3.7/5 (124 ratings)

About Arvest Bank

Arvest Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I left Arvest a few months back. After my debit card was compromised 6 different times, I spent literal hours on the phone and at a branch asking what do I need to do differently. Although I realize that this is not the branch’s fault, I was very disappointed with the fact that the only advice I was given by the branch was to “Just stop using your Debit card”. I rebutted with, if you offer a service, I shouldn’t have to stop using it.

On top of that, I got sick and tired of all the $5 fees. I happened to bank with two other institutions simultaneously with zero problems, so I chose to part ways with Arvest. Today I was paid by a customer with an Arvest check, upon cashing it… guess what, “there’s a $5 fee for cashing the check”. I simply don’t understand and am very frustrated with the fact that you (Arvest) once again offer a service to your customer (checks) but then punish the notion of using said service! Crazy!!! What you have forced me to do is to decline any payment via your checks. Unfortunately you probably couldn’t care less, but it’s a burden on your customers. And I will most definitely be the voice in informing your customers why I won’t take their Arvest check.

To be transparent, the $5 will not make or break me, as I’m positive it won’t make or break your institution. The fact that you charge it simply shows how greedy your company is. Extremely disappointing from a bank with local roots, and who claims to have family/local values! Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this any further, I’m sure you still have my contact information!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I just recently finalized a Balance Eraser Loan with Arvest Bank and of course, while you’re doing the transaction, everyone is nice and accommodating. When I was done with the rep she gave me a number and told me if I ever have any questions to please use that number. Actually, once I received the paperwork in the mail, the same phone number was listed as being customer service. On two occasions I have tried calling because I wanted to opt out of the monthly paper statements. The paperwork that was mailed to me specifically tells you to call the customer service number. I created an account online however any changes you want to make to your account must be made by phone.

Once I was finally able to reach someone I learned that the customer service number provided is actually NOT for the Balance Eraser Loan and it is handled by a different department. I asked for that number but they would not give it to me. There is NO WAY to reach a customer service representative once you apply and are approved for this loan. I think it would be great if they told the truth instead of scamming people. In the future, if I need help, I have decided to withhold my payment and I’m betting I’ll get a phone call from the non-existent customer service department.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I have two unauthorized transactions from an ATM withdrawal from 2 months ago. I reported this to the disputes department at Arvest Bank, I have been denied several times. I've put in several reassertions and I still got denied because they've sent me several letters in the mail saying that I was in possession of the card. The last reassertion I put in I got a letter in the mail from them saying "We did not receive notification from you about the disputed transactions within the time frames outlined within Regulation E as a result we will not perform further review of your claim(s). Arvest Bank values your business. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further assistance". After all of the reassertions I've put in this is what I get back, had I known that they do their customers wrong like this I wouldn't have never started up an account with them. This is just plain wrong.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I've made a wire transfer to pay my business partner. It's been two weeks now. Money still on my account and in the bank they just keep saying that they still reviewing my transfer. Two weeks! I'm sure they just doesn't know how to do it. Total incompetency! Never even think to be a client of this bank!

Original review: July 12, 2022

I have been dealing with fraudulent charges on one of my accounts for the past 2 months. A month ago I was told and still have the emails that the dispute has been closed and I could go ahead and close the account it dealt with. I get a letter in the mail at the beginning of July the fraudulent case they did was denied (which is total crap because I wasn't in town when my car was used) and they re withdrew funds from my two open accounts that had nothing to do with the account the fraud charges were on. They lied to me in June and the fraud charges were $900. If they were still investigating the fraud charges they should have froze the account they were on. They have told me so many different stories on why and how their disputes work. I would tell anyone who uses Arvest not to. I have never had this much problem with a bank.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I left my bank of 30+ years, they were bought out by a non-US conglomerate and opened an account with Arvest. Moved all my direct deposit retirement monies to this account, deposited 35 k, these idiots sent me a broken skipping auto dialer nonsense message. Screw them. I'll put my money elsewhere.

Original review: May 25, 2022

They let two insurance companies keep stealing my money despite numerous request for reversals and blocks. Of 3500 I have received 300 back. They returned some of the oldest charges on one complaint but left 1000 dollars of the newest off and said it was on me. My truck has been totalled and was paid out by another ins company and still Arvest won't return 6 months premiums. Usaa even kept drafting when I did not renew and told them they were fired. Arvest would not help get it stopped. I AM A VET THAT JUST TOOK STELLATE GANGLION BLOCKS TO DEAL WITH ANXIETY AND MY BANK GAVE 2 ** WHEN I pleaded with them. They even left off my address when they mailed my new acct packet with all my info. My small post office caught it. Then they sent me an address request to the address.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Been a customer of Arvest more than 10 years. Left a job recently that I had been at for 8 years, as part of my resignation they sent me a third party check for my final pay. Deposited the check into my Arvest account and a week later the funds were taken back out as the check was returned to payee. I was charged an $8.00 fee for this. To remedy the issue my employer sent a wire transfer to my account for the full amount of the check, Arvest charged me $10 for an incoming wire transfer. Called customer service to see about getting the fees refunded since none of it was my fault and they said no, since the fee schedule is posted they can't do anything about it. In reality, they could have easily waived the fees but chose not to. I guess Arvest needs the $18 more than I do. Shopping for a new bank immediately.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Friday, March 25, 2022, my checking account was hacked. It had been hacked March 18th, also, by the same hacker as March 25th. I disputed that debit and the money was put back into my account. Mind you, wouldn't you think that if I was hacked by the same person that Arvest would know not to let that same person hack me again, a week later -- 5 times in one day, totalling $2,100+? Arvest should have measures in place so an entity cannot re-hack an account, much less 5 times in a row -- on the same day!

Original review: July 26, 2021

Was ok about having one payment. Didn't know it would cost me just as much interest at 20.49% it will cost me 6 years to pay off. Try calling them, says it is on lockdown and not willing to help me lower the finance.

Arvest Bank Company Information