2. Finance

New Orleans, LA

3.9/5 (208 ratings)

About Crescent Bank & Trust

Crescent Bank & Trust Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?

Original review: March 19, 2021

They financed me a car and I THOUGHT that I was getting the GAP coverage but when I totaled it in an ice storm several months later, they hadn't put the coverage on my loan and they are claiming that I owe them $3600 above the value of the car. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I have been dealing with Crescent for 4 year stressful years. No one that know the account or can explain fees or how funds are applied. I paid $400 per week for an entire month just to see if any would go towards my principal after paying the interest that was listed under pif, although I was told they charge daily interest no one knows what the daily interest is or how/why all payments were only applied to interest only, that $1600 in 30 days, my normal payment is $445. I have filed complaints with CFPB and FDIC and they just sent a false letter of interactions with me and the case was closed, smh. This company is truly highway robbery and I will never finance with them again.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

This has been a long process with Crescent Bank, (6 years), my loan is finally paid off. In the beginning of the loan, I fell on hard times and had to defer a few payments, all terms and conditions were read to me at that time, moving forward years later to loan maturity date and now it is time to pay the payments that were pushed back. I spoke with customer service at Crescent Bank and Trust who instructed me to continue making payments on my original due date, I called in to make my third payment on the deferment. Customer service said, I must set payments up in advance or my payments would no longer be accepted, so I did. Approximately two or three weeks later, I received a call from a manager at Crescent Bank and Trust telling me that making payments on a deferred account was unacceptable and account need to be settled today, 2,500.00.

I explained to the manager that I was instructed by two of his customer service employees to continue making payments, and that I was only doing what I was told to get my bill paid off. I paid balance in full. Three months later I'm checking my credit score and noticed Crescent put on my credit 90 days late on my payment. I have spent the last 4 months trying to get this removed from my credit through Crescent Bank. I have been told by customer service my car is in repossession, I owe $ 3,000 on my loan, and "We can't help you." If customer service is there to give advice or direction and you follow that direction, you cannot be in the wrong, the car is paid off. I just need the 90 days late taken off of my credit especially after paying on time for 6 years.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Loan was approved in 2019. Since covid, all payments went towards interest FOR 6 MONTHS, NO PRINCIPAL. So my balance became like it was upon purchase! Now I can't log in to the site to make a payment. Redirected to another site that doesn't allow for pay off quotes. Is this BANK FOR REAL? Do we still have to make payments? Can someone give me a reply, please?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

This company is full off Thieves. It ain’t worth the time or Money. You're better off riding the bus than getting a loan off these people ever again and I hope that everyone that reads this go thru another company.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I’ve been trying 3 months to get into my online account. When I send a request for a new password, the system “verifies” your info by emailing a token code. When you enter the code plus additional info, the system states that the code is incorrect. I called the bank and was told, “I don’t know if I can help you with that but I can make a payment.” I told her “no” that I wanted to see my account and make the payment online so I needed to speak to a technician. The reply was, “Ummmm let me see if I can find someone here who can help with that.” I eventually hung up. My experience with this bank is that they conduct fraudulent moves to force payees into making late payments that they’re able to profit from. How sad.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I am a caregiver to a disabled Veteran (U.S Marines). This poor guy had a car loan through Crescent Bank. An inattentive driver totaled his vehicle on February 2, 2020. Although the other driver's insurance company has paid $19,351.48 on the car, and GAP has sent over $4,000.00 (when only $2,000+ was the left over balance), Crescent Bank has refused to relay this information to the credit bureaus. They told me directly that either I or the Veteran has to contact the credit bureaus to get the $31,000.00 balance removed from the credit bureau records. And, why is $31,000.00 on the credit bureaus?? The payoff was just over $22,000.00, and has been paid by the insurance company and GAP!! In fact, Crescent Bank owes this disabled Vet the overage paid Crescent Bank by GAP!! With all of the horrible reviews here, as well as on the Better Business Bureau website, why has there been no change in this bank's business practices?? Why has there been no class action lawsuit against them?? As I am writing this, my disabled Veteran is filling out a request for review on National Consumer Law Center!! This disabled Vet cannot purchase another vehicle to get to his V.A. Doctor appointments, go shopping, etc., because Crescent Bank will not notify the credit bureau that he no longer owes them for the car! Legally, the insurance company for the driver who caused the accident, and GAP, have paid the amount legally owed on the totaled vehicle...so, why is Crescent Bank leaving $31,000 on the credit bureaus when the payoff of $22,000.00+ has been paid??? This is truly unconscionable!!! WHERE CAN THIS DISABLED MARINE GO FOR HELP? I am writing this review because I am handling all of the physical and financial affairs of this Veteran...he is so calm about this, yet I am dealing with the rude people at Crescent Bank and am really fed up!! HELP!!"

