Arvest Bank

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Arvest Bank

Arvest Bank is a regional bank headquartered in Lowell, Arkansas. It has over 200 branches across Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. The bank offers a variety of financial products and services, including personal and business banking, loans, mortgages and investment services.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Variety of account types
  • Personalized services
  • Over 200 branch locations
  • Competitive rates on some accounts
Cons
  • Limited service area
  • Monthly fees on deposit accounts

Arvest Bank Reviews

Stars Rating

• 28%
  • 4%
  • 1%
  • 1%
  • 66%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvest Bank?
    Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 15, 2023

I deposited a check the other day $606,000 dollars. Since you only insure my account up to $250,000 I told the teller (Nicholas) that I was going to write checks to my other banks. He said FINE! I went to the other bank, wrote another check from Arvest to deposit $400,000 in two separate accounts. Yesterday that check BOUNCED! Then I get a call from a MACHINE saying "we put a hold on your account, if you have any questions call the MACHINE and spend 40 minutes going through the automated hurdles we do to keep customers from talking to actual people!"

I have a construction loan out right now with a $600k balance and I'M paying about $100 a day INTEREST. Is Arvest going to pay me $100 dollars a day INTEREST? Is Arvest going to cover the bad checks? How many days do you think you will be personally using MY MONEY until I get it back? Why didn't the teller TELL ME he was going to use my money for about a week or so when we were having this conversation. I need my money back, that's what this appointment was about.

So I go in there, met with Nick and a woman who didn't give me her name but she did most the talking so I assume she was the Manager. Nick lied and said he told me there would likely be a hold on this check. I can PROVE that was a lie because why would I go out and write bad checks if he had told me that? He didn't tell me that, and he KNEW I was going out to write checks at the other bank because I told him that is where I was headed. I can't let $600k sit in this account for even ONE DAY because there is HUGE RISK and NO REWARD! I then ASKED to have the check back and they told me no! They did NOTHING to help ease my tensions about the possibility of losing half a million dollars so I got up and left.

I went in with the intention of giving Arvest the opportunity to retain a customer. I was upset about a MACHINE calling me. You'd think for $600k someone would pick up the phone. I walk into Arvest and no one even knows who I am, nobody cares that I am at risk of losing a TON of money. Maybe they could have opened a couple of other accounts? Maybe they could spread the money out so it's not all in one account? Maybe they could CALL the other bank and verify funds? Maybe they could give me the check back and I could then have the funds wired to them? I got NO SOLUTIONS, just we CANTs.... So now I'm sitting here fuming and just praying this bank doesn't have a collapse before next week coz they are out there playing with MY MONEY!

Reviewed March 20, 2023

I had obtained POW legal documents prepared by my attorney regarding assisting my father banking. After he passed I went to the bank spoke to Louanne and she informed me that I had to go to probate to be able to get into my father account. I did that and had a copy on file with the fayetville bank. Every time since doing what was requested, Kelsey ** had me go through hoops knowing I’d just lost my father and that I had went to court to have the required paperwork on file. She was hateful. Today I went to close the account the teller asked me why I was closing the account I told her, Kelsey was standing near by went over to the teller whisper in her ear. Then instead of giving me the cash ($300.00), she gave me a cashier check I had to ask for her to make it cash. The teller attitude changed after Kelsey whispered in her ear. Don’t believe me check the video of the transaction. Really need to educate Kelsey ** on the value of the customer especially one that complied with all requirements and just lost my father. Empathy, compassion and treating the customer how you’d like to be treated.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2023

After years and years of ID theft and several banks later, Theresa from Conway, AR and numerous others, including Officer **, had to make sure a job is done right. Although, it might not be with smiles on our faces, she always has always been understanding, prompt, and diligent to make the problem complete. I'm not saying our job is done (since criminals always try some stunts again) but I know that I can depend on her and many others from Oak St. to make sure that I'm helped with the best of care. At the same time I was clueless at the bank the idiots tried investing with my card into Bitcoin and numerous other places online. Of course, they were shut down! Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2022

I pay before the account is due... I pay BEFORE and FULL amount each and every time. Try to surprise my fiancee with a ring... declined. Last night at Walmart.. $20... declined? WTF??!! Capitol One.. never does this. I'm trying to close the cc account and it's hell to get anyone to answer... Then I'm transferred to fraud... put on hold...hold...hold. I just want to close the CC account... Please. Santa.. all I want for Christmas is to close this CC account. Remember.. WALMART owns Arvest... explains a lot. Never again!!!

