New Orleans, LA

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Crescent Bank & Trust

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Crescent Bank & Trust Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I called Crescent Bank several times and voluntarily surrendered the vehicle a few months ago. They never came picked it up. Told me they would send someone out to get it but yet they put on my credit that I don’t want to pay for the vehicle and leaving bad remarks…. I’ll never deal with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

This finance company is the worst company to do business with. I finance a car 2014 @ 18% interested rate, had to, my credit was shaky @ the time. 12/2019, I made the decision to only have liability insurance on the car, as the balance on the vehicle was about $7000 @ the time and I couldn't justify paying car note @ $346 & insurance @ $275 for full coverage.

1/2020, the car was totaled, I called Crescent & inform them that the car was towed & completely totaled, so I want to make an offer & close the account. He explained the process would be 1. The car would have to be auctioned and the amount applied to my account, and then the balance would be determine. Customer service continued to call me, so I made 1/2020 & 2/2020 within the 30 days. I finally spoke with someone @ the end 2/2020, that closed the account to eliminate the customer service calls, mid-July or August, I called & was told the balance was more than the original $7980. I argued that with the gentlemen & he told me the account will eventually go to the collection company, @ which point, I could negotiate with them.

The account was finally assigned to a collection agency 1/2021 and the gentleman was hard-selling me to give more than I owed or can afford, finally 3rd quarter, he accepted an amount, I could afford. I sent the payment, but Crescent wasn't done taking advantage of me... Crescent credit reporting went back to 3/2020- 7/2021 and showed late payments prior to the settlement, it showed CHARGE OFF before payment. This 15 late payments has impacted my credit reporting negatively, had the agent 2/2020 told me continue paying and/or late payments would be reported later, I would have exercised another option. I have contacted Crescent several times regarding my concern, with no compassion to my issues.

This company prays on people that have so much to lose by this type of negative impact. I'm buying a house and the bank has told me these late payments will impact me, because its current. My current score in spite is 757,727,742. and the only negative impact is this company. Please be WARNED that this company does NOT have your best interest in mind. I bought a truck for $14,000. I paid double to this company. Granted this company wasn't the reason my credit was compromised in 2014, but thinking back, I might have made better decisions.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

If you're thinking about getting a car through a loan from this company I've but one word. DON'T! Don't be like me and others on this page who may have neglected to read in detail the small print. Don't let a car dealership tell you you're approved through this company even though you know your credit isn't that good...or maybe just downright bad. The dealership will tell you it's 10% compounded interest and so you may think (like I did) that this is monthly. People...IT'S DAILY so by the month's end you owe 10% of your loan X 30 days and they take that right off the top before applying anything to your principal balance so you'll be paying interest (thousands upon thousands) and you'll never see your principal balance shrink! YOU WILL NEVER GET THIS VEHICLE PAID OFF.

By the time you're finished I swear, it's a down payment on a house. How the government allows this type of predatory lending is beyond me but this bank needs to be investigated/shut down. How they can do this without conscience, morals or couth can only come from cold hearted greedy ** that continue to rob people in tough situations. OK...I have bad credit...It doesn't give you the right to rob me. People, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you have bad credit...DO NO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK OR YOU WILL BE SORRY. I GUARENTEE IT!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I understand more than you know you need a car. Work, family, emergency or just starting out. But do your homework. Do not use this company. You will never pay off the car. They will find ways to charge you. This place needs to be investigated and audited. The rates are a prison you will never escape. I feel that they take advantage of people and are predatory lending. No kidding. Never again. I will walk before I ever use this company again..I will review on site I can. At least I can warn as many as possible. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I know for a fact a baby can do better than them. I hate to call them... Whew lord... Do not get a car loan with them!!!! It will not be a good experience. They are something else to deal with. Hell. Hell.

Original review: March 19, 2021

They financed me a car and I THOUGHT that I was getting the GAP coverage but when I totaled it in an ice storm several months later, they hadn't put the coverage on my loan and they are claiming that I owe them $3600 above the value of the car. Buyer BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I have been dealing with Crescent for 4 year stressful years. No one that know the account or can explain fees or how funds are applied. I paid $400 per week for an entire month just to see if any would go towards my principal after paying the interest that was listed under pif, although I was told they charge daily interest no one knows what the daily interest is or how/why all payments were only applied to interest only, that $1600 in 30 days, my normal payment is $445. I have filed complaints with CFPB and FDIC and they just sent a false letter of interactions with me and the case was closed, smh. This company is truly highway robbery and I will never finance with them again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

This has been a long process with Crescent Bank, (6 years), my loan is finally paid off. In the beginning of the loan, I fell on hard times and had to defer a few payments, all terms and conditions were read to me at that time, moving forward years later to loan maturity date and now it is time to pay the payments that were pushed back. I spoke with customer service at Crescent Bank and Trust who instructed me to continue making payments on my original due date, I called in to make my third payment on the deferment. Customer service said, I must set payments up in advance or my payments would no longer be accepted, so I did. Approximately two or three weeks later, I received a call from a manager at Crescent Bank and Trust telling me that making payments on a deferred account was unacceptable and account need to be settled today, 2,500.00.

I explained to the manager that I was instructed by two of his customer service employees to continue making payments, and that I was only doing what I was told to get my bill paid off. I paid balance in full. Three months later I'm checking my credit score and noticed Crescent put on my credit 90 days late on my payment. I have spent the last 4 months trying to get this removed from my credit through Crescent Bank. I have been told by customer service my car is in repossession, I owe $ 3,000 on my loan, and "We can't help you." If customer service is there to give advice or direction and you follow that direction, you cannot be in the wrong, the car is paid off. I just need the 90 days late taken off of my credit especially after paying on time for 6 years.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Loan was approved in 2019. Since covid, all payments went towards interest FOR 6 MONTHS, NO PRINCIPAL. So my balance became like it was upon purchase! Now I can't log in to the site to make a payment. Redirected to another site that doesn't allow for pay off quotes. Is this BANK FOR REAL? Do we still have to make payments? Can someone give me a reply, please?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

This company is full off Thieves. It ain’t worth the time or Money. You're better off riding the bus than getting a loan off these people ever again and I hope that everyone that reads this go thru another company.

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Crescent Bank & Trust Company Information