3.8/5 (131 ratings)

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

About Arvest Bank

Find Banks and Credit Unions partners near you

Arvest Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?

Original review: April 5, 2022

Been a customer of Arvest more than 10 years. Left a job recently that I had been at for 8 years, as part of my resignation they sent me a third party check for my final pay. Deposited the check into my Arvest account and a week later the funds were taken back out as the check was returned to payee. I was charged an $8.00 fee for this. To remedy the issue my employer sent a wire transfer to my account for the full amount of the check, Arvest charged me $10 for an incoming wire transfer. Called customer service to see about getting the fees refunded since none of it was my fault and they said no, since the fee schedule is posted they can't do anything about it. In reality, they could have easily waived the fees but chose not to. I guess Arvest needs the $18 more than I do. Shopping for a new bank immediately.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Friday, March 25, 2022, my checking account was hacked. It had been hacked March 18th, also, by the same hacker as March 25th. I disputed that debit and the money was put back into my account. Mind you, wouldn't you think that if I was hacked by the same person that Arvest would know not to let that same person hack me again, a week later -- 5 times in one day, totalling $2,100+? Arvest should have measures in place so an entity cannot re-hack an account, much less 5 times in a row -- on the same day!

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Was ok about having one payment. Didn't know it would cost me just as much interest at 20.49% it will cost me 6 years to pay off. Try calling them, says it is on lockdown and not willing to help me lower the finance.

Original review: July 23, 2021

We have several accounts at Arvest Bank and they denied me a loan to purchase a rv for $9K, because I don't live in a state that Walmart Bank is located, I have a credit score of 814, and several hundreds of thousand in IRA. Don't Bank at Arvest!!!

Original review: July 6, 2021

Arvest Bank 218 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74112. This is the slowest branch I have ever seen. I don't think this branch deserves one star at this point. Upper management needs to review employee ethics, productivity, and efficiency.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Worst bank in the area! Used to be great! But have completely lost sight of customer service. From getting rid of deposit slips, making it a nightmare for customers to handle their bookkeeping. Extremely difficult to work with on mortgage and in-house loans. Complete apathy for working to improve a situation or help their customers. They have great employees and loan officers on the ground floor, but their hands are tied with corporate policies that are completely out of touch with their clients. They've lost all of my accounts and I'll never do a loan with them again. And, as a Realtor, will strongly discourage my clients from using them.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Worst company I have ever worked with. When Covid 19 hit, every other loan company worked with us and our job losses and reduction of income. This company? Not at all. They send a tow truck. I will never do business with them again and I will tell everyone I know how they did me.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

We have been loyal customers for years. Needed a small loan. Was turned down. Arvest certainly don't care about their customer needs. If we didn't need help we would'nt have ask for it. They do not care. Very disappointed with Arvest bank.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I have had a personal bank account with Arvest for three years and have never had issues with them until I opened a business account. The day I opened the account, I gave them a check for $15k. One day later Arvest mails me a letter stating they are closing down my account in 30-days. Not only did they shut down my business account but they also shut down my personal account. The reason as stated in the letter, "We have determined this relationship is no longer mutually beneficial, and we ask that you not make any future attempt to open an account with Arvest Bank."

I called customer service to investigate, and was told that they could not investigate, that the case is closed. When I inquired about speaking with someone higher up the chain of the command, I was told that it would not be possible. Just like that, no explanation, and no way to appeal. What a helpless feeling knowing that these people have that much power. So many questions that are now left unanswered. Sad. Confused. Stressed.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Am regular Business account holder here. Have moved several hundred thousands of dollars through my business account in last few months. Insulted when applied for small vehicle loan, offered 30% of value. All loan payments made perfectly on time over minimum of last 5 + years. Bank next door approved full loan in 30 minutes at same rates. Bottom line is no loyalty to large account holding business customers. Sad that you cannot get true Customer service from this local bank that knows me. Have better luck with online banks that don't know me at all, or just the bank next door. I STRONGLY DON'T RECOMMEND THIS BANK.

Take a Mortgage Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Arvest Bank Company Information