2.39/5

Formerly GMAC

1044 Ally Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

The only downside to the online account is the inability to deposit cash to your account. If you need to deposit cash you would need to get a check or money order to do it. Or you would have to deposit into another bank account and transfer.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We've utilized this bank for quite a few years as a separate savings and have used the auto division for a few loans. The use online is excellent with easy navigation of the website. Mobile deposits can take a while especially when some of the writing is not clear. A few times I have had to ask for another check from someone or submit a couple times. That's it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Ally has been wonderful in their customer service. Someone is always been there when I have a question, they are great! Ally has worked with me when my payments were running behind due to a divorce (when my husband, Kelly, met a girl 23 years old, 44 years his junior, in Guatemala). He lied and said I abandoned him.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This is absolutely the most crooked company I've ever worked with in my life and I've had a lot of car loans in my days. I purchased a vehicle from them 14 months ago at Ken Garff in West Valley City Utah. I purchased it under my personal credit and my business credit to help establish my business with credit. My rate was 14% with the ability to refinance 12 months later. I went to refinance and they wouldn't approve me for the loan because they said I was too upside down in my vehicle. I've paid $10000 over a 14 month period and $7000 has went to interest. I'm not a mathematician but that's 70% interest not 14%.

Because I'm self employed I don't always make my payment on my due date. It's usually a couple weeks late never 30 days late but a couple weeks. Not only are they hitting me with a late fee they say by being late for every day that I'm late they change my finance charges and that I should have been told this when I got the loan from the finance department at Ken Garff so I called them and they said that's bull crap. They've never heard of a loan being able to change your finance charges depending on whether your payment's on time but Ally is claiming that it was in the fine print of the loan that I signed. I've spoken with managers, etc.. and they all say the same thing that this is their policy! It's not right what they're doing and looks like they've screwed people in the past. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I have only a savings account. Pro: interest rate is a little better than available at brick-and-mortar institutions. Big con: it takes 24 hours to withdraw funds; I can't get money quickly for emergencies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Would like making deposits easier. Instead of mailing in, maybe use debit card for quicker access as I don’t trust the post office at all! Could breach account info if lost. Otherwise it’s great value.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Ally has been a godsend for me and my family. They are extremely digital friendly, convenient, offer fair savings interest rates - and best of all I can access my money anywhere. Would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I love this bank! If you ever need to call in the customer service reps are cordial and competent. Online banking tasks run smoothly and efficiently. Bill pay works from one bank to another very quickly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Worst customer relations experience ever! Staff rude and unresponsive, only response was threatening to have a collections company pursue me for their excess wear claim. Returned my vehicle in excellent condition. No issues, including any windshield damage. No notice of 3rd party inspection, did not occur in contractual time frame. Received a $1,295.78 invoice for a greater than 1/2" windshield 'crack' per their Dings & Dent guide. Their own report photographically documents that the chip was acceptable.

Repeated attempts to discuss the situation and challenge the charge was met with no oral or written response. Denied my claims that the windshield was not damaged before return to dealer. Told me I had no recourse since the car had already been resold. Lessee beware! Obviously a scam among Ally Bank, 3rd party inspector and vehicle reseller since repair cost would be less than a $100. Do not lease a vehicle through Ally Bank.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Have linked my local bank to Ally which allows easy transfer of funds between the two banks. This allows me to have my pay check to come to my local bank for my immediate needs, then transfer the surplus fund to Ally for their great savings rate. Then if the funds in Ally are needed it is easy to move the funds to my local bank.

Ally Bank Company Information