Overview

Alleviate Financial Solutions has an average rating of 3.8/5.0, based on 13 reviews.

Data Analysis Coming Soon

ConsumerAffairs has been collecting reviews since 1998, including over 3,000 phone interviews per month to get the full story from real consumers.

We are in progress on gathering enough review data to provide you a breakdown. Check out the Web Consensus to see our analysis across all online reviews for this brand.

Data Analysis Coming Soon

What’s Web Consensus?

We gather and analyze all online reviews about this brand, so you can see the full picture in one place.

Log-in or create an account to get access to what 13 reviewers said about Alleviate Financial Solutions.

80%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Customer Service
Good
Customer Service

75 recent reviews we have found on the internet mentioned Alleviate Financial Solutions's customer service. 79% were happy or satisfied with the customer service.

Staff

95%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Staff
Excellent
Staff

183 recent reviews we have found on the internet mentioned Alleviate Financial Solutions's staff. 95% were happy or satisfied with the staff.

Process

92%of reviewers were satisfied with the company's Process
Excellent
Process

46 recent reviews we have found on the internet mentioned Alleviate Financial Solutions's process. 92% were happy or satisfied with the process.

What’s Web Consensus?

Log-in or create an account to get access to what 3 reviewers said about Alleviate Financial Solutions.

3.8(13)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
By:
Author picture
Edited by:

About Alleviate Financial Solutions

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free consultation
  • 24/7 account access
Cons
  • Not all debts qualify for debt settlement
  • Can take up to 48 months
  • Not available in all states

Our editor's take

Alleviate Financial Solutions is a good option for individuals drowning in debt. This can mean that the individual has over $10,000 in debt, multiple credit cards at or near the credit limit or is on the brink of declaring bankruptcy. Additionally, if someone has suffered unexpected financial hardship, such as a job loss or medical emergency, using Alleviate Financial Solutions can help you get your finances back on track and avoid piling on more debt.

However, if your debt-related issues are related to secured debts, such as car loans or mortgages, or are mandatory debts, like alimony or student loan debt, Alleviate Financial Solutions will not be able to help you.

Alleviate Financial Solutions services

Alleviate Financial Solutions services works with individuals to reduce the debt they owe. After a consultation, you will be given an estimate of how long your process will take.

You will need to stop paying your creditors and instead deposit an agreed-upon amount to a Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation-insured account administered by Debt Pay Gateway. Once you have enough money to settle your first debt, then Alleviate Financial Solutions will contact your creditor to negotiate the debt payoff. The whole debt repayment process will vary per individual but typically takes 24 to 48 months.

Alleviate Financial Solutions requirements

To qualify, you must have at least $10,000 in unsecured debt or $500 in unsecured debt per creditor.  Additionally, you must prove significant financial hardship, which is done by ceasing payments to your debts. Note that this can have negative implications and your credit score will be affected and creditors will change your status to delinquent and then to collections.

You will also be required to open a savings account with Alleviate Financial Solutions’ chosen savings account and deposit money monthly. This money will be used for debt negotiations. Alleviate Financial Solutions will not start any debt negotiations until your account has reached a suitable payoff amount.

Alleviate Financial Solutions costs

Alleviate Financial Solutions doesn't charge for a consultation, and you will not be charged a fee until your debt is settled. Alleviate Financial Solutions does not list the percentage fee it charges, stating that fees vary from state to state. Compared to similar debt settlement companies, you can expect to pay a 15% to 25% fee on the amount of debt settled.

Alleviate Financial Solutions FAQ

What is Alleviate Financial Solutions?

Alleviate Financial Solutions is a debt relief company that helps people in economic hardship manage their debts. It works with creditors and negotiates a reduced rate of the amount of money owed.

How does Alleviate Financial Solutions work?

When you hire Alleviate Financial Solutions for debt relief, you'll stop paying your debt as a way of showing financial hardship. Instead, you'll open a savings account and make monthly payments, and when sufficient money has accrued, Alleviate Financial Solutions will talk to creditors on your behalf.

Where is Alleviate Financial Solutions available?

Alleviate Financial Solutions is available in 31 states throughout the United States.

