Formerly GMAC

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

Ally Bank Reviews

Original review: June 20, 2020

We wanted to transfer our lease into my husband's name so that I could get the lease off my credit in order to complete a home refinance and save $600. This home refi would have helped me pay for childcare and other things I needed while dealing with quarantine. The Ally call center who called me said they would not help me because they suspended the product due to covid.

This product is a product that would help me save money. They told me no they would not accommodate me and offer me a lease transfer even through they usually offer the product. I asked to talk to a manager and they refused to give me one that was in the actual lease department in Ally. They keep giving me a call center. They refused to answer my last two emails. Because of Ally, my family has to back out of the house refi and lose $600 a month which could help us with child care. They are anything but helpful. They decided that helping me was not worth their time. I would never of imagined that this company would not help someone in need.

Original review: June 18, 2020

They are the absolute worst to deal with, on hold for over an hour every time you call in and never an english speaking agent. Also only randomly updates credit reports even with 39 on-time payments. Therefore when trying to do a mortgage I was forced to pay the loan off to get it off my credit due to them not reporting for the last 6 months of on-time payments. In the mortgage companies eyes that is bad credit. They refused to update my credit.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I bought a Volvo at Scott Dealerships in Lehigh County. My credit was fair due to divorce. I was offer an auto loan at 9.5% by the finance guy at Scott Motors on Lehigh Street. The payment was better than that being offered by yet another rip-off lender recommended on CREDIT KARMA. When I went to sign the loan papers, I was "switched" to a 12.5%! I questioned that and he offered some "BS" excuse. I still wanted the car. In reading the papers, there was an additional $3,000 added in. It was for a warranty that Vince added in and never told me. It was for only the drive train!... Wait, on a Volvo with 94,500 miles??.. and built to go 1,000,000 miles?? I told him to remove it. What a shyster!... But it's car people, right (??), lower than whale "**" they are.

I just looked at a recent statement. I am 3 payments ahead. I sent an additional principle pre-payment which had a finance charge taken out. They never answered my letter. My finance charge for the last payment in May 2020 was an appalling 24.77%. Yes, I am looking into a fraud claim against Ally and Scott Dealerships. Stay away from both!

Original review: June 16, 2020

I overnighted the payoff as a cashier's check (certified funds) to Ally on June 4th. It was received at 10:13 am on June 5th. Ally didn’t process it until the 8th of June, and when they did process it, they did so as non-certified funds! This is costing me precious time as we are moving on the 18th! I have a buyer for my vehicle waiting, and waiting, and waiting! I am SO FRUSTRATED... Numerous phone calls of being ignored, stating they need more time, I’m DONE with Ally!

Original review: June 16, 2020

Have a 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid that is financed by ALLY FINANCIAL. One day on the way to work I was trying and that white smoke started coming out of the engine and the car started losing power. I had towed to Firestone and they charged $60 diagnostic fee. They said that it was antifreeze in the spark plugs and all over the engine. It said that it was electrical but they now can't get the car started. They said to tow to dealership. Then went to Kia. It was $130 basic diagnostic. Same thing. They couldn't get it started so it would be $540 for full diagnostic to get started.

I've already put out money and I don't have that kind of money to get it diagnosed and fixed. So not happy and scared I decided to do a VOLUNTARY REPO and called ALLY FINANCIAL.. I started the process all the way back in In February so I thought! They took my information and took the information of where the car was. When I called back they had nothing in this system so once again I had to start the process. So that was twice in February I called and it wasn't started. I called twice in March. To my surprise once again it wasn't started and each time I called I had to continue to start the process over. Each month I called twice.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWFUL! Then this past month believe it or not we finally got someone Cristina ** That listened. Took the information once again. She had me wait on the phone while she called kia. She got back on the phone and said yes The car has been there since January. Mind you we are At the end of May. She also told me there's an $800 storage fee. She told me she would have to call a company to come and pick it up and pay for the storage fee upfront and Ally would reimburse the company. She said they had to do it that way because of the Corona epidemic. She told me to call her back that Friday to follow up. Called her twice Friday Saturday Monday. All with an urgent message.

