2.18/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Arvest Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Arvest Bank Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

This review has nothing to do with actual bank locations, the people there are always great to deal with. I travel for work and stay in hotels most of the year. On Sunday when the hotel charge went through I noticed it overdrafted my account. I instantly transferred $500 from Venmo and my account went positive $128 ON SUNDAY. Monday still shows the same $128 balance. Tuesday the account is negative $82, why you ask? Because even though the Venmo payment was on my account Sunday they put every transaction that happened after the Venmo transfer on before it and hit me with 8 NSF Charges totally $134....Good job Arvest, as soon as I'm back home I will be closing my account and finding a better bank. Customer service is by far the most disrespectful and sarcastic group of people I've dealt with from any other bank.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Don't bank with Arvest. If you ever leave Arkansas, you should get an account with a national bank. Arvest has little presence in the country and if you encounter a problem while traveling, or need funds wired, they are of little help. I schedule a wire transfer over a week ago and the money has still yet to hit my other account. The money has been taken out by Arvest, it is no longer in my account, but they can't tell me when it will be in the other account. Unbelievable.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Arvest appealed to me with a direct mail flyer that dangled an interest rate of 5.9 percent, but when I called the bank's toll-free number to apply, I was told I didn't qualify for that rate. Nonetheless, the sales rep convinced me on the phone that my $13,000 loan would be paid off in 5 years. After 2 years, I had barely made a dent in the principal because more than half of my $297 monthly payment was going toward interest (the rate Arvest actually gave me was 15.99%). As soon as I could, I called Arvest and, thanks to a withdrawal from my IRA, paid off the balance (which was still over $11,000) by phone.

A few days later, Arvest erroneously debited my checking account for $297. I called to demand a refund—having been informed by the bank on the phone, days earlier, that the loan was paid in full—and the CS rep apologized and said a check for $297 would be issued in two weeks. When, over a month after my complaint, I finally received a check, it was for $151, not $297. Another phone call yielded the explanation that the two CS reps I had spoken with earlier had forgotten to factor in interest when they quoted my loan balance.

So Arvest just reached into my bank account and took it (and then some). I should not have signed up for this loan, nor should I have dealt with this bank on any level. I should have put the phone down the minute I realized the offer Arvest was making did not match the one it described in its mailing, not even close. And I should never have given Arvest--a bank I had never heard of--access to my checking account.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I went in the bank to get a letterhead statement, a voided check and print something out, not sure how to download and print from my phone. ** simply made my visit a one stop shop! He is very professional, very polite, and well knowledged and well dressed. He helped me with everything I needed, downloaded forms, signed and notarized them and helped me upload them back. Thanks ** and Arvest Bank for going the extra mile for your account holders! If you want the same great service go to Wal-Mart 7800 NW Expressway Oklahoma City.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

This bank is a complete joke. You'd be better off trusting your money to a perfect stranger. The app is not a full service. I've set up alerts from my laptop at least 4 times within the last 3 months and I'm still not getting alerts via text, no matter how many times I enter that into the system. And the customer service in person and over the phone is sad. I'm pretty sure these people have little to no training in systems or in general politeness. They need to go to Chick-fil-A training. Geesh!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?

Resolution response: Aug. 13, 2019

Arvest resolved the problem for me. Thank you Arvest. I will continue to bank with you.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Despite receipts, cameras, and two reports filed Arvest Bank was able to keep 95 dollars from me. How is this possible? I deposited money into the ATM. The ATM kept my card and also the money. A report was filed within minutes. However, because they can't seem to understand their own banking system puts all deposits from weekend on Monday... I don't get my money back?!!? I am totally disgusted with this bank. I also spent two plus hours explaining the situation on the phone, in person, and emailing receipts to back my claim. So not only does this company steal your money; they steal your time. Please don't bank with them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

New truck loan, followed letter I received. Sent first payment for Aug. 2 and a canceled check for auto pay to start Sept. 2. On Aug. 2, they took another payment and I called and I want my money back and some idiot jokes I'm paid until Oct., WOW. No check and we'll see who laughs.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I called their customer service before I got an account online to find out if I could go after I created my account and get my debit card. The lady looked up the location and confirmed I could. I created my account and later went in to make my deposit and get my card. I made my deposit and waited for the designated debit card lady. She came up and informed me that she couldn't print the card because the account was too new. I really needed this card and chose this bank because of that convenience. So I asked for my money back and they first told me the couldn't do it...and then did it. I just politely said I had changed my mind and was going with another option. Assuming this would close the account. It didn't. I received a letter in the mail that my account (that I didn't know I had nor wanted) was changing to a not free account and I'd be charged fees.

I then called to close this crazy persistent account and now I owe 3 dollars. They won't courtesy refund that fee either. Now I'm told I can't close the account without paying this ignorant 3 dollar fee and I also can't do it over the phone. Bonus! Anyways I go to log in to this website and they don't even have a transfer service. I'm not going to be anywhere near a branch (I'm in NC) for months. So now I have to use PayPal to put 3 ridiculous dollars into this ridiculous business using PAYPAL which will surely take a week and a half. I'm sure by the time I get 3 whole dollar in this crooked company's account they will have already charged me another 3 dollars plus probably some overdraft fees while they're at it. Seriously... Don't bank here.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bank with multiple banking institutions, both on the commercial and retail side. This is the worst banking experience I have ever had; I could not get away from these guys fast enough. The teller service is great, but it ends there. Administratively and technically the worst bank out there out of the 13 financial institutions I deal with on a regular basis. You've been warned. Stay away!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Tried to open an account with Arvest. Successfully applied, funded the account and waited for more details from them. With no notice, no call, nothing, I receive a letter from Arvest stating not only that they are closing my account, but that I should never try to open an account with them again. After a call to support, I find out that I mis-typed the account number from the bank I was transferring money from, and that because of that my account is closed and I am not allowed to EVER have an account with Arvest. I have never been treated like that, it's absolutely insane. After this experience it's just as well, I have NO interest in banking with them and will advise anyone who asks to do the same. Absolutely the worst banking experience I have ever had, unbelievable.

Arvest Bank Company Information