Green Bay, WI

3.6/5 (36 ratings)

About Associated Bank

Associated Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I ordered a sofa in April. Was contacted a couple weeks ago to schedule delivery, it was scheduled for June 16. ON JUNE 16 after receiving 2 different confirmations in past 24 hours, I receive a phone call saying the driver couldn't find the warehouse?? "Someone will call you within 48 hours to reschedule. I was out of town so when I returned I realize it's been 6 days and no call. I get on the website to find contact info and it says it was delivered yesterday??! I contacted PB via email, no response. I contacted them this afternoon via phone and waited the very long wait time to talk with someone. I explain the situation, the person on the other end tells me it was delivered, I tell her no, that is what I am telling you, it was not.

She has me hold, cold transfers me so I get to start the entire story over (is there not a place for notes on the computer???). She tells me it appears they can't find the sofa in the warehouse but they will continue looking as she put a new inquiry in today and someone will call me within 48 hours to let me know what they find out, BUT IF THEY DONT then just call back, sure, I would love too. Ridiculous for a store that "appears" to pride itself on quality. A week after ordering this, I decided I wanted another piece for the same room, can't wait to see what I am told when that one is late!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Associated Bank Review. Associated Bank lost $974 and refuses to recover it. That is too much money to lose. They are depriving us. $2600 dollars was loaned to my daughter for a car. She was paying me through Zelle. Payments were working fine. She wanted to pay off the last $973.61 with Zelle. Associated Bank lost the payment and refuses to recover it, track it, or trace it. DO NOT use this bank. We can't afford this. We will gladly share our records.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I was told by two separate customer service agents on two separate days that a check I had deposited from a third party had cleared the writer's bank. Three days later I received an NSF notice and am out $1200. The branch manager told me I should contact a branch manager and customer service may not have the right information.

Original review: April 9, 2021

My sba loan came into my account...they froze my account. I had brought in my Ein number to my business my bank statements and my schedule. They still said it was good enough to release my funds... It’s been a week. Still no one contacted me or anything. If you bank with these people I wish you luck. They are racists.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I made a payment through Zelle and Associated Bank flagged my account as suspicious because they said the transaction was a large amount. So now I can’t pay my rent or any other bills until they unfreeze my account. I’ve been told 2,5 and 10 days for the amount of time it’s going to take for them to review my account. They are horrible!!

Original review: July 1, 2020

We are very longtime 20+ years customers of Associated Bank and we are is leaving For another bank that will provide better fraud protection. AB approves a risky (no cvv and no address verification) e-commerce (internet) transaction time be approved for over $1000.00. This transaction overdrew the account. There were no flags or alerts. AB declines a chip read $250.00 transaction at a local Meijer (Pin bypassed). AB then recently approves two identical back-to-back risky e-commerce transactions again for $250.00 each with no cvv or address verification. I go out of town driving quite a bit and AB will decline $30 gas purchase transactions unless I have a travel alert. Good fraud monitoring systems can find the real fraud and deny those transactions. AB’s fraud monitoring system apparently can’t tell the difference between real fraud and more normal activity.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I received my advance SBA loan advance today and I went to make a $6000 withdrawal. Long story short, after noticing my skin color and being questioned about my business my account was frozen and I can't get any money until a fraud investigation is complete. I was told by the supervisor that they have to make sure the deposit is legit. It says Treasury on the direct deposit.. What else do they need. One of the fraud people told me I need to prove I'm a business owner. This is totally ridiculous. I will never use this bank again and I'm going to get this experience out on all the social media platforms to make people aware of this practice they are doing.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I have been banking with Associated Bank for the better part of 20 years. I have always been happy with the experiences I've had inside of the bank, dealing directly with the bankers. While calling in they have always been friendly. They have been forgiving and flexible with minor overdrafts and time-lapses with deposits and payments, etc. What makes me consider leaving is the online experience. They have been having technical issues for decades. I cannot count how many times they told me they are currently working to resolve issues in the system. I haven't been able to log in for a month now without calling. Seriously!? This is BASIC.

The balance is never accurate in real-time. It bounces over and under for days of total inactivity. They need to get it together with the IT department or they are finished as a bank IMO. When I traveled I asked them to remove the restrictions. It put me in bad situations because they restriction would automatically kick in again and shut my card down. I said I travel often and I want the restriction totally removed so I don't have to call every single time I am in another location. They told me it wasn't possible. Now, years later, I've been using the card on the other side of the country for months without calling in about it. Again, the people I've dealt with have been more down to earth and friendly than any other bank I've dealt with but the experience is ruined by the online situation.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I've been with Associated since the early 1980's... now retired. Checking, Savings, Mortgages, Misc Loans,.. etc. Never missed a mortgage payment or a credit card payment. I have an 800 credit score. I'm trying to borrow $15,000 towards a new vehicle,... A $35,000 truck. I have $70K in home equity, $17K between checking and savings, $40K in retirement income that they can verify cuz it's direct deposit,... yet they want copies of all my retirement and personal trading accounts. This bank has gone straight down the sewer for service. As soon as I can locate and set up an account at a new bank,... Associated will be in my rearview mirror. What a horrible company.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Customer service is inept, short and rude. How is it possible I am not able to get dates for notices and transactions that you can see have happened in your information? I am told that any information regarding dates will have to researched and sent to me. Nothing at this institution is automated, comprehensive or accurate.

I am glad to no longer bank with these people. They don't seem to have any sense of 2020 banking practices or systems. I am sure this is a great bank for anyone who still wants to do everything face to face or through snail mail. Bank elsewhere and if you have a company that uses them for anything, beware that company is not up to date on its practices either.

Associated Bank Company Information