Is Alleviate Financial Solutions legit?

Yes, Alleviate Financial Solutions has been in business since 2018, and according to its website, it has helped clients settle over $300 million of debt.

Stars Rating

• 46%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alleviate Financial Solutions?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Alleviate Financial Solutions?

Reviewed July 19, 2024

Alleviate Financial Solutions trashed what we had left on our credit reports. It put my husband below 500. And I'm barely above 500. We were over 600. Alleviate made us wait for three months before they started doing anything. They said we had to get severely delinquent. We have been paying on time or close to on time. It wasn't hurting our credit. But we just had a lot of it and we needed to get some of it down because we were moving and my husband wouldn't have a job paying as well. So, it was imperative we get our payments down. And it trashed our credit report. But Alleviate handles it. They get some of the debt taken down. And we pay them off. They give us a monthly payment. It's a set amount that was less than what I was paying. I was happy about that. They have negotiated with two of the credit cards to lower the amount due. And they have stopped the credit cards from calling us.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, Linda.

We genuinely understand your concern regarding the impact on credit scores and appreciate your valuable feedback and patience. Enrolling in a debt resolution program can adversely affect your credit; however, our primary goal is to help you achieve financial freedom through more manageable payments. While there may be a decrease in your credit in the early stages, the creditor will report to the credit bureau once the account is paid off. Demonstrating financial hardship allows us to negotiate favorable settlements on your behalf.

We're pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the reduced monthly payments and the progress made thus far. Should you have any questions or need further assistance throughout your journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We're always here to help!

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed April 29, 2024

Alleviate was good. I was with another company, but it was taking them too long to settle my debt. Alleviate promised me they could do it fast. The enrollment process was simple and it was under 10 minutes. I had done it before with the other company, so I knew what I was looking at. They started the process of paying things off in a couple of weeks, and the reps were very helpful. They did exactly what they told me they would do, and they called on a regular basis as opposed to the other one I was with. I felt really comfortable with Alleviate. It was easy, and now, I'm done with the program.

Pinned

Thank you for choosing Alleviate Financial Solutions and for sharing your positive experience! We're thrilled to hear that you found our enrollment process simple and efficient, especially compared to your previous experience. It's great to know that our team was proactive in managing your case and that you felt comfortable and supported throughout the process. Congratulations on completing the program! We're so glad we could assist you in resolving your debt quickly and effectively. If there's anything more we can help with in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for trusting us with your financial journey!

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaffProcess

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Enrolling with Alleviate Financial Solutions was very seamless and simple. The gentleman was very helpful in the whole process and it was very quick. Everyone that I've talked to has been nice and welcoming. Having debt is a stigma. I felt ashamed. So talking to everyone, it has been very helpful and they understand that I'm trying to get my life together. If you are someone who's not the most tech-savvy or who was a bit older, you might run into a couple of issues because the app is something that is pushed towards the call. You might have issues integrating yourself into setting up automatic payments. But being a younger person, I loved it.

I had a lot of debt and Alleviate slashed it. It has worked amazingly. It's always great to pay less money. My life is a lot more on track just because, having that cloud of debt and trying to figure out how to pay it off, it's gone. My payments per month are now very manageable with my paycheck. If you're serious about consolidating your debt, you should 100% give Alleviate a call and ask for assistance.

Pinned

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Alleviate Financial Solutions! We’re delighted to hear that the enrollment process was seamless and that our team was able to provide you with the support and understanding you needed during a challenging time. It’s great to know that our services have significantly helped in reducing your debt and making your financial situation more manageable.

We also appreciate your feedback regarding the usability of our app, particularly for those who may not be as tech-savvy. We strive to make our services accessible to everyone, and your insights are invaluable as we continue to improve our technology. We’re committed to making the experience as user-friendly as possible for all ages.

