1.45/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Armed Forces Bank

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Armed Forces Bank Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

They were never good and have become horrible. Good luck reporting fraudulent transactions because they refuse to answer their phone, which is the only way to make a report. I am calling them from Thailand via Skype thank God because I've been "on hold" for 45 minutes. There is no excuse for hold times this long. None. We will be closing our account once they ever get off their behinds to actually answer the phone. I'm just hoping we don't have our entire account drained before I finally manage to speak to someone. I am seriously considering legal action if that occurs. Why should we be out thousands because they refuse to make representatives available to take a fraud report.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have been with this bank for 16 years and now switching to another. Every time I have to make a larger deposit or get a straight answer from customer service it’s always an issue. First when PayPal tried to take payment from my account that has been linked for 15 years they told them the account was closed, it definitely is not, and now I have late fees. I called to sort things out. They tell me nothing is wrong. Second I make a large check deposit. They told me a five day hold no problem. I make it at 8 on Monday thinking Friday or Saturday. No the following week Tuesday. So actually 8 days. I asked why. They said, "We don’t count weekends." If your bank is open on the weekends guess what. That’s still a business day.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I've unfortunately had them since Boot Camp. I'm finally switching to another bank because it started out bad and has just gotten worse. I've had several problems throughout the years when it came to accessing my money while overseas and making large purchases, especially after they stopped their 24 hour banking support service. Also, unlike several of the other big Military oriented banks, they are almost nowhere and don't offer ATM fee refunds. As someone who banked with them for years, I highly recommend banking somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Longest hold times and most incompetent and inept customer service agents ever. Absolutely terrible at protecting the funds of their customers. I've had my credit card info compromised on two separate occasions with this bank and neither time did they reach out or lock my account, even though the transactions were in states I had NEVER been to. But God forbid I buy a part for a vehicle in my home town without my account being locked for it. Worst bank in existence.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I got a secured credit card with this bank in order to build credit. The problem is, they take weeks to process a payment, and then report to the credit bureaus that your balance is higher than it actually is! As a result of using this bank, my credit score actually lowered! When I called to see what was going on, they were extremely disorganized and argumentative. DO NOT BANK HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR CREDIT SCORE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armed Forces Bank?

Original review: July 1, 2019

No 24/7 customer service! Account lockout after-business-hours or on Sunday? New card problems or problems with debit card pin??? You get 0 customer service until you call their inept customer service reps the next business day! Sleep on the street if traveling and needing to pay for a Hotel room or fuel with this worthless bank.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This is the financial institution in Colorado Springs we use now for all of our home/financing needs. We'd done about 7 finance/re-finances with another institution, but when our banker there (Debbie **) left - so did we. Debbie's expertise in banking and in working with Veterans and Veteran's Programs is truly invaluable. She is the ONLY person we will work directly with now because we know that she will honestly ensure the best rates and terms. Period. Debbie is not only an expert in the banking and finance industry (especially Veteran's programs), she also has a heart of gold and seriously wants to help you find the very best deal for YOU. No upsells, no hidden points, none of that. Just honesty and transparency.

We've recommended Debbie to many of our friends (even in other States) and they have all been very happy with her. If you're in the market (or even shopping rates), call them and ask for Debbie! She'll be completely open and full-disclosure while finding the BEST deal for you. Find her at debbielaney.com which links directly to Armed Forces Bank.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Not sure why the reviews posted are a 1 or a two. My family and I have been with the AFB for 53 years this June. We have NEVER experienced any type of negative banking services. I have overseas nine times, from Vietnam, Germany, Saudi, Japan, Korea and 6 different States and never had any type of issue both CONUS and OCONUS. Our agent for our home, Melanie **, has been available for us each time we financed or refinanced a home and with her personal assistance we were complex and transaction within one week, again, both CONUS and OCONUS. No other banking can provide you that beat you deserve.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

ZERO STARS! WORST BANK EVER! They STOLE (lost) MY MONEY! DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS BANK! They are extremely disorganized and have no clue what they are doing. Long on hold times and then the agent ALWAYS has to go find someone that knows how to do what you asked, even for very simple things. They literally LOST my money (checking account), admitted it was their fault and then said there was nothing they could do about it. How the heck does a bank just lose money like that? How can they get away with this? Worse than that it was just a couple hundred dollars so I'd be in the hole if I sued. I'm going to try taking them to small claims court but I'm sure they have VERY good lawyers that will STOMP me.

Do not go through any of these banks either they are owned by the same company and probably just as bad as AFB: DICKINSON FINANCIAL CORP. II INC., DICKINSON FINANCIAL CORP., BANK MIDWEST, ARMED FORCES BANK, ACADEMY BANK., Armed Forces Bank of California, Southern Commerce Bank, Sunbank, and Fiserv, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’ve had the same problems everyone else here is having. This bank is awful. Please do not use this bank ever. Wish I could send you guys a picture. They’re saying that my account is overdrawn because of previous purchases made like a week ago? This is the worst bank in the world, as a service member who was offered no choice in a financial institution when I first joined the army. This will not just end with a Facebook post??? All the instruments that the Armed Forces Banks equipped me was has set me up for failure from the beginning.

I was told by a supervisor there that over the weekend and Monday as a holiday nothing in the system is being updated. Now this is Tuesday night at 6pm when I called them and still they’re saying that it will be updated? These people can’t explain how my funds have been spent and when they’ve been spent? So in essence I had no money, my account information wasn’t being updated and they allowed me to overdraft while the app had my account in a positive balance, then charge me $58 in fees just to empty the account and told me that purchases I made a week ago are now being processed.

Armed Forces Bank Company Information