1.26/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Green Bay, WI

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Associated Bank Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Worse bank ever. After being a member for over 40 years had my sons saving account (I am custodian) hacked and lost $800. Bank said withdraws were authorized and would not replace the money. I did not authorize withdraws! Now my sons debit account was hacked and $250 were lost. All online purchases. Again bank says withdraws were authorized and will not replace the money. My son did not authorize or make the purchases. Seems to be deny, deny, deny and screw people out of their money. Will be taking all monies out of associated bank! Hope they rot in HELL for the crooked banking policies!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Between the rude customer service agents, the completely inept fraud and overdraft process, and dishonest branch managers, I finally had enough of Associated. I do not recommend doing business with them, ever.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have been trying to close on a home since August and I have had my closing date changed 4 different times because of underwriting dragging their feet on my loan file. I not the kind of person that likes to get people in trouble but I called one of the head people in charge of mortgages to try and get this resolved. I will never ever use this bank for anything. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

The people, in bank and on-line are superb and friendly. They know how to use both their heads and computer systems quickly and efficiently. I have been banking at Associated Bank for a number of years, through many changes and three attempts at stealing from my account, without success. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Associated Bank has been my bank since I was 15. Last week my online banking was hacked and fraudulent checks were submitted to my account. I right away went to the bank and was working with a lady to get it fixed as fast as I could. The checks were signed by some Glenn dude. They were from Buffalo New York, I live in Wisconsin. Today they decided to say that I was at fault and I must have gave someone my information so I could no longer be a customer there. This bank is absolute **. I did all the steps to fix this problem right from the get-go. Before the checks even bounced. Before the bank even got notified about the fraud. And they have the nerve to accuse me and ban me from Associated Bank. Nobody should bank here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?

Original review: July 25, 2019

The Associated Bank branch in Lake Geneva is staffed by inept personnel. Now for the second time in 2 years, the Branch Manager has failed to return a call following my in-person visit to see if AB could match Capital One's IRA rates. Once again, the Branch Manager has apparently forgot my request and now I'm up against a time window where I have to make a decision of where to move the monies. The first time this happened, I called the home office in Green Bay. Then all of a sudden, I get a call from the Manager stating she forgot my inquiry. Apparently, History does repeat itself! Capital one offers CD's with a 12 month deposit at 2.3% and there is no minimum!

Original review: April 8, 2019

In December 2018, a teller mistakenly credited my entire January payment to my escrow account. I was not entirely surprised as they have often seemed confused in the past as to where to apply my payment if it is during the grace period of the month before. I have been through hours of phone time, letter writing, and branch visits explaining the situation and following up to make sure this didn't show as a late payment.

Even with all that, my tax statements were wrong and I had to wait for a correction. I came up with the solution of closing the escrow account to avoid the possibility of this mistake in the future. I asked to have the fee waived as a gesture of goodwill for all I had been through and was denied. I am seeking another lender as I no longer trust Associated Bank, nor do I believe they value my business.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have a loan for $200K with $500K of real estate for security. On many occasions, I had the opportunity to sale a individual parcel. Associated Bank will not allow this this to occur until my loan is in "good standing". Words are everything- forget about attempting to deal with a real- experienced Banker- those days are long gone. I have past due real estate taxes, I just can't make payment BUT a sale would reduce my principal and pay ALL of MY taxes. AND yes, let's not forget about the 5% penalty for late mortgage payments. I will find another mortgage and break away from Associated. I will continue to spread the truth regarding this bank. Associated will not release anything- they love my monthly payment and I do feel they want me to fail.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

My husband has had 2 accounts through Bank Mutual; one personal, one small business. We were happy with the bank until it became Associated. We began getting charged $18/month for the business account. The personal account started getting overdrafted because online it told us we have money available. We'd go spend whatever amount and then all of a sudden something else will appear that should've for through days ago and he'd be overdrafted!! We closed the personal account and just kept the business one after being overdrafted on multiple occasions.

Now this is the 4th week in a row that has been overdrafted. This has gotten out of control. He refused the overdraft protection because he would prefer to be declined rather than charged. But they apparently omit a charge(s) on the account until there isn't enough funds to cover it. We are paying hundreds of dollars a month in overdraft fees when the transactions should have been denied. Through my research this has been an ongoing issue with this bank. We are looking into a class action lawsuit. I'm sure there are MANY others experiencing this.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We have had a mortgage with Associated for 1 year. Our taxes went down substantially due to a lower purchase price than assessed value. We were refunded quite a bit for the over collected excess escrow, then 2 months later our escrow was increased by $99/m. Not a big deal but it should not go up if rate is fixed, tax and insurance goes down/stays same. I asked them to recalculate the escrow and paid the regular monthly amount. We got several notices saying no payment had been received. Three times I went in to the branch, even wrote out a separate check for the $99 escrow they said I owed. Come to find out recently our credit was dinged because they reported us 30 days past due because of this. But no late fee, thanks Associated.

Associated Bank Company Information