4.3/5 (246 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Better Mortgage

Better Mortgage (NMLS #330511) offers an online mortgage lending program in all states except Nevada. Borrowers can get preapproval from the company in as little as three minutes. The lender doesn’t charge lender fees or incentivize its officers with commissions, and it has a referral discount program for its customers.

Pros

• No lender fees or commissions
  • 100% online application
  • Matches competitor offers
  • On-time closing guarantee

Cons

• No VA or USDA loans
  • No construction loans

Bottom Line

Better specializes in a digital mortgage application process with no lender fees or commissions. You can see a personalized quote for a conventional or FHA loan in seconds and get preapproved in just a few minutes. There is a 620 minimum credit score requirement.

Better Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Better Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Better Mortgage?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Better Mortgage reps are equipped to answer all questions so it was nice. I've gone to a couple of banks to try to get a loan and they all turn you down right away and tell you things you gotta get. Even though Better requires many of the same things, they were a lot more willing to work with you than a traditional bank. Elliott, the rep, was very quick to answer questions, even when I texted them. The response was very fast and professional. He was trained well because he knew and if he didn't know, he would ask someone and find out within the same day for me. The process took 35 days. It was from the beginning of July through August 5th. We could have closed earlier, the last week of July, but then I would have to change my homeowner's insurance. I already have homeowner's insurance that started on the 5th, so I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing that. I just continued with that closing date even if I could've closed earlier.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Shay, thank you for the review! We are grateful to hear Better has been able to meet your needs and support you along in your home financing journey. We would love the opportunity to work with you or your loved ones again in the future!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Working with Better Mortgage was great and I started a new application yesterday. The portal is easy and you just upload everything. People don't keep calling you all the time and ask for documents. It’s simple and everything's just there. The process was a little bit slow though after I provided all the documentation. To get the final approval was a bit longer than other companies that I already worked with. But the communication was great. Even with chat people or with the loan originator was completely fine. I strongly recommend Better Mortgage.

Better Mortgage response

Thank you for your review, Luiz! We are glad to hear the overall process has been smooth and that you have began a new application with us. Please email clientsatisfaction@better.com to connect with one our customer advocates who would like to work to ensure you continue to receive the high level of support you deserve. We hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I tried to go through a credit union because I heard that they might have lower rates. They took so long to get back to me. I went to a mortgage company and the rep was very prompt but their rates were higher. The process with Better Mortgage, on the other hand, was very seamless. I was very surprised. The application was super easy. I liked their website and how it was organized. It lets you know exactly what you need to do and when. The woman I talked to on the phone was the one who initially set me up. She assigned me over to a guy and he wasn't the best communicator. It was really hard to get ahold of him. He went on leave and another guy came in. He was great.

The rates I got were great too. I had enough cash to put down to lower the rate to something that was doable, given the market right now. I was pleasantly surprised at that. Theirs was a point better than the mortgage company for the same amount of cash down. The only issue I had with Better Mortgage was on the insurance portion. Given the type of loan that they had marked it as when I was trying to get the homeowner's insurance, their insurance guru was so stuck on the type that she wouldn't accept what our insurance company was providing. I knew the previous owner and got her insurance information. We forwarded that to the Better Mortgage person and it took a really long time. Finally, Better Mortgage got in there and worked it out. I was surprised that that was the thing that held everything up the most. Other than that, we closed on time.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Kisha, thank you for your review! Your insight on this experience is extremely valuable and will be shared with senior leadership to recognize where we stand to improve our processes. We are grateful to know we were able to offer you a seamless experience and would love the opportunity to work with you or your loved ones in the future.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The online application process was self-explanatory, and I like that. I've been told my rates and terms were good too. Being my first mortgage, the process was good and it didn't take very long. Dealing with people with stuff like that, this was the best experience I've ever had. If I had any concerns or questions, I get in contact with the reps and let them know. I was impressed with how nice they were. I've seen people deal with something, and they weren't so nice. I’m a homeowner now, and Better Mortgage helped me a lot. I'd use them again.

Better Mortgage response

Thank you for your review, Darryl. We are so grateful to hear that you've successfully become a first time homeowner and that our process made the overall experience positive. We would love the opportunity to assist you or your loved ones along in their home financing journeys once again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

The application process with Better Mortgage was very simple and went very smoothly. The total process took under 30 days. Justin, the rep, was great because we could text and he replied back instantly anytime I emailed him. The agent helped a lot with guiding us as far as what type of house we were looking for and what we needed. I was impressed with the responsiveness. This isn't about the rep but the ease of the website with the way the tasks are set up so that you know exactly what is required and you can mark them off as you go. It made it very easy.