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2022

My husband and I went into Arvest Bank on Pleasant Grove Road in Rogers, Arkansas to purchase a CD. The branch manager is the person we needed to talk to about opening the CD. He was on the phone, and while we were waiting, two other people stepped in front of us and went into his office and did their business. He knew that we were waiting to see him as an employee of the bank had gone in to tell him. After 30 minutes, we left, and said to the branch manager- thanks for helping us- and he said- man, I’m busy. And I said- No problem, we will just go to another bank who wants our business. This bank doesn’t have the customer service it used to have. Lots of empty offices- no one but a scarecrow to greet you at the front.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

Bank teller told me it will not close before my pay period. Obviously she lied so my check is just in limbo out there. Apparently she do not know how to do her

job. I will probably get evicted evicted. Damn.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

I left Arvest a few months back. After my debit card was compromised 6 different times, I spent literal hours on the phone and at a branch asking what do I need to do differently. Although I realize that this is not the branch’s fault, I was very disappointed with the fact that the only advice I was given by the branch was to “Just stop using your Debit card”. I rebutted with, if you offer a service, I shouldn’t have to stop using it.

On top of that, I got sick and tired of all the $5 fees. I happened to bank with two other institutions simultaneously with zero problems, so I chose to part ways with Arvest. Today I was paid by a customer with an Arvest check, upon cashing it… guess what, “there’s a $5 fee for cashing the check”. I simply don’t understand and am very frustrated with the fact that you (Arvest) once again offer a service to your customer (checks) but then punish the notion of using said service! Crazy!!! What you have forced me to do is to decline any payment via your checks. Unfortunately you probably couldn’t care less, but it’s a burden on your customers. And I will most definitely be the voice in informing your customers why I won’t take their Arvest check.

To be transparent, the $5 will not make or break me, as I’m positive it won’t make or break your institution. The fact that you charge it simply shows how greedy your company is. Extremely disappointing from a bank with local roots, and who claims to have family/local values! Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this any further, I’m sure you still have my contact information!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2022

I just recently finalized a Balance Eraser Loan with Arvest Bank and of course, while you’re doing the transaction, everyone is nice and accommodating. When I was done with the rep she gave me a number and told me if I ever have any questions to please use that number. Actually, once I received the paperwork in the mail, the same phone number was listed as being customer service. On two occasions I have tried calling because I wanted to opt out of the monthly paper statements. The paperwork that was mailed to me specifically tells you to call the customer service number. I created an account online however any changes you want to make to your account must be made by phone.

Once I was finally able to reach someone I learned that the customer service number provided is actually NOT for the Balance Eraser Loan and it is handled by a different department. I asked for that number but they would not give it to me. There is NO WAY to reach a customer service representative once you apply and are approved for this loan. I think it would be great if they told the truth instead of scamming people. In the future, if I need help, I have decided to withhold my payment and I’m betting I’ll get a phone call from the non-existent customer service department.

