2. Finance

New Orleans, LA

3.9/5 (208 ratings)

About Crescent Bank & Trust

Crescent Bank & Trust Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crescent Bank & Trust?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I got a loan through this company in Feb 2019. After making double payments every month to bring down my principal balance I noticed that I was being charged $10 a day interest on top of my interest already added to my total from the beginning so in essence. I pay $500 a month (2x) for a total of $1000 a month. Basically I am 4-5 months ahead on my payments but they calculate daily interest from your payment date to you due date. so if I'm 4 months ahead that's 120days... ($1200 added interest.) When I called them out on this I was told that they are just the collection agency for my loan not the bank. I asked for the bank's info. I was told they didnt have it available. Please dont not set yourself up by using this company. I have been put on a block list. They can speak ENGLISH but act as if they dont understand what you are saying when you call. BE CAREFUL!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

My uncle who's a marine vet purchased a Nissan Versa from them and he was paying on time every time for the better half of 4 and a half years. He slipped into a coma as well as the transmission went on the car all around the same time. They constantly called and called so I got around to speaking to them and I was fed a bunch of lies as well as his balance owed on the car. So a long story short they sent a very disrespectful repo man out who used some very hateful and disrespectful words and to top it all off the car he was repossessing was in the back of a car that wasn't in repossession. Well lo and behold he put the car that had nothing to do with anything on his tow truck and slammed it into the middle of the street and threatened to splatter a woman all over the driveway just to get the car he was repossessing! And he said he does what he wants! I just want all buyers to beware!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I am a finance manager at a car dealership. My boyfriend got a loan with this company with a high interest rate because he was first time buyer and just didn't have credit. I handle all of our bills and pay every month on time. I noticed after paying for 14 months our payoff was not going down at a rate appropriate to an amortization schedule of our interest rate. I was finally able to get ahold of someone who spoke English and they mailed us the amortization schedule, I was right. They had my payoff at $14,134 which is off by almost $1,000. They are stealing your money so if you have a loan with them I suggest you have it audited yearly and request your amortization schedule.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I was financed through this company in 2015. Pay my car note every month. They give you a 10 day “grace” period but call you everyday. 4, 5 and 6 times a day in this time frame. I have NEVER been more than thirty days behind on a payment. I am currently 28 days late and these people came and put a hand delivered note on my door! For what?!? They harass me constantly and I pay my car note! Then whenever you call to talk to someone they ask 50-11 questions! I hate this company and I pray that they go bankrupt so that they won’t be able to keep getting over and harassing people! Additionally, I pay a portion of my car note once a week and yet my payoff balance has gone up?? It was just at 11,000. It is now at 12,500??? I’m at the point where I just want to take the car back!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Made many attempts at contacting a representative in the United States. All have failed, but one. This person assured me a chargeback for the accidental double charge that was made would process in about 2-3 business days. It has been over a week. The call center in India wants name, DOB, address, telephone, bank statement, account and routing numbers to process refund despite having acknowledged that they had accidentally taken two payments. Will be contacting State Attorney General and SEC to resolve problem. DO NOT CHOOSE OR RECOMMEND THIS LENDER. THEY DO NOT HAVE RELIABLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I paid off my loan in full. They dropped my credit score 113 points by saying I paid late. I was given the wrong mailing address. I called the offices and they said the post date on the envelope will be the pay date. The company refuses to stand by their own instructions. One customer service person even said write a complaint to the credit bureau instead of making the matter correct. Do not deal with this shady company. I have never been late on any payment to this company. So when I call ahead and get the instructions on where to send the payment, now the company say my final payment has been assessed fees.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought my van in 2014. Never missed a payment and paid December 2018 payment. Then get text saying my payment of $6481.00 is 11 days past due two days later. I called them and they said my loan matured and I owe them that amount ASAP. They will not refinance the remaining balance and said they will accept my regular monthly payment but it will be reported on my credit as outstanding unpaid debt??? My credit isn’t good enough to get a loan nor do I have anyone to co sign. I’m a single mom of three children on a low income. I will NEVER buy with this company again!? I will have my attorney after this company ASAP!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had a car loan with this horrible company and yes I fell behind on my car payment but instead of giving the car back I did what was the only right choice. I contacted them and made a settlement agreement on the price they would take to closed the account leaving my credit free from a repo listed and they agreed to 20,000.00 and I had a dealership willing to buy it for that exact amount after a good month of working with this lender and looking for a dealership or individual to purchase the vehicle. When we agreed to the settlement they gave a deadline. Well for a week before the deadline, myself, the dealership and their managers who called the bank and authorized them to talk to couldn't get them to fax over the payoff sheet. I called them. Everyone on this deal tried to get my lender to fax the payoff sheet which was in 100% completing my end of our agreement to settle the loan by saying it for the agreed settlement.

They broke our agreement which was all on recorded phone conversations the entire time. I have proof of their breaking our agreement, proof I had the thing sold and proof they have now sold it for 12k less than our settlement agreement was for and have came after me for the amount. I call this unethical, I call it ** and I call it injustice against me by them. They ruin my credit by what they did and have done since this happened. I say buyer beware. Steer clear from Crescent Bank and Trust as possible. They are bad and they do this same thing to as many people as possible. They have bad reviews because they complete garbage and shouldn't be allowed to do business in this nation.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

This bank lender canceled my warranty and gap insurance without notifying me through the mail or getting a required notification consent. I found out a year later when I took my vehicle to the dealership. I dutifully admit I got a few months behind on my car note, but my car was never repossessed as I immediately got caught up and didn't miss a payment after that. My car note never changed. Matter of fact, I built a relationship with my loan manager and we talked quarterly. And it was never a mention that it was canceled or was I made aware of on the recorded lines when I made the payments, GAP and WARRANTY were canceled. If it wasn't for my car issues, I would have gone into year number two without knowledge. This was unlawful and illegal. I no longer have them as my lender. My advice, find yourself a more reputable lender.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My wife and I bought a new car in 2015, took a loan out for 26,000. In just over 3 years we paid it down to 18,500. In 2018 my son got into an accident and the car was totalled. Geico covered the 10,000 the car was worth, yeah that's how bad they nailed us on interest. Anyway so are GAP kicked in through Crescent Bank. They only paid 4000 and left me and my wife with a 4000 dollar debt to still pay... For 3 years they were the worst people to deal with. I highly recommend you look elsewhere. They are not worth your time.

Crescent Bank & Trust Company Information