Better Mortgage response

Jennifer, Thank you for your positive feedback. Our entire system was designed to make the homeownership process simpler, faster, and overall better for every American. We are happy to hear that you found our approach successful. If you ever need financing in the future, please reach out and we would be happy to assist!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Better Mortgage offered good rates and the mortgage loan expenses were at par with other companies that I got quotes from. They also had program where the for house that I wanted to buy, they would offer cash and buy it first. Then I had a period of time to get my financing nailed down and buy the house back from them. That was important because in this market, in my geographic area, unless you had a cash offer, you weren't going to get the home you wanted. It was because of that that I'm in my dream house. They were on top of everything. I also liked that they had a real estate group, a mortgage group, and a settlement group. It was like a one-stop shop. When I had questions, I could talk to them all, and they could also talk to each other. It made the process better.

Better Mortgage response

Julia, We are so happy you had a wonderful experience. The Cash Offer Program is designed to do exactly what you had stated: Win the offer and get you in your dream home as fast as possible. We would like to thank you for your positive feedback and hope if you ever need financing in the future you will choose us again!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

We were purchasing our second home, and the online application with Better Mortgage was not hard at all. Afterwards though, when they were trying to approve me for the loan, they asked a bunch of questions and it was more intense than any other loan company I know. I also applied with two other loan companies and Better Mortgage was a lot more aggressive. Maybe that's because they were online. I ended up picking Better Mortgage because the local mortgage companies have had padded so many fees. I haven’t bought a new home in 30 years, so things have changed on how you buy a home and how you pick a mortgage company. With the rates, it was a good experience and they were more competitive. I also liked the idea that they offered something that the local mortgage companies did not.

The only thing they needed to know is more about Texas law. Some things they were asking the new home builders to provide, they don't require that in Texas. I had two big pitfalls in wanting some documentation for occupancy and something else. It was a couple of hiccups in there, and some of them caused me stress. I was going back and forth with the home builder and the mortgage company because of what the underwriters wanted, but Better Mortgage worked it out. When those hiccups happened, the loan officer stayed on top of them. He was very thorough and good, and when I had questions, he followed up.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Cherry, thank you for your review. We are grateful to hear we were able to offer you competitive pricing and that your loan team was attentive in problem solving any roadblocks that came up. Your feedback regarding state laws will be shared with senior leadership to work towards improving our processes for the future. We would love the opportunity to assist you or your loved ones once again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

The application process was easy. All I had to do was plug in my information on the website and submit the application online. The rep I worked with was good. She stayed on top of things, and at times, a little pushy, but she was just trying to get our closing date to be on time. I highly recommend Better Mortgage. They're easy to work with, and working with them impacted my life in a good way because I was able to eliminate some credit debt. The rate was fair at the time, and the terms were what I asked for. So, I got what I wanted.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Daniel, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a great experience working with our teams and would love the opportunity to assist you or your loved ones again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

When we started home shopping, our Realtor pushed us towards a local lender. Once we got to the point where we were a lot closer to finalizing the purchase of our home, we started to shop rates and that was when I reached out to Better. It was hands down better than the local lender we were getting. I picked up the phone and had a conversation with our broker on the Better side to confirm some details. We were able to lock in the rate and move things forward quickly. The process was self-service. It was easy to get access to the information I needed in order to make a decision. I am technology-forward and appreciate being able to have access and transparency to all the information online. I was able to, at any time, see what was going on with my loan application. I would check in once a day and see we have new tasks and I would get those done right away. It was very efficient. It worked great for our needs.

A lot of the tasks that we got were primarily from underwriting back towards us asking for information. But there were quite a few things that were repetitive, where we had submitted information previously, several times, and we were being asked for it again. In some cases, there was an explanation as to why. But in other cases, there wasn't a good point of contact at that point to tell them we had already done it. A few times, I would reach out to our contact and say we already submitted what they were asking. There was nowhere for me to add a comment along with the files I was submitting so I would have to send an email to the rep with the attachments as well with an explanation. The ability to add some comments to the documents we were submitting would have been helpful and a little bit less of the repetition. But overall, it was a great experience for us. I would recommend Better Mortgage.