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2022

UPDATED 10/10/2022: Absolutely terrible. Two fraudulent transactions were made on my card and Arvest Bank is clearly aware of this, I've wrestled with them for months trying to get my money back, they've come with every excuse in the world including some crap called "Regulation E". I just went on and closed my account, they deserve whatever comes their way for the way they've treated customers, if you have an account with Arvest Bank I suggest that you find another bank.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have two unauthorized transactions from an ATM withdrawal from 2 months ago. I reported this to the disputes department at Arvest Bank, I have been denied several times. I've put in several reassertions and I still got denied because they've sent me several letters in the mail saying that I was in possession of the card. The last reassertion I put in I got a letter in the mail from them saying "We did not receive notification from you about the disputed transactions within the time frames outlined within Regulation E. As a result we will not perform further review of your claim(s). Arvest Bank values your business. Please contact us if you have any questions or need further assistance". After all of the reassertions I've put in this is what I get back, had I known that they do their customers wrong like this I wouldn't have never started up an account with them. This is just plain wrong.

Reviewed July 27, 2022

I've made a wire transfer to pay my business partner. It's been two weeks now. Money still on my account and in the bank they just keep saying that they still reviewing my transfer. Two weeks! I'm sure they just doesn't know how to do it. Total incompetency! Never even think to be a client of this bank!

Reviewed July 12, 2022

I have been dealing with fraudulent charges on one of my accounts for the past 2 months. A month ago I was told and still have the emails that the dispute has been closed and I could go ahead and close the account it dealt with. I get a letter in the mail at the beginning of July the fraudulent case they did was denied (which is total crap because I wasn't in town when my car was used) and they re withdrew funds from my two open accounts that had nothing to do with the account the fraud charges were on. They lied to me in June and the fraud charges were $900. If they were still investigating the fraud charges they should have froze the account they were on. They have told me so many different stories on why and how their disputes work. I would tell anyone who uses Arvest not to. I have never had this much problem with a bank.

Reviewed June 18, 2022

I left my bank of 30+ years, they were bought out by a non-US conglomerate and opened an account with Arvest. Moved all my direct deposit retirement monies to this account, deposited 35 k, these idiots sent me a broken skipping auto dialer nonsense message. Screw them. I'll put my money elsewhere.

Reviewed May 25, 2022

They let two insurance companies keep stealing my money despite numerous request for reversals and blocks. Of 3500 I have received 300 back. They returned some of the oldest charges on one complaint but left 1000 dollars of the newest off and said it was on me. My truck has been totalled and was paid out by another ins company and still Arvest won't return 6 months premiums. Usaa even kept drafting when I did not renew and told them they were fired. Arvest would not help get it stopped. I AM A VET THAT JUST TOOK STELLATE GANGLION BLOCKS TO DEAL WITH ANXIETY AND MY BANK GAVE 2 ** WHEN I pleaded with them. They even left off my address when they mailed my new acct packet with all my info. My small post office caught it. Then they sent me an address request to the address.

Reviewed April 5, 2022

Been a customer of Arvest more than 10 years. Left a job recently that I had been at for 8 years, as part of my resignation they sent me a third party check for my final pay. Deposited the check into my Arvest account and a week later the funds were taken back out as the check was returned to payee. I was charged an $8.00 fee for this. To remedy the issue my employer sent a wire transfer to my account for the full amount of the check, Arvest charged me $10 for an incoming wire transfer. Called customer service to see about getting the fees refunded since none of it was my fault and they said no, since the fee schedule is posted they can't do anything about it. In reality, they could have easily waived the fees but chose not to. I guess Arvest needs the $18 more than I do. Shopping for a new bank immediately.

Reviewed March 30, 2022

Friday, March 25, 2022, my checking account was hacked. It had been hacked March 18th, also, by the same hacker as March 25th. I disputed that debit and the money was put back into my account. Mind you, wouldn't you think that if I was hacked by the same person that Arvest would know not to let that same person hack me again, a week later -- 5 times in one day, totalling $2,100+? Arvest should have measures in place so an entity cannot re-hack an account, much less 5 times in a row -- on the same day!

Price

Reviewed July 26, 2021

Was ok about having one payment. Didn't know it would cost me just as much interest at 20.49% it will cost me 6 years to pay off. Try calling them, says it is on lockdown and not willing to help me lower the finance.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed July 23, 2021

We have several accounts at Arvest Bank and they denied me a loan to purchase a rv for $9K, because I don't live in a state that Walmart Bank is located, I have a credit score of 814, and several hundreds of thousand in IRA. Don't Bank at Arvest!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2021

Arvest Bank 218 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74112. This is the slowest branch I have ever seen. I don't think this branch deserves one star at this point. Upper management needs to review employee ethics, productivity, and efficiency.