Thank you for recommending Alleviate to others who are looking to consolidate their debt. It’s our goal to help as many people as possible regain control of their finances. We look forward to continuing to support you and others in achieving financial freedom!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I liked that I was able to consolidate my debt in the end and get a loan for a rate than I wouldn't have before and that at least closed out my overdue account. I would recommend Alleviate. They called me on a biweekly basis but it was a different person each time. I didn’t like that I had to start all over again with what was going on and they were not as helpful as they could have been with court cases. I submitted my documents to them and, apparently, there was a different portal I was supposed to use, but I had no idea. I used the website to upload documents and it wasn’t very user-friendly.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience with Alleviate Financial Solutions. We're pleased to hear that you were able to consolidate your debt effectively and secure a favorable loan rate through one of our partners. It's great to know that we could assist in closing out your overdue account and that you would recommend us.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by having to communicate with different representatives each time, and the confusion regarding document submission, our goal is always to make sure you have a live person to speak to and to assist you. Your feedback is invaluable, and we're committed to improving our communication and document management processes to ensure a more seamless and supportive experience for our clients.

Thank you again for your constructive comments and for choosing Alleviate. We appreciate your recommendation and are here to assist with any further needs or concerns you might have.

StaffProcessTransparency

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Alleviate was very transparent, always helpful and quick to get answers to questions. They gave me a lot of good advice and made sure that I was aware of things that I may have needed to do on my end. They were right there with me through the whole process. I finished the program early. I just got my close-out package from Alleviate showing that all my debt had been paid off. That was a nice letter and package to get. It's like a diploma you wanna hang on the wall. I am satisfied. The numbers are going in the right direction and I have seen an increase in my credit score. However, their client portal is wonky. While I could see the status of my debt and see which ones have been settled and which ones were being negotiated, it always seemed whenever I needed to upload documents, I couldn't attach the documents. Alleviate could do well by getting an upgrade on their portal and give the user a better experience.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We're thrilled to hear that you found our team transparent and helpful throughout your journey with Alleviate, and that our advice was valuable in guiding you through the process. It's wonderful to know that you've successfully completed the program and received your close-out package—it's certainly a milestone worth celebrating!

We appreciate your feedback on our client portal. Ensuring a smooth and user-friendly experience is crucial, and we take your comments seriously. We are continuously working on improving our systems, including upgrading the portal to make document uploading more seamless. Thank you for pointing this out, and rest assured, we are on it!

Congratulations once again on clearing your debt and improving your credit score. We're proud to have been a part of your financial improvement journey!

Reviewed July 18, 2024

Alleviate has done an excellent job so far. I needed to get rid of some of my debt and they were the best one that offered me a good way to do it. They negotiated about four of my accounts so far in a short period of time since March. They were right on top of trying to solve some of the debt solutions. They did a great job of making me understand what was going on and what we needed to do. Compared to National Debt Relief, which I had five years ago, Alleviate is excellent.

Michael,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your positive experience with us! We are thrilled that our team has assisted you effectively in managing your debt. Knowing that our negotiation efforts and communication have met your expectations is wonderful. We strive to provide the best service possible and are glad you found our approach superior to other debt-relief options. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for choosing Alleviate!

Customer ServicePriceProcess

Reviewed April 29, 2024

The letter that I got in the mail indicated that it was going to be a loan at a lower interest rate to pay off my debt but that wasn't what it was. It was more like, "Hey, look over here. This is a product we want to solicit to you so that you can call." On the initial presentation, after I got through the part where I knew that it wasn't going to be a loan and it was going to be more of a debt settlement, I still needed the assistance so I went ahead and went through it. The initial consultation met my expectations. They told me the debt I have, my current FICO score, and what it's going to look like if I pay it off without the service and if I utilize the service. I was able to see a significant savings over the term that I'm in the program so that was good. We signed up all the accounts that I had and I signed up for the payment withdrawals to come out of my checking account.

Where I started to have problems with Alleviate was under the settlement program. They were taking $300 a month out of my account. They were loading this money up and they would get a settlement offer from financial institutions. I had two issues with that. One, they would make no attempt to negotiate the settlement offer. If a company sent a settlement offer of 80%, they would just accept the 80% and come back to me with.

Second, I had a Capital One account and they were offering a settlement of 50 cents on the dollar. The money that Alleviate had on my behalf was enough to pay that settlement for two days. But they wouldn't accept the settlement in full. What they made the creditor do is break down that installment over six months. I have to set them up over that amount of time so they can continue to collect the fee from you over the months. They ended up taking about $1,500 from me settling one account for $300 and then sending me a refund check of $400. All in all, I paid $700 to settle a $300 balance so that they could take their fees.