Better Mortgage response

Ron, We are so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. We pride ourselves on making homeownership as easy as possible. Thank you for your feedback. If you need any financing in the future, we would be happy to welcome you back.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I did some research and Better Mortgage came up as one of the better lenders, but then when I went through it, I wasn't too sure now. I have a pretty clean case and they just kept on pushing stuff out. They gotta extend it. Finally, they tried to make it up, but it was very stressful. I have over 800 credit and a lot of very good financial strength in all my portfolio of finances that I manage, and I don't think they really handled it that well. The loan officer was very good but as a company, I don't know if I would recommend them to other people. They made the process very painful and I wasn't so happy.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Sandesh, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We do not take these things lightly and would like to apologize for the experience you have endured. It is always our goal to make homeownership as simple as possible. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to clientsatisfaction@better.com .

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I had another quote and Better Mortgage did a matching on my estimate. Since everything was online, the process was smooth. I always got the status update through the online portal. My rep was supportive. Those questions I've thrown, she found the answers for them. The one thing I didn't like was my original closing date was July 21st and they didn't let me know there was something pending with the title company. They informed me very late. They moved my closing date on their portal, which was not good. They should have informed me the previous week if there were any concerns with the closing date. In that case, I could have talked with the title company and sorted it out. That pushed my closing date to the 25th. I planned my housewarming on the 22nd so it got messed up. Also, I had to extend my apartment lease. I had to pay a week extra for my apartment.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Sundara, Thank you for your feedback. It is because of customers like you that provide feedback that we are able to improve. We do apologize for the miscommunication that had happened and will be noting it for the future to ensure success. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Better Mortgage had the best interest rates available. We did shop around and no one else could really beat or come close to them. It was convenient working with Viv and Adam. There was a little bit of confusion because we happened to hit some vacation time. So, we got switched from one person to another right at the very end, but it all seemed to work out pretty well. The week of closing, we worked with Adam and he was super helpful and responsive. The title company for the seller was a little bit sassy and they did great. Adam was very responsive to her and seemed to calm her down quite a bit too. We've already recommended Better to multiple friends and family members.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Amber, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your valuable feedback. We will be sure to relay your thoughts on your experience to Adam's manager as well! In the future, we would love the opportunity to work with you or your loved ones once again.

Original review: July 29, 2022

The process at Better Mortgage was easy. Everything was electronic. It's an easier process than dealing with a traditional loan process. If I uploaded a file and it wasn't what they needed, they rejected it. It had the reasoning why it was not suitable for whatever reason. But if they did not notify you, you have to go on that website and check yourself.

They also always had a direct line to somebody that I needed and always update it to the person that I needed to contact. They were responsive. If the main person wasn't able, then somebody from their team was normally there to answer. Every single person that I talked to on every team had a direct email I could contact if I had a question and a number. If I had any questions about it, I was able to get answers quickly. The main representative that I had was on the West Coast. She was hours behind me since I'm on the east coast. But even when she wasn't there or I had a question before she got in, somebody from her team was able to help me.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Clinton, thank you so much for the review and sharing your valuable feedback. We strive to continue to improve our processes and your insights will assist us in doing so. We appreciate you taking the time here and hope to have the opportunity to work with you once again in the future.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Overall, it was a great experience with Better Mortgage. I would definitely recommend them to individuals who are comfortable doing everything online. The entire process is online. If you need to speak with your mortgage loan officer, you have to schedule an appointment. To speak by phone, you do that online. You upload all your documents online. I had to download a scanner app. However, at my closing, our Realtor informed me that you have one in your notes on your phone, but it didn't have the ability to be able to scan documents. It can take pictures, but it's just not as easy as being able to upload multiple documents into one file. You have to upload them one by one if you don't have a way to scan documents. If someone's not very tech savvy or doesn't have the ability to use the internet, Better Mortgage really wouldn't be a great fit for them. But I've shared with others that it was a very smooth process and a really great process.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Jessica, thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback on document uploads and are grateful to hear the overall process was positive. We would love the opportunity to work with you or your loved ones again in the future.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Better Mortgage made it easy to qualify and purchase a home, and the process was very straightforward. I love the online tracking tools and daily tasks so I could stay on top of what I needed to do and see my progress. I like the process with Better Mortgage. It was a lot better than any of my other mortgages that I'd done. The rep was nice but I was frustrated that he took a vacation on the day of my closing. He seemed a little green too. He didn't have the answers to things that I felt he should have. He was competent enough but was not the best part of my Better experience.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Jessica, thank you very much for your review! We are grateful to hear you enjoyed the process overall and do receive your feedback regarding your loan team. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this experience and would love the opportunity to work with you again in the future!