Reviewed May 26, 2021

Worst bank in the area! Used to be great! But have completely lost sight of customer service. From getting rid of deposit slips, making it a nightmare for customers to handle their bookkeeping. Extremely difficult to work with on mortgage and in-house loans. Complete apathy for working to improve a situation or help their customers. They have great employees and loan officers on the ground floor, but their hands are tied with corporate policies that are completely out of touch with their clients. They've lost all of my accounts and I'll never do a loan with them again. And, as a Realtor, will strongly discourage my clients from using them.

Reviewed May 11, 2021

Worst company I have ever worked with. When Covid 19 hit, every other loan company worked with us and our job losses and reduction of income. This company? Not at all. They send a tow truck. I will never do business with them again and I will tell everyone I know how they did me.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2020

We have been loyal customers for years. Needed a small loan. Was turned down. Arvest certainly don't care about their customer needs. If we didn't need help we would'nt have ask for it. They do not care. Very disappointed with Arvest bank.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2020

Generally speaking I like the hours at my bank. And the people are great. The Mobile App works very well. But it seems to me their direct deposit is ridiculously slow. They say funds are available when they receive them. But I highly doubt it. I have had funds issued on Nov. 15th and it is now Nov. 19th and no deposit. This happens every payday. It’s at least 3 days and sometimes 4. I think snail mail would be quicker! Co-workers who use other banks always get their paycheck deposited before mine. It gets rather frustrating.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

I have had a personal bank account with Arvest for three years and have never had issues with them until I opened a business account. The day I opened the account, I gave them a check for $15k. One day later Arvest mails me a letter stating they are closing down my account in 30-days. Not only did they shut down my business account but they also shut down my personal account. The reason as stated in the letter, "We have determined this relationship is no longer mutually beneficial, and we ask that you not make any future attempt to open an account with Arvest Bank."

I called customer service to investigate, and was told that they could not investigate, that the case is closed. When I inquired about speaking with someone higher up the chain of the command, I was told that it would not be possible. Just like that, no explanation, and no way to appeal. What a helpless feeling knowing that these people have that much power. So many questions that are now left unanswered. Sad. Confused. Stressed.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2020

Am regular Business account holder here. Have moved several hundred thousands of dollars through my business account in last few months. Insulted when applied for small vehicle loan, offered 30% of value. All loan payments made perfectly on time over minimum of last 5 + years. Bank next door approved full loan in 30 minutes at same rates. Bottom line is no loyalty to large account holding business customers. Sad that you cannot get true Customer service from this local bank that knows me. Have better luck with online banks that don't know me at all, or just the bank next door. I STRONGLY DON'T RECOMMEND THIS BANK.

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2020

I opened a personal account with Arvest. Got a loan check deposited, tried to raise limit so I can withdraw the cash. Was flagged for fraud, not sure why because I've had an account with Chase before. Long story short they closed my account and sent my COVID19 loan check back to the lender and now I have no idea where my money is and they won't provide any info. I'M PISSED, NEVER USE ARVEST AGAIN.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2020

Long term customers who don't use some service a lot, such as cashier check fees, should be given a freebie ever so many years. Paying fees for your hard earned money to me is ridiculous. Get more business from word of mouth.

