they harassed my parents phone and my friend's phone. Called my Dad 15 times within a 30 minute period. They do what is called Spoof Call. The employees there are very rude. I was crying the one day because I didn't know what I was going to do and the woman sighed on the phone and was smacking her gum in my ear like some ghetto fabulous chick. NOT PROFESSIONAL. If they can not get the right people for their customer service maybe the managers should do it for them. Unfortunately, I still have this loan and due to my poor credit I can not find someone to refinance it. In 3 years I have paid more on my car than what it is worth. When my car is paid off I will never get another car loan from them.

I purchase a vehicle on 8/10/2013, Crescent Bank & Trust financed my vehicle. I had a total of 66 months to pay until the vehicle is considered mine. Well, I paid the car in full on 4/22/2016, and I was told it would be 45 days before I receive my title. Then another agent told me days later it will be 10 days from the date my last payment was received. I have never been late, I have always paid more than my monthly obligations and I have been having problems with cooperation since I have been dealing with this bank. I have even had times where my funds was spit and I don't know why, but per the agent I written a letter asking that which I never indicated that. Then, when I asked that they send me the documents that I supposedly sent them stating that my fund are split to mail it to me, I never received the documents.

Then I was told I must have written two separate checks to total to my payment amount which that also never happened. I check my credit report monthly with all three bureaus being that I am a victim of fraud. When I looked at what my balance was I started a investigation. Crescent Bank then replied to the dispute stating that the balance that is appearing on my credit report is correct. They did not update my credit report monthly like they are suppose to and as of now my current balance is showing $10,353.00 which I am disputing as of today. I do not know what else to do, but I know some type of legal actions need to be taken against this bank immediately. I am a loyal customer who always paid on time and never been late.

This bank must hire idiots! I recently deferred February's payment to help out financially. The bank called saying we were 46 days late and that they were going to repo the car if a payment was not made. So payment was made and all misunderstanding was cleared up, so I thought. However, the next morning after talking to the bank I wake up to the vehicle missing out from under the carport and tire drag marks all the way down the driveway. Contacted the bank and they confirmed receipt of payment and their mistake on the deferred payment but no one ever cancelled the repossession. This company is a disaster and obviously after reading the 90+ "very dissatisfied" reviews can't seem to complete normal bank processes. DO NOT GET A LOAN FROM THIS BANK!

Do not, I repeat do not get a auto loan with them!! Yes they will give anyone a loan but if you're a day late, they call and harass you! Not one of those employees are nice or understandable! After having a loan with them and lost my job, they repossessed my car and but was on time with every single payment for 3 years straight!!! After 3 years of having the car, they marked that. Every payment for the past 3 years was late when it never was!!! Don't go through them!!!

All my payments are made on time. One of my payments I mail off to them got lost and they got it. I've spoken with one of the workers already but the bank claim it's not there. The other workers claim it's not there and another employee said the payment is there but the workers and the bank managers been calling me everyday with attitudes for a payment they lost.

My loan was sold to them a few months back, old loan company mailed info to the wrong address even though they deny it, continued to make payments to old company. All of the sudden start getting calls from Crescent Bank demanding payment. Rep that I initially spoke to said we need confirmation # of payment that was made to update records. Advised did not have it and they need to contact old company to get that info. No one ever completed my request even though I spoke to Judy the manager who advised she would reach out to IDA. I just contacted Crescent to advise can no longer afford the car and would like to surrender it. Got put on hold twice and mistransferred to another useless rep that could not help me!

Spoke to some ** named Sharonda who claimed to be a mgr and was interrogated as to why I wanted to surrender the car! Asking questions like "Did something happen?" Meaning did something happen to the car. Is the car still fully insured? Why does that matter at this point? Why would anyone carry insurance on a car that they can no longer afford??? She also advised could not provide a specific date for when the car will be picked up because "We cannot come and get the car just because you want us to." "There is a process." So what process do you have to follow? The let's use stall tactics to ensure the customer will be left on the hook for as much as possible process?? Do not do business what this bank!!! I've never even heard of Crescent until my loan got sold to them! Who the ** are you guys anyway???

I have been dealing with these crooked, rude and overall disrespectful "people" for 1 and a half years. I do not know how this company is able to stay in business. I am researching how to report and deal with these criminal, predatory Lender.

Crescent Bank and Trust by all means was not the best for a car loan. However if you have bad, horrible, or ** credit, they give you a shot. The interest rate is horrendous but at least you have a car. People complain that they call you when you're late on your payment but to fix that, don't be late on your payment. It's that simple.

I finance a 2010 Chevy Impala LTZ and was paying a 19.4% interest rate. Yes it was high and my payments were higher, but my credit score was less than a 600 and this is the only bank that would finance me. After 12 months of paying on-time and fixing things on my credit report, I was able to refinance my car through another establishment at a better interest rate.

Would I recommend people to go to Crescent Bank and Trust first? Absolutely not. But if you have poor bad, horrible, ** credit and you are trying to fix it, like everyone else who is trying to fix their credit, you have to start at the bottom. That means paying high interest rates, paying on-time, and you have to bite the bullet. If you make your payments on-time for one year, I guarantee you'll be able to refinance your car through another establishment at a lower interest rate as long as you're not messing up your credit anywhere else.