Original review: July 26, 2022

Working with Better Mortgage was great. It went off much better than I was hoping the mortgage process would go. James was great. I didn't end up dealing with him too much just because I was moving fast and he was on vacation until a couple of days into the loan process. But he and his partner were fantastic. I was able to email and text and get everything taken care of on a fast timeline. However, the website had some bugs in it. Just some things that made it difficult to log in. I ended up having to get a support ticket filed back at that point and it corrected the issue. Other than that, everything was great.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Justin, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this experience. We appreciate your feedback regarding our interface and will be sure to relay these details to proper leadership. Additionally, we will ensure that James's manager is made aware of your kind thoughts. In the future, we would love the opportunity to once again assist you in meeting your home financing goals.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Better Mortgage gave me tasks that I needed to do and the information I needed to give. The hardest was part I had been through a divorce. So, some of the information was hard to give because they were looking for information I didn't have. But otherwise, it was easy. I worked with Tyler. Even when he was at home and not at work, he was really helpful and was always available if I had questions. However, some of the communication with the people approving the loan was lacking. On the website, when I had to provide certain information, there wasn't really an option to talk to anyone unless I called Tyler specifically to explain why I could or couldn't find the specific information and that he would have to contact them.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Marissa, thank you for the review. We will be sharing your feedback on this experience with proper leadership to work towards improving our process. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. In the future, we hope to once again get the opportunity to assist you along in your home financing journey.

Original review: July 24, 2022

I did Better Mortgage for my first-time home. The experience was from application to closing was very easy and seamless. The portal was very straightforward and incredibly convenient. It was very easy to move through the process. The only thing was communication was a little harder just because I couldn't get ahold of our direct person. I had multiple people on my account. One of them was very engaged so I could text him anytime, which was great. It's just that he couldn't help with all of the answers. He would reply and would always stay on top of things. But he would have to say, “I have to get back to you and talk to the loan officer.” I knew he would take care of it. My actual loan officer, on the other hand, was a little bit hard to get ahold of.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Elizaveta, thank you for the review! We are so glad to hear you had such a great experience and do appreciate your feedback regarding communication with your loan officer. We will be sure to take this insight back to the team to work towards improving for the future. If there is anything else we can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: July 23, 2022

I had a great experience with Better Mortgage. The interaction was really clean. The user interface was really nice. Feedback was quick and the process was clear. Pretty much checked all the boxes. There were a couple of times where the steps in the prompts were unclear which doc goes where. For example, I had two other mortgages and Better needs records for them, but they were from the same mortgage lender. They wanted one mortgage statement uploaded and then another one, but it wasn't clear which one.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Zachary, thank you for the review and we appreciate your feedback on the process. We are very grateful to hear your overall experience was smooth and would love the opportunity to help you or your loved ones meet their home financing goals in the future!

Original review: July 22, 2022

Working with Better Mortgage was nice because all the tasks were created and we could upload all the documents and we could reach out to the people if we have any questions. The rep was also very helpful and gave all the input. It was smooth. But getting the documentation from the other people was a little bit difficult. But that was the only thing. I would recommend Better Mortgage, for sure.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Meghana, thank you for leaving us a review. We very much appreciate your feedback on this experience and would love the opportunity to work with you or your loved ones again in the future!

Original review: July 21, 2022

Better Mortgage offered a better rate. I ordered my appraisal and the very next day, it was received. Their process couldn't have been easier. I went online. I applied. They came back. They offered me this really cool table that allowed me to pick what rate I wanted, how much I wanted to pay for it, and then the flexibility of changing my mind. I was really impressed.

I wish I would have went with their title company. I went with the Realtor's title company and it took four weeks to get title work. Based on the appraisal, I feel like Better could have turned it around faster. I looked at the rates one day. I didn't lock in. When I called in and talk to them, they were able to give me a concession of like 600 bucks. I was like, "What? Okay, let's go." I wowed all the way around, and I've told so many people about them.