Reviewed May 24, 2020

I opened an account last Thursday. Everything was good until my deposit didn't go through on my new account then I went to the bank to deposit 200.00 to fund the account. Mind you I have 14 days. The banker never told me they were my account was sent to the fraud dept and it was being closed. I had to go back up there to the bank, pick up my money. come home and still feel like I was taken advantage of. Still no reason why and the bank manager at the branch didn't have no reason to why and them banker knew this was wrong. I wouldn't bank here again. I will not shop at Walmart again and I will not be having nothing else to do with Walmart. They're sick people.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed May 9, 2020

Arvest staff for some reason are of the most unhelpful bank personnel around. They seem to believe they are doing you a huge favor giving you your money you entrust them with. I have banked there for several plus years and each year they get worse. Tried to get a copy of a document notarized the other day of which they notarized the original two days prior. Wouldn't do it - said it was against policy. I need to go to a notary. I go down the road to a different bank. No problem.

Did a wire transfer this week and the money doesn't show up. So I go to the branch in Van Buren AR to see what's up. They tell me they had a question for the sending bank and hadn't heard back. I asked what would happen if I didn't come looking for my money. They stated nothing they guess. No phone call no email. Nothing. So I call the sending bank - a real bank and they state they answered the question two days ago and the money was already with Arvest for 4 days.

So I call head office of Arvest in Fayetteville. I'm told to speak to the fraud dept since there is a problem. The call starts at 9:15 and I begin to hold... finally I am told the person who needs to speak to me is a Ms Gillian and will need to hold. 45 minutes later Gillian comes on the phone and begins to give me the third degree asking all sorts of questions. Where does the money come from, what is it for, how much is it, who does it belong to, why was it sent, what is the purpose and on and on. I ask for her last name since I sense a review will be eminent, but she tells me she needn't give me that, it's not required. I am here to answer questions. All the question which have nothing to do with the bank. I ask what the problem is. Can't give me one.

She says I will receive an email when they release the money. They have no cause to hold my money for any reason and now it just for spite. If you argue with them they list you in their subnotes for other colleagues so all can give you a hard time - because how dare you stand up for yourself. I have never been overdrawn or had a single item returned in 7 years. I have no finance with them or owe them a penny. They hold my my money. Not I theirs. Yet I must be treated like a villain by them.

Last year I closed 4 accounts with them for being equally useless. Beware doing business with this bank. They do not value customers at all. Their motto should simply be easy come easy go as far as customers are concerned. And to crown it all they lie left right and center. Be sure to record them as they record us. You never know where you might post the interesting recordings. Mine will be going on Youtube! At the writing of this review still they haven't completed my transaction which is also my last major transaction with them. Advice. They are good as a little "piggy bank" account holder - that's all. Work with a real bank not these clowns.

Reviewed March 13, 2020

I have had horrible customer service since I opened a credit card through Arvest Bank in Jan 2020. Every time there is a credit/payment, the company holds it over a week before posting to my account. But within 24 hours they shows charges. Customer Service has no clue or explanation why. I have never had this issue with anyone else before. They are a joke, don't waste your time.

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer ServicePriceStaffProcess

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2020

I have had problems with Arvest Bank for years. 3 years ago I wanted to open a secured credit card with a bank. I went to Bank OZK and Arvest. Bank OZK's process was easy and completely online. Within one week I was approved for a $800 secured credit account. At the same time I went to a physical Arvest location to talk to someone. The person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about and confused me into opening a $600 CD, and calling that a secure credit card. While I have been able to use it like a credit card and it accrues interest like a CD, I have been told multiple times that because it is a CD and not a regular credit card, I can only close the account during a one-week period, even if I had a $0.00 balance the other 51 weeks.

Most recently, charges were VERY slow to post to my account and I unknowingly went negative on my checking account. Arvest charged me $51 in overdraft fees, and when I contacted customer service they were very combative when I explained the situation. They tried to dismiss the whole thing and say, "oh, but we provide better overdraft fees than most 'local' banks." I informed that I would like to cancel my service and switch to a no-fee bank (Chime). The associate said in a snarky tone that no such bank existed and she had never heard of a no-fee bank. When I informed her that Chime, Capital One 360, and others provide no-fee services she dismissed them saying, "hmm, never heard of them." I have learned my lesson and will be switching my checking account to Chime and just doing my best to close out my CD account as soon as I can. Wish me luck.

Arvest Bank Company Information