2.88/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

17 Arvest Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Hidden fees. Total lack of transparency, so much so that it appears to be intentional deceit. I feel as though I have to constantly monitor the activity on my account to avoid another “surprise.” I don’t like having such strong feelings of distrust with an entity that I am supposed to “trust” to handle my money.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

7 years of private banking and 3 mortgages and they sold my latest loan before the first payment was due. I thought Arvest held their loans but they only hold the servicing rights. So while someone else has my loan, I'm stuck with Arvest's long hold times, scripted responses and apathetic staff.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

They said I could open an account online so I did but before I did this I called customer service to make sure I could open the account due to I’m in California and they said yes. I get a letter pending status, called customer service. You have to live in the area to be able to open the account. What a waste of time and customer service doesn’t know what they are doing.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Problems started with the passing of my Father. A teller informed my mother that Arvest had no intention of sending his December payment back to Social Security because it was payment for November. Cash was taken out to pay bills for January. Two days later she received a letter stating that she needed to return the funds withdrawn because Arvest was sending back the December check even though it was payment for November. It has been a constant battle between the Social Security office that is attempting to assist her and Arvest that is doing all that they can not to help.

When we go to talk to someone other to a teller about the situation in order to maintain some sort of privacy and dignity for my mother, a teller helps us regardless and cites regulations that they are unable to help in any way. They won't call Social Security, they won't talk privately in an office. They show no compassion whatsoever. I have banked there for almost 25 years myself and my parents for many years prior to that. If this ever gets straightened out we will move all 5 of our accounts to a consumer friendly atmosphere.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Disappointing customer service. I typically wait 9-10 minutes for a real person to get on the phone. They did away with being able to transfer money online between personal and business accounts. They now charge $3 per transfer on the phone. They sequence transactions so that withdrawals come out before deposits, which results in the $17 overdraft charges. They only offer one type of overdraft protection. You can either have protection for debit transactions or check transactions, but not both.... even if you have another account with thousands of dollars in it. It's another way to ding you for $17. I have been a customer for 15 years, but as of today I am closing all of my personal and business accounts and taking my business to a smaller Fayetteville bank. I hope this review saves another customer from having to deal with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I will never recommend Arvest Trust to manage anyone's money or property. They push smaller trusts aside while charging their astronomical fees to mismanage or completely ignore them and the beneficiaries. While telling members of their den of thieves "it wasn't at the top of my priorities"! Then conspire to hide their misdeeds. The Fayetteville branch has trust officers that don't listen to beneficiaries and treat your money as if it was theirs. Their property management division of the trust is full of flat out buffoons who conspire with each other in order to hide missing personal property to be auctioned or the sheer lack of property maintenance allowing property to languish to the point it is uninhabitable even after ignoring numerous requests for maintenance.

They lack basic common courtesy or respect such as trust officers opening mail addressed to other persons or asking me where I live when I met with the (mis)managers to address these concerns. Look elsewhere or you'll regret you even stepped through the door. Run away as fast as you can from these nincompoops. They are a shambles from top to bottom who would just as soon fleece you than look at you or treat you with an ounce of dignity or respect. I HAVE NO AXE TO GRIND REGARDING ARVEST. I'm merely telling a true story for all to hear. STAY AWAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS LOW RENT, BACKWARDS, HILLBILLY (MIS)TRUST DEPT. More to follow...

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Multiple false charges - I never do this but people should know and pay attention. Pls look at the charges on your account often. The fraud dept is gravely lacking and its cost is a LOT of money. We are going to switch banks!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

It's always a pleasurable experience when dealing with Arvest Bank. Their tellers are super courteous and very professional. They provide you with whatever information you need.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Horrible service and treated terribly by staff at this and Malvern road location. Staff does not answer phone at location, and they also give deceiving information. Worst bank I have ever banked at in 50 years. Do not care about a "relationship" with their customer, even if you bring them a million dollar a year business account.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Very pleasant customer service. They're efficient and treat you like you would expect from a bank. Get the job done right and are quick to help correct any problems. Decent online access. The website is fast, and it feels secure. The layout is easy to read and helps make banking online go as smoothly as possible. Standard financial services. Nothing to wink at but also no real big problems. Gets the job done and makes you feel like you're a valued customer. The bank itself and their online services both feel very secure. Authentication is satisfactory and I never felt like my assets or info were at risk.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

They are friendly, understand what you need or want. Act interested and helpful. Polite and accommodating. Pleasant atmosphere with happy faces and enjoyable to talk to. Easy to have a conversation with and discuss what I needed. Understood what I was asking for and gave me the best interest rate available. Security was evident and easily visible. Seemed capable of handling the premises. Signs were posted about what was not acceptable to be worn inside the bank. Felt secure and safe.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Friendly, happy comfortable. I am not a stranger when I go in. I am greeted like family. I have never had a bad experience. Courtesy and friendly. I can go online and get anything. I can check on my accounts and not have any problems, easy to navigate and I don't have to search for what I am looking for. Everything I need or need to talk about, it's easy to talk with and go over my needs. They are friendly when recommending service that may benefit me. I have never felt unsafe while entering or going online. I feel secure. They are up to date on safety. I am happy when I enter and leave.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The people were really friendly and honest with me, and helped me in the best possible way. It was a great experience and recommended to family and friends.

It was easy to use and laid out in a way anyone can understand. The pictures were helpful too. It helped answer questions in a way of not needing to talk to someone in person. Financial aid is very accommodating, understanding and of course, helpful, allowing payments and small interest rates to make it easy to pay back. Hard to find small interest rates these days. They take your security very high priority, no scams, all honesty, making you feel safe working with this company, which is rare these days. I highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Great customer service. Training is evident with the company. It seems to have constant and consistent training modules in place and it shows. Not a fan of the online access but it very simplistic over most. Not too many links and not too little. Very good job on keeping the site up to date. Financial services are great compared to many of the large branches. Offers an array of services for its consumers and is on point. Highly recommend to many. Great job of security. Haven't has or heard of any security issues and that means a lot to consumers today. Very valuable in their services.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Good job with their customer service because they were attentive to my needs. For what I needed they help with. They were indeed very professional and the customer service was friendly. When I did the online access for my transaction I did not know what to expect. I'm glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well they treated me and took care of my needs. When I described what I got out of the financial services experience I can say I did not know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised at how well they took care of me and what I needed from them. When I talk about the sense of security I received from them I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much you can get a chance to win the game.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

They greeted me very friendly, and I felt comfortable. I enjoyed the services they provided, and also look forward to returning. I'm grateful to have a bank I can trust and I would not change service and won't plan on to no time soon. Easy to save your username and log into your account on any devices. And also they provided an app that you can easily access and use to check your balance anywhere and anytime. They handle my money very well. I never had a problem depositing my check or getting cash from teller, or access account online. Easy as 123. I have fraud protection on all accounts, and it's easier to keep up with your balance and make transitions and pay bills very easy online.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I think the customer service at this location was very good. They were very very helpful and I answered every single question that I had. I would definitely do business there again. This company has a very good website that is easy to use and is very user-friendly, I had no problems working my way around it at all. Everything on this website is very self-explanatory.

I believe this company is very straightforward and does not try to hide anything from its people. Very, very informative, and upfront about everything. I felt as if they were not trying to manipulate my business anyway. I believe this company has a very good security protocol put in place but like any other company that deals with online services there's always going to be a threat of security breachment.

Arvest Bank Company Information