Better's reps called right at the beginning. I was worried that docs weren't getting uploaded and everything was there. They had asked a question about why I made more money the year prior. I was like, "No. If you'd look, I've been making more and more money. So something's not uploaded." Other than that, everything was super easy. They answered their phone. They called me back if I left a voicemail. The website was super transparent. I stalked it daily to see if I had new tasks.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Better's process was fairly seamless. Most of it was online base, which I appreciate because, that way, you get an email saying that you need to upload a document instead of constantly getting separate emails and separate phone calls from a loan officer. I felt that the user interface of it from the online portion of it was a much more preferable way to deal with it. Also, I'm getting a call from somebody at Better, but I'm not getting multiple calls from multiple service providers. I was in a situation where I was having to refinance unexpectedly because of some stuff going on on my end, but as far as what the terms that I got were relative to what was available at the market at the time, I was pleased.

The online application went well for me. I had my documents in PDF form and if I occasionally had to scan something to get it into a PDF, that was not a problem. When it starts going through underwriting and I sometimes get multiple emails in a day going, "You have a new task. You have a new task. You have a new task," it is what it is. It's just better that it's online rather than somebody constantly calling you. My rep, Cody, was great. Whenever I needed anything, he always responded very quickly. He did do a very good job of telling me, "Okay, here's where you are now. Here's what's coming next. You're gonna get this. You're gonna get that." He was very good at prepping me for what was next in the process.

The only thing is my cash to close changed about three times in the last couple of days. They're constantly getting new information. It flowed pretty well. My biggest complaint about the process was that while I did not get solicitations from other non-Better entities when I first reached out to the company, after I closed, I got inundated with mail asking me to purchase. I got multiple pieces of mail that said they weren't from Better, but they were given my name by Better. It was for things like insurance and other offers of ancillary products that, if I was interested in, I would have already gotten. I didn't really need 10 pieces of mail in my mailbox the week after I closed.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for your review. We are grateful to hear our online interface contributed to an overall seamless experience. Additionally, we will be sure to make Cody's management aware of your sentiments. Your feedback regarding the mailings you've received will be shared with our senior leadership for review. If there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to reach out! In the future, we would love to get the opportunity to work with you or your loved ones once again.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Overall, working with the reps was really good. The only hassle we had was that some of the documents, we would upload several times and they would say it wasn't correct in a certain way. So we'd have to go back and forth a few times to finally get what they were looking for. I got pretty good terms. I didn't shop around a lot, but it seemed about as good as I was finding.

Hello Philip!

We are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience. We apologize for the difficulties you had faced in uploading your documents, and we will be sure to improve this in the future. If you ever need financing in the future, please feel free to reach out to us and we would be happy to welcome you back!

Original review: July 9, 2022

I used Better Mortgage before and they let me know what they need better than most others. I had other mortgage brokers who sent me templates. Also, doing everything online makes things easier. I like the experience on their website. It's just easy to understand and follow. The process was good and very straightforward. My rep was always available and our preferred communication was over email. I found him to be pretty responsive.

There is one thing that Better Mortgage could have done better on. When somebody is in the initial stage of finding the best rate on the market, the ability to give discounts like closing fees should be upfront. That would have helped me get convinced sooner. They did say that they would try to do something at closing but I would have to take their word on it. That could have been something that might have dissuaded me if somebody else had said, “I'm gonna waive off or give you a $500 or $1,000,000 credit on closing," and committed to that upfront.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Gunangad, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear our online platform suited your needs and that your overall experience was positive. We also appreciate the additional feedback you've provided as it is essential in working towards improving our process. If there is anything we can do to help you or your loved ones meet their financial goals in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: July 6, 2022

The process was a little bit lengthy and the communication was not good. My immediate loan officer was very difficult to get. So that was problematic because sometimes email doesn't work. If you talk directly, then it needs to be resolved very quickly and if you do those things through email, it would take time to reply. Even in the closing, it was very difficult to get the loan officer. When I called, it was going to customer support and every time they explain all the things, they'll relay to them again to corresponding officers. So it's really a headache.

The online application was okay and the rep was knowledgeable. But the problem is when you are sending some queries, it takes time to filter. Better Mortgage's system should be more customer-oriented. It was very hectic for me time to time when I worked with their team. The process should be to relieve the pressure off the customer instead of give more pressure to the customer. Sometimes, you have to directly communicate with the builder.