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I bought car with a loan through Crescent Bank and Trust about 5 years ago and recently paid my car off last month. The experience with them has been the absolute worst. I would always pay my car earlier than the due date and plus extra but when I did and my payment came around, they said I was still late and that I had to make a payment which I didn’t understand. If I paid early why would I still owe for that month. Each time I did that I got late fees. I would have to call them each time I wanted to pay early so they would apply it for that month's payment so I wouldn’t be considered late. Customer service was horrible and most of the time rude when you asked questions.

Recently I paid off my car and got a notification from my credit monitoring that I was past due when I have paid the loan off! I was supper pissed and upset because of their false report. Made my score drop 50+ points! I was beyond livid and called them, and the lady I talked to said, "Yes you don’t owe anything. Your car is paid off," and when I asked why they would report that I still owed money she simply says it was a mistake! I was even more upset because she did seem to care or apologize for the mistake and told me that I had to file a claim to get this fixed!

If I knew then what I know now, I would never do a loan on a car. It not worth it and the rates are ridiculous. You end up paying almost half more than the value. I see why their rating is 1.3 which is actually nice because they need a -10 just because the customer service is so horrible. Please stay far away from Crescent bank and trust. They don’t care anything about their customers. You have been warned!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My experience with this "bank" is one that I would love to forget. I was late on a couple of payments due to job downsizing and when I informed them about my situation, I was told that my payments would be put on the "back end" of my loan, which would have made my final payment due in June of 2020, which was no problem, Here's where the problem came in: the harassing and nonstop phone calls. I would NOT recommend this company to anybody and if I had known the reviews of this company before purchasing the car, I never would have done business with them. They are rude, unprofessional, and will barrage you every day all day. Please do not consider this company for anything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I am a little bit confused. I got a loan from Crescent Bank. It was for my pick up truck and it cost me $345 a month. I paid the loan for five years. I have one more payment on the truck. I got sick and I went to the hospital and I missed 2 Payments but I called and I made arrangements and this company worked with me beyond what they should have. I paid the loan for five years. I have one more payment on the truck. They rolled my payments Forward for me two times due to health issues.

If you wanna first time loan and you have bad credit this company will work with you. I have had very good experience with this company. If you can’t pay your payment call them and make an arrangement. If you do not make an arrangement then they’re going to come get your stuff. It’s common sense. You got understand that it's investors cash they’re using. They can’t just let it go. This company is based in New Orleans. It’s an American company. I got in a car accident and the whole front end of my truck was wrecked. I fixed it and I was sent the check from my finance company to me. The check came from my insurance company.

I see a lot of bad reviews on here but I will be honest with you. I feel it’s because people don’t pay their bills on time because I’ve never had a problem this company not one. I wish their call center wasn’t in the Philippines and it was in the United States. Thank you for reading my review and I promise you on my life I’m telling you the truth about this company. Yes they might charge a little more for interest and yes they might charge five dollars a day if you don’t pay your payment on time. But what do you expect for a company that is giving you thousands of dollars when you don’t have a history of paying it back...

Crescent Bank & Trust Company Information