I would give this company 4 stars, maybe even five because for what I needed them for, they were there. I needed a stepping stone to establish good credit and they gave me an opportunity to do it. If you have poor credit, you're not going to get an interest rate of 5%. People with great credit can barely get an interest rate of 5% nowadays. I'll end with this - if you have bad credit and you're looking to take your credit in the right direction, no matter where you go you're going to have to pay high interest rates. Crescent Bank and Trust gave me a shot and I appreciate that. To everyone who says they call if you're late on your payment, simple fix is to not be late. Keep your word. If someone owed me money and didn't pay on the day they said they would pay, I would call them too.

This company repossessed my car after 32 days! Everyone I talked to was very rude! They do not want to work with you at all. I guess they do not understand how life happens sometimes! I surely hope none of the workers have something tragic happen and need some help with bills. This is the worst company to finance from. How they are still in business is beyond me! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CORPORATION! Horrrribbleee!

I purchased a 2012 Dodge Caravan in June 2015 & of course I had poor credit issues due to being seriously ill and unemployed. I was grateful and shocked when I was approved for the car because I knew I had credit issues. I'm on a fixed income that comes in after the due date so I was late paying in July, and now it's August and as of today, I'm 12 days late and they repoed my car. At first I thought it was stolen because according to our police, the law is that they have to be notified of towed and repoed vehicles... there's no record.

I spoke with my acct rep (named Jeff) yesterday because I'm in the hospital with pneumonia and I told him my daughter was paying that day and the payment was mailed already via money. He promised he'd note the account and never said anything about the repo. He did violate my privacy though by asking what I was in the hospital for and said, "oh so you got sick after your cruise???" He asked for my daughter's number and I told him I didn't know it and was in the hospital.

Now I have no idea where the car is. No notification of the repo... and the days are adding up. I can't afford to pay the charges I'm seeing noted in all these comments. This is ridiculous. I'm sick, I can't take no more. This is crazy. I'm in the hospital trying to breath and heal and this is killing me. Now they've extended my hospital stay because my pressure is up. BUT FOR REAL, 12 DAYS LATE??? I need help and have no idea where to turn. I'm getting sicker and sicker. Why did the dealer recommend these abusers??? Why??? My credit is already bad so if I can't afford to get the car back, they can keep it!!?? You can't get blood from a stone!!! I can't add the verified receipt info because all my papers are in the car they repoed!!!

The only major issue I have had with them is that they do call and harass you daily if you are one day late with is understandable in most cases but if you say that I'll make the payment on Friday why the need to constantly call everyday up until Friday.. I have no idea if there is any logically explanation behind this. Also the interest rate is horrible and it's front loading interest. What that means is that no matter when you pay your car off you will pay all of the interest. Horrible right. I decided to refinance my car through my credit union and I will still pay more than the car is worth but I guess that's the price you pay when your credit is horrible. Wish I would have known about my credit union before I went with Crescent bank... I will call this experience brought sense. I will say if you want to buy common sense finance your car through Crescent Bank and trust they will for sure teach you a valuable lesson.

Very rude employees up to management. The manager was worse actually. No compassion whatsoever. As if the money belongs to her. Most ppl don't answer the phone or choose to hide the vehicle. I've done neither. I called myself at 13 days late. Can't wait to pay this off. Never get me again.

I had a 2013 Dodge Charger that financed through Crescent Bank. I was always on time till me and my husband both lost our jobs. I quickly find a small pay job and sent in what I could. After being 22 days late on a PARTIALLY paid payment they sent out a repo. Called to work a deal and they said no - I signed paperwork saying I would pay. All of their representatives including their bank manager is very rude and will not answer any questions but will have a representative call and do their dirty work. I will never ever sign with this company again and have encouraged all my family and friends to never sign with them.

I wrote a review back in 2013 saying I was happy with Crescent Bank & Trust and here it is 2015 and I am still satisfied with the company! I see all these complaints saying how rude these people are! How they call and harass you and your family and reference! Well never ever has this happened to me! I always pay within the grace period and they never once called me. However this month I has a bad rash of things happened! I had someone get a hold of my debit card and take my money so I had to shut my debit card down! So my payment was 2 days past grace period! I also lost my phone in the same week and had to buy a new one so Crescent didn't have my new number so they had to call my work phone today which I completely understand.

My point is they did not yell or scream at me!!! They did not call and harass my references! They only do that when people try to avoid them! Answer your phone and be honest and they won't call everyone you know! Everyone has things come up but if you let this bank know they will work with you! Of course they will hunt you down if they can't get a hold of you for weeks after payment is due! You have their car!!! And yes it's their car till you pay it off!!! We have bad credit so they have to stay on top of us to get their money! But if you pay on time or at least let them know when you will beating they are very nice and professional! I have not had a problem yet!!! I appreciate they gave me a loan when no one else would! Thanks Crescent Bank!

This company doesn't work with at all. I was only 39 days behind and ready to make a payment on Friday (payday July 10,2015) and they repo my car the day before (July 9, 2015). The recovery co. they used didn't notified me. They were taking the car and pulled it on the rollback without putting the car in neutral. Now the car may have mechanical problem. They called for a payment on the car on July 10, 2015. The customer rep. had no idea it was repo. When they transferred me to the correct dept. they had no idea what was going on. They are rude and have no compassion to work with the customer.

Crescent Bank & Trust Company Profile