They're operating out of a situation that's not in my best interest for the purposes of collecting money from me and I'm their client. Also, when I initially joined the program, they didn't want me to tell my creditors that I was with them. They wanted me to continue fielding the collection calls and for over a five-month period, I couldn't answer my telephone because every phone call was a creditor.

They weren't doing anything for me that I couldn't do for myself and it was an easy way for them to take money from people who are in debt. I had a $6,900 balance with a creditor. When I joined them, that balance was $4,000. Alleviate called me and offered me a settlement of 60 to 80 cents on the dollar and they requested that I increase the amount that I'm paying them on a monthly basis. I couldn't accept the settlement.

I finally closed out from them a month ago and I just got the refund check in the mail last week and I've been doing it myself. I've been able to get settlement balances at a better rate than they have because I've simply said to the creditors, "Thank you for this offer, but this is what I have. Can we work from there?" Just simply having a conversation with them and I've been able to save myself money. So I feel like Alleviate stole money from me. It was the most frustrating experience I've ever had dealing with a company. I wouldn't recommend utilizing them.

Dear Garnett,

We appreciate your feedback and deeply apologize for any difficulties you encountered using our services. We constantly strive to provide our clients with the best possible experience, and we are truly sorry for the frustrations you experienced.

We take your concerns very seriously, and our management team will contact you soon to discuss this matter in more detail.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I paid everything off very early but spent six months fighting Alleviate to finish it. They did not negotiate with one of my accounts and the only reason it was negotiated was because I called them twice a week. They let it fall off the radar and I had to beg them. I had to send email after email and make phone call after phone call to get somebody to deal with the one last account. Then they still charged me for that when I received a negotiation from the credit card company. The reps were always polite but I never had any support. They never did anything they said they were going to do. I started making them put everything in writing and in emails. I was very unhappy with Alleviate and would not ever refer them to anybody.

Dear Kristin,

We are deeply sorry for the difficulties you faced while using our services, and we genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our goal is to provide exceptional support to all our clients, and we regret any shortcomings you may have experienced.

We value your concerns and have assigned a management team member to contact you to discuss your feedback in more detail. Please rest assured that we take your feedback seriously, are fully committed to addressing the matter, and strive to resolve it to your satisfaction.

We will be in touch soon, so please expect our call. Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I was needing help to get out of my bond. I spoke to Frank at Alleviate and he was quite helpful in making me understand the process. They negotiated for lesser fees. After it all got started, it was frustrating. Getting the information I really was looking for was not that great. They called monthly to try to give me an update, but it was just somebody reading a script. In the end, they did what they said they were going to and I'm glad I'm done with them. But if I was asked if I'd do it again, I'd say I would go with a different route. If somebody was seeking their services, I would point them in a different direction. Alleviate was pretty fee-heavy and that was something I really wasn't aware of initially. So, I tried to scramble as much as possible to get out of it. And one time, they had more or less tried to make an offer for a loan to pay it off, which was totally ridiculous.

Dear Henry,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We sincerely regret any inconvenience you may have experienced, as delivering a positive customer experience is our utmost priority. Our goal was to provide you with communication and support at every stage of our program, and we apologize for any challenges you may have encountered.

We want to assure you that we are committed to addressing your concerns and have appointed a dedicated management team member to contact you soon to discuss the matter further. Please anticipate our call.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

I called several different places and Alleviate was the first one that contacted me back. I was trying to get out of some debt. I did a consolidation and it was a good experience. They talked to me at least once a month. Sometimes they would call twice a month. Every time I had questions, they answered them. I like the service. If it ever happens again, I will go back with them.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with Alleviate Financial Solutions! We're so glad to hear that we were responsive to your initial contact and that your debt consolidation process went smoothly. It's great to know that our regular communication and readiness to answer your questions contributed positively to your experience with us. We appreciate your willingness to choose Alleviate again should the need arise, and we're here to support you in any way we can in the future. Thank you for trusting us with your financial needs!

Alleviate Financial Solutions Company Information