Hello Sourav,

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback. It is because of customers like you that we are able to improve. We apologize for the communication issues you had faced, as this is not a normal occurrence of ours. We never take feedback lightly, and will be sure to fix this for future clients. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to reach out at clientsatisfaction@better.com and we would be happy to help!

Original review: July 5, 2022

Getting the mortgage through Better was seamless. Towards the end, it was a little bumpy but other than that, everything was all good. It will be really good if the lender consultant can interact better with the title office because I had to do a lot of back and forth between Better Mortgage and my attorney towards the closing. I was primarily talking to somebody over text messages and everything was seamless. It's just that when it was the closing time, they were not able to provide all the documents and the closing statement properly to the title company.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Chirodeep! Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you had a seamless experience. We will be sure to take your feedback for future improvement on the closing end. If you need anything in the future, we would love to welcome you back!

Original review: July 4, 2022

I've done multiple conventional loans with Better Mortgage. They're good at what they do. The user interface is easy to follow. The requests are usually clear-cut. If you have any questions, you press a button and then you ask somebody there and somebody chats with you. In the past, it was a little easier to reach people over the phone for them to call you back. I noticed that this last time was a little more difficult but normally if they cannot answer you over the phone, they'll set up a call for somebody to call you.

Application is about 30 minutes. It's super quick. You fill everything out online and then they'll do a soft pull on your credit, which then they'll give you tons of options to buy for the interest rates. I like the availability of the information. A lender will normally tell you, "Well, rates are here." However, you can't see that and if it fluctuates, you have to be constantly asking them for updates. Better gives you that number online and as it fluctuates, you can be online and you'll see the change.

Better is super good at communication. They call and text you as soon as you apply. When you apply, they call you like a minute after you're done with your application. They'll text you, too. They're super good, but the follow-up on the paperwork failed a little bit this time around. They were unsatisfied with the support that I was providing to them. They would just tell me they were unsatisfied online, and then I would submit something else, and then they were still unsatisfied. I felt that if they clearly see a lack of communication because I'm giving them the wrong stuff, they should give me a call and let me know what's going on. That way we don't have to be back and forth.

Another thing is that I think they would excel if they put a face to the name of whoever is helping. They could easily hop on a video call with me to introduce themselves. We're just talking to a computer. It would be super helpful if they could introduce someone on a video call so then I know that I'm talking to an actual human being. Everybody is doing that now.

Better Mortgage response

Hi Mosses, thank you very much for this thoughtful feedback on your experience. Your insights are extremely appreciated and will be communicated directly to our senior leadership for consideration in how to improve our processes. We appreciate your contribution to making Better, better. If there is anything we can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Original review: July 3, 2022

My rate and terms were decent. The only thing that kind of held us up at the very end was the closing process. They didn't completely have all of their I's dotted and T's crossed. We had to go back to the closing attorney three times because Better didn't have it all together or wouldn't release funding for certain things not signed. Plus, they put the wrong name on one of the forms so we had to go back and re-sign the entire package.

Then, I had to re-sign because the wrong lender was on the paperwork, even though it was a company that's affiliated with Better. The underwriting process was a bit tedious and I answered the same questions 15 times. I also had to prove that certain monies were not used towards the downpayment of the property 10 different times. That was annoying. They were detail-oriented about the wrong details. Other than that, they still got the loan closed. It was just more time and headache. They also gave their apologies and expressed their concern. They even offered a $100 Amazon gift card towards some of the difficulties that we ran into at closing. So they tried to make it better.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Jeffrey, thank you very much for sharing these details of your experience. Your feedback is essential to helping us recognize where we stand to improve our processes and will be communicated directly to senior leadership. We appreciate your transparency on the matter and would love the opportunity to provide you or your loved ones with the Better experience next time around.

Original review: July 2, 2022

The last application process was a bit of a struggle considering there were a ton of times where we had to keep revalidating documents or there were a lot of specific documents that we had to keep following. Other than that, the reps did a really good job communicating with us.

Better Mortgage response

Thank you for the review, Peter! We are sending your feedback to the team to help us improve in the future and we would love the chance to work with you or your loved ones again in the future.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The process was pretty simple and everything was self-explanatory. I like the website and their representative, Steve. He helped me a lot. I got a better rate.

Better Mortgage response

Hello Ullas, thank you for the review! Happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Steve's manager. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.

Better Mortgage Company Information