Green Bay, WI

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.29/5

Associated Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I made a payment through Zelle and Associated Bank flagged my account as suspicious because they said the transaction was a large amount. So now I can’t pay my rent or any other bills until they unfreeze my account. I’ve been told 2,5 and 10 days for the amount of time it’s going to take for them to review my account. They are horrible!!

Original review: July 1, 2020

We are very longtime 20+ years customers of Associated Bank and we are is leaving For another bank that will provide better fraud protection. AB approves a risky (no cvv and no address verification) e-commerce (internet) transaction time be approved for over $1000.00. This transaction overdrew the account. There were no flags or alerts. AB declines a chip read $250.00 transaction at a local Meijer (Pin bypassed). AB then recently approves two identical back-to-back risky e-commerce transactions again for $250.00 each with no cvv or address verification. I go out of town driving quite a bit and AB will decline $30 gas purchase transactions unless I have a travel alert. Good fraud monitoring systems can find the real fraud and deny those transactions. AB’s fraud monitoring system apparently can’t tell the difference between real fraud and more normal activity.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I received my advance SBA loan advance today and I went to make a $6000 withdrawal. Long story short, after noticing my skin color and being questioned about my business my account was frozen and I can't get any money until a fraud investigation is complete. I was told by the supervisor that they have to make sure the deposit is legit. It says Treasury on the direct deposit.. What else do they need. One of the fraud people told me I need to prove I'm a business owner. This is totally ridiculous. I will never use this bank again and I'm going to get this experience out on all the social media platforms to make people aware of this practice they are doing.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I have been banking with Associated Bank for the better part of 20 years. I have always been happy with the experiences I've had inside of the bank, dealing directly with the bankers. While calling in they have always been friendly. They have been forgiving and flexible with minor overdrafts and time-lapses with deposits and payments, etc. What makes me consider leaving is the online experience. They have been having technical issues for decades. I cannot count how many times they told me they are currently working to resolve issues in the system. I haven't been able to log in for a month now without calling. Seriously!? This is BASIC.

The balance is never accurate in real-time. It bounces over and under for days of total inactivity. They need to get it together with the IT department or they are finished as a bank IMO. When I traveled I asked them to remove the restrictions. It put me in bad situations because they restriction would automatically kick in again and shut my card down. I said I travel often and I want the restriction totally removed so I don't have to call every single time I am in another location. They told me it wasn't possible. Now, years later, I've been using the card on the other side of the country for months without calling in about it. Again, the people I've dealt with have been more down to earth and friendly than any other bank I've dealt with but the experience is ruined by the online situation.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I've been with Associated since the early 1980's... now retired. Checking, Savings, Mortgages, Misc Loans,.. etc. Never missed a mortgage payment or a credit card payment. I have an 800 credit score. I'm trying to borrow $15,000 towards a new vehicle,... A $35,000 truck. I have $70K in home equity, $17K between checking and savings, $40K in retirement income that they can verify cuz it's direct deposit,... yet they want copies of all my retirement and personal trading accounts. This bank has gone straight down the sewer for service. As soon as I can locate and set up an account at a new bank,... Associated will be in my rearview mirror. What a horrible company.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Customer service is inept, short and rude. How is it possible I am not able to get dates for notices and transactions that you can see have happened in your information? I am told that any information regarding dates will have to researched and sent to me. Nothing at this institution is automated, comprehensive or accurate.

I am glad to no longer bank with these people. They don't seem to have any sense of 2020 banking practices or systems. I am sure this is a great bank for anyone who still wants to do everything face to face or through snail mail. Bank elsewhere and if you have a company that uses them for anything, beware that company is not up to date on its practices either.

Original review: April 29, 2020

The whole process of Financing was slow and receiving Payment notices- late to due date, and then recording them late in system when I mailed the check prior to receiving coupon by 7 days of the 1st of month. And not applying the cash received to mortgage, is uncalled for. They don't have an answer to why this happened.

Original review: March 20, 2020

While everyone I have encountered at Associated Bank is friendly, their method of record keeping seems different than most banks or credit unions, and is poor. I check my account online daily, making sure my balance agrees with their's. There are frequent discrepancies, which I have never had a problem with at other financial institutions. For example, yesterday when I compared balances, Associated Bank's balance was $56 less than mine. I went over my records, and could not find a mistake, so I made a note of the discrepancy. Today when I checked my account again, the amount they list has changed, even though there aren't any anew transactions. Today the balance is $34 over my calculations. Perhaps tomorrow it will be accurate. This happens frequently. It has always reflected accurately eventually, but it makes it worrisome while waiting for that to happen.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Have had great experiences with paying the loan. Interest rate is okay, but could be better. Will be trying to get it lowered soon. Only problem I have had is lost payments in the mail, have gone to larger envelopes to see if that problem goes away.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Once again I was charged fee’s because “pending” withdrawals hit my account on the same day that “pending” deposits hit but since withdrawals post first it shows as overdrawn. Thieves, bank anywhere else!

Associated Bank Company Information