2. Finance

Green Bay, WI

3.8/5 (164 ratings)

About Associated Bank

Associated Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Associated Bank?

Original review: March 13, 2020

Have had great experiences with paying the loan. Interest rate is okay, but could be better. Will be trying to get it lowered soon. Only problem I have had is lost payments in the mail, have gone to larger envelopes to see if that problem goes away.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Once again I was charged fee’s because “pending” withdrawals hit my account on the same day that “pending” deposits hit but since withdrawals post first it shows as overdrawn. Thieves, bank anywhere else!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have been a customer of this bank and its predecessors for over 50 yrs. Their online banking through Quicken is terrible. Sometimes Quicken can download transactions and sometimes not. Four times in the past year I have experienced this problem. Calling customer service puts you in a queue that sometimes is 40 calls ahead of you. Their IT people obviously lack the knowledge and they don't call you back to help solve the problem. I am looking for a different bank.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Left me stranded in a city park after work, without gas to get home or money to eat (since early morning), thanks to some buffoon mistakenly putting a hold on my funds (a mistake the bank had admitted night before, promising renewal of the money that morning). Bank's admission on tape. But didn't get the money back until after half a dozen increasingly irate and desperate phone calls. But amazingly, this is not even the end. Bank apologized and, in my opinion, paid me to keep this quiet. It had been resolved peacefully. But then local bank manager, Mr. Matt **, opened the old wound, belittling the experience and demeaning me by claiming it couldn't have happened the way I said (even though he wasn't even involved; how would he know?). Bank CSR not more than 15 mins later confirmed that I was right, proved by the phone tapes. So, waiting for a promised apology.

They further contrived a cover story, also meant as a subtle smear in case this goes public, that my voicemail was full so they couldn't reach me. Even if true, bank customer-service said their first "reach out" attempt came Dec. 9 -- three days after I sent them an email saying time was up, I am sharing my story with the world since you won't apologize. It took me 15 mins to get to the bottom of this via phone, why does it take you a full week (and I don't even work for the bank!). An apology after an ultimatum is, by nature, insincere.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Worse bank ever. After being a member for over 40 years had my sons saving account (I am custodian) hacked and lost $800. Bank said withdraws were authorized and would not replace the money. I did not authorize withdraws! Now my sons debit account was hacked and $250 were lost. All online purchases. Again bank says withdraws were authorized and will not replace the money. My son did not authorize or make the purchases. Seems to be deny, deny, deny and screw people out of their money. Will be taking all monies out of associated bank! Hope they rot in HELL for the crooked banking policies!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Between the rude customer service agents, the completely inept fraud and overdraft process, and dishonest branch managers, I finally had enough of Associated. I do not recommend doing business with them, ever.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I have been trying to close on a home since August and I have had my closing date changed 4 different times because of underwriting dragging their feet on my loan file. I not the kind of person that likes to get people in trouble but I called one of the head people in charge of mortgages to try and get this resolved. I will never ever use this bank for anything. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

The people, in bank and on-line are superb and friendly. They know how to use both their heads and computer systems quickly and efficiently. I have been banking at Associated Bank for a number of years, through many changes and three attempts at stealing from my account, without success. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Associated Bank has been my bank since I was 15. Last week my online banking was hacked and fraudulent checks were submitted to my account. I right away went to the bank and was working with a lady to get it fixed as fast as I could. The checks were signed by some Glenn dude. They were from Buffalo New York, I live in Wisconsin. Today they decided to say that I was at fault and I must have gave someone my information so I could no longer be a customer there. This bank is absolute **. I did all the steps to fix this problem right from the get-go. Before the checks even bounced. Before the bank even got notified about the fraud. And they have the nerve to accuse me and ban me from Associated Bank. Nobody should bank here.

Original review: July 25, 2019

The Associated Bank branch in Lake Geneva is staffed by inept personnel. Now for the second time in 2 years, the Branch Manager has failed to return a call following my in-person visit to see if AB could match Capital One's IRA rates. Once again, the Branch Manager has apparently forgot my request and now I'm up against a time window where I have to make a decision of where to move the monies. The first time this happened, I called the home office in Green Bay. Then all of a sudden, I get a call from the Manager stating she forgot my inquiry. Apparently, History does repeat itself! Capital one offers CD's with a 12 month deposit at 2.3% and there is no minimum!

Associated Bank Company Information