Find Debt Settlement partners near you
About Citizens Debt Relief
Citizens Debt Relief is a debt settlement company that helps customers reduce their debts. Its debt settlement program, called The Citizens Solution, is customized to each customer’s situation. You can get a free consultation to figure out if working with Citizens Debt Relief is the right choice for you.
Find Debt Settlement partners near you
- Typically reduces debt by 40% to 60%
- Offers helpful resources
- Limited pricing info
- Not available in all states
Citizens Debt Relief offers custom debt settlement services tailored to customers’ needs. Information about its pricing and terms is limited, but consultations are free if you want to learn more.
What is Citizens Debt Relief?
Citizens Debt Relief is a debt settlement company. This means it helps customers negotiate settlements with creditors to lessen or eliminate their debts for less than the original amount owed. The company does this by working directly with debtors to find a reasonable price or solution that seems fair to both parties.
Usually, this requires clients to make monthly payments to a trust account with Reliant account management, an FDIC-insured savings account provider. The money in this account accrues until you have enough to pay for a settlement.
How does Citizens Debt Relief work?
With Citizens Debt Relief, you first go through a free consultation where the company’s debt specialists help you see if you’re a good candidate for debt settlement. If the debt is too high or if saving for a settlement is unrealistic, Citizens Debt Relief might not take your case. However, if the debt specialist deems your situation a good fit, they figure out a plan of attack for your unsecured debts.
The Citizens Solution is the company’s step-by-step approach to debt resolution. It includes:
- Establishing a monthly payment plan
- Creating a savings account with a Citizens Debt Relief partner
- Communicating with creditors
- Negotiating a lower rate
Clients usually see their first settlement after four to seven months in the program, but you can expect the entire program to take two to four years. This process typically reduces clients’ original debts by 40% to 60%.
How much does Citizens Debt Relief cost?
Citizens Debt Relief claims to have flexible pricing, but its website is not transparent about its rates. Regardless, the company does not charge any fees until it has successfully reduced your enrolled debt. Reach out to the company for a free consultation to get a better idea of what debt resolution may cost you.
Citizens Debt Relief FAQ
- How much does Citizens Debt Relief cost?
- Citizens Debt Relief doesn’t have prices posted on its website, but you can get a free consultation to speak with one of its debt specialists.
- How does Citizens Debt Relief affect your credit?
- Like most debt settlement programs, it’s likely that Citizens Debt Relief’s services will negatively impact your credit score.
- Is Citizens Debt Relief legitimate?
- Yes, Citizens Debt Relief is a legitimate company. Citizens Debt Relief is part of the American Fair Credit Council and the Consumer Debt Relief Initiative. It's also certified by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA).
- Where is Citizens Debt Relief located?
- Citizens Debt Relief is located in New York City.
Is Citizens Debt Relief worth it?
If you’re struggling to keep up with your unsecured debts and you don’t qualify for other debt relief options, debt settlement from a company like Citizens Debt Relief can be worth it. If you’re interested, reach out to Citizens Debt Relief for a free consultation and do the math to compare its costs versus your possible savings.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,151,098 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The team over at Citizens Debt Relief is really helpful. I called in with some questions regarding my account and all of my questions were answered. It is nice knowing that this company has my back. They are also quick to get results!
Ari ** has guided me for the past 4 months with the utmost respect and in depth information about my finances and how his company are going to do everything in their power to resolve this situation of mine. Such a short time they have already gotten 2 settlements going and I am sure there will be others soon. Thank you for everything you are doing for me.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Citizens Debt Relief Company Information
- Company Name:
- Citizens Debt Relief
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.