Today is Saturday June 13th and still have not hurt from her. So Last week I spoke to and Amber I think it was the repossession team. She said "I don't think that they're going to pick the car up". She told me to hold on for a minute when she came back she told me that it is not cost efficient for Ally to get the car. I was FLOORED! As you probably already know I had to purchase a car to back-and-forth to work. Thinking that they were going to take the car. I can't pay for it to be repaired. It's too expensive and now I can't pay for the payments because I already have a car that I can barely pay for right now.

Now she says I have to work something out with here for the storage fees and what am I supposed to do with the car that doesn't run!? We already have 2 car payments I can't make a 3rd car payment on a car I don't have - I haven't had since January that doesn't run. This whole situation has been so stressful and has stressed me out even more because dealing with this pandemic and I fiance not working because of a Very compromise immune system due to dealing with cancer over the last 10 years. So I have just had bad dealings with a lie. This should have been handled back and February. Now that I have another car I am stuck!

I knew I would Have to pay something on the remaining balance after they sold the vehicle. They just really handled everything unprofessional and now I am really screwed. I don't know how I'm going to pay this car while we have 2 other car payments. If anyone can help please let me know. I will never have another car Financed through Ally Financial ever again and I will never have my friends finance their car with them. When they want money from you it's easy to get in touch with them. But if you need anything else you can't get in touch with them because this Amber person would not give me the corporate number. She gave me P.O. Box number in Bloomington. She Kept asking me is it for a complaint? It doesn't matter. I want to speak to someone in corporate so she gave me A PO Box number. She said you have to write the letter to that address. Really shady!

I CAN'T AFFORD ANOTHER CAR PAYMENT! Not just because of the. It's just I don't make that kind of money. I would even have the car towed to them and they were not OK with that! They said it's not cost efficient to them. It's not cost efficient to me when I don't have the car but they still want me to make payments on it and they won't repo It! They kept calling for me to make payments in February. I had already been trying to voluntary repo it. They knew I was trying to do that apparently because if I wasn't making payments on a regular basis they would have came to repo the car! Of course I didn't make a payment for the few months that I did not have the car. Ally is very shady and unprofessional! I have had several cars and never had an AWFUL experience like I am now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ally Bank?

Original review: June 12, 2020

I've only had to contact Ally a few times; each time has been terrible. Online chat typically takes 2-3 hours just to get to speak to someone, and then be transferred over and over. Phone calls are no better, hours long wait time, people that don't speak English well and no results. I did a trade and received confirmation at $46. The Ally account shows my trade went through at $35, which would be great if I wasn't shorting the stock. The stock did not trade anywhere near $35 that day, nor has it in months. Ally is awful. I'm closing my account.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Everyone Beware of Potential Impact on Credit Score because of Ally Bank inefficiency: Are you making your loan payments on time trying to rebuild your credit or keep your credit in great shape? Well, Ally Bank has not been reporting my on time payments since Dec. 2019 to June 2020. When this was mentioned in my first call to them in May, they said they are aware that reporting has not been occurring and they are working on it; they will expedite the correction. Now this is June and my second call to them, their excuse is because they are limited on staff. This is a poor business model or practice and completely unfair to the consumer. These same folks judge us on the credit reports to give people loan etc. Ally Bank please fix your problem and cut out the slackness! This is hurting the consumer, whether you realize it or not (how could you not, you're a bank) those trying to rebuild and keep up their credit score. Your lacks are impacting the consumer!

Original review: June 3, 2020

They stopped reporting my payments to the credit bureaus in Dec 2019 even thou I made them each month on time. Thus my credit report reflects I owe more on my loan than what I actually owe. I will be making a complaint with the BBB and federal agencies.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I paid my vehicle 07 Solstice off months ago but never got my car title. After I finally reached their off after many dropped calls I was told it was sent out already. It took years to pay off the vehicle and I'm sure the title just didn't disappear out my mailbox. The company is shady, my family or I won't be doing ANY type of business with Ally headache again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I took a loan for 36 months, I pay it in 6 months, but the bank didn’t report my payment to my credit... They report on December 2019 and March 2020.... They didn’t report my payment at January 2020 or February 2020. I had to call 10 times to the customer service and they lie to you all the time, every time that I call they say something else... No one care about you!!!! I Finish my payment ay May 2020 and they still didn’t report that I don’t have an open account with them!! I give them 0!!!! Don’t use this bank. It’s a joke!! When they don’t have an answer they put you on hold and then hang up because you can’t reach the same person twice!!

Ally Bank Company Information