2. Finance
  3. Banks and Credit Unions

4.0/5 (166 ratings)

About Armed Forces Bank

Armed Forces Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armed Forces Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armed Forces Bank?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I've unfortunately had them since Boot Camp. I'm finally switching to another bank because it started out bad and has just gotten worse. I've had several problems throughout the years when it came to accessing my money while overseas and making large purchases, especially after they stopped their 24 hour banking support service. Also, unlike several of the other big Military oriented banks, they are almost nowhere and don't offer ATM fee refunds. As someone who banked with them for years, I highly recommend banking somewhere else.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Longest hold times and most incompetent and inept customer service agents ever. Absolutely terrible at protecting the funds of their customers. I've had my credit card info compromised on two separate occasions with this bank and neither time did they reach out or lock my account, even though the transactions were in states I had NEVER been to. But God forbid I buy a part for a vehicle in my home town without my account being locked for it. Worst bank in existence.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I got a secured credit card with this bank in order to build credit. The problem is, they take weeks to process a payment, and then report to the credit bureaus that your balance is higher than it actually is! As a result of using this bank, my credit score actually lowered! When I called to see what was going on, they were extremely disorganized and argumentative. DO NOT BANK HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR CREDIT SCORE!

Original review: July 1, 2019

No 24/7 customer service! Account lockout after-business-hours or on Sunday? New card problems or problems with debit card pin??? You get 0 customer service until you call their inept customer service reps the next business day! Sleep on the street if traveling and needing to pay for a Hotel room or fuel with this worthless bank.

Original review: April 29, 2019

This is the financial institution in Colorado Springs we use now for all of our home/financing needs. We'd done about 7 finance/re-finances with another institution, but when our banker there (Debbie **) left - so did we. Debbie's expertise in banking and in working with Veterans and Veteran's Programs is truly invaluable. She is the ONLY person we will work directly with now because we know that she will honestly ensure the best rates and terms. Period. Debbie is not only an expert in the banking and finance industry (especially Veteran's programs), she also has a heart of gold and seriously wants to help you find the very best deal for YOU. No upsells, no hidden points, none of that. Just honesty and transparency.

We've recommended Debbie to many of our friends (even in other States) and they have all been very happy with her. If you're in the market (or even shopping rates), call them and ask for Debbie! She'll be completely open and full-disclosure while finding the BEST deal for you. Find her at debbielaney.com which links directly to Armed Forces Bank.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Not sure why the reviews posted are a 1 or a two. My family and I have been with the AFB for 53 years this June. We have NEVER experienced any type of negative banking services. I have overseas nine times, from Vietnam, Germany, Saudi, Japan, Korea and 6 different States and never had any type of issue both CONUS and OCONUS. Our agent for our home, Melanie **, has been available for us each time we financed or refinanced a home and with her personal assistance we were complex and transaction within one week, again, both CONUS and OCONUS. No other banking can provide you that beat you deserve.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

ZERO STARS! WORST BANK EVER! They STOLE (lost) MY MONEY! DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS BANK! They are extremely disorganized and have no clue what they are doing. Long on hold times and then the agent ALWAYS has to go find someone that knows how to do what you asked, even for very simple things. They literally LOST my money (checking account), admitted it was their fault and then said there was nothing they could do about it. How the heck does a bank just lose money like that? How can they get away with this? Worse than that it was just a couple hundred dollars so I'd be in the hole if I sued. I'm going to try taking them to small claims court but I'm sure they have VERY good lawyers that will STOMP me.

Do not go through any of these banks either they are owned by the same company and probably just as bad as AFB: DICKINSON FINANCIAL CORP. II INC., DICKINSON FINANCIAL CORP., BANK MIDWEST, ARMED FORCES BANK, ACADEMY BANK., Armed Forces Bank of California, Southern Commerce Bank, Sunbank, and Fiserv, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’ve had the same problems everyone else here is having. This bank is awful. Please do not use this bank ever. Wish I could send you guys a picture. They’re saying that my account is overdrawn because of previous purchases made like a week ago? This is the worst bank in the world, as a service member who was offered no choice in a financial institution when I first joined the army. This will not just end with a Facebook post??? All the instruments that the Armed Forces Banks equipped me was has set me up for failure from the beginning.

I was told by a supervisor there that over the weekend and Monday as a holiday nothing in the system is being updated. Now this is Tuesday night at 6pm when I called them and still they’re saying that it will be updated? These people can’t explain how my funds have been spent and when they’ve been spent? So in essence I had no money, my account information wasn’t being updated and they allowed me to overdraft while the app had my account in a positive balance, then charge me $58 in fees just to empty the account and told me that purchases I made a week ago are now being processed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I opened a credit card account last year at a branch in WA state and started having problems right away. I told the manager of branch I wanted card paid in full each month when due. It never happened and I got late fee. I contacted bank and told them to call manager of bank I opened the account to clear things up. They never did so I called again with each call lasting near a hour. They told me I had to go thru another dept. dedicated to credit cards but it would not let me set up my account. I called bank again and they set me up and refunded late fee. The next month they took out 2000 from my bank account to cover credit card.

The card statement I got said I deposited 138 that month so I am out 2000-138. I called again and they gave me the runaround. I am a disabled veteran and 2000 is a lot of money for me to lose. I called several times since then and nothing. I closed credit card account and am looking for another bank. There is nothing I can do about this theft. They said they don't do business that way but I am out money and the only recourse I can see is to go federal reserve to complain to them. This is the first time for me losing money to an incompetent bank. Last month I checked my account and seen my rent payment debited 3 times and another debited twice but it was taken care of before I called the next day. How does that happen.

They blocked my account because I brought some books from Amazon which were small amounts because it looked suspicious. This bank is bad news and I have been with it over ten years hoping they would clean up their act. The only reason I joined bank is because I thought with the name Armed Forces Bank I would get better service since I was 100% disabled vet. Do not open a credit card account.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

This is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. It seems like every couple of days I would have to call them usually to fix their mistakes. I was on the phone no less than an hour each time. Every time I would call I would be told something different about the same issue or their policies in general how they handle situations all of the above. I filed a dispute they told me it was received and being reviewed. I called several times about status. Was told I had to wait, 3 months later they tell me we never had a dispute filed. WHAT? And now it is too late to file it. They denied the dispute because it had been over 60 days. NO I have proof it was filed right away and this was a big amount too.

The company that took my money is a scam so they stole my money and the bank plays games so the scammer wins. One of the many problems I called about was my Business bank card. It never worked. Wouldn’t let me set up my pin or work in ATM. After months and months of calling and ordering new cards (15 new cards) waiting for new one to come to find out it didn’t work either someone at the bank figures out that they had the wrong code in so it would never work. He fixed it and wow problem solved. I finally get everything working correctly then I get a notice they are closing my accounts and won’t tell me why and no one at the bank knows why either. Because they are incompetent. They close my account. Like I said worst bank ever! And there is more too but I am out!

Armed Forces Bank Company Information